Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 208424 times)

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2011, 03:16:53 AM »
I love GFW's Extra stage.
This. Fighting Marisa makes this game 20% cooler than the rest.
(but it was a pain to unlock.... ^^;)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2011, 04:22:14 AM »
I honestly don't see how Extra is any harder than Hard.
You bomb when you need to, you trance when you really need a spellcard to die.
First card is streaming-like, second is more streaming, third is fun, fourth dies quickly...
The only troublesome things are her 7th, 8th, and 10th cards. Which is, you know, normal for an Extra boss.

Formless God

« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2011, 04:29:44 AM »
The only troublesome things are her 7th, 8th, and 10th cards. Which is, you know, normal for an Extra boss.
Speaking of which, how hard is her last, exactly ? I always screw up at some point even though it looks disturbingly simple.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2011, 05:10:08 AM »
Speaking of which, how hard is her last, exactly ? I always screw up at some point even though it looks disturbingly simple.

I've been getting consistent with it in Spell Practice (have a 10/31~ history, I think). It feels like it's better to misdirect the frog bullets so that you have room to follow the orbs around until you find a gap.

Edit: Have a YouTube if only because it's faster than downloading a replay and starting up the game and stuff.

I would say that it's not manic dodging like QED or Grudge Bow, but it's easy to mess up because of being nicked by an orb...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:42:34 AM by Fast Fanatic »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2011, 05:37:44 AM »
I've been hard at work today learning about the intricacies of each stage. I've managed a no deaths run of stages 1-4, and a one death run of stages 5 and 6. I've still got a ways to go, but by the time the English patch is released I should be raring to go and 1cc lunatic. :D

EDIT: Sanae extra clear. I am pleased to see ZUN's swift patching, and all is once again forgiven. It was nice for the game to not crash at the survival card. Only character left is Youmu, who I oddly enough haven't unlocked extra with yet (used her to beat easy mode for spell practice purposes).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:08:28 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »
Hi, Fairy Wars is my most favorite game in the series
more reasons for the youtube kiddies to scream EXTRA IS HARDER THAN LUNATIC LOL

Well yeah. I guess so.

I honestly don't see how Extra is any harder than Hard.
You bomb when you need to, you trance when you really need a spellcard to die.

Yes. If you allow bombing and trancing Extra becomes easy as always. Perfecting it however is likely more difficult than perfecting most Lunatic stages in the game.

Too busy making Touhou 14.

Yeah right. He probably starts up production around February, releases a demo in March and the full game in August. With huge room for booze breaks included.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2011, 04:24:36 PM »
Yeah right. He probably starts up production around February, releases a demo in March and the full game in August. With huge room for booze breaks included.
Nah. Currenlty, he's planning out Touhou 13
Spoiler:
. We probably aren't going to get Touhou 14 any time soon.

« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2011, 06:55:33 PM »
Nah. Currenlty, he's planning out Touhou 13
Spoiler:
. We probably aren't going to get Touhou 14 any time soon.

As long as its not a clear Lunatic in two attempts game focused around cancelling out bullets that couldn't have been dodged normally then sure.  :V
Okay, enough picking on the fairies. I don't think there will be more than one spin-off between Touhou 13 and 14. Last time was three spin-offs. One of which was Double Spoiler. There isn't enough new characters to justify making a third photography game yet. As for fighters, we just had one. So I don't think its likely that another one will be released anytime soon.

However, I would be an idiot if I thought myself capable of predict what ZUN's going to do. After all, I only drink at parties as opposed to being allergic to non-alcoholic beverages.

But really, just spread out over the internet and make discussions about a hundred different kinds of spin-offs. ZUN always does the opposite of what people theorize so perhabs manipulating the man into making 14 next year is possible. :)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2011, 08:10:47 PM »
Have a timeout video of the last card of the TD Extra midboss.

Wait, is this the first time you've played Fairy Wars?

WHY DOES NOBODY BUT ME LOVE FAIRY WARS? T_T

Not sure what the confusion here is about but I just said that I did an Ultra 1cc of the game.
I had beaten everything normal and shit when the game came out.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2011, 08:59:03 PM »
Perfect Imperishable Night Stage 1 on Hard, including the Last Spell. Yeah, it's only the first stage but it's still something to me.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15394
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #280 on: August 18, 2011, 09:10:12 PM »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2011, 09:12:17 PM »
Passed the end-stage portion of Stage 5 Lunatic in Ten Desires on my 2nd attempt. WIthout bombs or trances that is. It didn't seem too bad to be honest. The midboss spell is pretty annoying though. Thank goodness for spell practice so I can learn the pattern of it. Or at least figure out a way to approach it.

What other news? That I managed to cock up perfect runs of Futo on the 2nd spell and on some of her non-spells? That's hardly good news. Perfecting her doesn't mean anything unless it happens on top of a perfect stage run anyways. I'll be back for her when I'm less sleepy.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2011, 10:06:59 PM »
Stage 5 no deaths. I'm gettin' there. /o/

EDIT: Stage 6 no deaths. Yah ho~ Now once I get serious I just need to piece all these individual runs together, and...!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:00:56 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #283 on: August 18, 2011, 10:21:13 PM »
1cc. Yes, it was Easy, but this is the first time I've 1cc'd or even cleared a Touhou game in almost two years.

« Reply #284 on: August 19, 2011, 07:00:11 AM »
Minor one, but I had probably the best run of MoF Normal I've had since...well, ever. Ended it with six lives to spare and 5.00 power. Only deaths came at Aya's first spell and at Rice Porridge in Tube, and I had at least three bombs in stock when both of those happened. I think I might be ready to seriously attempt a no-death MoF Normal now. ^_^

« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2011, 07:13:49 AM »
First capture of the final Extra card. It seems pretty easy but to do it as fast as possible might be annoying.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2011, 07:15:11 AM »
First capture of the final Extra card. It seems pretty easy but to do it as fast as possible might be annoying.
Then, uh, don't aim for a speedkill? If you're going for a perfect, it might be better to play it safer.

I got to Stupid Shrine Maiden in a no-death attempt with 4 bombs and then I ran into a frog... But it's progress.

gof

« Reply #287 on: August 19, 2011, 07:53:38 AM »
10D normal 1cc and EoSD normal 1cc. Left PCB and SA to clear on normal.  :3

« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2011, 08:14:02 AM »
Then, uh, don't aim for a speedkill? If you're going for a perfect, it might be better to play it safer.

I got to Stupid Shrine Maiden in a no-death attempt with 4 bombs and then I ran into a frog... But it's progress.

Now that I have practiced it a bit more, It might actually be easier to speed kill it than simply capturing it normally. The biggest danger for me is to avoid the big bullets. Yes. I am serious. I keep reading those things as were they just glowy metal fatigue bullets. But they aren't. They are much bigger than them.

Also. I think that if you hug the sides of the screen, you'll never hit a frog.

« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2011, 11:00:27 AM »
So I got a Lunatic 1cc and Extra Clear in TD today. That didn't take long at all lol. It usually takes me forever to actually 1cc Lunatic clear any Touhou game nowadays. Then again TD is pretty goddamn easy compared to the rest of the games. I honestly thought I was gonna fuck up on Miko alot but looks like I had the best run I ever had against here which is nice I guess. Still don't like her as a boss cause she's so goddamn underwhelming compared to the other final bosses.

As for the extra stage,the stage is kinda boring and too easy(kinda wish it was like UFO stage portion which was fun) though the Nue midboss and the hipster racoon loli was fun as hell so I guess that made up for it. Still a pretty good game but I still find UFO and SA much better games overall.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2011, 02:22:04 PM »
While doing a casual Soku arcade run, I managed to land Yukari smack in the middle of my Fantasy Heaven, so that EVERYTHING hit. Of course, it never went past 14830 damage due to proration, but YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

(it's obviously been done before, countless times, by other people, but it's still an accomplishment for me :V )

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »
I gave Extra another try on Imperishable Night and I got to Hollow Giant "Woo" this time. I still need more practice, but I definitely am getting farther now. :3
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2011, 05:42:03 PM »
1cc'd Ten Desires on third try with Reimu, le yay.

Also, Miko is my fave touhou right now, I'm sorry Youmu, but you've finally been beaten.

You're still my number 2 though.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2011, 06:21:31 PM »
Phantasm Completion II: The Return of Yukari's Defeat

Notable this time because this is after my Touhou hiatus, and therefore, after 88 retries.

I forgot how to do the final to Danmaku Bounded Field though :(

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #294 on: August 19, 2011, 08:57:36 PM »
Hahaha oh wow. There's just so much shit happening on the screen in the extra survival of TD on Ultra that the game just outright crashed.  24 of a kind or something.  :V

The stage is crazy fun though, I love what it did to the nonspells.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #295 on: August 20, 2011, 12:14:36 AM »
Well, nothing MAJOR, but...

Now have 2 characters available for Phantasm(SakuB who I got first, then more recently reimuB, who only took 17 attempts to get compared to the WAY-TOO-MANY for Sakuya.)

Also, cleared Hard PCB for the first time(5cc, but either way, I got TO the ending, which is the biggest thing, so now if I want I can practice there...)
During the run, capped Lyrica's solo spell on my second time seeing it(SO much easier than her Normal one, ugh.), as well as managing to first-try capture Resurrection Butterfly -50% Reflowering-, so I was pretty happy, all things considered.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #296 on: August 20, 2011, 03:25:53 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15438

Ten Desires 1cc on Normal with Reimu.  Got to the final boss at 5/1, then proceeded to die 3 times during the fight...all due to stupid mistakes I made, meaning I finished 2/0.

On the plus side, I captured her final card.  Feel pretty happy about that.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #297 on: August 20, 2011, 07:32:01 AM »
Finally captured Toyosatomimi's 6th Spell on Lunatic:
http://gensokyo.org/replays/download.php?id=15399

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

mikeKOSA

« Reply #298 on: August 20, 2011, 01:44:18 PM »
Tried a random full stage pacifist of MoF Stage 6 Lunatic. Lose my last life on VoWG at 36 seconds left. It's a sucky run, died 3 times on the 3rd nonspell.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #299 on: August 20, 2011, 05:36:26 PM »
th13 All character clear on Easy, Normal, and Extra.
What should I do? Beat th13 Hard or beat th12 Hard with MarisaA?
Signature