Author Topic: Old series that are cool to watch even now?  (Read 23256 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Old series that are cool to watch even now?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2011, 04:25:40 AM »
Glad to see I'm not the only one who would mention Digimon here. I like Tamers in particular, if you can call 10 years ago as being "old". It's one of those things where, despite being exposed to some of its darker aspects earlier in my childhood, I was only able to better understand them after growing older (for instance, I'm much more sensitive to death now). There's also being a bit more familiar with the inspirations (i.e. Lovecraft) behind the main villains, among other things, and knowing the background for all this makes me appreciate the Tamers universe more.

There are quite a few other series mentioned in this thread (too many to list) whose names I recall from my distant past, however I actually don't remember too many details about most of them. I was better at retaining memories of video games than TV shows back then.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »
Pokemon =D

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2011, 06:12:53 PM »
I remember watching the first Digimon movie in theater, i even bought the DVD lol, ah childhood memories. =p

Oh and I want to recommend Hunter X Hunter to everyone

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2011, 03:55:04 AM »
I remember watching the first Digimon movie in theater, i even bought the DVD lol, ah childhood memories. =p

That's so weird, I was going through an old DVD case earlier this week and there was that movie staring at me.  I forgot that movie had a bitchin' soundtrack.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2011, 04:29:15 PM »
watching Appleseed (the new series now airing) I am reminded of exactly how awesome Shirow-inspired anime can be, and I think about it now, watching any of them is as good entertainment as they always will be.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Grimarg

• B-but you haven't promoted me yet!
  • Thanks Aoshi for the avvy! :3
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2011, 01:10:47 AM »
I would add (sorry if anybody said this earlier) SDF Macross, It's the first anime that I ever saw, back when I was a little kid, and it blew my mind.

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2011, 02:11:13 AM »
Remembered this series the other day, so I'll just leave this here.

EBICHUMAN.