Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 114907 times)

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 2]
« Reply #570 on: July 18, 2011, 12:35:11 AM »
I would actually prefer that we don't shoot anyone until Xix gets back here and tells us his reads on Iffrita and Miya.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #571 on: July 18, 2011, 12:36:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure Xix is going to lurk out regardless. I've been waiting for long enough and this game has gone fucking nowhere.
I'd appreciate it if Miya gave some opinions before the shot though.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #572 on: July 18, 2011, 12:36:52 AM »
So basically I wrote up that case on Miya for no reason?

I'm a bit irritated that you are seriously considering shooting me over "I'll admit Iffrita is shady". You should be shooting scum, not a person who you think looks shady. And I already wrote a huge fucking post about why Miya is scum. But people like ignoring me, so welp. <_<

Are you even considering whether I'm a better target than Miya or not, or are you just shooting me because I "look shady"? That's fucked up. If people still don't at least consider looking into my Miya case after I flip town and she actually gets away with this bullshit, then I will rage hard postgame.

UK, who would you lynch following a town!Iffrita flip?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #573 on: July 18, 2011, 12:41:45 AM »
Likely Miya, then Orwen. My Orwen findings so far (and they're still early), have been fairly independent of your flip. I might even propose Orwen dies first, but I admittedly feel that you flipping town would damn Miya beyond redemption.

I would presume "looks shady" means the same thing as "looks scummy", because honestly you do. I say GUT =D but your post claim behavior, which should not be discounted, reads a LOT like trying to appease the "cop" (or tracker in this case), because you know she has her number. I'm sticking to that. I'm glad Book is willing to go along with me.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #574 on: July 18, 2011, 12:43:17 AM »
-_-

I've already explained why I dislike the way your claim came out and yes, I do think it's scummy.
I also think Miya looks pretty bad. Oh goddammit. I can postpone until Miya posts. MIYA, POST SOMETHING.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #575 on: July 18, 2011, 12:44:42 AM »
:shrug:
Looks shady has different connotations to me. I always thought it dealt with gut rather than actual provable scumminess.

I think Miya's post-claim antics have been at least equally bad in comparision to mine. If she is not lynched to hell and back after my flip, then I will seriously have no words for this town.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #576 on: July 18, 2011, 12:45:59 AM »
Miya, can you give an ETA on a post answering questions posed towards you? I'll admit that I think vigging sooner rather than later would be more advantageous, Book. In fact, the vig probably should have happened with at least 24 hours left in the day, but I can understand why that might have been bad. Still, the more time we have to work with the flip, the better off we are.

@Iffrita: Assuming you're town, of course. Sure, I'll push the Miya lynch through for you if you somehow flip town. I doubt this will be an eventuality I need to seriously consider.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #577 on: July 18, 2011, 12:46:12 AM »
Iffrita, a question for you. What made you stop supporting the Just wagon at the end of day 1?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #578 on: July 18, 2011, 12:47:38 AM »
@Empress Iffrita #433: Don't worry for I know that at least I have read this post and I do agree with most of the points raised against Princess Miya in it. If you were to flip town then I would definitely be in support of a Princess Miya lynch. However a lot of my dislike of you is how you readily you went along with Princess Miya's request to fullclaim. In addition to that I believe it to be a fakeclaim and a townie has no need for such a fakeclaim.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #579 on: July 18, 2011, 12:52:16 AM »
OK while it's about halfway~ done I can probably finish the post in what... an hour?

No, I'm so sure Iffrita is scum that I will not blame a soul if you quicklynch me/ vig me/ anything if she flips town. (Hint: She's not)

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #580 on: July 18, 2011, 12:53:45 AM »
Can you post the first half right now?

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #581 on: July 18, 2011, 12:54:02 AM »
@UK: The smugness is completely unnecessary, moreso given that you're wrong. <_<

@Book: Well, her posts at the end of the day started "feeling like something scum wouldn't say" to me, which started making me doubt myself somewhat. I have no real idea how to explain that. What actually convinced me enough to switch was Moonin's post about Just at least claiming something confirmable. I realized that scum!Just probably would have had a lot more to gain from claiming a power that would result in a counterclaim. Scum would most likely not have too much to gain from claiming something confirmable in a game where the mod says that roles are unrelated to alignment. I also suddenly figured that stalling to keep Just alive for another night would not be too useful when her confirmable action was, as far as I knew at the time, placing a vote on somebody. Why do you ask?

The "I think Iffrita was fakeclaiming" claims are REALLY BUGGING ME because I have no idea how to refute them when I don't know why people think my claim was fake. All I can respond with is a reaffirmation that I posted my genuine role, because as you said, town has no reason to fakeclaim.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #582 on: July 18, 2011, 12:56:25 AM »
What do you think, Book? If Miya finishes in an hour, that kind of has me rereading rather later than I'd hope...

@Iffrita: Sorry if you're offended. It's how I raise my motivation by ramping up my confirmation bias. Given it will be dispelled either way soon I feel safe doing this. As for the fakeclaim accusations, my advice would be (in general) just to acknowledge that these aren't accusations you can fight, even if they are wrong, and drop them. Letting them get to you just makes you less effective, regardless of alignment.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #583 on: July 18, 2011, 12:59:31 AM »
Depore: You know what letting him live one or two more days would have done? PROVED THAT HE COULD MOVE VOTES. That doesn't mean shit, and in fact if we're going to game things, vote moving is actually a kind of scummy power! But powers aren't related to alignment so basically whatever argument you're having falls apart.

I don't recall ever trying to "game things" or arguing that powers are related to alignment? Are you implying I did these things or am I just misreading this ??? I only pointed out that Orwen used something completely irrelevant to Just's justification to switch from his top scum read to a confirmed non-scum. Do you disagree with this assessment of Orwen's approach to the end of the day? If so, why?

Iffrita's recent posts look more "let me live!" than "kill that guy!", which doesn't do much to endear me to her.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #584 on: July 18, 2011, 01:00:31 AM »
Unless you mean running the numbers is "gaming things" in which case I strongly disagree that working with objective numbers is the same as trying to guess alignments based on roleclaims.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #585 on: July 18, 2011, 01:01:56 AM »
I haven't reread it yet. That said, you're right, I'm getting caught up in the wrong argument, I apologize. I felt like you were proposing that we should have let Just live, which I don't feel would have been wise. It still was irrelevant.

I'll probably end up agreeing with your point on Orwen if I understand it properly.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #586 on: July 18, 2011, 01:03:30 AM »
@Depore #583: #504 "You're trying to say that it Just's role was provable as a non-scum role based on the fact that LYLO/MYLO would come sooner?" I'm still wondering how we would even know whether or not we were meant to be in a proper LYLO/MYLO in the first place?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #587 on: July 18, 2011, 01:10:13 AM »
@Iffrita: I'm looking at your end of day actions and I was just wondering why you abruptly switched away from Just. I think your explanation makes sense though.

@Navarus: If Miya is going to finish in an hour, I think the extra info from that post is worth waiting for.

It doesn't help that both of you are tossing out AtE like confetti.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #588 on: July 18, 2011, 01:10:32 AM »
EBWOP: "You" referring to Miya and Iffrita.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #589 on: July 18, 2011, 01:11:17 AM »
Fair enough. But don't let that hour become 2 hours...then 4 hours...then deadline.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #590 on: July 18, 2011, 01:13:08 AM »
Yeah, if he stalls past the hour he's given, I intend to either vig him or get him lynched.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #591 on: July 18, 2011, 01:13:44 AM »
It doesn't help that both of you are tossing out AtE like confetti.
Well obviously I'm going to be irritated if I feel like people disregarded the giant case I spent a significant portion of time writing up. <_<

This is just personal irritation, though. I'd be complaining regardless of alignment, though, because why the fuck does everybody ignore me in Mafia games.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #592 on: July 18, 2011, 01:15:07 AM »
Might not necessarily be stalling. But I get your point.

@Iffrita: I'm sorry about that. I'm not trying to ignore you. I've been going over this situation again and again and I haven't seen anything that changes my mind.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #593 on: July 18, 2011, 01:16:49 AM »
I'm mainly talking to Book, who came from nowhere with "yeah, I'm going to shoot Iffrita because she's shady" without even commenting on my Miya case. It come off like he's disregarding Miya as a potential target entirely unless she lurks out.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #594 on: July 18, 2011, 01:19:08 AM »
That's a good observation I might want to look into if you do flip town.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #595 on: July 18, 2011, 01:20:07 AM »
No, I read the Miya case, and I basically agree that Miya is the epitome of lurkscum.
As for why I suspect you, I don't think you realize how horrible your claim looks. It's hard to explain, but it just radiates sleaze.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #596 on: July 18, 2011, 01:21:13 AM »
Oh, yay, I just learned something dismaying! I'll have more details in a bit, though it's probably obvious to anyone who has been paying attention (you know, the way I completely haven't or I would have realized this a lot sooner)

It doesn't cast anything new into the Iffrita/Miya mess though, it's just something I feel bad for neglecting because I missed it.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #597 on: July 18, 2011, 01:25:20 AM »
All right.

So, first off, I have a neighborhood QT with Mikhail. You'll notice he hasn't posted today. He tells me that he's not ALLOWED to post after he revives someone. I missed him saying this earlier since he told me a lot of things about his role at once as well as things relevant to me. His role is actually really complex, but I see no reason to full claim it.

What he wants me to post now is: "The only things I feel strongly about is that Orwen is Scum, Xix can't be trusted to play for a town win con, Depore seems town, of Miya/Iffrita I think Iffrita is more likely the scum and should be shot."

I'll admit Mikhail influenced me to take a second look at Orwen. The thing he's saying about Xix has some interesting support, and is not a reference to his play skill (which has been rather bad)

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #598 on: July 18, 2011, 01:27:37 AM »
Of interesting note is that Mikhail is no longer in the votecounts, so that corrobates his story.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #599 on: July 18, 2011, 01:29:10 AM »
Votecount of Votecounts

Miya (4): One, Book of the Past, Iffrita, Moonin
Iffrita (4): Yuan, Navarus, Miya, Depore, Mala
Xix (1): Orwen

Moonin (0): Mala
Depore (0): Iffrita
Orwen (0): Mikhail
Mala (0): Orwen, Xix, Book of the Past

Not Voting: Navarus, Xix

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
You have about 12 hours and 40 minutes until Night 2.