Author Topic: What Occultisms fit your favorite Touhou?  (Read 2854 times)

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
What Occultisms fit your favorite Touhou?
« on: June 20, 2015, 01:59:35 PM »
Sumireko's mischief with her power stones certainly caused quite a stir in Gensokyo.  With everyone appearing in ULiL can't help testing out their newfound powers born from the urban legend, I am very sure that these girls are not the only ones who were imbued with such modern fantasy. 

Much more than just seven power stones existed, and because of that, I'm pretty sure our maidens of fantasy all had their share of this strange and dark power.  So, what I would like to ask is, what is your imagination towards other Touhou girls if they were paired with an occult power?  Feel free to describe what it would do of it appeared in a game. Here are some examples...

Alice Margatroid - Annabelle doll.  Those who are given this doll by the dollmaker is expected to meet grim and deadly fate...

Remilia Scarlet - Descension of the Dice God.  You will win all the rolls with the blessing of the Dice God, the one and only true diety who brings you the wealth of hard earned raid items or strengthening those weapons beyond your imagination, but when your luck has runned out...

Aki Minoriko - Blessing of the crop circle.  Often in the blessed bountiful of rich crop fields yearning for harvest, a mysterious force is at works that brings terror and excitement to the otherwise dull lives.

Sariel (yeah, PC-98 too, why not?) - Realization of Death Flags.  Beware of your every action, as the angel of death will surely bring down upon you the death you deserve even for wanting to marry your girlfriend after this war is over.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Re: What Occultisms fit your favorite Touhou?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 06:07:20 PM »
Let's see...

Nue Houjuu - the Boogeyman. Is it hiding under your bed ? Is it watching you from your closet ? Is it just right behind the door ? What does it even looks like ?! Well, definitely looks like your worst nightmare. The formless terror that scares all children. Seems like Nue just wants to have fun with this power.

Aya Shameimaru - chain letters. A curious short story that ends in brutal fashion, stating that you'll meet that same brutal ending if you dn't forward this story to a certain number of people. Miss X thought this was a joke and ignored it, then she died horribly. Is it true or false ? Well, it's your call ... you better spread on the word, though. Aya saw new opportunities to spread her "newspaper" with this urban legend and fully intend to scare people into buying her "newspaper" with this. Oh by the way, did you hear about what happens when you don't read bunbunmaru ?

Murasa Minamitsu - the flying dutchman. A legendary ghost ship that brings great misfortune to those who encounters it. It's captain and crew are condemned to sail the seas forever, except this time the ship is flying. Some say that only a maiden's pure love can break it's curse, which won't be really convenient for Murasa ... unless that's why she picked this urban legend  :V

Hatate Himekaidou - ghost pictures. Don't you hate it when you take a photo and some dude who's been dead for a while photobomb you ? Well, it's still a harmless ghost though, but hey, you might get a family picture with your great grandpa, how awesome is that ?! Hatate had to come with a way to counter Aya's shady strategy. Nothing special, but the village kids must enjoy this kind of thriller.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 09:17:54 PM »
Yukari would surely have the monster of "not finding something unless you look in the one place you were sure it couldn't have been", such as the TV remote control in the fridge.
Sukima-onna would be fine as well, but Reimu stole the precious urban legend ;<

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 10:45:50 PM »
Kaguya- Chariots of the Gods. How did so many different civilizations develop such similar art, technology, and myths? Simple- humanity has been raised by a single, extra-terrestrial force.

Utsuho- Hollow Earth. Lost cities, dinosuars, Hell itself- there have been many theories as to what lies beneath the Earth's crust. Recently, a team of geologists claim to have heard what can only be described as screams.

Eirin- Stolen Kidney. A young man is seduced by a beautiful woman. After going to the woman's home, he wakes up in a bathtub full of ice and a scar on his side.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

UTW

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 12:53:52 AM »
When the game came out I thought Sanae's could essentially be herself, which is why I want she and Sumireko to meet. I want to see if her disappearance would be acknowledged.

I'm not wholly certain how to demonstrate it, but she could use something known to kidnap or spirit you away. Something classic that I'm unfamiliar with could work, but one thought was Slenderman, being a modern invention created through the Internet. This in mind, Hasshaku-sama would work if it weren't connected to Ichirin. Using Slenderman, it could be somewhat contemporary and meta, suiting Sanae.

My second thought for Sanae was the 'vanishing hitchhiker' urban legend, but I don't know how that would work in-game.

Lastly, the plot of Kakurenbo also came to mind in thinking of this.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:38:12 AM by UTW »

Drake

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 03:33:52 AM »
Something classic that I'm unfamiliar with could work, but one thought was Slenderman, being a modern invention created through the Internet.
Slenderman was actually referenced in FS in regards to the outside world.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 04:10:14 AM »
Parsee - crybaby bridge?