Author Topic: Touhou Bug/Glitch Thread  (Read 33846 times)

Re: Touhou Bug/Glitch Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2014, 02:26:30 PM »

Has anyone ever had this happen? One of the books were spawned half inside the wall, so it didn't shoot bullets to the bottom left side. Wonder if this is somehow exploitable. I was messing around the top of the screen and I bombed and this happened.

« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2014, 04:57:55 PM »
Got stuck on a "Now Loading..." process after I beat Satori on SA. All buttons doesn't work so I had to restart the game and my run.

Maybe because I skip the dialogues too fast?
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2014, 11:11:27 PM »

Has anyone ever had this happen? One of the books were spawned half inside the wall, so it didn't shoot bullets to the bottom left side. Wonder if this is somehow exploitable. I was messing around the top of the screen and I bombed and this happened.
I've never actually paid attention to this so I don't even know how often this happens. (maybe not at all except on rare occasions?) I'm gonna have to look through some replays for this.

Got stuck on a "Now Loading..." process after I beat Satori on SA. All buttons doesn't work so I had to restart the game and my run.

Maybe because I skip the dialogues too fast?
Probably not. I usually just skip right over the dialogue since I already know what they say, and I've never had anything like this ever happen. Probably just some loading error either when it tried to load there or when you started the game.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2014, 03:18:50 PM »
That reminds me, I've had a different run-ending glitch happen to me in SA, twice I think (both on stage 2). For whatever reason, stage 2's music failed to load, and at the end of the stage or when trying to Esc-R/Q, the game crashed. No idea why.

Also, I don't think this has been mentioned-- a few times, SA/UFO's fps count always displayed 0.00fps for me, despite the game appearing to run at normal speed. During this effect (which would continue until I closed the game), any captured spells would display an actual time of 0.00s, and the slowdown on new high scores/replays was displayed as -1.$% (replay). It seemed to be caused by loading the game immediately as I was logging in on my previous computer. I've never had it happen on my current computer though.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:25:44 PM by Karisa »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »
EoSD does something similar to me on my old Win98SE machine. (all this is without vsync because I didn't know about it back then) When the computer is first booted, if I play it quite soon after that, it plays at about an even 60 fps. Some time later (an hour?) it sticks to 58.88 fps, and more time after that (another hour?) it sticks at 62.50 fps and will never budge from that number until I reboot, thus repeating the cycle. I have no idea why it does that, and it was the only game that did that. It's also very reliable, because I don't have an instance of it not doing that. I would test it with vsync, but I managed to break the sound driver and can't repair it right now, and IIRC the games don't like no sound and won't run, though I could be wrong about that because it has been a long time since I really used that system.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2014, 08:18:36 PM »

I managed to replicate the glitch on both games, both in the same way. If you change resolutions with F10 while playing, this happens, and it's usually accompanied by some heavy input lag. I think it has to do with how the game has to reload on every change, but alt+tab from fullscreen doesn't cause the glitch despite seeming to need the same reload process. It also happens when there are some "heavy" processes going on (like AV scans, Win's updates or livestreams), so my guess is that sometimes the games fail to load properly if there's too much going on the computer, and sometimes I've even had the game freeze on the initial loading screen and have to shut it down with task manager.

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2014, 04:27:56 PM »
During Yuyu's second spellcard. I tried to deathbomb, but died, then border activated instantly and cancelled by itself and Reimu was like... that... Couldn't bomb until the next death too. I think I've heard about this one, but I guess I got really "lucky" this time.

« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2014, 05:42:28 PM »
One time I was playing IN as Sakuya solo, and I wanted to test out her bombs. I stand in the path of an oncoming bullet and press X right when it's about to hit me (as if I were deathbombing in a game other than IN.) I hear the death sound, but her normal bomb activates. I try it again, this time waiting for the bullet to actually be on top of me, and this time it works and I get her proper deathbomb. Is this supposed to happen? I heard someplace that if you bomb at exactly the right time, you will activate your normal bomb and only lose 1 bomb item. Is this true or is it just some kind of bug?

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2014, 05:52:26 PM »
One time I was playing IN as Sakuya solo, and I wanted to test out her bombs. I stand in the path of an oncoming bullet and press X right when it's about to hit me (as if I were deathbombing in a game other than IN.) I hear the death sound, but her normal bomb activates. I try it again, this time waiting for the bullet to actually be on top of me, and this time it works and I get her proper deathbomb. Is this supposed to happen? I heard someplace that if you bomb at exactly the right time, you will activate your normal bomb and only lose 1 bomb item. Is this true or is it just some kind of bug?
This's 100% intentional. IIRC if you only have one bomb the long deathbomb window won't activate since you don't have enough resouce. This's just an exclusive feature for this game, really.
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2014, 05:58:53 PM »
IIRC if you only have one bomb the long deathbomb window won't activate since you don't have enough resouce.

Oh yes it will. If you deathbomb as fast as you'd need to in other games, you get a normal deathbomb. If you deathbomb during the longer period, you get the Last Spell deathbomb. It definitely works even if you have only one bomb remaining.

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2014, 06:13:10 PM »
Oh yes it will. If you deathbomb as fast as you'd need to in other games, you get a normal deathbomb. If you deathbomb during the longer period, you get the Last Spell deathbomb. It definitely works even if you have only one bomb remaining.
I might misunderstand you but, does that mean the deathbomb window will be long even if you only have one bomb remaining? I know deathbomb is possible in that situation, only that it will only be as long as in other games. Maybe my post was a bit unclear.
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2014, 06:43:59 PM »
I might misunderstand you but, does that mean the deathbomb window will be long even if you only have one bomb remaining? I know deathbomb is possible in that situation, only that it will only be as long as in other games. Maybe my post was a bit unclear.

Yes, the longer (Last Spell) deathbomb period is certainly still there. It might be a bit shorter if you deathbombed before, though, like it usually is with deathbombs in other games.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:45:51 PM by C.Angel »

« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2014, 08:29:20 PM »
Oh yes it will. If you deathbomb as fast as you'd need to in other games, you get a normal deathbomb.
The timeframe for getting a normal bomb from a deathbomb in IN is way shorter than the typical deathbomb period.  I think it was single frame, but I'm not sure.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2014, 09:01:05 PM »
It seems IN's last spell deathbomb period is reduced if you have only 1 bomb remaining. It's also increased during spellcards. No idea what the exact amount is. These are a bit more noticeable if you're not using Reimu/Yukari, by the way.

I'd be interested in knowing how many frames it is in various situations, though I guess it'd require some kind of slowdown tool to test that.

« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2014, 10:08:33 PM »
http://youtu.be/Teyy1j3ZNkQ?t=9m50s
Wonder why Flandre decided to stop shooting for a wave there.

« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2014, 12:32:45 AM »
So, I am pretty sure this isn't intended:

Practicing PCB Stage 4 Lunatic, right after Lunasa?s opener:

Err, that bubble is part of your opener which I have just cleared, Lunasa, you are supposed to erase it, right?....

Lunasa is a cheater :/

Obviously not gamebreaking but still fairly annoying. Its very rare but it definitively exists, it has happened to me 5 or 6 times so far! LOL... But seriously that could cheaply kill you if you don't expect it (And you probably wouldn't expect such a rare bug to happen...)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:50:48 AM by IlikeBulletZ »

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2014, 03:33:36 AM »
@IlikeBulletZ:
Heh, that reminds me of one time a couple years ago where I captured Kisume's spell card on Lunatic in Subterranean Animism, but as I defeated her, she somehow got off one more attack which wasn't cancelled out, and it obliterated me. I even made a video of it: Link

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2014, 04:33:14 AM »
So, I am pretty sure this isn't intended:

Practicing PCB Stage 4 Lunatic, right after Lunasa?s opener:

Err, that bubble is part of your opener which I have just cleared, Lunasa, you are supposed to erase it, right?....

Lunasa is a cheater :/

Obviously not gamebreaking but still fairly annoying. Its very rare but it definitively exists, it has happened to me 5 or 6 times so far! LOL... But seriously that could cheaply kill you if you don't expect it (And you probably wouldn't expect such a rare bug to happen...)
I've had pretty much the exact same thing happen with Merlin before (though, sadly, I no longer have the replay). In my case, Merlin fired off a couple extra aimed wisps and some extra rings of red bullets as her second attack started.

Now I wonder if Lyrica is capable of the same sort of nonsense--and if so, what form it might take. Considering the nature of her opener, I could imagine some horrifying results. :ohdear:

« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2014, 12:29:04 AM »
EoSD crashing if I NMNB a Lunatic stage. Only happens with the MIDI soundtrack.