Author Topic: Cirno's Errand Adventure! (Touhou RPG Fangame) - 8-bit Sprite Request!  (Read 2529 times)

Hello everyone! I'm currently in the process of making a (somewhat short, but entertaining) 8-bit Cirno Fan Game RPG with a little help from some friends in RPG Maker VX Ace. This game is being made as a sort of practice ground for another Cirno RPG fangame that's planned. Anyway, the story is basically that Cirno and Daiyousei get punished by Reimu after a failed prank attempt. Their punishment? To run some errands for Reimu. However, since it's Cirno, things don't go as simply as they probably should go. The story itself is complete, with development in it's first stages and soon to enter level designing. But we're still missing some things. Like, for example, sprites of the characters and facesets. I'm here to request simple 8-bit sprites of Cirno and Daiyousei in a Dragon Quest III (NES) style. The other characters can come later in their 8-bit style when development is in it's later stages. Is anyone willing to help us out at this point in development? We might come for your help for the other characters at a later date as well. Thanks in advance!

Also, thanks to Kimidori and 98digger for indirectly helping me get on the right path!

It sounds like a fun game, but if you want some sprite artists, I suggest you show some of your game (Screenshots, videos etc) to gather interest. Also show how serious you are, because a lot of games here get dropped because either the creator loses interest, or things aren't going their way. No pixel artist is going to waste their time on such things.

Well the best of luck with your project! =D

Well, for something screenshot worthy, the only thing we have done is a test map of the first dungeon, the Forest of Magic. ^^; The level designer is taking their sweet time in finishing a single map, so... Maybe I should come back to this post and bump it when they create more maps so I can post useful screenshots. How do I prove I'm serious about this anyway? Either way, thank you for the advice and for the encouragement!