Author Topic: Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis - Bounty hunters save anime with crossbow revolvers  (Read 2419 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis is a card game about some fantasy world with angels and demons and shit.

MAPPA (Terror in Resonance) are adapting it into an anime and Cygames are pumping a lot of money into its budget. I think? It has a really big budget, anyway. The trailer a year ago made sure to show this off, and the second trailer made it hard to predict if the show will be any good. I mean, it's just an adaptation for a card game with some flamboyant looking character designs and some fantasy world lore. What good could it possibly be?

It's pretty great. Helmed by Keiichi Satou (Tiger & Bunny) and some other competent folks, Bahamut Genesis is a fun cartoon-ish action comedy with likable characters, amazing animation and a great sense of humor. Really one of those times when you need to listen to Funi and watch the damn show or you'll be missing out.

Here's Amira getting drunk. Drinking is fun, kids!

commandercool

• alter cool
Just watched the first episode, it was really fun. Definitely going to watch at least a few more. Glad other people watched this and were vocal about it, because I never would have bothered otherwise. I think this is technically the thing this season I've enjoyed the most so far.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

commandercool

• alter cool
Given the last episode's sea monster-and-fishman-centric nature (with a giant enemy crab no less, haw haw) the names of the boats (I forget what they were exactly, but they were references to the Lovecraft stories Dagon and Celephais) were cute. I think that's the best description for the whole show so far honestly, "cute". And that's fine. It's old-fashioned, it's goofy, I really like watching it. Good stuff.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
Sometimes I forget about my own threads.  :fail:

It looks like the show is finally conserving some of its budget. Episode 6 was pretty low-key and I think next one is a recap. I'll condone it as long as the second half (8-13) is as consistently good as the first (1-5).

BT

• I never talk to you
I'm kind of baffled, why didn't they put the recap episode AFTER this one? Holy shit this episode. (For reference: "Episode 7", where the recap was "Episode 6.5".)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:41:15 PM by BT »