Author Topic: Touhou Score Thread IV  (Read 20103 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Touhou Score Thread IV
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »
Please post a link to the replay file.
It's linked in the full nico description.

I'm attaching it to this post anyway though.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2012, 11:59:48 PM »
Just note that when watching the replay, the score freezes at 999,999,990 during the Sakuya battle (then jumps to 1,121,601,290 at the start of stage 6 and remains there until the end).

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2012, 04:50:02 AM »
Please post a link to the replay file.
The link that goes to the page with the replays is in the video description.
Anyhow, here it is: http://ism.harisen.jp/file/touhou/th6_11.rpy

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2012, 07:24:44 AM »
Thanks for the replay. Full video description can be seen only when logged in?

So I checked the EoSD score board and I was surprised that the highest Lunatic score had gotten past the highest Extra one.

Looking at the replay, I think it's the most impressive scorerun I've ever seen. Dude supergrazes literally everything (often for very little point reward), dodges every pattern that he doesn't bomb for star items perfectly, and I can't even see any room for improvement. Looks tool assisted, even, but I assume that if it's on the wiki it's not actually.
Looks tool assisted to me too.

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2012, 09:18:42 AM »
CAT improves his MarisaB Easy score by 10 millions and pushes it over 700 millions.

So I checked the EoSD score board and I was surprised that the highest Lunatic score had gotten past the highest Extra one.

Looking at the replay, I think it's the most impressive scorerun I've ever seen. Dude supergrazes literally everything (often for very little point reward), dodges every pattern that he doesn't bomb for star items perfectly, and I can't even see any room for improvement. Looks tool assisted, even, but I assume that if it's on the wiki it's not actually.

Grazing in EoSD is paramount when scoring, since the value of the bullets cancelled is increased depending on how much graze you have.

About it being tool-assisted, he did skip a few supergraze spots which were done in previous runs iirc and probably were too risky for too little gain, and it's accepted on royalflare so I don't think there's any cheating involved.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2012, 04:18:25 PM »
Alan improves the Scarlet Team's WR in IN and by doing so gets the highest overall score on the entire site!? Where did the Youmu WR's go?

Anyway, he one life clears the entire game and doesn't miss a single last word, also the best Mystia midboss spell supergraze I can remember. Anyone care to estimate a potential maximum score for Scarlet Team within the current players capabilities?

Immortal Momiji!

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2012, 09:59:51 PM »
Alan's Youmu replay was gone from Royalflare when I checked sometime (a few weeks or a month maybe) after it was originally posted to send the link to someone else. I linked to the Touhou Wiki download instead... speaking of which, Touhou Wiki's high scores page currently says that the IN record is 30 million higher than Alan's, without linking a replay.

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2012, 08:22:40 AM »
Alan's Youmu replay was gone from Royalflare when I checked sometime (a few weeks or a month maybe) after it was originally posted to send the link to someone else. I linked to the Touhou Wiki download instead... speaking of which, Touhou Wiki's high scores page currently says that the IN record is 30 million higher than Alan's, without linking a replay.

Wow I didn't notice the new Youmu WR, but how annoying that the replay is missing.

Immortal Momiji!