Author Topic: If you can't get enough of Danmaku, Realm of the Mad God is for you.  (Read 18635 times)

D8ms

• Oriental
    • saigyouji.net
Re: If you can't get enough of Danmaku, Realm of the Mad God is for you.
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 05:03:59 AM »
but i wanna sell my golden dagger for a gbow D:D:D:D:D:

"Bulwark" and "Acropolis" are spelled incorrectly.

"Diabolical Secrets" should be "Diabolic Secrets".

Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't find any of the manor stuff on the list. Abraham, Chasuble, and Holy Prot are sold pretty frequently.
It could be a problem if you're trying to sell stuff like ammies, Holy Prots, Dooms, or Dblades on there.

also foul for 5 vit zomfgwat

Bah, I knew I made a few typos here and there. I used an old version of a price-guide, so I know that it was missing a few things. We will probably push out another update tomorrow, and hopefully it'll be in an acceptable state to just release. Though what do you think would make for a good upper limit? I've never gotten to the point where I would trade for that sort of stuff

It would be easier to navigate if the items are placed according to item types:

Such as:

Staff:
-Staff of Horrors
-Necrotia Arcana Staff
-Staff of Diabolic Secrets
-Staff of Astral Knowledge
-Staff of Cosmic Whole

or something of similar design.

We were discussing what would be easier, and by item type was one of the suggestions in the foot notes. The alternatives aside from your suggestion were

-Allow a free text box that allows people to search by common names, e.g. "horror" would return Staff of Horror (we'll probably do something dynamic so the db will "learn" if new terms ever surfaces)
-Categorize by tier

E: Now that I think about it, a regex field would work as well...

Still not sure which we'll end up with, but organizing the list is a high priority atm.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 05:08:54 AM by D8ms »

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2012, 06:09:58 AM »
Bah, I knew I made a few typos here and there. I used an old version of a price-guide, so I know that it was missing a few things. We will probably push out another update tomorrow, and hopefully it'll be in an acceptable state to just release. Though what do you think would make for a good upper limit? I've never gotten to the point where I would trade for that sort of stuff

We were discussing what would be easier, and by item type was one of the suggestions in the foot notes. The alternatives aside from your suggestion were

-Allow a free text box that allows people to search by common names, e.g. "horror" would return Staff of Horror (we'll probably do something dynamic so the db will "learn" if new terms ever surfaces)
-Categorize by tier

E: Now that I think about it, a regex field would work as well...

Still not sure which we'll end up with, but organizing the list is a high priority atm.

Ahh, ok, let me know what you need so I can help (not much on the techy side, but I can come up with numbers and data that you might be missing).

Minimum levels are T-8s for weapon/armor (mostly worth a speed or less) and T-4 for abilities. On the other hand, only the Superior Ring of Defense has some value to it within the same tier.

Although I'm not too fond of seeing staff and some daggers being too high in value as opposed to other items, though I am hoping that the classes will balance out eventually to allow more variety in the demands. (such as melee's getting more love via the vit buff upgrade and the upcoming update that would give some nice stuffs to tricksters.)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:16:29 AM by Darth_Sirov »

D8ms

• Oriental
    • saigyouji.net
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2012, 06:32:02 AM »
Ahh, ok, let me know what you need so I can help (not much on the techy side, but I can come up with numbers and data that you might be missing).

Minimum levels are T-8s for weapon/armor (mostly worth a speed or less) and T-4 for abilities. On the other hand, only the Superior Ring of Defense has some value to it within the same tier.

Although I'm not too fond of seeing staff and some daggers being too high in value as opposed to other items, though I am hoping that the classes will balance out eventually to allow more variety in the demands. (such as melee's getting more love via the vit buff upgrade and the upcoming update that would give some nice stuffs to tricksters.)

While both of us play the game, none of us ever got really far so our knowledge of trading on the higher tiers are close to non-existent. To figure out what items were commonly traded, I used http://blackrabbit2999.blogspot.com/2012/04/rotmg-price-guide.html as a reference. If I missed anything else, it would be really helpful to let me know  :D

We got the technical side covered, though today and tomorrow will be rather busy, so the whole db won't get an upgrade of any sort till around Wednesday. Hopefully players will find this as an easier alternative than spamming in the nexus

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2012, 09:30:31 AM »
Try this:

https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/100708

Probably the most updated of all price guides.

D8ms

• Oriental
    • saigyouji.net
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »
Looks like all I'm missing are stuff from build 122.3 then, thanks!

Edit: oh, quick question do you think it would be useful at all to include the two basic hp and mp pots? I see them being traded because they're useful, but I'm not sure if they're being traded for anything of actual value
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:47:28 AM by D8ms »

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
I'm not so sure, most of the time it's as you said, just to get quick hp/mp pots. I do that as well. Might be best if you leave that out as it's not a serious trade value.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2012, 08:33:28 PM »
People sell t8 gear for hp/mp pots. I do it myself when it's almost time for Oryx.

Though what do you think would make for a good upper limit? I've never gotten to the point where I would trade for that sort of stuff

Maybe 32 or some other number around that would work. You could get any item you want with 30+ life with the exception of duck staves, chicken legs, and valentines (fireworks?).

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 03:58:23 PM »
Though as you have said, a quicky trade to get hp/mp pots during Oryx... hence it's not something you'd want people to wait for.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2012, 01:56:06 AM »
Just got to love rushing the last half of the castle with a Necro. It makes Oryx a bit less boring :)

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2012, 05:43:49 AM »
On an off-note, which touhou characters do you think fit which classes?

D8ms

• Oriental
    • saigyouji.net
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2012, 04:38:24 PM »
There isn't much to go off of, but I guess...

Warrior - Momiji
Archer - Eirin
Necromancer - Orin
Trickster - Daiyousei
Rogue - Koishi
Mystic - Reimu
Priest - Byakuren
Assassin - Sakuya

On another note, aside from the structuring of the droplist (that'll come as soon as I learn some jquery), the core mechanisms are done and are about to be pushed to live. The site should look much better, and if nothing goes wrong with the push, is suitable for usage methinks.

Edit: Success http://rotmgtrade.herokuapp.com is a go!

Edit2: https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/114107
now to catch up on sleep.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 05:12:51 PM by D8ms »

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2012, 05:25:49 PM »
Looks cleaner, but still kind of cluttered if I am looking for a specific item which I might not be able to see at 1st glance.

Alphabetical may seem like a reasonable choice, but will make it more confusing. At least your organization is within the tiers and item types, so that should be fine at least. Wonder how the forumers see this? Will check it there in a few hrs and see what they think.

Also, I'm thinking more of Sakuya when it comes to Tricksters (Teleports), and Medicine for Assassin (Poison). Mystic is kind of a mix between Reimu or Yukari, while Knights may suit Momoji more. Somehow I feel like I want to make a pixel version of them, but I'm bad at designing.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 05:27:56 PM by Darth_Sirov »

D8ms

• Oriental
    • saigyouji.net
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »
Looks cleaner, but still kind of cluttered if I am looking for a specific item which I might not be able to see at 1st glance.

Alphabetical may seem like a reasonable choice, but will make it more confusing. At least your organization is within the tiers and item types, so that should be fine at least. Wonder how the forumers see this? Will check it there in a few hrs and see what they think.

Yeah.. I was just pressing keys to filter through what I want, i.e. pressing s till I get Staff of Horror highlighted. Anyway, I'll check up on it later as well.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2012, 05:35:31 PM »
I just found out that there's a RotMG site that has a buy/sell system as well.

http://hub.realmtools.com/

if you press the button on the top left, it will slide and show the trade post window.