Author Topic: Vpatch help: Is < 60 FPS possible?  (Read 1674 times)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Vpatch help: Is < 60 FPS possible?
« on: May 09, 2012, 07:48:11 AM »
I've seen Fast Fanatic's 90 FPS runs on Youtube, so I've been thinking...What if you could run the game at less than 60 FPS? I thought it'd be a cool thing to try, but I've been having some difficulty in trying to get this to work properly. I can get 90 FPS in PCB and UFO, but when I try to run the games at less than 60, there's no change. Is it even possible to run at less than 60 FPS? (without inducing lag or toggling slow mode, of course) I'd really like an answer to this so I can put my mind at ease.

Zil

Re: Vpatch help: Is < 60 FPS possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:55:17 AM »
I don't think it's possible with VPatch. I know you can use fraps to do it though, and perhaps cheat engine.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 07:20:14 AM »
Use Cheat Engine.  Speedhack.
That exists? I know of Cheat Engine, but I didn't know you could speedhack the game (aside from Rank in EoSD). Can you link me to the codes and stuff?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:28:01 AM »
That exists? I know of Cheat Engine, but I didn't know you could speedhack the game (aside from Rank in EoSD). Can you link me to the codes and stuff?
There's a speedhack slider to the right side of the program.  Set it to .5 for 30 FPS, scale accordingly.
No codes required.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 07:40:52 AM »
Well dang. That would have made things a lot easier. I'll try it later. :D Thanks!

EDIT: OMG WHY WAS I NOT AWARE OF THIS. Thank you, NoName, for helping me rediscover cheat engine. ^_^