Author Topic: What do you play your Toehoes with?  (Read 19122 times)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Re: What do you play your Toehoes with?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 12:54:10 AM »

HORI PAD EX2 Turbo.
One of the best d-pads on the market.

I am so fucking jealous right now. Not as badly as when I saw the vertical screen with an arcade stick, but still pretty fucking jealous.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Jx31

• Hot Garbage
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 01:49:04 AM »
I used to play with Keyboard but switched to  arcade stick in desperation when I got fed up with accidentally running into bullets in SA 1CC hard mode attempts  :V.

The switch worked wonders to say the least  :).

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 02:18:01 AM »
A wireless keyboard that has an annoying ghosting of not detecting Shift+Z+Right :ohdear:
Therefore, I have to remap it when I play the games (A<->Z, S<->X, D<->C)
Also did I mention that the sizes of up and down arrow keys are half of that of left/right?
Yeah, that means vertical movement is a bit tricky to do.
As a side note, there isn't even "light" indicating enabling/disabling of cap lock  :(
Spoiler:
So it is reasonable for me to suck at touhou!

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 03:15:24 AM »
Laptop... Though I should think about using joysticks if I'm to return to intensive Touhou playing.
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 03:20:49 AM »
Laptop keyboard.  I'd set everything to a controller (and in fact have one that my dad gave me since he wasn't using it and I needed it to make talking into my mic for a Let's Play easier) but eh...too lazy.

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 05:42:36 AM »
A regular keyboard and my 25" True HD monitor.  Aw yeah, now those giant pixels have pixels inside their pixels!

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2012, 06:21:14 AM »
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 07:17:33 AM »
Xbox 360 controller. Surprisingly the hand movements necessary for FPSes translate pretty well to top-down shmups for me, so it was a natural choice.

Also, I'm new. Hi! :]

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 09:06:06 AM »
This one http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rrab
Laptop keyboard had so many issues it wasn't even funny (did my first few normal 1ccs with that).

Thinking is hard.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »
I'm going to see if I can get Jaimers' fancy controller when I get the money. Exactly how much did it cost?
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Chante The Fairy

• Level 95 ☆ Greater Fairy ☆
  • We are (Fairy) Legion
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 12:52:28 PM »
Keyboard. The problem is that I can't move diagonally when I'm pressing "z", so i remapped it to "c", Fairy Wars style.
On the other hand, during Fairy Wars, I tend to forget I can't press "z" with 2 other directional keys, so I end up crashing into a bullet either by moving vertically or horizontally straight into it because I'm holding on to "z" to charge.

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »

and...
a shitty keyboard which its numpad and arrows are already broken. Presses ok but has very low durability.

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2012, 03:40:36 PM »

Logitech deluxe 250

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012, 03:44:10 PM »
Before : slim keyboard
Now : bufftech joypad with analog

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2012, 10:51:06 PM »
I use a terrible keyboard with flat buttons that slides across the desk on its right side as I press "up" on my keyboard. It's very annoying and it screws me over in high tension situations >.<. Still, I couldn't imagine playing touhou without arrow keys and the "z" and "x" buttons, it's just my style of PC gaming.

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2012, 01:22:13 PM »
QPAD MK-85.

I got tired of my laptop's keyboard locking up, saw this in the store window and thought "Sure, why not?"

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2012, 03:23:53 PM »
Just a good old Logitech keyboard.

Logitech Internet 350

QPAD MK-85.

I got tired of my laptop's keyboard locking up, saw this in the store window and thought "Sure, why not?"

HOT DAMN :o
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »
I have a Playstation 3 controller set up with MotioninJoy. Getting the bluetooth drivers to play nice was a pain in the ass (I think I had to remove MiJ's in order to get my mouse to work again), but having a working d-pad, joystick and a full compliment of buttons is a whole lot better than using the keyboard in my experience.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »
Laptop... Though I should think about using joysticks if I'm to return to intensive Touhou playing.

After some thought, I decided to have a go at it. Just started playing with controllers instead of using my derpy laptop keyboards.
Now I've the impression that I suck more with controllers than with keyboards. Maybe it'll take some time for me to get used to it.
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »
My hands.

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 02:13:06 PM »
Another logitech keyboard user here, but I want to try out using a controller so I'll get one of those sooner or later.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »
I use a very complex item to play any of the Touhous, bullet-hells, of course. I use a keyboard for the fighting games.

So as you can see, it's a very very complex and expensive item. To move left and right, you turn the bar in the circle slowly. The faster you turn the faster you move. To move up and down, you hold the button on the top of the circle, and move the bar. Of course when you use this item, it's programmed to have your touhou constantly shooting, so pacifist runs won't work if you use this. To use a bomb, you tap the button that you hold to enable up-down movement.

Menu and all the other stuff is accessed from the buttons under the circle.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:40:43 PM by [Y]oukai [J]esus »

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.