Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: Hello Purvis on August 30, 2018, 10:15:35 pm

Title: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 30, 2018, 10:15:35 pm
(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311702180945985547/460912484706942976/murasaquest.png)

>YOU ARE MINAMITSU MURASA! Everyone’s favorite nautical disaster!
>You are, to put it bluntly, dead. You’ve been that way most of your life, really and are used to it. In particular, you died at sea, and spent a good long time haunting and sinking ships. But that was a long time ago and you don’t do that sort of thing anymore. Not in any sense that counts… These days, you inhabit the Myouren Temple, doing your best to adhere to its brand of buddhism. You aren’t the best monk, to be honest, but you do your best and that earns you praise enough. Realistically, you tend to do various jobs around the temple, or sometimes work in the clinic in Former Hell. Other times to you wander about, sometimes inviting yourself to drop in the various manors in Gensokyo when they’ll have you.
>Today began like any other day, but you’ve been feeling...strange. As a ghost, there’s some things that just bother you. You do not like the direction north, you try not to sit facing that way, you don’t like having to walk further north than the temple. Higan is that way, and you are not ready. Funerals and such fascinate you, and you can’t say why, so too do ghost stories. It’s not uncommon for you to be drawn toward a little get-together on summer nights and scare the people there. And there’s boats...best not to think about those. You make model ones, sometimes... But today...today is different. There’s something in the air, something that sinks down to your bones… It’s set your teeth on edge.
>Currently, you are in front of the Myouren Temple. You had hoped stepping outside would change things, but no. You still feel it. Kyouko is currently sweeping up the front path, and you can see that Shou is trying to adjust one of the new buddha statues that has come in. There’s no one but temple residents around, which is normal for mid morning. To the south and east lies the whole of human town, bustling away. Though in the immediate area, it is rather quiet, the only person you can see is a middle-aged woman gathering water from the well outside the temple gates. To the north are fields and farms, and a lone road leading outward. Obvious Exits are South, East, West, and North.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2018, 01:11:32 am
> How have we been "dead for most of our life"? <_<
> Skills
> Inventory
> Relationships, including all fellow members of our Temple as well as Nue and Mamizou
> Opinion of Soga no Tojiko

> Have we ever had the willies like this before? If so, what were they about?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 01:49:02 am
> How have we been "dead for most of our life"? <_<
> Skills
> Inventory
> Relationships, including all fellow members of our Temple as well as Nue and Mamizou
> Opinion of Soga no Tojiko

> Have we ever had the willies like this before? If so, what were they about?

>You died a young woman, hundreds of years ago. As such, dead most of your life.
>Your Skills are
>Sailing!
>You can sail like a pro. Not that you get much chance to use this. You were even a dab hand at the the flying arc! Before Hijiri grounded it to make the Myouren Temple.
>Buddhist Understanding
>You may not be the best buddhist in the world, but you do have a fairly good understanding of buddhist scriptures and practices, and in particular how they entwine with local beliefs.
>Sutracraft
>You can chant sutras a pretty well. They never seem to do much for you, but it can be terrible calming.
>First Aiding
>You are very proficient at first aid due to your work with the Underground clinic. Also you know a lot of hangover cures.
>Whittlemastery
>You are a very very accomplished whittler. You've made a variety of model ships!
>Swimming
>You've learned to be very good at it.
>Your inventory contains
>Nautical hat!
>It is jaunty!
>Nautical blouse
>Fit for a captain, thus fit for you.
>Nautical Dress
>It completes your outfit. You have shorts that look a lot like them, too.
>Black shoes.
>These have a bit of a ship's deck cobbled into the soles, so you can be more comfortable on land.
>Bottomless Dipper
>This dipper has no bottom. When you just can't resist the urge to flood a ship, this is will buy some time.
>Anchor
>It's not that heavy; they stop ships by grabbing onto the bottom. If they did it by weight, they'd sink the ship!
>Spellcard:  Capsize "Dragging Anchor"
>Toss an anchor, leave a trail of water.
>Drowning Sign "Deep Vortex"
>Water droplet danmaku swirls around your opponent
>Harbor Sign "Phantom Ship Harbor"
>Lots of anchors!
>Phantom "Dipper Creeping Close"
>You embrace your ghostly aspect with this survival card.
>You are well acquainted and on good terms with every member of the Myouren Temple. Hijiri is someone you respect deeply. Shou is someone you should respect deeply, but she is just too relaxed, and is a good friend. Ichirin is something of a partner in crime, so to speak, both of you are first lines of defense for the temple. Nue is a barrel of laughs. Kyouko is so earnest you feel the need to try to be a good example for her. Mamizou is...shifty. Up to something. But she's your shifty and up to something.
>Tojiko is...well, she's a pain. Sharp-tongued, and always on her master's side. You can't blame her, though, she usually doesn't start trouble, compared to the others.  But there are times when you'd really like to whack her with an anchor. And there are times when maybe she's alright.
>Not like this, no. You've had your share of worries, willies, and jibblies, and this is new.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2018, 01:58:51 am
> What about Nazrin?
> We don't feel any particular sort of ghost kinship with Tojiko at all, do we?
> What's Morichika been up to these days?
> Are we particularly familiar with anyone outside of the village, excepting Toyosatomimi and her entourage?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 02:09:10 am
> What about Nazrin?
> We don't feel any particular sort of ghost kinship with Tojiko at all, do we?
> What's Morichika been up to these days?
> Are we particularly familiar with anyone outside of the village, excepting Toyosatomimi and her entourage?

>Nazrin is a good person, if a bit too cynical for her own good. You used to be that way.
>You've never really thought about it like that. Huh.
>He has been doing pretty well. There's been talk of him and Nazrin working together in Kourindou.
>You're pretty familiar with a lot of people. You get on well with Eientei; you hid there some years ago when late fall felt like the worst of summer. You've visited the Scarlet Devil Mansion plenty of times when they have public events. You're on speaking terms with the people at the Palace of the Earth Spirits. Sometimes you drop in on those outsider kids. and in general, you are decently known around the village.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2018, 02:27:38 am
Just for everyone's information, I will be camping this holiday weekend and will have extremely limited access from Friday night to Monday mid-day. As such, I am intentionally not doing a whole lot to begin here, because I don't want to set this game on a meaningful path and then immediately disappear while everyone assumes I've taken the game over. If you ever wanted to get multiple days in a row with one of these without me around to muck everything up, now's your opportunity!

> Is our ghostly status and Tojiko's ghostly status something worth trying to bond with her over, even in the most minimal of senses? Or is it no more than a coincidence, where neither of us is suddenly equipped to make the other's existence better?
> How has the Temple taken to that sworn statement thing the mansion maid brought?
> Did we ever find out why our name wasn't on it?
> How's that jeweler kid doing?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on August 31, 2018, 02:31:20 am
> What do we have that's special specifically due to being a ghost? Can we walk through walls? Disappear? Fly?
> How limited are we in the aforementioned?
> Compare our self to other types of ghosts.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 02:41:19 am
> Is our ghostly status and Tojiko's ghostly status something worth trying to bond with her over, even in the most minimal of senses? Or is it no more than a coincidence, where neither of us is suddenly equipped to make the other's existence better?
> How has the Temple taken to that sworn statement thing the mansion maid brought?
> Did we ever find out why our name wasn't on it?
> How's that jeweler kid doing?

>You never really thought about it, to be honest. Maybe...you could?
>Frankly, you think it's a fake. But, the sentiment isn't a bad one? Hijiri seemed to be touched with it, at least. Honestly, the Taoists haven't been that much of a problem lately, maybe that's why you're even thinking about that darned zap ghost like this?
>Clearly because no forged signature of yours would be believable!
>She's fine, as far as you know. You don't go shopping for jewelry, not even you are that bad at being a monk! But you see her skulking about sometimes.

> What do we have that's special specifically due to being a ghost? Can we walk through walls? Disappear? Fly?
> How limited are we in the aforementioned?
> Compare our self to other types of ghosts.

>You can't walk through walls, but you can kind of disappear. And you know how to fly.
>You're a fair flyer. As far as disappearing, you can go kind of translucent, and not exactly intangible. It's like you're made of foggy goo. It's not fun to do, honestly.
>You can't speak for every kind of ghost, but you are unique in that left to your own designs, before Hijiri found you, you would roam the seas, looking for ships to sink. This is because you died in a shipwreck, which you do not like to think about. You kind of have an obsession with making things vanish under the water; you don't tell the others, but when you take baths, you like to bring in model ships and sink them. If you met someone drowning...you might have to fight the urge to just watch rather than help them... You don't like thinking about that situation.

>_

Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: meow56 on August 31, 2018, 02:44:22 am
>Presumably being a good sailor means we're also good at tying knots?
>Can we still drown?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 02:49:05 am
>Presumably being a good sailor means we're also good at tying knots?
>Can we still drown?

>You tie some very fine knots!
>No. You can go under water just fine. Sometimes, though, staying there too long puts you in a melancholy mood, so you don't tend to do it a lot.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: meow56 on August 31, 2018, 02:59:31 am
>What kind of sailing tools have we used? (astrolabe, sextant, etc.)
>Relatedly, how's our sense of direction?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 03:07:47 am
>What kind of sailing tools have we used? (astrolabe, sextant, etc.)
>Relatedly, how's our sense of direction?

>You haven't actually used navigation tools; you sailed mostly around the coasts. But, you're very skilled as using the stars to navigate.
>You always know which way is north.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2018, 03:08:22 am
> Quests
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on August 31, 2018, 03:15:22 am
> Of the people we know, who would we consider talking of this feeling with? Even just a little.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 03:26:48 am
> Quests

>When I Get This Feeling...
>Something feels wrong, you don't know what. But it's setting your teeth on edge.

> Of the people we know, who would we consider talking of this feeling with? Even just a little.

>You would like to think you could trust anyone who is with the Myouren Temple, even Nue. Maybe not Mamizou, but probably Mamizou. You might consider a shrine maiden as well? Or maybe Marisa, she's not bad...

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on August 31, 2018, 03:30:58 am
> Chat up with Shou. Greet her briefly and hope she's not too busy for at least that.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2018, 03:34:15 am
> Add Quest: Kindred Spirits, about pursuing the possibility of an improved acquaintanceship with Soga no Tojiko. We don't need to be besties, or lovers, or anything like that! That'd be weird! But it would be nice to have someone we can go to and commiserate with about ghostly matters.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on August 31, 2018, 04:01:23 am
> Opinion of the Prismriver Sisters, Youmu, and Yuyuko, if we know of them.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 04:36:03 am
> Chat up with Shou. Greet her briefly and hope she's not too busy for at least that.

>"Hello, Murasa!" she says, as she shifts the statue. She then steps back and purses her lips. "Hm, no... maybe a little further left... What're you up to, today?"

> Add Quest: Kindred Spirits, about pursuing the possibility of an improved acquaintanceship with Soga no Tojiko. We don't need to be besties, or lovers, or anything like that! That'd be weird! But it would be nice to have someone we can go to and commiserate with about ghostly matters.

>You know what? You're going to do your best to try and make friends with one of those lousy Taoists! You are going to make Hijiri proud!

> Opinion of the Prismriver Sisters, Youmu, and Yuyuko, if we know of them.

>The Prismrivers are kind of flightly, but they're good musicians.
>Youmu is a pretty earnest person, but you don't see her much.
>You've seen Yuyuko when she put on a play awhile back. She seems...troublesome, but not necessarily bad.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on August 31, 2018, 04:38:56 am
> "Nothing just yet. Have you had any sort of, well, tickle, lately?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 04:43:57 am
> "Nothing just yet. Have you had any sort of, well, tickle, lately?"

>"Don't tickle me when I'm trying to adjust this statue!" she says, giving you a startled look as she pauses from reaching toward it.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on August 31, 2018, 04:50:41 am
> "Ah, no I wasn't proposing such. Just wondering if you felt anything weird."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 05:05:23 am
> "Ah, no I wasn't proposing such. Just wondering if you felt anything weird."

>"Oh, sorry, you look like so much like Nue," she says with a wink.
>"No, I can't say I've felt anything particularly strange."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on August 31, 2018, 05:54:18 am
> Does the feeling feel any stronger now that we're near Shou?
> "Hmm..."
> Examine the statue (and if it could do with being a bit more to the left...)
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 06:29:01 am
> Does the feeling feel any stronger now that we're near Shou?
> "Hmm..."
> Examine the statue (and if it could do with being a bit more to the left...)

>There is no change in the feeling.
>Looking over the statue, you honestly think Shou is being fussy. But, maybe an half inch to the left would be good?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on August 31, 2018, 01:44:52 pm
>What would happen if we were to take physical damage? Can we be wounded?
>"Yarr, blow me down I've been feeling like I've lost my sea legs lately."
>"Today I've had this weird feeling that I just can't shake. It feels like something's.... wrong. But I don't know how or why."
>Frown and look pensive.

Edit:
>What part of the world do we originate from?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 06:16:34 pm
>What would happen if we were to take physical damage? Can we be wounded?
>"Yarr, blow me down I've been feeling like I've lost my sea legs lately."
>"Today I've had this weird feeling that I just can't shake. It feels like something's.... wrong. But I don't know how or why."
>Frown and look pensive.
>What part of the world do we originate from?

>You can be hurt, you are rooted enough in the world for that.
>Don't make me shiver those timbers, hun," Shou says sweetly, then cracks her knuckles.
>"Are you okay?" Shou says, looking away from the statue and frowning a little. "You're not just coming down with a case of the blues, are you?"
>Shou puts a hand on your shoulder.
>You come from the Akita region.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on August 31, 2018, 07:36:23 pm
>Try to adopt a less serious manner.
>"I'm sure it's nothing important. Maybe Byakuren has some idea what's going on."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 08:37:55 pm
>Try to adopt a less serious manner.
>"I'm sure it's nothing important. Maybe Byakuren has some idea what's going on."

>Shou gives your shoulder a friendly squeeze. "She might. Maybe you've just been cooped up around the shrine too long?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on August 31, 2018, 09:08:05 pm
>Are we prone to feeling down?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2018, 09:08:27 pm
> How did Nue take that statement thingy?
> Opinion of Yamame Kurodani
> Opinion of Koishi Komeiji
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 09:13:08 pm
>Are we prone to feeling down?

>You can have your moments, when your ghostly nature really gets to you. But usually you're fairly down to earth, at least. This is definitely different.

> How did Nue take that statement thingy?
> Opinion of Yamame Kurodani
> Opinion of Koishi Komeiji

>She thought it was a funny joke being played by Scarlet Devil Mansion. Then again, Nue distrusts the Taoists more than most. Though even she's calmed down noticably on them over the years.
>You've only met her a few times. She's, frankly, kind of weird. Not a bad person, though, just sketchy.
>You've not really interacted with Koishi. You've heard of her, though. She seems like she would be tiresome, but who knows?

>_

Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on August 31, 2018, 09:18:38 pm
> "Maybe taking a walk would do a bit of good..."
> Glance to the statue.
> "It could do with being a smidge over to the left."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2018, 09:19:19 pm
> Are we presently assigned any temple tasks that need doing?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on August 31, 2018, 09:24:51 pm
>Do we know where Byakuren is or would be at this time?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on August 31, 2018, 09:42:47 pm
> "Maybe taking a walk would do a bit of good..."
> Glance to the statue.
> "It could do with being a smidge over to the left."

>"I thought so!" she says.

> Are we presently assigned any temple tasks that need doing?

>You are currently free.

>Do we know where Byakuren is or would be at this time?

>She is inside the temple, meditating in a private room.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on August 31, 2018, 09:53:01 pm
>Is it polite to leave her uninterrupted when she's meditating?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: the old guy on August 31, 2018, 10:49:34 pm
>Does Shou lose her Pagoda as much as the stupid fandom people claim she does? Or was it just that one time?
>How good are we at fighting? Both Danmaku and Hand-To-Hand.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 01, 2018, 12:17:26 am
>Is it polite to leave her uninterrupted when she's meditating?

>It is, but it is also acceptable to bother her if you need to.

>Does Shou lose her Pagoda as much as the stupid fandom people claim she does? Or was it just that one time?
>How good are we at fighting? Both Danmaku and Hand-To-Hand.
[/quote

>If she has lost it more than once, you don't know about it.
>You've actually not scrapped hand to hand in...a very long time. You can swing a mean anchor, so you assume you'd do alright. In terms of danmaku, you are confident. You're not the best, Shou can beat you, and you wouldn't like you chances against Hijiri or Miko. But you're confident in your skills.

>_
 
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: the old guy on September 01, 2018, 12:22:05 am
>How often do we actually kill people?
>How accurate was Akyuu's article on us?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 01, 2018, 12:27:44 am
>How often do we actually kill people?
>How accurate was Akyuu's article on us?

>Not for a long time! But...you do have a body count in the hundreds. You're not proud of it.
>Her article was mostly slander and spurious claims! You've never sunken a shinigami's boat! You'd never go that far north!
>...You might've sunken a fishing boat once, though... You thought it was abandoned! It was fair game! ...You really hope no one finds out about it...Especially not Hijiri.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: the old guy on September 01, 2018, 12:34:45 am
>Oh dear. Did whoever was on that boat life or die?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 01, 2018, 01:00:51 am
>Oh dear. Did whoever was on that boat life or die?

>No one was in that boat, you thought it was abandoned!

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: the old guy on September 01, 2018, 01:09:13 am
>Take a closer look at the statue, what does it look like?
>Any possible love interests?
>Have we met that Mermaid by the misty lake?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 01, 2018, 03:36:42 am
>Take a closer look at the statue, what does it look like?
>Any possible love interests?
>Have we met that Mermaid by the misty lake?

>It is a wooden statue of a serene Buddha, quite recently carved.
>Oh heavens there's so many-no don't worry about that! But there's-no! ...Girls...cute...
>You have not, apparently she is a newish arrival. You have been kind of avoiding the lake since you heard of her. What if she knows about you...?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: the old guy on September 01, 2018, 03:56:11 am
>Maybe we should show her we aren't what she thinks we are?
>"Looks safe to me, Tiger."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 01, 2018, 04:10:39 am
>Maybe we should show her we aren't what she thinks we are?
>"Looks safe to me, Tiger."

>Maybe...But what if she knows? But maybe she doesn't?
>"What're you talking about?" she says. "Of course it's safe, it's a statue."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 01, 2018, 06:47:50 am
>Have we heard of a sailor known as Popeye?
>What do the residents of the human village think of us and vice versa?
>Do we have any friends outside the temple?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 01, 2018, 08:07:23 am
>Have we heard of a sailor known as Popeye?
>What do the residents of the human village think of us and vice versa?
>Do we have any friends outside the temple?

>You don't know any sailors with pop eye
>You think the humans are a good bunch in general. Maybe a bit greedy or foolish from time to time, but who isn't? They are polite to you. You think they tend to pretend you aren't a youkai.
>No one particularly close, but there's a number of people you drop in on that you are on good terms with,

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 01, 2018, 08:17:26 am
>Are there any ghosts that we know of that haunt the nearby graveyard?
>How long does Byakuren normally meditate for? In particular when would we expect her to be free?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 01, 2018, 08:20:57 am
>Are there any ghosts that we know of that haunt the nearby graveyard?
>How long does Byakuren normally meditate for? In particular when would we expect her to be free?

>There are, but they are fairly basic wisps, lacking enough personality to really have a conversation.
>She can take ages. But you expect she'll be out by lunch time.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 01, 2018, 09:57:48 am
>"Hopefully Byakuren forgives me for disturbing her."
>Wave goodbye to Shou and enter the temple, heading toward where we think Byakuren  is.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 01, 2018, 05:24:03 pm
>"Hopefully Byakuren forgives me for disturbing her."
>Wave goodbye to Shou and enter the temple, heading toward where we think Byakuren  is.

>"I can't imagine that she would, if it is bothering you that much," says Shou.
>You head into the temple, taking a side hall to go around the main altar room, after slipping off your shoes. As you make your way toward the meditation rooms, you footsteps are starting to feel curiously heavy, and you can feel pressure against your ears. It almost feels like you kind of drunk, despite being sober...

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: the old guy on September 01, 2018, 05:47:50 pm
>Try to take one deep breath, does it help?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 01, 2018, 09:19:18 pm
>Try to take one deep breath, does it help?

>You take a deep breath. The air is so thick, like water. It does hurt, you're well used to water, but...
>The air resists your movements, you're practically swimming through it! You can feel seaweed against your legs; looking down you can see it, growing from the dirt! How...?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on September 01, 2018, 10:03:52 pm
>What?!
>Examine surroundings
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 01, 2018, 11:29:27 pm
>What?!
>Examine surroundings

>You look around. All around you is water, looking upward, you cannot see the surface. You stand in the middle of a sandy seabed, covered with waving plant fronds.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 02, 2018, 01:53:44 am
>Can we swim upwards?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 02:15:18 am
>Can we swim upwards?

>Nothing seems to be stopping you from trying...

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 02, 2018, 05:43:37 am
>Swim toward the surface.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 06:10:48 am
>Swim toward the surface.

>You swim upward. Higher and higher, but you cannot see anything that looks like the surface of the water.
>Suddenly everything is dry and bright. You see the blue sky above you, slightly cloudy. The air has the coolness of mid autumn, and you can hear the sounds of human town around you distantly. Looking around, you see to be on the roof of the Myouren Temple. There's Shou, adjusting that statue, and further away is Kyouko, who seems to be shouldering her broom.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 02, 2018, 06:13:47 am
> Is that feeling still present?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 06:21:36 am
> Is that feeling still present?

>Yes.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 02, 2018, 06:54:36 am
> Are we still barefoot?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 02, 2018, 07:28:51 am
>Explore the roof. Is there an entrance from the roof directly back into the temple?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 07:35:00 am
> Are we still barefoot?

>No, but you do have your house slippers on. You would really like to get your shoes back before you leave...

>Explore the roof. Is there an entrance from the roof directly back into the temple?

>The roof is just that, a roof. It used to be the deck of the Palanquin Ship, until a roof was built over the whole thing.  There isn't a way down directly; no one saw the need for trap doors when most people can just float down to the ground again.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 02, 2018, 08:31:18 am
>Fly down to the entrance and head once more to where Byakuren is, hurrying this time.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 08:42:13 am
>Fly down to the entrance and head once more to where Byakuren is, hurrying this time.

>You fly back inside. getting a curious look from Shou, and hurry around to the meditation rooms. Normally you shouldn't rush about the shrine like this, but you don't feel particularly guilty right now!
>You make there, a row of a dozen or little rooms, about the size of a decent closet. All but one have their doors hanging opening.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 02, 2018, 09:25:00 am
>Knock lightly on the closed door.
>"I'm sorry to interrupt Byakuren, but I need to talk to you."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 05:54:34 pm
>Knock lightly on the closed door.
>"I'm sorry to interrupt Byakuren, but I need to talk to you."

>"Come on in," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 02, 2018, 06:02:45 pm
>Enter the room.
>"Has anything... strange happened in the temple recently?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 06:29:53 pm
>Enter the room.
>"Has anything... strange happened in the temple recently?"

>You walk into the meditation room. It is, as mentioned, about the size of a large closet. And byakuren, being Byakuren, occupies most of it, just barely having space to take a proper position. She frowns slightly as you speak. "No, not that I know of," she says. "Why do you ask, Minamitsu?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on September 02, 2018, 06:41:58 pm
>"I've had this terrible feeling today. Then, when I was walking through the temple... suddenly, it was gone, and I was underwater, with seaweed around my legs! I swam up... and just as suddenly, the water was gone, but now I was on the roof of the temple."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 07:11:04 pm
>"I've had this terrible feeling today. Then, when I was walking through the temple... suddenly, it was gone, and I was underwater, with seaweed around my legs! I swam up... and just as suddenly, the water was gone, but now I was on the roof of the temple."

>Byakuren's concerned frown deepens. "Oh my... Are you alright?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 02, 2018, 07:18:50 pm
>"I'm not hurt if that's what you mean. But something's not right... and it's got me worried."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 02, 2018, 07:21:31 pm
>"Has anyone else mentioned anything happening to them, or is it just me?"
>To doublecheck: we entered the temple through the same path both times (when we were submerged and when we reached Byakuren), correct?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 07:39:13 pm
>"I'm not hurt if that's what you mean. But something's not right... and it's got me worried."

>"Good, I was worried for a moment," she says, her frown relaxing just a little before she lets you continue.

>"Has anyone else mentioned anything happening to them, or is it just me?"
>To doublecheck: we entered the temple through the same path both times (when we were submerged and when we reached Byakuren), correct?

>"No one else has mentioned anything like this to me," Byakuren says.
>You took the same path both times. In retrospect that might have been unwise, but you were in a hurry, and nothing bad happened in the end...
>"Hmm, Minamitsu, let me take a closer look at you," she says, as she leans forward, and reaches toward you.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 02, 2018, 07:41:40 pm
>"Yes, Hijiri."
>Maybe an outside perspective can see something we can't see ourselves.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 07:57:47 pm
>"Yes, Hijiri."
>Maybe an outside perspective can see something we can't see ourselves.

>She leans forward and runs her big fingers through your hair.
>"Hmm. Your hair seems to have just a bit more curl to it," she says. "As if you had gotten out of the bath, but somehow dried it instantly."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on September 02, 2018, 08:44:27 pm
>"...it's like I was really there, somehow. It's not as though I could have just floated through the ceiling to reach the roof normally, either."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 08:47:37 pm
>"...it's like I was really there, somehow. It's not as though I could have just floated through the ceiling to reach the roof normally, either."

>"How very strange," says Byakuren, as she draws back out of your personal space. "I don't think this is anything within my realm of expertise. Perhaps you fell through a hole in the barrier? Ah but no, I am sure miss Yakumo and others would be here if that were the case..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 02, 2018, 09:50:41 pm
>"Could we walk together, and see if it happens again?"
>If Byakuren agrees, walk throughout the temple with her. Do we suddenly end up underwater?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 02, 2018, 10:30:48 pm
>"Could we walk together, and see if it happens again?"
>If Byakuren agrees, walk throughout the temple with her. Do we suddenly end up underwater?

>She nods. "Of course, Minamitsu."
>Byakuren extras herself from the meditation room, and the two of you walk around the temple together. Nothing unusual seems to happen, particularly when you've reached the spot where it happened before. You still feel on edge like before, but nothing is happening.
>"I'm not finding anything unusual," she says, looking around idly. "Are you?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 03, 2018, 01:49:10 am
> "Not just yet, no... Just that weird feeling sticking with nothing to lead towards what it may be. Maybe I'll  try to get an eyewitness to see what happens from the outside next time..."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 03, 2018, 02:04:47 am
> "Not just yet, no... Just that weird feeling sticking with nothing to lead towards what it may be. Maybe I'll  try to get an eyewitness to see what happens from the outside next time..."

>"Was there anyone who might have seen it?" says Byakuren. "I don't think anyone was around here..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 03, 2018, 02:25:39 am
>"Shou was outside the temple, but I'm not sure she could have actually seen it..."
>Since we're in the exact spot, look closely at the floor, the ceiling, the walls, the everything. Does anything stand out as abnormal to us?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 03, 2018, 02:29:32 am
>"Shou was outside the temple, but I'm not sure she could have actually seen it..."
>Since we're in the exact spot, look closely at the floor, the ceiling, the walls, the everything. Does anything stand out as abnormal to us?

>"No, I doubt Shou would have seen anything," says Byakuren.
>Nothing seems odd or out of place at all.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 03, 2018, 02:31:10 am
>"...I don't think I'll be able to find out anything right now. I could use some fresh air - would you like to go outside with me?"
>Whatever she says, exit the temple and clear our head. Maybe that'll help give us some new ideas, or at least alternate ways to deal with our bad feeling.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 03, 2018, 03:28:32 am
>"...I don't think I'll be able to find out anything right now. I could use some fresh air - would you like to go outside with me?"
>Whatever she says, exit the temple and clear our head. Maybe that'll help give us some new ideas, or at least alternate ways to deal with our bad feeling.

>"Of course I'll come with you," Byakuren says.
>Heading outside, you see that Kyouko is gone; she probably went inside while you were speaking to Bykauren, and Shou is considering the statue again. She seems pleased. The air certainly doesn't hurt, but you still have that feeling.
>"Any better?" Byakuren says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 03, 2018, 04:07:58 am
>"Not really... the feeling's still there, and I don't know why."
>Go over and greet Shou to see why she's considering the statue so much.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 03, 2018, 04:17:14 am
>"Not really... the feeling's still there, and I don't know why."
>Go over and greet Shou to see why she's considering the statue so much.

>"Mmm, that's not good," says Byakuren.
>You make your way over to Shou. "Heya," she says. "Think I got it now."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 03, 2018, 08:32:41 am
> "That's good, at least. You're not gonna move the others are you?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 03, 2018, 09:28:43 am
> "That's good, at least. You're not gonna move the others are you?"

>"Nah," says Shou. "It was just getting this one to work with all the others, and the stuff behind it so it didn't look unbalanced.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 03, 2018, 03:11:53 pm
> Is that statue the one Mononobe kicked over?
> Are we normally capable of passing through walls?
> Has this sudden-drowning thing ever happened before?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 03, 2018, 07:06:15 pm
> Is that statue the one Mononobe kicked over?
> Are we normally capable of passing through walls?
> Has this sudden-drowning thing ever happened before?

>It is a new one.
>You cannot normally walk through walls.
>No. Otherwise it would be a lot less weird! And even then, you weren't exactly drowning, just suddenly underwater.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 03, 2018, 07:48:02 pm
>Admire the statue to be polite.
>Ask Shou if she knows where the rest of the temple crew are besides us, Byakuren, and Kyouko. Maybe we can seek out Nue or Mamizou, they feel like they'd know stuff about this kind of thing.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 03, 2018, 07:50:36 pm
>Do we nomally have duties around the temple?
>If we do: To Byakuren "Do you mind if I take some time off from my duties to work out what's going on?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 03, 2018, 08:12:31 pm
>Admire the statue to be polite.
>Ask Shou if she knows where the rest of the temple crew are besides us, Byakuren, and Kyouko. Maybe we can seek out Nue or Mamizou, they feel like they'd know stuff about this kind of thing.

>Honestly, it is a nicely made statue. And maybe Shou was being a little fussy about it, but the positioning is very nice.
>"The others?" Shou says. "Well, Ichirin is watching over the clinic Underground, and I imagine Nue's probably down there at her bar. Mamizou is probably off smoozing in town somewhere. And Nazrin, well, I dunno. I guess she's off doing Nazrin things?"

>Do we nomally have duties around the temple?
>If we do: To Byakuren "Do you mind if I take some time off from my duties to work out what's going on?"

>You do, but they are mostly cleaning and sometimes cooking. Today's not your day for the latter, and there's not much to clean right now, so your day is your own.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 03, 2018, 08:21:01 pm
>To Byakuren, but not in a way that cuts out Shou in case she wants to add anything:
>"Can you think of anyone else that might have some idea about what's going on with me?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 03, 2018, 09:17:03 pm
>Is it viable for us to just go Underground if we'd like, or would we run into trouble?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 03, 2018, 09:34:27 pm
>To Byakuren, but not in a way that cuts out Shou in case she wants to add anything:
>"Can you think of anyone else that might have some idea about what's going on with me?"

>Byakuren purses her lips. "I suppose you could visit one of the other magicians, they might know something?"
>"It's just some nerves, right?" says Shou. "Maybe if you did something that takes a lot of effort you'd burn them off?"

>Is it viable for us to just go Underground if we'd like, or would we run into trouble?

>The path is not guaranteed to be safe, but you're used to it and can get through it alright, as long as you watch out for that bucket dropper.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Mr. Sacchi on September 03, 2018, 10:50:53 pm
> Since we came through the temple and took the same path both times, we have passed through Shou both times, correct?
> Are there any other exits to the temple we could have gone through?
> Did we notice if our shoes were still where we left them?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 03, 2018, 11:03:36 pm
> Since we came through the temple and took the same path both times, we have passed through Shou both times, correct?
> Are there any other exits to the temple we could have gone through?
> Did we notice if our shoes were still where we left them?

>You did not. Shou has been outside the whole time.
>There is a back door in the kitchen.
>Your shoes were where you left them. You changed into them out of your house shoes when you came out with Byakuren, like a civilized person.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 04, 2018, 02:01:30 am
>Quickly detour into the kitchen back door and make sure entering there doesn't suddenly dunk us underwater.
>If it doesn't, tell Byakuren we're planning on going underground to talk to Ichirin and Nue.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 04, 2018, 02:11:29 am
>Quickly detour into the kitchen back door and make sure entering there doesn't suddenly dunk us underwater.
>If it doesn't, tell Byakuren we're planning on going underground to talk to Ichirin and Nue.

>You make your way around the temple and enter from the back. You make your way through, passing through the kitchen and down the same halls, until you reach the front entrance again; you feel a bit bad for walking through with your shoes, but there's nothing for it. Emerging again, where Byakuren is patiently waiting, you find nothing unusual.
>You should dialogue!

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 04, 2018, 02:14:58 am
>Oh, right.
>"Byakuren? I'm going underground. I want to talk to Nue and see if she knows anything about something like this. Should I take any messages for you to her or Ichirin?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 04, 2018, 02:31:21 am
>Oh, right.
>"Byakuren? I'm going underground. I want to talk to Nue and see if she knows anything about something like this. Should I take any messages for you to her or Ichirin?"

>"Hm, let her know we're having her favorite this weekend," says Byakuren. "But I shouldn't need anything."
>"So what's going on here?" says Shou.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 04, 2018, 03:06:38 am
>"Well..."
>Explain the basics to Shou. The weird feeling we've had all day, and the mysterious case where we were underwater, and then on the roof.
>"...So now I want to talk to Nue and see if she knows anything. Of everyone in the temple, she'd probably have the best ideas about something like this."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 04, 2018, 03:21:27 am
>"Well..."
>Explain the basics to Shou. The weird feeling we've had all day, and the mysterious case where we were underwater, and then on the roof.
>"...So now I want to talk to Nue and see if she knows anything. Of everyone in the temple, she'd probably have the best ideas about something like this."

>You summarize things for Shou. She nods along, her eyes widening and making exclamations as you talk about your underwater experience. "Oh my, are you okay?" she says. "...Wait, why do you think Nue would know anything?"
>She did gallivant around that other world with Mamizou, that one time," Byakuren says.
>"But so did Mamizou," Shou says. "Mmm, I guess they're both good candidates?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 04, 2018, 03:25:23 am
>"Pretty much. It's that, and she knows about making things appear differently. Maybe she'll have some idea of why everything felt different."
>"...You're right, though, Mamizou would also work. I'll definitely need to talk to the other one if the first doesn't have a clue. Do you think I should start with Mamizou, then?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 04, 2018, 04:05:14 am
>"Pretty much. It's that, and she knows about making things appear differently. Maybe she'll have some idea of why everything felt different."
>"...You're right, though, Mamizou would also work. I'll definitely need to talk to the other one if the first doesn't have a clue. Do you think I should start with Mamizou, then?"

>"She's probably closer than underground, at least," says Shou. "She only really leaves town to go bother the Hakurei Shrine."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 04, 2018, 05:56:22 am
>Known ghost experts?
>Knowk boat experts?
>Known boat ghost experts?
>Known ghost boat experts? Wait maybe this one isn't such a good idea.

>What are Mamizou's favourite haunts in town?
>"Yeah I guess I'll try her first. Thanks for the help."
>Wave goodbye and head towards the human village.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 04, 2018, 06:46:57 am
>Known ghost experts?
>Knowk boat experts?
>Known boat ghost experts?
>Known ghost boat experts? Wait maybe this one isn't such a good idea.

>What are Mamizou's favourite haunts in town?
>"Yeah I guess I'll try her first. Thanks for the help."
>Wave goodbye and head towards the human village.

>You aren't sure who are the ghost experts. You'd think the Shrine Maiden would be, but you imagine she probably doesn't know a lot. Eirin...might be? But it is probably out of her realm of expertise. Patchouli might, or at least be able to look up most answers. The Netherworld Princess and her attendant certainly would be, but...no, you are not going there. You aren't even going that far north, let alone THERE.
>You are probably the only boat expert in Gensokyo. Though Futo might know a thing or three. Boy, you'd love to sink THAT boat...
>Probably the same as ghost experts, including yourself.
>The idea of a ghost boat is terrifying and you don't want to think about it anymore.
>Mamizou likes to make rounds around the market, the tavern, the tea house, just about any restaurant in town, and Suzunann.
>"No problem," says Shou. "Um, try not to push yourself too hard."
>"Good luck!" Byakuren says.
>You leave the Temple behind, heading toward the village. Do you have a goal in mind, or just searching as you enter?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 04, 2018, 06:53:28 am
>Wander in the general direction of Suzunaan,  looking for Mamizou, while keeping an eye out for anything interesting
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 04, 2018, 07:41:36 am
>Wander in the general direction of Suzunaan,  looking for Mamizou, while keeping an eye out for anything interesting

>Suzunaan isn't too terribly far away. You head southward.
>The town quickly becomes dense and somewhat busy, as people bustle along the street between the stores here. Suzunaan is just to the east. You note that Shou's old clothing store is open; this place used to be your home before the temple was built, and a main source of funding. How curious, it's open! Near it is a lantern shop; you think you've heard it is being run by a woman named Sekibanki? You don't know the details. Further south, you can see the main intersection of town, where the school and the tavern lay. To the east are more stores, somewhat more offbeat ones such as a jewelry store and the Kirisame Charm Shop.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 04, 2018, 07:51:51 am
>Pop into Shou's shop to see what's up.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 04, 2018, 09:43:15 am
>Pop into Shou's shop to see what's up.

>You head into the store.
>Shou, being the one with money at the time, bought this place and decorated it to her liking. And her liking, as it turned out, is lots of tiger stripes. There are tiger striped rugs, tiger striped patterns on the paper screen walls, some bolts of tiger striped cloth for sale, and a rack of now deeply discounted clothes with tiger stripes; perhaps three have sold over the years? You tried to warn her, you really did. Much of the floor space is taken up by racks of clothing; some new, some second hand. More popular, however, as the bolts of cloth offered in a variety of colors along the walls. From what you can tell, the place does do a brisk business; you've not been directly involved in ages, to be honest. It's not that Shou doesn't trust you, it's that you're not someone to leave minding a shop...
>Sitting behind the counter is someone else that you didn't expect to see minding a shop anytime soon. You've grown used to Rinnosuke in the time he's spent at the temple, recovering from guilt over past misdeeds and bouts of deep depression. But given that minding a store lead to the former, you aren't sure if he should be here. Does Byakuren know? Does Shou?
>"Good morning, Captain," he says, his voice cheerful. "May I interest you in something new to wear?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 04, 2018, 01:55:36 pm
>"...Maybe? Do you have any suggestions?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 04, 2018, 04:38:53 pm
> Opinion of the store and "Shou's liking". Is it a fair sight or a bit sore on the eyes or otherwise?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 04, 2018, 06:14:44 pm
>"...Maybe? Do you have any suggestions?"

>He chuckles. "Perhaps a bit of blue to go with the green?"

> Opinion of the store and "Shou's liking". Is it a fair sight or a bit sore on the eyes or otherwise?

>It's a bit much, honestly.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: the old guy on September 05, 2018, 08:19:36 am
>Did Shou skin any tigers to make this place?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 05, 2018, 08:37:55 am
>Did Shou skin any tigers to make this place?

>You doubt it, it's all just dye work.
>"All kidding aside," Rinnosuke says, "What can I help you with?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 06, 2018, 03:20:39 am
> "You seen Mamizou around lately?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 06, 2018, 03:37:25 am
> "You seen Mamizou around lately?"

>"We chatted earlier," says Rinnosuke. "I believe that she was going to bother people at the rental library."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 06, 2018, 04:00:57 am
> "Thanks. How's business been?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 06, 2018, 04:08:52 am
> "Thanks. How's business been?"

>"Not bad," he says. "I managed to sell a blouse. It's...been awhile since I've been able to do something like that."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 06, 2018, 05:44:49 am
>"Well, as long as I'm here... could I buy some blue fabric? I might make a few tweaks to my outfit."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 06, 2018, 06:10:54 am
>"Well, as long as I'm here... could I buy some blue fabric? I might make a few tweaks to my outfit."

>"Certainly," he says. "It will be 4☼ per yard of silk."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 06, 2018, 06:45:59 am
> We've got no money right? Do we ever use any or work for any?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 06, 2018, 07:37:07 am
> We've got no money right? Do we ever use any or work for any?

>As a monk, you have no money.
>You are pretty sure you were paid when you were a sailor, at least. But you don't really need money these days, or when you do you ask if you can have some from the temple funds; since you tend to lead a frugal life. Or at least what you want, you can usually find.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 06, 2018, 01:53:38 pm
>"..."
>"Actually, I'll just come back later."
>Leave, feeling awkward.
>Time to forge a path to the rental library!
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 06, 2018, 06:45:27 pm
>"..."
>"Actually, I'll just come back later."
>Leave, feeling awkward.
>Time to forge a path to the rental library!

>"Of course," he says. "Nothing to worry about."
>You slink out, having forgotten you had even checked your pockets only a little while ago!
>The library is just down the road a little ways. It is an unassuming place, hardly distinguishable from other homes or shop fronts, with only a sign above the door to distinguish it, and a little turnip silk-stained into the curtains covering the entrance. Heading inside, you can see the walls are filled with books, some of them loud and gaudy and clearly foreign in nature, others quick mundane-looking, as well as the odd scattered scroll. The store is currently empty, save for the clerk, a young red-haired woman wearing little bells around her ponytails, and Mamizou, wearing her favorite human disguise.  The latter doesn't notice you, as she finishes off some anecdote that leaves them both laughing. The former, however, watches you come in with interest.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 06, 2018, 10:00:15 pm
>Do we know if the clerk knows about Mamizou's true form?
>Does the clerk know us?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 06, 2018, 10:08:06 pm
>Do we know if the clerk knows about Mamizou's true form?
>Does the clerk know us?

>You aren't sure.
>You don't think so? The two of you haven't met, at least.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 06, 2018, 10:32:15 pm
>Walk up to the two of them and introduce ourselves to the clerk
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 06, 2018, 10:36:47 pm
>Walk up to the two of them and introduce ourselves to the clerk

>You should introduce yourself!

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 07, 2018, 02:48:24 am
>"Hello, I'm Minamitsu Murasa, from the Myouren Temple. It's nice to meet you! And you are?"
>Stick out our hand for a handshake. Hopefully it's not too clammy.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 07, 2018, 02:55:18 am
>"Hello, I'm Minamitsu Murasa, from the Myouren Temple. It's nice to meet you! And you are?"
>Stick out our hand for a handshake. Hopefully it's not too clammy.

>You go forward and introduce yourself boldly. The young woman's eyes widen a bit, but she doesn't seem particularly upset.
>"I-I'm Kosuzu Motoori. And, if you're from the Myouren Temple, that means you're a, you know...?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 07, 2018, 04:20:44 am
>"A youkai? That's correct. I apologize if that's an awkward aspect."
>"As for you, miss, I believe we've met before?"
>Wink at Mamizou to indicate we're trying to avoid cover-blowing here.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: the old guy on September 07, 2018, 04:34:26 am
>"A youkai? That's correct. I apologize if that's an awkward aspect."
>Replace Youkai with "Non-Human", and add "I am a ghost" right after "correct".
(I'm pretty sure Ghosts and Youkai are different in Touhou.)
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 07, 2018, 04:53:10 am
>"A youkai? That's correct. I apologize if that's an awkward aspect."
>"As for you, miss, I believe we've met before?"
>Wink at Mamizou to indicate we're trying to avoid cover-blowing here.
>Replace Youkai with "Non-Human", and add "I am a ghost" right after "correct".
(I'm pretty sure Ghosts and Youkai are different in Touhou.)

>She nods. "No, no, it's okay! I know how it all works, see."
>"Oh, once or twice," Mamizou says, letting her pip dangle from her fingers. "Around the temple during functions."
>Kosuzu giggles. "So, what can I help you with? If there's a book you'd like, we'll rent it to you right away!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 08, 2018, 10:57:57 am
> Does the wrong feeling seem better or worse now that we're in here?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 08, 2018, 02:44:16 pm
> Does the wrong feeling seem better or worse now that we're in here?

>It has not changed.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 08, 2018, 05:40:22 pm
>"Do you have any books on ghosts and phantoms?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 08, 2018, 09:59:04 pm
>"Do you have any books on ghosts and phantoms?"

>"Interesting request," says Mamizou.
>"In what sense?" Kosuzu says. "We have a folio or two with various kinds of ghosts written about in it."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on September 08, 2018, 11:04:09 pm
>"I've been having an unusual problem today... I was hoping I could find something written about it."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 08, 2018, 11:40:22 pm
>"I've been having an unusual problem today... I was hoping I could find something written about it."

>"I don't know if we have anything that goes that into depth..." says Kosuzu. "They're more about ghosts in general?"
>"I hope you're not doing too poorly?" Mamizou says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 08, 2018, 11:56:24 pm
>"It's been sort of a... weird feeling, all day. And a strange occurrence."
>Sum up the "teleported into underwater and then swam to the roof" scenario.
>"Anything like that?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 08, 2018, 11:59:37 pm
>"It's been sort of a... weird feeling, all day. And a strange occurrence."
>Sum up the "teleported into underwater and then swam to the roof" scenario.
>"Anything like that?"

>Are you sure you want to be telling this rather personal story to just anyone, on the very off chance they'll have a book that deals with exactly that?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 09, 2018, 12:12:07 am
>Are you sure you want to be telling this rather personal story to just anyone, on the very off chance they'll have a book that deals with exactly that?

>_
>Fair point.
>"Well, they're still worth a look, I'd say. Could you please get them for me?"
>While Kosuzu goes to get the books, if she actually leaves the desk, then tell Mamizou alone about our feeling and our underwater occurance.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 09, 2018, 12:36:50 am
>Fair point.
>"Well, they're still worth a look, I'd say. Could you please get them for me?"
>While Kosuzu goes to get the books, if she actually leaves the desk, then tell Mamizou alone about our feeling and our underwater occurance.

>"Alright, I'll gather them for you," says Kosuzu.
>You take a moment to summarize what happened to Mamizou. The disguised Tanuki raises an eyebrow at first, then gapes as you describe the experience. "Hon, I have no idea what happened to you," she says. "I'd wager a goodly amount that no one's ever had that happen."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 09, 2018, 12:44:18 am
>"...Well, thanks anyway. Any suggestions on who I could ask?"
>Wait for Kosuzu to return with the books.
>When she does, flip through them just in case.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 09, 2018, 01:10:50 am
>"...Well, thanks anyway. Any suggestions on who I could ask?"
>Wait for Kosuzu to return with the books.
>When she does, flip through them just in case.

>"If you're getting drug into other worlds," says Mamizou, "I would probably go to the authority on that, or a bigger library."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 09, 2018, 04:38:28 am
>We know of a bigger library. Who's an authority on other worlds?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 09, 2018, 05:17:11 am
>We know of a bigger library. Who's an authority on other worlds?

>You imagine it would have to be someone who travels between them, or monitors travel between them.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 09, 2018, 05:46:24 am
>How viable is it for us to either visit Patchouli's library, or Yukari Yakumo? Is it the kind of thing we can do as a day trip, or does that require going... north?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 09, 2018, 06:23:23 am
>How viable is it for us to either visit Patchouli's library, or Yukari Yakumo? Is it the kind of thing we can do as a day trip, or does that require going... north?

>Neither are north. Yukari is a toss up, she may or may not be interested in seeing you, or even around. The library requires, essentially, for you to get around the gate keeper. And perhaps curry Patchouli's good will.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 09, 2018, 02:32:28 pm
>Well, the library is probably the easier to attempt. Not necessarily succeed.
>Say "Thank you for your assistance. These don't seem to be what I'm looking for, but I appreciate your help." to Kosuzu.
>Depart in the direction of the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: meow56 on September 09, 2018, 02:41:32 pm
>Hold on a second, has Kosuzu even returned with the books?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 09, 2018, 04:21:27 pm
> When the supposed displacement underwater occured,did the feeling become stronger or weaker?It did strongly intesify right before that,right?
>Speaking of underwater,anything familiar or at least sticking out during that scene? Even compared to "the old days" in the far past.
>Take extra-care to look into any section of the books that link together ghosts,or otherwise spirits,and particular beacons,affinities,bonds,their source and workings that might or might not resemble the current predicament.
>If anything even remotely matches,consider borrowing,after striking a deal,to make references and researces easier when going to meet Patchouli,Yukari and anyone insightfull in-between or afterwards.
>Myouren Temple stance with SDM and Yakumo Household as a whole and by residents and frequent visitors.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 09, 2018, 05:54:05 pm
>Well, the library is probably the easier to attempt. Not necessarily succeed.
>Say "Thank you for your assistance. These don't seem to be what I'm looking for, but I appreciate your help." to Kosuzu.
>Depart in the direction of the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

>Hold on a second, has Kosuzu even returned with the books?

>You nearly just walk off. Man, remembering linear time is hard!
>Kosuzu arrives after a few moments, with an armload of books, which she puts on the table with a formidable thump.

> When the supposed displacement underwater occured,did the feeling become stronger or weaker?It did strongly intesify right before that,right?
>Speaking of underwater,anything familiar or at least sticking out during that scene? Even compared to "the old days" in the far past.
>Take extra-care to look into any section of the books that link together ghosts,or otherwise spirits,and particular beacons,affinities,bonds,their source and workings that might or might not resemble the current predicament.
>If anything even remotely matches,consider borrowing,after striking a deal,to make references and researces easier when going to meet Patchouli,Yukari and anyone insightfull in-between or afterwards.
>Myouren Temple stance with SDM and Yakumo Household as a whole and by residents and frequent visitors.

>Hm, you aren't sure if the feeling changed, you were only there for a few moments, as was too busy being surprised. You don't think it got worse, at least, you would have remembered that.
>Glancing at the selection Kosuzu has brought you, it seems they are mostly books about various types of ghosts. You'd probably find something about ship ghosts in them, but you doubt that they would have anything especially in depth.
>As far as you know, the Myouren Temple and Scarlet Devil Mansion officially don't have any problems with each other. That could change, you imagine, if the Scarlet Devil got up to something, but for now things seem to be fine. By far the best known mansion resident at the temple is Sakuya, who sometimes comes to visit Rinnosuke. The others, you just don't see wandering much; though once or twice lately, Sakuya has brought the gatekeeper with her as well.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on September 09, 2018, 06:09:49 pm
>Well, we don't need books specifically about ship ghosts, per say; the phenomenon happening to us isn't necessarily limited to our specific type of ghost. Do any of the books seem like they'd have in-depth information about general ghost details, rather than specific types of them?

Although honestly, my hopes aren't that high. We probably need a specialist; but most of those are... well. We certainly aren't going to hakugyokurou or higan. Yukari or the SDM seem like the most likely choices. Or, actually...

>Are we familiar with Kasen?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 09, 2018, 06:15:39 pm
Find and ask Tojiko!
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 09, 2018, 07:10:31 pm
>Well, we don't need books specifically about ship ghosts, per say; the phenomenon happening to us isn't necessarily limited to our specific type of ghost. Do any of the books seem like they'd have in-depth information about general ghost details, rather than specific types of them?
>Are we familiar with Kasen?

>It doesn't seem that way. At a glance, you get the feeling most of them were written by humans for humans. Actually, wait. this one has no title.
>You don't know Kasen, but you know of her. She is a busybody hermit who is sometimes seem around town.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on September 09, 2018, 07:24:30 pm
>Examine the titleless one a bit. Flip through some pages.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 09, 2018, 08:53:18 pm
>Examine the titleless one a bit. Flip through some pages.

>You take the title-less one. It seems to be of outside world quality, made with whatever techniques they use out there. Paging through it, it doesn't seem to be organized into chapters, but rather sectioned off into arbitrary bits. If it weren't for the fact it isn't handwritten, you would think this is a journal. It seems to be written like once as you glance through it. Hmm...it seems to make a lot of references of an old house, and smelling the hearts of passersby.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 09, 2018, 09:27:48 pm
>"Where did you get this book?"
>Keep looking through it. Is it all metaphorical, can we tell?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 09, 2018, 10:42:04 pm
>"Where did you get this book?"
>Keep looking through it. Is it all metaphorical, can we tell?

>"It's an outside world book we found," says Kosuzu,
>It seems literal, but you've seen your share of buddhist stories that are supposed to be metaphorical but don't read this way at all.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 10, 2018, 01:03:58 am
>"What are the conditions for borrowing the book?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 10, 2018, 01:27:18 am
>"What are the conditions for borrowing the book?"

>"It's 3☼ to take it for a week, 10☼ for a month," says Kosuzu.

>_

Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 10, 2018, 02:00:56 am
>"I... don't have any money on me at the moment. Would it be possible to pay you back with odd jobs or various chores?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 10, 2018, 02:08:51 am
>"I... don't have any money on me at the moment. Would it be possible to pay you back with odd jobs or various chores?"

>"I can cover you," says Mamizou.
>"If you don't want that," says Kosuzu, "It would be helpful if you could retrieve a few books from the Hakurei Shrine."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 10, 2018, 02:20:26 am
>How's our standing with Reimu? Is going up to the Shrine likely to get us a battle?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 10, 2018, 03:44:16 am
>How's our standing with Reimu? Is going up to the Shrine likely to get us a battle?

>Probably not, unless she's having a bad day.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 10, 2018, 03:54:51 am
>"I'd like to try and get the books back for you. Which ones should I ask the shrine maiden about?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 10, 2018, 04:40:30 am
>"I'd like to try and get the books back for you. Which ones should I ask the shrine maiden about?"

>"All the ones she has are due back, so it's easier just to ask for that," says Kosuzu.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 10, 2018, 04:43:20 am
>"Heh, well, that'll be easy enough. Is it okay if I take this now, or should I retrieve the shrine maiden's books first?"
>Regardless of the answer (although take the book if she says it's okay), say goodbye and exit the bookstore.
>What's closer: the Scarlet Devil Mansion, or the Hakurei Shrine?
>Do we see anyone noticeable in the village, as well?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 10, 2018, 05:08:23 am
>"Heh, well, that'll be easy enough. Is it okay if I take this now, or should I retrieve the shrine maiden's books first?"
>Regardless of the answer (although take the book if she says it's okay), say goodbye and exit the bookstore.
>What's closer: the Scarlet Devil Mansion, or the Hakurei Shrine?
>Do we see anyone noticeable in the village, as well?

>"Oh sure, you can take it, I trust you," says Kosuzu. You hope she's not that trusting with everyone...
>You obtain: Ghost Journal
>The Hakurei Shrine is to the east, markedly closer than Scarlet Devil Mansion to the south.
>You've only been through part of the village, but you do notice a woman with short red hair and a blue bow sweeping outside the lantern store, wearing dark reddish blouse, skirt, and capelet. You think she must be the owner.

>_

Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Mr. Sacchi on September 13, 2018, 12:48:50 am
> Are the streets particularly busy in this section? What about air traffic?
> Look East, are the streets particularly busy in *that* section? What about air traffic?
> How difficult would it be to read and fly at the same time?

> Have we ever met with the princess of Hakugyokurou, or her assistant? If so, what is our opinion of them?
> What about the Prismriver sisters?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 13, 2018, 01:22:56 am
> Are the streets particularly busy in this section? What about air traffic?
> Look East, are the streets particularly busy in *that* section? What about air traffic?
> How difficult would it be to read and fly at the same time?

> Have we ever met with the princess of Hakugyokurou, or her assistant? If so, what is our opinion of them?
> What about the Prismriver sisters?

>The streets are reasonably quiet, just a few passersby. The skies are clear.
>Looking to the east, things are a bit busier. This isn't surprising, there's a lot of homes in that direction. The sky is clear.
>The speed would make it hard. And if you lost track of your angle, you could end up hitting the ground, or veering off too high up.
>You have, the former briefly and the latter a few times, particularly when they put on a play a little while ago. The princess seems kind of doofy, but not a bad person. The assistant seems very nice, if a bit too serious sometimes.
>You've not exactly met them, but you've heard their concerts. They're pretty good!

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 13, 2018, 01:45:43 am
> Do we know where Toyosatomimi and her entourage make their base of operations?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 13, 2018, 02:15:11 am
> Do we know where Toyosatomimi and her entourage make their base of operations?

>Nobody really knows where they are. Sometimes you can find them hanging around the tomb, though. Other times, they can be in town. But other times, they are nowhere to be found.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 13, 2018, 03:27:50 am
> Is the tomb in the same direction as the Hakurei Shrine? If so, head toward it.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 13, 2018, 03:48:16 am
> Is the tomb in the same direction as the Hakurei Shrine? If so, head toward it.

>It is behind the Myouren Temple, so practically in the opposite direction.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 13, 2018, 10:33:21 am
> Ergh...
> Okay, head to the tomb anyway, then. This shouldn't take very long.

(Folks can feel free to overrule me on this, I'm mostly interested in checking if Tojiko is getting the same feeling. And hey, pursuit of the user-added quest might get us a traveling companion!)
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Stuffman on September 13, 2018, 04:55:03 pm
Really eager to get some ghost-on-ghost action, eh?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on September 13, 2018, 05:08:42 pm
(http://i68.tinypic.com/124y6i8.png)

(I have no interest in a romantic pursuit, and even if I did it wouldn't be right to steal Tojiko away from Shou anyway.)
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Stuffman on September 13, 2018, 05:17:35 pm
(Too bad. There might've been some art in it for you otherwise.)
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 13, 2018, 06:13:12 pm
> Ergh...
> Okay, head to the tomb anyway, then. This shouldn't take very long.

>The tomb isn't that far away, this should take five minutes at most.
>You make your way past the buildings, and toward the graveyard. You're not certain how long this graveyard has been in use, but it's clearly old enough to have been neglected for awhile. You suspect there was probably a family who once maintained it, long ago, but since they've passed on it has been looked after sporadically at best. As you make your way toward it, the newer graves are still in fairly good condition and the grass is reasonably trimmed,  Further back, the markers become more dilapidated and the overgrowth more and more pronounced. Near the rear of the place is a small woods, you're not sure if it predates the cemetery or not, but that is where the tomb lies.
>Your eyes are drawn to a figure in red, leaning over one of the graves near the woods. You immediately recognize her as the wicked hermit's jiangshi. That will be a problem, she will certainly shout an alarm if she finds you or if you approach her the wrong way.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on September 13, 2018, 06:17:09 pm
> Is she looking at us?
> What's the gravestone cover like between ourselves and her?
> What's the gravestone cover like between her and the entrance to the woods?
> Mentally elaborate on our ability to "sort of disappear".
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 13, 2018, 06:20:59 pm
> Is she looking at us?
> What's the gravestone cover like between ourselves and her?
> What's the gravestone cover like between her and the entrance to the woods?
> Mentally elaborate on our ability to "sort of disappear".

>She currently has her back to you.
>There are many rows of grave markers, but they are slender things that are not very good to hide behind individually.
>It is difficult to tell from a distance, but she is fairly close to the woods, so there wouldn't be many.
>You can become a sort of translucent green, and somewhat intangible.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on September 13, 2018, 06:25:20 pm
> How long can we hold our green form?
> Can we sink into the ground while green and intangible? If so, can we move around in it?
> Is it reasonably possible that she will not raise an alarm if we appear non-threatening? Or are we done the instant we're spotted no matter what?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 13, 2018, 06:30:36 pm
> How long can we hold our green form?
> Can we sink into the ground while green and intangible? If so, can we move around in it?
> Is it reasonably possible that she will not raise an alarm if we appear non-threatening? Or are we done the instant we're spotted no matter what?

>Indefinitely, really. You generally don't, though, it's much more useful to be tangible.
>No.
>That is hard to say, the taoists are not easy to predict, and a jiangshi with a half rotten brain is harder still. But, according to stories you've heard, she can at least be pleasant, so it may be possible?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on September 13, 2018, 06:34:13 pm
> What can we move through when semi-intangible, if anything?
> Is there a fence nearby our current location?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 13, 2018, 06:38:58 pm
> What can we move through when semi-intangible, if anything?
> Is there a fence nearby our current location?

>You can sometimes push through small objects. Larger objects, you just can't get a grasp on.
>There is an old fence going around the cemetery.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on September 13, 2018, 06:42:23 pm
> Moving so that we are still facing the jiangshi's back, make our way over to a section of fence and casually lean up against it (with only the lower half of our body if necessary due to lacking height). Leaning up against a post would be preferable since they're likely to be sturdier. Keep our hands visible - if possible, use them to hold onto the fence to a small amount of our weight up.
> Call out to the jiangshi in a neutral tone.
> "Yo."
> If she turns to look at us, give her a short wave before returning our hand to wherever it was before.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 13, 2018, 07:13:19 pm
> Moving so that we are still facing the jiangshi's back, make our way over to a section of fence and casually lean up against it (with only the lower half of our body if necessary due to lacking height). Leaning up against a post would be preferable since they're likely to be sturdier. Keep our hands visible - if possible, use them to hold onto the fence to a small amount of our weight up.
> Call out to the jiangshi in a neutral tone.
> "Yo."
> If she turns to look at us, give her a short wave before returning our hand to wherever it was before.

>You carefully position yourself and wave.
>The jiangshi turns around and frowns for a moment, then says. "Heeeeeey! You're not supposed to be around heeeeere!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on September 13, 2018, 07:18:57 pm
> "That's why I'm over here, and not next to you. Where's your ghost buddy? I need to talk to her."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 13, 2018, 07:20:45 pm
> "That's why I'm over here, and not next to you. Where's your ghost buddy? I need to talk to her."

>"Oh, they're all sleeeeping since its daytime," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on September 13, 2018, 07:22:33 pm
> Do we sleep?
> Frown a bit.
> "I've seen them in the daytime before."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 13, 2018, 09:54:07 pm
> Do we sleep?
> Frown a bit.
> "I've seen them in the daytime before."

>You do! You aren't certain if you physically need to, but mentally it is very refreshing.
>"Nuuuuh," says the jiangshi. "They're hiiiiiiding in the graves right now!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 13, 2018, 10:40:19 pm
> Blink.
> Point at the grave she was leaning over.
> "Like that one?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 13, 2018, 10:42:34 pm
> Blink.
> Point at the grave she was leaning over.
> "Like that one?"

>She frowns. "Uh. I don't thiiiiink so."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 13, 2018, 11:36:37 pm
> "Hrm. Well, did your ghost friend say anything about bad feelings before she went to sleep?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 12:54:14 am
> "Hrm. Well, did your ghost friend say anything about bad feelings before she went to sleep?"

>The jiangshi frowns. "Whiiiiich one?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 14, 2018, 12:57:35 am
> "Tojiko."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 12:59:20 am
> "Tojiko."

>The jiangshi pauses for a second, frowning. Then she says, "She's not aaaaasleep! She's oooout!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 14, 2018, 01:02:28 am
> Facepalm.
> "Where?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 01:29:55 am
> Facepalm.
> "Where?"

>"That waaaay," she says, making a stiff-armed gesture in the direction of the town. "She wanted to get...uhhh..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 14, 2018, 01:57:21 am
> Wait for her to finish.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 03:01:18 am
> Wait for her to finish.

>"...Foooood?" she finishes after a moment.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 14, 2018, 03:08:31 am
> "Right. Okay, thanks. Catch you around."
> Head back into town and head for the tavern.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 03:44:25 am
> "Right. Okay, thanks. Catch you around."
> Head back into town and head for the tavern.

>"Byyyyye!" the Jiangshi calls. "...Hey, Waaaaait! You weren't supposed to be heeeeeere!"
>You make your way toward the center of town. It's fairly busy right now; you also note that school is in session judging from the small children watching people through the windows. A crossroads dominates the area; with the school on the northeast and the tavern to the west. In particular, you note a number of farmers carrying loads of produce, making their way toward the market to the east.
>Heading into the tavern, you find things are fairly sleepy inside, just a couple booths are in use; you note one of them being used by the two outside world girls. You note that the teacher's friend, with the red overalls and white hair, is behind the bar and seems to be fairly bored, you note a book off to her side.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 14, 2018, 03:45:39 am
> Any sign of Tojiko or any other Taoists in here?
> If not, exit and head to the market to the east, looking for Tojiko.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 04:53:03 am
> Any sign of Tojiko or any other Taoists in here?
> If not, exit and head to the market to the east, looking for Tojiko.

>You do not see any ghosts. Renko does give you a wave as you leave.
>Heading toward the market, you can see that it is fairly crowded. Harvests are coming in, and people are eager to get the freshed produce they can.  Stalls offering various goods are crammed just about everywhere they can be; some along the sides of buildings and others on little islands in the middle of the way. People of all kinds are milling about and moving to and fro, as well as the odd youkai that doesn't cause too much trouble. You pick out a few familiar faces; there is Sakuya at a rice dealer with her gatekeeper friend. Over there, just sort of loitering, is that umbrella youkai. For some reason, people don't seem to mind her very much. You can also see Reisen, poorly disguised with a sakkat, waiting in line at a grocer's.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 14, 2018, 04:57:15 am
> Head over to the umbrella youkai.
> "Hey there. Have you seen any ghosts in green around here? Other than me."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 05:19:47 am
> Head over to the umbrella youkai.
> "Hey there. Have you seen any ghosts in green around here? Other than me."

>You approach the umbrella youkai. She bounces on her heel, her open umbrella resting on her shoulder, as she looks around. Catching your eye, she waves as you approach. "Hiya!"
>"Other ghosts? Not around here, no," she says. "Oh oh, have you seen any tengu?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 14, 2018, 05:20:28 am
> How does she look, both in terms of immediate notable details and appearance in general? (Presumably we've seen her before and can see her properly now and so do not need to make a show of ogling her up and down.)
> "Can't say I have, sorry."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 05:54:45 am
> How does she look, both in terms of immediate notable details and appearance in general? (Presumably we've seen her before and can see her properly now and so do not need to make a show of ogling her up and down.)
> "Can't say I have, sorry."

>She is very teal. More to the point, she is fairly slender and a bit short. She has soft facial features, a round face, as well as notable heterochromia.
>"Boo," she says. "I've been waiting to meet up with Hatate for half an hour now!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: the old guy on September 14, 2018, 07:16:20 am
Steal Tojiko away from Shou?
What?

On a unrelated note:
>Being an avatar of a deity of generosity, would Shou be willing to give away money?
>Why does run that store, anyways?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 09:15:38 am
>Being an avatar of a deity of generosity, would Shou be willing to give away money?
>Why does run that store, anyways?

>She might, if she had any and you asked nicely.
>What store?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 14, 2018, 10:24:25 am
> Does she have us beat there?
> "Sorry, kiddo."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 06:50:25 pm
> Does she have us beat there?
> "Sorry, kiddo."

>Naw.
>"She'll get here, I'm sure of it," says Kogasa. "Oh! I did see a ghost in green heading toward the kappa village earlier today."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on September 14, 2018, 06:53:00 pm
> Is the kappa village anywhere remotely close to "on the way" to the Hakurei Shrine?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 06:59:27 pm
> Is the kappa village anywhere remotely close to "on the way" to the Hakurei Shrine?

>No. But the shrine could be on the way toward the Kappa village, as Youkai Mountain is to the Southeast of here.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on September 14, 2018, 07:01:54 pm
Sorry for that sudden takeover, everyone. I'll step back away for a bit again once we're on our way to Reimu's.

> "Oh, excellent. Thanks! I'll catch you later, then. Hopefully you get your tengu."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 14, 2018, 07:07:03 pm
> Have we ever heard/known of why Shou runs that tiger print store of hers?

> What do we, and others, think of the two outside world gals?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 07:44:16 pm
> "Oh, excellent. Thanks! I'll catch you later, then. Hopefully you get your tengu."

>"Good luck with your ghost!" she says.

> Have we ever heard/known of why Shou runs that tiger print store of hers?

> What do we, and others, think of the two outside world gals?

>Shou likes tiger stripes, and firmly believes other people should like them too.
>You like them, they're good kids and they're so cute together. You think they're on pretty good terms with just about everyone save for Scarlet Devil Mansion, where they are on just cordial terms, after that stunt they pulled with the faerie raid.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on September 14, 2018, 07:57:05 pm
Tagging out now~

> "Thanks!"
> Head out of town on foot, then take flight and head to the Hakurei Shrine.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 08:18:01 pm
Tagging out now~

> "Thanks!"
> Head out of town on foot, then take flight and head to the Hakurei Shrine.

>You leave the market behind, and the rest of the town soon enough. Taking to the air, you make a short flight eastward, toward a fairly unassuming woods, and the Hakurei that is heavily obscured by it.
>Landing just outside the shrine, near the old red torii gateway, you can see a short, curvaceous, green-haired  youkai standing by it, wearing an island shirt and matching shorts. "Hey! Hey! Intruder!" she barks for a moment, then without missing a beat says "Heya, Captain! Haven't seen you in awhile!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 14, 2018, 08:38:27 pm
> Relationship with curvaceous island-like youkai.
> How's the shrine look? What state is it in, rather. Better than we've seen last?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 11:35:07 pm
> Relationship with curvaceous island-like youkai.
> How's the shrine look? What state is it in, rather. Better than we've seen last?

>You have no idea who this is.
>It seems in fair condition. Reimu is on the front porch.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 14, 2018, 11:41:40 pm
> How often do we come here that she knows us, then?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 14, 2018, 11:43:30 pm
> How often do we come here that she knows us, then?

>Not very often at all.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on September 15, 2018, 12:23:01 am
Oh, Aunn! Silently watching everyone 'til after the Four Seasons incident.

>"Hmm, it's been awhile since I've been this way..." Give a friendly wave and smile, though, as we approach, even if we don't recognize them.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 15, 2018, 12:31:12 am
>"Hmm, it's been awhile since I've been this way..." Give a friendly wave and smile, though, as we approach, even if we don't recognize them.

>"Yep! I don't even remember the last time," she says. She gives you a smile as you wave.
>Entering the shrine is always a little difficult, it's just a place where ghosts shouldn't be. It would help if you step around the torii rather than going through it, but that is kind of rude,

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 15, 2018, 02:22:22 am
> Perhaps we should fly down from above the shrine and past the torii on our next visit then...
> How does it feel when we do though? Is it more of a struggle and effort, or actually painful?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 15, 2018, 03:25:09 am
> Perhaps we should fly down from above the shrine and past the torii on our next visit then...
> How does it feel when we do though? Is it more of a struggle and effort, or actually painful?

>You could, but it is a bit presumptuous.
>It's more like a normal person having to go through a shadowy place at night. It's just kind of uncomfortable.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 15, 2018, 06:25:07 am
>Brace ourselves and go through the torii.
>Mental examination: did that affect our feeling at all?
>Wave to the shrine maiden. "Hello!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 15, 2018, 07:29:56 am
>Brace ourselves and go through the torii.
>Mental examination: did that affect our feeling at all?
>Wave to the shrine maiden. "Hello!"

>You brace yourself and step through, experiencing a moment of the jibblies. You don't think the feeling really changed during that, and is certainly the same afterward.
>Approaching Reimu, you can see that she has a small green-haired faerie, no larger than your hand, laying on her lap. The shrine maiden herself is enjoying a cup of tea, and seems to be watching something to the southwest, though she is certainly aware of you with the occasional glance.
>"Hello Murasa. This isn't some kind of buddhist thing we're about to do, is it?" she says. "I'm not in the mood for fussing about that right now."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 15, 2018, 02:44:02 pm
>"No, nothing like that! Kosuzu just asked me to pick up some books for her."
>Look over to the southwest. Can we tell what Reimu is watching?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 15, 2018, 06:16:01 pm
>"No, nothing like that! Kosuzu just asked me to pick up some books for her."
>Look over to the southwest. Can we tell what Reimu is watching?

>"Oh, is that it?" says Reimu. The faerie on her lap burbles a happy noise. "Let me get those for you in a few minutes."
>Looking over, you seen out a kobito wearing a pink kimono, a few yards away. She staring down a crow that has settled into the grass, and approaching it step by step. "Have a seat," Reimu says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 16, 2018, 12:58:45 am
> "Got one for the little warrior there too?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 16, 2018, 01:26:24 am
> "Got one for the little warrior there too?"

>"Just watch," Reimu says, patting the shrine's front porch.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 16, 2018, 04:15:25 am
> Float over for a seat.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 16, 2018, 04:28:07 am
> Float over for a seat.

>You have a seat on the porch. The faerie in Reimu's lap makes a sound you would expect from someone too drunk to walk.
>Watching, the kobito approaches, the bird, until she is nearly close enough to hug it. The crow turns its head sideways to watch her, then moves to peck her. The kobito lunges, wrapping her arms around the crow's neck. The bird cries out as and starts flapping its wings, as the kobito shouts with vigor, shimmying around its neck.
>"You know," Reimu says, "I've been thinking. Those little guys, the kobito? They're really going to be the future."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 16, 2018, 05:07:22 am
>"What makes you say that?"
>Keep watching.
>"...May I have a cup of tea?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 16, 2018, 05:21:21 am
>"What makes you say that?"
>Keep watching.
>"...May I have a cup of tea?"

>"It'll be a bit cold," says Reimu as she reaches by the door to grab a teapot by the door, and a spare cup. Seems she expects guests these days. "And yeah. They're the one kind of youkai I don't think most people would be afraid of."
>As she speaks, the kobito kicks her way onto the bird's back and straddles its neck. The crow beats its wings, but isn't able to reach her.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 16, 2018, 05:23:16 pm
>"That's fine!"
>"...Wow, she's really doing better than I expected. I thought we'd need to save her from the crow."
>"Is that really going to work out for the best, do you think? People being unafraid, I mean."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 16, 2018, 05:55:47 pm
>"That's fine!"
>"...Wow, she's really doing better than I expected. I thought we'd need to save her from the crow."
>"Is that really going to work out for the best, do you think? People being unafraid, I mean."

>Reimu passes you your tea; it seems to be a simple green, probably unflavored.
>"Just watch, she's only starting up on that guy," says Reimu.
>As she speaks, the panicked crow takes flops its head around wildly, trying to shake off the kobito and failing. Then it starts to roll on the ground, and does press the kobito against the ground. For a moment, you're worried that she is in danger, before you remember that birds are fairly lightweight.
>"I mean, it's not going to happen overnight," says Reimu. "I doubt I'll be around to see it to the end. But, think about it. Kobito just aren't scary or threatening like other youkai are. And how do you think kids are going to see them?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 16, 2018, 06:56:10 pm
> What do we know about kobito in general?
> Do we know anything about this kobito in particular?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 16, 2018, 07:09:41 pm
> What do we know about kobito in general?
> Do we know anything about this kobito in particular?

>They are tiny people.
>If you recall properly, she is a troublemaker that Reimu is keeping around to keep an eye on her. But you don't know any details.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 16, 2018, 10:55:42 pm
> What sustains us, and what would 'kill' us? Do we even know?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 16, 2018, 11:50:39 pm
> What sustains us, and what would 'kill' us? Do we even know?

>You aren't sure what would kill you outside of an exorcism. Magic, almost certainly. You are semi-physical, but you don't think you can die from physical harm. However, you can certainly be harmed by physical harm, and you can black out. You don't need to eat or drink, but you like eating and drinking. It keeps you more connected to people around you, and tasting things is fun. You aren't sure about breathing, but it doesn't feel good to hold your breath.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 17, 2018, 01:01:57 am
>When we were a boat hating ne'er-do-well did we ever spend extended periods of time underwater?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 17, 2018, 02:18:44 am
>When we were a boat hating ne'er-do-well did we ever spend extended periods of time underwater?

>Sometimes. Other times, you just sort of drifted over it.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 17, 2018, 05:13:25 am
> "There's always a handful at least. Phobias, you know?"
> Taste a bit.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 17, 2018, 05:20:47 am
> "But I do see your overall point, yeah."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 17, 2018, 05:28:22 am
> "There's always a handful at least. Phobias, you know?"
> Taste a bit.

>The tea is cold, but not bad.

> "But I do see your overall point, yeah."

>"And, there's got to be kobito out there that love children," Reimu says. "So what happens when they meet with human children? Well, some rockiness, but... you're going to get children who love kobito. And grow up to become adults who at least have some fond memories of them. And I think that'll be the key."
>The crow finally gives up trying to roll off its attacker, and takes to the air, perhaps hoping the speed and height may have an effect.
>"She's got him, now," Reimu says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 17, 2018, 06:09:05 am
> "A finishing blow or a gradual domination?"
> Watch to see which... Or, if she suddenly fails...
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 17, 2018, 06:44:43 am
> "A finishing blow or a gradual domination?"
> Watch to see which... Or, if she suddenly fails...

>"Give her a minute," says Reimu.
>You watch, but are thwarted as the crow vanishes around the shrine.
>"So, what brings you?" says the shrine maiden. "I can't imagine you're here to hear me ramble on about little people."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 17, 2018, 07:02:59 am
>"Like I said, Kosuzu sent me to get some books. There was something else I wanted to ask you about though."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 17, 2018, 07:19:13 am
>"Like I said, Kosuzu sent me to get some books. There was something else I wanted to ask you about though."

>"Alright," says Reimu.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 18, 2018, 10:46:59 am
>"I've had this terrible feeling that something isn't right all day, and earlier while inside the temple I suddenly found myself under water; but not in the temple at all. I tried to swim to the surface but before I could reach it I was back. You'd probably think it was some kind of vision, but when I reappeared, I was on the roof. And the horrible feeling hasn't gone away either."
>Look worried.
>"Something's up."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 18, 2018, 07:30:15 pm
>"I've had this terrible feeling that something isn't right all day, and earlier while inside the temple I suddenly found myself under water; but not in the temple at all. I tried to swim to the surface but before I could reach it I was back. You'd probably think it was some kind of vision, but when I reappeared, I was on the roof. And the horrible feeling hasn't gone away either."
>Look worried.
>"Something's up."

>Reimu gives you a long, curious look. Then she nods. "That is weird," she says at length. "I don't think you're just slipping through the barrier or anything like that, there's nothing like what you described out there."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 19, 2018, 01:59:26 am
>"You know a lot of people, can you think of anyone that might know what's happening?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 19, 2018, 03:41:27 am
>"You know a lot of people, can you think of anyone that might know what's happening?"

>"Let me think..." she says. "I'm going to assume its not the barrier, but maybe it's worth bothering Yukari about still? Um, hm. Maybe it's a dream kind of thing, is that's the case you might want to find Doremy Sweet? Mmm. Hm, well, it may be worth looking into asking Patchouli or Eirin about it, they both know a lot of things they shouldn't."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on September 19, 2018, 04:04:27 am
> "Well, if it happens while I'm still here, could you look into it during the... session?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 19, 2018, 04:12:54 am
> "Well, if it happens while I'm still here, could you look into it during the... session?"

>"Sure, of course," says Reimu. "I mean, no reason not to. So, what is it like when you have one?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on September 19, 2018, 06:22:49 pm
>"I'm not really sure. One second I was in the temple, and the next, I wasn't. After I came back and found Byakuren, she observed my hair had a bit of extra curl like it had gotten wet, but somehow instantly dried... as though I'd really been underwater."
>Frown. "And though I'm a ghost, I can't phase through walls. The fact that I reappeared on the roof after swimming up in the water... it makes me wonder if someone witnessing it would just see me vanish into thin air and reappear shortly after."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 19, 2018, 07:07:49 pm
>"I'm not really sure. One second I was in the temple, and the next, I wasn't. After I came back and found Byakuren, she observed my hair had a bit of extra curl like it had gotten wet, but somehow instantly dried... as though I'd really been underwater."
>Frown. "And though I'm a ghost, I can't phase through walls. The fact that I reappeared on the roof after swimming up in the water... it makes me wonder if someone witnessing it would just see me vanish into thin air and reappear shortly after."

>"That does sound like a sensible thing to think," Reimu says. "Mm. If that were true, you'd almost certainly be going somewhere else, but still inside the barrier. It really feels kind of like you're getting caught in dreams or something?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on September 20, 2018, 06:18:37 pm
>"Hmm, I'll suggest it when I talk to some other people. Or see if I can find that Doremy Sweet. Any tips on where she'd be?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 20, 2018, 07:30:02 pm
>"Hmm, I'll suggest it when I talk to some other people. Or see if I can find that Doremy Sweet. Any tips on where she'd be?"

>"Doremy's hard to find if she doesn't want to be found," says Reimu. "But usually, she doesn't seem to care. So she could be anywhere. What I can say is she usually isn't much of a socialite, so she's probably not going to be somewhere crowded unless she has a good reason."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 21, 2018, 05:32:21 am
>"I'll need to do some looking around, then... I could probably visit a couple other people while looking for her too."
>Finish the tea.
>Could we go inside the shrine with Reimu's permission, or would being a ghost present a barrier to us?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 21, 2018, 05:55:13 am
>"I'll need to do some looking around, then... I could probably visit a couple other people while looking for her too."
>Finish the tea.
>Could we go inside the shrine with Reimu's permission, or would being a ghost present a barrier to us?

>You finish off the tea. "You might as well get more than one thing done at a time," says Reimu.
>You should be able to go inside. It will be a little uncomfortable, but nothing you can't handle.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 21, 2018, 03:12:42 pm
>"Can we walk inside the shrine together for a bit? I want to see if I can cause what happened in the temple to happen again here."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 21, 2018, 06:01:37 pm
>"Can we walk inside the shrine together for a bit? I want to see if I can cause what happened in the temple to happen again here."

>"...As long as you don't start any rumors about my housekeeping," Reimu says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 21, 2018, 06:31:18 pm
>"Of course not."
>Walk through the shrine a couple times with Reimu in tow. Does our feeling change beyond inherent apprehension from our ghostliness? Do we suddenly end up underwater? Does anything out of the ordinary happen?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 22, 2018, 01:54:06 am
>"Of course not."
>Walk through the shrine a couple times with Reimu in tow. Does our feeling change beyond inherent apprehension from our ghostliness? Do we suddenly end up underwater? Does anything out of the ordinary happen?

>You walk through the shrine, Reimu following along. It is a small place, with just a main room, a small bedroom off to the north, and a small kitchen off to the south. There's a fair amount of mess, but you're certain it's due to how many occupants there are. As you walk around, Reimu collects some books, one on this table here, another on the edge of a basket there. One under a cricket cage.
>The whole experience is like walking through an abandoned building at night, but you don't feel anything unusual or strange about your nerves. You just had a normal walk through the shrine.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 22, 2018, 02:51:18 am
>"Well, it was worth a try at least. You have a pretty nice shrine."
>Take the books off Reimu's hands.
>"Any more, or shall I get going?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 22, 2018, 02:53:15 am
>"Well, it was worth a try at least. You have a pretty nice shrine."
>Take the books off Reimu's hands.
>"Any more, or shall I get going?"

>You obtain: Stack of Rented Books.
>"That's all of them," Reimu says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 22, 2018, 05:01:01 am
>"Alright, thank you very much!"
>Leave the shrine.
>What's closer to reach from here: the Human Village, Patchouli, or Eirin?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 22, 2018, 05:51:17 am
>"Alright, thank you very much!"
>Leave the shrine.
>What's closer to reach from here: the Human Village, Patchouli, or Eirin?

>"Thanks for saving me the trip!" Reimu alls as you depart. "Let me know if they have a new Agatha Chris Q in!"
>You leave the shrine. "Bye, Captain!" says the komainu by the gateway,
>The human village is closest. Scarlet Devil Mansion is some ways to the south; Eientei is further to the southwest, and involves not getting lost.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 24, 2018, 01:28:59 am
>Start with the human village and head in that direction. Keep an eye out for any Doremy Sweets.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 24, 2018, 02:53:31 am
>Start with the human village and head in that direction. Keep an eye out for any Doremy Sweets.

>You make your way back toward the human village. Along the way, all you see if the odd faerie playing in the forest, minding their own business. Leaving the forest behind, there are fields, and farmers working to tend to their autumn crops, and bring in the last of the summer harvest. Reaching the village, you've not seen anyone exception.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 24, 2018, 03:11:31 pm
>Head to Kosuzu's store.
>"I brought Reimu's books back!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 24, 2018, 07:08:38 pm
>Head to Kosuzu's store.
>"I brought Reimu's books back!"

>You head toward the store, passing by a still-waiting Kogasa, Reaching the store, you find that Mamizou has moved on. and there are a few people browsing around. Most notably the head maid of Scarlet Devil Mansion and the Gatekeeper. The latter is carrying several baskets worth of groceries, but doesn't seem to mind as she browses along with the maid.
>"Oh, thank you very much!" says the shopkeeper, as you return the books to here. "Please enjoy your rental."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 24, 2018, 10:17:11 pm
>"You're very welcome. I'm sure it'll come in handy!"
>Do we know the head maid or gatekeeper well enough to approach them casually?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 24, 2018, 11:14:36 pm
>"You're very welcome. I'm sure it'll come in handy!"
>Do we know the head maid or gatekeeper well enough to approach them casually?

>You are on decent terms with the latter.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 25, 2018, 12:45:50 am
>Approach Meiling.
>"Hello. Pleasant day today, isn't it?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 25, 2018, 01:39:18 am
>Approach Meiling.
>"Hello. Pleasant day today, isn't it?"

>"Oh, hey there, Captain," says Meiling. "Just out with the Chief Maid, getting groceries."
>Sakuya glances toward you as she looks over the shelves for a moment, nods politely, and goes back to looking.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 25, 2018, 07:57:14 am
>"I hope it's going well then. Although... could I trouble you for a bit?"
>"See, I need to do some research on ghosts. A couple things came up. Would it be okay if I visited the Great Library to see what books it has?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 25, 2018, 09:20:06 am
>"I hope it's going well then. Although... could I trouble you for a bit?"
>"See, I need to do some research on ghosts. A couple things came up. Would it be okay if I visited the Great Library to see what books it has?"

>"Uh, hmm..." says the gatekeeper, before she looks to the maid in askance.
>"I suppose it will be fine in theory," the maid says, frowning. "But, Patchouli is in something of a foul mood today."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on September 25, 2018, 01:40:22 pm
>"Ah, I see. Do you think there's something I could do to help her mood in exchange for access?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 25, 2018, 07:39:13 pm
>"Ah, I see. Do you think there's something I could do to help her mood in exchange for access?"

>"I would recommend bribery," says the maid.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on September 25, 2018, 10:03:24 pm
>"Monks aren't known for their wealth, I'm afraid. Something other than money she'd be interested in?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 26, 2018, 12:35:36 am
>"Monks aren't known for their wealth, I'm afraid. Something other than money she'd be interested in?"

>"Books," the gatekeeper says immediately.
>"Unusual writings of any kind," the maid elaborates. "Magical trinkets might also work."
>"But her tastes are pretty weird," the gatekeeper says. "Oh! She likes really spicy sauces, too. She collects them."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 28, 2018, 02:44:05 pm
>Do we have any of those things back at our room at the temple?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 28, 2018, 07:38:51 pm
>Do we have any of those things back at our room at the temple?

>The closest thing you would have is a book on various ship styles around the mainland, and you both doubt that Patchouli would find this unusual and would prefer not to give it away.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Stuffman on September 29, 2018, 12:58:48 am
> Are we familiar with anyone able to provide dank sauces?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 29, 2018, 01:21:44 am
> Are we familiar with anyone able to provide dank sauces?

>Not off the top of your head...? You suppose that cooks in various regions probably have ways to spice their food up.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Stuffman on September 29, 2018, 02:07:22 am
I know nothing of purvisquest lore. Does Mokou still run a yakitori stand? We saw her in the tavern earlier. She might have access to dank sauces.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 29, 2018, 03:03:08 am
Yakitori stand was never a thing, she just said it to get people off her back.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on September 29, 2018, 07:19:03 am
>How exciting are meals at the temple?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 29, 2018, 07:28:44 am
>How exciting are meals at the temple?

>While they are a bit better than what monks probably should be having, they tend to be more filling and satisfying than particularly tasty.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on September 29, 2018, 10:59:00 pm
>What about magical trinkets, we know anyone who could give those?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on September 29, 2018, 11:09:38 pm
>What about magical trinkets, we know anyone who could give those?

>There is the Kirisame Trinket Shop in town, but you don't think they would have anything that Patchouli might be interested in. Sometimes Marisa sells various things, and there is Kourindou. But all of these would likely require something in exchange.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 03, 2018, 05:34:15 am
>Re-check Quests.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 03, 2018, 06:35:48 am
>Re-check Quests.

>You Quests are:
>When I Get This Feeling...
>Something feels wrong, you don't know what. But it's setting your teeth on edge.
>Kindred Spirits,
>Perhaps you can make friends with that taoist ghost? You do have ghostliness in common...

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 03, 2018, 02:56:56 pm
>"I see. Thank you for the information - if I get the chance to talk to Patchouli, I'll definitely bring something she likes."
>Leave the bookstore and re-orient ourselves.
>Is Youkai Mountain that hard a walk, or reasonable for us?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 03, 2018, 07:29:34 pm
>"I see. Thank you for the information - if I get the chance to talk to Patchouli, I'll definitely bring something she likes."
>Leave the bookstore and re-orient ourselves.
>Is Youkai Mountain that hard a walk, or reasonable for us?

>"Think nothing of it," says the maid.
>It's a little bit of a trip, but it shouldn't take too long to get to Youkai Mountain. No further away than Scarlet Devil Mansion, at worst.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 03, 2018, 11:42:37 pm
>Trek off to Youkai Mountain. Last we heard, Tojiko was there!
>Append a quest about getting something we can bribe Patchouli with to our quest log.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 04, 2018, 01:10:34 am
>Trek off to Youkai Mountain. Last we heard, Tojiko was there!
>Append a quest about getting something we can bribe Patchouli with to our quest log.

>Will you be flying directly there, or taking the road to the south, then east?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 04, 2018, 03:50:16 am
>Let's take the road. We've got some time, and we might get lucky and run into Doremy on the way.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 04, 2018, 08:01:21 am
>Let's take the road. We've got some time, and we might get lucky and run into Doremy on the way.

>You head southward, making your way from the village. Past there are more farms, buzzing with autumn activity. Fields are being reaped, others are being tended to. You can see farmers working with their neighbors to speed things along. Up ahead, you can see the crossroads where the south road and the eastern road meet; with a pond to the west. Along the eastern road, you see a lone cottage, well away from any farms. There lies the home of the Yakumos, at least sometimes.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 04, 2018, 03:21:18 pm
>Go over to the cottage and knock on the door.
>If we don't get a reply, return to the road.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 04, 2018, 08:43:37 pm
>Go over to the cottage and knock on the door.
>If we don't get a reply, return to the road.

>You do so, and there is no answer. Are they not home? Perhaps they simply had a late evening? It's hard to say.  Perhaps it will be worthwhile to come back?
>You continue down the road. Soon you can see the brilliantly colored forests along the foothills of Youkai Mountain, as it rises up above the surrounding mountains. A picturesque waterfall cascades down the side of it, marking where one can find the kappa village. The road leads directly into the foothills.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 04, 2018, 09:48:02 pm
>Look around for ships to sink.
>Do the kappa generally take kindly to people just walking in, or should we find a way to announce ourselves first?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 04, 2018, 10:52:10 pm
>Look around for ships to sink.
>Do the kappa generally take kindly to people just walking in, or should we find a way to announce ourselves first?

>With a single glance, you send Cirno x Aya and Momiji x Nitori straight to Davy Jones' locker
>They don't mind when youkai come, typically. With humans, it gets trickier.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 04, 2018, 11:22:56 pm
>Proceed into the kappa village and see who's there.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 05, 2018, 12:31:10 am
> Keep an eye out for Tojiko in particular?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 05, 2018, 01:25:14 am
>Proceed into the kappa village and see who's there.

> Keep an eye out for Tojiko in particular?

>You make your way up the mountain path. The forest is a riot of autumn colors, like fireworks among the trees. Leaves slowly drift down in stately spirals, while squirrel roam around, stocking up on food for the coming winter. Faeries in fiery yellow and red dresses run and play among the leaves, crashing through underbrush and sometimes firing off danmaku. You don't see the autumn goddesses who are known to live here; they must be busy. 
>After some distance, the forest grows darker, the trees grow more gnarled and black-barked. There are not many leaves to be found here, but the canopy overhead is thick enough to blot out much of the light. Sometimes you can hear a faerie shriek with laughter, and other times a crow caws, but it is silent as a crypt otherwise. In truth, you almost feel drawn to this place, being a ghost, it just has that kind of unfortunate aura. At one point you think you get a glimpse of the one who gathers misfortune here, but you aren't sure.
>Eventually, you make you way from the trees into swampier terrain. Here you can see kappa homes, half-sunken things covered in mud and moss, made to blend into the numerous pools of water and cattails that dot the area. To the north, you can see a large place that looks like several barns joined together, where a fair amount of kappa are milling about. Along the riverside is a market where all sorts of river fish can be found, as well as some other things. Dirt roads wind this way and that, cut out by the meandering of the residents. Further along, you can see a lone road wending its way up the side of the mountain.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 05, 2018, 02:32:09 am
> Check out that market! She was supposedly looking for food.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 05, 2018, 04:57:01 am
> Check out that market! She was supposedly looking for food.

>You make your way toward the market. Here there are a variety of stalls, most of them covered in mud, cattails, and weeds to as to look like strange lumps of earth from most angles. Many of them are selling fish that was freshly caught, others deal in kappa-favored treats such as cucumbers and various cucumber related treats. As well, there are a few who seem to be dealing in the mechanical tidbits that many kappa seem to enjoy, as well as more mundane items like cloth and basic wares. Quite a few youkai mill about here; it is simply easier to shop here than in the human village for most youkai.
>Looking around, you quickly pick out Tojiko's distinctive green garb among the stalls near the riverside, browsing over a selection of fish.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 05, 2018, 05:14:20 am
> Is anyone else of interest present, that we can immediately tell?
> Make our way toward Tojiko. Give her a reasonably civil "Yo" once we're within conversation range, taking the general hubbub into account. Give her a short wave if she looks at us.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 05, 2018, 07:03:27 am
> Is anyone else of interest present, that we can immediately tell?
> Make our way toward Tojiko. Give her a reasonably civil "Yo" once we're within conversation range, taking the general hubbub into account. Give her a short wave if she looks at us.

>You think you can pick out that pink-haired Hermit that likes to visit town a lot.
>You close in on Tojiko and call out to her. She looks back, notices you, and frowns.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 05, 2018, 11:39:16 am
> "You have a moment? I need to discuss something quick but personal."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 05, 2018, 06:16:26 pm
> "You have a moment? I need to discuss something quick but personal."

>"What, why?" say Tojiko, as she glances around. You assume she's making sure your friends aren't lurking around.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 05, 2018, 06:22:17 pm
> "Don't worry, it's just me. Strange things have been happening to me today, and I was wondering if they had happened to you as well."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 05, 2018, 07:27:31 pm
> "Don't worry, it's just me. Strange things have been happening to me today, and I was wondering if they had happened to you as well."

>"What kind of things? How strange?" says Tojiko, clearly suspicious.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 05, 2018, 09:24:22 pm
> Frown a bit.
> "I'd really rather not go into detail about my personal problems in such a public setting."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 05, 2018, 09:52:03 pm
> Frown a bit.
> "I'd really rather not go into detail about my personal problems in such a public setting."

>"Why are you talking to me about them at all?" Tojiko says. "Don't you have a whole temple to bother with that?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 05, 2018, 10:20:38 pm
> "Because..."
> Look suddenly mildly awkward.
> "...Because none of them are ghosts, and I think it's related to that."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 05, 2018, 10:33:23 pm
> "Because..."
> Look suddenly mildly awkward.
> "...Because none of them are ghosts, and I think it's related to that."

>Tojiko draws her lips into a thin line. "Well, I guess that's true, isn't it? Alright, I'll follow you."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 05, 2018, 10:58:55 pm
> "Great, thank you."
> Look around for some nearby part of the market that doesn't have tons off people paying attention to it.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 05, 2018, 11:08:03 pm
> "Great, thank you."
> Look around for some nearby part of the market that doesn't have tons off people paying attention to it.

>You look around. The market is pretty busy, but there a few spots by some stands that are reasonably private. There's that fish seller there who seems to be packing up for the day, a kappa dealing in some kind of doodad you can't identify, and what seems to be a fox youkai trying to sell liquor with little success.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 06, 2018, 02:04:54 am
> "Here, this should do."
> Beckon to Tojiko and make for near the stall that's packing up.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 06, 2018, 02:25:17 am
> "Here, this should do."
> Beckon to Tojiko and make for near the stall that's packing up.

>You beckon her over to the stall. Things are a little more quiet here, near this patch of river.
>"Okay, so what's on your mind," she says, crossing her arms. It looks a little silly with a basket of groceries in one hand.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 06, 2018, 02:40:33 am
> "So. I have this feeling that...something is wrong. There's something bothersome in the air, but I can't put my finger on what."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 06, 2018, 03:30:10 am
> "So. I have this feeling that...something is wrong. There's something bothersome in the air, but I can't put my finger on what."

>She nods. "Okay, and?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 06, 2018, 03:42:13 am
> Recount the drowning incident in the Temple from earlier.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 06, 2018, 04:01:49 am
> Recount the drowning incident in the Temple from earlier.

>She frowns more and raises an eyebrow as you tell her the tale.
>As you tell the story, you can't help but notice there is a rowboat behind the stand, just...floating there. Bobbing on the water. Just waiting to slip under the river...

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 06, 2018, 04:16:26 am
> ...Was that there before?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 06, 2018, 06:13:19 am
> ...Was that there before?

>You think so, it just didn't catch your attention, you were so busy trying to placate Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 06, 2018, 09:06:21 am
> Does Tojiiko have us beat there?
> As we speak, make a bit of an obvious show of glancing back any forth between Tojiko and the boat, before covering our eyes and continuing on as if nothing out of the ordinary is happening.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 06, 2018, 10:05:11 am
> Does Tojiiko have us beat there?
> As we speak, make a bit of an obvious show of glancing back any forth between Tojiko and the boat, before covering our eyes and continuing on as if nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

>Tojiko does not seem to be paying any attention to the boat at all.
>You glance back and forth, and then cover your eyes. It helps, it helps a lot. It's one thing to simply know it is there, but it is another thing to actually look at it, bobbing on the surface of the river like that, straining against its mooring...
>"Are...are you alright?" Tojiko says, as you finish the part where you found yourself on the temple roof.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 06, 2018, 12:02:23 pm
> Yes, but does Tojiko have us beat *there*?
> "Yes. Sorry. It's not...it's not a big deal. Don't worry about it."
> Keep going with our tale (if there's anything else meaningful to say).
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 06, 2018, 07:17:31 pm
> Yes, but does Tojiko have us beat *there*?
> "Yes. Sorry. It's not...it's not a big deal. Don't worry about it."
> Keep going with our tale (if there's anything else meaningful to say).

>Probably.
>"Riiight," she says.
>You finish up the rest of the story quickly. "I'm going to have to say, that's some story," Tojiko says. "Did all that really happen?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 06, 2018, 09:02:12 pm
> "Yes. I've no idea what is causing it, though. Ah, would it be okay if we switched locations?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 06, 2018, 10:10:10 pm
> "Yes. I've no idea what is causing it, though. Ah, would it be okay if we switched locations?"

>"Yeah, I think maybe that would be better for you," says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 07, 2018, 02:30:07 am
> Uncover our eyes and focus on Tojiko. Ignore that other thing.
> Maneuver ourselves to stand where she is...floating, in the hopes she will also move to where we currently are.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 07, 2018, 02:52:24 am
> Uncover our eyes and focus on Tojiko. Ignore that other thing.
> Maneuver ourselves to stand where she is...floating, in the hopes she will also move to where we currently are.

>Tojiko swaps places with you without any fuss.
>"So, you went through the temple, but nothing happened again," Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 07, 2018, 03:51:27 am
> "Nothing has happened since, no. I don't suppose you have felt strange or worried at all recently either?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 07, 2018, 05:07:18 am
> "Nothing has happened since, no. I don't suppose you have felt strange or worried at all recently either?"

>Tojiko shakes her head. "Maybe a little annoyed, but nothing like you've been talking about. I'll be honest, that's really weird."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 07, 2018, 06:07:50 am
>"Oh! That reminds me, do you have any magical trinkets or hot sauces you can give me? I wanted to get into the Scarlet Devil Mansion's library to read about this, but I need something Patchouli would like."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 07, 2018, 11:31:13 am
> do you have any magical trinkets or hot sauces you can give me

> Change this to "do you know where I can obtain any magical trinkets or hot sauces".

Given the current social situation between our two groups, it'd be best not to ask Tojiko to just give us stuff after bothering her like this.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 07, 2018, 07:42:27 pm
>"Oh! That reminds me, do you have any magical trinkets or hot sauces you can give me? I wanted to get into the Scarlet Devil Mansion's library to read about this, but I need something Patchouli would like."

> Change this to "do you know where I can obtain any magical trinkets or hot sauces".

>"Not off the top of my head, no," she says, frowning a little. "Doesn't that shop in the forest that you guys run carrying things like that?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 07, 2018, 07:51:08 pm
>Check our memory. Does it?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 07, 2018, 10:17:11 pm
>Check our memory. Does it?

>Kourindou's stock is always changing, as people trade in goods for other goods.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 08, 2018, 04:41:52 am
>"It... might, I'll have to check again."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 08, 2018, 05:06:52 am
>"It... might, I'll have to check again."

>"That's where I would look," says Tojiko. "Then maybe hound some other magicians."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 12, 2018, 12:38:09 am
> "Right, I will."
> "Anyway...if you haven't noticed anything, I guess I'm out of leads. Beyond finding something to give to someone that has lots of general knowledge."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 12, 2018, 12:40:08 am
> "Right, I will."
> "Anyway...if you haven't noticed anything, I guess I'm out of leads. Beyond finding something to give to someone that has lots of general knowledge."

>"Well. I guess we could ask the prince," says Tojiko. "I don't think she would mind."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 12, 2018, 12:42:25 am
> "...Where is she?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 12, 2018, 12:45:09 am
> "...Where is she?"

>"She was talking a walk when I left," says Tojiko. "So she should be around the farms."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 12, 2018, 12:47:44 am
> Do we know where those are?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: the old guy on October 12, 2018, 02:27:15 am
///Unrelated to current events but,  Shou is the avatar of a God of Generosity, and we have almost no money. Maybe, she could lend us some cash to help on our journey?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 12, 2018, 02:29:36 am
> Do we know where those are?

>You passed some to get here.  They are scattered all around human town, mostly to the north and south.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 12, 2018, 02:30:28 am
> "That...could be doable."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 12, 2018, 03:50:51 am
> "That...could be doable."

>"She's having a meeting with all her sword friends today," Tojiko says. "So even if we can't find her easily we can go there."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 12, 2018, 05:14:15 am
> Did we know about a sword friends meeting?
> Do we know about any magician meetings involving Hijiri?
> "We wouldn't be bothering them, would we?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 12, 2018, 08:11:56 am
> Did we know about a sword friends meeting?
> Do we know about any magician meetings involving Hijiri?
> "We wouldn't be bothering them, would we?"

>In a vague sense; you heard about it from Byakuren while she was rehearsing for that weird play.
>You know about them in general: every month, magicians meet up and have social time together. In theory, they are supposed to be working together to further their knowledge, but in reality it seems they just get together for supper, gossip, and drinks. Byakuren suggests they don't really achieve much, but everyone seems to have a good time.
>"Probably not," says Tojiko. "Last time they met, most of what happened seemed to be some games of go."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 12, 2018, 10:41:47 am
> "Well...all right, yes. I would like to visit them, yes. Thank you."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 12, 2018, 07:29:09 pm
> "Well...all right, yes. I would like to visit them, yes. Thank you."

>"Don't mention it," says Tojiko. "The Crown Prince has been in a curious mood to try and make some kind gestures toward you all for awhile."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on October 12, 2018, 08:16:09 pm
> "Huh. Well, all right. I can wait until you're done here, of course."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 13, 2018, 12:26:56 am
> "Huh. Well, all right. I can wait until you're done here, of course."

>"I was just browsing on my way out," she says. "But how about you?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 13, 2018, 12:34:11 am
> "I only came here looking for you. If you are done, then so am I."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 13, 2018, 03:35:20 am
> "I only came here looking for you. If you are done, then so am I."

>"Not going to get a cucumber to feed to your pet tiger?" Tojiko says with a smirk, as she starts to float toward the edge of the market.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 13, 2018, 03:49:50 am
> Scowl a bit, but say nothing. We don't need to rise to that bait.
> Still, follow her.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 13, 2018, 05:30:37 am
> Scowl a bit, but say nothing. We don't need to rise to that bait.
> Still, follow her.

>She lets her smirk drop and makes her way out. "Does she eat cucumbers?" Tojiko says. "I mean, you're supposed to be vegetarians and all, but she is a tiger, so I'm wondering?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 13, 2018, 09:10:27 am
> ...Does she?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 13, 2018, 09:54:41 am
> ...Does she?

>Shou eats like everyone else does. Granted, she'll put a much flavoring in her rice as she can get away with, and is most likely of anyone to cheatm but she tries her best,

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 13, 2018, 12:15:03 pm
> "Truth be told, I do not know about cucumbers in particular. She does eat as the rest of us do, though."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 13, 2018, 06:31:09 pm
> "Truth be told, I do not know about cucumbers in particular. She does eat as the rest of us do, though."

>"That's a little surprising, Tojiko says, "It always seemed like she would give you guys a hard time."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 13, 2018, 07:25:07 pm
> "That's understandable. And I think it might be a little hard for her, sometimes. But she does what we all do."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 13, 2018, 07:42:26 pm
> "That's understandable. And I think it might be a little hard for her, sometimes. But she does what we all do."

>"Well, that is respectable," says Tojiko. "I'll be honest, my family never had the best relation with buddhism to start with."
>"You have a hard time hearing what she is saying toward the end, as you ears start ringing and you have to make an effort to keep from stumbling with a sudden sense of lost balance.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 13, 2018, 07:55:20 pm
> Grunt, come to a stop, and cover our ears with a grimace of aggravation, if not outright pain.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 13, 2018, 09:49:52 pm
> Grunt, come to a stop, and cover our ears with a grimace of aggravation, if not outright pain.

>You grunt and stop. Thankfully, it doesn't hurt, it's just a little annoying.
>"Hey, what are you...-" Tojiko says, but her voice grows too distant. Everything grows distant, as you feel pressure and wetness all around you.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on October 13, 2018, 10:02:53 pm
>Look around, and up.
>Try to call out. "Hello?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 13, 2018, 10:57:43 pm
>Look around, and up.
>Try to call out. "Hello?"

>You look around, and see water, in every direction. As well, you can see what looks like ruined houses around you, little things. Were these the kappa homes? They look to be in the right place. Ahead you can see trees, stately and absolutely out of place. Above, there is only more water.
>You call out. The water distorts your voice, but you think its intelligible. There is no reply.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on October 13, 2018, 11:00:45 pm
>Wait... so we seem to be in the same place, minus the people, and absolutely drowned in water?
>Is there anything significant remotely nearby? A ruined house or shop... or heck, any junk on the ground we could pick up to see if it came back with us.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 04:27:04 am
>Wait... so we seem to be in the same place, minus the people, and absolutely drowned in water?
>Is there anything significant remotely nearby? A ruined house or shop... or heck, any junk on the ground we could pick up to see if it came back with us.

>You think so.
>There are many ruined houses. Around your feet seem to be some anemones.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 14, 2018, 05:05:07 am
> Try grabbing an anemone and pulling it out of the ground.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 05:14:33 am
> Try grabbing an anemone and pulling it out of the ground.

>You grab an anemone. It is a little difficult to just pick one up, but you do. It feels gross in your hands.
>You obtained: Anemone.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 14, 2018, 05:18:14 am
> Ignore the grossness and begin swimming upward. It solved the problem last time, hopefully it'll do so this time too!
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on October 14, 2018, 05:35:41 am
> Do we want to resolve the problem right now though? This is really just running away from it. There haven't been any serious things to come from it yet... Perhaps we should explore...
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 14, 2018, 05:39:14 am
> Ergh...that's true...we have more clues now than before.
> Rather than swimming upward, try swimming toward the ruined houses.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 05:53:27 am
> Ergh...that's true...we have more clues now than before.
> Rather than swimming upward, try swimming toward the ruined houses.

>You make your way toward the houses.
>Looking more closely, you find they aren't actually ruined. Overgrown with seaweed, barnacles, and other ocean bottom life, but not actually damaged. Perhaps it would be a matter of time; salt water can destroy just about anything you've seen, given enough time, but for now, they seem to be in good condition.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 14, 2018, 05:54:08 am
> Make our way all the over to one and check what's inside.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on October 14, 2018, 06:01:27 am
> Any significant size differences to them?

> Would we consider this a village, a few neighboring houses, or even a city?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 07:24:53 am
> Make our way all the over to one and check what's inside.

> Any significant size differences to them?
> Would we consider this a village, a few neighboring houses, or even a city?


>Some of the buildings are smaller, others are large enough to house a family.
>You are pretty certain this is the kappa village.
>You make your way over to a kappa home and open the door, which gives you no difficulty. Inside the house, some of the furniture is more or less in its proper place; while the rest is floating against the ceiling. There is a lot of stuff floating against the ceiling, in fact. Loose bits of paper, smaller wooden things, bottles. Some heavier items seem to be in their proper place, while others have been scattered across the floor by the furniture they rested on trying to float away."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 14, 2018, 07:28:29 am
> Did we see any sign of kappa life in the village?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 07:31:25 am
> Did we see any sign of kappa life in the village?

>In terms of sea life, there's all kinds of seaweed, anemones, and barnacles. In terms of kappa, there is nothing. Which is strange, you don't think they would be...terribly bothered by this? Maybe they can't handle salt water?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 14, 2018, 07:32:30 am
> Leave the house and go back 'outside'.
> Look upward. How deep does this water appear to be?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 07:33:05 am
> Leave the house and go back 'outside'.
> Look upward. How deep does this water appear to be?

>Looking up, you cannot see the surface.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 14, 2018, 07:35:47 am
> Well, we can't exactly go around looting houses...what if it turns out that we're actually doing that, and it's not just a hallucination?
> Head back over to where we were with Tojiko before this happened, then try to swim upward as much as we can.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 07:39:51 am
> Well, we can't exactly go around looting houses...what if it turns out that we're actually doing that, and it's not just a hallucination?
> Head back over to where we were with Tojiko before this happened, then try to swim upward as much as we can.

>You return, roughly, back to where you first entered this place and swim upward.
>You swim and swim for a good few minutes, and don't see any signs of the surface. You do pass by many fish, eels, and other sea creatures. Looking downward...you can't see the ocean floor, either. Whatever light there is, it simply doesn't reach down far enough.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 14, 2018, 07:43:44 am
> What the...?
> When we were on the ground, it was reasonably lit up, right?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 08:04:04 am
> What the...?
> When we were on the ground, it was reasonably lit up, right?

>It seemed that way.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 14, 2018, 08:09:45 am
> Hmm...
> How bothered by our presence did the various sea creatures seem?
> If they did not seem bothered by our presence, continue swimming upward in search of more eels, and when we find one quite close to us, try grabbing it.
> If they did seem bothered by our presence, swim back down to the ground.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 08:14:03 am
> Hmm...
> How bothered by our presence did the various sea creatures seem?
> If they did not seem bothered by our presence, continue swimming upward in search of more eels, and when we find one quite close to us, try grabbing it.
> If they did seem bothered by our presence, swim back down to the ground.

>They don't seem especially bothered.
>You find an eel, and grab it! Now the eel is bothered! It flops and thrashes around in your hand, trying to escape!

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 14, 2018, 08:18:19 am
> Get a grip on it with both hands! Hopefully it'll zap us or something and we'll be shaken out of this!
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 09:07:17 am
> Get a grip on it with both hands! Hopefully it'll zap us or something and we'll be shaken out of this!

>It does not seem to be an electric eel, but it does reach around and bite you in the hand! It's not a pleasant experience, but you do not not "wake up" or anything like that. You just ache.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 14, 2018, 05:52:04 pm
>Swim down a few minutes. Does the ocean floor come back into view, or did we teleport ourselves into an infinite ocean?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 07:19:13 pm
>Swim down a few minutes. Does the ocean floor come back into view, or did we teleport ourselves into an infinite ocean?

>Do you try to hold the eel along the way?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 14, 2018, 07:39:10 pm
>Yeah, hold onto the eel. If we find our way back to the regular mountain it'd be useful to see what happens to things from here.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: meow56 on October 14, 2018, 07:43:31 pm
>Yeah, hold onto the eel. If we find our way back to the regular mountain it'd be useful to see what happens to things from here.
>Let it go; we already have a far less dangerous anemone in our possession.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 14, 2018, 07:48:35 pm
I only wanted the eel to get it to shock us, in the hopes that that would somehow be Tojiko. As the person who caught it, I'd say

> Let the eel go.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 14, 2018, 08:13:58 pm
>Yeah, hold onto the eel. If we find our way back to the regular mountain it'd be useful to see what happens to things from here.
>Let it go; we already have a far less dangerous anemone in our possession.
> Let the eel go.

>You consider keeping it, but let it go and make your way downward while trying to ignore the ache in your hand. With the help of gravity, you soon find your way back to the sea floor. Here is nothing but forest; the kappa village is only barely visible in the distance.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 15, 2018, 12:35:38 am
>You consider keeping it, but let it go and make your way downward while trying to ignore the ache in your hand. With the help of gravity, you soon find your way back to the sea floor. Here is nothing but forest; the kappa village is only barely visible in the distance.

>_
> Where exactly is the ache in the hand ? It could be useful to see the effect ,and bring it to examine ,once the Ticket-to-Dry-Land is hit..
>Do the forest match the Youkai Mountain Forest we passed to reach the Kappa Village ?In the same sea-dunk and well-adjusted condition?
>Look behind in the opposite direction of the Village,if nothing standing out is noted,look back,keep track of it then tree-approaching.
>Properly examine and feel it it is a Youkai Mountain forest tree which has been recently submerged in ocean water...
>Does the supposedly deep-fathom pressure do not affect the trees and vegetation?What about those houses and the items inside?
>All seems to be behaving as if properly under salty waters apart from some issuues such as  things at the bottom being so well-preserved as if they were smoothly  and only fairly recently displaced with their own lighting which does not,or with much difficulty,travel upwards...
>The other time ended up on top of the Temple roof without realizing but with actual movement,flight and phasing out....
> Could this mean that while here feels like sea-diving in this ocean-with-bits-of-Gensokyo-at-the-bottom dimension,in the real Gensokyo there's a case ,in front of Tojiko the Taoist nonethless ,about a sudden disappearance or maybe a sleepwalk-like of a Buddhist Ghost Sailor who would be this time be found having climbed down or up the Mountain?
>As if this place,or whoever is behind this,was pulling more and more pieces of Gensokyo first pulling in a living being,or rather a ghostly being,as an anchor and then bits of the environment alongside herself...
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 15, 2018, 02:25:55 am
> Where exactly is the ache in the hand ? It could be useful to see the effect ,and bring it to examine ,once the Ticket-to-Dry-Land is hit..
>Do the forest match the Youkai Mountain Forest we passed to reach the Kappa Village ?In the same sea-dunk and well-adjusted condition?
>Look behind in the opposite direction of the Village,if nothing standing out is noted,look back,keep track of it then tree-approaching.
>Properly examine and feel it it is a Youkai Mountain forest tree which has been recently submerged in ocean water...
>Does the supposedly deep-fathom pressure do not affect the trees and vegetation?What about those houses and the items inside?
>All seems to be behaving as if properly under salty waters apart from some issuues such as  things at the bottom being so well-preserved as if they were smoothly  and only fairly recently displaced with their own lighting which does not,or with much difficulty,travel upwards...
>The other time ended up on top of the Temple roof without realizing but with actual movement,flight and phasing out....
> Could this mean that while here feels like sea-diving in this ocean-with-bits-of-Gensokyo-at-the-bottom dimension,in the real Gensokyo there's a case ,in front of Tojiko the Taoist nonethless ,about a sudden disappearance or maybe a sleepwalk-like of a Buddhist Ghost Sailor who would be this time be found having climbed down or up the Mountain?
>As if this place,or whoever is behind this,was pulling more and more pieces of Gensokyo first pulling in a living being,or rather a ghostly being,as an anchor and then bits of the environment alongside herself...

>It is on the side of your left hand, which is bleeding a little.
>It seems to resemble that forest, at least.
>Looking away from the village, you don't see anything particularly different before your visibility fails you.
>You swim down to one of the trees and feel it. It is indeed a proper tree, a black-thing with few leaves and a lot of nasty-looking branches.
>That's true, the water pressure isn't affecting anything. At least that you can see.
>You have no idea how this must look to people who aren't here. Can they even see you?
>You have no idea.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 15, 2018, 05:51:58 am
>How far away do we feel from where we and Tojiko were?
>Does anything look distinct enough to easily find if/when we return to the non-flooded Gensokyo?
>Can we taste the water and compare it to normal ocean water, if we remember the taste of the latter?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 15, 2018, 07:13:40 am
>How far away do we feel from where we and Tojiko were?
>Does anything look distinct enough to easily find if/when we return to the non-flooded Gensokyo?
>Can we taste the water and compare it to normal ocean water, if we remember the taste of the latter?

>It's hard to tell. Probably some hundreds of yards?
>Not immediately, but you could probably find some minot landmark and memorize it.
>It tastes exact like salt water you would find in the ocean. Or the sea.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 15, 2018, 02:35:41 pm
>Look around for any easily-recognizable minor landmarks - a weird tree, perhaps?
>If we find them, try digging a small hole next to it or otherwise marking it, so we can see if that carries over to regular Gensokyo.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 15, 2018, 09:43:58 pm
>Look around for any easily-recognizable minor landmarks - a weird tree, perhaps?
>If we find them, try digging a small hole next to it or otherwise marking it, so we can see if that carries over to regular Gensokyo.

>Looking around, you find a tree with a distinct sort of Y-shaped split in the trunk.
>Touching down near it, you scoop out some mud from the ocean floor.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 16, 2018, 06:09:28 am
>How high is Youkai Mountain from where we are? With the level of water we saw while swimming up, can we assume the entire mountain has been submerged?
>Is the mountain the highest point in Gensokyo?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 16, 2018, 08:40:21 am
>How high is Youkai Mountain from where we are? With the level of water we saw while swimming up, can we assume the entire mountain has been submerged?
>Is the mountain the highest point in Gensokyo?

>You are currently on the ground, so it is much higher than you.
>You're not sure, actually, but surely it is among the highest. The gates to the netherworld may be higher, but you are certainly not going to check that yourself.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 16, 2018, 02:47:14 pm
>Swim up again, this time for a while. See if we can figure out if the sea water is higher than Youkai Mountain or not.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 16, 2018, 08:14:28 pm
>Swim up again, this time for a while. See if we can figure out if the sea water is higher than Youkai Mountain or not.

>You begin to swim upward again.
>After about a minute of this, the world suddenly shifts in the space of an eyeblink. The water is gone, the sky is bright and clear. You hand no longer hurts. You can see Gensokyo as you know it around you. You are falling, and should probably do something about that.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 16, 2018, 08:45:57 pm
> Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa catch ourselves and slow to a stop!
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 16, 2018, 09:01:47 pm
> Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa catch ourselves and slow to a stop!

>You cry out reflexively and catch yourself as you fall. It takes a bit of work to slow your momentum; you're only a few yards above the dense leafless treetops of the forest outside of the kappa village by the time you come to a complete stop.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 16, 2018, 09:07:22 pm
>Check our inventory to see if the anemone changed when we returned to regular Gensokyo.
>Return to where we were before changing worlds and see if Tojiko is still hanging around.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 16, 2018, 11:00:58 pm
>Check our inventory to see if the anemone changed when we returned to regular Gensokyo.
>Return to where we were before changing worlds and see if Tojiko is still hanging around.

>You do not seem to have an anemone onhand, or anything of the sort. You note as well that you no longer have a bite mark on your hand.
>You make your way back toward the village, covering a little distance before you hear her shout "There you are!" from below.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on October 16, 2018, 11:26:02 pm
>Fly over to Tojiko.
>"That was it! It happened again!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 16, 2018, 11:32:59 pm
>Fly over to Tojiko.
>"That was it! It happened again!"

>You don't fly over to her so much as downward. Which involves picking your way through the tangled canopy of branches that is thick enough to leave the forest below quite gloomy despite the lack of leaves.
>Tojiko waits by a tree as you work your way through. "I thought as such. You just sort of went fuzzy and disappeared."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on October 16, 2018, 11:41:47 pm
>"Jeez... at least I got a witness this time. Again, everything was underwater. But this time, I could tell I was in the same place. Could see the kappa homes and everything."
>Frown. "I tried to take something back, but it all disappeared. Heck, I even got bit by an eel, and the bite disappeared the second I came back!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Thata no Guykoro on October 17, 2018, 12:05:00 am
>"I dug a small hole by a nearby weird-looking tree. Do you want to go see if that vanished too? It probably did, but it doesn't hurt to check."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 17, 2018, 12:56:43 am
>"Jeez... at least I got a witness this time. Again, everything was underwater. But this time, I could tell I was in the same place. Could see the kappa homes and everything."
>Frown. "I tried to take something back, but it all disappeared. Heck, I even got bit by an eel, and the bite disappeared the second I came back!"

>"Why were you getting bitten by eels?" says Tojiko.

>"I dug a small hole by a nearby weird-looking tree. Do you want to go see if that vanished too? It probably did, but it doesn't hurt to check."

>"We'll go have a look," says Tojiko, "But the way you're talking, I wouldn't hold my breath for finding anything."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 17, 2018, 01:46:10 am
> "I, uh, I grabbed an eel in the hopes it would shock me and wake me up from whatever was going. I think part of me was hoping you would try the same thing on me."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 17, 2018, 03:03:05 am
> "I, uh, I grabbed an eel in the hopes it would shock me and wake me up from whatever was going. I think part of me was hoping you would try the same thing on me."

>"I'm not even going to question that," says Tojiko, as you finally get through the canopy and land near her. "But, are you okay?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 17, 2018, 03:03:52 am
> "As much as I can be, I think. Thanks."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 17, 2018, 03:23:40 am
> "As much as I can be, I think. Thanks."

>Tojiko nods. "Good. You look a bit rattled, but fine otherwise. Needed to be sure, though."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 17, 2018, 03:35:27 am
> "Of course. Let's go see if we can find that hole."
> Shove off toward where we dug that hole before.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 17, 2018, 08:48:55 pm
> "Of course. Let's go see if we can find that hole."
> Shove off toward where we dug that hole before.

>Tojiko nods, and the two of you start to look around. It takes a couple minutes for you to find that Y-shaped tree, and there appears to be no holes near it.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 17, 2018, 09:41:45 pm
> Frown.
> "Nothing."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 17, 2018, 10:22:10 pm
> Frown.
> "Nothing."

>"Is that a bad thing, though?" says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 17, 2018, 10:52:44 pm
> "I'm...not sure yet."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 18, 2018, 12:37:45 am
> "I'm...not sure yet."

>She nods. "I can see feel that way. On one hand, it's all in your head and you're going crazy. On the other, something is happening and only you have seen it. I'm not sure which is better from your point of view."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 18, 2018, 12:41:20 am
> Nod.
> "Exactly."
> "...If it happens again, I may try to latch onto someone. Just in case."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 18, 2018, 12:44:31 am
> Nod.
> "Exactly."
> "...If it happens again, I may try to latch onto someone. Just in case."

>"Do not just hug me in public, please," says Tojiko, frowning. "Especially if you're trying to drag me into some waterlogged hell!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 18, 2018, 03:43:13 am
> "Not a hug, certainly! Just, like, grabbing someone's wrist or something."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 18, 2018, 05:10:08 am
> "Not a hug, certainly! Just, like, grabbing someone's wrist or something."

>"I think that's still a bad idea," says Tojiko. "What if it worked?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 18, 2018, 05:11:56 am
> We've been surviving in that water because we don't need to breathe, correct?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 18, 2018, 10:05:20 am
> We've been surviving in that water because we don't need to breathe, correct?

>As far as you can tell.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 18, 2018, 11:02:11 pm
> "...I suppose that's true."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 19, 2018, 12:10:19 am
> "...I suppose that's true."

>"So, you're not hurt," says Tojiko. "And you're not feeling worse, right?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2018, 02:43:33 am
> Do we feel any worse than our default state with the general existential dread?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 19, 2018, 04:27:55 am
> Do we feel any worse than our default state with the general existential dread?

>Not that's you've noticed.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on October 19, 2018, 12:15:49 pm
>"Well, that's right. But this trip did last a LOT longer than the first one."
>...hmm. Getting displaced somewhere else... do we know about Sumireko/did that happen yet? Although she barely even understands what's happening to -her-, so she probably wouldn't be a big help.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 19, 2018, 07:41:40 pm
>"Well, that's right. But this trip did last a LOT longer than the first one."
>...hmm. Getting displaced somewhere else... do we know about Sumireko/did that happen yet? Although she barely even understands what's happening to -her-, so she probably wouldn't be a big help.

>"Mmm, that's a point," says Tojiko, frowning a little.
>You have not heard of any Sumirekos.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2018, 12:48:05 am
> "Maybe it'd just be for the best if we found your matriarch and her sword friends."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 20, 2018, 01:14:48 am
> "Maybe it'd just be for the best if we found your matriarch and her sword friends."

>Tojiko nods. "Yeah, if only so you can have a good chair to sit in for awhile," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2018, 01:16:17 am
> "Right."
> Head in the direction of the farms.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 20, 2018, 01:27:23 am
> "Right."
> Head in the direction of the farms.

>You head westward, leaving the darkened forest behind for the much brighter and cheerier one further down the foothills. Soon enough, you leave that behind as too and ver toward town, farms ahead in the distance.
>"So does the temple get cramped, with all those people in it?" Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2018, 02:40:11 am
> What kind of person flow does our home regularly see?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 20, 2018, 03:04:58 am
> What kind of person flow does our home regularly see?

>Temple visitors tend not to be a problem. Nue and Mamizou come and go.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2018, 05:18:34 am
> Shake our head.
> "Our home is not so tightly packed, thankfully. What about yours?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 20, 2018, 05:25:59 am
> Shake our head.
> "Our home is not so tightly packed, thankfully. What about yours?"

>"Well, things are spacious, but we still have a way of tripping over each other," sats Tojiko. "Particularly when Miss Kaku visits."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2018, 10:32:53 am
> "Ah, of course. We can get in each other's ways on occasion, but I think that's just natural. It doesn't happen all the time, at least."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 20, 2018, 06:59:03 pm
> "Ah, of course. We can get in each other's ways on occasion, but I think that's just natural. It doesn't happen all the time, at least."

>"Certainly seems to happen all the time for us," Tojiko says, not exactly grumbling.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2018, 07:02:46 pm
> Keep our tone casual as well, not mocking or smug.
> "That's kind of surprising, honestly. Aren't you all about isolation, at least to a degree?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 20, 2018, 07:08:40 pm
> Keep our tone casual as well, not mocking or smug.
> "That's kind of surprising, honestly. Aren't you all about isolation, at least to a degree?"

>"You'd think so," says Tojiko. "But I think that has the side effect of forgetting how not to be in the way."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2018, 07:24:40 pm
> How much about the Taoists' pasts do we know?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 20, 2018, 07:33:00 pm
> How much about the Taoists' pasts do we know?

>You know who they used to be, but not the particular details.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2018, 07:48:59 pm
> Chuckle good-naturedly.
> "I suppose. How did you all come to meet, anyway? I understand you were nobles, but not really anything beyond that."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 20, 2018, 11:13:50 pm
> Chuckle good-naturedly.
> "I suppose. How did you all come to meet, anyway? I understand you were nobles, but not really anything beyond that."

>"Well, I was the Crown Prince's consort," Tojiko says. "We of the Soga clan did all the work in those days. The Mononobe and other big names simply got their appointments from the emperor because they had ancient names that could claim being descendants of various gods. It was a real pain for us. Futo, well, she was just who they had in court. We obviously disagreed rather heavily over, well, your religion. As for Seiga, well, she just sort of showed up one day, and caught the Crown Prince's interest."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2018, 11:33:24 pm
> Look mildly shocked.
> "That's...I mean this with no offense whatsoever, but that sounds kind of rag-tag, at least as nobles go. I'm impressed that you four have stuck together, in a way."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 20, 2018, 11:46:07 pm
> Look mildly shocked.
> "That's...I mean this with no offense whatsoever, but that sounds kind of rag-tag, at least as nobles go. I'm impressed that you four have stuck together, in a way."

>"For us, it hasn't been quite so long. We were interred together for some time," Tojiko says. "These days, it is only nature we'd stay together. The world is unfamiliar and chaotic."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2018, 01:13:32 am
> "That is true. Presumably your disagreements have come to an end, or are at least less vehement?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 21, 2018, 03:34:06 am
> "That is true. Presumably your disagreements have come to an end, or are at least less vehement?"

>"Oh yes, the whole thing is obsolete by this point," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2018, 04:44:50 am
> "That is good. Though...does that mean...that, ah, your status is as well? You in particular, I mean."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 21, 2018, 04:55:44 am
> "That is good. Though...does that mean...that, ah, your status is as well? You in particular, I mean."

>"My status?" she says, frowning. "Oh! Oh, you mean that! Well. I'll be honest, we're still kind of figuring that out..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2018, 05:15:44 am
> "Oh. I'm sorry, I shouldn't ask about such private things, then."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 21, 2018, 06:54:50 am
> "Oh. I'm sorry, I shouldn't ask about such private things, then."

>"It's nothing to worry about," she says. "Frankly, you're the first person who's ever really cared."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2018, 11:05:50 am
> Blink.
> "...Really? Surely you all have made all sorts of friends here in Gensokyo."
> Grimace.
> "Er, sorry, I didn't mean that in a bad way. Hopefully you know what I meant."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 21, 2018, 07:08:20 pm
> Blink.
> "...Really? Surely you all have made all sorts of friends here in Gensokyo."
> Grimace.
> "Er, sorry, I didn't mean that in a bad way. Hopefully you know what I meant."

>"No, I understand what you meant," says Tojiko. "I mean, you're the first who's really asked about that."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2018, 07:13:45 pm
> "Right, okay, good. It's still a bit surprising. But maybe I'm just rougher than most, in thinking such a thing is okay to just ask about."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 21, 2018, 07:14:42 pm
> "Right, okay, good. It's still a bit surprising. But maybe I'm just rougher than most, in thinking such a thing is okay to just ask about."

>"Maybe," says Tojiko, "But we won't worry about that."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2018, 07:17:42 pm
> "Much appreciated. And I hope things work out for the best for you, whatever direction you take."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 21, 2018, 07:25:31 pm
> "Much appreciated. And I hope things work out for the best for you, whatever direction you take."

>"Who knows? It's complicated," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2018, 07:26:21 pm
> "Of course."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 21, 2018, 07:39:56 pm
> "Of course."

>"That said, I'm surprised you all aren't in some seven or eight way tug of war for your head monk's affections," Tojiko says.
>By now, the two of you are walking among the farms, Tojiko is idly looking around.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2018, 07:41:41 pm
> Have we ourselves ever harbored such thoughts for ourselves?
> Are we aware of any such internal tension?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 21, 2018, 08:10:08 pm
> Have we ourselves ever harbored such thoughts for ourselves?
> Are we aware of any such internal tension?

>Not seriously.
>...Maybe a tad be almost-but-not-quite seriously. Frankly, you suspect just about everyone has. But it's not something you think anyone would try for; she IS Hijiri, after all. It would be disrespectful, wouldn't it? ...Maybe Nue or Mamizou would try something, but they have not to your knowledge.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2018, 08:13:24 pm
> Look around as she does.
> "I suspect anyone that has considered it has also considered how it would come across, both to Hijiri and to everyone else."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 21, 2018, 10:07:15 pm
> Look around as she does.
> "I suspect anyone that has considered it has also considered how it would come across, both to Hijiri and to everyone else."

>Looking around, you don't see any signs of distinctive owl hair.
>"Too timid, then?" Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2018, 10:17:03 pm
> "Not timid so much as respectful, I'd say."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 21, 2018, 11:21:23 pm
> "Not timid so much as respectful, I'd say."

>"That's just the same thing, isn't it?" she says. "We're both ghosts, we can be honest about this. Respectful is just what timid people say most of the time."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2018, 11:28:30 pm
> "...I guess you could put it like that, yeah. Too timid to cause a disturbance, because none of us wants to lose what we would lose by trying."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 22, 2018, 12:47:42 am
> "...I guess you could put it like that, yeah. Too timid to cause a disturbance, because none of us wants to lose what we would lose by trying."

>She chuckles. "That's so silly! But adorable in its own way."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2018, 12:50:51 am
> Shrug with a sheepish grin.
> "Perhaps. For what it's worth, I myself have never seriously considered such a thing. I do think might be easier for you all to consider, though, since there's fewer of you, and two of you already had something established."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 22, 2018, 01:14:25 am
> Shrug with a sheepish grin.
> "Perhaps. For what it's worth, I myself have never seriously considered such a thing. I do think might be easier for you all to consider, though, since there's fewer of you, and two of you already had something established."

>"You think so," she says. "But it's complicated."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2018, 01:24:26 am
> Nod.
> "Right."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 22, 2018, 02:29:47 am
> Nod.
> "Right."

>"I don't think the Crown Prince is out here," Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2018, 02:53:14 am
> Look around again.
> Assuming we see no sign of Miko: "Yeah, U don't see anything like her either."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 22, 2018, 03:28:47 am
> Look around again.
> Assuming we see no sign of Miko: "Yeah, U don't see anything like her either."

>You see no signs of anyone but farmers.
>"Probably went to her meeting early, then," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2018, 03:31:15 am
> "Do you know where that may be?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 22, 2018, 05:45:44 am
> "Do you know where that may be?"

>"They have a barn they like to meet in on the north side of town," says Tojiko. "They've been trying to convince the owner to let them hang a flag on it."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on October 22, 2018, 12:25:28 pm
> "Sounds worth checking out to me."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 22, 2018, 07:28:21 pm
> "Sounds worth checking out to me."

>Tojiko nods, and starts to drift toward town.
>"Sooo, since this is supposed to be ghost to ghost," she says. "Do you, um, haunt things?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on October 22, 2018, 07:32:58 pm
> Follow!
> "I used to. Ships, as you could probably guess. It's been quite a while since I did so in any meaningful capacity, though. What about you?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 22, 2018, 07:55:07 pm
> Follow!
> "I used to. Ships, as you could probably guess. It's been quite a while since I did so in any meaningful capacity, though. What about you?"

>"I guess I was technically haunting the Mausoleum," she says. "But, I don't know, sometimes I just sort of feel like drifting around the graveyard. Or toward fires at night."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on October 22, 2018, 08:00:11 pm
> Do we invite ourselves into Gensokyo's more notable homes unannounced because it feels spiritually good and right to do so, or just because we're a social butterfly?
> Nod.
> "I gotcha. It just kinda...feels right, yeah?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 22, 2018, 09:41:00 pm
> Do we invite ourselves into Gensokyo's more notable homes unannounced because it feels spiritually good and right to do so, or just because we're a social butterfly?
> Nod.
> "I gotcha. It just kinda...feels right, yeah?"

>That almost feels like a chicken and egg question...
>"Especially fires at night," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2018, 10:13:18 pm
> "Yeah, yeah. For me, I like just up and visiting the fancier homes around the land. Scarlet Devil Mansion, Eientei, the Hieda House, places like those. Hell, if you all lived somewhere fancy and out in the open I'd probably be a regular there too. Hey, if you're all about night fires, maybe we could go camping some time."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 23, 2018, 01:43:12 am
> "Yeah, yeah. For me, I like just up and visiting the fancier homes around the land. Scarlet Devil Mansion, Eientei, the Hieda House, places like those. Hell, if you all lived somewhere fancy and out in the open I'd probably be a regular there too. Hey, if you're all about night fires, maybe we could go camping some time."

>"Do you think it counts if its our own fire?" Tojiko says, as she leads you into the village.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 23, 2018, 01:52:17 am
> "I think only you can make that judgment."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 23, 2018, 02:55:47 am
> "I think only you can make that judgment."

>"I don't think it does..." she says. "...unless we find some kind of ruin. Something like that."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 23, 2018, 03:42:34 am
> "Huh, interesting."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 23, 2018, 05:10:33 am
> "Huh, interesting."

>"...I'd almost suggest looking for one, if not for, you know..."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 23, 2018, 09:35:36 am
> "That's not a bad idea, if we get the immediate issue under control."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 23, 2018, 10:17:07 am
> "That's not a bad idea, if we get the immediate issue under control."

>She nods, as she leads you past the tavern, and roughly in the direction of the temple. "I wonder where we'd find some, though?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 23, 2018, 10:33:30 am
> "I'm not sure...I bet the red-white would know, though, We could always ask her."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 23, 2018, 07:03:19 pm
> "I'm not sure...I bet the red-white would know, though, We could always ask her."

>"I don't know if she would approve," says Tojiko. "Or rather, I don't know if she would give us the benefit of a doubt."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on October 23, 2018, 07:18:51 pm
> "We could always try the black-white, then."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 23, 2018, 08:04:15 pm
> "We could always try the black-white, then."

>"Much more likely to work out," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on October 23, 2018, 08:31:02 pm
> "Let's go with that, then. In retrospect, camping would probably be better spent with your maybe-wife than with me, anyway."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 23, 2018, 10:35:36 pm
> "Let's go with that, then. In retrospect, camping would probably be better spent with your maybe-wife than with me, anyway."

>"I suppose, but it's more of a ghost thing," she says. "And if the Crown Prince comes, Futo is going to tag along. Which means it's a party now, and Seiga will want to be there. And then she'll drag along Yoshika..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 23, 2018, 10:38:42 pm
> "You can't corner her and ask for a private one-night getaway? Ah...the whole running-into-each-other-all-the-time thing..."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 23, 2018, 11:13:14 pm
> "You can't corner her and ask for a private one-night getaway? Ah...the whole running-into-each-other-all-the-time thing..."

>"That, and it's not like Futo wouldn't find out," says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2018, 12:56:18 am
> "There's nothing stopping her from doing something similar with someone else, I'd say."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 24, 2018, 01:15:32 am
> "There's nothing stopping her from doing something similar with someone else, I'd say."

>"Maybe, but then we're cutting her out and she knows, and that's a problem," she says, as the two of you walk past Shou's store.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2018, 01:39:11 am
> Glance inside. Anyone in there?
> "I suppose that's true. Mmm, no wonder you were asking me about that sort of stuff earlier."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 24, 2018, 02:14:36 am
> Glance inside. Anyone in there?
> "I suppose that's true. Mmm, no wonder you were asking me about that sort of stuff earlier."

>It's hard to tell, but there may be someone?
>"It's complicated," Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2018, 02:16:47 am
> We ran into Rinnosuke in there earlier, right? So the shop does have someone in it running it.
> Nod.
> "Mmm."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 24, 2018, 02:23:31 am
> We ran into Rinnosuke in there earlier, right? So the shop does have someone in it running it.
> Nod.
> "Mmm."

>It does.
>Tojiko leads you off the main road, down a side street between some housing rows. It is fairly busy here; noisy but not overpowering as people go out their daily business. A few housewives gossip from their front porches while washing rice, a few chickens peck here and there, a cat sleeps on a stair.
>"So do you often go around like this?" she says.

>_

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2018, 03:15:57 am
> "Wandering? Yeah, but usually more at night than during the day."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 24, 2018, 04:33:55 am
> "Wandering? Yeah, but usually more at night than during the day."

>"I don't get to roam much," Tojiko says. "It just never really comes up, you know? Ah, there's the one, up ahead."
>Past the housing rows, you can see a few barns and grain storages. One of them seems to have the doors hanging open.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2018, 04:37:36 am
> "You should ask if you can get the opportunity more. It's important to get that sort of release once in a while, I think. Not to mention it might help the crowding problem, at least for you."
> Gesture at the open doors.
> "That one?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 24, 2018, 10:17:15 am
> "You should ask if you can get the opportunity more. It's important to get that sort of release once in a while, I think. Not to mention it might help the crowding problem, at least for you."
> Gesture at the open doors.
> "That one?"

>"It's not about asking, so much as just not thinking of it," Tojiko says. "And yes, that's the one."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2018, 10:43:25 am
> "All right. Hey, it seems to me like this would be a perfect opportunity to ask her about anything like that if you can pry her away from her other sword buddies for a moment or two."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 24, 2018, 09:27:56 pm
> "All right. Hey, it seems to me like this would be a perfect opportunity to ask her about anything like that if you can pry her away from her other sword buddies for a moment or two."

>"I suppose I could," says Tojiko. "But I don't know, it's kind of...public here?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2018, 10:36:05 pm
> "So pull her behind the barn or something."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 24, 2018, 11:14:39 pm
> "So pull her behind the barn or something."

>"We're still in the middle of town," says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2018, 11:25:50 pm
> Does the barn appear to have a second story?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 24, 2018, 11:47:11 pm
> Does the barn appear to have a second story?

>It does not.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2018, 11:55:25 pm
> "Shoot. Maybe there's a side room, or something? Just something to keep in mind if you get the opportunity."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 25, 2018, 02:30:38 am
> "Shoot. Maybe there's a side room, or something? Just something to keep in mind if you get the opportunity."

>"It's just a barn, unless they've expanded it the last time I've seen it."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2018, 02:57:31 am
> "Maybe some sort of opportunity will present itself. I dunno. Like I said, just keep it in mind, yeah? Anyway, let's head inside."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 25, 2018, 05:14:19 am
> "Maybe some sort of opportunity will present itself. I dunno. Like I said, just keep it in mind, yeah? Anyway, let's head inside."

>She nods and leads you inside.
>Inside is a barn, filled with stacks of hay and bundles of rice. Miko sits on the floor within another person: a woman with long purple hair, dressed in white clothing edged with red triangles. They seem to be playing a card game of some kind. "Oh, hello Tojiko," Miko says as she glances over. If she is at all surprised by your presence, she hides it well. "And Miss Murasa, was it?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2018, 10:49:25 am
> Nod.
> "Yep. Sorry to interrupt, but I need some advice."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 25, 2018, 07:59:11 pm
> Nod.
> "Yep. Sorry to interrupt, but I need some advice."

>"How unusual," Miko says, as she sets her cards down. "Well, you've convinced Tojiko of your need, so I will hear you happily."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2018, 10:19:37 pm
> "Thank you."
> Retell the story of our first unusual experiences this morning, from the first feelings that something is wrong to appearing on the roof of the Temple.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 25, 2018, 10:45:41 pm
> "Thank you."
> Retell the story of our first unusual experiences this morning, from the first feelings that something is wrong to appearing on the roof of the Temple.

>You summarize things, as Miko listens, nodding. Her purple-haired companion is quiet.
>"You have never teleported before, I take it?" Miko says as you finish.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2018, 11:15:48 pm
> Can we teleport? Does the pseudo-disappear we do count as teleporting?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 26, 2018, 01:40:34 am
> Can we teleport? Does the pseudo-disappear we do count as teleporting?

>No.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2018, 02:01:19 am
> Shake our head.
> "I can disappear-ish, but teleporting is outside my skill set."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 26, 2018, 02:11:18 am
> Shake our head.
> "I can disappear-ish, but teleporting is outside my skill set."

>"Hm. Yet you moved from place to the other," Miko says. "That is very curious. Is there anything else you would like to add?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2018, 02:19:15 am
> Nod.
> "Yeah, because it happened again later, for much longer."
> Recount the second such unusual happening, from when we started feeling particularly strange to when we reappeared and flew back down to the ground. Make sure to make note of the investigation of the kappa homes, the sea anemone we retrieved, and the eel bite that then vanished.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 26, 2018, 03:41:38 am
> Nod.
> "Yeah, because it happened again later, for much longer."
> Recount the second such unusual happening, from when we started feeling particularly strange to when we reappeared and flew back down to the ground. Make sure to make note of the investigation of the kappa homes, the sea anemone we retrieved, and the eel bite that then vanished.

>Miko listens again, patiently folking her arms.
>"I saw her disappear, too," says Tojiko. "Well, sort of saw. It was like she was there one moment, and gone the other."
>Miko nods. "How curious."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2018, 03:46:27 am
> "Yeah. And no one I've talked to yet shared the same feeling of unease, or has any idea what might be causing this. I'm also really not looking forward to how much further it will progress; if there weren't any Gensokyo buildings the first time, but there were the second time, will more and more stuff keep getting added, like other people?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 26, 2018, 04:00:13 am
> "Yeah. And no one I've talked to yet shared the same feeling of unease, or has any idea what might be causing this. I'm also really not looking forward to how much further it will progress; if there weren't any Gensokyo buildings the first time, but there were the second time, will more and more stuff keep getting added, like other people?"

>"People would be a problem, most of us can't breath underwater," says Tojiko.
>Miko nods. "I wonder if there is not something awry with the barrier?" she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2018, 04:17:44 am
> "Maybe? The red-white didn't seem especially bothered by anything earlier, but I guess it's possible something's wrong and she hasn't noticed. I'm hardly an expert, though."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 26, 2018, 05:34:38 am
> "Maybe? The red-white didn't seem especially bothered by anything earlier, but I guess it's possible something's wrong and she hasn't noticed. I'm hardly an expert, though."

>"If there is something going awry, that is certainly possible,"  Miko says. "However, you are not just slipping outside, but elsewhere, which makes it more difficult to say."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2018, 05:41:10 am
> "It's weird that wherever this 'elsewhere' is looks exactly like an underwater Gensokyo, though. Not to mention the sea anemone and the eel bite just...disappearing."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 26, 2018, 08:41:26 am
> "It's weird that wherever this 'elsewhere' is looks exactly like an underwater Gensokyo, though. Not to mention the sea anemone and the eel bite just...disappearing."

>"Maybe it was a dream?" says the purple-haired woman. "That's the only way I can think of to get hurt and then not be hurt."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on October 26, 2018, 12:03:58 pm
> "It may have been some sort of hallucination, but clearly something else is also happening if I am disappearing outright."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on October 26, 2018, 02:49:34 pm
>"Hmm... although it's been suggested this might be related to the dream world. Unfortunately, it's not easy to find the baku, Doremy Sweet."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 26, 2018, 07:34:27 pm
> "It may have been some sort of hallucination, but clearly something else is also happening if I am disappearing outright."

>"It's possible you are seeing something other than what is actually happening," Miko says, directed toward you but feeling as though she is lecturing the other person, too. "But I feel that is a poor path to consider without more evidence."

>"Hmm... although it's been suggested this might be related to the dream world. Unfortunately, it's not easy to find the baku, Doremy Sweet."

>"I cannot say I've met this person," says Miko, frowning a little.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 29, 2018, 12:22:07 am
> "Anyway, that's about all I know."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 29, 2018, 02:27:06 am
> "Anyway, that's about all I know."

>"I am afraid I must disappoint you," Miko says after a moment. "I fear I have no insights to offer you. Is there something else I could to do make up for this?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 29, 2018, 03:17:03 am
> Adopt a thinking expression for a few moments.
> "...Yeah. Two things, actually, if you don't mind. The first would be suggestions on who you think might know anything."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 29, 2018, 03:37:37 am
> Adopt a thinking expression for a few moments.
> "...Yeah. Two things, actually, if you don't mind. The first would be suggestions on who you think might know anything."

>"I'm sure I have no recommendations you have not considered," says Miko. "The gap youkai or the Hakurei Maiden would be my first suggestions, then perhaps Lady Yagokoro or Miss Knowledge. And, Miss Sweet, as we've noted. There may be some wisdom in consulting one of the tengu gossip mongers, too. They may not have much to add, but they may know if anyone else is bothered by this."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 29, 2018, 03:41:32 am
> Nod.
> "All right. Any the other I, uh, want only you to hear, if that's okay."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 29, 2018, 06:58:01 am
> Nod.
> "All right. Any the other I, uh, want only you to hear, if that's okay."

>She raises an eyebrow, then nods. "Very well. Tojiko, Meira, may we have a moment."
>"I guess so," says the purple-haired woman. She glances toward you and says, "Don't let her look at my cards."
>Tojiko just bows a little, and drifts off. Soon the two of you are alone.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 29, 2018, 10:36:22 am
> Keep looking at where they left to until we're sure they're gone, then turn back to Miko with the smallest traces of a grin.
> "My second request..."
> Nod our head back in the direction Tojiko left while still looking at Miko.
> "...is that you find a way to take your maybe-wife out camping. Just the two of you."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 29, 2018, 11:29:22 am
> Keep looking at where they left to until we're sure they're gone, then turn back to Miko with the smallest traces of a grin.
> "My second request..."
> Nod our head back in the direction Tojiko left while still looking at Miko.
> "...is that you find a way to take your maybe-wife out camping. Just the two of you."

>Miko frowns. "That is an interesting request, but then Futo would be left alone."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 29, 2018, 11:38:53 am
> "Yeah, I hear that's an issue. But I figured I'd ask anyway."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: the old guy on October 29, 2018, 09:14:27 pm
>"...Perhaps you could have someone watch over her while you two are away? Maybe Meira could perform such a task?

>"Unless there is some complications preventing something like that from happening that this little sea ghost isn't aware of."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 29, 2018, 09:54:17 pm
> "Yeah, I hear that's an issue. But I figured I'd ask anyway."

>"...Perhaps you could have someone watch over her while you two are away? Maybe Meira could perform such a task?
>"Unless there is some complications preventing something like that from happening that this little sea ghost isn't aware of."


>"It's not that she needs to be watched over," Miko says, "We are a trio, so one one is left out, it causes hurt feelings. I suppose we cuold ask Meira to take her somewhere, but Meira herself is not one for entertaining guests, if you understand my meaning."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 30, 2018, 04:56:12 am
> "Isn't there another one of you?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 30, 2018, 06:49:28 am
> "Isn't there another one of you?"

>"She...comes and goes, we'll say," Miko replies.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 30, 2018, 10:33:18 am
> "Mmm. No wonder the situation with you and your maybe-wife is having difficulty getting resolved."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 30, 2018, 10:55:14 am
> "Mmm. No wonder the situation with you and your maybe-wife is having difficulty getting resolved."

>"It is...more difficult than that," says Miko. "However, it is not my place to say more." She lowers her head for a moment. "Accept my apologies."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on October 30, 2018, 01:02:19 pm
> "Well, sure, okay. But I feel like...well, okay. Just for full disclosure, she didn't ask me to talk about this, and I don't think she thinks this is what I was going to ask about. But she did mention this situation to me without my prying very hard, which tells me it's something important to her to resolve in some fashion. So, like, far be it from me to tell you all how to handle your personal lives, but this seems like something that would be better addressed soon than left to fester for a long time. For all your sakes."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 30, 2018, 08:11:38 pm
> "Well, sure, okay. But I feel like...well, okay. Just for full disclosure, she didn't ask me to talk about this, and I don't think she thinks this is what I was going to ask about. But she did mention this situation to me without my prying very hard, which tells me it's something important to her to resolve in some fashion. So, like, far be it from me to tell you all how to handle your personal lives, but this seems like something that would be better addressed soon than left to fester for a long time. For all your sakes."

>She nods. "I appreciate your concern, but I do not think it is quite as apocalyptic as you fear. It is a little delicate."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on October 30, 2018, 08:20:54 pm
> Shrug.
> "Well, all right, if you say so. Uh, please don't tell her this is what I asked about, by the way."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 30, 2018, 09:15:05 pm
> Shrug.
> "Well, all right, if you say so. Uh, please don't tell her this is what I asked about, by the way."

>"Of course," says Miko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 30, 2018, 10:16:31 pm
> "I think that's it, then."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 30, 2018, 11:19:34 pm
> "I think that's it, then."

>"A question," she says. "Why did you approach Tojiko? It seems unusual."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 31, 2018, 12:07:36 am
> "No one else knew anything about what was going on, so I figured I'd ask a fellow ghost to see if she was experiencing anything similar."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 31, 2018, 02:12:25 am
> "No one else knew anything about what was going on, so I figured I'd ask a fellow ghost to see if she was experiencing anything similar."

>"Very well. Let her know that she has my blessings to assist as needs be," says Miko.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 31, 2018, 09:50:08 am
> "Okay, sure. Thanks."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 31, 2018, 10:06:23 am
> "Okay, sure. Thanks."

>"My apologies for knowing so little, once again," she says. "But I hope Tojiko can of some small help."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 31, 2018, 10:18:28 am
> "No worries. Everything you've been able to provide is appreciated."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 31, 2018, 10:33:16 am
> "No worries. Everything you've been able to provide is appreciated."

>"You are too kind," Miko says. "I will discreetly make some inquiries on my own for you; do not worry, I won't share any details or identifying aspects. I do not expect much, but perhaps I will be surprised."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 31, 2018, 10:35:27 am
> "It'd be appreciated, thank you. Do you want me to go get your card buddy back?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 31, 2018, 11:09:01 am
> "It'd be appreciated, thank you. Do you want me to go get your card buddy back?"

>Miko nods. "Yes, please send her back in."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 31, 2018, 11:10:31 am
> "All right."
> Scoot on over and retrieve the other person's cards, making sure to keep them facing us.
> Then head toward the door the other two left through.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 31, 2018, 11:11:57 am
> "All right."
> Scoot on over and retrieve the other person's cards, making sure to keep them facing us.
> Then head toward the door the other two left through.

>You head outside the barn, and find Tojiko and the other one are loitering a little ways away. Tojiko notices you and waves; as if she didn't already stick out.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 31, 2018, 11:32:09 am
> Wave back.
> "All set. Where'd she go?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 31, 2018, 08:06:00 pm
>"Where'd who go?" Toijiko says.
>"Wait, are those my cards?" says the Purple-haired woman.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on October 31, 2018, 08:22:15 pm
> "Oh."
> Look to the purple-haired woman.
> "They are, yes."
> Offer them to her face-down.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 31, 2018, 09:49:35 pm
> "Oh."
> Look to the purple-haired woman.
> "They are, yes."
> Offer them to her face-down.

>She accepts them, and returns to the meeting place.
>"So...?" Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 31, 2018, 10:33:14 pm
> "So I guess I'm off to see if Reimu had any ideas. She said you have her blessing to assist me, which I'm also fine with, but ultimately that's up to you."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on October 31, 2018, 10:54:21 pm
> "So I guess I'm off to see if Reimu had any ideas. She said you have her blessing to assist me, which I'm also fine with, but ultimately that's up to you."

>"Huh," says Tojiko. "Well, I guess I'm not doing much else today. Can I drop off these groceries first?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 31, 2018, 11:37:52 pm
> "Sure. Uh, how far inside am I allowed to go?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 01, 2018, 12:10:03 am
> "Sure. Uh, how far inside am I allowed to go?"

>"Well, probably as far in as physically possible?" says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 01, 2018, 12:22:23 am
> "Okay, then. Lead the way."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 01, 2018, 01:07:37 am
> "Okay, then. Lead the way."

>She does so, making her way back down the street and toward the Myouren Temple, or more precisely the graveyard behind it.
>"So what did you two talk about?" Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 01, 2018, 01:52:06 am
> "Just some personal stuff."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 01, 2018, 02:41:32 am
> "Just some personal stuff."

>"I guess that makes sense," Tojiko says, as she floats through the entrance to the graveyard. "Hope she had something insightful for you?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 01, 2018, 02:47:42 am
> "Less than I hoped, but more than I feared. It sounds like she's going to send some feelers out to see if she can't learn more about the situation."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 01, 2018, 03:00:28 am
> "Less than I hoped, but more than I feared. It sounds like she's going to send some feelers out to see if she can't learn more about the situation."

>"Oh, that means she's going to ask her sword friends if they know anything," Tojiko says as she drifts between the graves.
>"Hiiiii!" the Jiangshi calls, looking over from the same spot that she was in with you left her. "Oh, you have someone following yoooou!"
>"It's fine, Yoshika, she's with me." Tojiko says.
>"She was heeeeeeere before!" Yoshika says, her face lighting up. "I bet she's a spyyyy!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 01, 2018, 05:08:17 am
> "You told me to go away, so I did, didn't I?"
> Make sure a conversational tone is used, not a confrontational one.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 01, 2018, 05:27:58 am
> "You told me to go away, so I did, didn't I?"
> Make sure a conversational tone is used, not a confrontational one.

>"That's not what I meaaaant!" the jiangshi frowning.
>"Don't worry, she's with me," says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 01, 2018, 10:51:56 am
> "Yeah, I'm with her."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 01, 2018, 06:14:43 pm
> "Yeah, I'm with her."

>"This is suspiciouuus!" Yoshika says, but she hardly moves to stop you as Tojiko leaves you toward the trees in the back. 
>"She's really a sweetheart once you get to know her," Tojiko says, as she drifts into the woods.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on November 01, 2018, 06:16:35 pm
> "She seems reasonable, given the circumstances."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 01, 2018, 09:37:29 pm
> "She seems reasonable, given the circumstances."

>"She's such a sweetie, if a bit slow," Tojiko says.
>Leading you through the woods, you soon come to a cavern yawning in the ground among the trees. Tojiko floats inside, leaving you down a darkened tunnel. Soon you come to a set of open doors painted with pre-Heian figures, and beyond it you can see the mausoleum, an impressive multi-tiered pagoda. You can only imagine how it must have been regarded back in its heyday. It's so much like a palace, though, that it really doesn't excite any of your ghostly sensibilities. "Alright, this will be tricky," Tojiko says. "Take my hand and follow me through the doors."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 02, 2018, 03:42:28 am
> Wow, hand-holding already on not even the first date! We're just that damn good.
> "Sure."
> Take her hand and let her guide us.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 02, 2018, 03:53:40 am
> Wow, hand-holding already on not even the first date! We're just that damn good.
> "Sure."
> Take her hand and let her guide us.

>You do so, walking into the darkened mausoleum. There is a sensation, as if you were moving sideways for a moment, and then you find yourself in a wooden hallway lit by dim lamps. Simple tatami mats lay on the floor. Up ahead, you can see an antechamber, by the looks of it.
>"Ah, it worked," says Tojiko. "You'll need one of us to get home, so try not to run off."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 02, 2018, 04:40:44 am
> "That was...an interesting sensation."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 02, 2018, 06:30:54 am
> "That was...an interesting sensation."

>"Yeah, you get used to it it," Tojiko says as she leads you down the hall. "I forgot to warn you."
>The antechamber is fairly spartan, with more tatami mats, and an open earth area in the center with a sizable charcoal brazier set there. There are doors in every direction, and scrolls hanging from the walls displaying obscure symbols you do not really recognize. She leads you toward the left, and down a corridor lined with paper walls, Through it, you can see a courtyard illuminated by weak, watery light, like a sunrise through rain clouds. A few trees grow there, but you do not have time to look at them. Through the corridor is a dining room, It is well appointed, but rather small for that. It would be cozy, were it not for the fine seats and octogonal table made of dark wood. You don't have much time to look at it before Tojiko leads you into another room. This one is more humble, with stone floors and a sizable hearth, large stone ovens built into the wall, and copious shelf space.  Tojiko floats to those shelves, and begins to place her items on them.
>"Now I expect you not to go blabbing about our home to everyone," says Tojiko. "It's more humble than you'd expect, I know, and while we don't actually care we don't really need to get looks from people."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 02, 2018, 06:38:24 am
> "Of course."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 02, 2018, 06:47:03 am
> "Of course."

>Tojiko nods and stocks the shelves.
>You are certain you hear cloth rustling out the door.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 02, 2018, 07:20:13 am
> "Hmm?"
> Look in the direction of the door.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 02, 2018, 08:46:20 am
> "Hmm?"
> Look in the direction of the door.

>You look over in time to see an eboshi hat slipping out of view around the door.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 02, 2018, 10:57:02 am
> "...Um, you can come in...?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 02, 2018, 11:57:32 am
> "...Um, you can come in...?"

>"Huh?" Tojiko says, as the other doesn't answer or make herself known.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 02, 2018, 12:38:40 pm
> Look back to Tojiko.
> "You have a guest."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 02, 2018, 08:16:55 pm
> Look back to Tojiko.
> "You have a guest."

>Tojiko looks back, and frowns toward the lack of any guest by the door. "Let me guess..." she says to you, before loudly saying, "She's with me, Futo, there's nothing going on."
>There is no reply.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 03, 2018, 02:10:43 am
> Shrug.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 03, 2018, 03:43:36 am
> Shrug.

>"Just...try not to pay her any mind," says Tojiko. Then more loudly she says, "Dinner is going to be a bit late, so feel free to make something for yourselves."
>Again, no reply. Tojiko finishes putting stuff up, and says, "There, sorry about dragging you out here."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 03, 2018, 02:08:22 pm
> "No worries."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 03, 2018, 08:15:48 pm
> "No worries."

>She starts to lead you out of the kitchen, and back through the dining room. You don't see anyone there, but as you start into the corridor, you are such you can hear quiet footsteps from behind.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 03, 2018, 11:55:26 pm
> Call back behind us.
> "So how have things been for you lately?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 04, 2018, 01:08:54 am
> Call back behind us.
> "So how have things been for you lately?"

>"Who are you-?" Tojiko starts, then says, "Oh."
>There's no reply.
>"Futo, stop being an idiot," Tojiko says back. 'She's not even doing anything."
>"Yet," comes Futo's voice. You think she's hiding around the door frame.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 04, 2018, 01:57:09 am
> Look back to Tojiko.
> "I suppose your matriarch only gave her blessing regarding you and not her."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 04, 2018, 03:59:09 am
> Look back to Tojiko.
> "I suppose your matriarch only gave her blessing regarding you and not her."

>"Well, I don't think she'd mind, but I'm sure Futo would," says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 04, 2018, 07:59:07 pm
> "Perhaps that is why she did not mention her?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 04, 2018, 08:31:52 pm
> "Perhaps that is why she did not mention her?"

>"I'd assume it's because we were already travelling together?" says Tojiko.
>You make your way back into the antechamber, and find a mid-sized woman with her blue hair tied into intricate loops lingering near one of the scrolls, idly examining it. She glances over at you, and smirks just a little. "My my."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 04, 2018, 09:17:15 pm
> "What's up?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 04, 2018, 10:41:46 pm
> "What's up?"

>"Why, I imagine you would be the one to answer that!" Says the hermit in blue.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 05, 2018, 04:56:03 am
> Look mildly confused.
> "What do you mean?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 05, 2018, 05:21:08 am
> Look mildly confused.
> "What do you mean?"

>"Why, only one of us is out of place, wouldn't you think?" says the blue hermit.
>"Don't worry, Seiga, we're leaving," says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 05, 2018, 11:39:14 am
> "Oh. Yeah, I'm headed out, don't worry."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 05, 2018, 12:14:23 pm
> "Oh. Yeah, I'm headed out, don't worry."

>"Ah, how uninteresting," Seiga says, but she seems to be content with that as Tojiko drifts toward the entryway.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 05, 2018, 12:22:55 pm
> Continue following that ghostie.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 05, 2018, 09:23:36 pm
> Continue following that ghostie.

>You follow Tojiko out. She grabs your hand at the last moment, and there is another sensation of moving sideways rather than forward, before you find yourself in the darkened Mausoleum. "Sorry about all that," Tojiko says. "Seiga thinks that kind of thing is fun, and Futo, well...you already know, I'm sure."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on November 05, 2018, 09:30:51 pm
> "No worries."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 05, 2018, 11:04:22 pm
> "No worries."

>"I'm just glad Futo didn't go for the spell cards. I was kind of hoping to sneak you in, to be honest." she says, as the two of you make your way toward and through the tunnel.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 06, 2018, 12:03:07 am
> "Well, nothing happened in the end, so I'd say it worked out fine."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 06, 2018, 12:48:20 am
> "Well, nothing happened in the end, so I'd say it worked out fine."

>The two of you step back out into the partial sunlight. "So, where to now?" Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 06, 2018, 04:18:13 am
> "The red-white's, I guess."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 06, 2018, 05:32:11 am
> "The red-white's, I guess."

>"Didn't you say that you already spoke to her?" says Tojiko. "Well, I suppose she doesn't know about the second time."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 06, 2018, 05:57:44 am
> "Right. If what your matriarch says is true, that may be helpful."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 06, 2018, 06:13:49 am
> "Right. If what your matriarch says is true, that may be helpful."

>Tojiko nods. "Right."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 12, 2018, 01:09:22 am
>"Fly our way over to the Hakurei Shrine."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 12, 2018, 02:02:07 am
>"Fly our way over to the Hakurei Shrine."

>I'm going to assume you meant to do that, rather than say that.
>The two take to the air toward the Hakurei Shrine. It's a fairly quick flight. Arriving, you find that Reimu has moved on to lazily raking leaves. She glances over as you land nearby and says, "Well, there's an odd couple. Do I even want to know what happened?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 12, 2018, 11:09:55 am
>Tell her about what happened at the kappa village.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 12, 2018, 11:53:09 am
>Tell her about what happened at the kappa village.

>You recount your story, Tojiko adding in some details.
>"Another one, huh?" says Reimu, frowning. "Any luck finding that baku, yet?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on November 12, 2018, 01:23:05 pm
> Shake our head.
> "Not yet. Her matriarch suggested I am 'slipping outside and elsewhere', and wondered aloud if it was a barrier issue. Would that be possible?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 13, 2018, 12:48:33 am
> Shake our head.
> "Not yet. Her matriarch suggested I am 'slipping outside and elsewhere', and wondered aloud if it was a barrier issue. Would that be possible?"

>Reimu shrugs. "I guess? I don't think it is, but heck if I know. Yukari is the better one to ask about that."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 16, 2018, 09:24:58 am
>"I tried knocking on her door, no answer though."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 16, 2018, 10:03:18 am
>"I tried knocking on her door, no answer though."

>"Then who knows what she's up to?" Reimu says, shaking her head.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 19, 2018, 03:13:38 pm
>Shrug.
>"As far as I know you're the most likely to know where she is."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 19, 2018, 03:16:52 pm
>Shrug.
>"As far as I know you're the most likely to know where she is."

>"I would have already said something," says Reimu, shaking her head. "And honestly, her familiars or the ghost princess are more likely to know. Heaven knows she never tells me anything."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 20, 2018, 04:17:24 am
>"The netherworld is a place I'd rather not visit if I don't have to."
>"Can you think of a good way to get into the Scarlet Devil Mansion? Their librarian knows enough that she might have some idea of what's happening."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 20, 2018, 08:17:08 am
>"The netherworld is a place I'd rather not visit if I don't have to."
>"Can you think of a good way to get into the Scarlet Devil Mansion? Their librarian knows enough that she might have some idea of what's happening."

>"If they're not letting you in, just beat up the gatekeeper," says Reimu. "It works for Marisa."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 20, 2018, 11:20:33 am
>"I don't think Byakuren would appreciate that..."
>Do we have any idea what Remilia and Patchouli think of us, if anything?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 20, 2018, 01:40:17 pm
>"I don't think Byakuren would appreciate that..."
>Do we have any idea what Remilia and Patchouli think of us, if anything?

>Reimu shrugs.
>You know that Remilia at least can have a polite conversation with you, though you've never called on her personally. You're not acquainted enough for that. As for Patchouli, it's hard to tell. Outwardly she disdains everyone, but you know she has some friends. You think she regards you neutrally.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 20, 2018, 11:31:57 pm
>"Maybe I should just try walking up to the door and asking if I can come in. A crazy idea I know."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 21, 2018, 04:27:05 am
>"Maybe I should just try walking up to the door and asking if I can come in. A crazy idea I know."

>"The hard part would be convincing Patchouli to do anything," says Reimu. "If she's in a mood like usual, she'll be difficult."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 21, 2018, 07:49:22 am
>"I guess there's no getting around it, I'll have to find some hot sauce. Though, we don't use it at the temple so I'm not sure where to get any."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 21, 2018, 11:05:23 am
>"I guess there's no getting around it, I'll have to find some hot sauce. Though, we don't use it at the temple so I'm not sure where to get any."

>"Underground is a good bet for that," says Reimu. "And maybe around Eientei? I heard the rabbits like a little kick to their curries."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 21, 2018, 11:28:51 am
>"Thanks for the info. Hopefully Patchouli knows something after all this."
>What's Tojiko up to?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 21, 2018, 11:58:02 am
>"Thanks for the info. Hopefully Patchouli knows something after all this."
>What's Tojiko up to?

>"She might," says Reimu. "But in the end, I'd bet a good meal on it being something you want to ask that baku about."
>Tojiko is floating just behind you, hands politely folded.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on November 21, 2018, 12:34:25 pm
>"Mmm, and I'd love to find her. No one I've asked about stuff has been any help on how I might do that, though."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 21, 2018, 01:30:58 pm
>"Mmm, and I'd love to find her. No one I've asked about stuff has been any help on how I might do that, though."

>"You'd probably want a gossipmonger about that," Reimu says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 24, 2018, 06:42:17 pm
>"I'll keep an ear out."
>Is Kourindou on the way to the undergound?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on November 24, 2018, 07:51:57 pm
>"I'll keep an ear out."
>Is Kourindou on the way to the undergound?

>Not really, but it is not terribly far out of the way either.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 01, 2018, 05:22:47 am
> Kogasa was waiting for Hatate in the village earlier, right?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 01, 2018, 09:04:30 am
> Kogasa was waiting for Hatate in the village earlier, right?

>She was.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 01, 2018, 03:54:44 pm
> Frown in thought.
> "Gossipmongers, huh...I wonder if Kogasa has met up with Hatate yet."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 01, 2018, 07:21:09 pm
> Frown in thought.
> "Gossipmongers, huh...I wonder if Kogasa has met up with Hatate yet."

>"What's that?" Tojiko says.
>"No idea," Reimu says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 01, 2018, 07:48:54 pm
> Look to Tojiko.
> "Which one?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 02, 2018, 12:16:29 am
> Look to Tojiko.
> "Which one?"

>"Which one what?" Tojiko says. "What're you talking about with Kogasa?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 02, 2018, 02:25:51 pm
> "Oh, you mean Hatate? She's a newspaper writer. Apparently she's late for her meeting with Kogasa in the village. Or she was, last I saw."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 02, 2018, 03:42:34 pm
> "Oh, you mean Hatate? She's a newspaper writer. Apparently she's late for her meeting with Kogasa in the village. Or she was, last I saw."

>"Oh, that's why you're talking about Kogasa out of nowhere," says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 02, 2018, 04:16:10 pm
> "Yeah. Sorry."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 02, 2018, 07:23:42 pm
> "Yeah. Sorry."

>"So if you two are done," says Reimu, "Hatate might not be bad to ask."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 03, 2018, 01:29:41 pm
> "I'll see if I can track her down. Assuming she's not missing or something."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 03, 2018, 02:06:19 pm
> "I'll see if I can track her down. Assuming she's not missing or something."

>"Sounds a good as anything," says Reimu. "I don't think she gets out and about too much."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 03, 2018, 02:16:57 pm
> How well do we know Hatate?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 03, 2018, 02:36:57 pm
> How well do we know Hatate?

>Not especially well. Other youkai tend not to be welcome in the tengu village normally. You've seen her at festivals, and chatted briefly.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 03, 2018, 02:47:10 pm
> "Right, we'll get out of your hair, then. Thanks again."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 03, 2018, 06:38:36 pm
> "Right, we'll get out of your hair, then. Thanks again."

>"Yeah, you're welcome," Reimu says. "Good luck and everything."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 03, 2018, 06:51:19 pm
> Wave.
> "Thanks. Later."
> Take flight and head back to where we last saw Kogasa in the village.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 03, 2018, 08:37:24 pm
> Wave.
> "Thanks. Later."
> Take flight and head back to where we last saw Kogasa in the village.

>You take to the air and head back toward the village, Tojiko following behind.
>Descending on the market, you see that it has only gotten more crowded. But it is not hard to pick out a purple umbrella among them, with a few children playing around her. However, they scatter as the two of you approach her.
>"Hello, again," Kogasa says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 03, 2018, 08:56:39 pm
> "Hey there. No news from your newsie?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 03, 2018, 09:03:35 pm
> "Hey there. No news from your newsie?"

>She shakes her head. "I don't have any idea what's taking so long!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 03, 2018, 09:16:04 pm
> "Maybe she stayed home?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 03, 2018, 10:03:39 pm
> "Maybe she stayed home?"

>"That would be weird!" Kogasa says. "...Do you think she set me up? I don't want to think she set me up."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 03, 2018, 10:08:09 pm
> "Beats me. I think it's better to not assume malice, though, at least. Maybe she got hung up somewhere unexpectedly. Maybe we should go look for her?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 03, 2018, 10:09:40 pm
> "Beats me. I think it's better to not assume malice, though, at least. Maybe she got hung up somewhere unexpectedly. Maybe we should go look for her?"

>"That would be so nice of you!" says Kogasa, smiling. "I sort of can't leave, since, you know...waiting on Hatate and all."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 04, 2018, 12:10:05 am
> "Uh...well, do you know where she was coming from to get here?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 04, 2018, 12:51:48 am
> "Uh...well, do you know where she was coming from to get here?"

>"Home, I guess?" says Kogasa.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 04, 2018, 01:16:49 am
> How often do we venture into tengu territory?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 04, 2018, 01:40:33 am
> How often do we venture into tengu territory?

>Seldom. Usually only to visit the Moriya Shrine when they are having an event, which is more like passing through their territory.  They tend not to like non-tengu youkai there.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 04, 2018, 07:25:57 pm
> Look to Tojiko.
> "You up for a visit to the mountain?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 04, 2018, 09:22:04 pm
> Look to Tojiko.
> "You up for a visit to the mountain?"

>"Already been there once," she says. "So a second time shouldn't be too bad."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 04, 2018, 09:23:22 pm
> "Right then."
> Look back to Kogasa.
> "If Hatate shows up, let her know I'm looking for her."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 04, 2018, 10:47:38 pm
> "Right then."
> Look back to Kogasa.
> "If Hatate shows up, let her know I'm looking for her."

>"Oh, sure, okay," says Kogasa. "But I have dibs!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 05, 2018, 01:13:45 pm
> "Right, yeah. See you later."
> Depart the Human Village and head toward the Tengu Village.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 05, 2018, 08:58:05 pm
> "Right, yeah. See you later."
> Depart the Human Village and head toward the Tengu Village.

>You depart the village, Tojiko on your heels, and make your way toward Youkai Mountain once more. Pass over the forests and the kappa village, you make your way toward the mountain's peak, where the tengu live. As to be expected, you can see a couple of the patrols gliding lazily through the air, and you note that one of them is coming toward you.
>"Hey!" calls one of them from a distance as they approach quickly, a half-dozen or so tengu with swords and shields. "State your business!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 05, 2018, 09:18:42 pm
> "We're looking for a newspaper writer. She's supposed to meet with someone in the Human Village, but she's really late, and none of us know why."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 05, 2018, 10:05:12 pm
> "We're looking for a newspaper writer. She's supposed to meet with someone in the Human Village, but she's really late, and none of us know why."

>"Which one?" the tengu calls as she approaches, a thin and wirey white wolf with short hair and surprisingly soft eyes for someone yelling at you.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 05, 2018, 10:10:35 pm
> "Hatate Himekaidou."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 06, 2018, 03:09:25 am
> "Hatate Himekaidou."

>"She left earlier,' says the tengu. "She hasn't come back yet."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 06, 2018, 03:15:00 am
> "She left for the Human Village?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 06, 2018, 01:42:41 pm
> "She left for the Human Village?"

>"I don't know where she went," says the wolf tengu. "She just went down the mountain."
>She gestures downward, vaguely in the direction of the kappa village and the road through the foothills.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 06, 2018, 02:15:45 pm
> Is that the direction from which we came?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 06, 2018, 04:24:13 pm
> Is that the direction from which we came?

>Yes

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 06, 2018, 05:22:36 pm
> Frown to Tojiko.
> "That's unfortunate. I didn't see her on our way here. Did you?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 06, 2018, 06:57:39 pm
> Frown to Tojiko.
> "That's unfortunate. I didn't see her on our way here. Did you?"

>"Nope," Tojiko says.
>"Well, unless you're really slow, you wouldn't have," says the tengu. "She left about an hour ago."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 06, 2018, 07:18:16 pm
> How long is the trip from the Human Village to here, compared to an hour?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 06, 2018, 07:24:17 pm
> How long is the trip from the Human Village to here, compared to an hour?

>By air, not very long at all.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 06, 2018, 07:34:14 pm
> "How bizarre. It should not take that long to get to the Human Village. Hopefully nothing happened to her along the way."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 06, 2018, 08:10:54 pm
> "How bizarre. It should not take that long to get to the Human Village. Hopefully nothing happened to her along the way."

>"Maybe she got side-trekked?" Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 06, 2018, 09:36:42 pm
> "I hope so. That would be better than the alternative."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 06, 2018, 09:39:45 pm
> "I hope so. That would be better than the alternative."

>"So how are we going to go about this?" says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 06, 2018, 10:16:49 pm
> "I guess we could ask the kappa if they know anything."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 06, 2018, 10:26:35 pm
> "I guess we could ask the kappa if they know anything."

>"Good idea," says Tojiko
>"So if there's nothing else, I'll be getting back to my patrol," the tengu says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 07, 2018, 01:07:03 am
> Turn back to the tengu.
> "Yeah. We'll be on our way. Sorry about this, Miss...?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 07, 2018, 01:55:17 am
> Turn back to the tengu.
> "Yeah. We'll be on our way. Sorry about this, Miss...?"

>"Nikumi," the tengu says. "And good luck."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 07, 2018, 01:59:09 am
> "Thank you."
> Turn back around and head to the kappa village.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 07, 2018, 02:25:54 am
> "Thank you."
> Turn back around and head to the kappa village.

>You head back down the mountain. There are a few places in the village you could look around; the market, the large building across the river, the warehouses to the south, around the houses int he middle of town...

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 07, 2018, 03:58:49 am
> Head to the market.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 07, 2018, 01:28:24 pm
> Head to the market.

>Landing in the market, you find it has become only busier. More random youkai are here now, and many of the fish stands have melted away to make room for places selling a variety of random things. There seen seem to be a fair few non-kappa with rugs spread out on empty patches of ground, some hawking various things they've found, others trying to interest people in more mundane things like fallen branches and autumn leaves. Landing near the center of it all, you could visit east, west, north, or south.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 12, 2018, 01:57:52 pm
> "Back here again, huh."
> Look to Tojiko.
> "I don't suppose you saw anyone like Hatate earlier when you were here, did you?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 12, 2018, 04:04:33 pm
> "Back here again, huh."
> Look to Tojiko.
> "I don't suppose you saw anyone like Hatate earlier when you were here, did you?"

>"Well, we met over there," she says, gesturing to the west, "And I didn't see anything. I did most of my shopping around here, or by the river." She glances to the north for emphasis,  "And I didn't see any tengu hanging around."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 12, 2018, 08:04:09 pm
> What's to the east and the south?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 12, 2018, 09:57:45 pm
> What's to the east and the south?

>To the east the market gives way to more homes and higher slopes up youkai mountain. To the west, it leads toward the main residential bulk of the village.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 13, 2018, 01:14:15 am
> What about the south?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 13, 2018, 04:31:56 am
> What about the south?

>Please replace west with south, actual west is where you found Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 13, 2018, 05:37:53 pm
> "Hmm...it seems unlikely that she'd go back up the mountain, so maybe south is our best bet."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 14, 2018, 02:09:59 am
> "Hmm...it seems unlikely that she'd go back up the mountain, so maybe south is our best bet."

>"I can look the other way, if you want," says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 14, 2018, 03:31:05 am
> "Oh, sure. You take east, I'll take south?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 14, 2018, 04:22:09 am
> "Oh, sure. You take east, I'll take south?"

>"Got it," says Tojiko, as she drifts eastward. "I'll meet you back here."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 14, 2018, 01:25:57 pm
> "See you, then."
> South
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 14, 2018, 02:45:14 pm
> "See you, then."
> South

>Heading southward, you find the roads are muddier, with puddles and cattails more prevalent. There are less visiting youkai here, and the the stands a bit more sparse. The tang of cucumber fills the air, as many of the stands deal in fresh cucumbers, sliced cucumbers on a stick, chilled cucumbers, braised cucumbers, a variety of cucumber beverages, and other things you can't identify. A fair number of kappa children run through the streets here, some begging their parents for this or that treat while others seem to be unattended and splashing in the mud.
>It doesn't take long to find a bored-looking tengu in purple plaid, leaning against the side of a kappa home that looks rather like a large rock and looking toward the sky.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 14, 2018, 03:15:00 pm
> Head over to her. If she notices us, give her a wave.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 14, 2018, 03:30:31 pm
> Head over to her. If she notices us, give her a wave.

>She doesn't notice you until you get within a few yards of her, not quite startling, but looking at you as though you appeared out of nowhere for a moment.
>"Oh, hey," she says. "Important question, have you seen a purple umbrella around here anywhere? She's super late!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 14, 2018, 03:41:32 pm
> Blink.
> Adopt a dawning look of realization, then cover our mouth to hide a slight smile of amusement.
> "Not anywhere around here, no. I do not suppose you both confirmed precisely which village you two intended to meet at?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 14, 2018, 05:19:46 pm
> Blink.
> Adopt a dawning look of realization, then cover our mouth to hide a slight smile of amusement.
> "Not anywhere around here, no. I do not suppose you both confirmed precisely which village you two intended to meet at?"

>"It's not like there's many options," says Hatate. "Tengu don't just go into the Human Village. And we sure don't go into the Ancient City!"
>She pauses and frowns. "...She went to the Ancient City, didn't she?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 14, 2018, 05:34:03 pm
> Chuckle and let our hand drop.
> "No, she's in the Human Village. Would you like an escort?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 14, 2018, 05:48:39 pm
> Chuckle and let our hand drop.
> "No, she's in the Human Village. Would you like an escort?"

>"No, I can find her, thanks!" says Hatate, as she prepares to take to the air.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 14, 2018, 06:33:05 pm
> "Wait!"
> Glance back toward where Tojiko went. Is she still visible?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 14, 2018, 09:20:03 pm
> "Wait!"
> Glance back toward where Tojiko went. Is she still visible?

>"What?" Hatate says, as she stops.
>You do not see Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 14, 2018, 09:24:51 pm
> Grimace.
> Look back to Hatate.
> "Please don't go far when you find her. I need to speak with you as well, but I must meet up with my other companion first."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 14, 2018, 11:43:28 pm
> Grimace.
> Look back to Hatate.
> "Please don't go far when you find her. I need to speak with you as well, but I must meet up with my other companion first."

>"Well, go get her," says Hatate. "We're already late, she can wait a bit more."

>_

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 15, 2018, 12:15:42 am
> "Oh, okay. Come on."
> Head back in the direction Tojiko went off in.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 15, 2018, 01:45:34 am
> "Oh, okay. Come on."
> Head back in the direction Tojiko went off in.

>You head around to the eastern wing of the market. Here you find the stands are fairly sparse, and dealing largely in a variety of good that don't seem very kappa-like. No machinery to be seen, nor the hint of a cucumber. Instead there seems to be clothing, some household goods, and some staple foods. There are a few tengu lingering around.
>You see Tojiko drifting around, trying to discreetly examine the tengu, looking for Hatate.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 15, 2018, 03:07:55 am
> Did Hatate come with us?
> "Heeeeey!"
> Wave at Tojiko.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 15, 2018, 03:52:18 am
> Did Hatate come with us?
> "Heeeeey!"
> Wave at Tojiko.

>She did not.
>"No luck?" Tojiko says, looking over.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 15, 2018, 01:36:20 pm
> "Luck, as it turns out. She was waiting in the Kappa Village, because they did not coordinate which Village they would wait for each other at."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 15, 2018, 06:08:48 pm
> "Luck, as it turns out. She was waiting in the Kappa Village, because they did not coordinate which Village they would wait for each other at."

>"Great!" Tojiko says, smiling a bit. "So what did she have to say?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 15, 2018, 06:45:35 pm
> "We can talk to her on the way. We should get back to her."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 15, 2018, 07:02:06 pm
> "We can talk to her on the way. We should get back to her."

>"Oh, you left her waiting, geez!" says Tojiko. "Let's go before she wanders off!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 15, 2018, 07:09:42 pm
> "Didn't want to leave you, yeah. Let's go!"
> Head back toward where we left Hatate.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 15, 2018, 07:56:55 pm
> "Didn't want to leave you, yeah. Let's go!"
> Head back toward where we left Hatate.

>You hurry back to where Hatate is waiting, finding her with her arms crossed and looking faintly annoyed until she notices you, upon which she relaxes a little and seems fairly untroubled. "So," says the tengu, "what did you want, again?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 15, 2018, 08:40:47 pm
> "We can discuss it on the way. I do not wish to hold you up more than I already have,"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 15, 2018, 09:22:33 pm
> "We can discuss it on the way. I do not wish to hold you up more than I already have,"

>"Okay, sure, fine," says Hatate, as she takes to the air.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 15, 2018, 09:36:37 pm
> Take flight and go with her.
> "So I'm looking for any information you may have about Doremy Sweet."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 15, 2018, 10:02:48 pm
> Take flight and go with her.
> "So I'm looking for any information you may have about Doremy Sweet."

>"Well, she's a baku," Hatate says. "Fiddles with dreams. Apparently has some connections to the moon, though I can't say more on that top because I don't know more. Kind of a private person, as I understand?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 15, 2018, 10:29:29 pm
> "Where can I find her?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 15, 2018, 11:56:28 pm
> "Where can I find her?"

>"Wherever she's at, which can be anywhere," says Hatate. "But lucky for you, I managed to get a glimpse of her not too long around in the Bamboo Forest. Now, it seemed to me like she was going somewhere, and there's really only one place to go around there."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 16, 2018, 12:11:51 am
> Do we remember how to get to Eientei?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 16, 2018, 12:41:14 am
> Do we remember how to get to Eientei?

>It's a lot easier than it used to be, there's guidestones now.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 16, 2018, 12:43:07 am
> "Ah, how fortuitous."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 16, 2018, 01:27:45 am
> "Ah, how fortuitous."

>"What can I say, I'm good at what I do," says Hatate.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 16, 2018, 01:34:36 am
> "Well, thank you. I may have to leave you in Kogasa's care once we arrive, then."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 16, 2018, 01:57:29 am
> "Well, thank you. I may have to leave you in Kogasa's care once we arrive, then."

>"We could just tell her where to find Kogasa," Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 16, 2018, 02:04:50 am
> "I agreed to escort her. Apparently the tengu normally do not simply enter the Human Village."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 16, 2018, 03:03:32 am
> "I agreed to escort her. Apparently the tengu normally do not simply enter the Human Village."

>"Oh, well then," says Tojiko.
>"It's not a huge problem," Hatate says, "but it does make things a little tricky. So that'll help."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 16, 2018, 04:05:35 am
> "Of course. It is the least I can do in exchange for your information. Though, please do not be surprised if I sudden look very pained before vanishing into thin air."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 16, 2018, 04:53:16 am
> "Of course. It is the least I can do in exchange for your information. Though, please do not be surprised if I sudden look very pained before vanishing into thin air."

>"Had a falling out with Kogasa, huh?" says Hatate. "Well, I won't make you stay."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 16, 2018, 02:27:56 pm
> "No, it is something else entirely. Something bizarre has been happening to me lately. It is why I need to seek out Miss Sweet."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 16, 2018, 03:23:20 pm
> "No, it is something else entirely. Something bizarre has been happening to me lately. It is why I need to seek out Miss Sweet."

>"Go on," says Hatate.
>"...Go on if you want it all over her news rag," Tojiko says, getting a look from Hatate.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 17, 2018, 02:03:55 pm
> "Mmm...I'll tell you after it's resolved. It is a pretty personal issue."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 17, 2018, 06:15:09 pm
> "Mmm...I'll tell you after it's resolved. It is a pretty personal issue."

>"Oh fine, be that way," says Hatate. "I bet your boss knows, anyways."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 17, 2018, 06:48:54 pm
> Frown.
> "Come on, now."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 17, 2018, 07:51:46 pm
> Frown.
> "Come on, now."

>"What? I'm a journalist, it's my job to figure out about weird things," Hatate says. "But I'll give it a bit."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 17, 2018, 08:01:34 pm
> "Thank you."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 17, 2018, 09:40:22 pm
> "Thank you."

>The three of you continue onward, and it does not take terribly long to make your way back to human town, Hatate hovers over the market, and scans it.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 18, 2018, 02:25:36 pm
> Where did we leave Kogasa?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 18, 2018, 03:22:27 pm
> Where did we leave Kogasa?

>She was off to the side of the market, near the smithy.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 18, 2018, 04:36:44 pm
> "She is near the smithy. This way."
> Head to where we left Kogasa.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 18, 2018, 04:43:19 pm
> "She is near the smithy. This way."
> Head to where we left Kogasa.

>You make your way there, and see the telltale splash of purple from above.
>"There she is," Hatate says, as she descends down.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 18, 2018, 04:53:07 pm
> Follow her down.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 18, 2018, 06:54:27 pm
> Follow her down.

>You follow her down and reach them in time to hear Kogasa saying, "No, you said THE market, so anyone would naturally think you meant the big one!"
>"I meant the one youkai can actually go to!"
>"I go to this one all the time, though."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 18, 2018, 07:07:11 pm
> "We'll, ah, leave you two to your meeting, then. Unless you still need us for something."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 18, 2018, 09:13:51 pm
> "We'll, ah, leave you two to your meeting, then. Unless you still need us for something."

>"Nope, I think we have things," Hatate says.
>Kogasa nods. "Thanks for helping her find the meeting spot!"
>"This wasn't the meeting spot, I just told you!"
>"You said THE market."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 18, 2018, 09:46:00 pm
> "Have a pleasant day, ladies."
> Exit the village and head toward the Bamboo Forest.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 18, 2018, 10:15:18 pm
> "Have a pleasant day, ladies."
> Exit the village and head toward the Bamboo Forest.

>You make your way toward the Bamboo Forest, flying over the fields, along the edge of the Forest of Magic, and toward the best entry point.
>"So, you know where this place is, right?" Tojiko says. "Seiga keeps a little place along the edge of the forest, but even finding that it a pain."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 18, 2018, 10:31:01 pm
> "There are guidance stones now, where there were not before."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 18, 2018, 10:57:53 pm
> "There are guidance stones now, where there were not before."

>"...Oh, that's handy," Tojiko says. "Wait, where'st he first one?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 19, 2018, 12:42:32 am
> Look around for a guidance stone.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 19, 2018, 01:59:48 am
> Look around for a guidance stone.

>The first one you know of lies along a deer-trail-turned-footpath in the Forest of Magic along its western edge. It is not to terribly hard, to find, a fairly large boulder with some basic directions cut into it. It also bears a large arrow pointing toward the next marker, some distance into the forest itself.
>"I think the Prince mentioned these once, maybe?" Tojiko says, as she examines it.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 21, 2018, 12:19:48 pm
> "Has she visited Eientei?"
> Begin following the stones.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 21, 2018, 01:57:25 pm
> "Has she visited Eientei?"
> Begin following the stones.

>"A couple times, on her own," says Tojiko, as the two of you head westward.
>Within moment, you are enclosed in thick bamboo, unable to see anything but more bamboo in all directions. The ground is bare and dark with moisture, every so often you can see a footprint that you can't really tell anything about it. It is a bit harrowing to proceed as the land rises and falls into gentle hills and valleys, making it all the harder to keep to a single direction. But you soon find another boulder with another arrow carved into it, directing you around valley. The forest teems with wildlife; rabbits and other small animal skitter away as you approach, as do the occasional deer. The pandas, on the other hand, barely pay you any mind. Every so often you see the odd fox or tanuki, diligently hunting for whatever they can find.
>You follow stone after stone, pressing through the wildness, until you eventually see a stately doorway peeking through the bamboo. Approaching it, you see the simple, stately walls of Eientei stretching to the north and south, framing the entryway. Curiously, however, the doors are ajar and don't seem to be attended by anyone at the moment. That is unusual, in your experience.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 21, 2018, 02:08:41 pm
> Frown.
> "Huh. They normally have guards stationed out here..."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 21, 2018, 02:23:29 pm
> Frown.
> "Huh. They normally have guards stationed out here..."

>"Huh," says Tojiko, frowning. "Seems like a bad idea to leave that door open if you don't want animals getting in."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 21, 2018, 02:33:33 pm
> Call out to the door.
> "Hello? Is anyone there?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 21, 2018, 02:49:41 pm
> Call out to the door.
> "Hello? Is anyone there?"

>You call out, and receive no answers.
>"Guess there's no one around the door?" Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 21, 2018, 03:10:33 pm
> "...I dislike entering without permission, but this is very strange. Hopefully no one is injured? I guess we should investigate to be sure."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 21, 2018, 06:20:09 pm
> "...I dislike entering without permission, but this is very strange. Hopefully no one is injured? I guess we should investigate to be sure."

>"From what I hear, there's no better place to be injured," says Tojiko. "Let's go."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on December 21, 2018, 06:22:07 pm
> Head inside.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 21, 2018, 10:25:49 pm
> Head inside.

>You head inside. The stately halls, which well-treated wooden floors and delicate paper walls covered with delicate paintings of leafy plants and playful tigers. You are used to this place being quite serene; if a bit chaotic from some of the rabbits horsing around, but now it is dead quiet in this area. Up ahead is a intersection with another hall. You don't remember the layout of Eientei too well, but you think that up ahead should be the main garden, at the far enough of this hall. It seems like the door up there is currently open. You can hear ruckus coming from somewhere. Up ahead?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 21, 2018, 10:40:05 pm
> "Something is going on..."
> Keep going forward. Hurry a bit.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 22, 2018, 12:29:06 am
> "Something is going on..."
> Keep going forward. Hurry a bit.

>You hurry forward, past intersection, and toward the far doors. Through them, you can see the courtyard garden, laden with carefully maintained stands of bamboo, and other plants under their shade. Notably, you don't see anyone actually in the courtyard, which is unusual. It's a bit difficult to see through it all, but you can definitely see there's some kind of commotion; as well you can make out the distant sounds of danmaku, a fair amount of it.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 22, 2018, 12:47:49 am
> Can we tell where the danmaku sounds are coming from?
> Lower our voice volume.
> "You hear that?!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 22, 2018, 01:03:41 am
> Can we tell where the danmaku sounds are coming from?
> Lower our voice volume.
> "You hear that?!"

>From the other side of the courtyard, at least. Likely further into the rear of the manor.
>Tojiko nods, frowning and glancing toward the direction of the sounds.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 22, 2018, 03:03:09 am
> Hurry some more in the direction of the battle.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 22, 2018, 05:10:50 am
> Hurry some more in the direction of the battle.

>You hurry toward the the far end of the garden, where you can see the doors are wide open, and there are a few unconscious rabbits. The sound of danmaku fire can be heard within, you can see a few flashes of it quite some ways down this hall, as well as more rabbits who have clearly been on the losing end of the fray. It looks like more rabbits are trying to push ahead, but it's hard to tell from back here at this split second.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 22, 2018, 11:47:25 am
> Keep pressing onwards.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 22, 2018, 01:54:59 pm
> Keep pressing onwards.

>You press onwards, dashing down the hall. The rabbits ahead are definitely shouting, raising a ruckus, and trying coordinate danmaku patterns. They can be an effective force when organized, you've observed, but they are definitely not organized right now. The hall itself is littered with downed rabbits, groaning or unconscious, making it a bit difficult to proceed quickly.  Further down the hall.  you can see a figure in green and a figure in pink, unleashing some very organized danmaku as they weave and dance back and forth; it's difficult to get a good look at them with all the rabbits in the way. You are certain, but it seems like they may be drawing back?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 22, 2018, 02:39:51 pm
> Have we seen them before?
> Is anyone else present other than those two and rabbits?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 22, 2018, 05:56:47 pm
> Have we seen them before?
> Is anyone else present other than those two and rabbits?

>It's hard to get a good look at them through the rabbits, but they don't seem immediately familiar.
>It's hard to see through the rabbits, but you think there is at least one other figure there, someone in black or dark gray? It's hard to tell.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 22, 2018, 06:04:50 pm
> Are there any rabbits in the immediate vicinity that are conscious?
> Does the situation appear to call for first aid for anyone? If so, are we equipped to provide it?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 22, 2018, 06:15:07 pm
> Are there any rabbits in the immediate vicinity that are conscious?
> Does the situation appear to call for first aid for anyone? If so, are we equipped to provide it?

>No one seems to be that hurt, this appears to be a purely danmaku affair. You can probably comfort them if you took the time, but you don't have any supplies to do more than that.
>There are a few rabbits that are hurt, but conscious.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 22, 2018, 06:15:52 pm
> Make our way to the nearest conscious rabbit.
> "What's going on here?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 22, 2018, 07:15:36 pm
> Make our way to the nearest conscious rabbit.
> "What's going on here?"

>You approach a long-haired rabbit splayed on her back, looking up toward the ceiling with unfocused eyes. The rabbit groans, then says. "Someone just started kicking up a ruckus."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 22, 2018, 07:38:38 pm
> "Do you know who? I see someone in pink and someone in green, and someone else I can't make out."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 22, 2018, 08:12:19 pm
> "Do you know who? I see someone in pink and someone in green, and someone else I can't make out."

>"No idea," the rabbit says, shaking her head, then wincing a little.
>"They're retreating," Tojiko says, watching the fray. "Not that the rabbits are a problem..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 22, 2018, 09:31:35 pm
> Look back up at the intruders.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 22, 2018, 10:40:55 pm
> Look back up at the intruders.

>You look back up.
>The rabbit ranks have thinned a little bit, and you can better see the marauders in question. One is a brown-haired woman, wearing a bright pink dress and lop-sided eboshi.  In her hands she carries a large leaf. Her companion wears dark green, with pale greenish hair and a matching hat, carrying a length of bamboo. Both appear to be dancing, moving well in time with each other as they send out volleys of danmaku. Between them, you note a woman in a black and white dress slumped on the floor between them, wearing a long red sleeping hat. A long, thin tail ending in a little tuft peaks out under her dress.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 22, 2018, 11:59:34 pm
> Does that person on the floor match the description of anyone we know?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 23, 2018, 12:04:23 am
> Does that person on the floor match the description of anyone we know?

>Not really, but that tail definitely suggests she is a baku.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 23, 2018, 01:54:37 am
> "Oh! That person on the ground, I think that's her!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 23, 2018, 02:14:50 am
> "Oh! That person on the ground, I think that's her!"

>"Okay," says Tojiko. "So what are they doing?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 23, 2018, 02:34:33 am
> "I don't know, but I need to find out!"
> Resume heading quickly toward the downed baku.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 23, 2018, 02:39:55 am
> "I don't know, but I need to find out!"
> Resume heading quickly toward the downed baku.

>You resume your trek, but find that the rabbits are in your way, as well as the dancers' danmaku fire coming close to being threatening.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 23, 2018, 03:19:02 am
> Are the rabbits actively trying to block our way, or is it just their bodies are inconvenient?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 23, 2018, 04:10:39 am
> Are the rabbits actively trying to block our way, or is it just their bodies are inconvenient?

>They are inconvenient. You don't think they are even aware of you.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 24, 2018, 07:38:19 pm
> Is the crowd moving toward us or away from us?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on December 24, 2018, 09:34:03 pm
> Is the crowd moving toward us or away from us?

>Neither. You are moving toward it. They are trying to move away, toward the dancers, but are having little luck due to the danmaku the dancers are laying down.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on January 01, 2019, 09:26:54 pm
> "Tch."
> Back off a bit and let the battle continue without interfering.
> "It's not my place to get involved in this, I suppose."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 01, 2019, 09:33:12 pm
> "Tch."
> Back off a bit and let the battle continue without interfering.
> "It's not my place to get involved in this, I suppose."

>"I won't say you're wrong, but I am pretty sure they're kidnapping that baku," says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on January 01, 2019, 09:45:41 pm
> Look around. Are there anyways we can see to go around the battle to get behind the dancers?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 02, 2019, 12:39:54 am
> Look around. Are there anyways we can see to go around the battle to get behind the dancers?

>There is a room to the right that seems to lead into the general sleeping quarters for the rabbits. You've not been in there, but you recall there are a few entrances, as it stretches for a good length of the building; you think it is possible to flank them from there.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on January 02, 2019, 12:50:48 am
> "This way, then!"
> Dart into that room.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 02, 2019, 01:50:11 am
> "This way, then!"
> Dart into that room.

>You dart through the side door.
>Through it is a maze of curtains, paper walls, beds, and personal areas. You've never really been in the rabbit's dormitory before, and it is quite a sight, easily as large as the deck of the old treasure ship. But you don't have time for it, you barely note there are some rabbits hiding here, just there is an aisle that leads further inside, and one that runs parallel to the corridor outside, with doors further westward.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on January 02, 2019, 02:06:40 am
> "Pardon us, ladies!"
> Hurry down the corridor that runs parallel to where the main battle is.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 02, 2019, 03:15:30 am
> "Pardon us, ladies!"
> Hurry down the corridor that runs parallel to where the main battle is.

>You make your way down the aisle, between curtains and paper screens, having to dodge a screen that has fallen over, and can see that the two dancers are just past the last door; particularly from the odd shots that come through it.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on January 02, 2019, 03:21:05 am
> Does that mean there are no doors in this room that open behind them?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 02, 2019, 04:17:00 am
> Does that mean there are no doors in this room that open behind them?

>There are wood panel sliding doors, but they are currently open.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on January 02, 2019, 04:29:54 am
> Are bullets flying in through those panels?
> If not, make for the closest panel that is behind the dancers.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 02, 2019, 05:23:47 am
> Are bullets flying in through those panels?
> If not, make for the closest panel that is behind the dancers.

>Not at the moment, but as you approach, bullets start to drift through. Reaching the doors, you can see the dancers have drawn back, and are now level with the furthest west set of doors. It seems they are retreating, each dragging the unconscious baku by an arm.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on January 02, 2019, 05:35:24 am
> Are there more doors beyond them in this room, or are we at the end of the bedroom?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 02, 2019, 05:41:42 am
> Are there more doors beyond them in this room, or are we at the end of the bedroom?

>You are at the end.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on January 02, 2019, 05:49:09 am
> Are they looking in here?
> Do we still have our anchor on-hand?
> How valid is our anchor as danmaku?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 02, 2019, 04:15:55 pm
> Are they looking in here?
> Do we still have our anchor on-hand?
> How valid is our anchor as danmaku?

>Then are not.
>You do have it.
>It is not, on its own. But you can invoke anchor shapes. However, outside of a spellcard, it is hard to make more than one. You tend to get better value for your effort with other kinds of shots. Those that mimic water drips tend to suit you well.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on January 02, 2019, 04:52:47 pm
> Are the water drip danmaku the ones we fling from our hishaku (which we presumably also have in our possession at present)?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 02, 2019, 06:05:12 pm
> Are the water drip danmaku the ones we fling from our hishaku (which we presumably also have in our possession at present)?

>Yes, and you do have it.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on January 02, 2019, 06:26:29 pm
> Pull out the hishaku and dash through the doorway toward the abductors. If they don't notice us, keep going to get behind them to cut them off. If they do notice us, point our hishaku at them as we go and shout "Stop!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 02, 2019, 06:42:31 pm
> Pull out the hishaku and dash through the doorway toward the abductors. If they don't notice us, keep going to get behind them to cut them off. If they do notice us, point our hishaku at them as we go and shout "Stop!"

>You dash through the doorway, and immediately draw the attention of the dancer in green.
>You gesture toward her, and she says, "What? Who are you? We're trying to work, here!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on January 02, 2019, 07:22:37 pm
> "Let her go!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 02, 2019, 07:41:45 pm
> "Let her go!"

>"Can't do that!" says the dancer in green, as the dup keep dragging away the unconscious baku. "You can have her when we're done with her!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on January 02, 2019, 08:53:21 pm
> Are they looking at us, or at the rabbits?
> Are they still shooting?
> Is there space in the hallway to get around and behind them?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 02, 2019, 09:52:49 pm
> Are they looking at us, or at the rabbits?
> Are they still shooting?
> Is there space in the hallway to get around and behind them?

>The dancer in pink is focused on the rabbits and still shooting. The dancer in green is not shooting, and is looking at you. They are both moving the baku, keeping a surprisingly good tandem despite their split attentions.
>There might be if you run, and even then, personal space would definitely be an issue.

>_
>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on January 04, 2019, 10:25:11 pm
> "Can't wait that long, sorry!"
> Charge at the one in green!
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 05, 2019, 07:31:36 am
> "Can't wait that long, sorry!"
> Charge at the one in green!

>You charge at the dancer in green! She squawks in surpise and throws her hands up, sending waves of zig-zagging amulet danmaku toward you!

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on January 11, 2019, 12:02:23 am
> Have we noticed how the zig-zagging has started? Is it a pattern starting at our left and only inching to our center? From left getting all the way to our right side? Any specific like that we can notice immediately, or would we need more time?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 11, 2019, 03:58:46 am
> Have we noticed how the zig-zagging has started? Is it a pattern starting at our left and only inching to our center? From left getting all the way to our right side? Any specific like that we can notice immediately, or would we need more time?

>In the past moment, it has zigged to the left, and then gone to the right, and it now going to the left again. You note there is space between them, you many to able to slip between if you move appropriately.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on January 20, 2019, 10:35:50 pm
>In the past moment, it has zigged to the left, and then gone to the right, and it now going to the left again. You note there is space between them, you many to able to slip between if you move appropriately.

>_
//Feel free to continue and plan-out after this little follow-up.

>Tojiko was not far behind,right?
>Slip between the streams taking advantage of the zig-zagging left-to-right-repeat pattern and start returning fire to the green dancer with water drip danmaku , aim a few to the pink one only if she is side-tracked enough to be cleanly hit.
>Be careful both not to let the current focus wander off the bullet streams off the green one,their shooter nor to lose sight of the pink dancer.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 23, 2019, 07:35:21 pm
>Tojiko was not far behind,right?
>Slip between the streams taking advantage of the zig-zagging left-to-right-repeat patteern and start returning fire to the green dancer with water drip danmaku , aim a few to the pink one only if she is side-tracked enough to be cleanly hit.
>Be careful both not to let the current focus wander off the bullet streams off the green one,their shooter nor to lose sight of the pink dancer.


>You don't know for certain if Tojiko has charged in after you, or if she is still at the door.
>You splatter the dancer in green with water drip danmaku, and are rewarded with a cry of pain and obvious surprise, she clearly did not anticipate being charged or her attack being navigated in the last moment. You aren't certain if you've managed to hit the other dancer, but she is crying out.

>_
>
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on January 25, 2019, 08:32:37 pm
>You don't know for certain if Tojiko has charged in after you, or if she is still at the door.
>You splatter the dancer in green with water drip danmaku, and are rewarded with a cry of pain and obvious surprise, she clearly did not anticipate being charged or her attack being navigated in the last moment. You aren't certain if you've managed to hit the other dancer, but she is crying out.

>_
>
> Keep weaving and reacting accordingly to any shift while staying focused and keeping up the offense.
>While doing so,spare a glance for the pink dancer for an opportunity to either avoid any nasty reprisal or capitalize an attack opportunity or helping with rescuing.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 26, 2019, 06:51:41 am
> Keep weaving and reacting accordingly to any shift while staying focused and keeping up the offense.
>While doing so,spare a glance for the pink dancer for an opportunity to either avoid any nasty reprisal or capitalize an attack opportunity or helping with rescuing.

>You are practically om top of the dancer in green.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on January 30, 2019, 09:11:07 am
>You are practically om top of the dancer in green.

>_
 
//So far,Tojiko do seem to be getting involved only indirectly and from a distance,Taoist-like while still helping but also troubling to an extent; uncertain how far that distance and it really seems is not going to change unless there are particular requests/need of help/involment .Nevertheless helping along at a fairly crucial instance of (Baku) Doremy Sweet's sweet rescuing (CURRENT PRIORITY) ,apart from the recovering . ?Agreeable??//

> Do we have either or both  Danmaku,danmaku-like or a sea ghost abilty adaptable for close-medium ranges ?
> Careful offense:do not linger in enemy lines of fire,unless assured grazing,while keep focus and navigation in good counterattacking positions.
>Does it look like there are openings to wade over in having a better angle on dancers, Baku?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on January 31, 2019, 08:07:52 am
> Do we have either or both  Danmaku,danmaku-like or a sea ghost abilty adaptable for close-medium ranges ?
> Careful offense:do not linger in enemy lines of fire,unless assured grazing,while keep focus and navigation in good counterattacking positions.
>Does it look like there are openings to wade over in having a better angle on dancers, Baku?

>You can generate some danmaku without using your dipper, but it is not very beautiful or useful normally. But at extreme close range, it may do the trick.
>Right now, it does not seem like you can get to the dancer in pink or the baku, the dancer in green's danmaku is in the way.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 01, 2019, 06:48:22 am
>You can generate some danmaku without using your dipper, but it is not very beautiful or useful normally. But at extreme close range, it may do the trick.
>Right now, it does not seem like you can get to the dancer in pink or the baku, the dancer in green's danmaku is in the way.

>_
//  Hopeful Thanks :blush: for Perseverance in " CYOA storytelling / activities " ! //

> Has some kind of useful  alternation,shift or even combination of both dipper,dipper-less danmaku ever been attempted,practiced or considered before  ? Such,but not limited to, as in order to both hammer and clog,throwing the expected timing off and adding hustle to the lines of fire ("of water",rather) ? Although...
> ... a well-aimed well-timed Pattern ,like or unlike that,+Spell Card may do the trick too !
> How is the position,shifting movement and focus of the pink dancer Baku-Hostage comparatively to her green companion's,the Rabbits',our own,the bedroom hallway spacing and its exit ?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 02, 2019, 02:22:28 pm
Now that I'm starting to get over the flu...

> Has some kind of useful  alternation,shift or even combination of both dipper,dipper-less danmaku ever been attempted,practiced or considered before  ? Such,but not limited to, as in order to both hammer and clog,throwing the expected timing off and adding hustle to the lines of fire ("of water",rather) ? Although...
> ... a well-aimed well-timed Pattern ,like or unlike that,+Spell Card may do the trick too !
> How is the position,shifting movement and focus of the pink dancer Baku-Hostage comparatively to her green companion's,the Rabbits',our own,the bedroom hallway spacing and its exit ?

>You can alternate dipper patterns.
>It is hard to tell what is going on at this split second. but the dancer in green is definitely between you and them, while her danmaku neatly cuts off your sides.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Neovereign on February 04, 2019, 04:40:48 am
> Keep our firing up and try to ascend out of this danmaku squeeze. We're in a sour position if the dancer in pink decides to notice us and aid her partner, and we still need the advantage to get the Baku.
>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 04, 2019, 04:57:33 am
Now that I'm starting to get over the flu...

>You can alternate dipper patterns.
>It is hard to tell what is going on at this split second. but the dancer in green is definitely between you and them, while her danmaku neatly cuts off your sides.

>_
// I   :)  pray  the worst of the disease has left you,and anyone close/dear :) to you , already  :) . //

> Then it is time to return the favor and then some .
> Start maneuvers,ascending or descending ones related to where there's more leeway, enabling avoidance of being threatened at the sides whilst employing the current dipper pattern in cutting off her sides and move further in ...
> ... but end up switching it up with a new one when she begin to adapt to the previous one;alternate and switch when she gets the hang of the current pattern.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 04, 2019, 08:04:16 pm
> Keep our firing up and try to ascend out of this danmaku squeeze. We're in a sour position if the dancer in pink decides to notice us and aid her partner, and we still need the advantage to get the Baku.

> Then it is time to return the favor and then some .
> Start maneuvers,ascending or descending ones related to where there's more leeway, enabling avoidance of being threatened at the sides whilst employing the current dipper pattern in cutting off her sides and move further in ...
> ... but end up switching it up with a new one when she begin to adapt to the previous one;alternate and switch when she gets the hang of the current pattern.


>You ascend and begin to fling out droplets of danmaku, and find yourself rewarded with a cry of surprise from the dancer in pink. But your motions meet a curious resistance. Within a moment, the sounds and sights of the battle, the danmaku, and the figures in front of you fade out, replaced by the familiar pressure of water all around.
>There is thick kelp everywhere here, the ocean floor muddy and littered with rocks. Colorful fish weave and bob through the fronds, and other creatures skitter across the mud. You can feel something...unusual, like you're being watched. No, not like you're being watched, that's not quite right. You struggle to put it into words; it is like when you are in a room with someone who is occupied; they are aware of you, but are not paying attention to you.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 06, 2019, 11:53:29 pm

>You ascend and begin to fling out droplets of danmaku, and find yourself rewarded with a cry of surprise from the dancer in pink. But your motions meet a curious resistance. Within a moment, the sounds and sights of the battle, the danmaku, and the figures in front of you fade out, replaced by the familiar pressure of water all around.
>There is thick kelp everywhere here, the ocean floor muddy and littered with rocks. Colorful fish weave and bob through the fronds, and other creatures skitter across the mud. You can feel something...unusual, like you're being watched. No, not like you're being watched, that's not quite right. You struggle to put it into words; it is like when you are in a room with someone who is occupied; they are aware of you, but are not paying attention to you.

>_
> Move around trying to inspect ,in a careful manner to avoid bothering but also in an accurate one, where is this curious sensation of being watched is coming from.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 07, 2019, 06:51:34 am
> Move around trying to inspect ,in a careful manner to avoid bothering but also in an accurate one, where is this curious sensation of being watched is coming from.

>Looking around, you cannot see what it is that is aware of you. It doesn't seem to come from any particular direction...

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on February 07, 2019, 05:51:53 pm
>Try to call out a "Hello?".
>Anything of note apart from kelp, fish, and mud?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 07, 2019, 11:41:04 pm
>Try to call out a "Hello?".
>Anything of note apart from kelp, fish, and mud?

>You call out, and there is no answer.
>Looking around, you note there are a fair number of man o' wars around.

>_
Title: ~~~Edited~~~ Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventures
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 09, 2019, 07:31:56 am


// (Sources: A-Z..Adventures :Sakuya Quest,chiefly;"Yukari Quest";"Nue Quest" ) :blush: Gaps ,unclarity,overstatements,clutters.. :blush: could plague my replies/partecipation . IMHO  :)More Manifestations and "Forms" are coming through the more Murasa(&Tojiko ,to an extent)trigger tangle with Local(???) Youkai(Supernatural AND Mystical) Disturbances and Phenomena .And for that there are going to be "ways and shapes fit to channel a Range of Resolutions and Damage/Crowd/Chaos Controls of Youkai-Disturbance and Incident". Help,enlightment and clarity as "deck,ship and sea-mates" should be fruitful,yet somehow hard-warned //

> Oh-oh...In fair condition as well as come to expect ,except for being out-of-commission AND unexpectedly recently-shipwrecked AND recently pulled-under ?
> Test for any reaction and change : fire and light the way with selected weak,beautiful and luminous strings of Danmaku both in the muddy sea floor before each ship and above 'em
> Do not be afraid to strike close to home,though not hitting, the supposed-sea-life.
Title: Re: ~~~Edited~~~ Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventures
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 11, 2019, 01:44:55 am
> Oh-oh...In fair condition as well as come to expect ,except for being out-of-commission AND unexpectedly recently-shipwrecked AND recently pulled-under ?
> Test for any reaction and change : fire and light the way with selected weak,beautiful and luminous strings of Danmaku both in the muddy sea floor before each ship and above 'em
> Do not be afraid to strike close to home,though not hitting, the supposed-sea-life.

>You throw out some danmaku, keeping it close to yourself to avoid hitting the fish. It fires more or less like normal. Some of the nearby fish dart away into the kelp; the man o wars do not seem to have noticed. Nor has that feeling of awareness changed.

>_
Title: Re: ~~~Edited~~~ Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventures
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 11, 2019, 02:09:32 am
>You throw out some danmaku, keeping it close to yourself to avoid hitting the fish. It fires more or less like normal. Some of the nearby fish dart away into the kelp; the man o wars do not seem to have noticed. Nor has that feeling of awareness changed.

>_
> Approach the man o' wars focusing on that feel.
> Inspect the one or ones who stand out in some significant way and/or familiarity and/or cause shifts in that feeling.
> Orherwise start by checking the closest one and carry on.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 11, 2019, 08:56:45 am
> Approach the man o' wars focusing on that feel.
> Inspect the one or ones who stand out in some significant way and/or familiarity and/or cause shifts in that feeling.
> Orherwise start by checking the closest one and carry on.

>You make your way into the kelp, fish scattering in your wake, and move to investigate a man o' war.
>Not quite a jellyfish, its tendrils lazily extend from its translucent, bell-shaped body for several yards, mixing in with the kelp. It just floats there, at the mercy of the tide and the currents; neither of which you can feel right now. Moving on, you can see more of them floating around. As well, you think you can see something greenish moving among the kelp.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 12, 2019, 01:42:10 am
>You make your way into the kelp, fish scattering in your wake, and move to investigate a man o' war.
>Not quite a jellyfish, its tendrils lazily extend from its translucent, bell-shaped body for several yards, mixing in with the kelp. It just floats there, at the mercy of the tide and the currents; neither of which you can feel right now. Moving on, you can see more of them floating around. As well, you think you can see something greenish moving among the kelp.

>_
> Move closer and intently keep track in order to inspect that " greenish movement ".
> If the kelp is too thick and there's no other angle to discern it,materialize and use anchor to gently part it for the inspection.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 12, 2019, 10:41:01 pm
> Move closer and intently keep track in order to inspect that " greenish movement ".
> If the kelp is too thick and there's no other angle to discern it,materialize and use anchor to gently part it for the inspection.

>You move closer, and can pick out what seem to be man o war tendrils among the kelp. They seem unusual, though, not quite just dangling down from a bell body. The kelp is a bit thick, requiring you to nudge it aside within your anchor, and gives you a view of its main body.
>It is not a man o' war. Or rather, it looks as though someone took a man o' war and pulled it apart; its body is a mass of greenish tissues and organelles that are sort of loosely collected, looking rather like a mass of silken cloth that has been gathered together. Its tendrils dangle down from the edges of its body, looking oddly like streamers, or perhaps strands of long hair. It shifts as the kelp you move touches it, causing it to turn in the water in a way that no man o' war can. It is watching you now, you can tell. However, you don't sense any hostility from it. If anything, for reasons you cannot put your finger on, it seems...confused?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 13, 2019, 02:59:14 am
>You move closer, and can pick out what seem to be man o war tendrils among the kelp. They seem unusual, though, not quite just dangling down from a bell body. The kelp is a bit thick, requiring you to nudge it aside within your anchor, and gives you a view of its main body.
>It is not a man o' war. Or rather, it looks as though someone took a man o' war and pulled it apart; its body is a mass of greenish tissues and organelles that are sort of loosely collected, looking rather like a mass of silken cloth that has been gathered together. Its tendrils dangle down from the edges of its body, looking oddly like streamers, or perhaps strands of long hair. It shifts as the kelp you move touches it, causing it to turn in the water in a way that no man o' war can. It is watching you now, you can tell. However, you don't sense any hostility from it. If anything, for reasons you cannot put your finger on, it seems...confused?

>_
> Keep the kelp parted ,and not on top of the being,with the anchor,until necessary.
> This kind of being...Express an emphatic and placid sense of calmness and relievance to have come across it or he or she.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 13, 2019, 04:02:12 am
> Keep the kelp parted ,and not on top of the being,with the anchor,until necessary.
> This kind of being...Express an emphatic and placid sense of calmness and relievance to have come across it or he or she.

>How do you intend to express this?
>The entity seems less confused now. Though you cannot understand why, you can feel that it is curious about you.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on February 13, 2019, 04:06:19 am
> "Uh...hello."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 13, 2019, 07:19:38 am
> "Uh...hello."

>You greet the thing.
>After a moment, you can feel in its strange undulations that it too is greeting you, feeling a bit uncertain as you are.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 13, 2019, 01:21:29 pm
>You greet the thing.
>After a moment, you can feel in its strange undulations that it too is greeting you, feeling a bit uncertain as you are.

>_
// :) RIGHT-O (and no matter,at this stage, my typing slowdown on Android Firefox OS) ! :) //

> Think and feel ,by  mental and emotional focused vibrations  and feelings, greetings and more  : " Forgive me for making you uncertain by seeking you out ,needy-sake and curiosity-sake at that , since I too am quite uncertain about being “ unwillingly and unexpectedly shifted away in "  this place,among its inhabitants...Thank'  Heaven,still close by an active home,yours."
> Comprehension moment then,unless more clearing is prompted ,go on:   " First o'all, Hello again ! Names is, that some  of my identity to best know and interact. aMing neighbours and such, Minamitsu Murasa from the Ocean-less and supposedly far away world of Gensokyo... ".
> If it does not decently carry/“vibrate(?) through spell and speak it.
> Pause with attention and Duly Note in the Mind,this unfamiliar set of Comunicativeness,Expressiveness. 
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 13, 2019, 07:41:46 pm
> Think and feel ,by  mental and emotional focused vibrations  and feelings, greetings and more  : " Forgive me for making you uncertain by seeking you out ,needy-sake and curiosity-sake at that , since I too am quite uncertain about being “ unwillingly and unexpectedly shifted away in "  this place,among its inhabitants...Thank'  Heaven,still close by an active home,yours."
> Comprehension moment then,unless more clearing is prompted ,go on:   " First o'all, Hello again ! Names is, that some  of my identitu to best know and interact. aMing neighbours and such, Minamitsu Murasa from the Ocean-less and supposedly far away world of Gensokyo... ".
> If it does not decently carry/“vibrate(?) through spell and speak it.
> Pause with attention and Duly Note in the Mind,this unfamiliar set of Comunicativeness,Expressiveness. 

>You try to focus your feelings at the entity, and nothing seems to happen. You feel it is confused.
>Speaking, however, does get a reaction. At the word 'gensokyo', you definitely get a sense that it recognizes the word. From there, you can understand that it is trying to communicate a complex feeling toward you, it takes you a few moments to really make sense of it; it seems to regard itself as One Who Watches the Lights of Darkened Heaven. You get the sense that the 'wordiness' of this name arises from not quite having language, you can easily condense the feeling down to a single word: Stargazer. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6CjO0H2j0s)

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on February 13, 2019, 08:26:21 pm
Oh wow, blast from the past right there.

> "Hello, Stargazer. You have heard of Gensokyo, huh? I was just there, but now I'm here for some reason."
> Gesture all around us.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 13, 2019, 08:40:24 pm
> "Hello, Stargazer. You have heard of Gensokyo, huh? I was just there, but now I'm here for some reason."
> Gesture all around us.

>You summarize your situation. You can feel sympathy for your situation from Stargazer, and a sense that it too is very lost.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on February 13, 2019, 08:41:08 pm
> Does the surrounding area still look like a flooded, deep-sea Eientei? Or are the Eientei aspects gone?
> "Do you know where this is?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 13, 2019, 08:44:56 pm
> Does the surrounding area still look like a flooded, deep-sea Eientei? Or are the Eientei aspects gone?
> "Do you know where this is?"

>You don't immediately recognize any aspect of Eientei here. You suppose the kelp may have replaced the bamboo?
>You can feel that Stargazer has no idea where it...no, where she is. Nor any idea how she got here.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on February 13, 2019, 08:49:17 pm
> Have we made physical contact with Stargazer?
> "I also don't know how or why this happened, unfortunately. I don't suppose you were in Gensokyo as well when you were pulled here?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 13, 2019, 09:06:54 pm
> Have we made physical contact with Stargazer?
> "I also don't know how or why this happened, unfortunately. I don't suppose you were in Gensokyo as well when you were pulled here?"

>You have not.
>Stargazer pauses. The feelings come slowly from her, but you get a sense she doesn't know where she has been for a long time. She has vague recollections of another place, infinitely far away, cold and dark and crowded. Now she is here.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on February 13, 2019, 09:19:10 pm
> Look slightly mortified.
> "That sounds...unpleasant. I wonder if there is a way to bring you back to Gensokyo with me?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 13, 2019, 10:49:40 pm
> Look slightly mortified.
> "That sounds...unpleasant. I wonder if there is a way to bring you back to Gensokyo with me?"

>You feel that Stargazer is just as puzzled by that question as you are.
>She begins to move toward you, her tendrils moving to surround you.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on February 13, 2019, 11:41:16 pm
> Can we sense any malevolent intent?
> If not, let whatever is about to happen happen.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 14, 2019, 12:15:09 am
> Can we sense any malevolent intent?
> If not, let whatever is about to happen happen.

>You do not.
>She touches you, her tendrils gently wrapping around you. You brace for a sting, but it seems that either Stargazer does not sting as jellyfish and Man O' Wars do. You aren't certain what she is trying to do, but she quickly grows frustrated.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 14, 2019, 11:29:58 pm
Oh wow, blast from the past right there.

> "Hello, Stargazer. You have heard of Gensokyo, huh? I was just there, but now I'm here for some reason."
> Gesture all around us.
// If I am right ,she is From"Utsuho  " (Okuu) Quest" :Stargazer" was the mostly-sealed away and separated Hakatuku(Youkai Supernatural)-side of Keine. She was supposed to be reunited with Keine,but there were rightful and proved doubts about some secondary aspects of the Hsitory Fixing. //

> " Stargazer,are you trying to form some helpful transfer,link,bond or union with me ...? If so we should work and time it together .... "
> "... and this is going to be of help and clearance for the both of us : my kind is that of a Sea-Ghost,a very vengeful and dangeous sort until I was willingly reformed by Buakuren Hijiri even before coming to Gensokyo...
 > " ...This means I am spiritual youkai with a spiritual body with ties and links to large bodies of water such the one we are at the bottom of and it has some strong and weird links-ties over both me and yourself" .
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 15, 2019, 01:17:47 am
> " Stargazer,are you trying to form some helpful transfer,link,bond or union with me ...? If so we should work and time it together .... "
> "... and this is going to be of help and clearance for the both of us : my kind is that of a Sea-Ghost,a very vengeful and dangeous sort until I was willingly reformed by Buakuren Hijiri even before coming to Gensokyo...
 > " ...This means I am spiritual youkai with a spiritual body with ties and links to large bodies of water such the one we are at the bottom of and it has some strong and weird links-ties over both me and yourself" .

>There is a sort of awkward "silence", before you feel a flood of realization and something like embarrassment from her as she lets you go.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 15, 2019, 08:38:16 pm
>There is a sort of awkward "silence", before you feel a flood of realization and something like embarrassment from her as she lets you go.

>_
> "Don't get discouraged : you seemed to know what you were about to do "
> " If  you have successfully tried this one out before ,did you recall who was the other fellow or some the characteristics ?".
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 15, 2019, 08:59:00 pm
> "Don't get discouraged : you seemed to know what you were about to do "
> " If  you have successfully tried this one out before ,did you recall who was the other fellow or some the characteristics ?".

>You get the feeling she didn't realize you were a ghost.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 15, 2019, 09:29:42 pm
>You get the feeling she didn't realize you were a ghost.

>_
> " Is this your first time meeting up a with a spirit or a ghost? Is that why you seemed to mistake me for another,though can't say which one,kind of youkai ?".
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 16, 2019, 07:50:05 pm
> " Is this your first time meeting up a with a spirit or a ghost? Is that why you seemed to mistake me for another,though can't say which one,kind of youkai ?".

>She isn't sure, but she thinks so.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 18, 2019, 08:16:22 pm
>She isn't sure, but she thinks so.

>_
> " We should really, really try out again to communicate and bond together..."
> " ... With these improvements : this time I am gonna try and get as corporeal,as material, as I can get and we are gonna synch and link it up together with a better timing and synch ".
" > When ready, we should have the best outcome .So agreed  and ready ,Stargazer?"
> Wait for a a go-signal, focus and begin turning as corporeal as possible ,especially in relation to the Stargazer-man o'war.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 18, 2019, 11:07:54 pm
> " We should really, really try out again to communicate and bond together..."
> " ... With these improvements : this time I am gonna try and get as corporeal,as material, as I can get and we are gonna synch and link it up together with a better timing and synch ".
" > When ready, we should have the best outcome .So agreed  and ready ,Stargazer?"
> Wait for a a go-signal, focus and begin turning as corporeal as possible ,especially in relation to the Stargazer-man o'war.

>She seems to generally get what you're saying.
>You focus on the trying to make yourself as corporeal as possible. Stargazer touches you again, and nothing happened. You sense she is slightly frustrated with herself.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on February 19, 2019, 04:50:39 am
> "Hmm...perhaps I should try going in the other direction. Please, try again."
> Try going incorporeal instead, and wait to see what contact with Stargazer does.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 19, 2019, 07:03:57 am
> "Hmm...perhaps I should try going in the other direction. Please, try again."
> Try going incorporeal instead, and wait to see what contact with Stargazer does.

>You try to go incorporeal. It is not easy, you're not well practiced at this, but feel yourself slip through Stargazer. From her, you get a sensation of surprise, then understanding. A moment later, you can feel her slip into yourself. It is a very strange feeling, even for yourself, as if someone has grabbed into your misty insides and are clinging to them fiercely.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on February 19, 2019, 11:42:08 am
> "That's...working..."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 19, 2019, 09:03:04 pm
 > "This is sure a novel kind of “ sharing a bond ...?"
> Think and say: “ How are  you faring,Stargazer? ".
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 19, 2019, 10:14:58 pm
> "That's...working..."

> "This is sure a novel kind of “ sharing a bond ...?"
> Think and say: “ How are  you faring,Stargazer? ".

>You ultimately get the feeling she is just sort of clinging into your for dear life. so to speak.
>Stargazer seems to be focusing very hard on holding onto you, but also seems to be a bit frustrated.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on February 19, 2019, 10:44:40 pm
> So she is able to touch us both when we are corporeal and when we are incorporeal?
> Is she fully 'inside' us now?
> What happens when we re-materialize while overlapping with a solid object?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 19, 2019, 11:51:12 pm
> So she is able to touch us both when we are corporeal and when we are incorporeal?
> Is she fully 'inside' us now?
> What happens when we re-materialize while overlapping with a solid object?

>Yes.
>...Not really. It's more like she's reached inside you and is clinging to your internal ethers.
>You are unable to do this.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on February 20, 2019, 12:06:21 am
> Try becoming corporeal again, while she's still reaching.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 20, 2019, 12:44:34 am
> Try becoming corporeal again, while she's still reaching.

>You try to, and find her tendrils are gently pushed out of you as you take on solid form again.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on February 20, 2019, 01:05:40 am
> "Did that feel any different? Perhaps any more successful?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 20, 2019, 02:53:01 am
> "Did that feel any different? Perhaps any more successful?"

>She feels confused and uncertain. and not very confident.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 21, 2019, 10:33:00 am
>She feels confused and uncertain. and not very confident.

>_
> While turning back spiritual again,demark the approximate or even exact area(s) to which Stargazer is clinging.
> Measure out,balance out, gently define and turn that(those) into a sort-of focused-spiritual-bubble-carry.
> Shifts in the comfort of Stargazer's grip and general comfort ?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 21, 2019, 08:30:44 pm
> While turning back spiritual again,demark the approximate or even exact area(s) to which Stargazer is clinging.
> Measure out,balance out, gently define and turn that(those) into a sort-of focused-spiritual-bubble-carry.
> Shifts in the comfort of Stargazer's grip and general comfort ?

>You go incorporeal once more. Stargazer seems to intuit your intentions, and attempts to cling to you again.
>You try to analyze this situation when the water pressure around you suddenly vanishes. Where there was kelp and ocean floor, there is now just a room full of shelves. A few of them have been knocked over. and their contents scattered about; a collection of what looks like herbs and powders and and bottles that have thankfully not broken. The entire room is stocked similarly, at a glance. A couple rabbits seem to be at work cleaning up the mess, but they break out into shrieks as your ghostly form manifests only a short distance away from them.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on February 21, 2019, 08:44:57 pm
> Look suddenly shocked.
> "Uh, sorry! Sorry!"
> Dash out of the room.
> Is Stargazer still attached to us?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 21, 2019, 11:54:43 pm
> Look suddenly shocked.
> "Uh, sorry! Sorry!"
> Dash out of the room.
> Is Stargazer still attached to us?

>You dash your incorporeal form out of the room, to more screams. You come out to a hallway. You think this is close to where you were fighting the dancers. In fact, looking around, you think this was the battlefield.
>You do not see Stargazer anywhere, nor do you feel her emotions. But you think you can feel something still holding onto your essence.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on February 22, 2019, 12:54:52 am
> Look ourselves over.
> "Stargazer? Are you still there?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 22, 2019, 03:03:17 am
> Look ourselves over.
> "Stargazer? Are you still there?"

>You look yourself over. You are green and translucent, your body kind of indistinct. Nothing seems awry.
>There is no reply.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on February 22, 2019, 11:36:48 am
> Return to normal.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 22, 2019, 06:26:08 pm
> Return to normal.

>You return to your normal, more comfortable state.
>Moments later, a few couple rabbits burst in from another direction; probably their dorm if you recall correctly, looking around wildly and then focusing on you. A moment later, Tojiko drifts out after them.
>"We heard screaming!" one of the rabbits says.
>"There you are!" Tojiko says. "Let me guess, another trip to the beach?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 22, 2019, 10:24:49 pm
>You return to your normal, more comfortable state.
>Moments later, a few couple rabbits burst in from another direction; probably their dorm if you recall correctly, looking around wildly and then focusing on you. A moment later, Tojiko drifts out after them.
>"We heard screaming!" one of the rabbits says.
>"There you are!" Tojiko says. "Let me guess, another trip to the beach?"

>_
// "Stargazer",she is likely to be ,"mostly and not wholly", mostly un-manifested,un-acclimated,dormant,un-needed (short-term) so far; especially,for the moment , out of the "Unfamiliar Ghostly Summon of the (Minamitsu)  Murasa to THAT Ocean Floor( en.tohouwiki.net -> Ship phantoms (船幽霊 funayuurei) are ghosts of those who have drowned at sea. They use their ladles to sink boats ). "//

> Shift some of our whole self and focus where we felt "Stargazer" is supposed to be felt.
 > Turn Apologetically to the rabbits :"Real sorry about the scare when I was unexpectedly back here and this fuzzy explaining: I as well am fuzzy and unprepared about nearly all of it!
> " Sure is I was  " unexpectedly and unwillingly materialized away at a good time" ,that's when helping Danmakuing those Kidnapping Dancers to rescue that Uncoscious Baku..."
> Turn to Tojiko,bemused: " ...Yes a trip to that " weird deep beach " with more scenario every time and this time a new...someone quite friendly and benevolent as well as unexpected... ."
 > " ...Though,later''s later. Right now it would be best to know about the time passed and everything possible about , ..."trying"...the mentioned Rescue on Battling those 2 Green-Pink out of their "Job" ,as they kept saying".
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 23, 2019, 09:49:52 am
> Shift some of our whole self and focus where we felt "Stargazer" is supposed to be felt.
 > Turn Apologetically to the rabbits :"Real sorry about the scare when I was unexpectedly back here and this fuzzy explaining: I as well am fuzzy and unprepared about nearly all of it!
> " Sure is I was  " unexpectedly and unwillingly materialized away at a good time" ,that's when helping Danmakuing those Kidnapping Dancers to rescue that Uncoscious Baku..."
> Turn to Tojiko,bemused: " ...Yes a trip to that " weird deep beach " with more scenario every time and this time a new...someone quite friendly and benevolent as well as unexpected... ."
 > " ...Though,later''s later. Right now it would be best to know about the time passed and everything possible about , ..."trying"...the mentioned Rescue on Battling those 2 Green-Pink out of their "Job" ,as they kept saying".

>You cannot turn incorporeal and speak, it takes some concentration.
>"Well, uh, don't do that," says one of the rabbits.
>"We're on high alert and stuff." another adds.
>"Things kind of fell apart after you left," says Tojiko.
>"Because you zapped everybody," one of the rabbits mumbles.
>"Look," says Tojiko, fixing a look of her own on the rabbit, "I was trying to stop them, and I didn't have time to plot out every little thing, okay? I'm sorry most of you ended up getting in range, alright?"
>"Yeah yeah, sure sure," says the rabbit.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 23, 2019, 07:31:25 pm
>You cannot turn incorporeal and speak, it takes some concentration.
>"Well, uh, don't do that," says one of the rabbits.
>"We're on high alert and stuff." another adds.
>"Things kind of fell apart after you left," says Tojiko.
>"Because you zapped everybody," one of the rabbits mumbles.
>"Look," says Tojiko, fixing a look of her own on the rabbit, "I was trying to stop them, and I didn't have time to plot out every little thing, okay? I'm sorry most of you ended up getting in range, alright?"
>"Yeah yeah, sure sure," says the rabbit.

>_
> " So the gist of it,until more details are revealed,is that unfortunately the Dancer Duo succeeded in the Kidnapping and they shook away any pursuing and tracking attempts...".
> Pause for responses then:  " ... Is it possible to be lead to the place where they managed the get-away ? "
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 25, 2019, 02:07:57 am
> " So the gist of it,until more details are revealed,is that unfortunately the Dancer Duo succeeded in the Kidnapping and they shook away any pursuing and tracking attempts...".
> Pause for responses then:  " ... Is it possible to be lead to the place where they managed the get-away ? "

>"...More or less, yeah," says Tojiko.
>"Maybe," Tojiko says, "But Eirin was wanting to talk with you, first."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 25, 2019, 10:51:46 pm
>"...More or less, yeah," says Tojiko.
>"Maybe," Tojiko says, "But Eirin was wanting to talk with you, first."

>_
// ~ None must have qualms in honestly and helpfully partecipating ~//

 > " Alrighty then " , nod, " to Eirin and to better tides ".
> Nod-glance to Tojiko :"And ,please, with  your company ,if you do agree ,Tojiko, during at least part of the talks since we have bee helpfully investigating through this ,dare I say it...Incident together for while ".
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 26, 2019, 03:44:34 am
> " Alrighty then " , nod, " to Eirin and to better tides ".
> Nod-glance to Tojiko :"And ,please, with  your company ,if you do agree Tojiko, during at least part of the talks since we have bee helpfully investigating through this ,dare I say it...Incident together for while ".

>"Yeah, sure, I'll come," says Tojiko, and starts to float out the door. "She's this way."
>You follow Tojiko back into the rabbit's dorm. It is fairly quietly, but you immediately see a number of rabbits with danmaku wounds resting in scattered beds. A tall woman with long silver hair stands over one, wearing a dress of alternating red and blue sections. She glances back as Tojiko drifts in, and gives you a nod. "Miss Murasa, it is good to see you again."

>_

Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 27, 2019, 12:35:14 am
>"Yeah, sure, I'll come," says Tojiko, and starts to float out the door. "She's this way."
>You follow Tojiko back into the rabbit's dorm. It is fairly quietly, but you immediately see a number of rabbits with danmaku wounds resting in scattered beds. A tall woman with long silver hair stands over one, wearing a dress of alternating red and blue sections. She glances back as Tojiko drifts in, and gives you a nod. "Miss Murasa, it is good to see you again."

>_

// Uuu...From now on I should try and correct my style of talking,ref. prev. reply, by Murasa to Tojiko since it is somehow too verbose and formal for the 2 of them. being with a fairly spontaneous nature and ,in this CYOA, having been sharing some familiarity . //

> How are the Myouren Temple and our personal relations with Eientei ?
> Look at the bedridden rabbit with a grimace then face and nod back to Eirin : " It is good to see and have talks with you as well about this // Please, Omit or Insert  “ miss " depending on Murasa's relations // , miss Eirin , not good are its  consequences " ..
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 27, 2019, 03:43:56 am
> How are the Myouren Temple and our personal relations with Eientei ?
> Look at the bedridden rabbit with a grimace then face and nod back to Eirin : " It is good to see and have talks with you as well about this // Please, Omit or Insert  “ miss " depending on Murasa's relations // , miss Eirin , not good are its  consequences " ..

>There aren't any real ties between the Myouren Temple and Eientei, but there's no past issues either.  You've visited here every few months or so, so you are a known face, but not particularly close to anyone.
>"We've grown a little too dependant on Udonge," Eirin says "They would choose to strike while she is out selling medicine... Thank you for doing what you could."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 27, 2019, 11:33:45 pm
>There aren't any real ties between the Myouren Temple and Eientei, but there's no past issues either.  You've visited here every few months or so, so you are a known face, but not particularly close to anyone.
>"We've grown a little too dependant on Udonge," Eirin says "They would choose to strike while she is out selling medicine... Thank you for doing what you could."

>_
> " I wish I could have helped out even more ,if not for a certain recurring interference which caught up at a bad time... "
> "...But more importantly : that means those two kidnapping dancers knew when to strike and were more or less familiar with how Security worked around here... "
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 28, 2019, 01:35:04 am
> " I wish I could have helped out even more ,if not for a certain recurring interference which caught up at a bad time... "
> "...But more importantly : that means those two kidnapping dancers knew when to strike and were more or less familiar with how Security worked around here... "

>"That may be," says Eirin. "I was wondering is you had any insights to add?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on February 28, 2019, 03:02:21 pm
>"They were already attacking when I got here, and my... problem started acting up again before I could really stop 'em. So I'm afraid all I know is that they seem to have kidnapped the baku, Doremy Sweet. I came here looking for Doremy actually, I'd heard she was around... I wonder if those kidnappers heard that too and that's why they dropped in?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 28, 2019, 06:33:46 pm
>"They were already attacking when I got here, and my... problem started acting up again before I could really stop 'em. So I'm afraid all I know is that they seem to have kidnapped the baku, Doremy Sweet. I came here looking for Doremy actually, I'd heard she was around... I wonder if those kidnappers heard that too and that's why they dropped in?"

>Eirin nods as you reply, says "Get some rest, you'll be fine in an hour," to the rabbit she was looking over, then gestures for you to follow as she moves away.
>"Are they your enemies?" says Eirin. "I should have guessed that is why the came, but I had to consider the Princess' safety, and moved to keep her safe. Otherwise I might have repelled them myself."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 28, 2019, 08:06:06 pm
>Eirin nods as you reply, says "Get some rest, you'll be fine in an hour," to the rabbit she was looking over, then gestures for you to follow as she moves away.
>"Are they your enemies?" says Eirin. "I should have guessed that is why the came, but I had to consider the Princess' safety, and moved to keep her safe. Otherwise I might have repelled them myself."

>_
//  Please ,do correct :) me if I am wrong/unclear.Thanks :) .  //

> " They are new faces,as far as known,that are going to be doing repentance and reparation before Doremy Sweet,Eientei,myself and anyone they wronged ."
 > " If it can be of additional help,they acted like they were performing a dance while zealously  doing a committed job rather than an heinous act and they were fairly surprised to find so much resistance ."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on February 28, 2019, 09:51:56 pm
> " They are new faces,as far as known,that are going to be doing repentance and reparation before Doremy Sweet,Eientei,myself and anyone they wronged ."
 > " If it can be of additional help,they acted like they were performing a dance while zealously  doing a committed job rather than an heinous act and they were fairly surprised to find so much resistance ."

>Eirin nods. "So you don't know them. I have a strong suspicion they work for Matara."
>If you are not mistaken, she is referring to a deity that is...fairly unknown. You've seen a little shrine to her in the back of the butcher shop, you've heard a leather tanner mention her names, people on the lowest social rung. You don't know much about this deity other than those are the only people who seem to pay her any mind. However, you have also heard she was responsible for the seasons being strange a little while ago...

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 02, 2019, 12:00:01 am
>Eirin nods. "So you don't know them. I have a strong suspicion they work for Matara."
>If you are not mistaken, she is referring to a deity that is...fairly unknown. You've seen a little shrine to her in the back of the butcher shop, you've heard a leather tanner mention her names, people on the lowest social rung. You don't know much about this deity other than those are the only people who seem to pay her any mind. However, you have also heard she was responsible for the seasons being strange a little while ago...

>_
//  :ohdear: Polishing,clarity,expressiveness  was needed before replying //

> Before explanation,be a dear to Tojiko->turn to face her with smile,beckon her closer,if necessary.
> Fistpalm : " That's a floating ship ! Thanks a load, miss Eirin ! "
" > I have learnt ,and still plan to be learning in this necessity, a few important facts and locations about Matara,something significant is: she is a fairly cryptic and unknown one,except for most people low on the social ladder in the Human Village, she had a main role in the Last Incident and the Seasons ,she being a Deity  on top of all that". 
> " In the end this leads to Matara as the "Prime Suspect" and her agents the" Kidnapping Dancer Duo" alongside the poor Baku Doremy Sweet "Needed Victim" for a much larger scheme....with chances of large side-effects and troubles to boot...
> "... Be as it may ,any useful help and effort, minimal to the greatest, is and is always going to be welcomed and encouraged by the Myouren Temple, me personally and anyone who truly wish and act for good, like yours, the rabbits and surely Tojiko " - gesture to Tojiko .

Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 02, 2019, 09:43:55 am
> Before explanation,be a dear to Tojiko->turn to face her with smile,beckon her closer,if necessary.
> Fistpalm : " That's a floating ship ! Thanks a load, miss Eirin ! "
" > I have learnt ,and still plan to be learning in this necessity, a few important facts and locations about Matara,something significant is: she is a fairly cryptic and unknown one,except for most people low on the social ladder in the Human Village, she had a main role in the Last Incident and the Seasons ,she being a Deity  on top of all that". 
> " In the end this leads to Matara as the "Prime Suspect" and her agents the" Kidnapping Dancer Duo" alongside the poor Baku Doremy Sweet "Needed Victim" for a much larger scheme....with chances of large side-effects and troubles to boot...
> "... Be as it may ,any useful help and effort, minimal to the greatest, is and is always going to be welcomed and encouraged by the Myouren Temple, me personally and anyone who truly wish and act for good, like yours, the rabbits and surely Tojiko " - gesture to Tojiko .

>Tojiko has been floating to your side, she gives you a polite nod,
>Eirin nods as well as you display your knowledge of Matara, and theorize about her schemes. "As well, they raided a storage room, before attempting their kidnapping, I will need to take stock of the damage, there simple hasn't been time yet."
>The sage leads you out of the dormitory, and down hall. "There is one other thing."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 03, 2019, 02:49:50 am
>Tojiko has been floating to your side, she gives you a polite nod,
>Eirin nods as well as you display your knowledge of Matara, and theorize about her schemes. "As well, they raided a storage room, before attempting their kidnapping, I will need to take stock of the damage, there simple hasn't been time yet."
>The sage leads you out of the dormitory, and down hall. "There is one other thing."

>_
> " Yes almost always best to check on people before items ".
> "We are fearing the same:  it is very likely that another one of Matara's,with mayhap an hidden ally of her, Scheme pieces was pilfered by one of your storerooms, at least an important clue to that. "
> " We are all ears ."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 04, 2019, 02:21:28 am
> " Yes almost always best to check on people before items ".
> "We are fearing the same:  it is very likely that another one of Matara's,with mayhap an hidden ally of her, Scheme pieces was pilfered by one of your storerooms, at least an important clue to that. "
> " We are all ears ."

>"Here," Eirin says as she opens a door.
>Inside, you find what looks like a fairly large linen closet. More of a linen room, really, filled with shelves holding various sheets, towels, and the like. You can see a few rabbits, you pick out Tewi among them, watching over the Dancer in Green. The dancer clearly did not take well to your danmaku and whatever Tojiko may have done, and is currently kneeling, with her arms bound by what you assume is a pillow case..
>"Your efforts weren't entirely in vain," says Eirin.

>_

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 04, 2019, 05:55:33 am
>"Oh, that's definitely something.  Has she talked at all?"
>Take this opportunity to get a more thorough look at her.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 04, 2019, 08:20:26 pm
>"Oh, that's definitely something.  Has she talked at all?"
>Take this opportunity to get a more thorough look at her.

>"I haven't had the time to ask her anything yet," says Eirin.
>"Hasn't said anything useful at all," Tewi says.
>The dancer looks at you and your companions, her eyes watery and lower lip quivering. She's barely bothering to hold herself up.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 05, 2019, 08:51:48 am
>Turn to the dancer exasperatedly.
>"Hey, where'd your friend take that baku? I really need to ask her about something."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 05, 2019, 09:31:33 am
>Turn to the dancer exasperatedly.
>"Hey, where'd your friend take that baku? I really need to ask her about something."

>"I wanna go home..." the dancer in green whimpers. Is that a tear streaking down her face?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 05, 2019, 10:00:25 am
>Look somewhat taken aback.
>"Oh uh, I guess you aren't much of a hardened criminal. How'd someone like you get caught up in kidnapping someone?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 05, 2019, 06:33:33 pm
>Look somewhat taken aback.
>"Oh uh, I guess you aren't much of a hardened criminal. How'd someone like you get caught up in kidnapping someone?"

>"Can I go home?" she mutters.
>"Yeah, she's been kind of like this the whole time," Tewi says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 05, 2019, 07:24:51 pm
>Look to Eirin.
>"What do you plan to do with her?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 05, 2019, 08:54:42 pm
>Look to Eirin.
>"What do you plan to do with her?"

>"I haven't decided," says Eirin.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 05, 2019, 10:58:00 pm
>"Well how about we let her go home... on the condition that she takes me with her so I can sort out this mess."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 05, 2019, 11:00:32 pm
>"Well how about we let her go home... on the condition that she takes me with her so I can sort out this mess."

>"That sounds very foolish," says Eirin. "You would be practically letting her lead you into a trap. But, hm, I suppose I don't mind if you can get some basic information out of her, first."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 06, 2019, 01:13:40 am
>To the dancer: "You hear that? You can go home if you answer our questions."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 06, 2019, 07:21:56 am
>To the dancer: "You hear that? You can go home if you answer our questions."

>The dancer looks up at you. "R-really?"
>"Yes, I suppose," Eirin says.
>"...You're too scary..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 06, 2019, 12:42:26 pm
>The dancer looks up at you. "R-really?"
>"Yes, I suppose," Eirin says.
>"...You're too scary..."

>_

// I hope none minds,and in that case feel free ;)  to countermand and/or make a "corrective reply",if I start out  with just a question to both make clear the context and test out sincerity .( IMHO-In my humble opinion ) I do suggest that the question enabling Murasa to be "escorted   :ohdear: " to (Okina) "Matara"'s Realm should be saved   for the "final rounds" . Thanks for listening/reading.//

> Calm smile to the green dancer :" No worry there,it is just a chat with questions to clear out doubts."
> " First, were you and your partner greatly involved in the " Last Season-Affecting Incident "?

Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 06, 2019, 07:25:40 pm
>"Well first of all, what's your name? Kind of awkward to have a conversation if we don't even know that."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 06, 2019, 07:44:37 pm
>"Well first of all, what's your name? Kind of awkward to have a conversation if we don't even know that."

> Calm smile to the green dancer :" No worry there,it is just a chat with questions to clear out doubts."
> " First, were you and your partner greatly involved in the " Last Season-Affecting Incident "?

>"M-Mai," she mumbles, looking around at the various people around her.
>She doesn't seem interested in answering the following question, she seems more distracted worrying about the rabbits and Eirin.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 07, 2019, 09:22:45 pm
>"Would it help if there were less people in here?"
>Look to Eirin to see if she'll allow that.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 07, 2019, 09:54:23 pm
>"Would it help if there were less people in here?"
>Look to Eirin to see if she'll allow that.

>Mai nods a little.
>"Do you think you can handle her?" Eirin says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 07, 2019, 09:59:43 pm
>"It doesn't look like there's any fight left in her, it'll be fine."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 07, 2019, 10:07:25 pm
// Funny how in the Touhou Japanese Original she should introduce herself as " Minamitsu"  :] . //


> " I shall do my best neither to underestimate the situation nor to abuse it ".
> Look back to Mai : " Glad to know,Mai,mine's Murasa."
> Take a pause among the replies and try to focus and feel within the presence of Stargazer .
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 07, 2019, 11:27:44 pm
>"It doesn't look like there's any fight left in her, it'll be fine."

> " I shall do my best neither to underestimate the situation nor to abuse it ".
> Look back to Mai : " Glad to know,Mai,mine's Murasa."
> Take a pause among the replies and try to focus and feel within the presence of Stargazer .

>"Alright," says Eirin. She looks to the rabbits. "You all can get back to whatever you're doing. Once Reisen gets back, bring her to me immediately." The sage then looks to you and says, "I'll go have a look over in the storage room."
>Eirin departs, and the rabbits filter out. You hear one of them muttering to the other, "She just wants someone to cuddle and maker her feel better for blowing things this bad, y'know."
>Soon you, Mai, and Tojiko are left alone. You introduce yourself to Mai. Tojiko says, "I'm Soga no Tojiko. No hard feelings about before."
>"I wanna go home..." Mai says, looking at you with watery eyes.
>You don't feel anything like Stargazer around, but perhaps it's simply too busy here?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 08, 2019, 12:12:05 am
>"Alright," says Eirin. She looks to the rabbits. "You all can get back to whatever you're doing. Once Reisen gets back, bring her to me immediately." The sage then looks to you and says, "I'll go have a look over in the storage room."
>Eirin departs, and the rabbits filter out. You hear one of them muttering to the other, "She just wants someone to cuddle and maker her feel better for blowing things this bad, y'know."
>Soon you, Mai, and Tojiko are left alone. You introduce yourself to Mai. Tojiko says, "I'm Soga no Tojiko. No hard feelings about before."
>"I wanna go home..." Mai says, looking at you with watery eyes.
>You don't feel anything like Stargazer around, but perhaps it's simply too busy here?

>_
> Perphaps Stargazer is sort-of shy around strangers or has not yet adapted to being transported to Gensokyo..
>  Calmly to Mai : " After we all have a clearer picture of the situation at hand,you can certainly return home ."
> " Speaking of home,would you mind telling us about your home and who is waiting to welcome you back there ? " .
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 08, 2019, 07:34:37 am
> Perphaps Stargazer is sort-of shy around strangers or has not yet adapted to being transported to Gensokyo..
>  Calmly to Mai : " After we all have a clearer picture of the situation at hand,you can certainly return home ."
> " Speaking of home,would you mind telling us about your home and who is waiting to welcome you back there ? " .

>Who knows where Stargazer is?
>"...I miss Satono..," Mai says, sobbing again.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 09, 2019, 04:54:48 pm
>Who knows where Stargazer is?
>"...I miss Satono..," Mai says, sobbing again.

>_

> This "Satono" is likely her pink dancer partner,unless something or someone definitely proves her to be otherwise.
> Reassuring smile :" I am sure she dearly misses you as well until she welcomes you back , but is she the only one at your home ? ".
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 09, 2019, 10:56:33 pm
>"Who's Satono?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 10, 2019, 06:44:17 pm
>"Who's Satono?"

>"My sister," Mai mumbles, "I miss her..."

> This "Satono" is likely her pink dancer partner,unless something or someone definitely proves her to be otherwise.
> Reassuring smile :" I am sure she dearly misses you as well until she welcomes you back , but is she the only one at your home ? ".

>You assume she is the dancer in pink, and press on.
>"Uh-huh," Mai says. "But I'm not allowed to say..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 10, 2019, 08:54:31 pm
>"Well, what can you tell me? Because the people that live here are going to want to know why you broke into their house."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 11, 2019, 02:07:26 am
>"Well, what can you tell me? Because the people that live here are going to want to know why you broke into their house."

>"Because we were told to..." says Mai. "We had to get the stuff, and the baku..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 11, 2019, 03:44:34 am
>"There are better ways to get someone's help than kidnapping them you know. What did you need a baku for anyway?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 11, 2019, 05:04:08 am
>"Because we were told to..." says Mai. "We had to get the stuff, and the baku..."

>_
//Remember that Mai has regained some courage from the very little she had been since captured and separated ; it would be best to follow a golden rule set of "Delicate First,Firm Secondary,No Clues Lost to too much of the 1st or the 2nd " until the is more upfront ,as far as she is capable like this,especially for the non-allowed and mostly-non-allowed parts . More precisely she is not going to talk about what she is not allowed to  explain,surely not directly ; she would be the same even if free and especially about those finer details she might know, but  much more unknown are unknown to both of the "Dancers Sisters "  . Yet we can make,and are making,her brush and reveal some pieces of that kind by talking more on the general&indirect-side ; of course the allowed parts,even ambiguously so, should been,and have been,open to more of the detail&direct-side while still in a balance//.

> " In addition to that,would you say that both the stuff and the Baku,whose name's Doremy Sweet, were both from here, Eientei ,and for that same aim ? "
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 11, 2019, 05:42:48 am
>"There are better ways to get someone's help than kidnapping them you know. What did you need a baku for anyway?"

> " In addition to that,would you say that both the stuff and the Baku,whose name's Doremy Sweet, were both from here, Eientei ,and for that same aim ? "


>"Because we were told to," says Mai. "...I wanna go home."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 11, 2019, 07:20:03 am
>"You were just following orders without being told why? You must really respect your boss, I can relate."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 11, 2019, 08:38:43 am
>"You were just following orders without being told why? You must really respect your boss, I can relate."

>She nods a little.
>"Just kind of a foot soldier, huh?" Tojiko says, floating near you with her arms crossed. "I guess it makes sense, if Eirin's right about who she works for."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 11, 2019, 09:04:21 am
>"You mean whoever this Matara is?"
>Watch Mai's reaction very closely.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 11, 2019, 06:58:39 pm
>"You mean whoever this Matara is?"
>Watch Mai's reaction very closely.

>"Mhm," says Tojiko.
>Mai is probably on the verge of sobbing again. It's hard to tell if she reacts or not, she's not really looking at you or anything. But if there is a reaction, it is subtle.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 11, 2019, 07:55:52 pm
>"Mhm," says Tojiko.
>Mai is probably on the verge of sobbing again. It's hard to tell if she reacts or not, she's not really looking at you or anything. But if there is a reaction, it is subtle.

>_
> Back to Mai with a soft smile : " There,there,we are not going back on the fact we are keeping this up no longer than needed ,just to clear out some doubts. "
> Back To Tojiko : " Besides that, one thing buggin' me is if this has some relation being just after Last Seasons-Affecting Incident whose rumours are still somehow about. "
> Sneak a glance back to Mai to see wants to add something or is hinting to.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Serela on March 11, 2019, 09:50:45 pm
>Quietly to Tojiko. "I wonder if we could try an' trade her for the baku they kidnapped..."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 11, 2019, 11:28:47 pm
> Back to Mai with a soft smile : " There,there,we are not going back on the fact we are keeping this up no longer than needed ,just to clear out some doubts. "
> Back To Tojiko : " Besides that, one thing buggin' me is if this has some relation being just after Last Seasons-Affecting Incident whose rumours are still somehow about. "
> Sneak a glance back to Mai to see wants to add something or is hinting to.

>Quietly to Tojiko. "I wonder if we could try an' trade her for the baku they kidnapped..."

>"No idea about the incident," Tojiko says with a shrug. "Definitely something to keep in mind, though. As for trading? Maybe? We'd have to find them first."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 12, 2019, 05:45:20 am
>Turn back to Mai.
>"What was that 'stuff' you were told to get that you mentioned earlier?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 12, 2019, 06:24:56 am
>Turn back to Mai.
>"What was that 'stuff' you were told to get that you mentioned earlier?"

>"..Satono had the list," she mumbles. "I want to see her again..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 12, 2019, 08:14:54 am
>"Ok, I know you're probably not supposed to but, if you answer these last two questions we can go to your home."
>"Were you following Matara's orders, and where did Satono take that baku?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 12, 2019, 10:03:29 pm
>"Ok, I know you're probably not supposed to but, if you answer these last two questions we can go to your home."
>"Were you following Matara's orders, and where did Satono take that baku?"

>"I'm not supposed to say," Mai says, "But she probably went home."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 12, 2019, 11:58:35 pm
>"I'm not supposed to say," Mai says, "But she probably went home."

>_
> " But were you not worried about the safety of your home while you two were following orders out here  ? "
> " For that matter Is your home distant or close from here ? "
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on March 13, 2019, 01:20:06 am
>"That answer isn't good enough you lily-livered land lubber!"
>Stab Mai with our parrot.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Hello Purvis on March 13, 2019, 05:55:26 am
> " But were you not worried about the safety of your home while you two were following orders out here  ? "
> " For that matter Is your home distant or close from here ? "

>"It's both," she mutters.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Suwako Moriya on March 13, 2019, 12:13:23 pm
A gentle reminder that you've hit 1000~