Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: Raikaria on March 28, 2019, 11:37:17 pm

Title: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on March 28, 2019, 11:37:17 pm
> You continue to be Rumia
(https://safebooru.org//images/2653/695e3ff9ef1d3a771eab6f812a088b247ca70d0b.jpg?2763042)

> It's been quite the eventful day for you. Well; two days now. Ever since you bumped into that Louise character, you've stumbled upon another World. Literally, since you went to Makai [Along with Kogasa]. While there, you discovered the cause of the current incident plaugeing Gensokyo, Phantom Daemons crossing over searching for the seal between Makai and Gensokyo; and powerful magical items, most notably the Grimoire of Alice. Specifically, these deamons seem to be a heretic cult who oppose the Goddess of Makai; Shinki. You also got your ability to see in the dark restored by Shinki, and discovered the cruel nature of your ribbon, acting as a seal woven into the fabric of your being in such a way tampering could easily be fatal. However, in crossing into Makai you inadvertently released an evil spirit named Mima, who promptly blew up the Hakurei Shrine. You were also given some candies by Shinki designed to help non-Makaians breathe in Makai.

> While in Makai; you saved a deamon who was working for the Heretics from being exterminated by Yumeko for his crimes; named Mayina. He's not very happy about his banishment to Gensokyo. Yumeko has stated he is your responsibility, and should he return to Makai, she will come for you as price of breaking the agreement.

> Your return to Gensokyo was stifled by a new barrier, but Okina Matara, a Youkai Sage, created a backdoor into Gensokyo for you, and took interest in your actions.

> Back in Gensokyo, upon reuniting with your friends, you discovered, via a commotion at the SDM, that someone had caused Remilia's sister to escape. You found Flandre and played Hide-and-Seek with her Four of a Kind, only to encounter a strange Shrine-Maiden like phantom and a powerful vampire from Makai named Elis, whom Remilia and Sakuya immediately attacked.

> After helping Keine against overwhelming numbers of attacks over the Human Villiage, you proceeded to the Forest of Magic to give Alice a letter from Shinki. However, almost immediately after this, Elis apeared, casting an Illusionary spell which you were only spared from thanks to your Darkness Sphere blocking the light she cast. The Vampire is currently challenging you for her own amusement, and retreat at best means she'll get her hands on Alice's Grimoire and escape. She is currently waiting for you to make the first move, although her patience for this seems short...

> The current party is Wriggle; Mystia; Cirno; Daiyousei; Kogasa and Mayina, although all of them are currently incapacitated having been caught in Elis' Illusion.

> There is a document here with relation status with characters: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kXTuH60F-0z7iCl90DyS22gwYSK44igteW8LRz_J0KM/edit?usp=sharing
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 28, 2019, 11:39:20 pm
>Don't commit to any plans until there's a general agreement.

//Okay we need a plan.

//Edit: will be at work until 10 pm MDT. Won't be able to respond to proposals until around 10:30-10:40. Might respond on break if one occurs before then, but only if my response doesn't require a lot of typing.

//See you all then.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on March 29, 2019, 12:33:04 am
> Declare "Moonlight Ray" but actually hold out the card so the spell doesn't activate just make an intimidating pose/movement with our arms instead
> Perform a non-spell imitation of Moonlight Ray (still using danmaku, not lethal bullets of course)
> Act like we're in a trance and be indifferent to what she's doing and observe her behavior

> Discreetly align some of the rings in Moonlight ray to so they hit our friends in the off chance this wakes them up (Don't do this if we think Elis will notice, also don't hit Cirno, Daiyousei or Mayina)

> Discreetly align some of the rings in Moonlight Ray to miss above the treeline (Don't do this if we think Elis will notice)

> Be conservative with our spell and make the bullets shes unlikely to go near (like the ones spawned behind us in the rings) purely visual (no pain/collision) to save energy

> After our spell ends say "What did you think of that spell?  Being a vampire you could probably dodge it with your eyes closed right?  And its probably no match for even your weakest attacks" < Sound impressed by her dodging and try hard to flatter her

// Prompt for an action if we see her trying to pull something funny (like nabbing Alice while she thinks we're in a trance)


// Other players feel free to tweak this by adding and removing actions, this serves as a base
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 29, 2019, 04:31:28 am
> Declare "Moonlight Ray" but actually hold out the card so the spell doesn't activate just make an intimidating pose/movement with our arms instead
> Perform a non-spell imitation of Moonlight Ray (still using danmaku, not lethal bullets of course)
> Act like we're in a trance and be indifferent to what she's doing and observe her behavior
//Why moonlight ray specifically? Aren't there denser patterns to use?

> Discreetly align some of the rings in Moonlight ray to so they hit our friends in the off chance this wakes them up (Its danmaku so it can't hurt em)
//I doubt this would work... Plus Daiyousei and Cirno, being fairies are frail enough to be killed by danmaku.
//Additionally Elis might notice this.

> Be conservative with our spell and make the bullets shes unlikely to go near (like the ones spawned behind us in the rings) purely visual (no pain/collision) to save energy
//Are we even skilled enough to do this? (As in, make some bullets weak and others strong at the same time?)

---------------------------------------------------

//EDIT: since Tom edited.

> Discreetly align some of the rings in Moonlight ray to so they hit our friends in the off chance this wakes them up (Don't do this if we think Elis will notice, also don't hit Cirno and Daiyousei since even danmaku can hurt them)
//If we can do it without Elis noticing, then we should limit it to one ring per person or group of people, or stop doing this after the first ring if it fails. No sense in repeatedly hurting them for no reason, especially if it doesn't work. Also we should avoid hitting Mayina, considering he's weak right now and he won't be of any help to us if he wakes up.

> After our spell ends say "What did you think of that spell?  Being a vampire you could probably dodge it with your eyes closed right?  And its probably no match for even your weakest attacks" < Sound impressed by her dodging and try hard to flatter her
//Flatter yes, but maybe we shouldn't go overboard with it? Doing it excessively might be detrimental.

>Don't parse anything yet as nothing has been finalized.

//Anyway I need to sleep soon, so I'll sleep on the situation and see if I can come up with any eureka moments in the morning.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 29, 2019, 05:49:56 pm
// Ah well this,the resume, confirms that Elis(and Sariel) are indeed  "Mostly-Heretics"(the extent of that is depending  upon the discovery of relations with Shinki).

// Just to remind,I do not think hitting with danmaku is a good remedy because : (by Raikaria) > You're fairly sure the spell was tied to the flash of light; judging by Elis' praise of your darkness sphere blocking the light, and how you were the only one unaffected

[It placed those who saw it into the illusion, which persists as long as Elis is around. Cutting line of sight won't do anything. The only way you're waking anyone up is getting Elis out of range. A range she hasn't even specified.] //

// Here is Rumia's list of Spellcards ( by Raikaria ) -
> Moon Sign: Moonlight Ray
> Night Sign: Night Bird
> Darkness Sign: Demarcation
> Darkness Sign: Dark Side of the Moon
> Night Sign: Midnight Bird
//

// How about this since she is looking for Fun/Challene rather than Flattery and we do needto attract attention without ticking her off : //
 
> Make sure that a a part "Fake Moonlight Ray ",out of sight as far as possible from Elis, is sent upwards above the canopy

> Once there is enough that she starts dodging and navigating the fake,activate the " Spellcard Moonlight Ray" aimed and her but after a while arch it upwards above the canopy still seeming to try and aim for Elis.

> If it cannot be properly arched up once it start,fire it already arched up to the canopy trying to graze Elis.

//On another note : perhaps it would be better to start out with "Fake Moonlight Ray" and end up with another "True Spellcard" and not "Moonlight Ray" ? //

// This is not to be parsed until after an agreement(from me it could also be a silent agreement without posting)is reached //

 
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on March 29, 2019, 06:01:59 pm
// Do not switch to the real spell card as she will figure out we tricked her

// Hitting our teammates with danmaku is a gamble, if it works then great, if it doesn't we don't lose anything so there's no reason not to try

// Only shoot above the canopy if we can do so without Elis noticing we're doing so intentionally" (Added this to my suggested actions)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on March 29, 2019, 06:19:49 pm
//I thought we could get Elis away from Alice so we could grab her grimoire ourselves, but that's a gamble because we don't know if we would be able to do anything with it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on March 29, 2019, 06:23:01 pm
// We don't know how to read Makaian runes currently
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on March 29, 2019, 06:42:03 pm
//Well we still don't know for sure if she wants the Grimoire (it could be that she's looking for more than one item), just assumptions. What's in the OP is what we are aware of but we could have the wrong information. Why Elis found Alice is probably just her sensing the fake miasma like Louise did (if I'm remembering correctly)
//Things we do know:
Elis is a vampire.
She did something to get away from Remillia and Sakuya (so they might be looking for her)
She might want the Grimoire.
She's looking for the seal between Makai and Gensokyo. If "seal" can also mean "barrier" in this case, then we know where it is and that Okina is most likely guarding it somehow.
Anything missing?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 29, 2019, 07:22:28 pm
Anything missing?
//She expressed disappointment earlier about not being able to have a rematch with a purple haired shrine maiden. If we asked her the right questions (i,e how long ago did that purple haired miko fight her), then we could use process of elimination to point her at the Hakurei Shrine, but this would be better as a last resort as it could have unpredictable effects...

//Sending her at the gate to Makai could also have unpredictable consequences (if she even believes us). Plus it also takes her close to the Hakurei shrine.

//As for grabbing the Grimoire, it might draw unnecessary attention to the Grimoire, which could prompt her to just club us on the head and take off with it and/or Alice.

//If we stalled until sunrise, and then actually declared a spellcard, we could trap her in the sun with the anti-cheat barrier. But we don't know how the sunlight will affect her, so we can't really rely on this.

--------------------------------------------
//EDIT:
//Reading Tom's edit, I still say that if we're going to hit friends with danmaku, we should only use one or two rings per person or group of people, as if it doesn't work there's no reason to hurt them any more than we have to.

//Also since Elis is looking for a challenge, we should probably specify all our spellcards, fake spellcards, and nonspells, to be their lunatic versions.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on March 29, 2019, 07:38:56 pm
// Grouped up actions based on all the corrections i've seen

> If she wants a challenge she'll get one, use the Lunatic versions of our spell cards
> Declare "Moonlight Ray L" but actually hold out the card so the spell doesn't activate just make an intimidating pose/movement with our arms instead
> Perform a non-spell imitation of Moonlight Ray L (still using danmaku, not lethal bullets of course)
> Act like we're in a trance and be indifferent to what she's doing and observe her behavior

> Discreetly align one or two of the rings in Moonlight ray to so they hit our friends in the off chance this wakes them up (Don't do this if we think Elis will notice, also don't hit Cirno, Daiyousei or Mayina)

> Discreetly align some of the rings in Moonlight Ray to miss above the treeline (Don't do this if we think Elis will notice)

> Try to be conservative with our spell and make the bullets shes unlikely to go near (like the ones spawned behind us in the rings) purely visual (no pain/collision) to save energy

> After our spell ends say "What did you think of that spell?  Being a vampire you could probably dodge it with your eyes closed right?  I'm guessing it was no match for even your weakest attacks" < Sound impressed by her dodging and try hard to flatter her
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on March 29, 2019, 07:51:53 pm
//She expressed disappointment earlier about not being able to have a rematch with a purple haired shrine maiden. If we asked her the right questions (i,e how long ago did that purple haired miko fight her), then we could use process of elimination to point her at the Hakurei Shrine, but this would be better as a last resort as it could have unpredictable effects...

Oh... yeah about that.

I said Reimu had purple hair...

But then I watched some Touhou 1 vids to see some of Elis' attack patterns from there...

(https://i.imgur.com/UhKBckA.png)

Reimu had black hair in HRtP  :V

Although she still had her white top and red pants.

I'm not sure if I should just leave my mistaken statement of Purple Reimu during this time or retcon it to Black to fit canon [With any confusion from Elis coming from a mixture of Reimu simply being SIGNIFICANTLY older, wearing a different outfit and not knowing her name]

Feel like I should put this one to a public opinion seeing as it's my error but it's still a retcon in-quest.

//Well we still don't know for sure if she wants the Grimoire (it could be that she's looking for more than one item), just assumptions.

> Elis explicitly said finding Alice was the jackpot.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 29, 2019, 07:54:19 pm
//Well, since I can't think of anything better at the moment, I suppose if anything it's a good starting point and it won't be too late to change the strategy if we commit to it.

//...Unless it's like a point of no return thing, and if we miss the hint here, then we're locked into whatever bad outcome we get... That's really the only concern that's making it hard for me to fully agree right now. :sweat:

//What do the rest of you think. Should we go ahead with this...? I'll withhold my agreement on these actions for now due to my concerns.

<Reimu stuff>
//I mean it's your quest. Do what you want to do lol.
//EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice the last line there... I mean if it was retconned it would make a potential last resort strategy easier, but otherwise I'm still neutral on the matter. What does everyone else think?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on March 29, 2019, 08:00:33 pm
//...Unless it's like a point of no return thing, and if we miss the hint here, then we're locked into whatever bad outcome we get... That's really the only concern that's making it hard for me to fully agree right now. :sweat:

// I'm not that cruel of a GM. Even if you manage to take a really bad/foolish course of action that leads to a bad end I'll revert you to the last major checkpoint [AKA: The start of the Elis encounter].

// Bad Ends are entirely possible mainly because I don't think I should simply over-rule bad choices, but at least RP out the result before using Bites the Dust, sorry it's Friday I'm gonna watch Jojo soon I'm in Jojo mode resetting time.

// This also lets me put intentionally challengeing situations before you guys without the risk of, you know, Game Over for good.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on March 29, 2019, 08:05:35 pm
// I think we should go forth with these actions, we're just entertaining her not committing to anything we can't undo (Ex, swipe grimoire and run)
// She is gonna KO us if we don't keep her interested anyways
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 29, 2019, 08:06:23 pm
// I'm not that cruel of a GM. Even if you manage to take a really bad/foolish course of action that leads to a bad end I'll revert you to the last major checkpoint [AKA: The start of the Elis encounter].

// Bad Ends are entirely possible mainly because I don't think I should simply over-rule bad choices, but at least RP out the result before using Bites the Dust, sorry it's Friday I'm gonna watch Jojo soon I'm in Jojo mode resetting time.

// This also lets me put intentionally challengeing situations before you guys without the risk of, you know, Game Over for good.
//Oh.

//In that case:

>Plan Tom

//Any final objections? (Since the others post infrequently, maybe give them a reasonable amount of time to voice their concerns before assuming tacit, unspoken approval?)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 29, 2019, 08:13:00 pm


// I agree to go ahead with Tom's grouped commands , although it would be better to hold on  hitting our group ,and by Lunatic-caliber at that, with danmaku since it is stated that the spell's effect would leave once Elis is out of range(uncertain measurements) ;perhaps apart from that if a focused "Demarkation" keep away the red light's range but this is not the time and place to find out. 

// A single spellcard,or imitation,won't be enough at getting attention and of course we should be wary of oncoming melee rushes. //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 29, 2019, 08:20:22 pm

// I agree to go ahead with Tom's grouped commands , although it would be better to hold on  hitting our group ,and by Lunatic-caliber at that, with danmaku since it is stated that the spell's effect would leave once Elis is out of range(uncertain measurements) ;perhaps apart from that if a focused "Demarkation" keep away the red light's range but this is not the time and place to find out. 

// A single spellcard,or imitation,won't be enough at getting attention and of course we should be wary of oncoming melee rushes. //
//Well Ideally it we would manipulate the rings such that only one or two projectiles ever hit our friends. We're not going to send streams into them lol
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on March 29, 2019, 08:29:21 pm
//Do spellcards only dispel danmaku (if at all) or does it also work on other kinds of magic? Is there a difference between bombs and spellcards besides bombs not putting you in a trance?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 29, 2019, 08:35:36 pm
//I would ask those questions as commands because I don't know lol
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 29, 2019, 08:38:04 pm
//Well Ideally it we would manipulate the rings such that only one or two projectiles ever hit our friends. We're not going to send streams into them lol

// Then all worries are assuaged and we should be prepared for keeping up and be counterattacked  since Elis is going through Danmaku started out  with Mystia's and proceeded with Sakuya's&Remilia's!//

// I would also like to insert Hope's command,with and addition, for him and re-insert a (shortened) earlier command ,IF it is alright. //

>Do spellcards only dispel danmaku (if at all) or does it also work on other kinds of magic? Is there a difference between bombs and spellcards besides bombs not putting you in a trance?Have we tried it out,or noticed elsewhere, in that regard with "Heavy Danmaku" or even Lethal?
> When there is a sure opening for speaking  and being on guard: " Oh what become of your previous meet-up with my "friends",Remi,Flan ,Sakuya and Koa",the first 2 are vampires as well :perhaps you ended up using this move with them as well or...?"

// About Danmaku's dispelling capabilities:we should check out in a different occasion what "Heavy Danmaku" and even " Lethal Danmaku" can accomplish in that regard //

// Last thing : aiming for Elis wand could buy more time as long as we do not underestimate her or provoke her "top"  :o much //

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on March 29, 2019, 08:41:03 pm
??Ok  :V
>Do spellcards dispel danmaku?
>Does it also work on other kinds of magic?
>What are the differences between bombs and spellcards?

//Branneg beat me to it.
//We probably shouldn't say anything now since Elis is losing her patience.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 29, 2019, 08:47:15 pm
//Running an errand. Will be gone for 30-90 minutes.

>As others are still suggesting and objecting to things, cancel my previous agreement for now. (I'll probably reinstate it after I get back and look at things)
Title: [EDITED]Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 29, 2019, 08:54:39 pm

//We probably shouldn't say anything now since Elis is losing her patience.

// A most fair observation: I am going to group up the commands(Thanks :) to Tom) and specify the right time for that question. Of course,please do not yet parse this(Thanks a lot for the Top :) Patience,Raikaria) .//


> If she wants a challenge she'll get one, use the Lunatic versions of our spell cards

>Do spellcards only dispel danmaku (if at all) or does it also work on other kinds of magic? Is there a difference between bombs and spellcards besides bombs not putting you in a trance?Have we tried it out,or noticed elsewhere, in that regard with "Heavy Danmaku" or even Lethal?

> Declare "Moonlight Ray L" but actually DON'T hold out the card so the spell doesn't activate just make an intimidating pose/movement with our arms instead

>  Perform a non-spell imitation of Moonlight Ray L (still using danmaku, not lethal bullets of course)

> Act like we're in a trance and be indifferent to what she's doing and observe her behavior

> Discreetly align some of the rings in Moonlight Ray to miss above the treeline (Don't do this if we think Elis will notice)

> Try to be conservative with our spell and make the bullets shes unlikely to go near (like the ones spawned behind us in the rings) purely visual (no pain/collision) to save energy

> After our spell ends say "What did you think of that spell?  Being a vampire you could probably dodge it with your eyes closed right?  I'm guessing it was no match for even your weakest attacks" < Sound impressed by her dodging and try hard to flatter her

> If the moment,and if not delay it when there is one, is a opening for speaking  and with the guard up: " Oh what become of your previous meet-up with my "friends",Remi,Flan ,Sakuya and Koa",the first 2 are vampires as well :perhaps you ended up using this move with them as well or...?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on March 29, 2019, 08:55:18 pm
// It was stated before in the Mayina boss fight that spell cards only dispel danmaku if both people are playing by the spell card rules
// Other kinds of Magic is by nature non spellcard/danmaku so no (ex Reimu can't cancel our darkness abilities via spell cards)
// Bombs are faster to deploy then spell cards and clear all bullets but last very short

// I accept the above actions (there's a typo when activating spell card, I mean *don't* hold it out

// Also don't ask/wait for approval/agreement when adding purely informational actions like questions
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on March 29, 2019, 09:30:54 pm
??Ok  :V
>Do spellcards dispel danmaku?
>Does it also work on other kinds of magic?
>What are the differences between bombs and spellcards?

//Branneg beat me to it.
//We probably shouldn't say anything now since Elis is losing her patience.

> The declaration [Or break] of a spellcard acts like a bomb in that it clears danmaku. It probobly dosen't do that against non-danmaku. You don't know.

> A bomb is essenssially the use of a spellcard when it's not your turn. You usually have to designate a spellcard *as* a Bomb [You haven't] to be able to use them. When used in this manner, the spell has a very short duration, maybe 2~3 seconds.


> When there is a sure opening for speaking  and being on guard: " Oh what become of your previous meet-up with my "friends",Remi,Flan ,Sakuya and Koa",the first 2 are vampires as well :perhaps you ended up using this move with them as well or...?"

// About Danmaku's dispelling capabilities:we should check out in a different occasion what "Heavy Danmaku" and even " Lethal Danmaku" can accomplish in that regard //

// Last thing : aiming for Elis wand could buy more time as long as we do not underestimate her or provoke her top much //

> Noted for when an opportunity arises. Elis is fine with talking while fighting as she has done this previously.

// Danmaku is specifically non-leathal. The real thing is simply magic.

// You don't know how Elis would react to this.

// Also general note; Danmaku dosen't do friendly fire [Otherwise the Primsrivers or Three Fairies would be screwed]. Real attacks do.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on March 29, 2019, 09:38:31 pm
// Good to know more detailed how bombs work
// Also good to know we can ask talk during fighting, so let's proceed
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 29, 2019, 09:42:29 pm
> If the moment,and if not delay it when there is one, is a opening for speaking  and with the guard up: " Oh what become of your previous meet-up with my "friends",Remi,Flan ,Sakuya and Koa",the first 2 are vampires as well :perhaps you ended up using this move with them as well or...?"
>Only do this when we're not faking a trance. We need to keep the act up, after all.

//Other than that, I'm fine with everything else.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on March 29, 2019, 10:11:23 pm
// Great so lets parse
Title: Re: [EDITED]Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on March 29, 2019, 10:22:15 pm
> If she wants a challenge she'll get one, use the Lunatic versions of our spell cards

>Do spellcards only dispel danmaku (if at all) or does it also work on other kinds of magic? Is there a difference between bombs and spellcards besides bombs not putting you in a trance?Have we tried it out,or noticed elsewhere, in that regard with "Heavy Danmaku" or even Lethal?

> Declare "Moonlight Ray L" but actually DON'T hold out the card so the spell doesn't activate just make an intimidating pose/movement with our arms instead

>  Perform a non-spell imitation of Moonlight Ray L (still using danmaku, not lethal bullets of course)

> Act like we're in a trance and be indifferent to what she's doing and observe her behavior

> Discreetly align some of the rings in Moonlight Ray to miss above the treeline (Don't do this if we think Elis will notice)

> Try to be conservative with our spell and make the bullets shes unlikely to go near (like the ones spawned behind us in the rings) purely visual (no pain/collision) to save energy

> After our spell ends say "What did you think of that spell?  Being a vampire you could probably dodge it with your eyes closed right?  I'm guessing it was no match for even your weakest attacks" < Sound impressed by her dodging and try hard to flatter her

> If the moment,and if not delay it when there is one, is a opening for speaking  and with the guard up: " Oh what become of your previous meet-up with my "friends",Remi,Flan ,Sakuya and Koa",the first 2 are vampires as well :perhaps you ended up using this move with them as well or...?"

> You fake declare Moonlight Ray. The Vampire weaves through your attacks without hardly moving, looking upset.

> "Is this all you have? The bird was more entertaining..." she says in a manner that betrays boredom. "You did that thing differently to the pink-haired bird too..."

> You 'end' the fake spell.

> "Is the warmup over?" she yawns. "Please, skip with that stuff. Those guys back there were enough of one."

> "The Vampire and the Maid?" Elis asks. "Oh... well... they've seen better days. I'll admit, they made me take them seriously."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 29, 2019, 10:25:18 pm
>Sunrise status? (Don't do this if it advances time)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on March 29, 2019, 10:41:50 pm
>Sunrise status? (Don't do this if it advances time)

> The sky is that murky orange-black which indicates sunrise is coming but not here.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on March 29, 2019, 10:49:13 pm
> "I can imagine fighting another vampire was interesting, but they were probably no match for the greatest vampire" < More flattery!

> "Its not a strong attack you're right, I thought the lasers might impress you considering very few low level youkai like me can use them"

> Fake declare Darkness Sign "Demarcation" L
> Make a small modification to the pattern (we can do this since its we're imitating the card): Change the normally aimed arcs (which you can stream) to alternate between 1 aimed and 1 static spread arc, this will make dodging less repetitive and more interesting (otherwise you just stream, go through a few rings and stream again etc etc)

> After spell "So Elis you managed to get in to Gensokyo, how do you plan on getting back to Makai?"

// Other players add anything else you want to do after the fake spell ends
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 30, 2019, 12:10:04 am
//Don't parse the above yet, but I do have information-related questions.

>Would it be possible, while imitating demarcation, to make it so that every third ring stops once it goes a certain distance behind Elis, before starting to move back towards us? (Hopefully you can understand what I'm describing here.)
>Or would it be possible to make the projectiles of some rings explode into smaller rings after a set distance?
>Leading on from that, what are the limits to our control over danmaku anyway?

>Parse these as they do not advance time. Don't parse anything else yet though.

//I'm thinking lull her into a false sense of security and then catch her off guard when she starts getting bored.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on March 30, 2019, 08:08:59 am
//Don't parse the above yet, but I do have information-related questions.

>Would it be possible, while imitating demarcation, to make it so that every third ring stops once it goes a certain distance behind Elis, before starting to move back towards us? (Hopefully you can understand what I'm describing here.)
>Or would it be possible to make the projectiles of some rings explode into smaller rings after a set distance?
>Leading on from that, what are the limits to our control over danmaku anyway?

>Parse these as they do not advance time. Don't parse anything else yet though.

//I'm thinking lull her into a false sense of security and then catch her off guard when she starts getting bored.

> That would probobly be more advanced than the actual spellcard, so no.

> Again, you can't have a nonspell be more advanced than a spell.

> Essentially, spellcards are the limit. You're not that much better at danmaku than most fairies.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 30, 2019, 08:14:41 am
>But if it's possible in a spell, then would it be logically possible that we can do it in a nonspell, since if we couldn't do it to begin with we wouldn't be able to make a spellcard to begin with?

>Don't parse anything else yet as the above action doesn't advance time.

//And with that I'm heading off to bed. Hopefully I'll be able to get in my next post before work tomorrow
Title: (1!Long Reply and Planning)Re: Rumia Quest Revival III:>Eresia e Magia<(ITAlian)
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 30, 2019, 09:03:39 pm
//(By EvilNazgul) Why moonlight ray specifically? Aren't there denser patterns to use?//
//Denser&Trickier&Novely&Challenge Patterns,Distractions,Sun-Rise for Vampires(Orange-Greyish Sky) and keeping away Alice&Belongings without forgetting the party //
//Elis has demonstrated an  :wat: AoE Darkness Spell (lower Sunlight,although it could still pose some issue) casting it by waving her "Star-Wand",and Belial's Light and surely more (Vast Repertoire) Magical&Supernatural Darkness&Shadow-Light&Luminosity from some sort of Vampire("Blood magic")/Makai("World of Magic" by her words and actions).

> (Not yet,not before dueling again ) Remember to ask in details,less details when she is going to be annoyed/bored,more about the encounter with SDMers(not just Remi&Sakuya) ,her Standing in Makai and her Great Talent and Application in "Transiting and Materialisation"
 
> Time to up our "Game" and "Entertain","Hone up" and "Smarten up"
( by ZUN ;) & Raikaria   :D )
- LUNATIC -
> Moon Sign: Moonlight Ray
> Night Sign: Night Bird
> Darkness Sign: Demarcation
> Darkness Sign: Dark Side of the Moon
> Night Sign: Midnight Bird
>  :3 Other(s) created by Human Ingenuity/Ingeniousness Youkai Ingeniousness/Ingenuity and Need .

> (Please)Visualise Spellcards them in order of Skills by us and Challenge Aagainst us ,if they are not already placed so from the easiest to the most challenging.
> Alongside this "ranking" what series of tactics,strategies and duel habits have we have had experienced with,had known or had noted  suitable against extremely agile&fast&high-reflexes opponents  .

> Durations & Variations (Thanks a whole lot!) & Feasibility of joining and/or combining with Darkness Sphere and overall Manipulation of Darkness(and indirectly Light to an extent).
> Intensify Darkness and its Range to hamper&surprise :P &distract, and n this case attract attention on to us WITHOUT GETTING HER SERIOUS(FAR TOO SOON),  could be 1-2 steps forward-

> Her Star Wand,how is she moving it and what seems her favourite handling;even right now?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 30, 2019, 09:24:04 pm
>Don't parse anything that advances time yet until we come up with a final plan for this round.
>>Information-related stuff that doesn't advance time is fine (i,e my previous post and some of branneg's actions.)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on March 30, 2019, 10:10:28 pm
> Intensify Darkness and its Range to hamper&surprise :P &distract, and n this case attract attention on to us WITHOUT GETTING HER SERIOUS(FAR TOO SOON),  could be 1-2 steps forward-

> Do not so this, we need our darkness to nullify futher illusion attacks, spreading it makes it weaker
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on March 31, 2019, 05:53:22 pm
>But if it's possible in a spell, then would it be logically possible that we can do it in a nonspell, since if we couldn't do it to begin with we wouldn't be able to make a spellcard to begin with?

>Don't parse anything else yet as the above action doesn't advance time.

//And with that I'm heading off to bed. Hopefully I'll be able to get in my next post before work tomorrow

> It's a limitation of the spellcard rules. Outside of the spellcard rules there's no difference between 'nonspells' and 'spells'. Otherwise people like Marisa could just Master Spark everything all the time
 

> Time to up our "Game" and "Entertain","Hone up" and "Smarten up"
( by ZUN ;) & Raikaria   :D )
- LUNATIC -
> Moon Sign: Moonlight Ray
> Night Sign: Night Bird
> Darkness Sign: Demarcation
> Darkness Sign: Dark Side of the Moon
> Night Sign: Midnight Bird
>  :3 Other(s) created by Human Ingenuity/Ingeniousness Youkai Ingeniousness/Ingenuity and Need .

> (Please)Visualise Spellcards them in order of Skills by us and Challenge Aagainst us ,if they are not already placed so from the easiest to the most challenging.
> Alongside this "ranking" what series of tactics,strategies and duel habits have we have had experienced with,had known or had noted  suitable against extremely agile&fast&high-reflexes opponents  .

> Durations & Variations (Thanks a whole lot!) & Feasibility of joining and/or combining with Darkness Sphere and overall Manipulation of Darkness(and indirectly Light to an extent).
> Intensify Darkness and its Range to hamper&surprise :P &distract, and n this case attract attention on to us WITHOUT GETTING HER SERIOUS(FAR TOO SOON),  could be 1-2 steps forward-

> Her Star Wand,how is she moving it and what seems her favorite handling;even right now?


> I'm not giving durations, especially for the StB spells [Which also don't have difficulties]

> In terms of how you'd rank the spells; from weakest to strongest:

> Moon Sign: Moonlight Ray [Your longest-range spellcard due to the lasers, but also the easiest; the lasers are also the most *powerful* attack you have, getting hit by them hurts.]

> Night Sign: Night Bird [Wide frontal range, but it's basically just throwing out arcs of danmaku, rather simple. Midnight Bird is a stronger version you made later. Worth noting you produce the danmaku arcs by waving your arms around like a bird's wings.]

> Darkness Sign: Demarcation [A full AoE spellcard, and it's easily trickier than your first two due to the bullet rings restricting movement and ones with a slight homing feature]

> Darkness Sign: Dark Side of the Moon [A more defensive spellcard. Has the longest timer. You become resistant, but not immune, to danmaku for periods as this spellcard makes use of your darkness barrier specifically; which weakens the majority of danmaku which are light-based. [AKA: You have the most HP on this spellcard]However, the spell is fairly weak in terms of offensive power and mostly relies on the target messing up. You could probobly improve this one however now you can actually *see* in the dark.]

> Night Sign: Midnight Bird [A desperation attack. Your arms flail around wildly resulting in wider and more rapid arcs than the regular Night Bird, even hitting behind you. The sprays are faster than the regular attack too. It gets more intense as you continue as well. You even managed to get enough power behind it to shoot out a couple of bubble danmaku... once... by accident. When that Crow Tengu was trying to take pictures of you and let you keep going and going. Also this attack uses green danmaku for some reason when the regular Night Bird uses blues. You don't know why. Maybe the green ones go faster.]

> Elis is holding her wand in her right hand, tilted so it is pointing away from her body. The star sparkles as if covered in glitter. You think this is a strange aesthetic choice for a vampire.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 31, 2019, 06:18:27 pm
>But since we're not obligated to abide by the rules since Elis is from Makai and not abiding by them anyway, would such modifications to our fake spellcard be possible?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on March 31, 2019, 08:57:55 pm
>But since we're not obligated to abide by the rules since Elis is from Makai and not abiding by them anyway, would such modifications to our fake spellcard be possible?

> Danmaku itself only really exists *as* part of the spellcard rules. The spellcards are pretty much the limit of what you can do with danmaku.

> Of course you can make modifications; but the overall result would be weaker than actually using the spellcard.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 31, 2019, 09:11:05 pm
>So if we make some rings change direction or make rings explode into more rings it would somehow make every bullet in the pattern hurt less as a result......??? How does that make any sense?

(the latter is at least somewhat understandable as it increases the pattern density, but the logic simply doesn't make sense for situations like changing projectile paths or directions that don't affect bullet strength or density at all.)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on March 31, 2019, 09:35:34 pm
>So if we make some rings change direction or make rings explode into more rings it would somehow make every bullet in the pattern hurt less as a result......??? How does that make any sense?

(the latter is at least somewhat understandable as it increases the pattern density, but the logic simply doesn't make sense for situations like changing projectile paths or directions that don't affect bullet strength or density at all.)

> Changeing paths won't change the power; but the density would be slightly lower than the real thing, it's still a nonspell. Your spellcards are the absolute best you can do. Any imitation would be weaker in some form. [Think of them like special attacks in a fighting game, you might have a regular Shoryuken, but a Super Move one will be stronger]

> Making more bullets by making bullets explode into more bullets would absolutely weaken the attack as you're diluting the power of the attack between more bullets. You can only output so much magic at once.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 31, 2019, 10:45:04 pm
> It's a limitation of the spellcard rules. Outside of the spellcard rules there's no difference between 'nonspells' and 'spells'. Otherwise people like Marisa cou
 
> I'm not giving durations, especially for the StB spells [Which also don't have difficulties]

// Sorry,I should have specified "approximate duration by Rumia's experience;this is also doable,and more useful overall ,by reading Spellcards(or Part of that Spellcard if "imitated" or if it is  a combination part similar/very similar )   Descriptive enough
.So Thank you for re-posting the 5 Description without making players go back to previous(full)thread. //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on March 31, 2019, 11:50:52 pm
// Collective summary of actions for parser

> "I can imagine fighting another vampire was interesting, but they were probably no match for the greatest vampire" < More flattery!

> "Its not a strong attack you're right, I thought the lasers might impress you considering very few low level youkai like me can use them"

> Fake declare Darkness Sign "Demarcation" L
> Make a small modification to the pattern so that the arcs of bullets fired between the rings become aimed after a longer delay so they change direction behind Elis instead of shortly after being fired

> After spell:
>> "So Elis you managed to get in to Gensokyo, how do you plan on getting back to Makai?"
>>Ask in a little more about the encounter with SDM, her Standing in Makai and her Great Talent and Application in "Transiting and Materialisation"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 31, 2019, 11:56:27 pm
-Oh god I accidentally edited this post instead of quoting it and put my replies in it and I can't revert it aaaaah-
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 01, 2019, 12:52:40 am
> Specifically will making the arc bullets more complex reduce their number or will it affect different parts of the spell like the rings?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 01, 2019, 01:08:08 am
>Another thing:
>>Will speeding up the frequency of attacks (maintaining the same bullet power and density per attack) affect either? Would it be possible to "speed up" an otherwise "identical" fake spellcard as it gets closer to "timing out"?
Title: +Thanks for answering+Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 01, 2019, 01:49:20 am
// Are we going towards a :o "De Bello Danmakum"(De Bello Gallicum)? :o //

> Actually have we ever tried or witnessed bullets of the same kind or highly similar converging in the same Paths and increasing in "density" or have some sort of "Surge" or do they simply phase through each other ?


> How about,of the same kind or highly similar, Lasers used like that or "feeding "  Bullets into our Laser(s) or viceversa?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 01, 2019, 08:30:07 pm
Quote
>...
>So ultimately, after much dancing around the question, does this, therefore, mean that IT IS POSSIBLE to make every third ring or so in our fake pattern stop after a set distance before moving back towards us?
>Furthermore, do you mean that changing even a single a bullet path will cause random bullets in the pattern to immediately die off to lower the density as you say????

> Specifically will making the arc bullets more complex reduce their number or will it affect different parts of the spell like the rings?

> Adding something like a reverse effect would have some sort of negative on the overall thing. Most likely rate of fire of the rings, you wouldn't be able to have more out than usual.

> Making the bullet arcs more 'complex' won't do much as they're targeted anyway. But it would make the rings less dense to compensate and allow more room to dodge the larger arcs.

>Another thing:
>>Will speeding up the frequency of attacks (maintaining the same bullet power and density per attack) affect either? Would it be possible to "speed up" an otherwise "identical" fake spellcard as it gets closer to "timing out"?

> High frequency would probobly effect density, as having more bullets out than regular would be surpassing your limit. Adding more bullets while keeping the density and speed the same would just be improving the spell. Timeouts are not often relevant anyway.

// Are we going towards a :o "De Bello Danmakum"(De Bello Gallicum)? :o //

> Actually have we ever tried or witnessed bullets of the same kind or highly similar converging in the same Paths and increasing in "density" or have some sort of "Surge" or do they simply phase through each other ?


> How about,of the same kind or highly similar, Lasers used like that or "feeding "  Bullets into our Laser(s) or viceversa?

> As far as you are aware, they just phase through each other. Although the idea of bullets that collide and merge isn't out of possibility.

> The beams just cross and do nothing. You imagine you'd have to practice quite a lot to develop a danmaku that acts like this.

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 01, 2019, 08:42:58 pm
// Consolidated all agreed upon actions for parser

 "I can imagine fighting another vampire was interesting, but they were probably no match for the greatest vampire" < More flattery!

> "Its not a strong attack you're right, I thought the lasers might impress you considering very few low level youkai like me can use them"

> Fake declare Darkness Sign "Demarcation" L
> Make a small modification to the pattern: Make every third ring reverse in direction some distance past Elis in order to surprise her with the bullets from behind

> After spell:
>> "So Elis you managed to get in to Gensokyo, how do you plan on getting back to Makai?"
>>Ask in a little more about the encounter with SDM, her Standing in Makai and her Great Talent and Application in "Transiting and Materialisation"

> If make all bullets in an attack purely visual (weaker than danmaku) how many more could we spawn?
Title: [EDITED] Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 01, 2019, 11:15:52 pm

> As far as you are aware, they just phase through each other. Although the idea of bullets that collide and merge isn't out of possibility.

> The beams just cross and do nothing. You imagine you'd have to practice quite a lot to develop a danmaku that acts like this.

// Might-be-a-suggestion : by keep diverting a part of Danmaku up in the air and beyond the forest canopy(attracting attention and seeking aid)  the performance is going to degrade and prompt Elis to end it faster, instead we commit half(adaptable) of  "the Purely Visual Danmaku(Weaker)" for that task . If that is impossible,some part of the Regular Danmaku should still be employed as that kind of beacon. In any case,as smartly pointed out,they should not be give the game away    //.

> Have we ever witnessed or heard of something like that ?

> We do do not have enough power to generate Bubble Danmaku  apart from that one time when we managed a few during Night Sign: Midight Bird , is that so  :D is that right?

// (The dice is cast) I cast my vote in favour of Tom's too - please go ahead even if I post and do not specify approval,since that means I am doing it silently, and I am not keen :blush: if it ever came to be holding everyone up - remember however that there is need to attract attention to the spot Rumia&Co they are in before her tries run out. //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 01, 2019, 11:19:19 pm
// Consolidated all agreed upon actions for parser

 "I can imagine fighting another vampire was interesting, but they were probably no match for the greatest vampire" < More flattery!

> "Its not a strong attack you're right, I thought the lasers might impress you considering very few low level youkai like me can use them"

> Fake declare Darkness Sign "Demarcation" L
> Make a small modification to the pattern: Make every third ring reverse in direction some distance past Elis in order to surprise her with the bullets from behind

> After spell:
>> "So Elis you managed to get in to Gensokyo, how do you plan on getting back to Makai?"
>>Ask in a little more about the encounter with SDM, her Standing in Makai and her Great Talent and Application in "Transiting and Materialisation"

> If make all bullets in an attack purely visual (weaker than danmaku) how many more could we spawn?
>I cast my vote in favor of this.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 02, 2019, 06:20:04 pm
// Consolidated all agreed upon actions for parser

 "I can imagine fighting another vampire was interesting, but they were probably no match for the greatest vampire" < More flattery!

> "Its not a strong attack you're right, I thought the lasers might impress you considering very few low level youkai like me can use them"

> Fake declare Darkness Sign "Demarcation" L
> Make a small modification to the pattern: Make every third ring reverse in direction some distance past Elis in order to surprise her with the bullets from behind

> After spell:
>> "So Elis you managed to get in to Gensokyo, how do you plan on getting back to Makai?"
>>Ask in a little more about the encounter with SDM, her Standing in Makai and her Great Talent and Application in "Transiting and Materialisation"

> If make all bullets in an attack purely visual (weaker than danmaku) how many more could we spawn?

> "Well; even with the aid of her servant, she lost. In fact, I'd say that servant was stronger than she was. Certainly had an interesting ability." Elis says. "She'd make a fine servant for me, in fact, if she could survive the Maisma. Maybe I should have made her my thrall."

> "Low-level youkai? So I'm wasteing my time with small-fry am I?" the Vampire asks, before you 'declare' your spellcard. This action makes her raise an eyebrow.

> You add a twist, making every third ring reverse a short part beyond Elis. This causes you to fire rings overall a little slower, so you don't have more existing than usual [As every third ring lasts longer as a result of doubleing back]. The reverseing dosen't seem to catch the vampire off-guard, and she looks as casual as ever about her evasion.

> "Do you think a Makaian like myself can't sense magic? I don't even need to turn around to see that trick." she says as your attack wears off. Besides; I can tell you're either far weaker than that bird or holding back. You're not doing that thing with the card she was."

> "You think a little thing like the barrier around this world can stop someone as powerful as me?" she coons. "Sheer magic force. Even if I wasn't strong enough magically, I'm a Vampire. I can force my way through and recover most damage. Do you even understand the terror of us? Even among high-class daemons we're feared!"

> You ask again about her fight with Remilia. "You're really curious aren't you little Darkling? You should have stuck around and watched... but maybe since you're so inquisitive I can show you an ounce of the power used in a battle between Vampires..."

> Elis puts out her free palm, and speaks in a tounge you don't understand. Then, a Grimoire appears, seemingly covered in leather, bound in bat-wings. She has a devilish smirk as she summons it, and even as someone who is nowhere near an expert in magic, you can feel the dark magic eminateing from the tome.

> A silver knife strikes Elis in the throat, appearing from nowhere. You hear heavily laboured panting behind you.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 02, 2019, 06:26:39 pm
//Well then.

>Is the sun up yet?

>Don't parse the following without approval.

>Don't let our guard down. No way Elis will go down that easily if she's as powerful as she claims.
>"Miss Sakuya? Is that you?"

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 02, 2019, 06:28:47 pm
// I approve

// Before Evil_Nazgul0616's actions
> Immediately cast demarcation on whoever is behind us so they don't get caught in another illusion attack, make the sphere as large as we can without losing density
> Take a few steps back so we are next to whoever is behind us (inside the demarcation sphere)
> Whisper "Stay in the darkness sphere or she'll knock you out with an illusion like she did to my friends"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 02, 2019, 06:31:31 pm
// I approve

// Before Evil_Nazgul0616's actions
> Immediately cast demarcation on whoever is behind us so they don't get caught in another illusion attack, make the sphere as large as we can without losing density
>The barrier, not the spellcard.
>Also we should probably warn them before we do so if possible, because they are right next to us and armed with knives, after all...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 02, 2019, 06:41:22 pm
> Don't warn them verbally, it's obvious we're against Elis and she will notice
> Only warn if we can do so without Elis noticing
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 02, 2019, 06:45:53 pm
// I approve

// Before Evil_Nazgul0616's actions
> Immediately cast demarcation on whoever is behind us so they don't get caught in another illusion attack, make the sphere as large as we can without losing density
> Take a few steps back so we are next to whoever is behind us (inside the demarcation sphere)
> Whisper "Stay in the darkness sphere or she'll knock you out with an illusion like she did to my friends"

>The barrier, not the spellcard.
>Also we should probably warn them before we do so if possible, because they are right next to us and armed with knives, after all...

> You expand your darkness barrier and move towards the newcomer, before shrinking it.

> The scent of blood immediately hits you, and the person is in such a bad state it takes you a moment to recognize it as that Maid; Sakuya. By all rights she dosen't even look like she should be able to move, let alone fight. Her eyes are glowing red, and her intent to kill is so powerful it's scary. Can a human even keep going in this state? She has multiple open wounds, and is only holding a dagger in one hand, the other arm hanging limply, clearly broken. Her blue dress is stained mostly crimson.

> You hear Elis cackle as she pulls the knife from her throat, the wound healing almost instantly. "You think I'd knock out someone so fun to fight with an illusion? I only use that to pacify people too weak to bother with, or who I'm not supposed to hurt. I'll take you on two-on-one. I'll even give you both another free hit. But make it count, because I'm going to take my turn afterwards... and I don't intend to let that maid get up a second time."

//Well then.

>Is the sun up yet?

>Don't parse the following without approval.

>Don't let our guard down. No way Elis will go down that easily if she's as powerful as she claims.
>"Miss Sakuya? Is that you?"


> Not yet, you recon it should only be a couple of minutes until it comes over the horizon now however. Elis has not shown any awareness, given her proclivity for bragging and messing with you rather than getting on with her job. That said, you don't recall a Sun in Makai. It's entirely possible she isn't even aware of that weakness... or Makaian Vampires don't have it.

> Sakuya says something very weakly, and moves her knife ever so slightly, pointing at the pocketwatch on her belt. "Hold..." she says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 02, 2019, 07:17:20 pm
> Drool a little at the scent of blood
> Ignore any Youkai killing instincts we might be getting

> Hold the watch like she's telling us to
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 02, 2019, 07:26:47 pm
>Look a little concerned at Sakuya's physical state.
>Do we know any healers?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 02, 2019, 07:41:12 pm
> Drool a little at the scent of blood
> Ignore any Youkai killing instincts we might be getting

> Hold the watch like she's telling us to

> The smell seems a little odd. You can't pin it down.

> You're not getting those instincts due to the difference in smell.

> You hold the watch, taking it off her belt. It feels surprisingly heavy for it's size and is cold in your hands. It also isn't working, it seems.

>Look a little concerned at Sakuya's physical state.
>Do we know any healers?

> Sakuya pays no heed to your concern.

> No, you do not. Daiyousei is smart enough to know rudimentary first aid, but you doubt she knows how to deal with someone as damaged as Sakuya is right now.

> "Be ready to throw the watch to my good hand when I tell you." Sakuya says quietly; her voice clearly showing some pain, even if her face wasn't.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 02, 2019, 07:44:47 pm
> Wait for Sakuya to signal us
> In the mean time inspect watch
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 02, 2019, 07:45:49 pm
> Wait for Sakuya to signal us
> In the mean time inspect watch
>Actually how accurate are we at throwing?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 02, 2019, 08:59:44 pm
> Wait for Sakuya to signal us
> In the mean time inspect watch

> Sakuya dashes towards Elis [You note you can actually see her movements for once, indicating she's slowed down significantly]; dodging several star-projectiles she launches from her wand casually. One of which narrowly avoids hitting you. She then swings the knife, but Elis blocks it with her wand.

> "Oh my, the killer has lost all of her strength. The intent is there but your body is giving out." the vampire teases. "Determination isn't something that transcends reality, but you're welcome to prove me wrong."

> The wand sparks, and a swirl of lights emanates and throws Sakuya back, some small burn marks on her from contacting the lights.

> "What about you Darkling, are you in? Or is it my turn now?" Elis asks.

> The pocketwatch fits nicely in your palm, and is a few centimeters thick. It's face is marked by Roman Numerals [Not that you know what those are]. It has a small button, or some other thing on the side, as well as another one to open and close it. The inside of the cover looks bloodstained.

>Actually how accurate are we at throwing?

> You are confident you can throw it accurately, provided Sakuya dosen't do her teleportation thing out of the way or something.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 02, 2019, 09:19:12 pm
> "I still have moves to show you!"
> Fake declare Darkness Sign "Dark Side of the Moon" (Defensive card with longest timer)
> Be on he lookout for Sakuya signaling us, throw pocket watch when she does so
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 02, 2019, 09:32:45 pm
> "I still have moves to show you!"
> Fake declare Darkness Sign "Dark Side of the Moon" (Defensive card with longest timer)
> Be on he lookout for Sakuya signaling us, throw pocket watch when she does so
>Don't do this

//We should save the longest attack for when the sun rises, and actually declare the card so we can give Elis some decent sun exposure
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 02, 2019, 09:45:06 pm
> "I still have moves to show you!"
> Fake declare Night Sign "Night Bird"
> Be on he lookout for Sakuya signaling us, throw pocket watch when she does so
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 03, 2019, 07:25:36 pm
> "I still have moves to show you!"
> Fake declare Night Sign "Night Bird"
> Be on he lookout for Sakuya signaling us, throw pocket watch when she does so

> "Oh?" Elis says, as you begin to throw arcs of danmaku towards her, with slightly longer gaps between them than if you actually used the spellcard.

> Elis dashes around the danmaku up close to you, and taps your nose.

> "Strike two. One more chance." she says, before she knees you in the gut.

> You can tell she was holding back; but it still makes you double over and almost drop the pocketwatch.

> Sakuya attempts to strike Elis in the back; but she turns around and parries the knife.

> "Seeing you fight in this state is almost upsetting..." Elis says, parrying Sakuya's constant attacks without much effort, only a few feet from you, back turned.

> Going from what Sakuya said before; you'd wager you only need hold out for maybe sixty seconds more.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 03, 2019, 07:29:38 pm
> Going from what Sakuya said before; you'd wager you only need hold out for maybe sixty seconds more.
>What exactly did she say that implied we had to wait for exactly 60 seconds?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 03, 2019, 07:45:26 pm
>What exactly did she say that implied we had to wait for exactly 60 seconds?

> That's me making a mistake; you figured it was only a couple of minutes *while talking to* Sakuya. Which caused me to get mixed up.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 03, 2019, 07:59:03 pm
> Look her in the eye and say "I won't give up!"
> Fake declare Night Sign "Midnight Bird"
> Go all out on this one, leave ourselves just enough energy for actually declaring "Dark Side of the Moon"

> Stall as long as we can and wait for Sakuya to signal us

> If Sakuya does not signal us to throw the pocket watch in time and Elis is about to defeat us, click the buttons on it in desperation and hope it does something, if that fails throw it at her even if she didn't signal us.  If it looks like Sakuya is not going to catch it, correct the trajectory using barriers.  Oh and form a barrier around ourselves to block Elis' strike
Title: [EDITED] RE: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 04, 2019, 01:31:25 am
> Look her in the eye and say "I won't give up!"
> Fake declare Night Sign "Midnight Bird"
> Go all out on this one, leave ourselves just enough energy for actually declaring "Dark Side of the Moon"

> Stall as long as we can and wait for Sakuya to signal us

> If Sakuya does not signal us to throw the pocket watch in time and Elis is about to defeat us, click the buttons on it in desperation and hope it does something, if that fails throw it at her even if she didn't signal us.  If it looks like Sakuya is not going to catch it, correct the trajectory using barriers.  Oh and form a barrier around ourselves to block Elis' strike
//[EDITED] (Thanks to Raikaria's reminder :) ) That's right!Friendly fire does not apply in regular Danmaku Duels![EDITED].
Apart from that, I really  think we have Rumia hold back too much and acting too humble,to the point of leaving openings and giving too much free reign to the opponent, with "Fake Spellcards" (except Fake "Midnight Bird "as follow-up to the Real " Dark Side of the Moon") as far as Elis(Heretic or mostly so)and attentive powerful braggarts/challenge&novelty seekers(both enemies and allies) are concerned .

//Next time(s) we should consider,of course in ways adaptable to the situation and character(s),a better equilibrium between Real and Fake Spellcards/Moves/Techniques to gain more advantages and suffer less weaknesses.//

> Before going all out with "(Fake) midnight Bird" and the follow-up to "Dark Side of the Moon",quick and steady breath in and out to regain focus, lessen the pain and shock.

> Moreover quickly get ourselves together and get in a better position and angle to : better see Sakuya and Elis,their movements and be in throwing reach of the first ;  better dodge,parry and react to attacks and stray hits ;adjust the aim and pattern of the (Fake) Midnight Bird in order to be tracking Elis while being an obstacle for her hitting Sakuya .

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 04, 2019, 01:57:08 am
// The reason we were using fake spell cards to begin with is that when you use a spell card you lose control until the spell times out since you enter a trance.  Elis could have swiped Alice while we were performing our spell
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on April 04, 2019, 06:12:09 pm
//Wouldn't it make sense at this point to start using lethal bullets instead of danmaku? Especially since Elis made it clear she was going to actually kill Sakuya this time.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 04, 2019, 06:14:45 pm
// Lethal bullets take more energy and will make our pattern less dense, she'll avoid it all anyways so it's pointless
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on April 04, 2019, 06:23:40 pm
//So we don't use a pattern and attack Elis directly. Or we could wait for Sakuya to signal us. Probably waiting would be better since she did give us one more chance so wasting it would be a bad idea.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 04, 2019, 06:39:53 pm
// Were using a pattern since Elis is waiting for an attack, waiting will make her bored and KO us.  Attacking her directly would be a really bad idea, having seen how good she is at physical combat
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on April 04, 2019, 07:21:13 pm
//Well she's fighting Sakuya now so I don't think she would get bored quickly.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 04, 2019, 07:53:16 pm
// She will get bored with us, were just a annoyance to her and she doesn't take us seriously, she will KO us and fight Sakuya uninterrupted
// Remember we're using our spells to give Sakuya time and distract Elis from focusing her
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 04, 2019, 09:51:06 pm
// Lethal bullets take more energy and will make our pattern less dense, she'll avoid it all anyways so it's pointless

Just adressing this; using actual magic bullets is against the spellcard rules. It's the spellcard rules which limit your 'nonspells'. [A nonspell can't be stronger than a spell in the spellcard rules]

You can use your full power whenever if you're not going to follow the rules. It *will* drain you faster since obviously it's easier to create dummy bullets than ones that can kill youkai and such, but it won't make your patterns weaker. There are exceptions in energy consumption; such as weapon-based attacks that use less energy outside of the spellcard rules because you're not materializing anything... you're just attacking with your weapon. It's easier for Sakuya to throw real knives than make phantom ones and throw those.

Also danmaku dosen't do friendly fire. [See: Primsrivers; Toyosatomimi; and other team fights; even the fighting games like Kokoro's final boss fight in HM] So you wont need to worry about Sakuya. Real attacks do friendly fire.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 04, 2019, 10:05:26 pm
// Can we still create non lethal bullets while not following the spell card rules?  (Like the "impossible" patterns in ISC?)

> Look her in the eye and say "I won't give up!"
> Fake declare Night Sign "Midnight Bird"
> Try and go all out, leave just enough energy to cast the spell card Dark Side of the Moon

> Stall as long as we can and wait for Sakuya to signal us

> If we see Sakuya with her good arm free (not holding knife) throw the pocket watch

> If Sakuya does not signal us to throw the pocket watch in time and Elis is about to defeat us, click the buttons on it in desperation and hope it does something, if that fails throw it at her even if she didn't signal us.  If it looks like Sakuya is not going to catch it, correct the trajectory using barriers.  Oh and form a barrier around ourselves to block Elis' strike
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 04, 2019, 10:49:28 pm
// Can we still create non lethal bullets while not following the spell card rules?  (Like the "impossible" patterns in ISC?)

Just answering the question before bed:

ISC basically has the characters using spellcards they made but don't use due to the 'impossibility'. You don't have any such cards.

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 04, 2019, 11:31:46 pm
Just adressing this; using actual magic bullets is against the spellcard rules. It's the spellcard rules which limit your 'nonspells'. [A nonspell can't be stronger than a spell in the spellcard rules]

You can use your full power whenever if you're not going to follow the rules. It *will* drain you faster since obviously it's easier to create dummy bullets than ones that can kill youkai and such, but it won't make your patterns weaker. There are exceptions in energy consumption; such as weapon-based attacks that use less energy outside of the spellcard rules because you're not materializing anything... you're just attacking with your weapon. It's easier for Sakuya to throw real knives than make phantom ones and throw those.

Also danmaku dosen't do friendly fire. [See: Primsrivers; Toyosatomimi; and other team fights; even the fighting games like Kokoro's final boss fight in HM] So you wont need to worry about Sakuya. Real attacks do friendly fire.

// Thanks for the reminder :) !  //

// Well,this could make Elis stumble a little seeing she do not know it first-hand,unless she has experienced it while facing off Sakuya+Remilia , that it is a "defensive bridge cover",without over-estimating it, going to Rumia to Sakuya and back; such a "defensive bridge" could be an outreach for any danmaku in an useful position by Sakuya to Rumia as well .//

// Seeing as Rumia cannot (yet? :o ) upgrade to Impossble Spell Card , I am inclined to suggest a little inquiry before going ahead with the Final,or next-to-Final, Act  :ohdear: //

> When not using spellcards,do we have a trade-off in a significant boost in mobility,reaction time and more readiness in projecting barriers?

> Would that specific denser pattern of "(Fake) Midnight Bird " build some cover and mobility for Sakuya and us with the respective range of all 3 involved?

> Do not proceed,not yet,if the responses are negative.

>  If instead it is truthful go as planned(Tom's)by track  both Elis with a very dense pattern of "(Fake) Midnight Bird" while allowing both us and Sakuya to use it as a cover and additional mobility,besides the ones granted by not using Spellcards,especially so as an obstacle for her whenever she gets to get too close or have a good aim on Sakuya or even us.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 05, 2019, 05:01:42 am
// These are general questions for future reference, unrelated to my actions so don't wait for these
// What exactly is preventing us from going all out with non-lethal bullets?  Are we unable to even create non-lethal bullets without being forced to follow the spell card rules?  Can't we ignore the rules and spam non-lethal bullets until we run out of energy?

// Add quest "Impossible fights require Impossible Spellcards:  Obtain/Create Impossible Spellcards" <- We'll need these if we want to continue dealing with Makaians without risking killing them

> When not using spellcards,do we have a trade-off in a significant boost in mobility,reaction time and more readiness in projecting barriers?

// Spell cards actually restrict movement, and prevent us from reacting to anything or projecting any barriers since we're in a trance.  Basically we lose control of Rumia until the spell ends (aka the game timeskips to when the spell ends)
// So fake declaring them leaves us our usual mobility and let's us throw the watch
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 05, 2019, 10:32:02 am
Nonspells indeed do not restrict movement any more than slowing you down a bit when you fire because you have to focus on doing that. [And that's more because you're not the best at danmaku. Mystia and Cirno can both fire while moving perfectly fine. [[But they're Stage 2 bosses and playable characters and you're not. Also Mystia can fly with her wings while you have to fly via magic.]]]

The idea with the spellcard rules being the one using the more powerful attack has restricted movement while the one limited to weaker attacks can focus on evasion and countering to break the spell. Thus allowing the weak to challenge the strong, if they're skilled enough.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 05, 2019, 05:32:53 pm

> Look her in the eye and say "I won't give up!"
> Fake declare Night Sign "Midnight Bird"
> Try and go all out, leave just enough energy to cast the spell card Dark Side of the Moon

> Stall as long as we can and wait for Sakuya to signal us

> If we see Sakuya with her good arm free (not holding knife) throw the pocket watch

> If Sakuya does not signal us to throw the pocket watch in time and Elis is about to defeat us, click the buttons on it in desperation and hope it does something, if that fails throw it at her even if she didn't signal us.  If it looks like Sakuya is not going to catch it, correct the trajectory using barriers.  Oh and form a barrier around ourselves to block Elis' strike
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 05, 2019, 08:21:17 pm
> Look her in the eye and say "I won't give up!"
> Fake declare Night Sign "Midnight Bird"
> Try and go all out, leave just enough energy to cast the spell card Dark Side of the Moon

> Stall as long as we can and wait for Sakuya to signal us

> If we see Sakuya with her good arm free (not holding knife) throw the pocket watch

> If Sakuya does not signal us to throw the pocket watch in time and Elis is about to defeat us, click the buttons on it in desperation and hope it does something, if that fails throw it at her even if she didn't signal us.  If it looks like Sakuya is not going to catch it, correct the trajectory using barriers.  Oh and form a barrier around ourselves to block Elis' strike

> You can't look Elis in the eye; she's facing away from you.

> You start throwing arcs of danmaku wildly; like a bird flapping both it's wings. This actually seems to catch Elis somewhat by surprise, with her making a sidewards move while turning so she can actually see your incoming attack while fending off Sakuya, who seems to be slowing down.

> Elis forms a barrier to block Sakuya's attack; before she starts weaveing through your danmaku.

> "Oh ho; this is better. Fight like your life is on the line, little darkling!" she says, before she smirks, and points her wand towards you. "But you have had three turns, I think it's time for me to have one... will your darkness withstand my purging light?"

> The wand starts to glow; increaseing in luminosity.

> Sakuya throws her knife; ripping through Elis' closest wing, causing her to tilt just a little, unable to adjust in time to the change in her aerodynamics. Enough to crash into a couple of danmaku and for the star-shaped blast of light she casually fires to veer off course. Her response to this is to chuckle in mild amusement.

> "Now!" Sakuya yells.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 05, 2019, 09:49:47 pm
> Throw the pocket watch at Sakuya's good hand!
> If Sakuya fails to catch it catch with a barrier for her to pick it up

> Surround ourselves in multiple stacked demarcation barriers
> Keep up Midnight Bird

// Add quest "Impossible fights require Impossible Spellcards:  Obtain/Create Impossible Spellcards" <- We'll need these if we want to continue dealing with Makaians without risking killing them
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 05, 2019, 10:08:48 pm
> Throw the pocket watch at Sakuya's good hand!
> If Sakuya fails to catch it catch with a barrier for her to pick it up

> Surround ourselves in multiple stacked demarcation barriers
> Keep up Midnight Bird

// Add quest "Impossible fights require Impossible Spellcards:  Obtain/Create Impossible Spellcards" <- We'll need these if we want to continue dealing with Makaians without risking killing them

// Secondary Quest added: Develop a rule-breaking Spellcard

> You throw the watch at Sakuya's open hand, which she catches, flicks open and presses the small thing on the side.

> "Time Sign: Private Square" she says.

You have temporarily lost control of Rumia

You now temporarily control Sakuya

Your menu is mostly locked, many options such as 'status' and 'relationships' are blocked


> You have stopped time for all living beings in the area, except for yourself. Usually, when performing this technique [not the spellcard] you'd have about eight seconds. But in your current state you doubt you can maintain it for more than five. Entering your Private Square is a massive strain on your body and energy, both of which are in poor condition.

> Still; all you should need is five seconds, you were waiting for this specific moment.

> The very crack of dawn. You're nowhere near good enough to stop time universally... but that's an advantage too.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 05, 2019, 10:43:09 pm
(Do not advance time)
> What were we planning to do once Rumia threw us the watch?

> Abilities/Skills/Inventory that we can use during time-stop

> Do we know sealing magic?

> Can we steal her wand while time is stopped?

> Can we move Elis around while time is stopped?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 05, 2019, 10:57:43 pm
(Do not advance time)
> What were we planning to do once Rumia threw us the watch?

> Abilities/Skills/Inventory that we can use during time-stop

> Do we know sealing magic?

> Can we steal her wand while time is stopped?

> Can we move Elis around while time is stopped?

> Your plan was simple, stop her retreating from the dawn. For this reason you chose to spring your trap at the very break of dawn. Even a few seconds means more sunlight upon her before she can react.

> You pretty much only have your knives, both conjured and Silver Knives [You only have 5 on you at this moment, some have been broken in battle or lost, and one is currently in the air]. Your magic is mostly focused on the timestop. The limit of what you can do during a timestop magic-wise is conjure knives and fly.

> No

> If you can pry it from her grip, a grip literally frozen in time, then yes. If her grip is loose you can probobly take it, otherwise you have no chance.

> No; Elis is frozen in time, and thus cannot be moved or harmed... although you can set things up for her to be harmed the instant time resumes. For example; when you stabbed her throat earlier you thrusted the knife right against it, and when time resumed the knife penetrated her throat immediately. Something frozen in time cannot be changed. Time being frozen means Space is frozen too.

> For the same reason, the dawn's first rays are not doing anything to Elis yet. Her Time-Frozen body cannot react to the light.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 05, 2019, 11:31:18 pm
> Conjure all the knives we can and place them so she gets stabbed the moment time resumes, so she has knives to deal with in addition to the sunshine

> See if we can slide her wand out of her grip, this shouldn't be too hard if it doesn't have any bends and is a straight line
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 05, 2019, 11:48:13 pm
>How is our mistress? Is she okay, or is she in better/ worse condition than us?

//Out doing errands at the moment
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 06, 2019, 06:14:39 pm
>How is our mistress? Is she okay, or is she in better/ worse condition than us?

//Out doing errands at the moment

> Remilia used up most of her stamina fighting Elis and had to retreat to the mansion along with Flandre. Turns out Vampires are very, very bad at killing each other. But even with your aid, as soon as Elis got serious... you and the Mistress were overwhelmed. Even Flandre tried to help; but she is completely unskilled in fighting and her lack of anything besides brute force was as much of a hindrance as aid.

> Conjure all the knives we can and place them so she gets stabbed the moment time resumes, so she has knives to deal with in addition to the sunshine

> See if we can slide her wand out of her grip, this shouldn't be too hard if it doesn't have any bends and is a straight line

> You conjure a large amount of knives, although significantly fewer than you usually could due to your condition. They are placed around Elis; at various angles, targeting pretty much every vital a human would have, as well as her wings.

> The vampire has a tight grip on the wand. Logical; seeing as she was in the middle of casting magic, and thus would be gripping the wand tightly. Besides, you tried doing that before while you were fighting her and it didn't work. Attempting to force it out of her hand just makes your vision go hazy and you almost faint from the effort. You know from the look that youkai gave you that you have no right to even be conscious, let alone performing a physical feat like overpowereing a vampire's grip.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 06, 2019, 07:53:04 pm
> Spawn a knife that will strike the wand on the star (aim to knock it out of her hand)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 06, 2019, 08:07:08 pm
> Spawn a knife that will strike the wand on the star (aim to knock it out of her hand)

> You create a knife that will strike the tip of the wand.

> You do not feel like you can continue the timestop much longer.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 06, 2019, 08:13:05 pm
> Save our energy for possible revenge attacks, resume the normal flow of time
> Before resuming time move to a slightly different position in case she was going to attack us based on our last position (that she remembers)

// Once we regain control of Rumia
> Quickly fly up to dodge any attacks
> Upon realizing Elis is in the sunshine trap her in as many stacked physical (not darkness!) barriers (barrier inside barrier) as we can spawn
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 06, 2019, 11:15:20 pm
// lunch break

// Once we regain control of Rumia
> Quickly fly up to dodge any attacks
> Upon realizing Elis is in the sunshine trap her in as many stacked physical (not darkness!) barriers (barrier inside barrier) as we can spawn
>If Elis starts to break through the stacked barriers, break and give players a command opportunity.

//I don't want to auto commit to a spellcard if she breaks out yet, just in case it's either unnecessary or whatever comes from this would make a trance risky.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 06, 2019, 11:56:47 pm
// Agree with Evil_Nazgul0616

// Can we get a command opportunity if Elis' wand gets knocked out of her hand
// Also can we get a command opportunity if the sunlight almost kills Elis (before dying obviously)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 07, 2019, 07:30:33 pm
> Save our energy for possible revenge attacks, resume the normal flow of time
> Before resuming time move to a slightly different position in case she was going to attack us based on our last position (that she remembers)

// Once we regain control of Rumia
> Quickly fly up to dodge any attacks
> Upon realizing Elis is in the sunshine trap her in as many stacked physical (not darkness!) barriers (barrier inside barrier) as we can spawn

> "Let time flow again" you say as you back off a little.

You have lost control of Sakuya

You have regained control of Rumia


> Huh? The sun just seemed to... jump over the horizon?

> Elis is  struck by several knives in various locations, although one aimed for her wand seems to be knocked off-course before reaching it by... something unseen. Had she been human, or even most species of Youkai, she would certainly have died. But she wasn't.

> For a brief moment, Elis looks bemused, the knife in her throat being ejected by a small gout of magic, and she smiles.

> Then all of a sudden she howls in pain, as the sunbeams of dawn make contact with her arm, which effectively bursts into flame.

> "What is this?!" she shrieks, like a bat in the night. She attempts to shield herself with her wing, but this starts turning into black smoke, holes being ripped through it by the light.

> The Scarlets were not kidding. Sunlight is really bad for Vampires!

> You start to form some barriers to try and slow her down [You are under absolutely no illusion that you can contain a vampire]. Elis starts diving directly downwards, to the cover of the treeline of the Forest of Magic.

// lunch break
>If Elis starts to break through the stacked barriers, break and give players a command opportunity.

//I don't want to auto commit to a spellcard if she breaks out yet, just in case it's either unnecessary or whatever comes from this would make a trance risky.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on April 07, 2019, 07:49:52 pm
>Are we on the ground or in the sky?
>How is our darkness sphere interacting with the sunlight?
>What is Sakuya doing now?

//Only parse those actions that don't advance time.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 07, 2019, 08:11:22 pm
>Are we on the ground or in the sky?
>How is our darkness sphere interacting with the sunlight?
>What is Sakuya doing now?

//Only parse those actions that don't advance time.

> Sky; above the treeline of the Forest.

> It is blocking most of the light from you. You're pretty senstive to light after all as you spend your life in darkness. You just don't combust.

> Sakuya is floating there, looking at Elis. She looks pale and is breatheing rapidly and heavily. It looks as if she can hardly grip the knife in her hand.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 07, 2019, 08:11:48 pm
> Don't do the following if it looks like Elis is about to die from the sunlight
> Fly up as fast as we can and declare (for real this time) "Dark Side of the Moon" once we're far up enough so that she gets trapped in the sunlight by the bounded field of the spell card rules
> If we have any control over our movement during the spell, put all our effort into moving upward

> If Elis looks like shes going to die from the sunlight just shoot at her with all the danmaku we got, all aimed bullets and rapid fire our six lasers
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 07, 2019, 08:38:05 pm
> Don't do the following if it looks like Elis is about to die from the sunlight
> Fly up as fast as we can and declare (for real this time) "Dark Side of the Moon" once we're far up enough so that she gets trapped in the sunlight by the bounded field of the spell card rules
> If we have any control over our movement during the spell, put all our effort into moving upward

> If Elis looks like shes going to die from the sunlight just shoot at her with all the danmaku we got, all aimed bullets and rapid fire our six lasers

> You declare your spellcard, putting up a bounded field just in time. The outer edge just catches the Vampire; who crashes into it.

> She immediately turns with a hellish look on her face, the grimoire in her burning arm flicking open and it's pages turning as she speaks what must be some form of Makaian.

> Elis points her wand at you, and you feel funny for a moment, before everything turns red, then black.

- YOU DIED -

Cause of death: Trapping yourself with a desperate vampire when you're a weakling [She exploded you]

- Reloading from previous successful command -

[OCC: I said I wasn't afraid of giving a bad end if something stupid happened. I think locking yourself in what equates to a cage match with Vampire desperately attempting to get out of the sunlight qualifies as 'what did you think she'd do'.

Tom's post is voided, continue from last parse.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 07, 2019, 09:22:44 pm
// I'm all outta ideas on how to deal with Elis

> Are our friends in the sunlight?  Alice's house is in a clearing in the Forest of Magic isn't it?
> Is the roof of Alice's house in the sunlight?
> Can someone lie on the roof without sliding off?
> Stay in the sunlight
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 07, 2019, 10:05:27 pm
// I'm all outta ideas on how to deal with Elis

> Are our friends in the sunlight?  Alice's house is in a clearing in the Forest of Magic isn't it?
> Is the roof of Alice's house in the sunlight?
> Can someone lie on the roof without sliding off?
> Stay in the sunlight

> It is a clearing, but the sun is low enough it wouldn't rise over the trees.

> Yes

> Maybe, is it slanted, you'd have to try to find out.

> You are already in the light

[Treated this as just questions]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 07, 2019, 10:16:31 pm
> Quickly pick up Alice (with her grimoire) and put her on the roof in the sunlight so Elis can't get to her, if she looks like shes gonna slide off move her to the top of the roof
> Be ready to dodge any attacks
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 07, 2019, 10:25:06 pm
> Quickly pick up Alice (with her grimoire) and put her on the roof in the sunlight so Elis can't get to her, if she looks like shes gonna slide off move her to the top of the roof
> Be ready to dodge any attacks

>Don't do this yet.

>Instead: Are we even close enough to Alice and our friends to do so? Elis CAN outspeed us after all
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 07, 2019, 10:29:16 pm
> Quickly pick up Alice (with her grimoire) and put her on the roof in the sunlight so Elis can't get to her, if she looks like shes gonna slide off move her to the top of the roof
> Be ready to dodge any attacks

>Don't do this yet.

>Instead: Are we even close enough to Alice and our friends to do so? Elis CAN outspeed us after all

> No way, Elis has a headstart and is faster than you. However her hands are full; and one of her arms is on fire.

> It is worth noting she is literally diving into the treeline, not at Alice.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 07, 2019, 10:35:14 pm
// I suggest it is best to let Elis go while remaining in the sunlight with our guard up ,though  this does not exclude further" surprises. //

> Keep our guard up and our eyes peeled for the direction Elis is heading to.

> Memorize it through The Compass when it is possible.

> Speak to Sakuya : " If that is all we could do,how about we all recover a little with some protection  ? "

> Cast barriers in the space between the outer edge  of the forest where she is fleeing to and the clearing in case she decides for a last-ditch attack .

> Quickly fly closer to Alice and next to Sakuya unless Elis is taking up particular actions.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 07, 2019, 10:40:20 pm
> Our barriers can't hold Elis so don't waste energy on it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 07, 2019, 10:48:08 pm
>"Miss Sakuya, will you be able to get down to the clearing on your own?"
>Look concerned, but remain wary of Elis.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 07, 2019, 11:02:47 pm
// I suggest it is best to let Elis go while remaining in the sunlight with our guard up ,though  this does not exclude further" surprises. //

> Keep our guard up and our eyes peeled for the direction Elis is heading to.

> Memorize it through The Compass when it is possible.

> Speak to Sakuya : " If that is all we could do,how about we all recover a little with some protection  ? "

> Cast barriers in the space between the outer edge  of the forest where she is fleeing to and the clearing in case she decides for a last-ditch attack .

> Quickly fly closer to Alice and next to Sakuya unless Elis is taking up particular actions.

> Elis heads directly down. You mark that location.

> Sakuya dosen't verbally respond, but descends to where everyone else is.

> Our barriers can't hold Elis so don't waste energy on it

> You don't bother with barriers.

>"Miss Sakuya, will you be able to get down to the clearing on your own?"
>Look concerned, but remain wary of Elis.

> Sakuya responds by descending to the clearing.

> You remain on guard for Elis.

> Nothing happens for a few moments, until the Forest's Maisma seems to roll for a few moments.

> "What happened?" you hear Cirno groan. It appears everyone is waking up.

> Sakuya falls to her knees and drops her knife, coughing violently. She neither sounds or looks healthy.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 07, 2019, 11:22:17 pm
>"That vampire from earlier knocked you all out with an illusion and wanted me to 'play' with her... She didn't take anything or hurt anyone from our group, but... D-Does anyone know a healer? Miss Sakuya is really hurt... I doubt she should even be conscious right now..."
>"H-Hang in there, okay, Miss Sakuya?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 07, 2019, 11:26:09 pm
> Make a large demarcation barrier around everyone in case Elis tries to strike back
> Try and wake up Alice, shake her if needed
> When she wakes up "Do you know any healing magic?  Sakuya here got hurt really bad trying to save us"

// Sidequest add: Plot revenge against Elis
> Murmur "Don't expect the leniency Mayina saw when I tell Yumeko who's after the grimoire"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 07, 2019, 11:37:18 pm
trying to save us"
>Leave this part out.

//Wording doesn't sit well with me. Technically she wasn't so much protecting us as much as she was trying to kill her.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 07, 2019, 11:52:55 pm
> change to "trying to help us" since she did help, Alice would have been abducted if it wasn't for Sakuya
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 08, 2019, 04:37:59 pm
>"That vampire from earlier knocked you all out with an illusion and wanted me to 'play' with her... She didn't take anything or hurt anyone from our group, but... D-Does anyone know a healer? Miss Sakuya is really hurt... I doubt she should even be conscious right now..."
>"H-Hang in there, okay, Miss Sakuya?"

> "It was that Elis one again, wasn't it?" Mystia says; getting herself off the ground.

> Alice looks very serious as she stands up. "Her name was Elis? And you're sure she was a vampire?"

> Alice looks at Sakuya. "I know someone who could tend to her for sure. I frequently visit her abdode to purchase sleeping pills."

> The puppeteer makes some motions with her hands, before some dolls come out with a roll of fabric. A couple more; holding small axes; hack some larger branches off a tree and strip the smaller ones attached to it, before they quickly assemble a stretcher. Sakuya seems to try and protect as more dolls lift her onto it, but she hardly seems conscious by this point.

> Make a large demarcation barrier around everyone in case Elis tries to strike back
> Try and wake up Alice, shake her if needed
> When she wakes up "Do you know any healing magic?  Sakuya here got hurt really bad trying to help us"

// Sidequest add: Plot revenge against Elis
> Murmur "Don't expect the leniency Mayina saw when I tell Yumeko who's after the grimoire"

> Alice is awake. As you are setting up barriers, she speaks. "If what you have told me is correct, you won't need to worry about that. The combination of daylight and the spell breaking probobly means Elis fled back to Makai. We'll be safe from her, at least until nightfall."

> "Healing magic is not something I can skilled in. Besides, as much as Miss Izayoi may claim to be human, I don't quite know how to treat someone of her kind." Alice says.

> Mayina hears you mutter [You figure his large; pointed ears are not just for show]. "That's more like how you should treat your enemies." he says, just loud enough for you to hear.


> Sakuya groans on the makeshift stretcher. "The Youkai is right. The enemy is a Vampire called Elis."

> Alice frowns. "I heard about a Vampire with a Star-Shaped birthmark on the Council. I never met her, but she was best described as... difficult and rowdy. She hardly showed any interest in running Makai, or what few rules the Daemons set themselves, and mostly just kept pushing for wars. Vampires as a species are Greater Deamons who specifically adapted to  be almost unstoppable war machines, able to even create their own armies of Thralls and vampire-like beings from other races. They would boast one Vampire could conquer a planet. In fact it wasn't unusual for them to open rifts to other worlds and cause havoc for fun, spreading their infections and killing." the girl explains. "It wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened to create the Scarlets."

> "That would explain Miss Remilia's reaction to Elis." Mystia says.

> "Most of them were killed or imprisoned in Hokkai after they tried to take over Paradise before I was born however. Invasions like those they used to do were banned, and they revolted. If Elis is that Vampire Councillor... she might be the one behind it all. It even fits with what the Vampires did in the past." Alice continues.

> Mayina grunts. "Even as far as daemons go, Vampires are considered vile."

> "There are always exceptions, of course." Alice states. "But unless there's two Vampires in Makai with star-shaped marks... it would seem Elis is not one of them."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 08, 2019, 04:44:00 pm
>Wasn't Mayina 's old employer supposedly someone on the council?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 08, 2019, 05:05:54 pm
> "Sleeping pills?  You don't suppose she also has anabolic steroids strength pills?!"  Confused look

> "If we're safe during the day, is it possible to freeze the day to delay nightfall?  We remember an incident where it was night for a really long time, so maybe the opposite is possible too.  It's not like we'll be doing something bad, since we'll be causing an incident to solve another"

> "Since Elis likely won't know where we are she'll likely come back to your house to look for you, what if we set up a trap where opening the door sets off a giant explosion"

> "You likely know that I have a ... sensitive taste for meat, and normally had I seen a human in Sakuya's condition I would've had a hard time resisting my ... Youkai Instincts but she not even appetizing, something about her is off"
> "So I seriously doubt Sakuya is human"

> "Yumeko also told us to make sure no one gets your grimoire, why would these troublemakers be after it?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 08, 2019, 05:20:18 pm
> "If we're safe during the day, is it possible to freeze the day to delay nightfall?  We remember an incident where it was night for a really long time, so maybe the opposite is possible too.  It's not like we'll be doing something bad, since we'll be causing an incident to solve another"
>The best way to stop an incident is to use another incident! Foolproof!
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 08, 2019, 05:26:12 pm
Imperishable Night in a nutshell
Rename thread to Imperishable Day
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 08, 2019, 05:42:53 pm
>Wasn't Mayina 's old employer supposedly someone on the council?

> You recall him saying something to that effect

> "Sleeping pills?  You don't suppose she also has anabolic steroids strength pills?!"  Confused look

> "If we're safe during the day, is it possible to freeze the day to delay nightfall?  We remember an incident where it was night for a really long time, so maybe the opposite is possible too.  It's not like we'll be doing something bad, since we'll be causing an incident to solve another"

> "Since Elis likely won't know where we are she'll likely come back to your house to look for you, what if we set up a trap where opening the door sets off a giant explosion"

> "You likely know that I have a ... sensitive taste for meat, and normally had I seen a human in Sakuya's condition I would've had a hard time resisting my ... Youkai Instincts but she not even appetizing, something about her is off"
> "So I seriously doubt Sakuya is human"

> "Yumeko also told us to make sure no one gets your grimoire, why would these troublemakers be after it?"

> "I'm unsure. I heard one of her underlings has something like that, but her underling is a Lunar Rabbit, not an Earth Youkai. It probobly wouldn't work on anyone that isn't a Lunar Rabbit." Alice replies.

> "The people you would have to talk to about that are actually the same people who we'll be going to see." Alice states.

> Alice looks... dumbfounded. "All that would do is annoy her and destroy my house. If it took something as simple as an explosion to kill a Vampire; I'm sure Marisa would have offed Remilia by accident already on one of her nighttime library raids."

 > "I'm not certain exactly what Sakuya is." Alice sighs. "She looks human, and claims to be human, but her demeanor towards humans cannot possibly be... and... well... no human could survive those wounds. Not even Reimu."

> Wriggle sniffs the air.

> "She smells different to humans. Humans smell like Iron. She smells of Iron and something else."

> "It's Steel." Kogasa says. "It's made of Iron. Like Iron but better."

> "How do you know that?" Cirno asks.

> Kogasa looks flustered and waves her arms up and down at the fairy as she answers "I'm a Blacksmith! It's my job!"

> "If it's Iron but better does that mean she would taste better?" Mystia asks.

> This makes Sakuya groan.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 08, 2019, 05:46:22 pm
//So Sakuya is a cyborg?

>"On the council, huh... Well Mayina's former employer was supposedly somewhere high up in Makai's hierarchy, possibly on the council... He never knew who it was, though. Do you think it could've been her?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 08, 2019, 05:48:47 pm
//So Sakuya is a cyborg?

>"On the council, huh... Well Mayina's former employer was supposedly somewhere high up in Makai's hierarchy, possibly on the council... He never knew who it was, though. Do you think it could've been her?"

No.

> "Given the evidence we have, almost certainly, unless there are two Star-marked Vampires." Alice says.

> Alice starts to move, her dolls carrying Sakuya's stretcher. She takes off and starts flying East. A doll motions for you to follow.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 08, 2019, 05:49:51 pm
>"Let's go everyone."
>If Mayina starts falling behind, try to keep pace with him.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 08, 2019, 05:59:27 pm
> Make sure Sakuya hasn't dropped anything (watch or knives), pick them up if so

> If everyone is flying turn to Mayina with our hands open
> "Time is of essence now since we'll be vulnerable past sunset"
> "So may I?"
> Offer to carry him
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 08, 2019, 06:33:18 pm
> Make sure Sakuya hasn't dropped anything (watch or knives), pick them up if so

> You cannot see any of...

> A doll shows up out of the treeline carrying some knives and flies after Alice.

>"Let's go everyone."
>If Mayina starts falling behind, try to keep pace with him.

> If everyone is flying turn to Mayina with our hands open
> "Time is of essence now since we'll be vulnerable past sunset"
> "So may I?"
> Offer to carry him

> Everyone takes off, and you decide to offer the deamon some help.

> He sneers at your hand, grumbles, and then says "Fine, if I don't that woman will probobly die or something. I at least owe her that for keeping that Vampire away from me."

> The orange-haired deamon grips your wrist instead of your hand.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 08, 2019, 06:59:29 pm
> Look confused at how Mayina gripped our wrist
> Quickly pick him up in the least uncomfortable way we can
> Follow Alice

> Whisper "If you feel too embarrassed just says so and I'll fly low so no one sees us"

> "A-and don't get the wrong idea, I'm only doing this because we're in a hurry"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 08, 2019, 07:49:31 pm
> Look confused at how Mayina gripped our wrist
> Quickly pick him up in the least uncomfortable way we can
> Follow Alice

> Whisper "If you feel too embarrassed just says so and I'll fly low so no one sees us"

> "A-and don't get the wrong idea, I'm only doing this because we're in a hurry"

> The daemon notes your confusion.

> "I ain't holding your hand." he says.

> You take off after Alice. Carrying the daemon isn't too difficult.

> "That's why I am holding your wrist." he says as you stammer.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 08, 2019, 08:01:10 pm
> Follow and keep up with Alice
> "G-good to know we're on the s-same page"

> "So where is this place?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 08, 2019, 09:07:21 pm
> Follow and keep up with Alice
> "G-good to know we're on the s-same page"

> "So where is this place?"

> Mayina dosen't respond.

> "The Bamboo Forest. We won't be able to reach it by flying over due to magic around it, but luckily I know the way through, and the rabbits shouldn't cause problems since they know I'm a customer." Alice states. "Just stay near me and don't listen to any rabbits. Just because they won't mess with me dosen't mean they won't mess with you all."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 08, 2019, 09:13:24 pm
> Stay close to Alice and keep going
> "What happens if you try and fly over it?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 08, 2019, 09:21:11 pm
> Stay close to Alice and keep going
> "What happens if you try and fly over it?"

> "Nothing, but you'll never find what you're looking for either." Alice remarks. "It's called the Bamboo Forest of the Lost for a reason."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 08, 2019, 09:28:51 pm
> "Ah I get it now"
> Continue into the Bamboo Forest
> "I think its best we hover instead of walking, if those rabbits like to mess with people like Alice said there might be traps on the ground"
> Hover instead of walking

> Summon our compass barrier, align the + with the rising sun and mark the location of where we entered the bamboo forest with a tiny darkness sphere
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 09, 2019, 12:47:18 pm
> "Ah I get it now"
> Continue into the Bamboo Forest
> "I think its best we hover instead of walking, if those rabbits like to mess with people like Alice said there might be traps on the ground"
> Hover instead of walking

> Summon our compass barrier, align the + with the rising sun and mark the location of where we entered the bamboo forest with a tiny darkness sphere

> "Of course, the issue is when you try to fly above the forest." Alice states. "Although the rabbits don't place traps on the path, only if you stray and they lead you into them. It would be very inconvenient after all if there were traps on the path they use to get around."

> When hovering, you realize since you're significantly shorter than Mayina; he's walking anyway. With his feet on the ground, he lets go of your wrist.

> You mark the entrance of the Bamboo Forest on your compass.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 09, 2019, 04:34:08 pm
> Be in the lookout for bunnies
> "So Alice, I noticed back at your house that the dolls wouldn't move while you were unconscious, why is that?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 09, 2019, 09:16:07 pm
> Be in the lookout for bunnies
> "So Alice, I noticed back at your house that the dolls wouldn't move while you were unconscious, why is that?"

> "Because I control them. I'm a puppeteer. Even now there are countless tiny magical strings allowing me to control my dolls." Alice explains. "With me unconscious, the dolls cannot move."

> A rabbit jumps out of the bamboo, onto the route you are taking, and looks surprised for a moment.

(https://safebooru.org//images/1970/ae9392f738038a2df191819008d652c8dc6df32f.png?2054868)

> Tewi Inaba
> Leader of the Bamboo Bunnies

> "Huh; I've met that rabbit before." Cirno says

> "I think her name is Tewi." Mystia says. "Bumped into her when all those flowers bloomed."

> "Oh? I wasn't expecting to see you returning for a few more weeks." the rabbit says, before she looks around Alice and looks mischievously.

> "That's quite an entourage you have, what's in there..."

> Tewi hops over and looks in the steacher, before sighing.

> "Eirin said if I see anyone injured not to pull any pranks and to make sure they get to her. Said it would be good for business." Tewi says. "You lot keep your little train going, I'll make sure she gets there alive."

> The rabbit places her hand on Sakuya's forehead, with a faint green glow.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 09, 2019, 09:22:11 pm
> "Thank you!"
> "Maybe some other time we can pull some pranks together on villagers that stray too far from town!"
> Make it pitch black around us
> "My abilities are useful for surprises"
> Restore our darkness to it's normal level

> Turn to Alice
> "How do those strings work?  Can they only control dolls or could they also control living things?"
> "Also isn't it difficult to keep track of and control all of them at the same time?  Wouldn't it be nicer if you made an 'automatic' doll?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 09, 2019, 09:31:04 pm
> "My abilities are useful for surprises"
>"Speaking of... Hey, Kogasa, if she agrees to wanting to prank and surprise people, would you like to tag along? I did say I'd help you improve, after all."
>Smile.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 09, 2019, 10:57:10 pm
> "Thank you!"
> "Maybe some other time we can pull some pranks together on villagers that stray too far from town!"
> Make it pitch black around us
> "My abilities are useful for surprises"
> Restore our darkness to it's normal level

> Turn to Alice
> "How do those strings work?  Can they only control dolls or could they also control living things?"
> "Also isn't it difficult to keep track of and control all of them at the same time?  Wouldn't it be nicer if you made an 'automatic' doll?"

> Tewi looks at you mockingly.

> "You stand out like a sore thumb like that." she says. "Anyway; I can't go too far from here often. I run things in this forest. I'm the boss of all the rabbits. I have better things to do than mess with some random humans outside here."

> The rabbit dosen't *seem* like some powerful boss, but she dosen't seem to show anything that would indicate she's lying either.

>"Speaking of... Hey, Kogasa, if she agrees to wanting to prank and surprise people, would you like to tag along? I did say I'd help you improve, after all."
>Smile.

> Kogasa nods, and bobs her umbrella up and down.

> "They're precise, and so is the magic that guides them." Alice says. "That and practice. I'd need to practise to use the strings on a living being however. I'd need to get used to their size; mass, how they move... even then they would have to surrender themselves to me."

> "An autonomous doll is my ultimate goal." Alice states simply. "A living doll; one that moves, thinks and has it's own will. Maybe when I've accomplished that..."

> Alice shakes her head. "I'm talking too much. None of that is your concern..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 09, 2019, 11:33:56 pm
>"An autonomous doll huh? Sounds interesting... Do you think learning how to use strings on a living being will help you with that?"

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 10, 2019, 12:12:05 am
> Look at Tewi
> "Sure but that's a good thing!  Everyone expects the Youkai of Darkness whenever they see a pitch black sphere midday, they wont expect you or Kogasa to be in that sphere!"
> Temporarily make a Demarcation Sphere around Kogasa while we say this
> "Or maybe a betting game!  I can make several of these spheres and they have to guess in which one I am!  If there's 3 spheres and there's only one of me the odds are in our favor!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magiic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 10, 2019, 12:58:33 am
> Tewi looks at you mockingly.

> "You stand out like a sore thumb like that." she says. "Anyway; I can't go too far from here often. I run things in this forest. I'm the boss of all the rabbits. I have better things to do than mess with some random humans outside here."

> The rabbit dosen't *seem* like some powerful boss, but she dosen't seem to show anything that would indicate she's lying either.

> Kogasa nods, and bobs her umbrella up and down.

> "They're precise, and so is the magic that guides them." Alice says. "That and practice. I'd need to practise to use the strings on a living being however. I'd need to get used to their size; mass, how they move... even then they would have to surrender themselves to me."

> "An autonomous doll is my ultimate goal." Alice states simply. "A living doll; one that moves, thinks and has it's own will. Maybe when I've accomplished that..."

> Alice shakes her head. "I'm talking too much. None of that is your concern..."

//(Innocently belayed and over-written ) ClapsClaps for winning,even with that " Continue Used through Flaming Pursuit",the1st Part of a True Main Boss (VS) Elis  ....For her as a Vampire, after  "hopefully calming and collaborating threads and events", (along Remilia,Flandre,Kurumi,maybe Vampire OCs  mentioned?) Darkness (Shieldings???) Sphere&Barriers&Manipulation(esp. when Reinedup,Unseaed,Greater) would be good for Relations,Negotiations,Team-Ups // ,

> Any action/command or part of them,if they do,  Tewi's Healing Glow and Aid to Sakuya must be postponed or adapted. Rumia's voice and movements must be soft ,no high-pitch unless emergencies.

> Smile to Tewi : Ahah yes,the pitch black might  alert and stick out  when it is light time it might also be curious ...

> Playful  wink.
> ...It would be a good curious not far from the Bamboo Forest for I do ybest past sunsets AND ! even whole days of (//Canon)//) New Moon (// "Dark Moon"if Rumia has yet to learn it// )for Pranks and Meetings and Fun , with limits,especially if people in bad shapes or helping  ... All the better if planned some or more with a team or pairs or...!
> Playful wink.
> Mention we have " managed" perfect see-through of our Darkness if it is at least hinted.
> They expects a Little Youkai  of Darkness and Dusk ,by the way my name is Rumia,we are happy to meet you ,Iand my friends along who are...That is so, first is the caring for Miss Sakuya and then listen to her story after-recovery!

> Look in thought to Alice  after listening for Tewi's answer,for comments related or not,First Aid comes 1 : Alice,go on as much as you like,it sounds intereseting and useful ... Autonomous Doll without strings and on willing living beings ... We might truly  find a chance to help you without fuss and tattle ,if you'd like and tell us how, with the journeys and "newness"we could be in in the future.

> Add "Alice's Aid - Living Doll - (// or better names//) Quest ".
> Add " Otherworlds Journeys&Possibilities Quest ".

// About "Journeys&Possibilities",we could highlight the "Paradise" Alice mentioned,and known a bit by Mayna and Makaiwns for starters, around Eientei.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 10, 2019, 01:21:57 am
> Playful wink.
> Mention we have " managed" perfect see-through of our Darkness if it is at least hinted.

> Do not mention this, no one (other than our close friends need to know)

> Also lets be discrete and not mention that Alice is from Makai or that she is Shinki's daughter (Everyone knows her as a magician puppeteer from the Forest of Magic)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 10, 2019, 04:49:44 pm
>"An autonomous doll huh? Sounds interesting... Do you think learning how to use strings on a living being will help you with that?"

> "no, I do not see how they would." Alice states. "Moving a living being and creating one are worlds apart."

> Look at Tewi
> "Sure but that's a good thing!  Everyone expects the Youkai of Darkness whenever they see a pitch black sphere midday, they wont expect you or Kogasa to be in that sphere!"
> Temporarily make a Demarcation Sphere around Kogasa while we say this
> "Or maybe a betting game!  I can make several of these spheres and they have to guess in which one I am!  If there's 3 spheres and there's only one of me the odds are in our favor!"

> You create a sphere of darkness around Kogasa. However, this weakens your main sphere, causing you both to be clearly visible in a sort of twilight.

> "If I wanted to play a game like that I'd just get some rabbits to help me and have them try and guess which is which." Tewi says.


//(Innocently belayed and over-written ) ClapsClaps for winning,even with that " Continue Used through Flaming Pursuit",the1st Part of a True Main Boss (VS) Elis  ....For her as a Vampire, after  "hopefully calming and collaborating threads and events", (along Remilia,Flandre,Kurumi,maybe Vampire OCs  mentioned?) Darkness (Shieldings???) Sphere&Barriers&Manipulation(esp. when Reinedup,Unseaed,Greater) would be good for Relations,Negotiations,Team-Ups // ,

> Any action/command or part of them,if they do,  Tewi's Healing Glow and Aid to Sakuya must be postponed or adapted. Rumia's voice and movements must be soft ,no high-pitch unless emergencies.

> Smile to Tewi : Ahah yes,the pitch black might  alert and stick out  when it is light time it might also be curious ...

> Playful  wink.
> ...It would be a good curious not far from the Bamboo Forest for I do ybest past sunsets AND ! even whole days of (//Canon)//) New Moon (// "Dark Moon"if Rumia has yet to learn it// )for Pranks and Meetings and Fun , with limits,especially if people in bad shapes or helping  ... All the better if planned some or more with a team or pairs or...!
> Playful wink.
> Mention we have " managed" perfect see-through of our Darkness if it is at least hinted.
> They expects a Little Youkai  of Darkness and Dusk ,by the way my name is Rumia,we are happy to meet you ,Iand my friends along who are...That is so, first is the caring for Miss Sakuya and then listen to her story after-recovery!

> Look in thought to Alice  after listening for Tewi's answer,for comments related or not,First Aid comes 1 : Alice,go on as much as you like,it sounds intereseting and useful ... Autonomous Doll without strings and on willing living beings ... We might truly  find a chance to help you without fuss and tattle ,if you'd like and tell us how, with the journeys and "newness"we could be in in the future.

> Add "Alice's Aid - Living Doll - (// or better names//) Quest ".
> Add " Otherworlds Journeys&Possibilities Quest ".

// About "Journeys&Possibilities",we could highlight the "Paradise" Alice mentioned,and known a bit by Mayna and Makaiwns for starters, around Eientei.

> Do not mention this, no one (other than our close friends need to know)

> Also lets be discrete and not mention that Alice is from Makai or that she is Shinki's daughter (Everyone knows her as a magician puppeteer from the Forest of Magic)

> "I'm Tewi." the rabbit says as she hops along the side of the stretcher. "And I'm not healing her, I'm simply giving her luck. That's my ability, manipulation of Luck. She's lucky to survive as it is. I'm just making sure that luck holds out."

> "I'm not sure what possible use you could be for my ambitions... do you even understand the magnitude of what I aim to accomplish?" Alice asks.

> A traditional style noble's palace becomes visible in the bamboo. The location feels... calm. There are quite a few rabbits, both youkai and regular; hopping around the area.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 10, 2019, 06:15:20 pm
> "Well I've never seen an autonomous doll before so you would be the first person to ever make one!  The way you talk about it also makes it seem like it's been a lifelong dream of yours, which is why I want to help!"

> Maybe full size spheres are too big
> "That would work but once they learn which rabbit is which they'll win every time"
> Try putting our compass in a small darkness barrier and make 2 more similar similar sized ones
> "This way it's impossible for someone really smart to predict which one has the object, so the game is based on luck"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 10, 2019, 06:17:45 pm
>"Yeah, but wouldn't knowing how to move and control one give you a feel for how a living being should feel so it could be copied easier in a doll?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 10, 2019, 06:51:57 pm
> "Well I've never seen an autonomous doll before so you would be the first person to ever make one!  The way you talk about it also makes it seem like it's been a lifelong dream of yours, which is why I want to help!"

> Maybe full size spheres are too big
> "That would work but once they learn which rabbit is which they'll win every time"
> Try putting our compass in a small darkness barrier and make 2 more similar similar sized ones
> "This way it's impossible for someone really smart to predict which one has the object, so the game is based on luck"

>"Yeah, but wouldn't knowing how to move and control one give you a feel for how a living being should feel so it could be copied easier in a doll?"

> Alice sighs. "It's not about how they move, or how they work. To make a doll that moves on it's own, thinks on it's own, acts on it's own... you need to know far more than just how things move. Besides, I've seen enough living things to know how they work."

> "The only one who can tell most of the rabbits apart is me." Tewi says proudly. "They're all nearly identical."

> "Impossible to predict?" a voice says. "Even if you were to absolutely ensure there was no way for your movements to be tracked, there would still be a one-in-three chance, regardless of how smart you are."

> In the doorway of the building is a tall woman, with long-braided white hair. She is wearing a red-and-blue dress, with star markings and lines connecting them. Upon her back is a bow and a single arrow.

> (https://safebooru.org//images/2364/7f665f6623749a75151d7e21075e24a030530c87.jpg?2463483)
> Eirin Yagokoro
> Celestial Mind

> The tall woman looks immediately at the stretcher, and has a rather serious face.

> "Undonge, guide them to the medical room. I shall go there immediately and prepare for operations." she says, rushing back inside.

> Another rabbit exits, this one looking very different to Tewi. She's much taller; has lavender hair, her ears point upwards, and she is dressed completely differently.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2545/55c88bd845d8736ff4e918b41e8ebd4c63229169.png)
> Reisen Udongein Inaba
> Rabbit who has adopted the Earth

> "We had best get you all inside." the rabbit says. "That way as soon as Master is prepared we can begin."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 10, 2019, 07:50:07 pm
>"Alright. Lead the way, then."
>Make sure everyone is accounted for first.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 10, 2019, 08:04:36 pm
>"Alright. Lead the way, then."
>Make sure everyone is accounted for first.

> You ensure everyone is accounted for; and note Mayina lurking around, attempting to be as hard to spot as he can.

> You follow the rabbit indoors, and immediately can tell the building is far larger on the inside; a web of corridors and sliding doors. Yet the rabbit guides you without hesitation.

> Eventually you reach a room and she stops; sticking her head in, and then out.

> "Master is not yet ready. Although; I must say, I've fought Sakuya before. It must have been something pretty serious to have done that to her." the rabbit says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 10, 2019, 09:00:16 pm
> "Well lets wait for your master then"

> "So Alice maybe you could start with simple things like making them walk in a straight line on their own, then give them the ability to avoid obstacles, then possibly have them automatically follow you and so on eventually to the point where they can learn actions on their own.  I think that with enough small automatic actions, the interactions between those actions and the ability to create new actions they could eventually become fully autonomous"
> "I'll help you any way I can"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 10, 2019, 09:07:01 pm
> You ensure everyone is accounted for; and note Mayina lurking around, attempting to be as hard to spot as he can.

> You follow the rabbit indoors, and immediately can tell the building is far larger on the inside; a web of corridors and sliding doors. Yet the rabbit guides you without hesitation.

> Eventually you reach a room and she stops; sticking her head in, and then out.

> "Master is not yet ready. Although; I must say, I've fought Sakuya before. It must have been something pretty serious to have done that to her." the rabbit says.
// How much do we want to say around that right now?//

> (before talking to Alice) To "Miss Tall Lunar Rabbit smile :" Well,seeing how unexpected we all came and miss Sakuya is,you and your Master seem quite prepared, thanks to both miss Tall Lunar Rabbit ! And to Tewi as well!

> Wavering smile :Ah...About miss Sakuya... She could have avoided some of it if she didn't step in to help in me in rescuing our group from a raid ... It was a new very strong foe outside of Genskoyo and Spellcard Rules,although she held back most of the time for her amusement.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 10, 2019, 09:59:09 pm
> "Well lets wait for your master then"

> "So Alice maybe you could start with simple things like making them walk in a straight line on their own, then give them the ability to avoid obstacles, then possibly have them automatically follow you and so on eventually to the point where they can learn actions on their own.  I think that with enough small automatic actions, the interactions between those actions and the ability to create new actions they could eventually become fully autonomous"
> "I'll help you any way I can"

> The rabbit nods.

> Alice looks a little frustrated, and mutters something about prefering to be alone before she answers. "It's not about me making the dolls do that. I want to..."

> Alice hesitates, looking nervous, before pointing at Kogasa. "Like she's an umbrella that can act on her own. I want to create something like that."

> Reisen gives Alice a suspicious look hearing that, but doesn't press.

// How much do we want to say around that right now?//

> (before talking to Alice) To "Miss Tall Lunar Rabbit smile :" Well,seeing how unexpected we all came and miss Sakuya is,you and your Master seem quite prepared, thanks to both miss Tall Lunar Rabbit ! And to Tewi as well!

> Wavering smile :Ah...About miss Sakuya... She could have avoided some of it if she didn't step in to help in me in rescuing our group from a raid ... It was a new very strong foe outside of Genskoyo and Spellcard Rules,although she held back most of the time for her amusement.

> "We were aware of the incident and were prepared in case any of the Rabbits or other youkai were attacked; or if Miss Kamishirasawa brought any injured humans." Undonge explains.

> "It must have been a powerful enemy indeed to be able to defeat Sakuya while holding back..." Reisen says, looking somewhat worried "I'd hate to have to fight such a foe. I heard they're daemons from a place called Makai, and there's some history with this land and Makai. I'm not from Gensokyo so I'm afraid I'm no expert in it's history and relation with places aside from the Moon."

> Eirin sticks her head out of the room.

> "Bring her in. I'm likly going to need some extra hands. Puppeteer, you're likly quite deft, and I'll probobly need someone else..."

> Eirin looks at the two fairies and immediately shakes her head, then at Wriggle, then at Mystia who she seems happy with until she looks at her talons. Then she looks at Kogasa and notices she only has one hand free. She dosen't even seem to consider Mayina.

> "You seem to be the most qualified." Eirin says to you. "Just be sure to dip your hands in the bowl before you touch anything else, and be very careful not to drop or break anything. I'll probobly just need you to pass some things over, time will be important and I won't have time to grab everything I need as I work."

> Eirin re-enters the room, with the rabbit following. Alice follows afterwards, bringing Sakuya.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 10, 2019, 10:15:05 pm
>If we're good at communicating nonverbally, give Wriggle and Kogasa a look that says "make sure Mayina stays out of trouble."

>Follow.

>Say helpful things to the doctor every single time she needs to do something (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-4n6-Gkdu8&feature=youtu.be&t=302).
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 10, 2019, 10:28:11 pm
>If we're good at communicating nonverbally, give Wriggle and Kogasa a look that says "make sure Mayina stays out of trouble."

>Follow.

>Say helpful things to the doctor every single time she needs to do something (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-4n6-Gkdu8&feature=youtu.be&t=302).

> You look at Mayina, then back to Wriggle and Mystia; who nod at you.

> You follow Alice.

> The room has shelves filled with all sorts of vials and equipment against two walls. Sakuya has been placed on some sort of large table. Next to you is a bowl filled with a water-like liquid that smells strange. Kind of like Sake, but definitely not at the same time.

> Eirin is currently inspecting Sakuya's injuries. Reisen is grabbing a few vials, while Alice is standing by.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 10, 2019, 10:29:51 pm
> Look at Alice
> "Well I want to create things too, though not as ambitious as you're trying to make, which is why I want to help"

> Dip our hands fully in the bowl
> "What is this stuff?"
> Smell our hands

> "Ready"
> Hand over to Eirin what she asks for
> Pay close attention to the procedure Eirin is doing and the try and learn what tools she's using, first aid skills are always useful!
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 11, 2019, 04:33:41 pm
> Look at Alice
> "Well I want to create things too, though not as ambitious as you're trying to make, which is why I want to help"

> Dip our hands fully in the bowl
> "What is this stuff?"
> Smell our hands

> "Ready"
> Hand over to Eirin what she asks for
> Pay close attention to the procedure Eirin is doing and the try and learn what tools she's using, first aid skills are always useful!

> "It's an alcohol disinfectant." the rabbit responds, without looking. "Don't drink it, that stuff would knock out even an Oni if they tried. It's not supposed to be drunk; it's supposed to kill illnesses."

> Eirin cleans around Sakuya's wounds, and surprisingly; they seem rather small. She then looks at them.

> "It almost seems like her blood vessels erupted outward..." Eirin says. "There might even more more damage I can't see internally... but... Reisen, can you apply some pressure there, Puppeteer, can you use your dolls to apply pressure to the wounds other than this one, Youkai, can you get me the silver-colored thread, a vial of human blood and a vial of Lunarian blood..."

> Eirin puts a finger with a little of Sakuya's blood on her tongue for the briefest of moments. "The vial of Human Blood needs to say AB."

> "Lunarian blood?" Undonge asks.

> "She's a half-breed. Probobly some exiled Lunarian. Doubt she even really knows herself; but it explains why she acts so cold towards regular humans. Typical Lunarian superiority complex. Purely human blood won't suffice."

> "I'm more surprised you have vials of that Master..."

[OCC: Japan puts a lot of emphasis on blood types and meanings. AB is usually associated with being Talented and Composed. Both of which fit Sakuya to a T]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 11, 2019, 05:00:13 pm
// Did Alice ignore our response or was it a GM oversight

> Find the silver thread and give it to Eirin
> Find the vial of human blood that says AN
> Find the vial of lunarian blood
> Pass them over to Eirin

> "What could have made her wounds burst outward?  Lethal bullet hits?  Laser burns?"

> "Huh that's probably why her scent wasn't ... appetizing"
> "Being a Youkai I still have a taste for meat even though I don't practice hunting anymore"

> Notice the dolls applying pressure
> "I can also form barriers that can apply some amount of pressure if it's useful"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 11, 2019, 05:12:31 pm

> "Huh that's probavly why she's not ... appetizing"
> "Being a Youkai I still have a taste for meat even though I don't practice hunting anymore"
>Let's not imply that we actually tasted her when we didn't.

//Will edit in more commands later
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 11, 2019, 05:14:42 pm
// Edited to imply that it was just the scent and we didn't try
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 11, 2019, 05:48:19 pm
// Did Alice ignore our response or was it a GM oversight

> Find the silver thread and give it to Eirin
> Find the vial of human blood that says AN
> Find the vial of lunarian blood
> Pass them over to Eirin

> "What could have made her wounds burst outward?  Lethal bullet hits?  Laser burns?"

> "Huh that's probably why her scent wasn't ... appetizing"
> "Being a Youkai I still have a taste for meat even though I don't practice hunting anymore"

> Notice the dolls applying pressure
> "I can also form barriers that can apply some amount of pressure if it's useful"

// Alice is busy helping Eirin. She ignored you but primarily because she figures instructions are a bit more important.

> You find the required items, although the smell of the Lunarian blood is rather repulsive to you.

> "If it was something that effected her blood vessels, it was likely Blood Magic." Eirin responds.

> "I can't imagine Lunarians taste very appealing." Eirin says as if it's a matter of fact.

> Eirin mixes together the contents of the two vials; which seem to replenish themselves once she puts them down, and empties them into a bad with some sort of tube, ending in a point, and gently stabs that point into Sakuya's wrist.

> She then puts on a pair of glasses, and grabs the silvery thread. You can't see what she is doing with it as she takes the end of it inside one of the wounds.

> "No no, if you do that and she jerks in reaction to anything I'm doing that could end badly." Eirin says. "Can you open the cabinet on the back shelf and carefully bring me the tray inside? Be careful; it will be cold."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 11, 2019, 05:53:07 pm
//Whelp so much for editing in my actual commands.  :V

>Do it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 11, 2019, 06:30:26 pm
> Visually inspect tray while we're at it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 11, 2019, 09:04:53 pm
//Whelp so much for editing in my actual commands.  :V

>Do it.

// Derp

> Visually inspect tray while we're at it

> You find the tray, in what seems to be a chilled drawer.

> The tray is somewhat large and made of metal. Inside is... a flesh-colored goo. It's not quite solid, as it seems to be jiggleing a bit as you move, and the tray is cold to the touch.

> You place it on the table next to Eirin. After a few seconds, she takes her hand away from Sakuya's wound, and starts filling it with the goo.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 11, 2019, 09:06:54 pm
>"What's the goo for?"

//Will be at work until 10 pm mdt
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 11, 2019, 09:12:22 pm
> "Is that ... replacement meat?"
> "Is she really that bad?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 11, 2019, 09:19:15 pm
>"What's the goo for?"

//Will be at work until 10 pm mdt

> "Is that ... replacement meat?"
> "Is she really that bad?"

> "It's a magical poultice." the rabbit explains as Eirin moves onto the next wound with the thread. "It greatly accelerates natural recovery. It's basically like food for the cells and makes them speed up healing. It also contains some stem cells that can adapt and replace anything that needs that."

> You can see the wound that was filled with the goo closing up slowly, as if it is regenerating. It's not fast like Elis' healing was, but you can still see it progessing.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 11, 2019, 09:41:04 pm
> "Ahh that's really useful"
> "I want to ask you about my eye sight when you have time"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 11, 2019, 09:57:48 pm
> "I want to ask you about my eye sight when you have time"
>Don't say this

// can't say why rn. Will explain when on break.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 11, 2019, 10:32:38 pm
// Alright
> Get anything else Eirin needs
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 11, 2019, 10:36:51 pm
//(on break for next 10 mins or so)
//Do we really want to bring up our eyesight to eirin? We barely know her in character after all, plus we wanted to keep it a secret for now.

//might be working again by the time you reply. I'll be next available around 6 to 6:30 when my lunch break starts
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 12, 2019, 07:51:12 am
// Lets not then, or wait for a better and less awkward chance to do so
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 12, 2019, 08:18:12 am
//Alright.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 12, 2019, 05:14:40 pm
> Eirin continues to work; seemingly not requireing anything else from you. She is repeating her process for each of Sakuya's wounds.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 12, 2019, 05:25:25 pm
//You missed Tom's actions, it seems. I only countermanded the second sentence of his first action.

> "Ahh that's really useful"
> Get anything else Eirin needs
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 12, 2019, 07:27:45 pm
// My actions were basically 'just keep going', Eirin probably just ignored us cause she has nothing to say

> Wait until Eirin finishes, get any other items she might need
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 13, 2019, 03:56:58 pm
// My actions were basically 'just keep going', Eirin probably just ignored us cause she has nothing to say

> Wait until Eirin finishes, get any other items she might need

// Yeah I forgot to quote, I was more seeing if there was anything else that was wanted to ask/be done before I proceeded.

> Eirin finishes filling the last of Sakuya's major wounds, and turns her attention to her damaged arm.

> "I shall require two sections of bamboo and some cloth." Eirin says. "Actually; Undonge, can you get that? This might actually be a task best suited for our youkai helper, a bit of strength is probobly required here. Puppeteer, can you get two of your puppets ready, unarmed please. Their small frames can help secure the wood in place. It'll make this quicker and less painful for her."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 13, 2019, 06:26:25 pm
> Wait for Udonge to get the bamboo
> "What are we going to do?"

> Look at Sakuya
> "Should she be awake for this?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 13, 2019, 06:45:37 pm
> "Should she be awake for this?"
>Only say this if she's somehow still conscious.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 13, 2019, 08:40:18 pm
> Wait for Udonge to get the bamboo
> "What are we going to do?"

> Look at Sakuya
> "Should she be awake for this?"

> "We're going to hold the bones in her arm in the right position to heal. However, for that to happen the broken bones must be in the correct position." Eirin says. "Despite how you look; I'm fairly sure as a youkai you have the most strength, and thus should be able to help with that quicker than any of us can, while we apply the structure to keep the arm still."

> The rabbit returns with two thick stalks of bamboo, and hands Alice a reel of cloth, which her dolls grab.

> Sakuya is unconscious.

> Eirin lifts up Sakuya's damaged arm.

> "Right; the break is right here." Eirin says; indicateing a point on the arm with a finger. "However the bone has splitered apart and it won't heal properly like that." she explains; traceing with the same finger two lines. Looking at Sakuya's arm, you can see that area dosen't look right. "If you can pull the part connected to her hand foward, and then move it into place so it's lined up with the rest of her arm, Undonge can then apply the bamboo; and the dollmaker can wrap the arm so everything is held in place. I will guide you and hold the arm up s you and the dollmaker can get under it."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 13, 2019, 09:07:29 pm
// I assume Rumia can't be grossed by anything, shes eaten people for all we know

> Pull Sakuya's arm outward in the direction Eirin points, start by applying only a small amount of force and start increasing it until we can move her arm
> Once the bone starts moving pull it outward then move it sideways until its aligned, once its aligned wait for Undonge and Alice's dolls to finish before gradually releasing force
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 13, 2019, 09:31:10 pm
//Will be at work until 10 pm MDT


>Make sure we don't pull hard enough to rip her arm off
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 13, 2019, 09:51:52 pm
// I assume Rumia can't be grossed by anything, shes eaten people for all we know

> Pull Sakuya's arm outward in the direction Eirin points, start by applying only a small amount of force and start increasing it until we can move her arm
> Once the bone starts moving pull it outward then move it sideways until its aligned, once its aligned wait for Undonge and Alice's dolls to finish before gradually releasing force

//Will be at work until 10 pm MDT


>Make sure we don't pull hard enough to rip her arm off

> You pull Sakuya's arm foward, by the hand, with enough force to actually pull the bone forward, but not to rip off her arm or wrist. You need to put in a decent amount of effort as Sakuya's muscles and skin naturally resist this. Eirin tell you when to stop.

> You then; carefully, move it sideways, pushing it as Eirin guides you. When she tells you to stop; the arm looks sore, but it actually looks like an arm, not a twisted thing.

> The rabbit places a bamboo on each side of Sakuya's arm, and the dolls quickly wrap it up tightly to hold the bamboo in place. Then, Eirin applies more cloth around Sakuya's arm and shoulder; so her shoulder is holding her arm.

> Finally Undonge gives Eirin some sort of spray, which she applies to the cloth around Sakuya's arm, soaking into it.

> "Right; that's about all we can do for now; her body needs some time to rest and heal." the doctor says. "I would quite like you all to join me for some tea, I have some questions for you all, and perhaps you have some for me."

> "Master is a genius, after all." Undonge says proudly.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 13, 2019, 10:13:18 pm
> "Sure, come to think of it we haven't really had a moment to rest since this all started..."
> Follow Eirin
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 15, 2019, 03:23:07 am
> "It's a magical poultice." the rabbit explains as Eirin moves onto the next wound with the thread. "It greatly accelerates natural recovery. It's basically like food for the cells and makes them speed up healing. It also contains some stem cells that can adapt and replace anything that needs that."

> You can see the wound that was filled with the goo closing up slowly, as if it is regenerating. It's not fast like Elis' healing was, but you can still see it progessing.

> " Oooh !Is that the same magical poultice you kept treating Akyuu with when she was out and about that Search&Brawl&... Tourney  :D ( "Akyuu Quest " by Fighest )

// This recommendation could be a bit hasty or useless , but better safe than sorry and better focused than sidetracked . //

> " Thanks .... Ah! it is best to remember this,that we should have someone go tell the whereabouts of Miss Sakuya and the good news about her being in good care to the Scarlet Devil Mansion . "

> " Especially to Miss Remilia since both her and Miss Sakuya,who was very intent in helping her,were struck hard as well and yet miss Sakuya not only pulled through in seeking out that very same Makai Invader, helping me,we helped each other,and my friends,including Alice, out of a pickle with her. "

// It would be best be prudent and reveal only the bare necessary, a need for particular explaination arise  and even then  every character is free to complement ,referring to Elis,her being a GreaterMakai Vampire,Alice&Grimoire,her connections with Makai&Shinki until the characters involved give some form of approval or the info is necessary to get an important help/clue..Certainly it is clear we should be more open about Rumia's&Group  interactions with Makai but at the same time we should still be  vague about Shinki to respect her wish to be known little by little until the right time or an emergency.//
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 15, 2019, 03:39:22 pm
// Were staying for tea don't leave now
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 15, 2019, 03:50:15 pm
//I don't think any of branneg's commands involved leaving.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 15, 2019, 05:45:44 pm
> "Sure, come to think of it we haven't really had a moment to rest since this all started..."
> Follow Eirin

> You follow Eirin, passing into the corridor where everyone else is waiting. Eirin mentions for them to follow too.

> " Oooh !Is that the same magical poultice you kept treating Akyuu with when she was out and about that Search&Brawl&... Tourney  :D ( "Akyuu Quest " by Fighest )

// This recommendation could be a bit hasty or useless , but better safe than sorry and better focused than sidetracked . //

> " Thanks .... Ah! it is best to remember this,that we should have someone go tell the whereabouts of Miss Sakuya and the good news about her being in good care to the Scarlet Devil Mansion . "

> " Especially to Miss Remilia since both her and Miss Sakuya,who was very intent in helping her,were struck hard as well and yet miss Sakuya not only pulled through in seeking out that very same Makai Invader, helping me,we helped each other,and my friends,including Alice, out of a pickle with her. "

// It would be best be prudent and reveal only the bare necessary, a need for particular explaination arise  and even then  every character is free to complement ,referring to Elis,her being a GreaterMakai Vampire,Alice&Grimoire,her connections with Makai&Shinki until the characters involved give some form of approval or the info is necessary to get an important help/clue..Certainly it is clear we should be more open about Rumia's&Group  interactions with Makai but at the same time we should still be  vague about Shinki to respect her wish to be known little by little until the right time or an emergency.//

> "Undonge, if you could ask a messenger rabbit to deliver a message to the Scarlet Mansion?" Eirin asks.

> The rabbit nods and walks off towards the outside of the building.

> Eirin leads you into another room, larger than the one you were just in. There appears to be someone else here already.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2253/6d12d0a3395f70bcb102ae9388dd058ffe4d69b1.jpg?2347163)

> "Princess, I hope you do not mind the presence of guests. They brought someone for medical attention and were attacked. I invited them to have a rest." Eirin says.

> The princess thinks for a moment, and then simply says "I do not see them being of any inconvenience to me."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on April 15, 2019, 06:51:35 pm
>Bow
>"I didn't expect to meet a princess!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 15, 2019, 08:03:58 pm
// DeLurk Mayina
> Introduce our group and ourselves to her
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 15, 2019, 09:24:18 pm
[Side note about earlier: Sakuya's blood smelt of Steel because Steel > Iron, and Lunarians think themselves superior.]

>Bow
>"I didn't expect to meet a princess!"

> The princess; hearing this, does that typical noble thing with her wrist, in her sleeve; over her mouth, as if to hide her smile.

> "Princess of the Moon, Kaguya Houraisan." she says.  "Welcome to Eientei; the House of Eternity."

// DeLurk Mayina
> Introduce our group and ourselves to her

> You introduce everyone one by one, and when you introduce Mayina as a 'daemon' this seems to cause the Princess to raise an eyebrow.

> "Eirin, didn't you say that the current incident involves daemons? Why have you invited one into my home?" she doesn't sound angry or like she's challenging Eirin, more... intrigued.

> "Oh my, it's unlike you to get that intrigued about something." Eirin says. "I thought it might interest you."

> "It's not every day that someone in my situation sees something new." Kaguya responds.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 15, 2019, 09:33:31 pm
>"It's nice to meet you, your highness."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 15, 2019, 09:54:41 pm
> Address any fears they have by explaining he's with us:
> "He's with us and no longer part of the incident.  In fact he's Gensokyo's newest resident"

> "I'm sure you all have questions about this incident, so  shall we begin?"

> "Though first we'd like to know if you've been involved at all up to this point and if so on who's side"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 15, 2019, 10:06:54 pm
> If Mayina interrupts at all when anyone else is talking give him our Youkai Red Eye Death Glare.  He should only talk when addressed to
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 15, 2019, 10:12:52 pm
>"It's nice to meet you, your highness."

> Kaguya looks at you and nods.

> Address any fears they have by explaining he's with us:
> "He's with us and no longer part of the incident.  In fact he's Gensokyo's newest resident"

> "I'm sure you all have questions about this incident, so  shall we begin?"

> "Though first we'd like to know if you've been involved at all up to this point and if so on who's side"

> "A deamon living in Gensokyo; interesting." Eirin states. "If any health problems occur, be sure to direct him to me."

> "I would quite like to know more about what is occuring." Kaguya says. "The Bamboo Forest protects us from being directly effected, but during incidents like these, I tend to lose my main form of entertainment."

> Kaguya chuckles. "I implied I haven't seen any daemons before, did I not? How could I be involved? Eirin?"

> "I've only prepared to treat any wounded brought here, such as Miss Izayoi." Eirin states.

> "Oh? That Vampire's maid was injured? Things must be rather serious then." Kaguya states, before she looks over to you. "You brought the maid here I assume, what occured to put her in such a bad state? I was under the impression she was a competent fighter at least. It's difficult for me to truly judge given my defeat in combat is impossible."

> If Mayina interrupts at all when anyone else is talking give him our Youkai Red Eye Death Glare.  He should only talk when addressed to

> The daemon dosen't talk. He's shying away in the darkest corner of the room he can find.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 15, 2019, 10:18:46 pm
>"It was a powerful vampire from Makai with a star shaped mark on her cheek. Be careful if you see her, she's definitely still out there. If it wasn't for the sunrise driving her away, I don't know what would've happened to all of us."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 15, 2019, 10:36:33 pm
> "In fact we wanted to talk about that, since the sunlight is the only thing we know that can hurt her.  We all remember the incident a few years ago where the night was frozen so we were wondering if they day could also be frozen.  She is very dangerous to Gensokyo as she refuses to use the spell card rules"
> "The incident started when phantom figures started appearing and attacking people and we as Youkai decided to take initiative and start investigating on our own.  We've been able to trace the culprits back to Makai after being attacked by Mayina.  However it is important to note that not all of Makai is at fault, since he was hired by a small heretic faction within Makai"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 15, 2019, 10:53:06 pm
> "The incident started when phantom figures started appearing and attacking people and we as Youkai decided to take initiative and start investigating on our own.  We've been able to trace the culprits back to Makai after being attacked by Mayina.  However it is important to note that not all of Makai is at fault, since he was hired by a small heretic faction within Makai"
>"Oh, and no need to worry about him. His contract with his previous master has been voided, so he's no longer against us in that respect."

>Only parse if another player approves of this wording.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 15, 2019, 10:58:39 pm
> Approved
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 16, 2019, 07:29:11 pm
>"It was a powerful vampire from Makai with a star shaped mark on her cheek. Be careful if you see her, she's definitely still out there. If it wasn't for the sunrise driving her away, I don't know what would've happened to all of us."

> "Lady Kaguya won't need to be careful around her, of that I can assure you." Eirin states. "However, I shall inform the rabbits to flee if they meet anyone of that description."

> "Asking someone to defeat me is a true Impossible Request." Kaguya says happily.

> "In fact we wanted to talk about that, since the sunlight is the only thing we know that can hurt her.  We all remember the incident a few years ago where the night was frozen so we were wondering if they day could also be frozen.  She is very dangerous to Gensokyo as she refuses to use the spell card rules"
> "The incident started when phantom figures started appearing and attacking people and we as Youkai decided to take initiative and start investigating on our own.  We've been able to trace the culprits back to Makai after being attacked by Mayina.  However it is important to note that not all of Makai is at fault, since he was hired by a small heretic faction within Makai"

> "If you manage to force her into a river or other body of flowering water, that should work as well, provided she follows the same rules of Gensokyo's Vampires." Eirin comments.

> Kaguya chuckles. "The incident of Imperishable Night. I suppose you could say we were both the indirect cause and the direct resolution of that incident. I suppose most people do not know the true nature of that incident, do they?"

> "The true culprit of the Imperishable Night incident was Yukari Yakumo." Eirin adds. "However, the incident was created due to a different incident. One somewhat similar to a recent one, in fact. The Lunarians had discovered our hiding place due to us taking in Undonge, and wanted to take Lady Kaguya back to the Moon, having absolved her of her crimes."

> "We did not wish that to occur, especially as the Lunarians are not friendly to earthlings. So Eirin wove a wonderful magic with my aid, and we essentially created a barrier between Earth and the Moon; and placed a fake."

> "Alas, this was noticed and the spell of Imperishable Night was cast as a precaution." Eirin explains "The denizens not knowing what the fake moon meant, and us not knowing how powerful the Hakurei Barrier was. Several groups descended on Eientei, and while Lady Kaguya managed to use her ability to shatter the spell of Imperishable Night, but she was drained of most of her energy so admitted defeat, and the misunderstandings on both sides cleared up. Yes, it was the Hakurei Maiden  with Miss Yakumo; young Kirisame with the Puppeteer here; Miss Izayoi and her Mistress, and a Ghost-and-a-half."

> "Then I went and asked them to do a task for me." Kaguya says, chuckling again and saying quietly "She was so mad when she found out..."

>  Mystia looks annoyed. "A Ghost and a Half? Wait, so that was your fault!"

> "Mysti... it wasn't their fault, the Imperishable Night was done by that Yakumo person..." Wriggle says, calming the bird down. "Besides; I got beat up too that night."

> "Oh my, we caused you trouble on that night? I offer my apologies." Kaguya says.

> "In fact we wanted to talk about that, since the sunlight is the only thing we know that can hurt her.  We all remember the incident a few years ago where the night was frozen so we were wondering if they day could also be frozen.  She is very dangerous to Gensokyo as she refuses to use the spell card rules"
> "The incident started when phantom figures started appearing and attacking people and we as Youkai decided to take initiative and start investigating on our own.  We've been able to trace the culprits back to Makai after being attacked by Mayina.  However it is important to note that not all of Makai is at fault, since he was hired by a small heretic faction within Makai"

>"Oh, and no need to worry about him. His contract with his previous master has been voided, so he's no longer against us in that respect."

>Only parse if another player approves of this wording.

> Kaguya actually moves her sleeve from her mouth, and looks legitimately interested.

> "I've never been to or heard of Makai. What's it like? Perhaps I should visit sometime myself."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 16, 2019, 07:44:22 pm
>"Full of magic and miasma. The miasma's actually so toxic that I needed to wear some kind of magic bubble helmet."

>Wait for approval.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 16, 2019, 09:51:24 pm
> Approved
> "I'm hoping that after we resolve this incident the restrictions on traveling between Makai and Gensokyo could be relaxed.  So if we succeed perhaps you too can visit.  I'm sure lady Eirin would find a lot of things to study or experiment with that can't be found in any other world"
> "This will be of more use to your research than to me"
> Give Eirin our fake mana crystal
> "Perhaps you can learn more about how to treat daemon ailments from it?  I trust you'll use your research to do good to all"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 16, 2019, 10:04:41 pm
> Give Eirin our fake mana crystal
>This is the modified pentle, not the untouched pentle, correct?
>Otherwise don't do this or related actions.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 17, 2019, 05:50:17 pm
>"Full of magic and miasma. The miasma's actually so toxic that I needed to wear some kind of magic bubble helmet."

>Wait for approval.

> "Toxic? Perhaps I should encourage her to go so she keeps dying constantly for a laugh." Kaguya says.

> "I doubt Mokou would listen to a word you say; Princess." Eirin responds.

> Approved
> "I'm hoping that after we resolve this incident the restrictions on traveling between Makai and Gensokyo could be relaxed.  So if we succeed perhaps you too can visit.  I'm sure lady Eirin would find a lot of things to study or experiment with that can't be found in any other world"
> "This will be of more use to your research than to me"
> Give Eirin our fake mana crystal
> "Perhaps you can learn more about how to treat daemon ailments from it?  I trust you'll use your research to do good to all"

>This is the modified pentle, not the untouched pentle, correct?
>Otherwise don't do this or related actions.

> You only have the crushed and tampered Pentle, you don't have a regular one.

> "Perhaps; but if this realm was sealed off from Gensokyo; and the Maisma from it is toxic, it is quite likely it will remain sealed, if only for that toxic air." Eirin says.

> Eirin takes the crushed fruit and looks at it curiously. "How intriguing, it seems to be largely made up of absorbed magical energy rather than minerals."

> Two rabbits enter, carrying trays with tea on, and place them on the tables before leaving. You can immediately tell from the smell it's Green Tea.

> Most people begin drinking it normally. Except Cirno; who freezes the tea. She can't stand hot drinks. Mayina is also just looking at the drink suspiciously.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 17, 2019, 05:54:30 pm
>"Relax, Mayina. It's just tea."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 17, 2019, 09:05:01 pm
> If our tea isn't too hot drink some to show Mayina it's safe

> "The toxic air doesn't leak out of portals, so there is no need to worry.  Besides the miasma is useful if you manage to learn how to use it"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 17, 2019, 09:45:34 pm
>"Relax, Mayina. It's just tea."

> For the first time in Kaguya's presence, the deamon speaks.

> "And that is?"

> If our tea isn't too hot drink some to show Mayina it's safe

> "The toxic air doesn't leak out of portals, so there is no need to worry.  Besides the miasma is useful if you manage to learn how to use it"

> "Just because it is fine for beings from your world dosen't mean it's safe for me." he states. "I'm not the same species, or even from the same dimension."

> "Yeah but there's Eirin right there. She's a medic." Daiyousei says, surprising Cirno when she speaks up, who would have split her tea, if it were not frozen.

> Eirin looks unconvinced.

> "So how did a regular group of youkai wind up finding so much about this incident anyway?" Eirin asks. "And getting a Makaian on your side at that?"

> "They seem to have an affinity for being in the wrong place at the wrong time for us. Especially the one in black." Mayina says grumpily, before taking a sip of the tea and spitting it out.

> "Is this stuff made out of leaves?!" he says. "Who drinks leaves?!"

> Kaguya looks heavily amused by this.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 17, 2019, 09:49:02 pm
> "The toxic air doesn't leak out of portals, so there is no need to worry.  Besides the miasma is useful if you manage to learn how to use it"
>Don't say this because we know it leaks from what we saw with Mayina portal.

//Dammit ninja' d

>Can We retroactively do  this since the post literally just happened?
>Assuming both parser and Tom are okay with it of course
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 17, 2019, 09:50:29 pm
//Edit
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 17, 2019, 09:56:47 pm
// It doesn't leak from the main portal so don't correct it

> "Maybe you have something to sweeten the tea for him?"

> "Well we want to prove that Youkai too can solve incidents and maybe even in a better way than just beating everyone up like the current incident investigators"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 17, 2019, 09:59:40 pm
// It doesn't leak from the main portal so don't correct it

> "Maybe you have something to sweeten the tea for him?"

> "Well we want to prove that Youkai too can solve incidents and don't just cause them"
>Not yet.

//are you sure?

>if so could we just retroactively change it so what we were specifically referring to the main portal instead of any portal? (Again, provided both of you are fine with that)

//unrelated but Internet is absolute trash where I am right now.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 17, 2019, 10:01:30 pm
//Edit
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 17, 2019, 10:10:08 pm
>Don't say this because we know it leaks from what we saw with Mayina portal.

//Dammit ninja' d

>Can We retroactively do  this since the post literally just happened?
>Assuming both parser and Tom are okay with it of course

> You say 'the portal' instead of 'portals' instead.

[The site in general is being slow; inserting quotes is taking like 10 seconds]

// It doesn't leak from the main portal so don't correct it

> "Maybe you have something to sweeten the tea for him?"

> "Well we want to prove that Youkai too can solve incidents and maybe even in a better way than just beating everyone up like the current incident investigators"


> "That dosen't change the fact I am drinking foliage." the male snarls.

> "Undonge helped solve an incident recently." Eirin states.

> "So did I!" Cirno yells excitedly. "And that crow lady!"

> "Sure you helped solve an incident Cirno." Wriggle says.

> "It's true! I solved it because of the powers my tan gave me!"

> No-one seems to believe Cirno.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 17, 2019, 10:58:57 pm
> "I'm sure you played your part"

> "Try it Mayina, perhaps the more you have the more you'll like it"

> "Come on if you finish it I'll make sure to find you my favorite food later"
> Realize what we said and what everyone associates with us
> Smile and say "Steaks I mean"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 18, 2019, 04:30:45 pm
> "I'm sure you played your part"

> "Try it Mayina, perhaps the more you have the more you'll like it"

> "Come on if you finish it I'll make sure to find you my favorite food later"
> Realize what we said and what everyone associates with us
> Smile and say "Steaks I mean"

> "I beat everyone!" Cirno protests. "Even that Okina weirdo. Twice!"

> "Excuse me while I express my complete thrill at that prospect." the daemon says.

> "That... dosen't clear things up at all Rumia." Wriggle says.

> Eirin speaks up at this point.

> "Why are you wearing a seal anyway?" Eirin muses, before she continues, "It's fairly obvious to me that it's a powerful one. If it was something you willingly used to limit your power or something, you would have removed it against the Vampire if she was dangerous as it seemed. So that must mean it's involuntary and you can't remove it. But why are you sealed then? Interesting..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 18, 2019, 06:10:57 pm
>"Honestly, that's what I want to know. I was told this seal was 'remarkably cruel' and that it has many layers. A kind goddess was able to remove a small part of it, but I want to figure out why I was sealed before I let her tamper with it some more."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 18, 2019, 07:00:04 pm
// We trust them but we should still be discreet concerning Shinki's involvement in affairs as far as everyone else is concerned she hasn't been seen for a long time and doesn't take action on almost anything
> Leave out the part of Shinki having removed a part of it.  Instead say "I want to figure out why it's there before I consider removing it"

> Add "Perhaps you could take a look at it?  I don't remember how I got it so whatever happened seems to have affected my mind"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 18, 2019, 07:07:40 pm
> Add "Perhaps you could take a look at it?"
>Let's not. We trust them, but we shouldn't let them tamper with it willy-nilly...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 18, 2019, 07:11:35 pm
// We said look, a diagnosis is what we want.  Treatment is decided after the diagnosis of the problem.  We wont ever find out anything about our seal if we dont ask and Eirin is probably the smartest in Gensokyo.  Besides Eirin shall do no harm

> Change to "Perhaps you could take a look at it?  A medical or scientific opinion of it would be nice.  I don't remember how I got it so whatever happened seems to have affected my mind"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 18, 2019, 08:25:59 pm
>"Honestly, that's what I want to know. I was told this seal was 'remarkably cruel' and that it has many layers. A kind goddess was able to remove a small part of it, but I want to figure out why I was sealed before I let her tamper with it some more."

// We trust them but we should still be discreet concerning Shinki's involvement in affairs as far as everyone else is concerned she hasn't been seen for a long time and doesn't take action on almost anything
> Leave out the part of Shinki having removed a part of it.  Instead say "I want to figure out why it's there before I consider removing it"

> Add "Perhaps you could take a look at it?  I don't remember how I got it so whatever happened seems to have affected my mind"

> "Fascinating. Any such puzzle is something that I must admit; gets me enthused to solve it." Eirin says.

>Let's not. We trust them, but we shouldn't let them tamper with it willy-nilly...

// We said look, a diagnosis is what we want.  Treatment is decided after the diagnosis of the problem.  We wont ever find out anything about our seal if we dont ask and Eirin is probably the smartest in Gensokyo.  Besides Eirin shall do no harm

> Change to "Perhaps you could take a look at it?  A medical or scientific opinion of it would be nice.  I don't remember how I got it so whatever happened seems to have affected my mind"

> The offer of a medical or scientific option causes Eirin's eyes to light up; and she quickly finishes her tea and walks over to you, looking at the seal and moving the hair blocking the view out of the way. She also notes she seems unable to touch the ribbon. She then leaves the room for a few moments; and returns with a small box of various equipment.

> "Would you mind me running a few tests to help figure out about it? Very simple things. From what I can tell the seal is integrated into your body in some form, I could spot strands of it merged with the hair it was wrapped around."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 18, 2019, 08:29:33 pm
//at work until 10 and I would rather not miss this part. Would you guys mind waiting for me? I'll try to post on breaks so you're not waiting forever.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 18, 2019, 08:37:18 pm
> "Sure as long as you don't try removing it since it's integrated into my body and removing it improperly or too fast will harm me"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 18, 2019, 10:19:33 pm
//on break for 15 minutes.

>"These tests won't cause any chain reactions that would cause the seal to fail, right? As I said I would rather find out why it's there before I consider having it removed..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 20, 2019, 04:01:25 pm
[Had no internet last night; and it's being intermittent at best today. Given it's a bank holiday weekend to boot; don't expect much til Monday depending on internet status]

> "Sure as long as you don't try removing it since it's integrated into my body and removing it improperly or too fast will harm me"

//on break for 15 minutes.

>"These tests won't cause any chain reactions that would cause the seal to fail, right? As I said I would rather find out why it's there before I consider having it removed..."

> "The tests aren't to remove it; they're for knowledge." Eirin says, as she pulls a small syringe from the box. "I'll need a blood sample first."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 20, 2019, 06:09:38 pm
> Then let's proceed

> We haven't ever had blood samples drawn right?
> If so ask how it's done and follow her instructions
Title: HAPPY HOLIEST EASTER! Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 20, 2019, 11:00:49 pm
// If this could result in imprudence please remove parts as seem fit,thanks (Happy Holiest EASTER !   ;)  :) ) //

> Add : " Oh-oh,Another interesting fact to help up this study  : after confirming it a sealing amulet,it has been found out to not be weaved in one piece as seeming but it is in fact made up of countless different layers seamlessly intertwined with each other eventually needing an ultra-precise unsealing one by one ! "

> " Truly a fancy and stubborn little thing,uh ! "
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 21, 2019, 01:14:56 am
> Add "Its likely the most complicated seal in existence"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 22, 2019, 11:56:38 am
> Then let's proceed

> We haven't ever had blood samples drawn right?
> If so ask how it's done and follow her instructions

> No

> Eirin explains she will draw some blood from a vein, and tells you to hold your arm out flat.

// If this could result in imprudence please remove parts as seem fit,thanks (Happy Holiest EASTER !   ;)  :) ) //

> Add : " Oh-oh,Another interesting fact to help up this study  : after confirming it a sealing amulet,it has been found out to not be weaved in one piece as seeming but it is in fact made up of countless different layers seamlessly intertwined with each other eventually needing an ultra-precise unsealing one by one ! "

> " Truly a fancy and stubborn little thing,uh ! "

> Add "Its likely the most complicated seal in existence"

> "Seals are not my area of expertise, but perhaps we can find out something regarding it." Eirin remarks.

> The woman pricks into your arm with the syringe, and draws a small amount of blood into it. It stings a little.

> She then empties this into a glass tube filled with some sort of clear liquid. At first, the blood just behaves normally, then suddenly, it starts to  turn black and smoky.

> "Fascinating, separated from the seal itself, the seal can be broken down, and it seems it undoes the effects of the seal upon the extracted blood." Eirin says, looking at the wispy black strands. "It almost looks like it's changed into a gas rather than a liquid..."

> She holds it up into the light, and the darkness vanishes.

> Eirin smirks. "Youkai of Darkness indeed. I'd go so far as to say, at least in terms of your blood, you are darkness."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 22, 2019, 01:07:10 pm
> "Interesting, if you move it away from the light does the liquid darkness come back?"

> "Does my darkness rather absorb light or emit darkness?"

> "So you're saying that I'm the embodiment of darkness?"

> "Have you seen similar effects in other Youkai before?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 22, 2019, 05:47:37 pm
> "Interesting, if you move it away from the light does the liquid darkness come back?"

> "Does my darkness rather absorb light or emit darkness?"

> "So you're saying that I'm the embodiment of darkness?"

> "Have you seen similar effects in other Youkai before?"

> Eirin moves it away from the direct light; and nothing happens.

> "Darkness is a lack of light. The color black is just a material which absorbs any light that hits it. It's best to say both, really. You emit something that absorbs light. Creating darkness and absorbing light are the same thing."

> "I'm saying the term 'Darkness Youkai' is as literal as 'Firefly Youkai' or 'Night-Sparrow Youkai'." Eirin remarks; indicating to Wriggle and Mystia. "Although I've never seen a youkai made of something intangible. Of course; it could just be you, for lack of a better term, have darkness as your blood, what fuels you. It's a little hard to tell from a single sample that vaporized."

> At this point Mayina makes a grunt, before he speaks. "Sounds kinda like something Makai Mages are pretty fond of creating. Elementals. Except I've never seen or heard of one created from Darkness. It's usually Fire, Ice, Water, Air, Earth and so on. They're also usually mindless golems."

> "Why don't you take a bigger sample?" Kaguya asks. "See what happens when more is separated from the seal."

> Eirin looks at Kaguya, slightly surprised. "Princess, I do not just go around asking people to..."

> "I can stop her feeling any ill effects with my powers, and we both know you have enough medical experience to re-attach a finger or something. You said it's hard to come to a conclusion just by looking at blood alone, so why not flesh and bone?"

> Eirin sighs. "The Princess' immortality has made her rather...uncaring about the risks involved in such an action. I apologize for her rudeness."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 22, 2019, 05:54:32 pm
>"It's fine. Though I'd rather keep my limbs attached to me if possible."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 22, 2019, 06:10:11 pm
> Look at Mayina "Is an Elemental out of darkness beyond mage's capabilities?  Can it be that darkness isn't an element but rather an absence of all elements?"

> "But then again I'm Youkai so things most likely are different considering not much is known about how Youkai come to be"

> "Would my blood be harmful or lethal if it were inside someone else?"

> "Eirin you can have some more if you have more tests to run.  Maybe you can find a way to replicate or grow the blood so you have more to work with"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 22, 2019, 07:00:54 pm
>"It's fine. Though I'd rather keep my limbs attached to me if possible."

> "I'm sure only a finger would suffice. Perhaps half!" Kaguya says cheerfully.

> Look at Mayina "Is an Elemental out of darkness beyond mage's capabilities?  Can it be that darkness isn't an element but rather an absence of all elements?"

> "But then again I'm Youkai so things most likely are different considering not much is known about how Youkai come to be"

> "Would my blood be harmful or lethal if it were inside someone else?"

> "Eirin you can have some more if you have more tests to run.  Maybe you can find a way to replicate or grow the blood so you have more to work with"

> "Darkness is not an element. Darkness... is darkness." he says flatly. "It's also something Makai actually dosen't have much of. The Maisma itself illuminates most places in it's dull red. Complete darkness dosen't truly exist in Makai. Even places like Hokkai, the prison of Makai, are illuminated by the ambient magic."

> "Well; most youkai come from things that have lived beyond their time. That umbrella, for example, was probobly a lifeless umbrella far longer than most would have survived. The insect and bird lived longer. The rabbits of the Bamboo Forest. Even Human Magicians have usually exceeded their natural lifespans in some form." Eirin says. "I'd be willing to wager the origin of groups such as the Tengu was a long-lived Crow or Wolf. But darkness doesn't really age, does it?"

> "A transfusion of the wrong blood into someone else is highly harmful; it's why I told you to get specific vials when I was treating Miss Izayoi." Eirin replies. "It would be harmful if I were to perform a transfusion between the Sparrow and the Firefly."

> "Taking too much at once can be dangerous, besides, I would need to set up special conditions to test without exposing it to light once the seal wears off." Eirin remarks.

> Kaguya smiles slyly. "Eirin, you stated darkness dosen't age, correct?"

> "Yes Princess... wait... you're not thinking... that's too reckless." Eirin says with increasing duress.

> "If darkness dosen't age, I may be able to test if the magic of the seal does age. See which lasts longer." Kaguya muses.

> "Absolutely not! We haven't confirmed at all yet if that's a safe course of action." Eirin replies; her voice actually raised somewhat, as if she is scolding Kaguya.

> Kaguya slinks down a little, and remarks "Sorry, I thought it would be helpful..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 22, 2019, 07:09:27 pm
>"Yeah, and I still don't know why this was put on me in the first place..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 22, 2019, 07:29:17 pm
> "Wait if darkness doesn't age does that mean I'll live a really long time even for a Youkai?"

> Look at Mayina "Isn't there darkness in everything though?  Like inside the floor where the light fails to penetrate?  Or inside any object for that matter"  // The Rumia theory of relativity

> "Would my blood be more harmful than someone else's though?  Like could it kill a vampire if they fed on me?  Or someone else if they ingested it"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 22, 2019, 07:47:26 pm
> "Wait if darkness doesn't age does that mean I'll live a really long time even for a Youkai?"

> Look at Mayina "Isn't there darkness in everything though?  Like inside the floor where the light fails to penetrate?  Or inside any object for that matter"  // The Rumia theory of relativity

> "Would my blood be more harmful than someone else's though?  Like could it kill a vampire if they fed on me?  Or someone else if they ingested it"

> "It depends if it's simply a case of you having darkness for blood or if you are darkness." Eirin states.

> Mayina looks annoyed. "That's not a place someone can go; inside a floor tile."

> "I wouldn't know. It... probobly isn't, if it's really just darkness. I'd need to run tests to see if it's poisonous or something. But one thing I severely doubt is that darkness could harm a Vampire." Eirin says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 22, 2019, 08:15:16 pm
> Look at Mayina and Eirin "We can't go inside a floor tile and neither can light, so it *has* to be dark inside"

> "Another thing I wanted to ask about is how does my night vision see through the pitch black darkness I create?  Like Mayina was encased in ice a while ago and when I made it pitch black around me the ice became near transparent and everything else turned to different shades of purple"

> "I'm also trying to find out if it's different from the night vision of other Youkai considering I'm more related to darkness and night"

> Make it pitch black around us and describe what we see, noting things that become invisible and especially previously invisible things that become visible
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 22, 2019, 08:41:52 pm
> Look at Mayina and Eirin "We can't go inside a floor tile and neither can light, so it *has* to be dark inside"

> "Another thing I wanted to ask about is how does my night vision see through the pitch black darkness I create?  Like Mayina was encased in ice a while ago and when I made it pitch black around me the ice became near transparent and everything else turned to different shades of purple"

> "I'm also trying to find out if it's different from the night vision of other Youkai considering I'm more related to darkness and night"

> Make it pitch black around us and describe what we see, noting things that become invisible and especially previously invisible things that become visible

> "And the instant you break it open to see, it's illuminated. So it dosen't matter."

> "It sounds like you can see in Ultraviolet. Like several birds can. It's quite complex to explain." Eirin says. "But basically there's different ways of seeing things. Ultraviolet is quite influenced by the amount of heat something is giving off; or how much energy it has. That's why it's hard to see cold things."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 22, 2019, 09:00:25 pm
> "Does that mean a warm blooded creature like a human would be extra visible in the night for bird Youkai?"

> "Are there any things that are only visible in Ultraviolet?"

> "That explains why you were the best of all of us at hunting, Mystia"

> In lower voice "And since I can create darkness at any time of the day ..."
> Aha moment once we realize why our night vision combined with our ability to create darkness could have been why our night sight was sealed
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 22, 2019, 09:03:01 pm
// Small edit (Asking about things that can only be seen in UV)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 22, 2019, 09:05:28 pm
> "Does that mean a warm blooded creature like a human would be extra visible in the night for bird Youkai?"

> "Are there any things that are only visible in Ultraviolet?"

> "That explains why you were the best of all of us at hunting, Mystia"

> In lower voice "And since I can create darkness at any time of the day ..."
> Aha moment once we realize why our night vision combined with our ability to create darkness could have been why our night sight was sealed

> "Yes; they are warmer than their surroundings, and would stand out." Eirin says.

> "There are, but they are not really things you would find in Gensokyo."

> "Well of course." the sparrow says; puffing up in pride. "Why do you think it's a bird's eye view?"

> You realise the implications for humans if you could engulf them in darkness, even during the day, and yet still see.  Perhaps whoever sealed your powers did so to protect the humans.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 22, 2019, 09:20:30 pm
> Were we that bad that someone had to seal us?  No other Youkai we know was sealed and they all hunted too...
> Feel a little uncomfortable thinking about what we could possibly have done to be sealed with one of the most complex seals that exists...

> "Do you think it's possible to make a laser that's ultraviolet?  I can already create certain kinds of unique lasers like a darkness laser"
> Demonstrate by forming a harmless darkness laser between our two hands

// Are you sure you don't have IR and UV mixed up?  Since hot things emit more IR than UV, and the "things not found in Gensokyo" I assume Eirin means things like TV remote controls and Wiimotes which emit IR beams to exchange data and track position.  Whereas blood and other body fluids can be seen in UV, which surely exist in Gensokyo.  Also all mass emits IR as long as its above absolute zero so it makes sense to be able to see in pitch black darkness with IR since just by existing things emit IR
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 22, 2019, 09:42:38 pm
> Were we that bad that someone had to seal us?  No other Youkai we know was sealed and they all hunted too...
> Feel a little uncomfortable thinking about what we could possibly have done to be sealed with one of the most complex seals that exists...

> "Do you think it's possible to make a laser that's ultraviolet?  I can already create certain kinds of unique lasers like a darkness laser"
> Demonstrate by forming a harmless darkness laser between our two hands

// Are you sure you don't have IR and UV mixed up?  Since hot things emit more IR than UV, and the "things not found in Gensokyo" I assume Eirin means things like TV remote controls and Wiimotes which emit IR beams to exchange data and track position.  Whereas blood and other body fluids can be seen in UV, which surely exist in Gensokyo.  Also all mass emits IR as long as its above absolute zero so it makes sense to be able to see in pitch black darkness with IR since just by existing things emit IR

// UV has a shorter wavelength and thus more energy. Heat is a form of energy. The sun for example chucks UV out like mad. IR is *better* however for seeing low-energy stuff, hence why stuff like ice is invisible. That said; I don't have UV or IR vision myself; so I'm taking liberties.

> "It would require a lot of energy to do that." Eirin says. "Also such a thing would probobly be against the spellcard rules since most can't see it."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 22, 2019, 09:50:42 pm
// Alright, something interesting you can do is use your phone's camera to see bright IR, point a TV remote to your phone's camera and see what you see when you press the power button

> "Well anythings allowed when your opponent isn't following the spell card rules either, so invisible lasers would be a great for fighting and getting a tan"

> "Thank you for helping, I haven't been able to figure out much about my seal on my own"
> "Is there anything else I can do to help you find out more about it?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 22, 2019, 10:03:43 pm
> Look at Mayina and Eirin "We can't go inside a floor tile and neither can light, so it *has* to be dark inside"

> "Another thing I wanted to ask about is how does my night vision see through the pitch black darkness I create?  Like Mayina was encased in ice a while ago and when I made it pitch black around me the ice became near transparent and everything else turned to different

> Make it pitch black around us and describe what we see, noting things that become invisible and especially previously invisible things that become visible
// " Demarcation from(Various Sprectrums of)Light to (Refractions with)Darkness !  "//

> Before or at the same time of Tom's

>" True,I shall only use it for real troubles if I can manage,and by all this I am now considering   a shadowy,darkness or demarcation laser ...if it is more possible ?

> Try those three types in a danmaku form in our hands,not firing any and hands away from everyone and also everything fragile.

>After  Special Rumia Lasers are tried and suggestions are neatly over,darken inch by inch,then moderately faster,in addition to very visible,near invisible,note&describe&try focusing on anything else which ,for now,is appearing new or abnormal .

> " Ah-ah, Demarcation from Light&Heat to Shadow&Darkness&Cooler. "

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 23, 2019, 06:09:26 am
// (We already know how to make darkness/demarcation lasers)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 23, 2019, 06:07:01 pm
// Alright, something interesting you can do is use your phone's camera to see bright IR, point a TV remote to your phone's camera and see what you see when you press the power button

> "Well anythings allowed when your opponent isn't following the spell card rules either, so invisible lasers would be a great for fighting and getting a tan"

> "Thank you for helping, I haven't been able to figure out much about my seal on my own"
> "Is there anything else I can do to help you find out more about it?"

> "What good is an invisible laser anyway? They're supposed to be beautiful rays." Kaguya complains.

> "You only just found out it was a seal yesterday..." Kogasa points out.

> "Not without some form of risk. And as a medical practitioner, my first rule is Do No Harm. At least; to patients." Eirin states.

// " Demarcation from(Various Sprectrums of)Light to (Refractions with)Darkness !  "//

> Before or at the same time of Tom's

>" True,I shall only use it for real troubles if I can manage,and by all this I am now considering   a shadowy,darkness or demarcation laser ...if it is more possible ?

> Try those three types in a danmaku form in our hands,not firing any and hands away from everyone and also everything fragile.

>After  Special Rumia Lasers are tried and suggestions are neatly over,darken inch by inch,then moderately faster,in addition to very visible,near invisible,note&describe&try focusing on anything else which ,for now,is appearing new or abnormal .

> " Ah-ah, Demarcation from Light&Heat to Shadow&Darkness&Cooler. "

// (We already know how to make darkness/demarcation lasers)

> You consider firing some attacks to test some ideas, then remember you can already accomplish most of these, and it's probobly not a good idea to start firing off attacks randomly indoors anyway.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 23, 2019, 06:28:11 pm
> "I completely agree, with lasers being my favorite shots but when fighting these daemons and vampires staying alive is all that matters"

> "I understand, I wouldn't want to do something harmful anyways"

> "Do you know any way for me to get stronger before removing the seal?  Like the seal affects my pre-existing power but how can I acquire new strength in order to solve this incident?  Maybe external strength like faith?"

> "Because I'm having a lot of difficulty keeping up with those that attack us"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 25, 2019, 11:08:36 am
> "I completely agree, with lasers being my favorite shots but when fighting these daemons and vampires staying alive is all that matters"

> "I understand, I wouldn't want to do something harmful anyways"

> "Do you know any way for me to get stronger before removing the seal?  Like the seal affects my pre-existing power but how can I acquire new strength in order to solve this incident?  Maybe external strength like faith?"

> "Because I'm having a lot of difficulty keeping up with those that attack us"

> "Isn't there that Elixir you made Eirin?" Kaguya says.

> "That's specifically designed for the biology of Undonge." Eirin replies. "And even then it's unstable."

> Eirin shakes her head. "Judgeing from the fact that your strength is restricted by a seal, and you are a youkai; I can see one recommendation."

> Eirin indicates Wriggle and Mystia. "Those two should know who I am talking about when I say to seek out Yukari Yakumo; the woman who was with Reimu on the Imperishable Night. If there is anyone in Gensokyo who could take action against a seal such as yours, it is her."

> "Yakumo isn't an easy person to find." Alice says. "In fact, unless she wants to meet you, it's basically an..."

> "Impossible Request." Kaguya says cheerfully.

> "You need someone who can guide you to her." Eirin says.

> "Apparently her underling has an underling. A Bakeneko called Chen." Alice states. "A Black Cat Youkai. Even then, she's pretty elusive herself. The best place to look for her would be around Youkai Mountain."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 25, 2019, 08:22:27 pm
> "Are you sure gathering faith won't be of help?"

> "Don't worry we'll find Chen and miss Yakumo"
> "And if not I'm sure we'll run into them eventually considering we're in an incident"

> "If she's really a cat Youkai will the smell of fish cooking lure her out?"

> "Do you think miss Yakumo will also want to help resolve the incident?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 25, 2019, 08:25:24 pm
//Just want to put it out there that I want Shinki to be the one we work with for undoing the seal when the time comes.

>"I'll consider it..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 25, 2019, 08:33:16 pm
// Agreed but we should still pry as much information as we can, she might be able to figure something we don't know or a clue on how we should tell Shinki to remove it.  She'll also be a helpful ally if we can convince her to help with the incident
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 25, 2019, 08:37:35 pm
> "Are you sure gathering faith won't be of help?"

> "Don't worry we'll find Chen and miss Yakumo"
> "And if not I'm sure we'll run into them eventually considering we're in an incident"

> "If she's really a cat Youkai will the smell of fish cooking lure her out?"

> "Do you think miss Yakumo will also want to help resolve the incident?"

> "I'm no expert of matters of faith." Eirin states.

> "I dunno, what about Frozen Fish?" Cirno states.

> "Just don't use me as bait..." Mystia chirps.

> "If Yukari is already acting, she would be aiding Reimu." Eirin states.

> "Yukari and Reimu have some sort of connection, it's almost as if Yukari teaches Reimu in some ways." Alice says. "Ever since they met Reimu's been using more and more border-related magic, which is Yukari's specialty."

//Just want to put it out there that I want Shinki to be the one we work with for undoing the seal when the time comes.

>"I'll consider it..."

> "It was a suggestion, you don't need to follow it; especially as it would likely detract from you investigating the incident."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 25, 2019, 08:45:33 pm
> "Happy to hear Reimu actually has friends"
> "Thanks for the tip, we'll keel an eye out for her but will keep investigating if something important pops up"

> Finish up our tea (if we still have any)
> How's Mayina doing with his tea?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 25, 2019, 08:53:53 pm
//At work till 10 pm

//Have something I want to say. Can't right now. Mind waiting for me? Will try to post on break

//Edit:
>"Close to Reimu, huh? Sounds scary... is this Yakumo person just as scary or scarier?"
>Shudder at the thought of two people like Reimu.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 25, 2019, 08:56:58 pm
// Edit.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 26, 2019, 02:24:44 am
:wikipedia: //Seal Undoing by Possibly  Making a Bettered Adaptable Seal(s),or Safeguards,with Passages ; in terms they should all be quite easy just for the right Makaians,Gensokyans, Crossers,of course with Shinki while be welcoming to further,if Capable/Reliable/Open-Minded, direct,or more likely,indirect help ; along them most important,we knew implicitly,is The Approval and Related(e.g. Allies for That ) ,with a huge side being properly informative/informed/heeding/heeded/assuring/assured,by most of Gensokyo's Top&Grassrots AND,more indirectly, Makai'a with some or greater measure of "neutrality "from the rest //.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on April 26, 2019, 03:43:44 am
> Were we that bad that someone had to seal us?  No other Youkai we know was sealed and they all hunted too...
> Feel a little uncomfortable thinking about what we could possibly have done to be sealed with one of the most complex seals that exists...


> Ponder for a bit and try to remember,remember to do this whenever we feel something resurfacing and we are ready.

:wikipedia:  ;) > Then (//details the Darkness Sphere&Sight Safe Experimenting by Tom's and in mine posts//) with a sweet smile to Kogasa,Eirin and Kaguya : " In someways I always felt occasionally  curios for I  sensed being held back not by my own while the ribbon-seal rustled,unmovable and mysterious,but now I truly feel a bit relieved and surely prudent ,so I really-really would like to watch and note what I can see and make out best and worst by new-sight,just around this grouping area,by a Larger-Powerful Darkness Sphere and then vary it with Smaller Sizes-Power."

> Do so when allowed and following that good counsel of the Eientei Hosts.

> Are we sure that we can make enough variants by Form,by Danmaku Combinations,by Power?Are all  from Demarcation,Shadow,Darkness Lasers,In-Between covered?"If So" us practice at the right  and fruitful time,like before and not that much beyond sun-down ,with the as right as feasible opponents or partners, and "In Any Case  " start thinking&looking for "right training&opportunis"for the future in More Complex&Beautiful Spellcards and Patterns .

> Consider doing this in the manner we meant by just Beginning,and Stopping,to form Lasers in our hands : "a quick fake-out of unleashing Lasers " ,but in dueling it  would be joined by"&follow-up with some  Conservative Weak Lasers mixed with Real Danmaku or even Real Magic while making  the best of it to exploit openings or make a safe course"; naturally it should be practiced and used in single,different pairs or more members...The whole team !".
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 26, 2019, 07:01:52 pm
> Do not practice danmaku indoors, we're busy having tea right now
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 27, 2019, 04:22:44 pm
> "Happy to hear Reimu actually has friends"
> "Thanks for the tip, we'll keel an eye out for her but will keep investigating if something important pops up"

> Finish up our tea (if we still have any)
> How's Mayina doing with his tea?

> "I'd call it more of a working arrangement." Alice says.

> You finish your tea, and take note that Mayina appears to have relocated his tea to anywhere except his mouth, with a particularly noticeable puddle behind him in the corner.

//At work till 10 pm

//Have something I want to say. Can't right now. Mind waiting for me? Will try to post on break

//Edit:
>"Close to Reimu, huh? Sounds scary... is this Yakumo person just as scary or scarier?"
>Shudder at the thought of two people like Reimu.

> "Yukari Yakumo is one of the beings in Gensokyo you must be most wary around." Alice states. "Few can even really discern what she is thinking."

> Ponder for a bit and try to remember,remember to do this whenever we feel something resurfacing and we are ready.

:wikipedia:  ;) > Then (//details the Darkness Sphere&Sight Safe Experimenting by Tom's and in mine posts//) with a sweet smile to Kogasa,Eirin and Kaguya : " In someways I always felt occasionally  curios for I  sensed being held back not by my own while the ribbon-seal rustled,unmovable and mysterious,but now I truly feel a bit relieved and surely prudent ,so I really-really would like to watch and note what I can see and make out best and worst by new-sight,just around this grouping area,by a Larger-Powerful Darkness Sphere and then vary it with Smaller Sizes-Power."

> Do so when allowed and following that good counsel of the Eientei Hosts.

> Are we sure that we can make enough variants by Form,by Danmaku Combinations,by Power?Are all  from Demarcation,Shadow,Darkness Lasers,In-Between covered?"If So" us practice at the right  and fruitful time,like before and not that much beyond sun-down ,with the as right as feasible opponents or partners, and "In Any Case  " start thinking&looking for "right training&opportunis"for the future in More Complex&Beautiful Spellcards and Patterns .

> Consider doing this in the manner we meant by just Beginning,and Stopping,to form Lasers in our hands : "a quick fake-out of unleashing Lasers " ,but in dueling it  would be joined by"&follow-up with some  Conservative Weak Lasers mixed with Real Danmaku or even Real Magic while making  the best of it to exploit openings or make a safe course"; naturally it should be practiced and used in single,different pairs or more members...The whole team !".

> You consider about more possibilities regarding danmaku; but decide to not do anything regarding this at the moment because you are still indoors.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 27, 2019, 05:03:14 pm
> Give Mayina the death glare for what he did, flash our eyes Youkai red while at it

> "We'll be wary and won't let ourselves get fooled!"

> "Thank you for the tea and everything, I hope Sakuya recovers soon"
> Get ready to leave

> Ponder what Louise could be up to
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 27, 2019, 11:00:09 pm
> Give Mayina the death glare for what he did, flash our eyes Youkai red while at it

> "We'll be wary and won't let ourselves get fooled!"

> "Thank you for the tea and everything, I hope Sakuya recovers soon"
> Get ready to leave

> Ponder what Louise could be up to

> The daemon responds by sticking out his tongue.

> "I would be more concerned about the fairies." Kaguya suggests. "Especially that blue one... as amusing her her antics with freezing the tea are."

> "It should not take too long for her to recover, I assume she will immediately return to her Mistress." Eirin responds.

> You get ready to leave. Everyone still with tea finishes it, except Alice, who shows no signs of leaving. You note Kogasa somewhat awkwardly pours her remaining tea across the large tongue coming from her umbrella.

> You wonder what Louise is up to currently.

---

// An option appears

// View Louise's situation?

[I don't intend any control of Louise to last very long, it's mostly to answer the 'what is Louise up to' bit. Completely optional but it's a chance to look into how Louise 'lives' and more Makai scene-setting. Basically covering briefly what Louise did since she left you.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 27, 2019, 11:34:14 pm
> Wait for Alice, don't go anywhere without her!

// Yess, a 'cutscene'!  Let's see what she's up to
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 28, 2019, 06:18:13 pm
> Wait for Alice, don't go anywhere without her!

// Yess, a 'cutscene'!  Let's see what she's up to

> Alice notices you waiting.

> "I am probobly safer in the presence of a literal Immortal than I am anywhere else." Alice states.

> "Immortal?" Mystia asks.

> Alice indicates to Kaguya. "Miss Houraisan is an Immortal. She is an eternal being. That's why such statements such as her complete defeat being impossible are true. I can think of perhaps one way she could possibly be killed, and even then that is highly theoretical; especially given her own powers."

> "Do tell." Kaguya states. "The firebird has tried a lot of different ways."

> "Somehow removing every essence of the Hourai Elixir from your body. Perhaps attacking you with something so powerful not even atoms remain. But even then it's only theoretical; since with your power over Eternity, reducing you to such a state would probobly be impossible in the first place. Of course, being Immortal dosen't mean you cannot be defeated, it only means you cannot lose everything. You can still be sealed and such."

===

// While apart from the party, Louise has returned home; to the Ruins of the Great City of Vina.

// Vina was a city established by a great migration of Witches, Wizards and Warlocks into Makai, as well as general migration from species who are inherently magical. While Paradise was a city that was formed around worship of Shinki and Pandemonium, Vina was a city largely created by those used to city life. Of course, natives moved to Vina as well, but this domination by outsiders gave Vina a very different culture to most of Makai.

// The buildings look like a mixture of Ancient Mediterranean styles. Similar to Ancient Greek; Roman, Carthiginian and even some Egyptian styles. A mixture and blend of them all. Vina itself was built atop a mish-mash of small streams and rivers [Notably not filled with water, but a glimmering purple liquid Maisma], with more waterways carved, giving it a Venetian-style as well.

// But the buildings are in disrepair, and crumbling from age and abandonment. Many choked with vines. Even the central building, the Temple of Shinki, is in a poor state.

// Louise is resting at her residence on the outskirts of Vina. A larger-than average two-story building, with a vinyard-like garden, complete with irrigation from one of the many waterways. This is the only place she can find rest... atop her own long-skeletal remains. Louise has spent the time since arriving home before going to rest looking around Vina, to make sure there is nothing unusual. The only thing she found was a few more cracks in the statue of Shinki within the temple.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on April 28, 2019, 06:51:42 pm
>"Or getting hit by the spell that Elis used against us? She might decide to not waste time fighting to get the Grimoire if she comes back again."
>Do we know what happened to the Makaian dressed like a shrine maiden?
>If we don't, say "That reminds me. Whatever happened to the other Makaian that showed up recently? Could she still be around?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 28, 2019, 07:52:54 pm
>"Or getting hit by the spell that Elis used against us? She might decide to not waste time fighting to get the Grimoire if she comes back again." Rumia has no memory of this
// The other 2 actions are fine

> "What about a spell that converted mass in to light which was then surrounded a demarcation barrier?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 28, 2019, 09:44:12 pm
*I am making an adjustment to your question Hope; due to the fact the Bad End is non-canon.

>"Or getting hit by the spell that Elis used against Sakuya? She might decide to not waste time fighting to get the Grimoire if she comes back again."
>Do we know what happened to the Makaian dressed like a shrine maiden?
>If we don't, say "That reminds me. Whatever happened to the other Makaian that showed up recently? Could she still be around?"

> "I do not see Blood Magic being able to defeat me." Kaguya says. "If your concern is it being used on someone else, Eirin is the best person to be around in that case, is she not?"

> No; you haven't seen her since she vanished.

> "She's probobly around somewhere." Daiyousei says. "She didn't seem like a Vampire..."

> "What about a spell that converted mass in to light which was then surrounded a demarcation barrier?"

> "Aside from such a high level transmutation magic being nigh impossible to perform." Eirin says "Kaguya's body is Eternal. It would likely just re-transmute itself as quickly as it is attempted to be transmuted. "
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 29, 2019, 12:25:43 am
> "Perhaps if her body was sealed first?  Somehow my seal manages to transmutate darkness which is an intangible void in to blood which is defined physical matter, perhaps making a seal or spell that does the opposite must also be possible"

> "Can we come back here at night and rest?  That vampire might appear again at night and kill us"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 29, 2019, 08:45:31 am
> "Perhaps if her body was sealed first?  Somehow my seal manages to transmutate darkness which is an intangible void in to blood which is defined physical matter, perhaps making a seal or spell that does the opposite must also be possible"

> "Can we come back here at night and rest?  That vampire might appear again at night and kill us"

> "It would still be an incredibly difficult task. To transmute an Eternal body at all may be impossible outright. " Eirin says.

> "Why are we trying to come up with ideas to try and kill me anyway?" Kaguya asks. "As amusing as it is to hear these plans, it's still not something I would wish to even test. Just because I am immortal dosen't mean I cannot feel pain and such."

> "I do not see a reason why you cannot use this place for shelter if required." Kaguya says. "Although I wouldn't cut your investigation short just to fly halfway across Gensokyo to specifically get back here."

> "They'd be after me regardless. With the difficulty to reach this place and Kaguya; Reisen and Eirin protecting it, we should be fine here." Alice explains.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 29, 2019, 09:47:30 am
> "Yeah you're nice too, I don't see why anyone would want to kill you"

> "Thanks for letting us stay if needed, farewell"
> Be polite and bow before leaving

> "So lets look around Youkai Mountain for that cat, we can also ask if she knows anything about the incident"
> Head out of the forest, memorizing the path for future trips.  Mark Eientei's direction on our compass if needed
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 29, 2019, 09:58:16 am

> "So lets look around Youkai Mountain for that cat, we can also ask if she knows anything about the incident"
> Head out of the forest, memorizing the path for future trips.  Mark Eientei's direction on our compass if needed
>Don't commit to this part yet.

//Do We really want to intentionally seek out yukari? I understand the ooc benefits of doing so, but in character we know she's friends with Reimu, and that could be risky.

//Also about 4:00 am here. I need to sleep so prolly won't reply for several hours
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 29, 2019, 10:20:45 am
// Yes in-character Rumia wants answers and isn't really afraid of Reimu or any Gensokyan anymore after having dealt with all these Makaians trying to actually kill her.  Yukari/Ran/Chen isn't just about the seal but also may provide leads or tips to solving the incident, and Yukari is the only real lead she has right now other than wandering around hoping something pops up
// Also out-of-character I have a feeling this 'sidequest' will unlock additional bonus sidequests or even main quests
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 29, 2019, 06:28:58 pm
isn't really afraid of Reimu [anymore]
//Since when?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 29, 2019, 06:42:07 pm
// Since having to face all these Makaians with no spell card rules.  Also we've established that Rumia isn't the kind of person to ignore an issue if she's scared of it, she wouldn't have confronted Yumeko to save Mayina and wouldn't have gone to Makai at all if she was
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 29, 2019, 06:48:34 pm
//Still not as scary as an angry Reimu, imo.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 29, 2019, 06:48:51 pm
// edit
// Why would Reimu even be angry at us, she doesn't know about Mima and won't find out according to Okina so we can forget that.  We're actually investigating the incident instead of getting in her way and trying to eat her, I'd say that's an improvement
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 29, 2019, 06:59:31 pm
// At best; Rumia would be apprehensive around Reimu.

1: She dosen't know where Reimu stands in relation to the power of the daemons. Rumia dosen't know Reimu's potential anyway. For all Rumia knows Reimu can curbstomp Elis.

2: It's kinda a food-chain thing. The Hakurei Maiden as a position exterminates Youkai.  It's not like it's a box of roses getting blasted by Danmaku either, it's designed to hurt. Then there's possibility to be sealed, ect.

Rumia would most likely prefer to approach most other people in Gensokyo over Reimu. Especially in the event she [Or more likly Cirno...] lets something slip regarding being responsible for Mima.

Of course; Gensokyo is fairly large, avoiding Reimu while finding other people is completely possible. Although it is worth noting Marisa's last known location is Youkai Mountain [As she said she was going there to ask Nitori some things]. So if anything you are more likly to run into Marisa [And Sanae as well] than Reimu if you choose to go Cat-hunting.

And of course, just because looking for Chen is what is being suggested by Eirin dosen't mean you should do that. Aside from other main plot directions I may set out later; you can always choose to do something completely different and not follow up leads. Nothing is stopping you trying to return to Makai to investigate there more, for example, revisiting a prior location [EG: Myouren Temple to see if the barrier is still up; SDM to check on Remilia and Flandre; Hakurei Shrine to check on the Three+Piece; ect] or deciding something like asking if your friends know anyone who might be useful and following their ideas.

You might even bump into Chen/Ran/Yukari at a later point by accident, and not following the lead.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on April 29, 2019, 07:04:51 pm
//I meant the spell Elis used to knock everyone (besides Rumia because of her darkness sphere) out, I guess I wasn't specific enough. I thought it would be fitting to warn about it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 29, 2019, 07:06:40 pm
//I meant the spell Elis used to knock everyone (besides Rumia because of her darkness sphere) out, I guess I wasn't specific enough. I thought it would be fitting to warn about it.

You can re-submit the action with the specifics and I can parse that ^_^. I assumed you meant the offensive Blood Magic spell since that is where the focus of most of the discussion had been [And would be the spell Eirin would assume due to Sakuya's wounds]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on April 29, 2019, 07:20:41 pm
>"If Elis tries to come back, she might decide to not waste time fighting to get the Grimoire.  She might try that spell she used to knock us out before Sakuya showed up. I wasn't affected because of my darkness sphere, but you don't really have that, so be careful."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 29, 2019, 08:13:38 pm
>"If Elis tries to come back, she might decide to not waste time fighting to get the Grimoire.  She might try that spell she used to knock us out before Sakuya showed up. I wasn't affected because of my darkness sphere, but you don't really have that, so be careful."

> Eirin looks curious. "A spell your darkness blocked? Is the attack light-based then? If that is the case; Undonge can handle it by manipulateing the wavelength."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 29, 2019, 09:45:42 pm
// It's unlikely we'll run into Reimu at Youkai Mountain so let's go and see if we can find Chen though let's go there via the SDM to tell them about Sakuya and also find out how the fight vs Elis went

> "Yeah you're nice too, I don't see why anyone would want to kill you"

> "Thanks for letting us stay if needed, farewell"
> Be polite and bow before leaving

> "So lets head back to the SDM to inform them of Sakuya's condition and ask how the fight with Elis went.  Then let's have a look around Youkai Mountain for Chen, who knows she might have a tip or lead for futher places to investigate"
> Head out of the forest, memorizing the path for future trips.  Mark Eientei's direction on our compass if needed
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 29, 2019, 10:44:25 pm
> "So lets head back to the SDM to inform them of Sakuya's condition and ask how the fight with Elis went.  Then let's have a look around Youkai Mountain for Chen, who knows she might have a tip or lead for futher places to investigate"
> Head out of the forest, memorizing the path for future trips.  Mark Eientei's direction on our compass if needed
>Don't plan to go look for Chen. Chen would lead to Yukari which might potentially lead to an encounter with Reimu at worst, or information trickling back to her. We're unsure if this Yukari person would be trustworthy, after all.

//If it's necessary to run into them, it'll probably happen on accident anyway.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 29, 2019, 11:18:23 pm
// Alright
> Remove "Then let's have a look around Youkai Mountain for Chen, who knows she might have a tip or lead for futher places to investigate"
> Add "Then lets try and head back to the gateway to Makai and let Yumeko know that we were attacked by Elis and that Alice is in a safe place now"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 29, 2019, 11:19:54 pm
> Add "Then lets try and head back to the gateway to Makai and let Yumeko know that we were attacked by Elis and that Alice is in a safe place now"
>We already know there is no point in doing so. The gateway is blocked. (Plus it's literally right next to Reimu's place. Plus there's still Mima and a possible angry Aunn to worry about.)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 29, 2019, 11:25:17 pm
> Change to "Then lets investigate around the portal Mayina came through and refreeze it if its melted" (We now have Miasma protection so we should be able to see whats on the other side)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 29, 2019, 11:29:52 pm
//I'm fine with that.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 30, 2019, 06:17:02 pm
// It's unlikely we'll run into Reimu at Youkai Mountain so let's go and see if we can find Chen though let's go there via the SDM to tell them about Sakuya and also find out how the fight vs Elis went

> "Yeah you're nice too, I don't see why anyone would want to kill you"

> "Thanks for letting us stay if needed, farewell"
> Be polite and bow before leaving

> "So lets head back to the SDM to inform them of Sakuya's condition and ask how the fight with Elis went.  Then let's have a look around Youkai Mountain for Chen, who knows she might have a tip or lead for futher places to investigate"
> Head out of the forest, memorizing the path for future trips.  Mark Eientei's direction on our compass if needed

> "Amusement." Kaguya states. "There's another immortal who I frequently fight with."

> "It's nothing, there's no real need to thank me." Kaguya says.

> You bow before leaving, and everyone except Cirno [Who dosen't get the hint] and Mayina does the same. You note unlike Shinki, the Princess dosen't object to this action.

> Change to "Then lets investigate around the portal Mayina came through and refreeze it if its melted" (We now have Miasma protection so we should be able to see whats on the other side)

> You and the others head out of the Bamboo Forest, following the trail from Eientei, having no mishaps while doing so. You are very careful to stick to the path however, given the name of the Forest. You mark Eientei's location, although when you leave the Bamboo Forest, it vanishes. It is nearing midday.

> As you head towards the Scarlet Mansion, you notice an unusual sight. A flying Human. That you don't recognize. She sticks out like a sore thumb as well with her somewhat flamboyant appearance, complete with a cape, and bright purple clothing.

> Upon noticeing your group; what seems to be... cards fly out of her pocket and start swirling around her, as she floats up and looks down upon you.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/2327/sample_2ebafe2691a42f9a4aa24d6267eeed3c0aeabdcc.png?2438137)
> Sumireko Usami
> Torn Between Dream and Reality

> "Oh my, they're even here in the Dream Utopia of Gensokyo." the girl says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 30, 2019, 06:22:26 pm
>Quick headcount of who is in the party right now, before anything else is parsed.

//Alice is still with us, right?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 30, 2019, 06:28:18 pm
// Alice stayed at Eientei since it's safer for her

> "Who are 'they' miss human?"

> Drool a little if our Youkai Instincts are telling us to...
> Wipe it off, old habits die hard
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 30, 2019, 06:37:35 pm
// Alice stayed at Eientei since it's safer for her

> "Who are 'they' miss human?"

> Drool a little if our Youkai Instincts are telling us to...
> Wipe it off, old habits die hard
>Don't do this yet.

//What do you mean she stayed!? Had I known I would've refused leaving. We made a promise to protect her, after all, and I'd rather not take any chances on leaving her alone after Elis ex Machina.

//If Rai confirms that she's not with us, would you mind opening a retcon vote since we literally just left and barely any progression happened?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on April 30, 2019, 06:40:54 pm
>Don't do this yet.

//What do you mean she stayed!? Had I known I would've refused leaving. We made a promise to protect her, after all, and I'd rather not take any chances on leaving her alone after Elis ex Machina.

//If Rai confirms that she's not with us, would you mind opening a retcon vote since we literally just left and barely any progression happened?

// I'm fine with going back to try and convince Alice, but it won't be easy. You'll need to convince her she's safer sticking with you than in Eientei.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 30, 2019, 06:57:42 pm
// She's with immortal Kaguya, Eirin, Reisen and Tewi. Also Alice showed no signs of wanting to leave and reassured us she'd be fine with them.  We'll be stuck in Eientei if we wait for Alice
// Besides it will be easier for Elis to track us down than to find Eientei within the "Bamboo forest of the lost" and even then the rabbits will have given the heads up to Tewi&co.  Eirin can also cast Astronomical Entombing if worst comes to worst
// If she's with us and Elis finds us she'll waste no time to one-shot us and take Alice and we really can do nothing about it other than hope we don't encounter her
// Having characters in the party doesn't automatically make it safer for them
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on April 30, 2019, 07:14:36 pm
//If being in quests has taught me anything, it's
1. It's better to be paranoid than not because...
2. Parsers love Murphy's Law.
3. There is no such thing as a "safe zone".

//Hell, we don't even have to convince her to follow us. It's not so much leaving her at Eientei that I'm concerned about than that I simply don't trust leaving her "alone" without our group's protection when me made a promise to Yumeko.

//I'd be fine with allowing someone trustworthy to stay behind just to ease our worries a bit. (Probably Kogasa since she was with us in Makai and thus knows more about the situation, even though I'd personally rather not put her in charge because of the whole "I didn't do my one job and signal you because I thought it would surprise you" fiasco. Perhaps Wriggle instead, though the isn't as strong so it might be an issue if the inevitable happens.)

//Bonus points if there is a way to contact each other a distance (could ask Eirin if she has anything that could allow such. Or maybe Alice still has the communication dolls from the SA incident.)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on April 30, 2019, 07:36:41 pm
//We could leave both but then there's only three of us and Mayina.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on April 30, 2019, 09:07:01 pm
// Our groups protection?  Rumia is the only one in our group that can even stay conscious in an encounter with Elis, I doubt leaving anyone will make any difference if it comes to a fight, the Eientei group will be the ones to make a difference
// Unless you don't directly mean protection and more like having someone 'babysit' Alice to make sure she doesn't leave Eientei, them I'm all for it.  It should be our most trustworthy member though, not the strongest since strength won't make a difference (in fact we'd rather have strong members with us in case we encounter other threats (not Elis))
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 01, 2019, 03:33:27 pm
//I'm fine with keeping someone trustworthy with Alice. I'd prefer not to leave her alone. We agreed to protect her after all, so we should at the very least have one of us keeping an eye on her while we're away.

//You're agreeing to open a retcon vote, then?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 01, 2019, 08:52:06 pm
// Firstly I am replying" to recap the Point of Interests",the ones not replied to,and adding some //

// After resolving the Alice's Protection issue,dealing with Sumireko(who is likely referring to Mayina/Invading Makaians also appearing in the Dream World/Passages,or a connected zone, and our group being accomplices or deceived),checking up  on Remilia& Flandre with report and Q&A(to Koakuma?);check on Mayina's Portal,the posted ones:  Myouren Temple and Barrier;Youkai Mountain Trek& Cat Seeking(with prudence); 3 Fairies + " Piece"(Hakurei Shrine";Useful Talks among Friends //

//Not-posted ones : return to Human Village and check it from afar;a Youkai not only disguised and accept as a Human Villager but also helping out?(Sekibanki);s
 the lead of Keine's mentioning a particular person capable of helping out with Fire Troubles(Mokou)in the Bamboo Forest(Mikoyan);has Donita (fighty Makaian Fairy teaming with Mayina)accostumed to Gensokyo yet?others are very welcome //.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 01, 2019, 09:16:37 pm
I'd like some form of confirmation about what you intend to do and agreement before I proceed. Basically confirmation.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 01, 2019, 09:26:43 pm
// Secondarily about the "trustful protection of Alice" issue //

// Having Alice at Eientei is good but better yet is for her to be with one who is a trusty contact and protector//

// Right now,however,we can spare(temporary,1 person we can in our group//

// This would suggest to look out,among what else has to be done, for such a new person - could Sumireko(temporarily) be a candidate after explaining both our situations with each other ? and for now sending 1 fit //

// Getting to know(possibly through Keine and/or Sumireko) and getting Mokou's (who is quite friendly or at least open with both Sumireko and Keike)help,after the priorities we are setting out to do, would gift Alice,and us while in the Bamboo Forest,with a Peripheral Protection and Surveillance ,regardless //

// Sorry,  :ohdear: before committing we should firstly pick out and see if that member/friend accepts,seeing if Sumireko's news/presence changes that aspecto,so...//

> Before addressing this new human ,ponder in thought: " Hold on,what if Alice is going to need someone there with her  to be a contact for special cases or even ,besides the Eientei folk,to help her out ? Which of our group would be the most fit and available for those ?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 01, 2019, 09:28:50 pm
>Wait for Tom's opinion on opening a retcon vote

//Edit since I won't be available for a bit:

>If he agrees and I don't reply within 30 minutes, consider this a vote in favor of retconning back before we left so we can leave someone with Alice and possibly ask if Eirin has a way to communicate.

>If the retcon does happen please wait for me.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 01, 2019, 09:42:45 pm
//Edit ( please delete this post once you've read it.)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 01, 2019, 09:59:05 pm
>Wait for Tom's opinion on opening a retcon vote
// However, Reading again Kaguya,Eirin and Alice's last response there is anorher Point of Inter : they feel Alice herself is safe here and we could be cutting our investigation short if we  backtrack through Half-Gensokyo for getting back to Eientei;this could encompass leaving   a valuable member/friend in Eientei while the priority is with the group  . //

// If that course(company for Alice) is taken we should be prepared to argue a valid reason to leave one behind and it all being useful; of course the actual value rather than convincing is the practical usefulness of one usefully staying behind with Alice VS usefully(uniquely?) contributing to the Investigative Team //

//In fact A way of communication,either within our Group or outside but somehow linked,is good regardless but it could be too soon to set-up  or even too... :ohdear: trackable //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 01, 2019, 10:09:25 pm
//  Branneg a retcon is instant we won't backtrack, we just go back to Eientei as if this never happened like getting a game over
// I say open retcon vote and count me as Yes to retcon
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 03, 2019, 04:19:16 pm
// Rewind

> You are back at Eientei; as everyone is preparing to leave
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 03, 2019, 07:24:20 pm
>"Actually, before we go..."
>Look at Miss Eirin and the others.
>"You wouldn't happen to know of some way of keeping in touch over long distances, would you?"

>Wait for Tom.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 04, 2019, 12:04:32 am
// You didn't have to wait for me you only asked a question

// I've nothing to add to your actions
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 04, 2019, 04:33:16 pm
>"Actually, before we go..."
>Look at Miss Eirin and the others.
>"You wouldn't happen to know of some way of keeping in touch over long distances, would you?"

>Wait for Tom.

[I was busy last night anyway]

> "I'm afraid we don't." Eirin says. "We mostly keep to ourselves, and if we need to interact outside the forest we usually send Undonge."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 04, 2019, 06:19:42 pm
>Look to Alice
>"Is it possible to use your dolls to talk to other people?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 04, 2019, 07:14:30 pm
>Look to Alice
>"Is it possible to use your dolls to talk to other people?"

> "I can do so with some attunement and a special model." Alice replies. "I've done it with Marisa before."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 04, 2019, 07:38:53 pm
> "Do you think you could set something up so we can stay in contact?  In case we figure out anything more about the incident or why they might be after you"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 04, 2019, 07:55:16 pm
>"Since you're staying here, I figure it would be best to keep in contact in case something happens."
>Consider leaving one of us behind as an extra precaution
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 05, 2019, 07:19:37 pm
> "Do you think you could set something up so we can stay in contact?  In case we figure out anything more about the incident or why they might be after you"

> "It's possible, but it would depend on if you have enough power to sustain the magical connection with the dolls." Alice states. "Marisa could do it from a long distance, but I don't know how well it would work with you."

>"Since you're staying here, I figure it would be best to keep in contact in case something happens."
>Consider leaving one of us behind as an extra precaution

> "It's not a bad idea." Alice remarks.

> You consider the possibility of leaving someone behind, just in case. Although you don't see how that would help with communication.

> Alice makes two small magic circles; and then summons two small dolls, small compared to her usual ones. One is wearing a red dress with her hair tied on the right, while the other is wearing blue with the hair on the left.

> "There are two miniature dolls for communication." Alice states. "It dosen't matter which one you take, but don't just run off with it; I need to attune it."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 05, 2019, 08:49:41 pm
> "It's possible, but it would depend on if you have enough power to sustain the magical connection with the dolls." Alice states. "Marisa could do it from a long distance, but I don't know how well it would work with you."

> "It's not a bad idea." Alice remarks.

> You consider the possibility of leaving someone behind, just in case. Although you don't see how that would help with communication.

> Alice makes two small magic circles; and then summons two small dolls, small compared to her usual ones. One is wearing a red dress with her hair tied on the right, while the other is wearing blue with the hair on the left.

> "There are two miniature dolls for communication." Alice states. "It dosen't matter which one you take, but don't just run off with it; I need to attune it."

> "Alright,thanks for it, do they have a name "?

> After hearing them pick the red one // Hourai(?) unless you prefer Shangai(?)//

> " Oh !Alice,before this set-up begins, I was wondering ...Could one of us standing behind with you around here be a good extra-precaution or full-team investigation is best ?".

> Think up who of us has the best disposition and abilities for such a task.

//Well...Unless they are too draining on Rumia,with the doll communications ready to be tested out, a -1 from the Team could be wasted resource , when needing it for the investigation,rather than a well-placed 1 . Still, fit charactes for that ,pending confirmation, is Wriggle or Mystia(Daiyousei is  needed as '" in a way  Cirno's Conscience ") // .
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 05, 2019, 09:15:12 pm
// Unlikely she would give us Shanghai or Hourai, those are her most prized creations.  These are most likely communications dolls

> "So how do we attune them?"

> Think of leaving Daiyousei since if Elis attacks and kills her she will respawn and be able to warn us.  She is also the most intellectual from our group and Alice likely prefers intellectual company
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 06, 2019, 12:00:24 am
>"What are their names?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 06, 2019, 05:39:55 am
// Perform my actions after asking about their names also edited my actions so we don't pick one before we hear their names
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 06, 2019, 06:25:23 pm
[Got some repeat commands here, such as requests for names]

> "Alright,thanks for it, do they have a name "?

> After hearing them pick the red one // Hourai(?) unless you prefer Shangai(?)//

> " Oh !Alice,before this set-up begins, I was wondering ...Could one of us standing behind with you around here be a good extra-precaution or full-team investigation is best ?".

> Think up who of us has the best disposition and abilities for such a task.

//Well...Unless they are too draining on Rumia,with the doll communications ready to be tested out, a -1 from the Team could be wasted resource , when needing it for the investigation,rather than a well-placed 1 . Still, fit charactes for that ,pending confirmation, is Wriggle or Mystia(Daiyousei is  needed as '" in a way  Cirno's Conscience ") // .

> "The red one is called Riga; the Blue one is called Tallinn" Alice says.

// Unlikely she would give us Shanghai or Hourai, those are her most prized creations.  These are most likely communications dolls

> "So how do we attune them?"

> Think of leaving Daiyousei since if Elis attacks and kills her she will respawn and be able to warn us.  She is also the most intellectual from our group and Alice likely prefers intellectual company

> "I'll basically need you to stay still and hold the doll you want to take with you for a while, while I attune both of them." Alice explains.

> You also note Daiyousei isn't much of a fighter. Although, she's also the best at keeping Cirno in check.

[I chose Riga and Tallinn because they're capitals of two small countries [They're small dolls] with good relations; specifically Latvia and Estonia.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on May 06, 2019, 06:36:14 pm
//And the green one would be called Vilnius. (I'm from Lithuania btw)
>Pick the red one because red is obviously our favorite color. (Because it's the color of meat).
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 06, 2019, 07:13:24 pm
> "I choose ... Charmander!"

> Stop thinking of meat, we're better than that!
> Pick the red one since its one of our primary colors and Alice would probably prefer the blue one being one of her primary colors
> Approach and point at it
> "So how do we attune them?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 06, 2019, 09:07:38 pm
//And the green one would be called Vilnius. (I'm from Lithuania btw)
>Pick the red one because red is obviously our favorite color. (Because it's the color of meat).

> "I choose ... Charmander!"

> Stop thinking of meat, we're better than that!
> Pick the red one since its one of our primary colors and Alice would probably prefer the blue one being one of her primary colors
> Approach and point at it
> "So how do we attune them?"

> You go over and point at Riga.

> "Pick it up; hold it with both hands and make sure it is facing me." Alice says; as she does the same with Tallinn , except making sure it faces you.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 06, 2019, 11:50:34 pm
> Pick it up with both hands and face Alice
> Follow any other instructions Alice gives us
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 07, 2019, 05:00:22 pm
> Pick it up with both hands and face Alice
> Follow any other instructions Alice gives us

> You pick up the doll.

> Alice doesn't give instructions, instead, the doll starts to feel slightly warmer, and you feel it siphoning your energy. Slowly; and gently.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 07, 2019, 10:40:51 pm
> "Its working, I feel a slow drain on my energy"

> If we feel like the attunement is going to fail focus on directing our energy into the connection between the dolls
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 07, 2019, 10:43:24 pm
>Huggle doll, but keep it facing Alice so she can continue to attune it.
>>Stop/Don't do this if Alice advises against doing so.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 08, 2019, 07:43:57 pm
> "Its working, I feel a slow drain on my energy"

> If we feel like the attunement is going to fail focus on directing our energy into the connection between the dolls

> "Yes; the doll needs to adjust to your energy and connect it with mine to form the link." Alice explains.

>Huggle doll, but keep it facing Alice so she can continue to attune it.
>>Stop/Don't do this if Alice advises against doing so.

> Alice looks disapproving, since she told you to not move, and looks like she's about to say something but decides against it.

> The doll warms up more; and you feel the energy drain grow. However, you can see a seven-=colored thread of magic slowly forming between the two dolls.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 08, 2019, 09:07:53 pm
> Stop huggling it since Alice disapproves
> Keep steady and focus our energy in to the link
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 08, 2019, 11:55:31 pm
[Got some repeat commands here, such as requests for names]

> "The red one is called Riga; the Blue one is called Tallinn" Alice says.

> "I'll basically need you to stay still and hold the doll you want to take with you for a while, while I attune both of them." Alice explains.

> You also note Daiyousei isn't much of a fighter. Although, she's also the best at

[I chose Riga and Tallinn because they're capitals of two small countries [They're small dolls] with good relations; specifically Latvia and Estonia.]

//EDIT:wrong auto-correct kikcking in/fluency] Ah thank you ! That is the reason "Riga " / " Tsalinn "vaguely familar,especially by the the pair-up for communication highlighted by red-blue (both Latvia and Estonia national) own design and inter-community tie ! Glad more info about them,that was my aim with a side-joke(Hourai?Shangai?)    :D //

> Simply hug Riga as motionlessly as we can,no movement like de-huggle ,until after the 7 threads are gone and Alice says so.

> Keep note of the Energy Drain.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 09, 2019, 01:22:09 am
// Don't keep hugging as Alice disapproves
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 09, 2019, 07:04:24 pm
> Stop huggling it since Alice disapproves
> Keep steady and focus our energy in to the link

// Aah, that is the reason they sounded vaguely family and about the the pair-up for communication the red-blue connection by design ! Glad more info about them,that was my aim with a side-joke(Hourai?Shangai?)    :D //

> Simply hug Riga as motionlessly as we can,no movement like de-huggle ,until after the 7 threads are gone and Alice says so.

> Keep note of the Energy Drain.

> You figure since Alice told you not to move stopping the doll-hug would cause more annoyance, since this is movement.

> The drain starts to feel slightly stronger as the link brightens, until suddenly; Riga turns Blue and Tallinn turns red. The rainbow connection fades, and you no longer feel anywhere near the same amount of drain in energy. Only a very, very slow trickle.

> "There, the dolls are attuned to my magical signal and yours. They should be able to communicate across Gensokyo; although I wouldn't rely in it outside of Gensokyo." Alice says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 09, 2019, 07:23:05 pm
>"Alright."
>Which doll are we holding again, name wise?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 09, 2019, 07:48:26 pm
>"Alright."
>Which doll are we holding again, name wise?

> Riga; unless the dolls swapped over; and the hair didn't flip sides so you don't think that happened.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 09, 2019, 08:19:22 pm
> "So do we just talk to them or is it through thought?"
> "Also can anyone communicate with them or just me?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 09, 2019, 08:52:52 pm
> "So do we just talk to them or is it through thought?"
> "Also can anyone communicate with them or just me?"

> "You have to focus your magic around the doll. You can probably fly while doing it but not much else." Alice states.

> "Only you can activate it, but anyone can talk; or hear me."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 09, 2019, 09:36:23 pm
> "I suggest we try it before leaving"

> Go outside and focus our energy in to he doll

> "Alice?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 10, 2019, 03:57:04 pm
>Consider the viability of each of our teammates if we were to leave one behind to stay with Alice
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 11, 2019, 04:45:37 pm
> "I suggest we try it before leaving"

> Go outside and focus our energy in to he doll

> "Alice?"

> You go outside, and after a couple of attempts; you hear Alice say "Yes; I hear you."

>Consider the viability of each of our teammates if we were to leave one behind to stay with Alice

> Cirno is certainly a bad idea, as mentioned before. Likewise; keeping Cirno in line without Daiyousei would be rough.

> You don't see any particular problems with leaving Wriggle and Mystia; except losing their own skills; such as their abilities to communicate with insects and birds.

> Mayina being left behind is probably an absolutely awful idea; at least, alone, but that said; you can see leaving him behind in the sense of being out of danger also... sensible. You're also unsure if he'd behave around Alice; especially given he was originally after her Grimoire. [But you're also pretty much certain he would stand absolutely no chance against Alice; let alone the residents of Eientei.]

> Kogasa is the only one of the group who's been to Makai, and also doesn't need to breathe so is fine going there if the need arises. But you've also known her for about a day and a half and she's already shown to be... less than focused on anything that isn't surprising people.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on May 11, 2019, 06:25:08 pm
//Probably not Mayina because we don't trust him enough yet. (and because I want to see what a conversation between him and Koakuma would look like)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 11, 2019, 11:17:31 pm
// I want Mayina with us so we can do some relationship building
// In leaning towards leaving Cirno and Daiyousei as they are pretty much indestructible
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 12, 2019, 11:06:47 pm
// I want Mayina with us so we can do some relationship building
// In leaning towards leaving Cirno and Daiyousei as they are pretty much indestructible
[  :ohdear: ! Much of this player Meta-Discussion is :wikipedia: ! ]
// Alright,team-building with Mayina and not only him.

// :wikipedia:  :blush:  ;)  A pair is too much,but also leaving 1 of them would be mostly unfit,in fact because they are potentially,not totally, indestructible,but could still be exhausted/defeated without going through"fairy-nature" recovery .
//Examples being Nature-Dependant,Sealable ;though it would take a quite skilled specialized effort mespecially for Cirno&Daiyousei  ;it would be easier to either Defeat Fairies and Complete Objective(s) or to Continually Defeat/Drive Them Away/Stunning/Combination of Power&Magic&Skills/etc.

//They are even more potentially skilled ,Example: especially together(Fairy Natural Ice Power & Skills,growing, teamed with Fairy Calm-Headness & Counsels,also limited self-teleportation).

// Wriggle(Rumia's Best Friend) could be more fit for the task both monitor,track,spy,Warn AND being hardly-detectable,partly by herself, especialy working by her with Manipulation of Inscects(Insect-Limited)set-up some ambush/counter or better yet help set them-up:the others I agree,like,including Mystia and Kogasa are still for the Team
with Rumia,until all the team is gathered.
//Finally as a Last-Resort of her--->"Last World :Little Butterfly Storm",certain knowledge /experience/movements abouh Forerts&Underbrush(In Canon, in "Inaba of the Moon&Earth" she reached Eintei and was a bother to Reisen until Tewi intervened),some boost and avoidance by "Wriggle Kick". :wikipedia:


> Smile and do come back inside : "Even with the small drain and magic focusing,they are Neat & Useful! Thanks a lot,Alice!So in Gensokyo both us ,after we activate Riga and Tsalinn,and  others can hear and talk on borh ends....

> Sun,Sky,Weather Status,fly somewhat if uncertain,then...

> Re-group with the others standing between our team and Alice,closer to the 1st "...In fact with such neatness ,is it necessary or not that 1among us,in addition to the Eientei,who is fit&willing would stand  here by you,Alice,just until the Elis issue is somehow adjusted and a good chunk of the Heretic Makaian one too ?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 13, 2019, 02:50:56 pm
// Maybe now that we have communication we don't have to leave anyone?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 16, 2019, 08:35:10 pm
// Maybe now that we have communication we don't have to leave anyone?
// You are right,I am editing my post to be an open-ended anwser in both directions, and Indeed I was under that same impression as well,but we have to wait for both  the group answers and,unless those answers are explicative enough ,EvilNazgul's(the main intercessor for leaving 1 behind as more security)//.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 19, 2019, 07:20:05 am
// I say let's vote on this now that we know we can communicate with Alice.  Leave someone behind? Y/N

// I vote no because we established communication and it would leave us a party member down
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 19, 2019, 07:45:22 am
//As before, I say yes, since murphy's law exists and I've had moments in past quests where I was lulled into a false sense of security and things quickly became worse because precautions weren't taken.

//Besides we can handle missing a single person. iirc Kogasa was AWOL through at least one of the fights we've been in (can't remember if it was Donnie or Mayina tho.).

//Wriggle seems to be the best choice if we do end up leaving someone. She's proven to be the most trustworthy.
- Cirno is a definite no.
- While Daiyousei is a good option on paper, it'll be problematic to leave Cirno (with Alice or Us) without Dai-chan there keep her in line.
- Kogasa can't be trusted to follow directions because she'll take not following them as an opportunity to surprise us.
- Mystia doesn't know when to shut up.
- Wriggle is our best friend and literally the only one that hasn't proven to have faults from what we've seen so far. She also has access to an early warning system (bugs), and is really our only reliable ally right now.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on May 19, 2019, 06:23:58 pm
//Weren't going to go check on the portal Mayina came out of to see if it's unfrozen so we could refreeze it if it was unfrozen and still open? In that case we still need Cirno.
//I doubt reverse psychology would work on Kogasa, like saying that we wouldn't be surprised if she didn't follow what we tell her to do.
//So I guess Wriggle is our best bet for leaving someone behind.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 20, 2019, 01:29:45 am
// Well then lets leave Wriggle

// We wanted to investigate the portal since we have miasma protection which gives us unrestricted access to Makai.  It also won't hurt to refreeze it because its been a while since we were last there.

> Look at Wriggle
> "Wriggle could you stay and keep Alice company while we revisit the SDM and investigate Mayina's portal?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 20, 2019, 04:02:33 am
>"How far can bugs warn you in advance of an approaching threat, on average?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 20, 2019, 08:21:51 am
> Look at Wriggle
> "Wriggle could you stay and keep Alice company while we revisit the SDM and investigate Mayina's portal?"

> Wriggle looks a little bit surprised.

> "I guess I can do that." she says.

>"How far can bugs warn you in advance of an approaching threat, on average?"

> "It depends how many bugs there are. They have to actually tell me, but one bug can tell another bug and so on."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 20, 2019, 08:54:59 am
>"Well, I don't think you'll have a shortage of bugs, this is a forest, after all."

//Will be sleeping soon. Please don't leave yet, because there's a parting sentence I want to say to Wriggle before we leave.

//Also should we also give them a place to meet up with us in the event things do go south?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 21, 2019, 12:53:41 am
> Ask Mayina discreetly "Anything specific you want to do or see on the way back to the Scarlet Mansion?  I don't want you to feel like we're just dragging you around"
(Low voice and sincere tone while saying this)

// We should indeed, how about Misty Lake
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 22, 2019, 02:05:45 am
// For now let us first deal with Sumireko,Mayina's Makai Portal and SDM,afterwards we are going to be checking Misty Lake&sorroundings,or thinking and going for other places,for a fairly accessible and hidden meeting place,then communicate it to Wriggle&Alice&Eientei ".//

// Well this is as far as "  meeting places outside buildings,harder to track,easier to access "are concerned....Excluding Eientei & Bamboo Forest since too close to Alice,unless we need to regroup with Alice & Eientei Support or throw off tenacious pursuers by passing  deeply  in the outer rim,but just the outer, of the Forest // .

> How were Sun,Sky,Weathe,Approximate Time Status when we went out of the building?

> Frown with a small smile " Mhmh! In any case,if things ever go south or we are somehow scattered without a clear plan to regroup, we should seek out,after the Portal and SDM priorities, a meeting place while traveling in general,one more readily accessible than Eientei,if unable to regroup here due to Alice's Safety or not enough time ,but still somehow hidden..."

> "...Perhaps,after poking at them, spots around the Mistly Lake or some spots inside our usual "Great Forest " or... I am open to suggestions...".
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 24, 2019, 08:26:44 pm
[Something's been up with my notifications. Also with the current site issue I wanted to give a chance for Hope]

>"Well, I don't think you'll have a shortage of bugs, this is a forest, after all."

//Will be sleeping soon. Please don't leave yet, because there's a parting sentence I want to say to Wriggle before we leave.

//Also should we also give them a place to meet up with us in the event things do go south?

> "There's insects pretty much everywhere, but it depends on the insects. News moves faster with fast winged bugs and things like ant colonies than solitary beetles." Wriggle says.

> Ask Mayina discreetly "Anything specific you want to do or see on the way back to the Scarlet Mansion?  I don't want you to feel like we're just dragging you around"
(Low voice and sincere tone while saying this)

// We should indeed, how about Misty Lake

> "You're asking as if I even know any places." the daemon says in an annoyed manner. "How am I supposed to tell you where I want to go when I don't have a clue where there even is?"

// For now let us first deal with Sumireko,Mayina's Makai Portal and SDM,afterwards we are going to be checking Misty Lake&sorroundings,or thinking and going for other places,for a fairly accessible and hidden meeting place,then communicate it to Wriggle&Alice&Eientei ".//

// Well this is as far as "  meeting places outside buildings,harder to track,easier to access "are concerned....Excluding Eientei & Bamboo Forest since too close to Alice,unless we need to regroup with Alice & Eientei Support or throw off tenacious pursuers by passing  deeply  in the outer rim,but just the outer, of the Forest // .

> How were Sun,Sky,Weathe,Approximate Time Status when we went out of the building?

> Frown with a small smile " Mhmh! In any case,if things ever go south or we are somehow scattered without a clear plan to regroup, we should seek out,after the Portal and SDM priorities, a meeting place while traveling in general,one more readily accessible than Eientei,if unable to regroup here due to Alice's Safety or not enough time ,but still somehow hidden..."

> "...Perhaps,after poking at them, spots around the Mistly Lake or some spots inside our usual "Great Forest " or... I am open to suggestions...".


> You don't know since you've not actually left the building.

// It's around midday, average weather.

> "I mean, the Misty Lake is somewhat central in Gensokyo." Mystia says. "And we all know our way there. It's even close to all our homes."

> Mystia looks at Kogasa.

> "Where do you live anyway Kogasa?"

> "Myouren Graveyard." Kogasa says.

> Mystia looks a little dejected. "Why do you get to go all these places where I'm chased out from... 'con-artist'; 'bad influence'... I'm just doing what Youkai do."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 25, 2019, 02:49:12 am
> Look at Mayina
> "Of course you don't, however if you see something that interests you don't be shy and tell us.  I feel that all we've done is drag you around and get you mixed up in our affairs which has almost gotten you killed twice, so I want to make it up somehow"

> Look to the rest of the group
> "Then Misty Lake it is!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 25, 2019, 02:55:08 am
>"Should we make a backup location to meet in case we can't get there for some reason or another?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 25, 2019, 08:40:05 am
> Add "And the back side of the SDM if Misty Lake is dangerous" instead of saying "Should we make a backup location to meet in case we can't get there for some reason or another?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 26, 2019, 02:12:12 am
> " Ooh Misty...do not feel down because we are setting right those rumours&suspicions by the good and worth of  Youkai&Fairies such as us are openly doing for Gensokyo,while still being Youkai-like&Fairy-Like,when working together at the right time shaking with surprise up &down those great doubts...

>"... like we have done by helping the Human Village alongside Keine despite all the strong doubts at us".

// Better encountr Sekibanki in private, and sooner or later the rest of the "Grassroots Youkai Network) " ,before mentioning her "Villager-ing"//.

// More Importantly, after exiting the Bamboo Forest,or on the way to or back from Misty Lake/SDM if "sneak" from that encounter , the group(- Wriggle) is going to meet up an informed Sumireko wrongly thinking ,due to Mayina, we are either accomplices of the Heretic Makaians or just being deceived...We could start out by exchanging presentations,explanations and info without trying to sneak , and perphaps even make a proposal to accompany us up to the SDM ... //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 26, 2019, 07:51:23 am
// Rumia does not know that she will encounter Sumireko (retcon happened) so it's important we don't let it influence any decisions.  So no trying to hide Mayina or disguise him
// Even though we all know what's gonna happen we have to ignore it to be in-character
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 26, 2019, 10:31:44 pm
> Look at Mayina
> "Of course you don't, however if you see something that interests you don't be shy and tell us.  I feel that all we've done is drag you around and get you mixed up in our affairs which has almost gotten you killed twice, so I want to make it up somehow"

> Look to the rest of the group
> "Then Misty Lake it is!"

> "I should be dead anyway..." he grumbles.

>"Should we make a backup location to meet in case we can't get there for some reason or another?"


> Add "And the back side of the SDM if Misty Lake is dangerous" instead of saying "Should we make a backup location to meet in case we can't get there for some reason or another?"

> "I... don't think the rear of the mansion would be much safer than the lake; considering the two are basically in the same place." Daiyousei points out.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 26, 2019, 11:00:57 pm
>"what would be a good backup location if we can't meet at the lake for whatever reason, then?"

>Turn to Mayina
>"And don't say things like that."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 26, 2019, 11:04:21 pm
> Add this to what we say to Mayina "cause ya' ain't dead till you're dead!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on May 29, 2019, 05:18:20 am
{My Command-Reply was missed ,however I am going to take this opportunity for better explanations. }

> Look to Mystia"  Misty...do not feel down because we are setting right those rumours&suspicions about a part of Youkai&Fairies such as us who are openly doing for Gensokyo,while still being Youkai-like&Fairy-Like,when working together at the right time shaking with surprise up &down those great doubts...

>"... like we have done by helping the Human Village alongside Keine despite all the strong doubts at us".

>Look To Daiyousei: " I was thinking if the Misty Lake becomes  or appears unsafe while the Mansion or its back withstands,though yes : what other place  if the whole area is too dangerous ,at least for us ? Smart observation,Dai!

//No worries  :) . Rumia, any character and status  are and must justly be oblivious regarding  the retcon;my explanations are just for us  players being ready to be well-responsive to Sumireko,like we had started,and then some. //

// Better encounter Sekibanki in private, and sooner or later the rest of the "Grassroots Youkai Network) " lest we risk out "Villager-ing"//.

// More Importantly, after exiting the Bamboo Forest or if we have delayed the encounter possibly on the way to or back from Misty Lake/SDM  , the group(- Wriggle) is going to meet up an informed Sumireko wrongly thinking ,due to Mayina, we are either accomplices or being deceived...We could  start out  by again exchanging explanations , info ,no sneak ,this time adding presentations and ,if agreed,even invite her to accompany us for a time (of course she is not going to be allowed inside SDM unless she becomes  known there,an Incident Resolver or a SDM-friendly  vouches for her). //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 29, 2019, 08:01:35 pm
>"what would be a good backup location if we can't meet at the lake for whatever reason, then?"

>Turn to Mayina
>"And don't say things like that."

> Add this to what we say to Mayina "cause ya' ain't dead till you're dead!"

> "The Forest." Daiyousei says.

> "Near the Temple?" Kogasa suggests.

> "The Hakurei... uh... scorch marks?" Mystia asks.
 
> "I am only alive because Yumeko saw this fate as worse." Mayina responds. "What would you be if all your powers were taken from you?"

{My Command-Reply was missed ,however I am going to take this opportunity for better explanations. }

> Look to Mystia"  Misty...do not feel down because we are setting right those rumours&suspicions about a part of Youkai&Fairies such as us who are openly doing for Gensokyo,while still being Youkai-like&Fairy-Like,when working together at the right time shaking with surprise up &down those great doubts...

>"... like we have done by helping the Human Village alongside Keine despite all the strong doubts at us".

>Look To Daiyousei: " I was thinking if the Misty Lake becomes  or appears unsafe while the Mansion or its back withstands,though yes : what other place  if the whole area is too dangerous ,at least for us ? Smart observation,Dai!

//No worries  :) . Rumia, any character and status  are and must justly be oblivious regarding  the retcon;my explanations are just for us  players being ready to be well-responsive to Sumireko,like we had started,and then some. //

// Better encounter Sekibanki in private, and sooner or later the rest of the "Grassroots Youkai Network) " lest we risk out "Villager-ing"//.

// More Importantly, after exiting the Bamboo Forest or if we have delayed the encounter possibly on the way to or back from Misty Lake/SDM  , the group(- Wriggle) is going to meet up an informed Sumireko wrongly thinking ,due to Mayina, we are either accomplices or being deceived...We could  start out  by again exchanging explanations , info ,no sneak ,this time adding presentations and ,if agreed,even invite her to accompany us for a time (of course she is not going to be allowed inside SDM unless she becomes  known there,an Incident Resolver or a SDM-friendly  vouches for her). //

// My bad, I forgot about the part that was an actual action nestled in the middle when posting. It would be easier if non-actions were kept together, instead of sandwiching actions between queries.

> Mystia makes a small chirping noise. "I guess you're right there... but it doesn't stop me being a little envious of Kogasa."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on May 29, 2019, 08:08:06 pm
>"No, not the Hakurei Shrine, that would be suicide... And didn't the Temple kick us out before?"
>"Forest might be a good bet then, but it's very big... was there a specific part you had in mind, Daiyousei?"

>Turn to Mayina
>Hands on hips.
>"Even if I was powerless, I'd still be alive and I'd still have a life to live."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 30, 2019, 12:42:37 am
// Time for a motivational act for Mayina

> "And I do know what it's like to have your powers removed!"
> Point at our ribbon and look a upset
> "Even worse I remember nothing about what I could possiblely have done to deserve this fate!"
> Turn around and hold our head as if trying to compose ourselves
> "Knowing what led to your punishment, however unfair the punishment might be is infinitely more bearable than being punished for an unknown crime you have no memory of committing"
> Turn around and face Mayina eye to eye this time looking sad
> "Losing your memories is like dying ... would you even be the same person?"
> Look at him expecting an honest and truthful answer

> Regardless of his answer afterwards say "Yet I still have the desire to live ... to be with my friends, help them when in need and have a good time"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on May 31, 2019, 09:40:26 pm
>"No, not the Hakurei Shrine, that would be suicide... And didn't the Temple kick us out before?"
>"Forest might be a good bet then, but it's very big... was there a specific part you had in mind, Daiyousei?"

>Turn to Mayina
>Hands on hips.
>"Even if I was powerless, I'd still be alive and I'd still have a life to live."

> "Yes; but there's the Light Fairies near it." Mystia remarks.

> "The Temple kicked us out of it, yes, but we could still use it as a landmark to gather near." Kogasa replies. "Also I doubt they'd chase me off given I live in the graveyard."

> "Maybe that place filled with all the fireflies that Wriggle spends a lot of time at." Daiyousei suggests.

> "You're not a daemon. You wouldn't understand." he groans.

// Time for a motivational act for Mayina

> "And I do know what it's like to have your powers removed!"
> Point at our ribbon and look a upset
> "Even worse I remember nothing about what I could possiblely have done to deserve this fate!"
> Turn around and hold our head as if trying to compose ourselves
> "Knowing what led to your punishment, however unfair the punishment might be is infinitely more bearable than being punished for an unknown crime you have no memory of committing"
> Turn around and face Mayina eye to eye this time looking sad
> "Losing your memories is like dying ... would you even be the same person?"
> Look at him expecting an honest and truthful answer

> Regardless of his answer afterwards say "Yet I still have the desire to live ... to be with my friends, help them when in need and have a good time"


> "You don't know. You don't remember what you lost. You know you had something because someone told you. It's not the same. Your memories being bound is a blessing."

> "Yes; the old you was essentially killed, and you were reborn anew. No memories, no powers, a new life. That is life and death in Makai. How we daemons live. Do you not understand? I am not a Youkai of Gensokyo. I am a daemon of Makai. We have different cultures, different faiths, different upbringings."

> A few sparks fly from Mayina's fingertips as he rants, and he looks at them curiously. Eirin looks up as well.

> "Great, I'm wasting what little magic I have left." he grumbled.

> "Or perhaps you are not as incompatible with our world as you may think." Eirin remarks. "Myself; Undonge and the Princess are not from Gensokyo either. While the difference is unlikely as drastic as Makai and Gensokyo, has any daemon actually ever seriously tried to get used to this realm? Giving up before even attempting seems foolish."

> The daemon scowled, looking at his fingertips again.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on May 31, 2019, 10:36:12 pm
> Look somewhat sad and confused while saying this
> "If the old me was killed and I am a completely different person as you say why should I be punished not once, not twice but perpetually for a random dead person's crimes?  I don't think it gets more unfair that that!
> "Nothing will bring back that person, even if Eirin somehow made medicine to help me remember everything whats been done has been done, they are gone and will only be a memory.  Its a death more permanent than death itself, no afterlife or any form of continuing for you got to have a soul for either and memories have neither!"
> "What crime could p o s s i b l y warrant not only erasing that person from existence but perpetually punishing an innocent for eternity?  Even mass human eating would *only* lead to extermination for the Youkai itself!"

> Look as optimistic as we can
> "As depressing as even thinking about this is I try and show as much optimism as I can, that things will turn out for the better as long as I stay positive and keep investigating"
> "Show a fraction of the optimism and carefree spirit Gensokyo is known for and I'm sure things will work out"
> "For you're just suffering from a lack of magical energy, not a disease or some THING" point at ribbon "stuck on you that's limiting every aspect of your body that you can't even touch without burning yourself!"
> "I promise I'll do what I can to help you with magic in Gensokyo, even if it means bringing you mana crystals from Makai until something more permanent is found"

> Look as reassuring as we can
> "So what do you say?  Will you at least try to be more optimistic from now on?"
> If we feel comfortable with extending our hand  for some sort of handshake do so (only do this if he seems like he might be in a position to accept)
Title: POLISHED-HIGHLIGHTED ★ :Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy&Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on June 01, 2019, 12:18:50 am
> Look somewhat sad and confused while saying this
> "If the old me was killed and I am a completely different person as you say why should I be punished not once, not twice but perpetually for a random dead person's crimes?  I don't think it gets more unfair that that!
> "Nothing will bring back that person, even if Eirin somehow made medicine to help me remember everything whats been done has been done, they are gone and will only be a memory.  Its a death more permanent than death itself, no afterlife or any form of continuing for you got to have a soul for either and memories have neither!"
> "What crime could p o s s i b l y warrant not only erasing that person from existence but perpetually punishing an innocent for eternity?  Even mass human eating would *only* lead to extermination for the Youkai itself!"

> Look as optimistic as we can
> "As depressing as even thinking about this is I try and show as much optimism as I can, that things will turn out for the better as long as I stay positive and keep investigating"
> "Show a fraction of the optimism and carefree spirit Gensokyo is known for and I'm sure things will work out"
> "For you're just suffering from a lack of magical energy, not a disease or some THING" point at ribbon "stuck on you that's limiting every aspect of your body that you can't even touch without burning yourself!"
> "I promise I'll do what I can to help you with magic in Gensokyo"

> Look as reassuring as we can
> "So what do you say?  Will you at least try to be more optimistic from now on?"
> If we feel comfortable with extending our hand  for some sort of handshake do so (only do this if he seems like he might be in a position to accept)
:wikipedia: :o // { Even if this planning/replies are simplified, it is still cool and might be even better }
Alright so,both sort-of hide-outs and their paths should have at the very least decent interchangeability and convenience for our Team, ,possess some level of  smart spreading-out and/or misdirections ~~~>>>
AS MORE OF A 2ND THAN 1ST HIDDEN-ISH GATHERING LOC. :"Kogasa's surprising Place" is the Graveyard  next-to the Myouren Temple with its BYAKUREN'S BUDDHIST DAEMON BARRIER,though proven ineffective to unliving familiars/conduits and should just cause pause and then minor trouble to High Makaians  ; there might very  well be  Sticking-out as  a group of 7-8 ,but also if fewer ,AND THE MYOUREN-STANDINGS ARE ACTUALLY among Neutral-Annoyance-Unfriendly (save for Kyouko&Chances for Reliable Acquaintances by her) UNTIL  WE MANAGE TO WORK THEM UP.
AS MORE OF A 1ST THAN 2ND QUALITY LOC. :
"Daiyousei's suggestion to Wriggle's Fireflies Gathering&Passages "with Wriggle conceding her approval,directions,advices ; GUARANTEED WE   COMMUNICATE WITH HER AND WILL NEED HER PRESENCE for best terrain knowledge+practice ; MAIN less trackabilty,higher smarter Gathering&Spreading&Return and Sharper Reactions  .
*These points are freely applicable to any Place/Movement/Instances who needs those,or close enough,standards*


> Wait out for responses minding not to edge over the limit that Daemon , Mayina , instead be focused and seek collaboration about "Helping  him  Comprehend&Acclimate to Gensokyo&Linked Places"  and only then ,when our bets are fairly hedged, "Help him to be sustained by a new magic/magic-like source "

> After that ,Cheerful Sage Nod  to Daiyousei,Wriggle,Kogasa&Mystia :" We could have more than 1 sort-of-hide-out both,even temporary ones if the measures call for them and we are not clumsy,especially that Tiny Forest of Fireflies and the Myourens' Graveyard as a Land-Mark .


>" Their importance is  : they are to be fairly hidden&hard-to-reach -not much for us though!ahahah!-&  -to-flee-to-from&friendly,even if we should still remain justly jumpy to counterattack launched or inflicted and any strange occurences,apt to be organized and have
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 02, 2019, 04:22:18 pm
// { Even if this planning/replies are simplified, it is still cool and could even  more effective }
Both hide-outs and pathing could/might be excellent as interchangeability when necessary to have more convenience, back-ups,spreading out and/or misdirections~~~>>> "Kogasa's surprising places" (s at the Myouren Temple'sGraveyard AND its outer reaches OR any passages&stops  between those,being a group of 7-8 but even if we are down to 4-5;*this should be valid regardless)AND "Daiyousei's to Wriggle's Fireflies Gathering or Linked ",Wriggle grants her approval and we are able to Reach&Gather,if only relatively minor trackability is the main concern(*this should be valid for every and any instances*),without her yet,to hide-out.


> Wait out for responses without edging over the limit that Daemon , Mayina , like "Helping to him to Do A Convenient Acclimation to Gensokyo(or Linked) and only then ,when our bets are hedged, supply him by a Trusted or magic-like source of power.

> After that ,Cheerful Nod Sage to Daiyouse,Wriggle,Kogasa&Mystia :" We could have more than 1 sort-of-hide-out both,even temporary ones if the measures call for them and we are not clumsy,especially that Tiny Forest of Fireflies and the Myourens' Graveyard as a Land-Mark .


>" Their importance is  : they are to be fairly hidden&hard-to-reach -not much for us though!ahahah!-&  -to-flee-to-from&friendly,even if we should still remain justly jumpy to counterattack launched or inflicted and any strange occurences,apt to be organized and have
//They're Not really hideouts, just backup places to meet.
>If Branneg doesn't respond to address this, change any mention of hideout to reflect such
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on June 06, 2019, 08:05:59 pm
[Been ill; sorry for delays]

> Look somewhat sad and confused while saying this
> "If the old me was killed and I am a completely different person as you say why should I be punished not once, not twice but perpetually for a random dead person's crimes?  I don't think it gets more unfair that that!
> "Nothing will bring back that person, even if Eirin somehow made medicine to help me remember everything whats been done has been done, they are gone and will only be a memory.  Its a death more permanent than death itself, no afterlife or any form of continuing for you got to have a soul for either and memories have neither!"
> "What crime could p o s s i b l y warrant not only erasing that person from existence but perpetually punishing an innocent for eternity?  Even mass human eating would *only* lead to extermination for the Youkai itself!"

> Look as optimistic as we can
> "As depressing as even thinking about this is I try and show as much optimism as I can, that things will turn out for the better as long as I stay positive and keep investigating"
> "Show a fraction of the optimism and carefree spirit Gensokyo is known for and I'm sure things will work out"
> "For you're just suffering from a lack of magical energy, not a disease or some THING" point at ribbon "stuck on you that's limiting every aspect of your body that you can't even touch without burning yourself!"
> "I promise I'll do what I can to help you with magic in Gensokyo, even if it means bringing you mana crystals from Makai until something more permanent is found"

> Look as reassuring as we can
> "So what do you say?  Will you at least try to be more optimistic from now on?"
> If we feel comfortable with extending our hand  for some sort of handshake do so (only do this if he seems like he might be in a position to accept)

> "I was willing involved in a plot to dethrone the Creator Goddess of my dimension. Can you think of a more severe crime; Youkai?" Mayina says.

> The Deamon grunts. "If you'll shut up and stop pestering me I guess I can complain a little less. How does that sound?"

// { Even if this planning/replies are simplified, it is still cool and could even  more effective }
Both hide-outs and pathing could/might be excellent as interchangeability when necessary to have more convenience, back-ups,spreading out and/or misdirections~~~>>> "Kogasa's surprising places" (s at the Myouren Temple'sGraveyard AND its outer reaches OR any passages&stops  between those,being a group of 7-8 but even if we are down to 4-5;*this should be valid regardless)AND "Daiyousei's to Wriggle's Fireflies Gathering or Linked ",Wriggle grants her approval and we are able to Reach&Gather,if only relatively minor trackability is the main concern(*this should be valid for every and any instances*),without her yet,to hide-out.


> Wait out for responses without edging over the limit that Daemon , Mayina , like "Helping to him to Do A Convenient Acclimation to Gensokyo(or Linked) and only then ,when our bets are hedged, supply him by a Trusted or magic-like source of power.

> After that ,Cheerful Nod Sage to Daiyouse,Wriggle,Kogasa&Mystia :" We could have more than 1 sort-of-hide-out both,even temporary ones if the measures call for them and we are not clumsy,especially that Tiny Forest of Fireflies and the Myourens' Graveyard as a Land-Mark .


>" Their importance is  : they are to be fairly hidden&hard-to-reach -not much for us though!ahahah!-&  -to-flee-to-from&friendly,even if we should still remain justly jumpy to counterattack launched or inflicted and any strange occurences,apt to be organized and have

> "There's not many places in Gensokyo that are hard for Youkai and Fairies to reach." Mystia says. "And those that are hard to reach are hard for us to reach as well."

> "But the firefly grove is hidden in the forest, it takes more effort to find than a graveyard." Wriggle says.

> "Even humans go there!" Kogasa points out happily... not helping her own case.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on June 06, 2019, 08:24:08 pm
> "Alright, I guess that's fair...  Don't be so hard on yourself though, you didn't know the extent of your master's plan, you were just scouting and don't get me wrong I do understand why you'd angry with the state of Makai, especially after seeing what Gensokyo looks like"
> "What you said makes me legitimately wonder what could have happened with me..."
> Turn to Eirin
> "Would you happen know anyone who would remember incidents that happened a long time ago?  Like before the spell card rules"
Title: "POLISHIGHLIGHT" :Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on June 10, 2019, 05:57:38 am
// This is not a new post but rather a Need Polishing&Highlighting of half of my previous one marked ""+-----+"" at start&end ,which has already been Edited ,whilst Waiting&Praying for Raikaria to get well from his illness among his responsibilities //

// Oh Heavens, I also typed and left too quickly for " ...Nod Sage to ... " rather than " Sage Nod to ... " //

+-----+ // { Even if this planning/replies are simplified, it is still cool and might be even better }
Alright so,both sort-of hide-outs and their paths should have at the very least decent interchangeability and convenience for our Team, ,possess some level of  smart spreading-out and/or misdirections ~~~>>>
AS MORE OF A 2ND THAN 1ST HIDDEN-ISH GATHERING LOC. :"Kogasa's surprising Place" is the Graveyard  next-to the Myouren Temple with its BYAKUREN'S BUDDHIST DAEMON BARRIER,though proven ineffective to unliving familiars/conduits and should just cause pause and then minor trouble to High Makaians  ; there might very  well be  Sticking-out as  a group of 7-8 ,but also if fewer ,AND THE MYOUREN-STANDINGS ARE ACTUALLY among Neutral-Annoyance-Unfriendly (save for Kyouko&Chances for Reliable Acquaintances by her) UNTIL  WE MANAGE TO WORK THEM UP.
AS MORE OF A 1ST THAN 2ND QUALITY LOC. :
"Daiyousei's suggestion to Wriggle's Fireflies Gathering&Passages "with Wriggle conceding her approval,directions,advices ; GUARANTEED WE   COMMUNICATE WITH HER AND WILL NEED HER PRESENCE for best terrain knowledge+practice ; MAIN less trackabilty,higher smarter Gathering&Spreading&Return and Sharper Reactions  .
*These points are freely applicable to any Place/Movement/Instances who needs those,or close enough,standards*


> Wait out for responses minding not to edge over the limit that Daemon , Mayina , instead be focused and seek collaboration about "Helping  him  Comprehend&Acclimate to Gensokyo&Linked Places"  and only then ,when our bets are fairly hedged, "Help him to be sustained by a new magic/magic-like source " . +-----+
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on June 12, 2019, 09:20:20 pm
> "Alright, I guess that's fair...  Don't be so hard on yourself though, you didn't know the extent of your master's plan, you were just scouting and don't get me wrong I do understand why you'd angry with the state of Makai, especially after seeing what Gensokyo looks like"
> "What you said makes me legitimately wonder what could have happened with me..."
> Turn to Eirin
> "Would you happen know anyone who would remember incidents that happened a long time ago?  Like before the spell card rules"

> "Scouting for weapons to use to bring down a Goddess." Mayina states. "A divine tool like that Grimoire may have the power to contest even Shinki's magic. Especially if her unwillingness to do what must be done stops her using her full power."

> "Well; I know history well, but not of this world; I know the history of the Moon." Eirin says. "As for history of Gensokyo? There's Keine, who is a historian by nature. Akyuu, the chronicler of Gensokyo's history. But those two are Humans. I suppose the Tengu should be quite knowledgeable as the Crows gather information as their jobs, as well as any long-lived Youkai. Tewi may even be quite knowledgeable, if you can convince her to actually talk on such a topic. There's also Fuji..."

> Kaguya gives Eirin a somewhat dirty look, and she stops.

> "Fujiwara no Mokou." Alice says. "She's probably the one Keine mentioned before. She's an Immortal."

> "I would rather you refrain from mentioning that girl in my household." Kaguya says in an annoyed tone.

> "Regardless; the one who would in all liklihood know Gensokyo's history better than anyone is Yukari Yakumo." Eirin concludes. "Given she had at least a very significant hand in it's very creation."

// This is not a new post but rather a Need Polishing&Highlighting of half of my previous one marked ""+-----+"" at start&end ,which has already been Edited ,whilst Waiting&Praying for Raikaria to get well from his illness among his responsibilities //

The combo of being ill then having to catch up on life things after you are no longer ill :/
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on June 13, 2019, 05:50:23 am
> "Well I don't think your master to has to Shinki's daughter's book, that's something Marisa would do... that's just mean and Alice doesn't even live there or take part in what happens there, why should she be punished for something that's not her fault"
> "From what I know the humans managed to wipe out all Youkai and even gods in the outside world without even using magic... whatever they did must have been powerful"

> "We should probably get going, thank you for helping Sakuya and for letting us stay for tea.  I hope you find the Makaian apple interesting in your experiments"
> Once everyone's ready head off for Misty Lake
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 13, 2019, 06:10:53 am
>Don't leave just yet.
>"Just to be clear: We all know what to do and where to go in the event things go bad, right?"

//Did we ever concretely decide on a safe location to meet up? I know like three ideas were suggested but was there ever one decided on between Rumia and everyone else?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on June 13, 2019, 02:51:52 pm
// Yep, Misty Lake and if not, near Myouren Temple
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on June 15, 2019, 02:10:41 am
// Yep, Misty Lake and if not, near Myouren Temple
/Right-o Mysty Lake and Myouren Temple Graveyard(both are too Vulnerable fo a group like ours,even reduced,especially the 2nd one,at least for the current Knowledge/Situation)//.

//  Then it Converted to check out(by Daiyousei)more discreet passages/zones within those above with an earnable mostly-safe(added by me,so to make the reply easier to be found,is the aim of earning entrance to Inner,or Intermediate ,Myouren Temple) //.


//Finally there's the Grand Addition,for it is the most discreet once navigated ,of  the Forest of Magic's Firefly Groove by Wriggle
(Rumia's Closest Friend) //.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on June 16, 2019, 10:08:50 pm
> "Well I don't think your master to has to Shinki's daughter's book, that's something Marisa would do... that's just mean and Alice doesn't even live there or take part in what happens there, why should she be punished for something that's not her fault"
> "From what I know the humans managed to wipe out all Youkai and even gods in the outside world without even using magic... whatever they did must have been powerful"


> "It indeed is something Marisa does... that's why the Grimoire is locked." Alice says.

> "Technology." Eirin remarks. "That and a lack of belief in youkai and magic existing, which weakens magic."

>Don't leave just yet.
>"Just to be clear: We all know what to do and where to go in the event things go bad, right?"

//Did we ever concretely decide on a safe location to meet up? I know like three ideas were suggested but was there ever one decided on between Rumia and everyone else?

> "Head to the Misty Lake; if it's safe there, because of those vampires on our side." Mystia says.

> "Graveyard if it's not safe there." Kogasa adds.

> "And my Grove if that also isn't safe." Wriggle finishes.

Quote
> "We should probably get going, thank you for helping Sakuya and for letting us stay for tea.  I hope you find the Makaian apple interesting in your experiments"
> Once everyone's ready head off for Misty Lake

> "I am a doctor; it is my duty to aid the injured." Eirin insists. "There is no need to thank me."

> "And you made my morning more interesting." Kaguya remarks.

>  You; Mayina; Daiyousei; Cirno; Mystia and Kogasa leave Eientei; following the path out. Wriggle stays behind with Alice. You also take the communication doll called Riga.

--

> You and the others head out of the Bamboo Forest, following the trail from Eientei, having no mishaps while doing so. You are very careful to stick to the path however, given the name of the Forest. You mark Eientei's location, although when you leave the Bamboo Forest, it vanishes. It is nearing midday.

> As you head towards the Scarlet Mansion, you notice an unusual sight. A flying Human. That you don't recognize. She sticks out like a sore thumb as well with her somewhat flamboyant appearance, complete with a cape, and bright purple clothing.

> Upon noticeing your group; what seems to be... cards fly out of her pocket and start swirling around her, as she floats up and looks down upon you.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2565/30d1322eb449d12eb5638cad3c586a90241d5525.jpg?2673112)
> Sumireko Usami
> Torn Between Dream and Reality

> "Oh my, they're even here in the Dream Utopia of Gensokyo." the girl says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 16, 2019, 10:31:10 pm
>Wave
>"Hi there. We come in peace. Don't mind the demon that's with us, he's no longer with the others. I'm Rumia, who might you be?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on June 17, 2019, 07:47:46 am
// That sounds out of place, this isn't Space Invaders ~ Light and Darkness.  We have no idea she's an outsider nor that she even knows what a daemon is
> Don't say the above

> "Hi there!  I'm Rumia!"
> Introduce the rest of our group (or let them introduce themselves)
> "And who might you be?"
> Keep a cheery childish face the whole time while talking to her

> Also add sidequest to investigate or figure out what Eirin calls "technology" is, as it sounds very dangerous and we can't let the heretics get their hands on it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 17, 2019, 08:28:46 am
>Do say the part about the demon/Mayina. She did say 'they' so she might attack us by association if we don't address it.

//Also worth noting that we can infer that she isn't from gensokyo, since she said "they're even here in gensokyo" :P
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on June 17, 2019, 09:16:18 am
// I doubt Rumia has ever met an outsider so I doubt she'd directly come to that conclusion, it would be much more likely to suspect she's Makaian or some weirdo human that learned magic.  Wizards *do* go to Makai to practice and get stronger from the magical energy after all.
// So a good in-character strategy would be to cheerfully and indirectly test and see if shes heretic with certain key questions (among other general questions we actually want to ask her)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on June 18, 2019, 12:11:10 am
> After introductions unless cut short: " Hey Miss(her name) , may we know where do you come from ? Not from Gensokyo or Makai? "

> Then add:"That,uh?No worries if you are referring to Mayina, he was 1 among those Makaians who are trying and raiding Gensokyo&Close-By and yet he is no longer so since he ended up powerless,was left into my custody and he is sticking close for rehabilitaton&adaption here!".

> " ...But, from what you are saying,  not just  Gensokyo and Close-By are involved,right ? "
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on June 18, 2019, 12:00:38 pm
> Don't ask the outsider part, Just general inquiry on where she might be from
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on June 18, 2019, 10:58:48 pm
// That sounds out of place, this isn't Space Invaders ~ Light and Darkness.  We have no idea she's an outsider nor that she even knows what a daemon is
> Don't say the above

> "Hi there!  I'm Rumia!"
> Introduce the rest of our group (or let them introduce themselves)

> Don't mind the demon that's with us, he's no longer with the others. I'm Rumia, who might you be?"

> "And who might you be?"
> Keep a cheery childish face the whole time while talking to her


> Also add sidequest to investigate or figure out what Eirin calls "technology" is, as it sounds very dangerous and we can't let the heretics get their hands on it

> The human stays on guard as you introduce yoursef; and the others; minus Mayina, follow.

> When you mention he is not with the others, the human looks confused.

> "Not with the others? Well; assuming that's the truth, that means Gensokyo isn't the cause. And the mention of 'the others' means Gensokyo is also probably under attack..."

> The cards fly back into the girl's pocket.

> "Sumireko Usami." the girl says. "President of the Secret Sealing Club."

// You know if it has anything to do with Technology; it's best to ask the Kappa.

> After introductions unless cut short: " Hey Miss(her name) , may we know where do you come from ? Not from Gensokyo or Makai? "

> Then add:"That,uh?No worries if you are referring to Mayina, he was 1 among those Makaians who are trying and raiding Gensokyo&Close-By and yet he is no longer so since he ended up powerless,was left into my custody and he is sticking close for rehabilitaton&adaption here!".

> " ...But, from what you are saying,  not just  Gensokyo and Close-By are involved,right ? "

> "I'm from the Outside World. Well; technically I'm still there, but my consciousness enters Gensokyo when I dream after some events a little while ago." Sumireko states.

> "What's a Makai?" she asks; tilting her head.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 19, 2019, 04:07:28 am
>"You're an outsider? That's cool. What's the outside world like?"
>"Oh, and Makai is the demon realm that's full of toxic air. However, magicians like to train there because it's chock full of stuff that benefits magic. Some rogue faction from there has been causing trouble recently."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on June 19, 2019, 01:49:04 pm
> "I don't want to overwhelm you with too many questions, considering we just met but I've heard there's no magic or Youkai in the outside world due to something called technology, how can something cause extinction like that?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on June 19, 2019, 10:41:57 pm
>"You're an outsider? That's cool. What's the outside world like?"
>"Oh, and Makai is the demon realm that's full of toxic air. However, magicians like to train there because it's chock full of stuff that benefits magic. Some rogue faction from there has been causing trouble recently."

> "It would be difficult to explain it, since it's filled with things you have never seen before. It's filled with massive cities with buildings that touch the skies, in contrast to the small human villiage that exists here." the girl replies.

> "So you are saying there are other occult and hidden realms than Gensokyo and the Lunar Capital? I probobly shouldn't find a way there however. I caused a few... uh... issues when I first crossed over here. You guys call it an Incident. My dreaming is a result of that in fact.." the girl says somewhat sheepishly.

> "I don't want to overwhelm you with too many questions, considering we just met but I've heard there's no magic or Youkai in the outside world due to something called technology, how can something cause extinction like that?"

> "There's magic in the Outside World; but it's very rare and usually linked to bloodlines." the girl replies. "I have ESP; for example. I can move things with my mind. My younger sister seems to have an ability of sorts too, although I'm not yet sure of her magical capacity. Renko says her friend can do magic too. As for there being less magic, not sure. Happened before I was born and there's not exactly much record of what happened. People just... stopped believing in magic, and human weaponry developed to the point Youkai lost."

[Going with Renko as a younger sister to Sumi because Maribel and Renko are usually stated to be 'near future' so I doubt there's much of a gap; especially as the Sealing Club would have to continue between Sumi leaving University and Renko joining]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 19, 2019, 10:52:58 pm
>"I doubt you'd be able to breathe in Makai if you went there anyway. I couldn't even go there without a special magic bubble over my head. It is a beautiful place, though, if not tough. Plus there's the whole hierarchy and everything, and the bandits to worry about... Plus the whole situation going on right now with the rogue faction."
>Shrug
>"Anyway I wonder what happened to make people stop believing and such out there..."

[Going with Renko as a younger sister to Sumi because Maribel and Renko are usually stated to be 'near future' so I doubt there's much of a gap; especially as the Sealing Club would have to continue between Sumi leaving University and Renko joining]
//I also have a headcanon that Renko and Sumireko are siblings. lol

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on June 20, 2019, 01:15:38 am
// Well she didn't know about Makai before we talked about it so no heretic here
> Imagine a town somewhat larger than the human village with buildings tall enough to reach the sky and make a mental note of what we think it'd look like.  In case we see something like one or a picture of one later"
> "Can't let that happen here or in Makai!"
> In lower voice think aloud "Huh, if technology can make magic stop existing in a world I wonder if something else can recreate it... like reverse-technology!"
> Look back up at Sumireko
> "How exactly did *everyone* just stop believing in it?  That's like saying all Youkai and Humans just stopped eating meat!  Surely many would stick to what tastes best!  Surely there was someone pushing such a change, things as bad as that don't just happen"
> Feel our stomach as thinking about meat sure is appetizing
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on June 21, 2019, 06:32:33 pm
>"But not human meat! I don't do that anymore."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on June 21, 2019, 11:00:22 pm


> "So you are saying there are other occult and hidden realms than Gensokyo and the Lunar Capital? I probobly shouldn't find a way there however. I caused a few... uh... issues when I first crossed over here. You guys call it an Incident. My dreaming is a result of that in fact.." the girl says somewhat sheepishly.


> " Well,right now you Dern more ready to make-up for that Incident by helping resolving one,the current one with the Makai Rogue Heretical Faction not only trying to invade Gensokyo but also trying to steal artifacts, items of magic and breaking the Barrier-Seal between Gensokyo and Makai...

> "...Oh ,in fact we were on our way to the Scarlet Devil Mansion to do&receive sort-of-reports about a couple recent ...violent developments and so...

> " ...of course unless you have more important stuff to check-out,how about you to accompany us there even if it is just to get better acquainted with Gensokyo?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on June 25, 2019, 10:15:01 pm
>"I doubt you'd be able to breathe in Makai if you went there anyway. I couldn't even go there without a special magic bubble over my head. It is a beautiful place, though, if not tough. Plus there's the whole hierarchy and everything, and the bandits to worry about... Plus the whole situation going on right now with the rogue faction."
>Shrug
>"Anyway I wonder what happened to make people stop believing and such out there..."
//I also have a headcanon that Renko and Sumireko are siblings. lol

> "I mean, I'm not really in a physical form. This is some kind of astral projection that occurs when I sleep." the human states. "Sounds like trouble; but that's probably expected of daemons."

> "The faith of people changed from the occult to science. From fantasy to reality."

// Well she didn't know about Makai before we talked about it so no heretic here
> Imagine a town somewhat larger than the human village with buildings tall enough to reach the sky and make a mental note of what we think it'd look like.  In case we see something like one or a picture of one later"
> "Can't let that happen here or in Makai!"
> In lower voice think aloud "Huh, if technology can make magic stop existing in a world I wonder if something else can recreate it... like reverse-technology!"
> Look back up at Sumireko
> "How exactly did *everyone* just stop believing in it?  That's like saying all Youkai and Humans just stopped eating meat!  Surely many would stick to what tastes best!  Surely there was someone pushing such a change, things as bad as that don't just happen"
> Feel our stomach as thinking about meat sure is appetizing

> You try to imagine buildings that large. You think it would be even bigger than Pandemonium, and that was a castle of a Goddess...

> "Well; it happened over a long time, not overnight. From what I've been told; it was slow enough that places like Gensokyo were able to be created." Sumireko says. "I mean, I'm only 16; not over three-hundred. Humans don't even get close to living that long on a good life."

> The girl doesn't seem bothered by the mention of eating meat.

>"But not human meat! I don't do that anymore."

> "Well of course, or you'd probably have attacked a lone human floating in the air already. To no avail; of course. You can't eat my astral form. I hope."

> " Well,right now you Dern more ready to make-up for that Incident by helping resolving one,the current one with the Makai Rogue Heretical Faction not only trying to invade Gensokyo but also trying to steal artifacts, items of magic and breaking the Barrier-Seal between Gensokyo and Makai...

> "...Oh ,in fact we were on our way to the Scarlet Devil Mansion to do&receive sort-of-reports about a couple recent ...violent developments and so...

> " ...of course unless you have more important stuff to check-out,how about you to accompany us there even if it is just to get better acquainted with Gensokyo?"

> "Scarlet Mansion?" Sumireko asks.

> "I was hoping to meet up with Mokou for some advice about what to do on my end." Sumireko responds. "But Mokou isn't at her usual place."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on June 26, 2019, 02:34:57 am
//Have we met Mokou? I forget.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on June 26, 2019, 07:16:39 am
// I think Kaguya mentioned her

> This technology must be god-like in terms of power if it can make not one but multiple towns like that

> "So you're only a projection?  Have you ever thought of coming here permanently?  Seems to me that magic fascinates you more that anything, especially since you have an ability that you didn't have to learn, just like everyone here."

> "Why don't you come along with us, we're trying to find who's responsible so I'm sure we'll run into other people investigating"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on June 29, 2019, 03:43:58 am
// I think Kaguya mentioned her

> This technology must be god-like in terms of power if it can make not one but multiple towns like that

> "So you're only a projection?  Have you ever thought of coming here permanently?  Seems to me that magic fascinates you more that anything, especially since you have an ability that you didn't have to learn, just like everyone here."

> "Why don't you come along with us, we're trying to find who's responsible so I'm sure we'll run into other people investigating"

// "Fujiwara no Mokou" we have not met or known(though team-mates could know a bit) but she was mentioned at Eientei firstly by Eirin,interrupted by Kaguya,and then explained by Alice to be a possible source of Knowledge about Gensokyo's History (1st would be Yukari ,as it was spoken,but also Ran and Kasen would be fit ); Kaguya was remarking her displeasure at hearing about her //.

// Not that any of the characters ,Rumia's Group&Relations,know this but she was not "at her usual place" because  Keine sought&brought her out as main aid with the fire-attack aftermath at the Human Village&Security //.

>" And besides I do remember ,though someone in my group could know better, the  name "Fujwara no Mokou",even if Princess Kaguya disliked it,while we were at Eiente in The Bamboo Forest of the Lost,so you could have bigger chances to meet her ,in addition to traveling,getting-to-know,helping in incident resolving,in traveling with us for how long you like or need ; especially so if you are not finding her at her usual place and with Gensokyo half-troubled state"

> "Aaah,if it helps any, the Scarlet Mansion or Scarlet Devil Mansion is by the Misty Lake and (unless untrue and so not to mention)fairly close to Youkai Mountain"

> "But hey,Miss Sumireko,you were saying you have recently  encountered and deal with Heretic Makaians in Gensokyo ? Do you remember the place ?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 03, 2019, 08:38:10 pm
// I think Kaguya mentioned her

> This technology must be god-like in terms of power if it can make not one but multiple towns like that

> "So you're only a projection?  Have you ever thought of coming here permanently?  Seems to me that magic fascinates you more that anything, especially since you have an ability that you didn't have to learn, just like everyone here."

> "Why don't you come along with us, we're trying to find who's responsible so I'm sure we'll run into other people investigating"

> "I can't." Sumireko replies. "It caused some problems when I came over physically before. It's pretty hard for someone of the mordern world to cross over without causing problems."

> "It could be interesting..." the girl muses, seeming to have not made up her mind.

>" And besides I do remember ,though someone in my group could know better, the  name "Fujwara no Mokou",even if Princess Kaguya disliked it,while we were at Eiente in The Bamboo Forest of the Lost,so you could have bigger chances to meet her ,in addition to traveling,getting-to-know,helping in incident resolving,in traveling with us for how long you like or need ; especially so if you are not finding her at her usual place and with Gensokyo half-troubled state"

> "Aaah,if it helps any, the Scarlet Mansion or Scarlet Devil Mansion is by the Misty Lake and (unless untrue and so not to mention)fairly close to Youkai Mountain"

> "But hey,Miss Sumireko,you were saying you have recently  encountered and deal with Heretic Makaians in Gensokyo ? Do you remember the place ?"

> "I didn't meet any here, but there were some causing trouble in my world." she says. "Looking for things that could be useful. Most people didn't seem to even be able to see them... I put it down to a lack of magic. But they were causing trouble. I managed to shoo them off. They looked a bit like him, but in suits and female."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 03, 2019, 08:45:14 pm
>"Yeah, that sounds like them alright... I guess they might be getting desperate if they're looking in the outside world of all places..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 04, 2019, 01:21:22 am
> "What kind of things were they thinking were useful?  For example here they were after a book, so they might also be after something similar there too"
> "Did they come out of some sort of portal or did they seem to just materialize into existence?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 06, 2019, 04:39:57 pm
> " Oh, now I am wondering if Koakuma ,over at the Mansion I was talking about,has more experience about what they do when hunting magical artifacts...".

>"Ah,you do not know Koakuma,so I can tell you she has reddish hair and does resembles the ones you encountered ,which are Female Koas like her,but she is the familiar of Patchouli Knowledge,the Youkai Magician of that Mansion and a denizen of it as well,making her practically a Gensokyan ".
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 09, 2019, 04:44:13 am
//Note: I will be on vacation for about a week. While I won't be completely gone my online presence will be rather limited so if this updates I'll probably be posting my actions very late into the day.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 10, 2019, 10:32:50 pm
I don't know about anyone else, but I have been having issues even getting onto the site last few days, connection timeouts ect. And it's very slow when it does work.

///

>"Yeah, that sounds like them alright... I guess they might be getting desperate if they're looking in the outside world of all places..."

> "What kind of things were they thinking were useful?  For example here they were after a book, so they might also be after something similar there too"
> "Did they come out of some sort of portal or did they seem to just materialize into existence?"

> "They were actually specifically looking for a Grimoire, at least, they mentioned such a thing. I'd recon they just had no clue where it was. And probably didn't know how rare magic is on the outside." Sumireiko states.

> "I haven't seen them come in, but they did use a portal to leave. One of them opened one as they fled. It closed before I could follow, although if the place is toxic as you say, it's probably a good thing I didn't follow them with my physical self."

> " Oh, now I am wondering if Koakuma ,over at the Mansion I was talking about,has more experience about what they do when hunting magical artifacts...".

>"Ah,you do not know Koakuma,so I can tell you she has reddish hair and does resembles the ones you encountered ,which are Female Koas like her,but she is the familiar of Patchouli Knowledge,the Youkai Magician of that Mansion and a denizen of it as well,making her practically a Gensokyan ".

> "Well; perhaps asking her would be a good idea then. A native may know things most don't; even if she's been out f the loop for a while." Sumireiko states.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 11, 2019, 12:26:41 am
//On mobile and it's indeed extremely slow.

>"Speaking of natives, how are you holding up, Mayina?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 11, 2019, 08:28:25 am
// Yeah it is slow but it's usable, certificate errors have gone away too, hopefully we can go back to the usual pace now that everyone has access

> Come to think of it we don't really know of any abilities Mayina might have, could it be making portals?  Since pretty much everyone has some form of an ability he must have something

> See if we can telepathically trigger the communication doll so we can let Alice know about this without anyone noticing

> "So they went all the way to the outside world to look for the Grimoire ... that's dedication!"

> We're sort of repeating her answer but this time with the doll active so Alice hears it, after we say that break the connection

// Check EXP needed to level up Rumia's totally existant espionage skill
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 11, 2019, 08:49:12 pm
//
I was outright getting timeouts because it was taking so long. Seems better today however
//

>"Speaking of natives, how are you holding up, Mayina?"

> The daemon grunts, and doesn't give a verbal response.

> Come to think of it we don't really know of any abilities Mayina might have, could it be making portals?  Since pretty much everyone has some form of an ability he must have something

> See if we can telepathically trigger the communication doll so we can let Alice know about this without anyone noticing

> "So they went all the way to the outside world to look for the Grimoire ... that's dedication!"

> We're sort of repeating her answer but this time with the doll active so Alice hears it, after we say that break the connection

// Check EXP needed to level up Rumia's totally existant espionage skill

> You consider the fact that Mayina's ability may involve portals. That said; Sumi said the deamons in her world made a portal too. But powers don't have to be unique... and hey; that Okina person can make portals with doors.

> You attempt to trigger to doll telepathically, but this dosen't work. It needs magic to activate.

> "Breaking into this dimension normally is child's play." Mayina remarks. "Breaking into this bubble that is Gensokyo is the real feat."

> You activate the doll with a small amount of magic so Alice hears your statement and Mayina's.

> Espionage is listed as a skill; but it's at Lv -; it's outside your class; so takes an inordinate amount of XP to level. Your class being 'Darkness Youkai'.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 12, 2019, 12:07:11 am
> Huh, maybe portals are indeed his ability, considering he proudly managed to get past a barrier many others failed to...

> Nod to Mayina in understanding

> "Well then, want to come with us and talk to miss Scarlet about her encounter with another vampire?  I'm sure you don't get to hear many vampire stories over there!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 12, 2019, 09:12:46 pm
> Huh, maybe portals are indeed his ability, considering he proudly managed to get past a barrier many others failed to...

> Nod to Mayina in understanding

> "Well then, want to come with us and talk to miss Scarlet about her encounter with another vampire?  I'm sure you don't get to hear many vampire stories over there!"

> Mayina looks a little surprised by your response for a moment.

> "A Vampire's mansion dosen't seem like a place a human should be going... but I'm not in the flesh so..." Sumireko muses, before nodding.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 12, 2019, 10:09:56 pm
> "They're nice people, we were playing tag with her little sister earlier!"

> Only say the following if we know about the Vampire Incident or know that the SDM residents are foreigners
> "I've heard that they were originally from the outside world too, maybe you'll be interested in asking them about how the outside world was when they left and they might want to know how it looks now"

> Say this in a gossipy tone, like Aya when she knows an especially scandalous story
> "Besides aren't you curious to meet the residents of the very fancy mansion at the far side of the lake?" Point towards the Scarlet Mansion
> "Its one-of-a-kind here in Gensokyo!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 13, 2019, 01:20:46 am
>Do we know about the prismriver mansion? It is also near the misty lake.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 13, 2019, 06:42:18 pm
> "They're nice people, we were playing tag with her little sister earlier!"

> Only say the following if we know about the Vampire Incident or know that the SDM residents are foreigners
> "I've heard that they were originally from the outside world too, maybe you'll be interested in asking them about how the outside world was when they left and they might want to know how it looks now"

> Say this in a gossipy tone, like Aya when she knows an especially scandalous story
> "Besides aren't you curious to meet the residents of the very fancy mansion at the far side of the lake?" Point towards the Scarlet Mansion
> "Its one-of-a-kind here in Gensokyo!"

> "I suppose that was during the night. It seems a little odd that Vampires would play tag..."

> It's quite well known that the SDM crew are from outside, the thing did randomly turn up on the Misty Lake one day; and you and Cirno got beat up by Reimu during that incident...

> You would point towards the SDM, but you're not even in sight of the Lake, let alone the mansion.

> "I never said I wouldn't go." the human says. "Although if I were here in the flesh I'd probably not risk it."

>Do we know about the prismriver mansion? It is also near the misty lake.

> You do not know of it.

// [It's hidden in the woods, and to an outsider would look like a disused building. The sisters don't look after it, and if anything make it worse due to their Poltergeist antics.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 13, 2019, 06:50:59 pm
>"Well it was the younger sister, Flandre, who wanted to play tag. Both the resident vampires look like kids, but Flan acts closer to her physical age."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 13, 2019, 10:31:48 pm
> Start heading towards the mansion, seeing if Sumireko follows

> If she doesn't seem to be following say something between the lines of "Are ya coming?" and "Its this way" (while pointing towards where we want her to go)

> While on the way lets check out the doll a bit more in depth
> Instead of holding it levitate it using a small barrier from now on so it looks like its hovering right in front of us
> Try and make it wave its hand once using tiny ring barriers

> Remember to later ask Alice if she could sense on her side the movements the doll made (Like if movement is also connected or its just sound)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 14, 2019, 09:18:04 pm
>"Well it was the younger sister, Flandre, who wanted to play tag. Both the resident vampires look like kids, but Flan acts closer to her physical age."

> "Sister Vampires huh?" Sumireko muses, before she seems to recall something.

> "I think they appeared in those nightmares I had a while ago... that said, a lot of Gensokyians did."

> Start heading towards the mansion, seeing if Sumireko follows

> If she doesn't seem to be following say something between the lines of "Are ya coming?" and "Its this way" (while pointing towards where we want her to go)

> While on the way lets check out the doll a bit more in depth
> Instead of holding it levitate it using a small barrier from now on so it looks like its hovering right in front of us
> Try and make it wave its hand once using tiny ring barriers

> Remember to later ask Alice if she could sense on her side the movements the doll made (Like if movement is also connected or its just sound)

> The human is following.

> You attempt to make a barrier around the doll successfully, but when you try and make smaller ones to manipulate it, you can't. It's too precise work. You simply can't make, let alone move, barriers that small. You're afraid doing so would break the doll instead.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 14, 2019, 11:22:00 pm
> Alright, leave the precise movements for now and just keep it floating near us with the barrier

> Do we have the ability to choose between focusing normal and darkness magic on things like the doll?  Kind of like creating regular and darkness danmaku and lasers.

> "Nightmares?  With various Gensokyans?"
> Feel the urge and make a motion to ask if we were in them but don't actually ask
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 16, 2019, 08:37:38 pm
> Alright, leave the precise movements for now and just keep it floating near us with the barrier

> Do we have the ability to choose between focusing normal and darkness magic on things like the doll?  Kind of like creating regular and darkness danmaku and lasers.

> "Nightmares?  With various Gensokyans?"
> Feel the urge and make a motion to ask if we were in them but don't actually ask

> "Yes; I think it was a Baku getting some revenge for some trouble I inadvertently caused her or something." the human says.

// I'm not actually sure about the specifics of your question here. Your Darkness is your ability, not really a magic spell or anything.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 16, 2019, 09:50:43 pm
> Specifically activating the doll while darkening our magic?  Like how we can darken objects, create darkness danmaku etc but darkening the magical energy itself.  So that the doll still activates but Alice knows something's different or 'opposite'

> Ask "What's a Baku?" While tilting our head like a curious child
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 17, 2019, 07:23:22 pm
> Specifically activating the doll while darkening our magic?  Like how we can darken objects, create darkness danmaku etc but darkening the magical energy itself.  So that the doll still activates but Alice knows something's different or 'opposite'

> Ask "What's a Baku?" While tilting our head like a curious child

> You attempt to do this, but nothing seems different. Alice said it specifically runs on your magic, so it probably doesn't matter how you use your magic.

> "Dream Creature." Sumireko says. "Apparently there's some kind of dream world."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 17, 2019, 07:30:56 pm
>"Dream world, huh...? You don't think Makai's going to be invading our dreams too, do you?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 17, 2019, 10:07:50 pm
> Are we able to activate the doll only for moments at a time without it being easily noticeable?  Like discreetly activate it for a second then deactivate it

> "Dream World?  So its an actual world like this one and Makai?"
> In lower voice "What if a portal could be opened between them and you could enter fully awake?"  In even lower voice "... and bring things back?"
> Drool at the thought of all-you-can-eat steaks...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 18, 2019, 09:08:40 pm
>"Dream world, huh...? You don't think Makai's going to be invading our dreams too, do you?"

> "I honestly don't know enough about the Dream World. I don't even know if you can physically travel there." Sumireiko says.

> Are we able to activate the doll only for moments at a time without it being easily noticeable?  Like discreetly activate it for a second then deactivate it

> "Dream World?  So its an actual world like this one and Makai?"
> In lower voice "What if a portal could be opened between them and you could enter fully awake?"  In even lower voice "... and bring things back?"
> Drool at the thought of all-you-can-eat steaks...

> Yes, although you imagine that might annoy Alice thinking you're trying to contact her and then immediately hanging up.

> "I think so, I didn't explore it. The Baku never let me." the girl says.

> "Well if that's a good thing entirely depends on what lives there. Surely; a Dream World would also house nightmares... are you drooling?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 18, 2019, 09:22:45 pm
> In deep thought and low voice "Now would food created in a dream but brought into the real world still be filling?  No matter how much I eat in a dream I'm still hungry when I wake up..."
> Snap out of it and look at Sumireko while wiping our face

> "You were saying??  Aaah Nightmares"
> "If you're fully awake they shouldn't be too much of a problem since you could make them go away by thinking of doing so, isn't only because you're asleep and your mind is fuzzy that you believe that stuff?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 20, 2019, 08:05:21 pm
> In deep thought and low voice "Now would food created in a dream but brought into the real world still be filling?  No matter how much I eat in a dream I'm still hungry when I wake up..."
> Snap out of it and look at Sumireko while wiping our face

> "You were saying??  Aaah Nightmares"
> "If you're fully awake they shouldn't be too much of a problem since you could make them go away by thinking of doing so, isn't only because you're asleep and your mind is fuzzy that you believe that stuff?"

> "I don't know..." Sumireko says again. "I hardly know anything about the Dream World. I don't even know how I ended up there, or annoyed that Baku."

> "I mean, I'm asleep now in the Human World, does that mean Gensokyo stops existing if I wake up?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 20, 2019, 10:51:46 pm
> How much closer to the SDM are we since we started talking?

> "You're right, nothing stops existing, so whats in the Dream World has got to be real in some sense...  Also dimensional portals are indeed a thing so maybe its possible"

> "Since those heretics could strike again at any time in your world and you can't stay asleep forever I wonder if you know some way to stay in contact while you're awake?  Like perhaps some objects we could enchant perhaps"  Temporarily form two small darkness barriers and a thin line/cylinder physical barrier in the middle and point at them to help explain what we're thinking about to Sumireko

> "Say, you're pretty knowledgeable when it comes to magic, would you happen to know of ways weaker Youkai like us could become stronger?  We had a close encounter with an incredibly strong vampire earlier and realize that we might be in a little over our heads with investigating this incident so any help would be greatly appreciated"
Title: *+E.D.I.T.E.D.+* Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 21, 2019, 01:51:04 am


> "Well if that's a good thing entirely depends on what lives there. Surely; a Dream World would also house nightmares... are you drooling?"

> // Tom's// How much is left to the SDM?

> Wait for Sumireko to think&answeer the previous inquiries.

> Friendly and Pondering Tone : " Ah-ah! If Dreams&Nigthmares have their own reality,they also need some  Balance and Safeguarding,and so that is what that Baku is likely doing not letting you exploring more of that Dream World - maybe exaggerating in it or maybe not - which is seemingly an important cross-way and passage ..."

> "I ,for one ,can  drool at the Dram of Lots of Damage-Free,and Dreamy&Real-Like Steaks ,eh-eh. "

> " Yet it could be that ,though one of us should double-check with Bakus if we do come across them , Beings From outside  thr Dream World,especially if unexperiencedare both at risk and could be risk-causing if they wander too deep ,but likely also so for Experienced Non-Denizens at certain points, by causing somethng like...turn their and others Dreams&Happiness into Nightmares&Traumas by Accident or On-Purpose or Half-Half...their  Bodies could also be Sleep-Stranded till the Dream World,or Worlds, are set right again  by the Baku ..."

> "... Uh ,Miss Sumireko,don't you agree it would be Helpful if we could exchange  even more Informative Bits like these with Gensokyo People  who are Confirmed to be Quite Smart&Reliable "?
 



//(When I am specifying  "Dream-Sumireko "/ "D.Sumireko " (Astral Projected)it isto distinguish her from " Sleep-Sumireko /S. '' " and  " Whole Sumireko/ W. '' " so it is not meant to be"Dream-Sumireko(Gensokyo) VS Human-Sumireko(Outside World)  " like in ,if they are ever going to appear in Rumia Quest, the " (Official) Touhou Violet Detector ",


//With that explained,this  COULD BE a good moment for "Starting Communications about and by D.Sumireko with most of those at Eientei with Kaguya being the least (Mokou-Sumireko Friendship), in preparation for some future contacts wi AND facilitating Mokou-Meetings ' through Riga&Tallinn ( Alice&Wriggle&Eientei-Rumia Comm. Line by Dolls ).

// We should be only waiting for proper delays in Communicating with Alice&Wriggle such as  ""Sakuya&Remilia&Flandre&SDM " ,"Sumireko losing trust on Rumia for communicating like this " and " Not letting Kaguya know of Mokou-Sumireko Friendship until the 2 meet up and are ready to reveal
". //

//There is also the fact that Troubling Misunderstandings could arise around  Sumireko's Appearance,or even Rumours of her ,are reaching the (due to Heretic Makaians Invasion )ow-tense and in-repair Human Village when  Mokou is not around or has not explained convincingly ,especially Wuhan their on-edge "protectors" like (main and openly)Keine and (
2nd and covertly)Sekibanki ,unless she nicely chan ;  the same is  also true for her prematurely  exploring around the Makai-Gensokyo-Seal or even worse Elis taking interst in her and her"Occult Artifacts "(a potential track for Elis to the Outside World and" Whole "Sumireko )//

// A Partial Permission by Sumireko should be enough but we might have to disclose a larger,yet hopefully not painfuly large ,amount of Knowledge to Allies with "Insightful Powers". //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 21, 2019, 08:07:45 am
// I agree with Brenner on letting Alice know more
// About disclosing more information to others, just gauge how much they know and act accordingly if they pressure us on who's the culprit or suspect we are involved reveal that we believe Elis is involved and that we were attacked.  This will accomplish two things at once, it will get whoever is pestering us off our backs (ex Reimu) and doing something useful for us and it will put pressure on Elis to stay hidden and not bother us or any other residents

> Strategically activate the doll during our conversation to let Alice know more about Sumireko
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 21, 2019, 10:09:16 am
// I agree with Brenner on letting Alice know more
// About disclosing more information to others, just gauge how much they know and act accordingly if they pressure us on who's the culprit or suspect we are involved reveal that we believe Elis is involved and that we were attacked.  This will accomplish two things at once, it will get whoever is pestering us off our backs (ex Reimu) and doing something useful for us and it will put pressure on Elis to stay hidden and not bother us or any other residents

> Strategically activate the doll during our conversation to let Alice know more about Sumireko

> If Sumireko looks suspicious and/or confused with the last proposal to communicate&exchange or when we are actually communicating,explain this kind of communication is necessary and useful since among the Reliable&Smart People there is least 1 needing safeguarding and safe shelter for she was and still is a prime target of an Extremely Powerful Makaian Vampire .




// Agreed , acting proportionally is best in this case but we also need at least a Reliable Witness or Expert to strenghten our position,with Gensokyo's and allies ,to gain some trust by the eventual distrustful ones and also not to let anyone mis-gauge the Threat of Elis(e.g.Reliable Witnesses or Experts like Remilia ,Flandre,Eirin who treated Sakuya,Koakuma ,Patchouli ,to a lesser extent, Mayna and, in a non-exposing way,Alice )  while not forgetting the other Heretic Makaians;especially  Sariel whenever we will come across her for a 2nd and longer time .//

// With Elis ,but it could be even before mentioning ,her we should also be mentioning that she Heretic Makaians are searching for Powerful Magical Items which caused heavy clashes with Flandre&Co. and Alice &Co. ; and whereas it is good to respect the desire of Alice(and Shinki's to an extent)  not to let her know her Birth-Place&Heritage ,it should also be balanced out with the need of knowing just enough for organizing defense&counter-attack around her  //.







Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 21, 2019, 05:33:47 pm
// Lets not mention the heretic Makaians to anyone else since we ourselves want to investigate that.  If we mention "group of Makaian daemons" it might provoke another Mystic Square like incident where they attack Makai.  It's better to get everyone else to focus Elis while we take care of the heretics in a more elegant and less violent way that doesn't threaten Makai's existence
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 23, 2019, 02:54:10 pm
> How much closer to the SDM are we since we started talking?

> "You're right, nothing stops existing, so whats in the Dream World has got to be real in some sense...  Also dimensional portals are indeed a thing so maybe its possible"

> "Since those heretics could strike again at any time in your world and you can't stay asleep forever I wonder if you know some way to stay in contact while you're awake?  Like perhaps some objects we could enchant perhaps"  Temporarily form two small darkness barriers and a thin line/cylinder physical barrier in the middle and point at them to help explain what we're thinking about to Sumireko

> "Say, you're pretty knowledgeable when it comes to magic, would you happen to know of ways weaker Youkai like us could become stronger?  We had a close encounter with an incredibly strong vampire earlier and realize that we might be in a little over our heads with investigating this incident so any help would be greatly appreciated"

> Somewhat closer. You don't cross Gensokyo in a couple of minutes.

> "It's best not to try that. Firstly; I'm not in a physical form, so I can't take anything back with me anyway. Secondly; linking the Outside to Gensokyo could cause problems. And thirdly; something magical might outright stop working in the Outside."

> Sumireiko looks a little surprised. "I'm not that knowledgeable; I'm just knowledgeable by outside standards... well... practice helped me make better."

> // Tom's// How much is left to the SDM?

> Wait for Sumireko to think&answeer the previous inquiries.

> Friendly and Pondering Tone : " Ah-ah! If Dreams&Nigthmares have their own reality,they also need some  Balance and Safeguarding,and so that is what that Baku is likely doing not letting you exploring more of that Dream World - maybe exaggerating in it or maybe not - which is seemingly an important cross-way and passage ..."

> "I ,for one ,can  drool at the Dram of Lots of Damage-Free,and Dreamy&Real-Like Steaks p,eh-eh. "

> " Yet it could be that ,though one of us should double-check with Bakus if we do come across them , Beings From outside  thr Dream World,especially if unexperiencedare both at risk and could be risk-causing if they wander too deep ,but likely also so for Experienced Non-Denizens at certain points, by causing somethng like...turn their and others Dreams&Happiness into Nightmares&Traumas by Accident or On-Purpose or Half-Half...their  Bodies could also be Sleep-Stranded till the Dream World,or Worlds, are set right again  by the Baku ..."

> "... Uh ,Miss Sumireko,don't you agree it would be Helpful if we could exchange  even more Informative Bits like these with Gensokyo People  who are Confirmed to be Quite Smart&Reliable "?
 



//(When I am specifying  "Dream-Sumireko "/ "D.Sumireko " (Astral Projected)it isto distinguish her from " Sleep-Sumireko /S. '' " and  " Whole Sumireko/ W. '' " so it is not meant to be"Dream-Sumireko(Gensokyo) VS Human-Sumireko(Outside World)  " like in ,if they are ever going to appear in Rumia Quest, " (Official) Touhou Violet Detector ", )
With that explained,this  COULD BE a good moment for "Starting Communications about and by D.Sumireko with most of those at Eientei with Kaguya being the least (Mokou-Sumireko Friendship), in preparation for some future contacts with W.Sumireko AND facilitating Mokou-Meetings ' through Riga&Tallinn ( Alice&Wriggle&Eientei-Rumia  Line by Dolls ).

// We should be only waiting for proper delays in Communicating such as  ""After initial Comm.,1st comes  Sakuya&Remilia&SDM " and " After like-wise,careful to keep it vague to Kaguya "for also the sake of,even more,Gensokyo-Sumireko Acclimating with Mokou-Sumireko(and possibly others...)Friendshipwhile also having Insurances for Troubling Misunderstandings. //

//Hinderances,would arise from those Troubling Misunderstandings around  Sumireko's Appearance,or even Unclear Rumours reachng, IF WITHOUT  Gensokyo-Acquaintances or without Rumia's Group , reaching the (due to Heretic Makaians Invasion ))now-tense and in-repair Human Village ,their on-edge guards like (especialy)Keine and (covertly)Sekibanki ,unless she nicely chance upon Mokou still helping with the Makai Fire Magic  aftermaths  ; but the same,to a lesser degree,is  also true for her prematurely  exploring around the Makai-Gensokyo Seal and The Frozen, Makai Portal //

// A Partial Permission by Sumireko should be enough but we might have to disclose a larger,yet hopefully not painfuly large ,amount of Knowledge to Allies such as Sages,Savants and "Those Bearing Insightful Powers". //

> "I imagine the Baku was protecting at least her interests, yes." Sumireiko replies. "She said I caused some trouble for her after all. Apparently the incident I caused by accident involved the Dream World, and something about Lunarians." the girl replies. "I imagine Bakus would be the best to ask about the Dream World; as Dream World inhabitants."

// I agree with Brenner on letting Alice know more
// About disclosing more information to others, just gauge how much they know and act accordingly if they pressure us on who's the culprit or suspect we are involved reveal that we believe Elis is involved and that we were attacked.  This will accomplish two things at once, it will get whoever is pestering us off our backs (ex Reimu) and doing something useful for us and it will put pressure on Elis to stay hidden and not bother us or any other residents

> Strategically activate the doll during our conversation to let Alice know more about Sumireko

> You activate the doll; and hear Alice say quietly through it, "Yes?"

// Lets not mention the heretic Makaians to anyone else since we ourselves want to investigate that.  If we mention "group of Makaian daemons" it might provoke another Mystic Square like incident where they attack Makai.  It's better to get everyone else to focus Elis while we take care of the heretics in a more elegant and less violent way that doesn't threaten Makai's existence

> You consider going into more specifics about the Incident, but decide it's best to be more generalistic, except about Elis, since she seems really dangerous.

[Let me know if you want to accelerate to the SDM]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 23, 2019, 06:21:28 pm
// Perhaps as long as this conversation lasts then timeskip

> Can everyone hear what Alice says or only us?

> Eirin might want to know about the Lunarians hopefully Alice relays this to her
> "Is that so~?  I wonder how the lunarians managed to get in to the dream world?  So you just got mixed up in their interactions with the dream world and that baku"

> "Do you think Youkai like us would survive in the outside world or will we be like Mayina in Gensokyo where we can't use magic without exhausting ourselves?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 23, 2019, 06:52:49 pm
//We should probably answer Alice back. I don't want her getting the wrong idea and getting annoyed with us for contracting her with unimportant stuff. It could lead to her ignoring us if we actually need to contact her in an emergency.

>If we can do it discreetly, whisper: "Just a conversation I thought you'd might be interested in hearing"
>Otherwise whisper: "Just checking in."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 23, 2019, 08:01:17 pm
> Think of the possibility of eating Sumireko (or whoever else seems appetizing) and strategically drool a little while whispering to Alice so Sumireko thinks we're talking to ourselves/daydreaming about food
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 26, 2019, 09:09:02 pm
// Perhaps as long as this conversation lasts then timeskip

> Can everyone hear what Alice says or only us?

> Eirin might want to know about the Lunarians hopefully Alice relays this to her
> "Is that so~?  I wonder how the lunarians managed to get in to the dream world?  So you just got mixed up in their interactions with the dream world and that baku"

> "Do you think Youkai like us would survive in the outside world or will we be like Mayina in Gensokyo where we can't use magic without exhausting ourselves?"

> Alice is either talking quietly or the dollis very quiet. You don't think anyone else can hear Alice, at least right now.

> "I think my actions had something to do with it. That's probably why the Baku blamed me for the trouble." Sumireiko explains.

> "Youkai would die, I presume. I'm not sure exactly how, but... well... you don't see Youkai on the outside."

//We should probably answer Alice back. I don't want her getting the wrong idea and getting annoyed with us for contracting her with unimportant stuff. It could lead to her ignoring us if we actually need to contact her in an emergency.

>If we can do it discreetly, whisper: "Just a conversation I thought you'd might be interested in hearing"
>Otherwise whisper: "Just checking in."

> "I see." Alice responds.

> Think of the possibility of eating Sumireko (or whoever else seems appetizing) and strategically drool a little while whispering to Alice so Sumireko thinks we're talking to ourselves/daydreaming about food

> Sumierko doesn't seem too interested in you talking to the doll anyway. She's focused on flying.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 26, 2019, 09:11:20 pm
//So which statement did Alice respond to?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 26, 2019, 09:44:40 pm
> Alice is either talking quietly or the doll is very quiet. You don't think anyone else can hear Alice, at least right now.
// So probably the first?

> "That's disappointing though I wonder if would happen to all Youkai ?  Humans should still fear darkness regardless if they believe in the supernatural or not, as something very real can lurk inside of it...  Its the primal fear"  Temporarily form a darkness barrier around our floating doll for a few seconds to emphasize our point as we say this
> "I'd imagine children would be especially terrified of the dark with their childish imaginations, you know believing monsters lurk in the dark corners of your room at night and such.  And I assume there's more of them on the outside than all of Gensokyo's population"

> With a friendly smile tell Mayina "Don't be shy and tell us if you ever get tired of walking or this slower pace!~"
Title: Mid-Long-Long 2nd Reply Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 27, 2019, 04:55:41 am
> Alice is either talking quietly or the dollis very quiet. You don't think anyone else can hear Alice, at least right now.

> "I think my actions had something to do with it. That's probably why the Baku blamed me for the trouble." Sumireiko explains.

> "Youkai would die, I presume. I'm not sure exactly how, but... well... you don't see Youkai on the outside."

> "I see." Alice responds.

> Sumierko doesn't seem too interested in you talking to the doll anyway. She's focused on flying.
!!!!! :wikipedia:     :wikipedia:      :wikipedia: !!!!!

// I do not mind,could be even better if a part of my post could have to be postponed by the character-pace of the Involved NPCs,and then SDM&"Visitors"  (  I ,and we :) ,are still keeping in mind that Raikaria/ This Story-GM needs a Calmer   ;) Pace) // .

//Hitherto Some info-parts could be insighted and/or glossed over and/or re-ordered and/or better timed along according to the other players(3  who are T./E.N./E.M.  :o ...soo far ;) ) //.

> "To Alice as audible explanatory whispers to her : " Uh,Please Miss Alice can you also call-in in time  Wriggle to listen-in and then any of the Eientei who's interested in this new exploring-learning : call-in  in time seing as she ...oh , her name Miss Sumireko, friends with thaaat only-heard-of, for me and the rest of the Team, Mokou person  ".

> " ... Yeah,Her Time in Fensokyo is her Bory Sleeping  Time at Outside World for she is a in Gensokyo as a Dream of Herself .. mh-mh-mh through aDream World with a Baku : a Double-Special Human, Youkai-like even,this Miss Sumireko

> To Sumireko,after finehed answering-in&letting listening-in : " I can very well Imagine If Gendokyand or Makaians or Fairly Similar,those who are dependant by those Worlds that is ,they indeed Die there or also Nearly-Die as "Youkai People" unless they are more Special in their own Right than us here,who are more Ordinary than Specialq
 
> Fist-palm :" So in  Outside Human World if  we "Ordinary Youkai

> "Opposite but also,simlars case are,the break-ins  in Gensokyo,and everywhere un-Makai-like ,like in small part the Troublesome the Suit-Koas you were beating back,Miss Sumireko,because they are also " ordinary" they are Makai-- dependant but ar also Linked&Support by their Portals and ESPECIALLY the Toxic Miasma though so far only seeping-into the immediate vicinity ;

> " Still it is best to avoid their  locations might be risking ending atcloser to each other,their sizes greater and more "fed "invaders than we are ready to  react in a short enough time to Places ;particularly the  Human Village,their Farms,Fields or Leading-apathe

> "That  is what we have to notice and not miss to be safe rather than sorry ,that ,alongside Abnormal Magics,Mysterious but also literal  Materializing and other Spells by  Powerful and ,potentially or actually , Curious&Dangerous  Major Makaians like that  Greater Vampire Elis ..,.until Dusk falls again ... mmmh not to forget  that tall-ish all-blue shrine maiden-like lady,that acquaintance of hers .

> " The oddity we have found out in the  aftermaths we have won  it is normal fot them,granted it is just for  those ones bent on Robbing to the point of Serial-Assaulting or even Raiding for - instead of...the Nicer Interesting  Travelers could still exist qmongwide them as well ... Strong Mystical Items " and so Info, Wielders as wellif


> " Here in Gensokyo,and beyond tonother Worlds,"Invasions or Incursions" seems rather the rough means  to those "Artifacts" but least 1,if it is just her,Makai Big-Name was also having a side-ends of challenging for fun during her search  ;  she was helding back much initially but not so much,but still a considerable deal,with the next fight and her final one for today when she still ended up hospitalasing  a very seriously  Injured Incident Resolver who also passed out from exhaustion".

> " Again  would be that Makaian Vampire Elis,repelled also thanks to those exhaustinginjuries,not sure about her companion ,a few others but also  with our Fire-Magic Raid Squadroon at the Human Village '.

> Look&Listen Back to our Group as well

> Quests (//Many Thanks and Kudos //).
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 27, 2019, 09:49:53 am
> Only talk to Alice if it doesn't get Sumireko's attention also don't mention Alice's name in case Sumireko has heard of her and figures out were talking to her over a distance, if we have to refer to her use the doll's name so it seems like we're talking to the doll
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on July 29, 2019, 09:35:45 pm
Site being stupid slow and causing me timeouts again aaaaaah

----

//So which statement did Alice respond to?

> The first; as no-one was seemingly to notice you talking to the doll

// So probably the first?

> "That's disappointing though I wonder if would happen to all Youkai ?  Humans should still fear darkness regardless if they believe in the supernatural or not, as something very real can lurk inside of it...  Its the primal fear"  Temporarily form a darkness barrier around our floating doll for a few seconds to emphasize our point as we say this
> "I'd imagine children would be especially terrified of the dark with their childish imaginations, you know believing monsters lurk in the dark corners of your room at night and such.  And I assume there's more of them on the outside than all of Gensokyo's population"

> With a friendly smile tell Mayina "Don't be shy and tell us if you ever get tired of walking or this slower pace!~"

> "Humans don't need to fear the darkness of the night; when they have means of illuminating it." Sumireiko says.  "Humans of my world live in great towers filled with light."

> "Children aren't scared of much. They're usually curious." the human responds.

> The deamon grunts in response. "I am fine with using my sinew."

!!!!! :wikipedia:     :wikipedia:      :wikipedia: !!!!!

// I do not mind,could be even better if a part of my post could have to be postponed by the character-pace of the Involved NPCs,and then SDM&"Visitors"  (  I ,and we :) ,are still keeping in mind that Raikaria/ This Story-GM needs a Calmer   ;) Pace) // .

//Hitherto Some info-parts could be insighted and/or glossed over and/or re-ordered and/or better timed along according to the other players(3  who are T./E.N./E.M.  :o ...soo far ;) ) //.

> "To Alice as audible explanatory whispers to her : " Uh,Please Miss Alice can you also call-in in time  Wriggle to listen-in and then any of the Eientei who's interested in this new exploring-learning : call-in  in time seing as she ...oh , her name Miss Sumireko, friends with thaaat only-heard-of, for me and the rest of the Team, Mokou person  ".

> " ... Yeah,Her Time in Fensokyo is her Bory Sleeping  Time at Outside World for she is a in Gensokyo as a Dream of Herself .. mh-mh-mh through aDream World with a Baku : a Double-Special Human, Youkai-like even,this Miss Sumireko

> To Sumireko,after finehed answering-in&letting listening-in : " I can very well Imagine If Gendokyand or Makaians or Fairly Similar,those who are dependant by those Worlds that is ,they indeed Die there or also Nearly-Die as "Youkai People" unless they are more Special in their own Right than us here,who are more Ordinary than Specialq
 
> Fist-palm :" So in  Outside Human World if  we "Ordinary Youkai

> "Opposite but also,simlars case are,the break-ins  in Gensokyo,and everywhere un-Makai-like ,like in small part the Troublesome the Suit-Koas you were beating back,Miss Sumireko,because they are also " ordinary" they are Makai-- dependant but ar also Linked&Support by their Portals and ESPECIALLY the Toxic Miasma though so far only seeping-into the immediate vicinity ;

> " Still it is best to avoid their  locations might be risking ending atcloser to each other,their sizes greater and more "fed "invaders than we are ready to  react in a short enough time to Places ;particularly the  Human Village,their Farms,Fields or Leading-apathe

> "That  is what we have to notice and not miss to be safe rather than sorry ,that ,alongside Abnormal Magics,Mysterious but also literal  Materializing and other Spells by  Powerful and ,potentially or actually , Curious&Dangerous  Major Makaians like that  Greater Vampire Elis ..,.until Dusk falls again ... mmmh not to forget  that tall-ish all-blue shrine maiden-like lady,that acquaintance of hers .

> " The oddity we have found out in the  aftermaths we have won  it is normal fot them,granted it is just for  those ones bent on Robbing to the point of Serial-Assaulting or even Raiding for - instead of...the Nicer Interesting  Travelers could still exist qmongwide them as well ... Strong Mystical Items " and so Info, Wielders as wellif


> " Here in Gensokyo,and beyond tonother Worlds,"Invasions or Incursions" seems rather the rough means  to those "Artifacts" but least 1,if it is just her,Makai Big-Name was also having a side-ends of challenging for fun during her search  ;  she was helding back much initially but not so much,but still a considerable deal,with the next fight and her final one for today when she still ended up hospitalasing  a very seriously  Injured Incident Resolver who also passed out from exhaustion".

> " Again  would be that Makaian Vampire Elis,repelled also thanks to those exhaustinginjuries,not sure about her companion ,a few others but also  with our Fire-Magic Raid Squadroon at the Human Village '.

> Look&Listen Back to our Group as well

> Quests (//Many Thanks and Kudos //).

> You explain to Alice the summary of what Sumireiko has said so far.

> "A Human from the outside? Haven't been any of those with any real magical ability since that Shrine Maiden Marisa told me about a few years ago." Alice responds.

// Quests:

Main Quests

Heretics of Makai - Investigate the Makai Invasion Incident; Ensure the Heretics do not obtain Alice's Grimoire

Daemon-sitting - Ensure Mayina's safety

A Cruel Seal - Investigate the Ribbon

Backing of a Secret God - Okina is watching your progress with great interest

Side Quests

Report to Remilia -  Report to Remilia about recent events; check on her and Flandre's state after fighting Elis; and let her know about Sakuya's treatment

Twin-Tailed Lead - Eirin has pointed you towards Youkai Mountain to seek out a 'Chen'; who in turn may lead you to the Yakumos; who may know more about your seal

General Investigation - Explore Gensokyo

A Pure Vampire - Defeat Elis [This quest is marked with a skull; indicating it as an elite quest you are unlikely to succeed in at this point; it is also marked with a Moon; indicating it can only occur at Night]

The Shrine-Wrecking Spirit - Find Mima

Fate of the Hakurei Shrine - Find... or avoid, Reimu
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 30, 2019, 04:54:15 pm
> "What!?"
> Nervously say "Just what can't they do?"
> "That makes the barrier all the more important!"

// Fast forward to SDM unless Sumireko has something to tell us
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 30, 2019, 10:32:22 pm
> "What!?"
> Nervously say "Just what can't they do?"
> "That makes the barrier all the more important!"

// Fast forward to SDM unless Sumireko has something to tell us
> Return calm:"Oh-oh,so that is what technology can do...I wonder how much that light and my darkness would be affected by each other or maybe combined ".

// Yes,after Sumireko's answer, SDM-Timeskip //.

// About the quest involving the Shrine&Reimu,are we leaning for meet-up or avoid or still undecided(Mima&Shrine&Linked situations) ?//

// I am more for meeting  to further reports&further checks not too soon nor too late when we do obtain "enough or more elements", but avoidance up to meeting her much later certain point might be warranted if we do come across
Mima first and we  might manage some""Good Business Collaboration",but it must be  "Good", that Reimu cannot make like getting more of the Rumia's Seal Removed and more insights/counsels of "Times were Gensokyo-Makai were Seal-lesa
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on July 31, 2019, 12:22:40 pm
// Was thinking of waiting for Reimu to find us instead of us going looking for her
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 04, 2019, 08:20:15 am
> "What!?"
> Nervously say "Just what can't they do?"
> "That makes the barrier all the more important!"

// Fast forward to SDM unless Sumireko has something to tell us

> "Sumireiko looks over her shoulder at you and winks. "Magic."

> Return calm:"Oh-oh,so that is what technology can do...I wonder how much that light and my darkness would be affected by each other or maybe combined ".

// Yes,after Sumireko's answer, SDM-Timeskip //.

// About the quest involving the Shrine&Reimu,are we leaning for meet-up or avoid or still undecided(Mima&Shrine&Linked situations) ?//

// I am more for meeting  to further reports&further checks not too soon nor too late when we do obtain "enough or more elements", but avoidance up to meeting her much later certain point might be warranted if we do come across
Mima first and we  might manage some""Good Business Collaboration",but it must be  "Good", that Reimu cannot make like getting more of the Rumia's Seal Removed and more insights/counsels of "Times were Gensokyo-Makai were Seal-lesa

> "I'm not sure how it would interact with magical darkness; to be honest." the girl responds.

--

> You reach the Scarlet Mansion, after a few hours of flying [Or in Mayina's case; running and being carried rather unceremoniously by his shoulders].

> The gatekeeper notices you and stands aside.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 04, 2019, 09:36:53 pm
> Proceed towards the mansion
> If Meiling doesn't follow us or lead us to Remilia "You should come with us, we need to speak to Remilia about Sakuya's condition"
> If she has obligations and can't follow us then continue without Meiling

> Knock on the front door before entering

> Keep Mayina close while inside the mansion, we don't want him sneaking around
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 08, 2019, 08:11:40 pm
> Proceed towards the mansion
> If Meiling doesn't follow us or lead us to Remilia "You should come with us, we need to speak to Remilia about Sakuya's condition"
> If she has obligations and can't follow us then continue without Meiling

> Knock on the front door before entering

> Keep Mayina close while inside the mansion, we don't want him sneaking around

> You proceed towards the mansion.

> Meiling nods as you head inside, but dosen't react otherwise until you speak to her.

> "I cannot; I am mi'lady's first line of defense. At the worst, I can buy enough time if the mansion is attacked for Lady Patchouli to prepare further defense. I'm sure there is someone able to guide you." Meiling says.

> You head to the front doors and knock. A few moments later a pink-haired fairy wearing a maid outfit opens the door. She looks rather nervous.

> "H-hello?" she... asks. Before she starts muttering while looking embarrassed "Oh no we don't get guests ever, what do I do with guests..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 08, 2019, 08:58:04 pm
>Smile warmly at the fairy.
>"Perhaps just escort us to a place where we can wait and tell your mistress or someone else with high authority that we're here?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 08, 2019, 09:33:59 pm
> Wait warmly while fairies try their best to run the mansion with Sakuya away
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 13, 2019, 02:11:03 am
...

> You head to the front doors and knock. A few moments later a pink-haired fairy wearing a maid outfit opens the door. She looks rather nervous.

> "H-hello?" she... asks. Before she starts muttering while looking embarrassed "Oh no we don't get guests ever, what do I do with guests..."

>  Keep smiling warmly and speak in a friendly&soothing encouraging tone troughout,with other fairy maids as well: " Hello! Ahah we are just small-time guests ! ".

> " I am Rumia and these here,except Wriggle for now absent for another duty,are all my friends, a group too - waving hand gesture and briefly look at them giving some pause - would you like to tell us your name for acquaintance,miss fairy maid ?

> After presentations&co:  " (Address by the pink-haired foyer fairy maid's name,if told) Do tell in particular to Milady Remilia or any of the ladies in charge on her behalf,after you and maybe others have escorted us to that place-for-waiting...

: ...  Rumia&Group,except Wriggle temporarly, have come with fairly good news about the Chief Maid Miss Sakuya,who's being healed, and the situation with... "Elis" " .

> "Mh-mh ,ah sorry for this last one    : " Has there been words about an Eientei Rabbit Messenger  sent by Doctor Eirin already arrived here or on the way back?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 18, 2019, 08:58:33 am
[Blame Fire Emblem]


>  Keep smiling warmly and speak in a friendly&soothing encouraging tone troughout,with other fairy maids as well: " Hello! Ahah we are just small-time guests ! ".

> " I am Rumia and these here,except Wriggle for now absent for another duty,are all my friends, a group too - waving hand gesture and briefly look at them giving some pause - would you like to tell us your name for acquaintance,miss fairy maid ?

> After presentations&co:  " (Address by the pink-haired foyer fairy maid's name,if told) Do tell in particular to Milady Remilia or any of the ladies in charge on her behalf,after you and maybe others have escorted us to that place-for-waiting...

: ...  Rumia&Group,except Wriggle temporarly, have come with fairly good news about the Chief Maid Miss Sakuya,who's being healed, and the situation with... "Elis" " .

> "Mh-mh ,ah sorry for this last one    : " Has there been words about an Eientei Rabbit Messenger  sent by Doctor Eirin already arrived here or on the way back?"

> "Name? The Head Maid just calls me 58." the maid says.

> "27 did say something about a rabbit, but she didn't understand half the things the rabbit told her..."

>Smile warmly at the fairy.
>"Perhaps just escort us to a place where we can wait and tell your mistress or someone else with high authority that we're here?"

> The fairy seems to think for a few moments. "The Head Maid isn't here... oh I know I can ask her!"

> The fairy flies off into the mansion, completely forgetting to close the door.

> Wait warmly while fairies try their best to run the mansion with Sakuya away

> From your position in the doorway, you can see various fairy maids flying around in borderline chaos. Some seem to be attempting to do mildly productive things but are doing them badly; while others seem to just be going wild and goofing around. Fairies will be fairies.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 18, 2019, 09:13:43 am
>Blink
>"...She knows her head maid isn't here, yet she goes off to ask her anyway. Does anyone else want to stay here for a few minutes just to see where this goes? I mean, it would be rude to just barge in anyway."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 18, 2019, 04:24:39 pm
> Step half inside the door

> Look at the ones goofing about
> Say in a warm and welcoming way "You know, it would really help the head maid if you helped the others.  You could also finish much faster that way"  Point then towards the ones who are working
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 18, 2019, 07:04:19 pm
>Blink
>"...She knows her head maid isn't here, yet she goes off to ask her anyway. Does anyone else want to stay here for a few minutes just to see where this goes? I mean, it would be rude to just barge in anyway."

> "I think she went to ask someone else." Mystia remarks. "She was probably asking who else to ask."

> You wait for a few minuites, watching the chaos going on inside. Just as you are getting a bit restess; the pink-haired fairy re-enters the foyer, looking frantic.

> "I asked Lady Patchouli; she says you can see the Mistress." the fairy says, before looking down at a bit of paper she is holding. "Uuuh... Mistress is this way!" she says, turning around and starting to fly up a staircase at the back of the foyer, and then heading left when the staircase branches two directions.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 18, 2019, 08:10:26 pm
// My post on encouraging the fairies goofing off to help was missed likely due to it being on the next page.  Since it most likely didn't affect the total outcome I'll continue and the result can be edited in or skipped

> Walk next to Mayina while in the mansion
> Follow up the stairs and head left at the branch in the staircase
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 19, 2019, 10:21:01 pm
> Step half inside the door

> Look at the ones goofing about
> Say in a warm and welcoming way "You know, it would really help the head maid if you helped the others.  You could also finish much faster that way"  Point then towards the ones who are working

> One of the fairies, one with short green bowl-cut hair and two wings, shouts "There's always more work to be done, so we never finish anyway!"

// My post on encouraging the fairies goofing off to help was missed likely due to it being on the next page.  Since it most likely didn't affect the total outcome I'll continue and the result can be edited in or skipped

> Walk next to Mayina while in the mansion
> Follow up the stairs and head left at the branch in the staircase

> You walk next to the male deamon.

> You follow the fairy up the staircase and enter a corridor. The corridor lacks any windows, and is very dark, if it wasn't for Shinki you'd be almost blind here. However, you can see various small plinths with creatures kind of like bats upon them, and a red carpet.

> The fairy stops at an impressive-looking set of double doors.  The doors are a vivid scarlet and clearly have a bat design upon them, spanning both doors. The fairy looks a little apprehensive.

> "T-this is the Mistress' room..." she says. "The Head Maid told me to never do anything with this door ever..."

> "And the Mistress over-rules the Head Maid, let them in." Remilia's voice rings, sounding significantly less... proud than it did before.

> The fairy tries to pull the door open, before she realizes it's a Push door; and shoves one door open, with significant effort.

> The room is pitch black, but you see various ornate furniture, unlike anything you've seen before. Directly in front of you is a very fancy-looking bed, with some sort of... container upon it. The container is open, and you see a figure. The figure resembles Remilia in shape, but it looks little more than a mass of black and scarlet, aside from her eyes, which are as bright as usual.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2019, 01:09:53 am
// I'm might be a little over cautious here but I don't want Elis to be pulling the old bait-n-switch on us via an illusion or simply because its dark and we can't see.

> Silently thank Shinki for restoring our thermal vision night sight
> Inspect the room before walking in as this might be an illusion or trap by Elis, look especially carefully at darker parts of the room for possible lackeys or minions waiting to jump on us.  Do this in a casual and carefree way, pretending to be fascinated by the ornate nature of the room.  Can never be too careful these days...  If we do notice something off don't panic just casually reach into our pockets (pretending to be shy) for Moonlight Ray
> Proceed up to Remilia (remembering to be polite and bow) and take another look at the room from this angle pretending to be looking at our party following us

> Just as we're about to ask if Remilia is alright we remember her big ego and refrain from belittle-ing her, instead lets talk about Sakuya
> "Sakuya is well but she'll need time to recover as shes lost a lot of blood.  Elis retreated when the dawn broke since she apparently didn't know light is harmful to vampires, however I'm worried she'll come back at night for revenge."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 21, 2019, 08:55:04 pm
// I'm might be a little over cautious here but I don't want Elis to be pulling the old bait-n-switch on us via an illusion or simply because its dark and we can't see.

> Silently thank Shinki for restoring our thermal vision night sight
> Inspect the room before walking in as this might be an illusion or trap by Elis, look especially carefully at darker parts of the room for possible lackeys or minions waiting to jump on us.  Do this in a casual and carefree way, pretending to be fascinated by the ornate nature of the room.  Can never be too careful these days...  If we do notice something off don't panic just casually reach into our pockets (pretending to be shy) for Moonlight Ray
> Proceed up to Remilia (remembering to be polite and bow) and take another look at the room from this angle pretending to be looking at our party following us

> Just as we're about to ask if Remilia is alright we remember her big ego and refrain from belittle-ing her, instead lets talk about Sakuya
> "Sakuya is well but she'll need time to recover as shes lost a lot of blood.  Elis retreated when the dawn broke since she apparently didn't know light is harmful to vampires, however I'm worried she'll come back at night for revenge."

> You cannot see anyone else in the room.

> Remilia listens.

> "That fool, I told her to not peruse but it's her biggest failing as a Maid." she says, sounding more amused than angry. "She's too devoted. A perfect maid would follow her master's command to not fight an enemy beyond her. A dead maid is of no use."

> The vampire chuckles a little.

> "I suppose that means Makai lacks a sun. It would make sense in their development. However, what would she want revenge upon? A vampire cannot bear their fangs at the Sun."

> Remilia's withered form seems to hesitate, the amusement fading.

> "I suppose I should explain what happened, in the event you run into her again.  She attempted to attack Flandre, so I summoned Gungir. This seemed to get her attention, and she began focusing solely on me, attempting to take my Javelin. This distressed Flandre, who attempted to use her power to destroy upon her... and it didn't work. It looked like she gathered the energy into her wand, and then she pointed the wand at me, and Flandre's energy was unleashed. The damage was bad enough that I'm still regenerating. If I hadn't split into a swarm of bats when I realized what was happening she may have actually managed to kill me."

> Remilia seems to hesitate, looking concerned. "Flandre has brute strength but no fighting skill; so she was easily overwhelmed one-on-one, and she's mortified at the state her powers put me in. But it seems the vampire using Flandre's power was a one-off; some kind of redirection, or else I assume she would have simply used the Power to Destroy against Flandre, or your group. But she did manage to take Gungir. It vanished after she took hold of it, I assume she sent it to Makai."

> The scarlet devil folds her arms. Small flecks of skin starting to form over the burnt-looking body of the vampire. "Did that Elis figure show any sort of abilities when fighting your group? The more we know about her, the easier it may be to find some sort of weakness. I'm surprised she found you even worth fighting, was there a reason why she was after you?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 21, 2019, 09:40:45 pm
> "Pardon me for using the wrong word, not so much revenge but more like "finishing off" those that got away"

> After pausing to think for a bit "She seems to have followed or tracked us after fighting you and ambushed us while we were at Alice the Puppeteer's house talking to her with some powerful instant-knockout illusion magic in an attempt to steal from us"

> "Speaking of your javelin, we'll help you get it back if we can in any way.  Is there anything we need to know about it like if its locatable, or emits energy or what to expect if she tries to throw it at us.  We'll keep the fact that she stole it a secret, as others might try and reclaim it for themselves"
// Add (side) quest:  "Find Remilia's Gungir Javelin which was stolen by another vampire named Elis"

> "She then became interested in me because the darkness I emit somehow blocks her illusions.  So she challenged me to hit her once with three of  my most powerful moves and she managed to time them all out with perfect movement.  I did play a little trick on her though, I didn't actually use any of my spell cards and imitated them with danmaku as I wasn't sure if she knew that I would have been in a trance giving her time to steal the book and get away with it.  Later at Eientei I asked Eirin more about my darkness and she took a blood sample which immediately turned into a gas then darkness itself and then completely disappeared when she put it up against a light, so maybe that has something to do with my darkness shielding from her illusions?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 21, 2019, 10:28:28 pm
> "Pardon me for using the wrong word, not so much revenge but more like "finishing off" those that got away"

> After pausing to think for a bit "She was after Alice the puppeteer that lives in the Forest of Magic, specifically she wanted to steal a magic book from her.  It seems that Elis is even more of a kleptomaniac than Marisa, especially after what you said about your javelin.  However unlike Marisa she is extremely devious, as she tried to use a knock-out illusion on us to take the book."

> "Speaking of your javelin, we'll help you get it back if we can in any way.  Is there anything we need to know about it like if its locatable, or emits energy or what to expect if she tries to throw it at us.  We'll keep the fact that she stole it a secret, as others might try and reclaim it for themselves"
// Add (side) quest:  "Find Remilia's Gungir Javelin which was stolen by another vampire named Elis"

> "She then became interested in me because the darkness I emit somehow blocks her illusions.  So she challenged me to hit her once with three of  my most powerful moves and she managed to time them all out with perfect movement.  I did play a little trick on her though, I didn't actually use any of my spell cards and imitated them with danmaku as I wasn't sure if she knew that I would have been in a trance giving her time to steal the book and get away with it.  Later at Eientei I asked Eirin more about my darkness and she took a blood sample which immediately turned into a gas then darkness itself and then completely disappeared when she put it up against a light, so maybe that has something to do with my darkness shielding from her illusions?"
>Wait on this.

//I have some issues with a section of this. I'll go into details later due to the site being slow, being on a phone, and likely not being able to type up what I want to say in less than 15 minutes.

// I'll be stuck at work until around 10:30 so I'll elaborate more once I get home. I just didn't want Rai to parse before I had a chance to voice my concerns.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 22, 2019, 12:10:56 am
// I carefully reworded the post in an edit to not mention anything about Alice's Grimoire (not sure if this is what you were worried about but I think theres no reason to disclose that to Remilia)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 22, 2019, 05:37:43 am
//Okay, let's do this.

> "Speaking of your javelin, we'll help you get it back if we can in any way.  Is there anything we need to know about it like if its locatable, or emits energy or what to expect if she tries to throw it at us.  We'll keep the fact that she stole it a secret, as others might try and reclaim it for themselves"
// Add (side) quest:  "Find Remilia's Gungir Javelin which was stolen by another vampire named Elis"
>This part is fine.

> "Pardon me for using the wrong word, not so much revenge but more like "finishing off" those that got away"

> After pausing to think for a bit "She seems to have followed or tracked us after fighting you and ambushed us while we were at Alice the Puppeteer's house talking to her with some powerful instant-knockout illusion magic in an attempt to steal from us"
> "She then became interested in me because the darkness I emit somehow blocks her illusions.  So she challenged me to hit her once with three of  my most powerful moves and she managed to time them all out with perfect movement.  I did play a little trick on her though, I didn't actually use any of my spell cards and imitated them with danmaku as I wasn't sure if she knew that I would have been in a trance giving her time to steal the book and get away with it.  Later at Eientei I asked Eirin more about my darkness and she took a blood sample which immediately turned into a gas then darkness itself and then completely disappeared when she put it up against a light, so maybe that has something to do with my darkness shielding from her illusions?"
//I think we should say that she was looking for something we were trying to protect, but not get into any specifics. Nor do I believe we should namedrop Alice. As an extra security measure we should probably send anyone not involved (read: Sumireko) out of the room.

========================

>Parse this:
>"Hmm, abilities... Well she used some kind of light illusion to knock everyone out. I think I wasn't affected due to the darkness that's usually around me blocking the attack. It made her a bit interested in me, so she decided to 'play' with me for a few attacks. Do you think there's any way to counter it without constantly having darkness over you? Because if she manages to catch us by surprise again she could take many combatants out of the fight before it even starts."


//The following is what I was going to post before you replied, which is about in line with what I had in mind.

>Parse the following only with approval:

>"As for your other question... Sumireko, would you mind leaving the room for a few minutes?"
>If she agrees, and once we're sure she can't hear us:
>"...She was after an object we were trying to protect, as well as possibly its owner. For the sake of secrecy and protecting the identity of its owner, I won't go into any more details. Please understand. Anyway she found us right when we found them -- or she followed us and remained undetected somehow, I'm still not sure which. -- and that's when she used the illusion spell that knocked everyone but me out."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 22, 2019, 02:20:17 pm
// Sounds good, go ahead
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 22, 2019, 09:45:01 pm
> "Speaking of your javelin, we'll help you get it back if we can in any way.  Is there anything we need to know about it like if its locatable, or emits energy or what to expect if she tries to throw it at us.  We'll keep the fact that she stole it a secret, as others might try and reclaim it for themselves"
// Add (side) quest:  "Find Remilia's Gungir Javelin which was stolen by another vampire named Elis"

> "Gungnir looks like an ordinary javelin in normal circumstances, but when wielded by one with exceptional magical power, it ignites into a blazing form. It is also a magical weapon that will relentlessly hunt it's target. They say it's an artifact from the Gods that originates from a place called Norway. I imagine it's probably why she was interested in it. If she is wielding it, it'll be obvious, it gives off a lot of heat and energy. Thank goodness Flandre didn't pull out Lævateinn..." Remilia responds.

>Parse this:
>"Hmm, abilities... Well she used some kind of light illusion to knock everyone out. I think I wasn't affected due to the darkness that's usually around me blocking the attack. It made her a bit interested in me, so she decided to 'play' with me for a few attacks. Do you think there's any way to counter it without constantly having darkness over you? Because if she manages to catch us by surprise again she could take many combatants out of the fight before it even starts."


//The following is what I was going to post before you replied, which is about in line with what I had in mind.

>Parse the following only with approval:

>"As for your other question... Sumireko, would you mind leaving the room for a few minutes?"
>If she agrees, and once we're sure she can't hear us:
>"...She was after an object we were trying to protect, as well as possibly its owner. For the sake of secrecy and protecting the identity of its owner, I won't go into any more details. Please understand. Anyway she found us right when we found them -- or she followed us and remained undetected somehow, I'm still not sure which. -- and that's when she used the illusion spell that knocked everyone but me out."

> "That sounds like a Belialillusion, Vamperic magic. It's a magic used to knock out prey so they don't see us Vampires, or recall being fed on. The only ways to avoid such a spell are to not see the light, or to be a creature of the night such as a vampire, or a werebeast. I'm capable of such a feat as well. I suppose one with sufficient magical energy should be able to resist such a spell as well through sheer power."

> The human's astral projection had already had the sense to not enter the bedroom of a vampire, and is waiting outside already, but she moves out of earshot; albeit, somewhat reluctantly.

> "There is little point in attempting to obscure information from me." Remilia remarks in a coy tone. "If I wish to know I would simply ask Sakuya when she returns, and she would be sure to tell me. Besides, with her interest in Gungnir, it's clear they are after objects of great power, and that blonde Makaian who frequently visits the Library cannot obscure the power she holds from me, regardless of how much she may attempt to do so. Try as she might, the fate laid out for her is too great."

> The vampire chuckles. "I know of other powerful artifacts as well. I recall the Head Monk of the Myouren Temple has a scroll from Makai, and the Bamboo Princess has multiple powerful artifacts. So perhaps your encounter was involving those parties. But simply based on the direction Sakuya chased Elis, I would wager the former. Not to mention I know how well-protected the Palace of Eternity is."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 23, 2019, 12:03:23 am
> Confused ask "Her fate ... is too great?  How much of a someone's fate are you able to see?"

> "Would it possible to reflect the illusion back to the one that cast it with something mirror-like?"

> "I think it would be a good idea to warn the folks at Myouren temple so Elis no longer has the element of surprise.  Eientei is probably too hard for her to find so she might go for an easier pick first since what she steals might make it easier to access other places like Eientei."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 23, 2019, 07:44:37 pm
> Confused ask "Her fate ... is too great?  How much of a someone's fate are you able to see?"

> "Would it possible to reflect the illusion back to the one that cast it with something mirror-like?"

> "I think it would be a good idea to warn the folks at Myouren temple so Elis no longer has the element of surprise.  Eientei is probably too hard for her to find so she might go for an easier pick first since what she steals might make it easier to access other places like Eientei."

> "I can see the strands of fate. The girl has a lot of interwoven, thickly-spun strands. Many possible routes, ranching out, but she is destined for great things." Remilia states. "I know not what, or how, or even which path her fate will branch to; I can only really know broad stretches."

> "Hiding behind a mirror would protect you, but it would not disable the Vampire. As I said, creatures of the night are immune to such an attack." Remilia replies.

> "The head monk of Myouren has connections to Shinki and Makai. If I recall what I heard correctly; she was imprisoned within Makai for around a millennium. She likely is already aware of the situation. The question would be what side she is on."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 23, 2019, 09:34:44 pm
>"Wait... Do you think Eientei could be a target? We have people there at the moment, as well as your Maid..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 23, 2019, 10:28:52 pm
>"Wait... Do you think Eientei could be a target? We have people there at the moment, as well as your Maid..."

> "It took the combined forces of myself; Sakuya; Reimu and Yakumo to break past the defenses of Eientei." Remilia remarks. "If Eientei does not want to be found, it will not be found. Target or not."

[NB: Going with Border/Scarlet team winning the Reimu/Marisa fight in IN. In part because Reimu always > Marisa is a thing, and in part because it dosen't even really make sense how the Magic and Nether teams could break Eientei's defenses, while Border obviously has Yukari, and Scarlet has Remilia's Fate combined with Sakuya's time which can probably mess with Kaguya's Eternity.

Not to say Magic/Nether didn't get involved later, they could easily follow the others once they got in. And I imagine breaking into Eientei isn't easy because it's effected by Kaguya's Eternity powers and thus cannot change. Kaguya could figuratively 'lock the doors' eternally.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 23, 2019, 11:24:30 pm
>"But what if they teleported in or opened a portal directly into it? These rogue makaians have sorta appeared somewhat randomly all over gensokyo, after all."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 23, 2019, 11:37:25 pm
// Reimu always wins (https://youtu.be/smJ_vDVOa-0?t=10) indeed!

> "Which side is she on... ?  Why would she be on the heretic daemons side?  Don't Buddhists love peace?  All these daemons have done is cause trouble like attack the human village.  I doubt they are on the daemons side since they setup a barrier specifically to prevent them from passing"

> "Do you think they might go after Reimu's Yin Yang Orbs?  They are pretty much the most powerful weapon in Gensokyo, being able to obliterate any supernatural being"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 24, 2019, 12:57:13 am


> "The head monk of Myouren has connections to Shinki and Makai. If I recall what I heard correctly; she was imprisoned within Makai for around a millennium. She likely is already aware of the situation. The question would be what side she is on."

> "Ah,regarding the Myouren Temple,I am recalling they were wary of the Heretic Makaians since when we..."visited" earler we felt there was a new barrier but not against Youkai ,it was set-up around the time when the Invasion started and Byakuren herself was strangely busy&unavailable deep inside the Temple without prior notice ;all of these has to be connected ".

> " Mmmh,so is the the best way for That Person with A Great Fate - ah, sorry if I am still keeping the who&what vague but we both know and it is to avoid any leaks -  and the Eientei itself,which That Person is currently at ,to stay protected from Elis, who has already become familiar with That Person's Artifact's "Scent ",would be for travelers in need to take precautions and double-checks not to be tracked and for those inside to come out with the same precautions and only in the immediate sorroundings ?"

> " Well certainly a round of warnings to the Gensokyo People Possessing Great Artifacts ,and those close to them, is a good course of action even if only to confirm what they are already suspecting or know ".
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 24, 2019, 01:00:04 am
> "Ah,regarding the Myouren Temple,I am recalling they were wary of the Heretic Makaians since when we..."visited" earler we felt there was a new barrier but not against Youkai ,it was set-up around the time when the Invasion started and Byakuren herself was strangely busy&unavailable deep inside the Temple without prior notice ;all of these has to be connected ".

> " Mmmh,so the best way for Alice and the Eientei itself,which Alice is currently staying at ,to stay protected from Elis, who has already become familiar with Alice's Grimoire "scent",would be  for anyone from outside needing to travel to it to take precautions not to be tracked and the same for thise inside coming if they need to investigate the Bamboo Forest ?"

> " Well certainly a round of warnings to the Gensokyo People Possessing Great Artifacts ,and those close to them, is a good course of action even if only to confirm what they are already suspecting or know ".
>Don't namedrop Alice or the Grimoire, for all we know there may be a nosy fairy maid or Sumireko nearby.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 24, 2019, 04:05:24 am
>Don't namedrop Alice or the Grimoire, for all we know there may be a nosy fairy maid or Sumireko nearby.

> Change them to "That Person" and "That Artifact"(Edited Previous Post).

// Certainly Eientei&Guests and those we are going to find out going to them ( Mokou and eventually Keine,Sumireko and a few Human Villagers ) should have Priority Warnings ( "Dolls-Line-Comm") ; specifically Wriggle at Eientei,when alerted,could really help out by organizing " Insect Sentinels "  in the Bamboo Forest. //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 25, 2019, 09:03:08 pm
>"But what if they teleported in or opened a portal directly into it? These rogue makaians have sorta appeared somewhat randomly all over gensokyo, after all."

> "From my understanding of Houraisan's powers, the palace of Eientei is in a state of Eternity. It can only change if Kaguya wills it to change, or by the hands of someone she's allowed to change it. Opening a portal within it is a change to Eientei. It changes Eientei's state, so it would fail." Remilia states. "It may be possible under the correct circumstances, with magic that can undo Houraisan's powers, but even I could not accomplish that myself; even with my power over Fate. I required Sakuya's assistance."

> "I could feel something strange about that place. Something... stifling." Mayina adds quietly.

// Reimu always wins (https://youtu.be/smJ_vDVOa-0?t=10) indeed!

> "Which side is she on... ?  Why would she be on the heretic daemons side?  Don't Buddhists love peace?  All these daemons have done is cause trouble like attack the human village.  I doubt they are on the daemons side since they setup a barrier specifically to prevent them from passing"

> "Do you think they might go after Reimu's Yin Yang Orbs?  They are pretty much the most powerful weapon in Gensokyo, being able to obliterate any supernatural being"

> "I am no expert on Buddhism." Remilia states. "However, from what I know of Makai, they are highly religious themselves. The Head Monk has spent longer within Makai than on Earth. Perhaps she is not what she seems. I must profess I am not someone who knows her well at all however. And I am the type to always expect the worst out of religious individuals. The amount of people who have tried to kill me by preaching or throwing 'Holy' water at me..."

> The vampire chuckles a little at her digression.

> "Ah,regarding the Myouren Temple,I am recalling they were wary of the Heretic Makaians since when we..."visited" earler we felt there was a new barrier but not against Youkai ,it was set-up around the time when the Invasion started and Byakuren herself was strangely busy&unavailable deep inside the Temple without prior notice ;all of these has to be connected ".

> " Mmmh,so is the the best way for That Person with A Great Fate - ah, sorry if I am still keeping the who&what vague but we both know and it is to avoid any leaks -  and the Eientei itself,which That Person is currently at ,to stay protected from Elis, who has already become familiar with That Person's Artifact's "Scent ",would be for travelers in need to take precautions and double-checks not to be tracked and for those inside to come out with the same precautions and only in the immediate sorroundings ?"

> " Well certainly a round of warnings to the Gensokyo People Possessing Great Artifacts ,and those close to them, is a good course of action even if only to confirm what they are already suspecting or know ".

> Remilia makes a movement that would have been a raising of an eyebrow, if she had one at the current time.

> "A barrier specifically to keep Daemons out? How intriguing. I suppose you attempted to enter with him at some point then. Perhaps the Head Monk is fully aware of the situation then, but has chosen to seclude herself and her scroll rather than be useful and warn others, or use her power to fight back. Coward."

> "As long as she remains in Eientei; she should be safe. I can think of no place safer in Gensokyo, except perhaps wherever Yakumo resides... which may be it's own pocket dimension and not Gensokyo at all." Remilia remarks. "I would even go so far as to say if one's intention was to hide; rather than have a location to use as a base to fight from, Eientei would surpass even my mansion."

> Remilia sighs. "I mean, the security can't even keep out Kirisame from bothering Miss Patchouli."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 25, 2019, 09:24:44 pm
>"Oh, we didn't try to enter with him. There was another Makaian who came to Gensokyo earlier who was on our side. She's back in Makai now, though."

>"Is that so, Mayina? What do you mean by stifling?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 26, 2019, 01:58:49 am
> Wonder what Louise is up to...

> "You don't have to fight in the way we think about it, one can help in other ways like by researching how these portals are penetrating our world's barrier so the problem can be stopped at its source"
> "Or Reimu could help simply by staying alive, considering this isn't the typical risk-free danmaku incident"

> "Maybe design a system that encourages responsible lending instead of wasting your time in vain trying to keep her out.  When a dedicated thief like Marisa wants something they'll get it one way or another so why fight the inevitable?  A thief will always choose the path of least resistance when trying to obtain something so all you'd have to do is make sure its way easier to return a book before taking another rather than circumvent the system".  That way you get a win-win situation where Marisa is no longer destroying the mansion on each break-in, Patchouli isn't over-exhausting herself constantly in the pointless effort of trying to keep her out and most importantly books are being returned and not gone"

> "A design I've thought of is a physical barrier around the mansion that only allows a book to leave if the total magical power and weight contained in all of the bookshelves is larger than a specific amount, so she'd have to return a book before taking another or simply read within the library like a normal person would"  To help explain our design make a sphere barrier in our hand with one small darkness sphere inside and one outside, then move the darkness sphere in and out of the physical barrier, dropping the physical barrier when its inside and restoring it when its outside

> Patent this design as "Rumia's Lending Library Barrier 2000" and sell it to libraries across Gensokyo and Makai!
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 26, 2019, 10:05:27 pm
> "...Point taken . I and all of us at this point are wondering about Byakuren Hijiri for the good and for the bad;surely the Myouren&Guests should now pieces here and there".

> " Ah-ah,Of course that Good Makaian has proven herself to be reliable and helpful,especially when conflicts and big questioning had erupted, so presently she truly had been back for sometime helping checking back on Makai for another help in settling this Special Incident on their end".

> " Yes agreed we are getting more  familiar with Eientei and their concealment though I am also agreeing their security could have side-effects if it focus too much on Concealment and Limited to the Vast Majority of the Bamboo Forest ".

> " Aaand,whenever it is feasible,complete or even bettered-up,no forgetting every book&important objects in Miss'Patchouli 's Library should be linked and trackable to the Same Library by that Special Linked-Tuned Barrier,even though Marisa would need to trade 1 for 1 thus coming to terms without loopholes to slip through; not that she would not try for Usefulfness but she still should come to...Would she ?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 29, 2019, 06:04:28 pm
>"Oh, we didn't try to enter with him. There was another Makaian who came to Gensokyo earlier who was on our side. She's back in Makai now, though."

>"Is that so, Mayina? What do you mean by stifling?"

> The vampire looks mildly interested at this statement, but dosen't push.

> "I didn't feel like I could use my magic well there." the daemon remarks. "Nothing feels like I cannot use what magic remains within me here, but at that palace..."

> Wonder what Louise is up to...

> "You don't have to fight in the way we think about it, one can help in other ways like by researching how these portals are penetrating our world's barrier so the problem can be stopped at its source"
> "Or Reimu could help simply by staying alive, considering this isn't the typical risk-free danmaku incident"

> "Maybe design a system that encourages responsible lending instead of wasting your time in vain trying to keep her out.  When a dedicated thief like Marisa wants something they'll get it one way or another so why fight the inevitable?  A thief will always choose the path of least resistance when trying to obtain something so all you'd have to do is make sure its way easier to return a book before taking another rather than circumvent the system".  That way you get a win-win situation where Marisa is no longer destroying the mansion on each break-in, Patchouli isn't over-exhausting herself constantly in the pointless effort of trying to keep her out and most importantly books are being returned and not gone"

> "A design I've thought of is a physical barrier around the mansion that only allows a book to leave if the total magical power and weight contained in all of the bookshelves is larger than a specific amount, so she'd have to return a book before taking another or simply read within the library like a normal person would"  To help explain our design make a sphere barrier in our hand with one small darkness sphere inside and one outside, then move the darkness sphere in and out of the physical barrier, dropping the physical barrier when its inside and restoring it when its outside

> Patent this design as "Rumia's Lending Library Barrier 2000" and sell it to libraries across Gensokyo and Makai!

> You imagine Louise drinking tea

> "The Head Monk has the most knowledge of anyone, at the very least she could have met with Miss Hakurei to help her solve the incident." Remilia complains in a haughty manner.

> "Marisa tells Patchouli that she isn't stealing, she is borrowing until she dies." Remilia remarks. "Besides, we generally do not like random visitors, especially rowdy ones."

> "Sustaining such a barrier would be a lot for Lady Patchouli. She pushes herself enough to sustain the magic of her familar as it is, with her frail constitution and poor health. And besides; different books have different amounts of magical content."

> "...Point taken . I and all of us at this point are wondering about Byakuren Hijiri for the good and for the bad;surely the Myouren&Guests should now pieces here and there".

> " Ah-ah,Of course that Good Makaian has proven herself to be reliable and helpful,especially when conflicts and big questioning had erupted, so presently she truly had been back for sometime helping checking back on Makai for another help in settling this Special Incident on their end".

> " Yes agreed we are getting more  familiar with Eientei and their concealment though I am also agreeing their security could have side-effects if it focus too much on Concealment and Limited to the Vast Majority of the Bamboo Forest ".

> " Aaand,whenever it is feasible,complete or even bettered-up,no forgetting every book&important objects in Miss'Patchouli 's Library should be linked and trackable to the Same Library by that Special Linked-Tuned Barrier,even though Marisa would need to trade 1 for 1 thus coming to terms without loopholes to slip through; not that she would not try for Usefulfness but she still should come to...Would she ?

> "So there are those within Makai who are not seeking to cause trouble in other realms. That at least is good to know." Remilia comments.

> The vampire thinks.

> "Do you think yourself able to pass on a request from myself to Lady Patchouli?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 29, 2019, 11:41:09 pm
> "I doubt they had any anti Makaian barriers or spells set up there since they didn't really know about Makai.  One possible explanation I can think of is that in the house of eternity your magical energy becomes eternal and the only way to make something finite eternal is to never subtract from it"

> "Borrowing until the end of her life?  That sounds more like stealing to me, isn't giving something back in-person part of borrowing?  Unless being a ghost counts as in-person too"  Chuckle a little at the last bit
> "Perhaps she could use the magic of the books themselves to sustain the barrier?"

> "Some are actually investigating this incident on their side"
> "A request?  Certainly!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 30, 2019, 05:48:03 am
>"Sure. What is it?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on August 31, 2019, 07:57:43 pm
> "I doubt they had any anti Makaian barriers or spells set up there since they didn't really know about Makai.  One possible explanation I can think of is that in the house of eternity your magical energy becomes eternal and the only way to make something finite eternal is to never subtract from it"

> "Borrowing until the end of her life?  That sounds more like stealing to me, isn't giving something back in-person part of borrowing?  Unless being a ghost counts as in-person too"  Chuckle a little at the last bit
> "Perhaps she could use the magic of the books themselves to sustain the barrier?"

> "Some are actually investigating this incident on their side"
> "A request?  Certainly!"

> "Anti-Makai doesn't matter, Eternity is to not change." Remilia explains simply.

> "That's because it is stealing." Mystia comments.

> "The Grimoires do not contain magic, unless they have been enchanted, they contain knowledge." Remilia replies.

>"Sure. What is it?"

> "I wish for Patchouli to send Koakuma to Makai, so she can get a feel for what is occurring and report back. Given our enemy has taken a relic as powerful as Gungnir, surveying the situation in Makai is my next course of action."

> Remilia clenches her fist, looking irate. "Perhaps I shall pay the homeland of my infection a visit once I recover and take back what's mine."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2019, 09:11:17 pm
> "I agree with reconnaissance being the best first course of action instead of doing what Reimu would do and attack everyone on sight demanding they give you back your javelin"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 01, 2019, 06:18:18 am
>"Just so you know, it might be risky. In addition to the rogue faction there that's been causing so much trouble, supposedly an inquisition or something is supposed to start soon in response to it, if it hasn't already. Koakuma could potentially get caught in the crossfire."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 03, 2019, 12:26:51 am
>"Just so you know, it might be risky. In addition to the rogue faction there that's been causing so much trouble, supposedly an inquisition or something is supposed to start soon in response to it, if it hasn't already. Koakuma could potentially get caught in the crossfire."

// The best course of action would be to accompany Koakuma in Full Group(-Wriggle) ,leaving Mayina temporarily behind either to Patchouli&SDM or at Eientei,however the Gensokyo-end Portals are better off closed(unless Special Cases)and they would send us in different places than Koakuma anyways... //.

// In this case then we should really ask Patchouli herself to find a method,with help from others, to send with Koakuma even with just a selected part,Mayina and Wriggle excluded,of the actual group but it is yet to see to what extent //.

> " It is a nice idea and sentiment in itself but due to Times Being Even More Teoubled in Makai, how about also asking  Lady Patchouli if there is way to send us ,or at least some of us ,to accompany Koakuma ? "

> " That way  Koakuma's Birthplace Knowledge could be joined with That  of Our Recent Run-Ins With Both Bad and Good Makaians  ".

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on September 03, 2019, 08:24:29 pm
> "I agree with reconnaissance being the best first course of action instead of doing what Reimu would do and attack everyone on sight demanding they give you back your javelin"

> "I doubt anyone would pay heed to a lesser daemon on a contract; while one such as myself would draw attention." Remilia remarks.

>"Just so you know, it might be risky. In addition to the rogue faction there that's been causing so much trouble, supposedly an inquisition or something is supposed to start soon in response to it, if it hasn't already. Koakuma could potentially get caught in the crossfire."

> "They would be able to tell she's contract-bound to someone." Mayina remarks. "It should be relatively safe, besides normal Makai dangers, of course."

// The best course of action would be to accompany Koakuma in Full Group(-Wriggle) ,leaving Mayna temporarily behind either to Patchouli&SDM or at Eientei,however the Gensokyo-end Portals are better off closed(unless Special Cases)and they would send us in different places than Koakuma anyways... //.

// In this case then we should really ask Patchouli herself to find a method,with help from others, to send with Koakuma even with just a selected part,Mayna and Wriggle excluded,of the actual group but it is yet to see to what extent //.

> " It is a nice idea and sentiment in itself but due to Times Being Even More Teoubled in Makai, how about also asking  Lady Patchouli if there is way to send us ,or at least some of us ,to accompany Koakuma ? "

> " That way  Koakuma's Birthplace Knowledge could be joined with That  of Our Recent Run-Ins With Both Bad and Good Makaians  ".

> "That would be up to you and Patchouli's own abilities. It's one thing sending someone who is native to Makai back to Makai, quite another sending someone who is not, I would imagine."

> At this point Kogasa chimes in.

> "What about an object? Do you think she could take an umbrella?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on September 03, 2019, 08:45:56 pm
> Be somewhat surprised at Kogasa's suggestion
> "That's an idea!"

> "Perhaps the rest of us could travel from another route and then we all meet up somewhere?  Perhaps Paradise?"
> "Don't forget we've yet to investigate Mayina's portal and explore where it connects to"

> Come to think of it we still have to report back to Yumeko and assure her the Grimoire is safe
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 04, 2019, 02:21:24 am
//I actually forgot Kogasa was there  :V

> Be somewhat surprised at Kogasa's suggestion
> "That's an idea!"

> "Perhaps the rest of us could travel from another route and then we all meet up somewhere?  Perhaps Paradise?"
> "Don't forget we've yet to investigate Mayina's portal and explore where it connects to"

> Come to think of it we still have to report back to Yumeko and assure her the Grimoire is safe
>"Hmm... I mean, it's an idea, but we have no idea if you'd be able to get back. The main entrance is sealed from this side, remember? There really wouldn't be a way for us to reach you if you go with Koakuma..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 06, 2019, 04:30:07 am
//I actually forgot Kogasa was there  :V
>"Hmm... I mean, it's an idea, but we have no idea if you'd be able to get back. The main entrance is sealed from this side, remember? There really wouldn't be a way for us to reach you if you go with Koakuma..."

> Specify :" Kogasa,there are are both Upsides&Downsides to thao,and so ,as Lady Remilia wisely said,we should go asking&planning all together with Lady Patchouli but also Koakuma  ".

// My suggestion&vote is the same as my command,extendable and adaptable all together to boot // .

// In the end , it is Alright to be  Checking out the Near-Frozen (?) Mayina's Portal BUT it is a Makai Heretic Portal,or at least Vulnerable and Unreliable to Rumia&co&"Gensokyans" : going through it without ,so to speak," Backfires" is only Feasible when and if there are Fairly Strong Guards and/or Tuned-in Protections and/or Safe Passage on 1 Side and at least partly so on the Other//....

// I agree we have to report&listen as soon as we have Communication, Capable  Contacts (A "" Prepared Pair of  Koakuma&Kogasa "" ?? ) or entrance to Makai, quite a bit to Yumeko,and particularly to  Shinki by Yumeko or not; remindable is  also  Remilia's Gugnir stolen in Makai by Elis/Heretics,as well the situation about Remilia,Flandre,Elis,the Overall  consequences&contermeasures&effects,etc.//
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 06, 2019, 04:41:41 am
//I actually forgot Kogasa was there  :V
>"Hmm... I mean, it's an idea, but we have no idea if you'd be able to get back. The main entrance is sealed from this side, remember? There really wouldn't be a way for us to reach you if you go with Koakuma..."

> Specify :" Kogasa,there are are both Upsides&Downsides to thao,and so ,as Lady Remilia wisely said,we should go asking&planning all together with Lady Patchouli but also Koakuma  ".

// My suggestion&vote is the same as my command,extendable and adaptable all together to boot // .

// In the end , it is Alright to be  Checking out the Near-Frozen (?) Mayina's Portal BUT it is a Makai Heretic Portal,or at least Vulnerable and Unreliable to Rumia&co&"Gensokyans" : going through it without ,so to speak," Backfires" is only Feasible when and if there are Fairly Strong Guards and/or Tuned-in Protections and/or Safe Passage on 1 Side and at least partly so on the Other//....

// I agree we have to report&listen as soon as we have Communication, Capable  Contacts (A "" Prepared Pair of  Koakuma&Kogasa "" ?? ) or entrance to Makai, quite a bit to Yumeko,and particularly to  Shinki by Yumeko or not; remindable is  also  Remilia's Gugnir stolen in Makai by Elis/Heretics,as well the situation about Remilia,Flandre,Elis,the Overall  consequences&contermeasures&effects,etc.//
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on September 06, 2019, 10:37:56 pm
> Be somewhat surprised at Kogasa's suggestion
> "That's an idea!"

> "Perhaps the rest of us could travel from another route and then we all meet up somewhere?  Perhaps Paradise?"
> "Don't forget we've yet to investigate Mayina's portal and explore where it connects to"

> Come to think of it we still have to report back to Yumeko and assure her the Grimoire is safe

> Kogasa is beaming at your surprise.

> "Makai dosen't have too many other landmarks to meet up at. There's the odd village, maybe a place where a powerful daemon has warped the world to their whims. And the Ruins; but most tend to avoid that forsaken place." Mayina remarks.

> "It leads near my village. Not directly to it, but also not far."

> You recall that should you go to Makai once again, you should inform Yumeko of the status of the Grimore, and perhaps her younger sister.

//I actually forgot Kogasa was there  :V
>"Hmm... I mean, it's an idea, but we have no idea if you'd be able to get back. The main entrance is sealed from this side, remember? There really wouldn't be a way for us to reach you if you go with Koakuma..."

// Kogasa pops up when least expected!

> "Patchouli can summon her familiar back. If the umbrella is able to enter Makai as an item of the familiar, then she can return in the same manner." Remilia remarks.

> Specify :" Kogasa,there are are both Upsides&Downsides to thao,and so ,as Lady Remilia wisely said,we should go asking&planning all together with Lady Patchouli but also Koakuma  ".

// My suggestion&vote is the same as my command,extendable and adaptable all together to boot // .

// In the end , it is Alright to be  Checking out the Near-Frozen (?) Mayina's Portal BUT it is a Makai Heretic Portal,or at least Vulnerable and Unreliable to Rumia&co&"Gensokyans" : going through it without ,so to speak," Backfires" is only Feasible when and if there are Fairly Strong Guards and/or Tuned-in Protections and/or Safe Passage on 1 Side and at least partly so on the Other//....

// I agree we have to report&listen as soon as we have Communication, Capable  Contacts (A "" Prepared Pair of  Koakuma&Kogasa "" ?? ) or entrance to Makai, quite a bit to Yumeko,and particularly to  Shinki by Yumeko or not; remindable is  also  Remilia's Gugnir stolen in Makai by Elis/Heretics,as well the situation about Remilia,Flandre,Elis,the Overall  consequences&contermeasures&effects,etc.//

> You consider various methods to enter Makai and search for information; as well as reporting your own findings. You would indeed have to enquire with Patchouli about her own capabilities. You also recall you were able to pass through the barrier in the Cave with the assistance of Okina, but you're unsure how reliable her assistance is. You're unsure if Mayina's portal is even still open, but it is worth checking.

> Sumireiko suddenly enters the room, in somewhat of a panic.

> Flandre is behind her, looking curiously at the human projection, with her mouth open.

> "Huh, why can't I bite you?" she asks.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on September 07, 2019, 12:20:57 am
> Cheerfully wave and say "Hey Flan!"

> Playfully explain "Cause she's both there and also not really there at the same time!  I didn't find her very appetizing either!"

> "If you're able to summon both of them back then sure!  If we learned anything from the bandits, there's safety in numbers in Makai"

> "In the mean time the rest of us will re-investigate Mayina's portal, its entirely possible someone else came through while we were gone and left some evidence or leads that will be useful in our investigation!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on September 07, 2019, 10:39:22 pm
> Cheerfully wave and say "Hey Flan!"

> Playfully explain "Cause she's both there and also not really there at the same time!  I didn't find her very appetizing either!"

> "If you're able to summon both of them back then sure!  If we learned anything from the bandits, there's safety in numbers in Makai"

> "In the mean time the rest of us will re-investigate Mayina's portal, its entirely possible someone else came through while we were gone and left some evidence or leads that will be useful in our investigation!"

> Flandre looks a little confused, before she simply remarks "Gensokyo is strange." with a playful smirk.

> "You would have to talk with Patchouli to make sure she's capable before doing anything." Remilia remarks. "I don't know how capable she is today, and I'm not the expert regarding the magic involved."

> "It would be difficult for anything to come through a portal within an ice cube." the deamon says.

> Cirno looks a little bit apprehensive. "Yeah, nothing could break my ice..."

> "It's probably thawed by now anyway." Daiyousei points out.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on September 07, 2019, 11:58:37 pm
> "Daiyousei is right that was a while ago, addiyionally someone who can use lasers could have gotten through as lasers can shatter ice"

> "Why don't we go talk to miss Patchouli and see if she's feeling up to it today"

> Bow and leave before realizing we don't know where to go and returning to ask "Where is she?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 09, 2019, 10:29:38 pm
> "Daiyousei is right that was a while ago, addiyionally someone who can use lasers could have gotten through as lasers can shatter ice"

> "Why don't we go talk to miss Patchouli and see if she's feeling up to it today"

> Bow and leave before realizing we don't know where to go and returning to ask "Where is she?"

> Of course we should also talk about " feasible security&communication measures" and be ready to give out that useful info to report to Koakuma and Kogasa.


> Smile while looking between Lady Remilia, Flandre and Sumireko : "
Oh-oh, and is it possible for Flandre and Sumireko to be coming to the meeting as well? Naturally if they want to ".
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on September 09, 2019, 11:49:47 pm
> Don't mention or hint at Alice's doll communication when mentioning ways to communicate with Koakuma and Kogasa

> Find Patchouli after Remilia tells us where to find her
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on September 10, 2019, 08:21:55 pm
> "Daiyousei is right that was a while ago, addiyionally someone who can use lasers could have gotten through as lasers can shatter ice"

> "Why don't we go talk to miss Patchouli and see if she's feeling up to it today"

> Bow and leave before realizing we don't know where to go and returning to ask "Where is she?"

> "Patchouli is in the library." Remilia states, before she holds out her palm.

> There is a faint red glow; and then a bat appears; with glowing red eyes. The bat flies to the door, and Remilia indicates to follow it.

> Of course we should also talk about " feasible security&communication measures" and be ready to give out that useful info to report to Koakuma and Kogasa.


> Smile while looking between Lady Remilia, Flandre and Sumireko : "
Oh-oh, and is it possible for Flandre and Sumireko to be coming to the meeting as well? Naturally if they want to ".

> Don't mention or hint at Alice's doll communication when mentioning ways to communicate with Koakuma and Kogasa

> Find Patchouli after Remilia tells us where to find her

> "I'm in no position to be restraining my sister's whims at this stage; even if I wished to do so." Remilia responds. "As for the human, I'm not her Mistress."

> You follow the bat, which leads you back into the Foyer, and then down the stairs and to a large set of double-doors.

> Upon opening the doors, you are on a small balcony of sorts, stairs going down each side. Before and below you, you see bookshelves stacked with books going on as far as the eye can see.

> The bat leaves the library, seemingly returning to Remilia.

> "This many books exist?" Mystia remarks.

> "It's like my worst nightmare come true..." Cirno mutters.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on September 11, 2019, 02:34:50 am
> Take a few moments to just stare in amazement
> "Woah..."

> If we can't seem to spot Patchouli see if we can figure out some pattern as to which the books and bookshelves are arranged, or any empty spots in the distance.

> After having a look from above the stairs walk down the left stair and have a look around

> Make sure Cirno, Kogasa and Mayina don't touch anything!  Form a physical barrier in front of them if the try to and remind them that its rude to look through other people's stuff
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 12, 2019, 07:33:54 am
>"Now now, Cirno. It's not necessarily your worst nightmare. You aren't being forced to read all of them, are you?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on September 12, 2019, 10:22:01 am
>"Now now, Cirno. It's not necessarily your worst nightmare. You aren't being forced to read all of them, are you?"

> "That's the next part of it!" the fairy exclaims, waving her arms frantically.

> Take a few moments to just stare in amazement
> "Woah..."

> If we can't seem to spot Patchouli see if we can figure out some pattern as to which the books and bookshelves are arranged, or any empty spots in the distance.

> After having a look from above the stairs walk down the left stair and have a look around

> Make sure Cirno, Kogasa and Mayina don't touch anything!  Form a physical barrier in front of them if the try to and remind them that its rude to look through other people's stuff

> You cannot see Patchouli. However, you do spot Koakuma flying between some bookshelves as you look.

> The one who seems most likely to reach for books is Sumireiko, she seems fascinated by the collection. That said, you're not even sure if she could actually touch the books. You're fairly sure that Cirno wouldn't willingly touch a book with a ten-foot pole.

> Mystia looks a little unnerved as well around this amount of books. You recall that she really isn't good at reading, and finds such fact rather embarrassing, although she'd be too prideful to ever admit it.

> You're also not good at reading. Although your excuse is that you're always in a darkness sphere and until yesterday couldn't see in the dark. So it was rather tough for you to actually see the written word.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on September 12, 2019, 04:38:23 pm
> Wave at Koakuma and say "Would you know where miss Patchouli is?"

> Atleast we have an excuse!
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Raikaria on September 14, 2019, 09:42:01 pm
> Wave at Koakuma and say "Would you know where miss Patchouli is?"

> Atleast we have an excuse!

> Koakuma doesn't spot you waving, but does hear you, and flies over.

> She at first makes a 'shush' motion, and then near-whispers. "Lady Patchouli is currently in the study, performing some magical research."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
Post by: Tom on September 15, 2019, 04:02:04 am
> Whisper "Lady Remilia sent us to discuss the possibility of you revisiting Makai as you could get a better understanding of the situation, as Elis has managed to steal Remilia's javelin"

> Whisper "Unless you have any objections to temporarily returning to Makai?"