Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: Raikaria on November 08, 2018, 05:37:40 pm

Title: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 08, 2018, 05:37:40 pm
(https://i.imgur.com/6y0Npea.jpg)

> You are [Still] Rumia

> Recently, an incident overcame Gensokyo where hostile; phantom figures would appear, attacking people without regard for the Spellcard rules. Shortly after finding out about the incident, you stumbled upon a strange being from a world called Makai called Louise, as well as encountering and befriending the Karakasa; Kogasa.

Since encountering Louise, you have been acting as her 'guide'. You and your group escorted her to the Myouren Temple [Which she couldn't enter and you were chased away from], the Moriya Shrine [Which you could enter, and indeed were invited into, meeting Sanae and Kanako.]

> After this; Louise used the vantage point of Youkai Mountain to identify two locations she wanted to investigate. On the way to the first, you were attacked by a group of Makai Fairies; led by what is best described as a Makai Sunflower Fairy; Donitia. She claims to be the strongest fairy in Makai, but currently is out of energy due to her being outside of Makai.

> You were then attacked by the one who sent out Donitia, Mayina. A male, orange-haired daemon [wearing an outfit similar to Koakuma] who attempted to kill you and your friends. However, his last-ditch magical explosion failed; and he has also exausted his magical reserve and is current your effective prisoner. After all, he can't be allowed to return to Makai and inform his boss, it could make the incident even worse, according to Louise.

> When you reached the Forest of Magic, you were attacked by dolls, includeing a giant one. Kogasa managed to find the one controlling the dolls; and between your talking and Kogasa's actions, she let you go. It seemed that the Makai residents knew the puppeteer however, and she did not want them to know about her.

> Finally you headed to the Hakurei Cave. After making a stop at an invisible Hakurei Shrine to enlist the help of Sunny's group, you managed to convince Aunn to leave her guard of the cave.

> Currently, you are halfway through breaking through a seal in the cave. However, this triggered some sort of trap utilizing Hakurei Ying-Yang orbs; which Louise has stopped. You are now attempting to get past the seal's second layer, and some strange fragments floating there crackling with ominous energy.

> Your current party is yourself; Wriggle; Mystia; Cirno; Daiyousei; Louise; Kogasa; Donitia; Mayina and Clownpiece.

> There is a document here with relation status: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kXTuH60F-0z7iCl90DyS22gwYSK44igteW8LRz_J0KM/edit?usp=sharing (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kXTuH60F-0z7iCl90DyS22gwYSK44igteW8LRz_J0KM/edit?usp=sharing)

Quote
> Try firing a darkness bullet, see if it darkens the glow of the talismans when it gets pulled in

> The bullet brightens up as the fragments break it apart and absorb it.

> The crackleing is getting more intense, and audible. After absorbing the dark bullet, you feel something... ominous. The cave feels colder... no that one's just Cirno Perfect Freezeing the slow-area and the orbs.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 08, 2018, 07:22:01 pm
> Inspect the fragments closely, can we see any specific patterns on them?  If not perform the following
> "These fragments seem to charge with shots, let's take cover and set them off from a distance"
> Move backwards from the fragments and take cover behind some wall, wave to our group to follow
> Who else can create darkness bullets?
> Once behind the wall, launch a stream of aimed darkness bullets onto the fragments, keep firing even if the fragments energy intensifies, stop when we think they are ready to explode
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 08, 2018, 08:04:09 pm
> Inspect the fragments closely, can we see any specific patterns on them?  If not perform the following
> "These fragments seem to charge with shots, let's take cover and set them off from a distance"
> Move backwards from the fragments and take cover behind some wall, wave to our group to follow
> Who else can create darkness bullets?
> Once behind the wall, launch a stream of aimed darkness bullets onto the fragments, keep firing even if the fragments energy intensifies, stop when we think they are ready to explode

> There are no clear patterns.

> "Cover?" Mystia asks. "There isn't really any except that big ice block, and we can't all fit behind it."

> "And using that as cover might not be the best idea..." Daiyousei adds.

> No-one, at least that you know, can form blasts out of darkness. Darkness youkai and all.

> You personally move to a position near the ice block; and fire a stream of bullets towards the barrier and the fragments.

> You stop; not because it looks like they'll explode, but because they start moving. Pulling themselves towards each other.Small splinters of wood connecting into larger ones.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 08, 2018, 08:22:48 pm
> What seems to be forming out of the fragments?
> Are the pieces still moving even though we stopped shooting?
> Try forming a demaraction barrier around them
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 08, 2018, 08:37:01 pm
> What seems to be forming out of the fragments?
> Are the pieces still moving even though we stopped shooting?
> Try forming a demaraction barrier around them

> Clarification: Barrier around individual clumps or the entire group of fragments?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 08, 2018, 10:04:24 pm
> Try with individual fragments first, if nothing interesting happens try around all of them
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 08, 2018, 10:23:45 pm
> Try with individual fragments first, if nothing interesting happens try around all of them

> You form a barrier around one of the clusters of fragments.

> This seems to disrupt the energy enough that the fragments in the cluster fall to the bottom of the barrier, although they do not separate and continue to join together inside it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 08, 2018, 10:25:29 pm
> Move the barrier slowly away from the rest of the clumps
> How many clumps are there?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 08, 2018, 10:38:07 pm
> Move the barrier slowly away from the rest of the clumps
> How many clumps are there?

> You attempt to do this, but the energy resists, acting like some sort of net around your barrier after you move it more than a few centimeters.

> Currently 8, five wooden, three metallic. The metal ones are joining together into some sort of large crescent, while the wood ones are joining into a staff-like shaft.

> "If that is what I think it is... we might be in trouble." Louise says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 08, 2018, 10:41:21 pm
> "What are the fragments forming?  I'm able to disrupt their energy with my barriers"
> Form a barrier around the crescent
> Move the barrier around the wooden clump into the floor so the fragments get clipped between the barrier and the floor
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 08, 2018, 11:04:07 pm
> "What are the fragments forming?  I'm able to disrupt their energy with my barriers"
> Form a barrier around the crescent
> Move the barrier around the wooden clump into the floor so the fragments get clipped between the barrier and the floor

> "A Sceptre." Louise says. "But I do not see it's owner anywhere."

> As you try to form a barrier around the crescent, the dark energy around it lashes out and breaks it. It seems the energy is stronger there.

> The energy web will not let you move the wood that far.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 08, 2018, 11:09:19 pm
> "Who is it's owner?"
> Did the energy lashing out and breaking the barrier seem to have used up any of the dark energy?  Like did it reduce its energy
> Form a barrier around the wooden fragment closest to the crescent and let it drop to the bottom
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 08, 2018, 11:17:08 pm
> "Who is it's owner?"
> Did the energy lashing out and breaking the barrier seem to have used up any of the dark energy?  Like did it reduce its energy
> Form a barrier around the wooden fragment closest to the crescent and let it drop to the bottom

> "I don't know her name... but she's a wicked spirit who entered Makai alongside a terrifying Youkai, a witch and Reimu." Louise says.

> No.

> You form a second barrier. It works; but it dosen't feel like you can hold two of the barriers up against the energy.

> As the scepter re-forms more, you feel a presence. You think you see a hand reach out for the still-forming magical focus for a moment.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 08, 2018, 11:28:43 pm
> "Reimu has been to Makai before?"
> Drop the barrier we just created and form one over where we *think* the hand is
> If we need to drop the first barrier to contain the hand do so
> If we can not contain the hand regardless form a second barrier around our first barrier so we have 2 barriers around the one fragment
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 09, 2018, 12:14:42 am
>"Perhaps we can negotiate with them?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 09, 2018, 12:22:13 am
// Recruit Mima *please*
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 09, 2018, 08:34:04 pm
> "Reimu has been to Makai before?"
> Drop the barrier we just created and form one over where we *think* the hand is
> If we need to drop the first barrier to contain the hand do so
> If we can not contain the hand regardless form a second barrier around our first barrier so we have 2 barriers around the one fragment

> "Yes." Louise states simply.

> You form a new barrier over where the phantom hand showed up for a moment. The barrier fails to form.

> You form a second barrier around the first one instead, reinforcing it.

> The fragments form into an almost complete staff, the missing piece clearly being what you've put a barrier around.

>"Perhaps we can negotiate with them?"

> "I doubt it." Louise replies. "But maybe she's more amicable to Youkai."

> The hand re-appears, more visible than before. Dark energy crackles from the fingers and shatters the barriers you put up; and the staff forms whole. You hear a very faint and chilling "Don't get in my way."

> The phantom hand reaches for the now-complete stave.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 09, 2018, 08:55:11 pm
>"Everyone hold your fire, but stay on your guard. We don't know yet if this spirit is a friend or foe."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 09, 2018, 08:55:57 pm
// edited due to autocorrect typo
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 09, 2018, 09:33:32 pm
> Say that in a low tone so only our group hears it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 09, 2018, 10:26:27 pm
>"Everyone hold your fire, but stay on your guard. We don't know yet if this spirit is a friend or foe."

> Say that in a low tone so only our group hears it

> No-one shoots at the spirit. The hand grabs the stave.

> At that moment, there is a wave of... cold. The type that sends chills up your spine.  The phantom hand solidifies and more forms behind it, as the stave is raised. As this is occurring, you feel a completely overwhelming magical presence.

> An Evil Spirit emerges, with vivid green hair, and wearing a striking blue outfit [Which oddly has a long skirt despite her lack of legs]. She is wearing a conic hat with a yellow sun upon it.

(http://safebooru.org//images/1275/76ed33c03003a9d35d08d557a17a13e5012c9ee5.png)

> For a moment, black energy arcs around her, striking all the talismans and the barrier; which cracks, but stays intact. The talismans burst into black flames and burn.

> The phantom then falls to... what you guess is the equivalent of her knees, panting heavily, before she looks up, hate in her eyes and says one word.

> "Hakurei..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 09, 2018, 10:37:49 pm
>"We're not affiliated with that shrine, so don't worry..."
>"Um... are you alright?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 09, 2018, 10:44:09 pm
>"We're not affiliated with that shrine, so don't worry..."
>"Um... are you alright?"

> The spirit dosen't respond to your statement about the shrine.

> "Better than I have been for over a decade... where is Hakurei..." the spirit says. She spits that name like it's a curse.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 09, 2018, 10:49:55 pm
// To other players: Lets play dumb
> "Hakurei who?  The barrier?"
> "What happened to you?  You're fragments seem to have been caught between the seals we were destroying"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 09, 2018, 10:53:13 pm
// To other players: Lets play dumb
> "Hakurei who?  The barrier?"
>We already mentioned the shrine, and this lady doesn't look stupid. Plus she's powerful. It'll be wiser to not do something like this.

>"No idea. There's an incident going on, so she's off who knows where."
>"She's probably going to tear all of us a new one if she finds out we came here... So you've been trapped in there for over a decade? Yikes, that must've felt horrible."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 09, 2018, 10:54:48 pm
> Don't say there's an incident going on, just say that we haven't seen her for a while
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 09, 2018, 11:03:29 pm
// To other players: Lets play dumb
> "Hakurei who?  The barrier?"
> "What happened to you?  You're fragments seem to have been caught between the seals we were destroying"

>We already mentioned the shrine, and this lady doesn't look stupid. Plus she's powerful. It'll be wiser to not do something like this.

>"No idea. There's an incident going on, so she's off who knows where."
>"She's probably going to tear all of us a new one if she finds out we came here... So you've been trapped in there for over a decade? Yikes, that must've felt horrible."

> Don't say there's an incident going on, just say that we haven't seen her for a while

[OCC: Indeed, playing dumb and lying to her wouldn't have sparked a positive reaction at all.]

> The spirit looks at you for a few seconds.

> "Yes, I guess that makes sense, else you wouldn't have even made it to this cave. And that means there must be an incident. Especially with these Makaians here." the spirit muses, getting up. "They found a way back without breaking the barrier. And there's some youkai here trying to break through. How... amusing."

> "Your fate isn't of any concern to me... but yes; I was sealed in a seal within a seal; my energy siphoned off to strengthen the barrier between worlds. A true hell beyond Hell. Have you ever felt the pain of the Hakurei exorcism? Try facing it's full wrath for over a decade, unable to move to the point you cannot even scream."

> The spirit thinks for a moment.

> "If the Maiden is solving an incident, I shall await her at the site of her Shrine then."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 09, 2018, 11:16:17 pm
// We will likely be joining Mima getting sealed if Reimu finds out what we did...
> Realize what Reimu would do if she wasn't holding back...
> "That might not be such a good idea considering she had over 10 years to get more powerful while you were stuck between worlds.  I assume she sealed you in the first place."
> "The Makai people might not be breaking this barrier to get to Gensokyo but have found a way to break the Hakurei barrier which sustains our world, and we are trying to figure out how and why.  We were trying to get in to Makai when we freed you"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 09, 2018, 11:26:09 pm
>"Besides... Things might have changed a lot since you were sealed. ...Are you aware of the spellcard laws, Miss... um..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 09, 2018, 11:34:46 pm
// We will likely be joining Mima getting sealed if Reimu finds out what we did...
> Realize what Reimu would do if she wasn't holding back...
> "That might not be such a good idea considering she had over 10 years to get more powerful while you were stuck between worlds.  I assume she sealed you in the first place."
> "The Makai people might not be breaking this barrier to get to Gensokyo but have found a way to break the Hakurei barrier which sustains our world, and we are trying to figure out how and why.  We were trying to get in to Makai when we freed you"

> Whatever she did to this spirit was worse than extermination...

> The spirit scoffs at you pointing out Reimu got stronger.

> "Interesting..." the spirit remarks; before she slings her stave over her shoulder and fires a thin beam of light from it, tiny twinkling lights streaming off it like dust.

> The beam pierces the already damaged barrier, which shatters.

> "Do as you please. That's the best way to live after all." the spirit remarks, floating aside and out of the way of the now-opened tunnel. "Although I doubt a child like you could survive in that world."

>"Besides... Things might have changed a lot since you were sealed. ...Are you aware of the spellcard laws, Miss... um..."

> "Rules? Bah, the youkai actually accepted those things she was drafting up? Where's the fun in that?" the spirit remarks, sounding almost insulted. She seems to ignore your inquiry into her name.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 09, 2018, 11:39:18 pm
>"The rules have done a lot of good for Gensokyo. Weak youkai like us can actually stand sort of a chance against stronger ones now, and it gives some humans a better chance of winning a duel with youkai as well."
>Did Cirno ever brag about beating Marisa in a spellcard duel to everyone?
>>If so: "I mean, they have to be doing good if it let Cirno here take on Marisa Kirisame in a one on one duel and win!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 09, 2018, 11:49:57 pm
> "Also you don't get sealed these days after loosing a battle with the rules in effect"
> "You could just avoid the shrine maiden entirely, she wouldn't know you were unsealed and wouldn't try to seal you again, meanwhile you could search for ways to get more powerful"

// I do want to ask why Mima got sealed but I'm not sure how to word it nicely.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 10, 2018, 02:47:25 pm
>"The rules have done a lot of good for Gensokyo. Weak youkai like us can actually stand sort of a chance against stronger ones now, and it gives some humans a better chance of winning a duel with youkai as well."
>Did Cirno ever brag about beating Marisa in a spellcard duel to everyone?
>>If so: "I mean, they have to be doing good if it let Cirno here take on Marisa Kirisame in a one on one duel and win!"

> "If the weak can challenge the strong, what's the point in putting effort in to become strong? It spits in the face of hard work." the phantom says.

> No. [Because Marisa won; Cirno's the one looking beat up at the end for a reason]

> "Also you don't get sealed these days after loosing a battle with the rules in effect"
> "You could just avoid the shrine maiden entirely, she wouldn't know you were unsealed and wouldn't try to seal you again, meanwhile you could search for ways to get more powerful"

// I do want to ask why Mima got sealed but I'm not sure how to word it nicely.

> "You keep saying I need to get stronger." the spirit says. "Do you think me weak?"

> The pressure emitting from the spirit increases, the malice is thick enough it feels like you're breathing water instead of air.

> "T...this is like when Yuuka is chasing someone off..." Wriggle says.

> "Oh, you know Kazami?" the spirit says. "I suppose an insect would be tolerated by a flower."

> The feeling subsides, and the spirit looks back to you.

> "Don't interfere in my affairs and I won't interfere in yours. I'm no friend of Makai after all. I have every reason to stop you all right here."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 10, 2018, 04:14:01 pm
// To other players: Anything else to ask, seems like she won't be changing her mind
> She does have a point about the rules and hard work, but aren't the strong also better at spell card battles?  Ex us vs Reimu and us vs a random human?
> "Alright, we will just be on our way then"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 10, 2018, 04:58:05 pm
>"There's still levels of strength despite the laws. I mean, despite the slim chance under the laws, none of us would be able to win against people like Miss Reimu or Marisa, they're just that good. Plus the laws prevent anyone from dying."

>"And no, I don't think you're weak. Quite the opposite in fact. I'm just concerned about you being sealed away again, nobody should have to suffer like that..."
>Shudder.

>"And don't worry. We're not with the ones behind the incident. We just needed a way to return our prisoner on our own terms. We couldn't risk throwing him back through his portal and having him call reinforcements, nor could we risk killing him and letting them send a search party. Besides, from what we gathered by interrogating him, the ones behind the incident seem to be a separate faction within Makai."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 10, 2018, 04:58:36 pm
//edit
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 10, 2018, 05:48:17 pm
// Cancel my actions and perform Evil_Nazgul0616's instead
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 10, 2018, 06:01:36 pm
//edit again sorry
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 10, 2018, 08:01:29 pm
>"There's still levels of strength despite the laws. I mean, despite the slim chance under the laws, none of us would be able to win against people like Miss Reimu or Marisa, they're just that good. Plus the laws prevent anyone from dying."

>"And no, I don't think you're weak. Quite the opposite in fact. I'm just concerned about you being sealed away again, nobody should have to suffer like that..."
>Shudder.

>"And don't worry. We're not with the ones behind the incident. We just needed a way to return our prisoner on our own terms. We couldn't risk throwing him back through his portal and having him call reinforcements, nor could we risk killing him and letting them send a search party. Besides, from what we gathered by interrogating him, the ones behind the incident seem to be a separate faction within Makai."

> "You think I care about people dying?" the spirit asks; wiggling her ghost-tail.

> "It took getting the jump on me after an invasion of Makai to seal me. I'm not so easily put down." the spirit protests.

> "I couldn't care less what you are doing or about the incident. I'm just simply no friend of Makai. I could obstruct you just because I felt like it.

> The spirit floats towards the cave exit, but looks back and says with a smile. "Think of this encounter whenever you hear my name. Mima."

> The spirit turns to leave.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 10, 2018, 08:24:22 pm
//at work, would you guys mind waiting for me?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on November 10, 2018, 08:33:12 pm
//I guess. I was gonna put this (don't parse pls):

>Quietly to the others so Mima can't hear: "If we let her go to the shrine she might hurt Aunn, but if we try warning Aunn about Mima, she might tell Reimu about this. And then Reimu will seal all of us most likely."
//
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 10, 2018, 08:34:20 pm
// I was thinking maybe we could play this to our advantage with Auun, since Mima is actually a ghost and we sent Auun to look for ghosts at the shrine, any ideas?  It could prevent our relationship status from degrading.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on November 10, 2018, 08:40:08 pm
//Well if Aunn tries to exorcise Mima it would probably end badly for Aunn, so it's probably not the best idea to let that happen.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 10, 2018, 08:41:58 pm
// Mima could rat us out to Reimu after being defeated in an effort not to get sealed again
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on November 10, 2018, 08:50:11 pm
//So either way Reimu will find out about it, so the priority is not to let that happen. Maybe we could convinve Aunn that Reimu finding out about it will be bad for her as well, since she did let her guard down.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 10, 2018, 09:36:28 pm
//On break.

>Don't parse the following without approval from another player.

>"Miss Mima, before you go, you should know that there is an adorable doglike youkai at the shrine. She was guarding this cave, and we were able to make her leave by claiming there was a ghost haunting the shrine. If she hasn't discovered our fairy friend, then she might think you're the ghost and try to attack you. Please go easy on her if that happens."

//How does this sound?

//EDIT: Will be going back to work for another two hours.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 10, 2018, 09:37:58 pm
// Sounds good!
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 10, 2018, 11:15:45 pm
//On break.

>Don't parse the following without approval from another player.

>"Miss Mima, before you go, you should know that there is an adorable doglike youkai at the shrine. She was guarding this cave, and we were able to make her leave by claiming there was a ghost haunting the shrine. If she hasn't discovered our fairy friend, then she might think you're the ghost and try to attack you. Please go easy on her if that happens."

//How does this sound?

//EDIT: Will be going back to work for another two hours.

> "So if I find a dog-like youkai I do not think is adorable I am free to go all out?" the spirit says mockingly. "Maybe I'll tame her and make her my pet if she's a good girl."

> With that, the spirit flies up the tunnel.

> "Thank goodness she decided to leave us be." Louise remarks. "She was able to perceive me even through my Charm. I've got better since I last met her, but I still don't think I could beat her."

> Louise flicks her wrist, and a magical chain flies from it; binding Mayina's wrists together.

> "Not taking any chances with you getting your power back in Makai and trying to escape." she says. "The fairy doesn't matter, of course, but I'm definitely putting you under restraint."

> Louise reaches inside her luggage bag and pulls out an almost completely clear bubble-like sphere. She waves it around a few times. It turns slightly blue, and she turns to your group.

> "Any volunteers?" she asks.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 10, 2018, 11:37:44 pm
> "What's the bubble for?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 10, 2018, 11:39:33 pm
> "What's the bubble for?"

> "Keeping the Maisma out. It would be best if someone from Gensokyo explained the situation in Gensokyo." Louise says. "It's a filter. Should keep you from suffocating in Makai's Maisma."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 10, 2018, 11:42:19 pm
>"oh, nice."
>Look around at our team
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 10, 2018, 11:55:34 pm
> We *are* the leader so shouldn't we try it first?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 11, 2018, 12:31:16 am
//The looking around is just to see how they're reacting to all this.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 11, 2018, 02:19:13 pm
>"oh, nice."
>Look around at our team

> They look worried.

> "Haven't you been saying this whole time that we wouldn't survive in Makai?" Wriggle asked.

> "Last thing I wanted was you lot charging off into a portal or something." Louise says. "And naturally, you wouldn't survive. With this magic filter however, I can take someone with me."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 11, 2018, 04:06:57 pm
>"Someone? As in, singular?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 11, 2018, 06:20:02 pm
>"Someone? As in, singular?"

> "My bag isn't bottomless." Louise says. "I only have a single filter."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 11, 2018, 06:24:59 pm
>"Can the filter only hold one? Or could we squeeze more than one person in there?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 11, 2018, 07:21:05 pm
> Visually examine the filter, how large is it?  As big as the smallest we can make our darkness sphere?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 11, 2018, 09:20:02 pm
>"Can the filter only hold one? Or could we squeeze more than one person in there?"

> It can clearly only hold one head within it. It's like a helmet.

> Visually examine the filter, how large is it?  As big as the smallest we can make our darkness sphere?

> It is a little bit larger than Louise's head. So it is significantly smaller than your condensed darkness [Which basically covers an area large enough for you to have your arms out around yourself]

> Looking closer it's appearance currently is like blue glass, except it seems to shift and shimmer, like liquid.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 11, 2018, 09:55:46 pm
> "I'll try it, how does this work?"
> Approach
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 11, 2018, 10:20:03 pm
> "I'll try it, how does this work?"
> Approach

> Louise pushes the orb into your face. And then over it.

> It feels cold and wet for a moment. But this subsides. The bubble-helmet wraps around your neck [Not violently; just sort of touching it] and seals.

> Your hearing is a little dimmer than usual; as you hear Cirno saying "I don't need a helmet!" and Mystia remarking it looks a bit odd.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 11, 2018, 10:22:03 pm
> "Felt weird at first but now its fine"
> "How far is this place we are going to Louise?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 11, 2018, 10:34:20 pm
>"And this is the only one you have?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 11, 2018, 10:35:58 pm
// She said before that her bag is not bottomless
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 11, 2018, 11:00:34 pm
> "Felt weird at first but now its fine"
> "How far is this place we are going to Louise?"

> "Makes sense. It's not everyday you breathe through a filter." Louise says.

> "I'm afraid to say we'll have to go rather far. There is only one place of real authority in Makai, and it's at the very center of it."

>"And this is the only one you have?"

> "Yes." the woman states flatly.

> Kogasa raises her hand.

> "Is it OK to go if I don't need to breathe?"

> Louise looks confused.

> "Umbrellas don't have lungs."

> Louise sighs.

> "Well that means you won't suffocate, but if you feel like you can't handle the Maisma, go back. I don't know how it works with animated objects that do not originate in Makai."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 11, 2018, 11:09:18 pm
//At work again. Break in 2 hours
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 11, 2018, 11:18:24 pm
> "Alright let's go"
> Turn towards Wriggle
> "Everyone else should wait for us to return somewhere safe, like Misty Lake"
> "It would be a good idea to also stay clear of Reimu for now"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 11, 2018, 11:22:12 pm
//Could you please wait for me, there's something I want to say as well
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 12, 2018, 01:08:43 am
> "Alright let's go"
> Turn towards Wriggle
> "Everyone else should wait for us to return somewhere safe, like Misty Lake"
> "It would be a good idea to also stay clear of Reimu for now"
>Hold off on committing to leave for now.

>"Are you sure, Kogasa? It could be dangerous."

>"What should everyone else do while we're gone? We can't exactly leave this unguarded, but if Miss Reimu shows up and finds us here we could be in a heap of trouble..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 12, 2018, 01:37:49 am
// I said they should go to Misty Lake so if Reimu shows up she finds no one, additionally once we are in we can exit through the other portal if Reimu is in the way (Mayina's portal)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 12, 2018, 05:37:04 am
// I said they should go to Misty Lake so if Reimu shows up she finds no one, additionally once we are in we can exit through the other portal if Reimu is in the way (Mayina's portal)
//The portal that's very much still frozen?

//Also I'm more concerned about what if demons rush out in the time between us going in there and Reimu or Aunn returning. Or worse, what if they overrun Aunn. Sending them to the Misty Lake might leave the portal unprotected for a window of time.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 12, 2018, 07:14:20 am
// I'm sure we can figure something out for the ice, but we do need to guard this entrance, but according to Louise isn't Yumeko on the other side of the portal?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 12, 2018, 07:15:25 am
//It was implied that we'll have to fetch Yumeko first.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 12, 2018, 03:59:41 pm
// The thing is we can't actually leave anyone here since this is the first place Reimu will look when she figures this out
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 12, 2018, 09:25:22 pm
// I'm gonna wait til the players have discussed their plans first before continuing, since I do not know if prior commands are still planned.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 12, 2018, 09:40:13 pm
// I agree with doing Evil_Nazgul0616's commands and skipping mine for now
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 12, 2018, 10:22:25 pm
>Hold off on committing to leave for now.

>"Are you sure, Kogasa? It could be dangerous."

>"What should everyone else do while we're gone? We can't exactly leave this unguarded, but if Miss Reimu shows up and finds us here we could be in a heap of trouble..."

> "Well; if it's dangerous you shouldn't be going alone, right? And like Louise says, if I can't handle it, I'll leave." Kogasa remarks.

> "Auun says no-one goes in or out, I don't think she'll go in, or even check the cave." Mystia replies. "She'll guard it when she's back."

> "Regardless, it'll take some time for word about the passage opening again to get out." Louise says. "News only travels as fast as the fastest person to see it. And I know an enchantment or two that will help with that. I can go wild with my magic with the Maisma of Makai."

> Louise pauses.

> "I should probobly say that I specialize in Enchantments and Curses. Pretty rare in Makai, most go for direct combat magic and animation."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 12, 2018, 10:37:03 pm
> "So thats how you were able to time slow the orbs?  But you do know some combat magic right?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 12, 2018, 10:46:49 pm
> "So thats how you were able to time slow the orbs?  But you do know some combat magic right?"

> "I can fend off the riff-raff." Louise says. "But I don't usually have to concern myself with direct combat anyway. Everyone has enemies, rather useful if you can make the enemy of your enemy strong enough to do your dirty work for them, all while you watch under a Perception Charm."

> Louise has a sinister smile as she says that.

> Mayina scoffs. "And here I thought you someone who could destroy me with ease for a moment, but you're just a jumped-up White Mage."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 12, 2018, 11:00:38 pm
> Turn to Mayina
> "We could have destroyed you right when we met you with a quick lethal laser, and I'm sure Louise could have done it even more spectacularly."
> Turn to Louise
> "That's quite a strategy, do you think maybe you could teach us?"

> Can we make our eyes glow Youkai Red?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 12, 2018, 11:29:24 pm
> Turn to Mayina
> "We could have destroyed you right when we met you with a quick lethal laser, and I'm sure Louise could have done it even more spectacularly."
> Turn to Louise
> "That's quite a strategy, do you think maybe you could teach us?"

> Can we make our eyes glow Youkai Red?

> The deamon scoffs. Donitia giggles.

> "Unfortunately it uses quite a large amount of magic to cast such spells, and a lot of skill. One miscalculation and you can increase the power of the enemy, or ruin your own or your ally's bodies." Louise says, with one eye open. "Not to mention those of Makai are generally not big on teaching their magic to others. We're a society that runs on power and magic after all. Magic is power. No-one's giving away their life's work so easily."

> Your eyes are red as a ground cherry anyway. You can make them glow if you want, most youkai can add a 'red glow' to their eyes.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 13, 2018, 12:53:23 am
> "I see, I guess it would be like going up to someone and asking for their spell cards"
> Turn to Mayina
> "Don't be getting any ideas once we are in Makai"
> Turn to Donita
> "Same goes for you"

> Can we create a laser that is so weak its only visual?  Similar to the thin lasers we create when using our delayed-spawn lasers
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 13, 2018, 06:34:58 am
// To other players: Do we agree to proceed with Louise and Kogasa and everyone else waits at Misty Lake?  Feel free to come up with better ideas
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 13, 2018, 09:41:16 am
> "I see, I guess it would be like going up to someone and asking for their spell cards"
> Turn to Mayina
> "Don't be getting any ideas once we are in Makai"
> Turn to Donita
> "Same goes for you"

> Can we create a laser that is so weak its only visual?  Similar to the thin lasers we create when using our delayed-spawn lasers

> "I assume so." Louise replies.

> The daemon shakes the chains around his wrists in response, before saying "I'm sealed. Unless you're the thought police, you don't need to worry about me getting ideas."

> The fairy looks a little surprised. "I'll do what I ****ing want." the fairy swears.

> "There's no need to worry about her. No-one would believe a fairy anyway, Makai fairies are not trustworthy things." Louise says. "Although there's nothing stopping us from turning her into a red mist in Makai if she acts up. She'd come back after all."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 13, 2018, 01:56:30 pm
>"I mean I trust her more than Mayina..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 13, 2018, 02:18:06 pm
// Umm I asked about visual lasers last post
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 13, 2018, 05:54:29 pm
// Umm I asked about visual lasers last post

> Weak enough it wouldn't hurt anyone.

>"I mean I trust her more than Mayina..."

> "She was only doing as he said after all." Daiyousei points out.

> "And considering how that **** started kicking me, I ain't doin' what he says no more." Donitia says proudly.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 13, 2018, 06:14:57 pm
>Smile a bit, before turning to our teammates.
>"So... are the rest of you going to be okay while we're gone?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 13, 2018, 07:04:52 pm
> Can it be weak enough so someone would only feel a little heat while touching it, something akin to being in sunlight?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 13, 2018, 07:07:18 pm
>Smile a bit, before turning to our teammates.
>"So... are the rest of you going to be okay while we're gone?"

> "I doubt anything bad will happen." Wriggle says.

> "Although we should probobly stick together just in case a phantom shows up." Daiyousei adds.

> "I'm going back to the others." Clownpiece says. "I kinda wanna keep an eye on that spirit. Drop by the big tree behind the shrine when ya done and ask Sunny to get me. I wanna hear the rest of this story too."

> Can it be weak enough so someone would only feel a little heat while touching it, something akin to being in sunlight?

> Making something weaker isn't much of an issue, it's making things stronger.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 13, 2018, 07:12:29 pm
> "So we will all meet again at the tree behind the shrine?"
> If everyone agrees let's proceed
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 13, 2018, 07:24:33 pm
> "So we will all meet again at the tree behind the shrine?"
> If everyone agrees let's proceed

> "I think it's better to meet at the Misty Lake rather than hang around Reimu's." Wriggle says. "Besides; who knows how long Cirno can hang around those three without starting another Fairy War. We can always just go to the tree later."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 13, 2018, 07:35:03 pm
> "But didn't they destroy Cirno's house in the first place?"
> "Anyways back to the point, so Misty Lake then"
> Proceed with Louise, Kogasa, Mayina and Donita
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 13, 2018, 09:59:09 pm
> "But didn't they destroy Cirno's house in the first place?"
> "Anyways back to the point, so Misty Lake then"
> Proceed with Louise, Kogasa, Mayina and Donita

> "Yes, but it was an accident." Daiyousei stammers, looking embarrassed. "And Cirno went too far and started fighting all the fairies... I don't like talking about it..."

> "Dai dosen't like remembering me beating her up." Cirno boasts.

> "Misty Lake." Wriggle confirms.

> Louise enters the passageway first, dragging Mayina with her. Donitia flies after quickly, with you following. Kogasa enters last.

> Almost as soon as you enter the passageway, everything starts to spin. A world of black and sweeping lights. Like stars in the night sky. This is all you can see for about twenty seconds, not even able able to move as the passageway pulls you forwards.

===

> Red. That is the predominant color before you. Everything is some shade or blend of red. The red sky with purple clouds. Scarlet laylines far more numerous than the very rare ones on Earth, visible through dark crimson ground. Blood-red hills in the distance. Occasionally, violet streaks of energy flash through the clouds. You can feel the magic; heavy in the air.

> "Welcome to Makai." Louise says. "We're out in the boonies here, so most of the magic is unrefined and wild here. Don't worry, not all of Makai is like this."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 13, 2018, 10:11:32 pm
> Do we feel any different?  Power level?
> "Looks very different from Gensokyo...  Being the Darkness Youkai, I do like the colors"
> "I can feel the magic just by being here, how concentrated is it?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 13, 2018, 10:14:53 pm
>How is Kogasa holding up?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 13, 2018, 10:24:26 pm
> Do we feel any different?  Power level?
> "Looks very different from Gensokyo...  Being the Darkness Youkai, I do like the colors"
> "I can feel the magic just by being here, how concentrated is it?"

> You feel a little woozy honestly.

> "Makai is a world of magic. It's hundreds of times stronger than Gensokyo's magical concentration." Louise states.

>How is Kogasa holding up?

> Kogasa hasn't appeared y... oh there she is.

> She looks around, swinging her umbrella as she does so.

> "I can't surprise anyone here, I stand out like a sore thumb..." she complains.

> If that's the first thing on her mind; she's probobly fine.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 13, 2018, 10:47:18 pm
> "Louise, do you know some way to make us invisible or un noticeable?  We don't want to risk getting in to fights and harming Shinki's creations"
> How dark is it?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 13, 2018, 11:37:05 pm
> "Louise, do you know some way to make us invisible or un noticeable?  We don't want to risk getting in to fights and harming Shinki's creations"
> How dark is it?

> "She wouldn't intervene if it's within Makai; especially if they start fights. Besides, most beings in Makai could spot you even if you were invisible. You're a big patch of low magical energy. Regardless; even the perception spell I was using in Gensokyo basically required me to stay still while there was someone unaware of me around. So you'd be a stationary patch of no magic."

> Louise pauses. "That's why I was floating still in fights by the way. Didn't want the enemies to notice me. You saw me because you already knew I was there."

> It's kinda strange. It's dark; but it's also illuminated by all the red. Largely the laylines on the ground, which pulse like veins.

> Louise starts weaving magical sigils in the air. Blue lights start to spin around her back and legs. Then they do the same around you, and around Kogasa's... shoe on her umbrella.

> You feel lighter and your muscles feel relaxed. You also feel a surge of energy.

> "As I said before. We can simply outrun most trouble. I just cast a Haste spell on us. It should accelerate us to our destination. I recommend you stay close."

> Louise looks at Donitia. "You coming?"

> The fairy looks unsure, and then shrugs. "Nothing better to do."

> The fairy's stumps and wings glow blue as Louise weaves more magical sigils. She noticeably doesn't do this for Mayinia, who's chains are attached to the handle to Louise's luggage now.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 13, 2018, 11:41:01 pm
//oof Mayina

>Feel kinda sorry for him.
>"So, where to?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 13, 2018, 11:50:16 pm
//oof Mayina

>Feel kinda sorry for him.
>"So, where to?"

> You feel mildly sorry for the daemon. More hilariously he attempts to fly off when Louise isn't looking...  luggage and all; but seems incapable of budging her luggage.

> "We'll need to go to Makai's Capital region; Paradise." Louise states. "It's a city of ice and crystal, and in the center is Pandaemonium, Shinki's castle. It's unlikly we'll need to go there, but you should get to see it."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 14, 2018, 04:33:55 am
> Ponder the fact that both Reimu's Spell Card Rules don't apply here and Shinki won't mind if its in Makai and especially if they start the fight
> Drool a little because old habits die hard

> Snap out of it
> "You can lead the way, I'm not sure where we are"
> "If it helps with stealth, I can darken the area around us so we "blend in" with the gloomy scenery"
> If no one objects condense our darkness sphere to provide said coverage (don't make it too dark, or we will stand out as a pitch black sphere)

> Also Role Reversal, I guess now we are the tourist and Louise shows us around
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 15, 2018, 03:45:43 pm
> Ponder the fact that both Reimu's Spell Card Rules don't apply here and Shinki won't mind if its in Makai and especially if they start the fight
> Drool a little because old habits die hard

> Snap out of it
> "You can lead the way, I'm not sure where we are"
> "If it helps with stealth, I can darken the area around us so we "blend in" with the gloomy scenery"
> If no one objects condense our darkness sphere to provide said coverage (don't make it too dark, or we will stand out as a pitch black sphere)

> Also Role Reversal, I guess now we are the tourist and Louise shows us around

> Would you get in trouble for bringing humans here? You ponder.

> "I see no reason why not to attempt that." Louise says; before she grabs her luggage and starts flying off in a direction with a speed that catches you off-guard, dragging the male daemon behind her."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 15, 2018, 03:54:03 pm
> Adjust darkness to make us blend in with the scenery
> Fly in the center of our group so they all fit in our sphere, adjust radius if needed to cover everyone
> Is Kogasa keeping up?
> "This paradise area you mentioned sounds nice, is that where everyone lives?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 15, 2018, 08:59:09 pm
> Adjust darkness to make us blend in with the scenery
> Fly in the center of our group so they all fit in our sphere, adjust radius if needed to cover everyone
> Is Kogasa keeping up?
> "This paradise area you mentioned sounds nice, is that where everyone lives?"

> It's not really possible to make black blend in naturally with red. But regardless; you can at least make your group a bit harder to spot.

> Kogasa is seeming to have trouble not overtakeing you all.

> "Paradise is a place where a lot of those who came from other worlds live. Makai is a place that is open to all who can stand the maisma and seek to study magic; after all. The natives of Makai usually dislike being rooted to one place and are wild and chaotic, like the magics of this world." Louise explains. "Of course, you get those natives who have settled there, or directly work on behalf of Lady Shinki so live there due to that."

> Louise pauses. "Makai dosen't have much in the way of settlements, kinda like Gensokyo. You get the odd village, shrine to Lady Shinki, but Paradise is the only real City of Makai. There used to be two... but Vina was destroyed a long time ago."

> A flock of strange creatures flies past, not too far away. Flying eyeballs it seems, complete with bat-like wings.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 15, 2018, 10:05:09 pm
> Quietly "What happened to the other city?"

> Quietly "Also what are those eye things over there?"

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 15, 2018, 11:35:19 pm
> Quietly "What happened to the other city?"

> Quietly "Also what are those eye things over there?"

> "No-one knows exactly. The city was there, then ruins. Vina is a long way from Paradise. Not many make the trip so news was slow. But no-one ever came from Vina, and the city was in ruins and empty when traders arrived." Louise states. "Of  course, there's some who use the ruins for shelter these days, but there are no natives of Vina. At least, no-one who claims to be."

> "Evil Eyes. They're native wildlife. Pests really. Get too close and they'll start shooting magical rays from their eyes." Louise explains.

> Almost on cue, a small group of Makai fairies start fighting the Eyes. The fairies are winning, handily, striking down the eyes, and absorbing a purple mist they emanate from their wounds.

> Donitia is drooling.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 16, 2018, 05:15:57 am
> "You don't suppose that city being destroyed had to do with that Lumina person?"
// Add quest: Investigate Makai's Calamity

> Notice Donita drooling...
> "Are they ... tasty?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 16, 2018, 05:12:35 pm
>"See something you like, Donnie?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 16, 2018, 06:48:28 pm
> "You don't suppose that city being destroyed had to do with that Lumina person?"
// Add quest: Investigate Makai's Calamity

> Notice Donita drooling...
> "Are they ... tasty?"

>"See something you like, Donnie?"

> "It's possible. Both events were before my time. Of course, it's also unlikely. The tales don't even make it clear how long her rampage lasted. But the takes of Lumina don't mention Vina."

// Quest Added: Investigate Makai's Calamity

> "It's condensed magical energy..." the fairy says. "It's our favorite food..."

> "It's like a massive sugar rush for them." Louise explains. "Like fairies in your world are based off aspects of nature, nature in Makai is the Magical Maisma. So a condensed bunch of it is like candy for them."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 16, 2018, 07:03:36 pm
>"What does it taste like?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 16, 2018, 07:32:19 pm
>"What does it taste like?"

> "Maisma, but sweeter and stronger." Donitia says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 16, 2018, 07:53:00 pm
>"And what does miasma taste like?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 16, 2018, 08:38:47 pm
>"And what does miasma taste like?"

> "Maisma..." Donitia says.

> "It's not like we know what food in your world tastes like." Mayina complains. "If you want to know what Maisma tastes like so much, take off that bubble and choke on it."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 16, 2018, 08:47:12 pm
> "No thanks, I'm more of a meat person"
> Make our eyes glow bright red while we say this
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 16, 2018, 10:02:20 pm
> "No thanks, I'm more of a meat person"
> Make our eyes glow bright red while we say this

> "Yes, I'm sure you'd love eating meat that's soaked in Maisma for a few Eons." the daemon responds; his eyes glowing magenta.

> Louise yanks the male's chain. This actually elicits a little yelp; especially as this movement lets you see the sores where he's being dragged by the hasted Louise. Donitia finds this amusing.

> The sky starts to change color, from merely 'crimson' to 'actually identical to blood'. You can feel something in the air change, and can hear a strange sound.

> "We need to find shelter." Louise says, looking around. "Be it natural or artificial."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 16, 2018, 10:13:20 pm
> Look around for any kind of overhang/cliff or structure that can provide "shelter"
> "Whats with the sky colors changing?  Is a storm forming?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 16, 2018, 11:39:03 pm
> Look around for any kind of overhang/cliff or structure that can provide "shelter"
> "Whats with the sky colors changing?  Is a storm forming?"

> "Manastorm. Not that bad for me. But for you? Well, that bubble's only protecting your head. It won't do a lot to protect you from maisma getting into your body if the storm slices your skin." Louise says.

> You can see a sheltered area seemingly blasted out of a hill somewhat nearby. Further away you can see a few small structures. No more than ten.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 16, 2018, 11:59:40 pm
> "Do you think we have enough time to get to those small structures out there?  Or should we hide in that sheltered area by the hill"
> Point to in the respective directions so Louise knows what we are talking about
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 17, 2018, 05:11:54 pm
> "Do you think we have enough time to get to those small structures out there?  Or should we hide in that sheltered area by the hill"
> Point to in the respective directions so Louise knows what we are talking about

> "There's probobly enough time, but there may be unwanted attention given our prisoner, and you two." Louise states.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 17, 2018, 05:37:39 pm
> "You are right, let's head for the hill then"
> Quickly start moving in that direction
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 17, 2018, 07:55:40 pm
> "You are right, let's head for the hill then"
> Quickly start moving in that direction

> You fly into the enclave.

> A few minutes after, the maisma gets thicker, and you can see it rushing past and hear the wind. Occasionally, a purple-blue bolt of energy crackles through it in the same direction as the wind.

> Another of Mayina's species flies into the crevice. This one is a female; dressed in almost the same way. She has purple hair, in twintails which go to about halfway down her back.

> "Awww I hate manastorms..." she complains.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 17, 2018, 09:10:49 pm
>Has she seen us yet?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 17, 2018, 09:32:08 pm
>Has she seen us yet?

> She probobly has, but she hasn't shown any indication of it yet. She is currently brushing herself down, light red dust coming off her.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 17, 2018, 09:49:03 pm
> Step between her and Mayina and darken the area around us enough so only our outline can be seen and no specific features (this should also apply to Mayina since he is behind us regardless if he is in our sphere)
> Wait and see if she initiates a conversation

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 17, 2018, 10:25:08 pm
> Step between her and Mayina and darken the area around us enough so only our outline can be seen and no specific features (this should also apply to Mayina since he is behind us regardless if he is in our sphere)
> Wait and see if she initiates a conversation

> The darkening almost immediately catches the attention of the daemon.

> "That's a strange magic. Or perhaps an ability. Hiding things dosen't work so well when I've already seen them. All it does is make me curious as to why you have him chained to a luggage bag."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 17, 2018, 10:59:05 pm
> "Oh that? I can manipulate darkness"
> Restore our sphere to its previous size
> "Well its kind of a long story, pretty much he was caught someplace he shouldn't be in and we are trying to figure out why and how he got there"
> Look at Louise as if expecting her to explain further

> If Mayina interrupts give him the death stare (with our eyes glowing bright red)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 18, 2018, 06:25:26 pm
> "Oh that? I can manipulate darkness"
> Restore our sphere to its previous size
> "Well its kind of a long story, pretty much he was caught someplace he shouldn't be in and we are trying to figure out why and how he got there"
> Look at Louise as if expecting her to explain further

> If Mayina interrupts give him the death stare (with our eyes glowing bright red)

> "That's a fancy name for turning out the lights." the female says.

> "A place he shouldn't be? Not many of those sort of places around here." the daemoness says, actually looking at you now. She sounds more curious than anything.

> You look at Louise as if begging for help.

> "Caught where he shouldn't be, and this is a group of girls. I'll let you put it all together." Louise states. "As a fellow woman you should get it."

> The daemon's face turns red, and she slaps the air. Mayina's face moves and sounds like it got slapped. She then moves as far from the male as she can get.

> "evil..." the prisoner grumbles; with Donitia laughing.

> "I don't get it." Kogasa says quietly.

> "Well you're an umbrella." Louise responds. "Just let her keep thinking you're a girl with an umbrella."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 18, 2018, 06:41:18 pm
> Aww Kogasa

> Rumia secret environment activist confirmed
> "Its not just "turning off the lights" but since you don't show any interest I won't be explaining"  Cross our arms while saying this

> "So what are you doing all the way out here?"

> Realize that we probably look ridiculous with this fish bowl on our head...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 18, 2018, 07:59:09 pm
> Aww Kogasa

> Rumia secret environment activist confirmed
> "Its not just "turning off the lights" but since you don't show any interest I won't be explaining"  Cross our arms while saying this

> "So what are you doing all the way out here?"

> Realize that we probably look ridiculous with this fish bowl on our head...

> "Manipulation of Darkness. Where there's not light there's darkness. Hence turning out the lights." the girl says.

> "I'm a Mana Crystal Hunter." she says.

> You figure you do look pretty odd.  But no-one's commented on it, and Makai in general seems a little odd.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 18, 2018, 08:09:29 pm
>"A 'Mana crystal hunter'?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 18, 2018, 08:40:12 pm
>"A 'Mana crystal hunter'?"

> "You don't know what that is?" the daemoness says curiously. "Well; I guess they are pretty rare."

> The daemoness points towards the ground witha single finger, the tip glowing.

> "Sometimes magical energy builds up and crystallizes. You can find the crystals in the ground where this happens, and they're both powerful and valuable things. If it's left there, growing for long enough however it will animate and become a Mana Golem. Those things are dangerous. Aeons and Aeons of magical buildup coming alive. Luckily; I'm good at magic that can effect minerals. I'm the one who blasted this crevice into this hill a while back during another Manastorm. Had found a crystal so I didn't wanna risk going into the tavern and someone trying to steal it."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 18, 2018, 09:37:58 pm
> Examine the ground where she is pointing, make a mental note of what a Mana Crystal looks like so we can spot them out next time we see one
> "How are Mana Crystals useful?"
> "Also how do you prevent them from becoming a Mana Golem?  Separating them from eachother?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 18, 2018, 10:14:18 pm
> Examine the ground where she is pointing, make a mental note of what a Mana Crystal looks like so we can spot them out next time we see one
> "How are Mana Crystals useful?"
> "Also how do you prevent them from becoming a Mana Golem?  Separating them from eachother?"

> She's just pointing at the ground. There is no crystal.

> "Aside from aesthetics? Skilled mages can draw upon them to perform spells greater than they could usually handle. They're like a battery." she explains. "I guess you lot don't go to Paradise often."

> It takes Aeons for it to happen. The crystal has to grow huge for it to awaken. You just take em out of the ground so they stop soaking up magic from it. Of course, there's a lot of ground. So it happens sometimes. I've only ever encountered one. Turns out my earth magic is very good at blasting them apart."

> She fires a small laser at the ground, and there is a small explosion at her feet. There is a surprisingly deep crater left when it fades.

> "It would sting if I shot it at you, but it wouldn't leave a hold in you like that. Mana Crystals are far too durable to be blasted by a small shot like that, so I use it to unearth them."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 18, 2018, 10:24:28 pm
>"So you specialize in earth magic?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 18, 2018, 10:28:38 pm
> "Interesting, what do they look like when they are in the ground?"
> "Also, do they only occur naturally or is it possible condense magical energy into a crystal?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 18, 2018, 10:49:28 pm
>"So you specialize in earth magic?"

> "Kinda. More like... 'blowing up earth' magic. Prety useful for digging, mining, all that."

> "Interesting, what do they look like when they are in the ground?"
> "Also, do they only occur naturally or is it possible condense magical energy into a crystal?"

> "Shape varies, but they are purpleish crystals. At least in this region of Makai. And they only occur naturally over a massive amount of time. I don't think you can make one, else the Archmages would do so already. Maybe Lady Shinki can."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 18, 2018, 10:56:50 pm
> Make a mental note of what we imagine one would look like so we can spot one if we see one
> "Had any luck finding them recently out here?"

> Approach the storm and point somewhere out there, but keep a healthy distance from it
> Hows the storm looking outside?
> How are we holding up with the Miasma?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 19, 2018, 07:15:21 pm
> Make a mental note of what we imagine one would look like so we can spot one if we see one
> "Had any luck finding them recently out here?"

> Approach the storm and point somewhere out there, but keep a healthy distance from it
> Hows the storm looking outside?
> How are we holding up with the Miasma?

> You make a mental note of your mental vision.

> "Only a few tiny ones." the daemon says.

> The storm is rather strong right now. The bolts of energy are very frequent and the winds are howling. Kogasa looks oddly afraid whenever there is a bolt of energy; gripping the spoke on the top of her umbrella.

> You feel fine.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 19, 2018, 09:08:15 pm
> "Are you alright Kogasa?"
> Hows everyone else holding up?

> When we have a free moment experiment a little:
> Try creating a large demarcation barrier outside in the storm and see how it reacts to it, can it penetrate the barrier?  Make sure its in the air so we can see if things fall through it (since our barriers are opaque darkness)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 19, 2018, 10:25:55 pm
> "Are you alright Kogasa?"
> Hows everyone else holding up?

> When we have a free moment experiment a little:
> Try creating a large demarcation barrier outside in the storm and see how it reacts to it, can it penetrate the barrier?  Make sure its in the air so we can see if things fall through it (since our barriers are opaque darkness)

> "Lightning bolts... scare me. People hide under umbrellas and we get struck." Kogasa says.

> Louise seems to be relaxing against the wall. Mayina is sitting down blushing while Donitia is still laughing.

> The barrier gets ripped apart before you can even finish forming it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 19, 2018, 10:40:44 pm
>"Yikes..."
>That could've been us...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 19, 2018, 10:41:15 pm
> "That must be a shocking experience"

> Lets experiment some more (Make sure no one gets clipped or intersected by the barriers we form inside)
> Form two barriers inside each other in the covered area and then try and move them outside, see if anything different happens when the barriers are already fully formed
> Form a barrier in the covered area and shoot a lethal darkness bullet at it.  Check the strength of the barrier afterwards
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 19, 2018, 11:56:43 pm
>"Yikes..."
>That could've been us...

> "It wouldn't be that bad to flesh." Louise says. "Manastorms disrupt magic more than physical harm."

> "That must be a shocking experience"

> Lets experiment some more (Make sure no one gets clipped or intersected by the barriers we form inside)
> Form two barriers inside each other in the covered area and then try and move them outside, see if anything different happens when the barriers are already fully formed
> Form a barrier in the covered area and shoot a lethal darkness bullet at it.  Check the strength of the barrier afterwards

> Kogasa looks surprised at the bad pun.

> The already formed barriers last perhaps half a second longer before being ripped to nothingness.

> The barrier absorbs the bullet of darkness unharmed.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 20, 2018, 12:10:45 am
> Destroy the barrier since we are getting nowhere
> We surprised Kogasa

> Look at the daemoness
> "How much energy did you need to open this crevice?  Was it easy or was it exhausting?"
> "Because I was thinking that if the storm is on the surface we might be able to tunnel under it"

> Check out Mayina, still blushing?  Maybe he likes her?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 20, 2018, 10:30:50 pm
> Destroy the barrier since we are getting nowhere
> We surprised Kogasa

> Look at the daemoness
> "How much energy did you need to open this crevice?  Was it easy or was it exhausting?"
> "Because I was thinking that if the storm is on the surface we might be able to tunnel under it"

> Check out Mayina, still blushing?  Maybe he likes her?

> You remove the barrier.

> Surprising Kogasa feels... unaccomplishing.

> "It took quite a lot of my power to blast a hole this big. Especially in a hurry." she says. "Tunneling under it won't work."

> He looks annoyed and is sulking.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 20, 2018, 10:50:24 pm


> Could we whisper to Mayina without the daemoness noticing or hearing?
If possible:
> Approach Mayina and ask "How long do these storms usually last"
> Now when we find a moment where the daemoness is not looking whisper "Hey, sorry for our embarrassing excuse, but I think its beneficial for all of us to keep this whole Gensokyo thing under wraps here in Makai"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 21, 2018, 10:02:28 pm

> Could we whisper to Mayina without the daemoness noticing or hearing?
If possible:
> Approach Mayina and ask "How long do these storms usually last"
> Now when we find a moment where the daemoness is not looking whisper "Hey, sorry for our embarrassing excuse, but I think its beneficial for all of us to keep this whole Gensokyo thing under wraps here in Makai"

> "Varies wildly. How long does bad weather last in your world?" he answers.

> "I'd have not spared your dignity in your position." he whispers.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 21, 2018, 11:43:56 pm
> Turn to the daemoness
> "Maybe we can help you find some more Magic Crystals?  With so much ground to cover you could use some help"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 22, 2018, 09:59:15 pm
> Turn to the daemoness
> "Maybe we can help you find some more Magic Crystals?  With so much ground to cover you could use some help"

> "Well yeah there's a lot of ground to cover, there's all of Makai. And frankly, I don't trust no help. Those crystals are too valuable."

> The storm seems to be dying down.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 23, 2018, 12:38:51 am
>"So, what's your name anyway?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 23, 2018, 05:16:15 am
// Perform these actions before Evil_Nazgul0616's
> "Well the crystals we find you wouldn't have found anyways and just by probability we are much more likely to give you the crystals than any other random person that took one"
> "So I guess you just have to trust us"
> Make our most trustworthy face after saying that

> Don't leave until the storm is fully clear, we don't want to risk getting exposed to Miasma

// To other players: Be careful asking for her name, she might ask for ours in return and our name might frighten her if she has happened to hear that legend
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 23, 2018, 06:16:46 am
//we could always add a disclaimer :P
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 23, 2018, 01:39:34 pm
// We will have to see how she responds and if she hints she knows, shouldn't say anything if she doesn't know (Primarily we don't want her running off)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 23, 2018, 09:57:53 pm
// Perform these actions before Evil_Nazgul0616's
> "Well the crystals we find you wouldn't have found anyways and just by probability we are much more likely to give you the crystals than any other random person that took one"
> "So I guess you just have to trust us"
> Make our most trustworthy face after saying that

> Don't leave until the storm is fully clear, we don't want to risk getting exposed to Miasma

// To other players: Be careful asking for her name, she might ask for ours in return and our name might frighten her if she has happened to hear that legend

> "And if I show you how to find 'em and you run off I then have more competition." she says in a 'I'm not stupid' tone.

> "No." she says, looking right at 'your most trustworthy face'.


>"So, what's your name anyway?"

> "Geala" she says. "That's the name I was given based on my abilities."

> "Most of my kind are not named until they either have a master name them, or have earnt a name for their deeds or abilities." Mayina adds.

> "Shut up pervert!" Geala says, before giving him a long-distance slap again.

> The storm has now fully faded.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 23, 2018, 11:02:08 pm
> "Alright, we just wanted to help..."
> Make a disappointed/sad face while saying this

> "Well the storm appears to have cleared"
> Hover outside cautiously just above the ground
> Are there any puddles or things on the ground from the storm?
> Visually look for Mana Crystals
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 23, 2018, 11:05:05 pm
> "Alright, we just wanted to help..."
> Make a disappointed/sad face while saying this

> "Well the storm appears to have cleared"
> Hover outside cautiously just above the ground
> Are there any puddles or things on the ground from the storm?
> Visually look for Mana Crystals

> The daemoness seems satisfied with your state.

> You poke outside the crevice.

> There is a bit of red powder upon the already red ground. The ground seems to be... absorbing it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 24, 2018, 01:48:38 am
> Interesting... The powder must be how crystals form

> Look at Geala
> "We were heading towards Paradise, wanna come?"

> If she accepts
> "Great, let's head out"
> If not
> "Good luck with your hunt for crystals!"
> Wave to our group to head out
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 24, 2018, 10:11:40 pm
> Interesting... The powder must be how crystals form

> Look at Geala
> "We were heading towards Paradise, wanna come?"

> If she accepts
> "Great, let's head out"
> If not
> "Good luck with your hunt for crystals!"
> Wave to our group to head out

> "Hmm, so you're headed for the Capital?" she says. "As... interesting your situation seems to be, I do have work to do."

> "I've heard of a good potential site a decent flight away. I want to get there before anyone else who heard the rumors does." the daemoness says, before she steps out of the crevice, and the small wings on her back grow to about her armspan.

> "Oh; and you may want to stay away from the Wonderland, there's quite a few bandits operateing out of that." she adds, before flying off.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 24, 2018, 10:17:17 pm
> "Thanks for the tip!"
> Make a mental note of the direction she flew in
> "We should get going"
> While flying an eye out for Mana Crystals based on the description she gave us
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 24, 2018, 10:59:46 pm
> "Thanks for the tip!"
> Make a mental note of the direction she flew in
> "We should get going"
> While flying an eye out for Mana Crystals based on the description she gave us

> She's left, and dosen't her you.

> You make note that she flew over the hill; and headed in that direction.

> "Yes, we lost valuable time due to that Manastorm." Louise says, taking a moment after leaving the cave to get her bearings, before she starts flying off in a direction that would go near, but not over, the buildings that were past this hill.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 24, 2018, 11:30:38 pm
> "Might feel that way, but we met someone we wouldn't have met otherwise..."
> "Its too bad she doesn't trust anyone's help, is everyone in Makai like that?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 24, 2018, 11:45:12 pm
>"Wonderland... didn't you say something about it back when we were ambushed by those dolls in the forest of magic?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 25, 2018, 06:18:49 pm
> "Might feel that way, but we met someone we wouldn't have met otherwise..."
> "Its too bad she doesn't trust anyone's help, is everyone in Makai like that?"

> "Most of Makai is like that, yes. Makai is unforgiving, and most are only out for themselves." Louise states. "In fact, for a group to be described as bandits is rather... unsettleing. Because that implies they've organized into a coherent group. Be it a pack of weaklings teaming up to take down bigger prey, or ones that just happen to have talents that suit each other well... it could be dangerous. Worst is that the Wonderland is the fastest route from here to Paradise."

>"Wonderland... didn't you say something about it back when we were ambushed by those dolls in the forest of magic?"

> "Wonderland is where the puppeteer comes from. Alice of the Wonderland. She was something quite rare in Makai these days. A being that Lady Shinki created directly. A genius child. She even shaped a part of Makai to her whim, something usually only Archmagi can harness the Maisma to do. But she left Makai. I don't know exactly why myself, but it seems some pests have claimed her old realm for themselves. I find the fact she's taken up puppetry amusing however. Even a Daughter of Shinki aspires to her image..."

> Louise's free hand curls up into a fist. "I may have to take action to clear it later. Perhaps use my magic to allow one of their would-be victims to give them a good thrashing. But this is more important."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 25, 2018, 06:47:21 pm
> "Huh, didn't know the puppeteer was that strong, always thought her strength came from her dolls"
> "Would me helping you getting rid of the bandits be considered interference?  If Makai really is how you described, it shouldn't be too hard to play that to our advantage and turn them against eachother..."
> "...and if they killed each other I technically wouldn't be "harming" them, just contributed to their own demise"
> "Like if we had something that cannot be shared, yet powerful or valuable enough to make them willing to betray eachother to get it"

> "But for getting to Paradise should we just go around Wonderland?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 25, 2018, 08:38:29 pm
> "Huh, didn't know the puppeteer was that strong, always thought her strength came from her dolls"
> "Would me helping you getting rid of the bandits be considered interference?  If Makai really is how you described, it shouldn't be too hard to play that to our advantage and turn them against eachother..."
> "...and if they killed each other I technically wouldn't be "harming" them, just contributed to their own demise"
> "Like if we had something that cannot be shared, yet powerful or valuable enough to make them willing to betray eachother to get it"

> "But for getting to Paradise should we just go around Wonderland?"

> "The strong ones always hide how strong they really are." Louise states.

> "Possibly, it would probobly be best to bring it up in Paradise however. Maybe you can get permission, seeing as it's en route anyway. But for now, yes, we should go around." the lady in white replies.

> The landscape is starting to change. There are significantly fewer hills; and the pulsing laylines are getting brighter. The red ground is starting to become rockier, and shifting towards blue. Occasionally, there is a tree similar to an evergreen from Earth, except it's leaves are orange, and bark red. The crimson sky shifts towards purple as you proceed.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 25, 2018, 08:48:46 pm
> "I guess that makes sense, no need to let your enemies know how strong you are until its too late, you wouldn't even know she is from Makai"
> "Who would we ask for permission?"
> Do we see anything up ahead in the distance?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 26, 2018, 05:16:44 pm
> "I guess that makes sense, no need to let your enemies know how strong you are until its too late, you wouldn't even know she is from Makai"
> "Who would we ask for permission?"
> Do we see anything up ahead in the distance?

> "Well there's also perhaps the fact she's conserving her power. While that area of Gensokyo seems to have strong enough magic to have a maisma, it's still weak compared to Makai's." Louise states.

> "Someone high-ranking and close to Lady Shinki. Probobly the same people who deal with those who come here from other worlds." Louise explains.

> Not immediately; but after a few moments something comes into veiw on the horizon that isn't one of the [increasingly common] trees.

> You can vaguely see four spires, each a large distance apart, and a massive structure between them. It's on the horizon, so you can't make out colors or details yet. But perhaps more than just seeing it, you can *feel* the power from this site. There is a massive concentration of magical energy. Your instincts tell you to run from something this overwhelmingly strong.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 26, 2018, 06:41:46 pm
> "There's people that specialize in visitors from other worlds?  In Gensokyo visitors other than humans are usually greeted with a gohei to the face by Reimu"

> "Something big is up ahead, I can already feel the magical energy from here, which is kind of scary!"

> Pay close attention to the energy we are feeling, we don't want to get poisoned by Miasma.  Tell the others to stop and take a break if we start feeling poisoned
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 26, 2018, 09:17:47 pm
> "There's people that specialize in visitors from other worlds?  In Gensokyo visitors other than humans are usually greeted with a gohei to the face by Reimu"

> "Something big is up ahead, I can already feel the magical energy from here, which is kind of scary!"

> Pay close attention to the energy we are feeling, we don't want to get poisoned by Miasma.  Tell the others to stop and take a break if we start feeling poisoned

> "Something about that... dosen't surprise me." Louise states.

> "That's because we're nearing Paradise. Even discounting Lady Shinki herself; I doubt you could find a larger concentration of magic power in any dimension. Every single layline in Makai originates from there. Most of the various magicians from various worlds come here. For a being who lives in a world like Gensokyo, Paradise would likely be an impossible place for you to go to safely." Louise explains. "And when you account for the presence of Lady Shinki in Pandemonium itself... well; her magical power is so large that no-one knows the true scale of it."

> You feel more an overwhelming sense of trepidation and pressure. You don't feel poisoned or endangered. It's... just unsettleing. Kogasa looks the same.

> As you get closer, you can make out that the city is laid out in a square, with a large, crystalline tower at each corner, each sculpted differently, but all the same height. One is Black, another white, one blue and another green; the two pairs opposite each other.

> From your vantage point in the air, you can see the center of the city is actually empty of buildings, and is instead a large field of ice. Floating above this is a massive structure that you can only assume from it's grandiose nature is Pandemonium. It is largely a mixture of purple, red, white and black, in seemingly random, yet mesmerizing patters. What's more is it shimmers and twinkles a little with every color imaginable.

> Between the center, and the pillars of crystal, the architecture varies wildly. All sorts of materials and types of buildings exist, although many seem in incorporate at least some crystal within them.

[If I get the chance and can create something decent, I'll make a basic layout picture of Paradise, like a map.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 26, 2018, 09:41:34 pm
// That might be helpful if there's a lot to do here, though it might reveal areas Rumia doesn't know exist

> "Whoa it looks unlike anything I've seen in Gensokyo!"
> Can we see any people or are we too far?
> "Where exactly in Paradise are we going?"

> Can we interact with our own demarcation barriers or do we pass through them?  Also can we change the shape or are they always spherical?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 26, 2018, 09:51:37 pm
// That might be helpful if there's a lot to do here, though it might reveal areas Rumia doesn't know exist

> "Whoa it looks unlike anything I've seen in Gensokyo!"
> Can we see any people or are we too far?
> "Where exactly in Paradise are we going?"

> Can we interact with our own demarcation barriers or do we pass through them?  Also can we change the shape or are they always spherical?

> "This city has probobly existed longer than Gensokyo has." Louise comments.

> You are still too far.

> "Well; the best place to go would be... well... security. We do have a prisoner after all. This isn't exactly a situation I've been in often either." Louise says.

[How much there is to do in Paradise entirely depends on what you do. Also it could come up again later.

The only thing you *have* to do in Paradise are your Main Quests; investigating the Incident and dealing with the Mayina issue.

Things like dealing with the Wonderland Bandits; investigating about Vina and the Legend of Lumina are side quests and completely optional, but any of them could lead to encounters or knowledge that may later help or hinder you.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 26, 2018, 10:02:15 pm
> "Well let's head to security first then, wouldn't they be able to figure out who Mayina's boss is?"

> Question about barriers in last post still stands
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 26, 2018, 10:13:08 pm
> "Well let's head to security first then, wouldn't they be able to figure out who Mayina's boss is?"

> Question about barriers in last post still stands

> "Very well then." Louise says; as you approach the city.

> It's easiest to make a basic; flat barrier. Spherical ones are more tricky. What's actually hardest is anything in the middle, or that isn't one of those shapes. In fact it's beyond your ability.

> As you approach Paradise, you can start to make out large amounts of people in generally strange clothing milling about. The vast majority of them are wearing different outfits from each other, although you occasionally see members of Mayina's race in their butler-like outfits.

> Louise seems to be leading you to a building near the Ice Field.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 26, 2018, 10:21:33 pm
> "So what exactly does this security place do?"

> Keep an eye on Mayina and be ready to make some barriers if he decides to pull something now that we are almost there
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 26, 2018, 11:03:06 pm
> "So what exactly does this security place do?"

> Keep an eye on Mayina and be ready to make some barriers if he decides to pull something now that we are almost there

> "They deal with any threats to the security of Paradise, or Makai as a whole. I guess you could consider them Makai's Home Guard. Of course, they're not Lady Shinki's personal Elite Guard, but they act as guards for the Council of Archmagic." Louise explains. "So they're the ones to deal with any sort of organised plot against Paradise, and that little portal issue."

> He's pretty much given up on struggling against Louise's chains now.

> Louise brings you to a somewhat large building made of red crystals. Next to it is a larger, and fancier building. Like some sort of large shrine, made of a mixture of blue, green, black and white crystals. It's the largest structure besides the four towers and Pandemonium.

> Some of the locals give you and Kogasa odd looks as they pass by.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 26, 2018, 11:12:43 pm
> "Ah so kind of like what Reimu does for Gensokyo"
> "Well let's head in"

> Don't worry about the locals, I'm sure we would do the same if we saw someone wearing a fishbowl on their head...
> Whisper to Kogasa "I'm sure they are surprised to see people like us around here, haha"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 26, 2018, 11:46:59 pm
> "Ah so kind of like what Reimu does for Gensokyo"
> "Well let's head in"

> Don't worry about the locals, I'm sure we would do the same if we saw someone wearing a fishbowl on their head...
> Whisper to Kogasa "I'm sure they are surprised to see people like us around here, haha"

> "I guess that would be the closest comparison." Louise says.

> You; Kogasa; Louise and Donitia all enter, with Mayina dragged behind.

> Inside you see various Mayina-like daemons, wearing a slightly different uniforms [Blue instead of black, with a badge shaped like one of their wings on their lapel, with Makai-language written on it.] flying around. At a large desk is a more intimidating being.

> It's a female; larger than the various daemons flying around. She has four; large wings upon her back, and is wearing a hat with two black wing badges upon it, one each side. Two yellow horns, like a bull's emit from her head, and she has a long, thin tail tipped with a spear-like appendage at the end, swishing around. She looks older than the others, and even has grey hair tied in a bun. She is seemingly using magic to move multiple pens and papers at once, writing on things. She is wearing a pair of reading glasses, and her outfit is similar to the other workers, but with golden rims around the edges of it.

> "Yes?" she asks without even looking.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 27, 2018, 12:24:18 am
> "We brought you a troublemaker!"
> Point at Mayina
> "We caught him just outside a dimensional portal when he tried to attack us.  He was following orders when we defeated him and couldn't tell us much about his master due to the servitude contract he is under.  The only concrete thing we were able to find out was that he was on some kind of "scouting mission""

> Look at Louise if she has anything to add
> Meanwhile form a barrier to sit on and watch what happens next with a "mission accomplished" pose
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 27, 2018, 05:34:14 pm
Firstly; and I apologize since I don't have anything better than Paint to do it; here's a basic map of Paradise's layout. Basically if Rumia walked up to a tourist map:

(https://i.imgur.com/BdwYKAP.png)

I'm not going to spoil/explain the purposes of the Towers yet until they become relevant, but any map or local would say what the names were.

> "We brought you a troublemaker!"
> Point at Mayina
> "We caught him just outside a dimensional portal when he tried to attack us.  He was following orders when we defeated him and couldn't tell us much about his master due to the servitude contract he is under.  The only concrete thing we were able to find out was that he was on some kind of "scouting mission""

> Look at Louise if she has anything to add
> Meanwhile form a barrier to sit on and watch what happens next with a "mission accomplished" pose

> The daemoness looks at you when you say there's a troublemaker. She listens looking half-interested.

> "Dimensional portal?" she asks. "We're not the inter-dimensional police..."

> As you sit down, Louise says casually "That portal led to Gensokyo."

> This gets the daemoness to look seriously from you, to Kogasa, and then to the chained daemon.

> "Are you serious about this?" the daemoness asks; clearly shaken by the word 'Gensokyo'. You note the other daemons have all stopped and are looking at you in surprise and... fear?

> Louise tilts her head and smiles, opening her eyes a little bit. "Absolutely, or do you doubt my word?"

> Something about what Louise did causes the daemoness to sit back down, and look somewhat cowed.

> "If this is true this is beyond my paygrade, you know." she says. "But you'd already know that, wouldn't you? After last time."

> "Of course I already knew that, Velatrix." Louise replies, smiling sweetly with both hands together. "I actually wanted to inform you that I intend to use these two witnesses while I escort them back home to clear out a bandit camp in the Wonderland. Don't want any misunderstandings and these Gensokyians getting into trouble. I would also like him detained, of course. For interrogation later. It's rather tireing dragging him around, and you're the ones with the authority to undo his oaths of secrecy."

> "I'd rather a cage frankly myself as well at this point." Mayina grumbles.

> The daemoness makes a signal with her hands, and three daemons fly down and physically restrain Mayina, placing another set of bindings on him. Louise released her own chain, which swiftly flies back into the luggage bag.

> "I suppose you'll want me to notify them that you are coming, and bringing two witnesses from outside Makai?" Velatrix asks.

> "Of course." Louise states, before she turns back to you.

> "Right, that's security taken care of. Didn't want any trouble happening if I just flew into where we'll need to go."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 27, 2018, 06:22:31 pm
> Dispel our barrier and start heading outside
> "He won't get in trouble with his boss if he tells Velatrix whats going on right?  He was under contract he didn't do this out of his own free will"

> Once outside speak in low voice: "What did you mean by its above his paygrade?"
> "Before we deal with the bandits, I'd like to learn more about what happened to Vina, is there a library or something around here?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 27, 2018, 06:22:53 pm
>"Bye Mayina."
>"So, what's so bad about Gensokyo. The mere mention of it caused some pretty interesting reactions from what I saw."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 27, 2018, 06:25:29 pm
> Say the part about Gensokyo (Evil_Nazgul0616's actions) once outside
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 27, 2018, 06:55:08 pm
> Dispel our barrier and start heading outside
> "He won't get in trouble with his boss if he tells Velatrix whats going on right?  He was under contract he didn't do this out of his own free will"

> Once outside speak in low voice: "What did you mean by its above his paygrade?"
> "Before we deal with the bandits, I'd like to learn more about what happened to Vina, is there a library or something around here?"

> "The security divison are very good at getting around such issues." Louise explains. "Although, he did agree to the job."

>"Bye Mayina."
>"So, what's so bad about Gensokyo. The mere mention of it caused some pretty interesting reactions from what I saw."

> "The daemon ignores you. He also ignores Donitia swearing loudly at him and pulling faces.

> Once you are outside, you ask Louise about Gensokyo and the 'paygrade'. Louise looks around, and signals to enter an allyway before she answers, quietly.

> "It's all connected to that sealed cave. Makai and Gensokyo were basically at war not long ago. A group of powerful invaders even challenged Lady Shinki. Ever since, there's been a barrier in place between the two realms, and no-one's supposed to cross over as per a treaty. It's why I crossed over. To investigate and find proof. And besides... I have a loophole I can exploit. Regardless, anything concerning the Makai-Gensokyo border is the business of the Divine Guard themselves."

> "If you suddenly learn how to read Makaian Runes..." Louise replies to the bandit question.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 27, 2018, 07:17:57 pm
> Whisper "Invaders from Gensokyo?  Who were they? Also, wouldn't Kigasa and I be trespassing by being here because of the treaty?"

> "It won't hurt to try, maybe we can find someone that can help us with the runes"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 27, 2018, 07:28:49 pm
> Whisper "Invaders from Gensokyo?  Who were they? Also, wouldn't Kigasa and I be trespassing by being here because of the treaty?"

> "It won't hurt to try, maybe we can find someone that can help us with the runes"

> "You're here as witnesses, being escorted by me." Louise states.  "And we came right to the authority we needed to to make them aware."

> "Perhaps after we've taken care of the job we need to do first." Louise answers.

> She starts walking, not flying, towards a large gate guarded by two strong-looking humanoids. They're wearing rather simple dresses, one predominantly blue with purple hair, and the other red with pink hair.

> The pink-haired one seems to recognize Louise; judgeing by the fact she says "Hey, Louise!" and waves.

> "So you're on duty at this gate today Sara?" Louise responds.

(https://safebooru.org//images/1163/0377fca3307f87855a6983c32e45bd56ada89198.png?1212187)

Sara
Keeper of Magical Gateways
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 27, 2018, 07:31:55 pm
> Follow Louise, we shouldn't get distracted
> Don't fly and stay behind Louise
> Whisper "What is this place?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 27, 2018, 09:56:24 pm
> Follow Louise, we shouldn't get distracted
> Don't fly and stay behind Louise
> Whisper "What is this place?"

> "It's the gate to the Frozen Fields. Anyone who isn't part of the Divine Guard who enters any other way is considered a hostile and attacked by the Guard." Louise says. "You do not want to get into a fight with a Guard. That Yumeko person I mentioned before is their leader, and she is horrifyingly powerful. She's specially trained to be a Mage-Hunter and Daemon-Slayer. The two main species in Makai. Fighting her in particular wouldn't be a fight. It would be a slaughter."

> "So, those two are those outsiders from Gensokyo? They don't seem anywhere near as scary as those four." Sara comments.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 27, 2018, 10:09:01 pm
> "Huh, which four?  We're just visiting"
> Whisper "You're a mage right?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 27, 2018, 11:07:29 pm
> "Huh, which four?  We're just visiting"
> Whisper "You're a mage right?"

[Who are you whispering to? I assume Louise?]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 27, 2018, 11:08:41 pm
> To Louise because she mentioned Mages and Daemons being the two main species in Makai
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 27, 2018, 11:17:34 pm
> "Huh, which four?  We're just visiting"
> Whisper "You're a mage right?"

> "Oh, I got that message already." Sara says. "But I was guarding the passageway on the day those four busted in. A Miko; a Witch; a Spirit and a Youkai or whatever you lot call them. I guess there was a turtle too but he was just a mount. I got promoted for that so it wasn't all bad. Since I managed to stay at my post and not flee despite being completely overwhelmed."

> Louise looks a little uncomfortable when asked this. "I... was." she answers quietly. "My situation is... complicated."

> "Don't you know it's rude to whisper when I'm right here?" Sara says in an irritated tone.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 27, 2018, 11:30:33 pm
> "Sorry, I was just asking Louise something because this is all so new to me daemons and mages and all.  In Gensokyo we have Humans and Youkai as the two main species and we're Youkai if you are wondering"
> "Who were the spirit and Youkai together with the miko and witch?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 27, 2018, 11:38:11 pm
> "Sorry, I was just asking Louise something because this is all so new to me daemons and mages and all.  In Gensokyo we have Humans and Youkai as the two main species and we're Youkai if you are wondering"
> "Who were the spirit and Youkai together with the miko and witch?"

> Sara pouts, but dosen't object to your explanation.

> "Dunno. They weren't bothered to even give me their names, but they were both incredibly powerful. The youkai in particular hurt me real bad, I was in hospital for a week. Both of them also had green hair come to think of it."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 27, 2018, 11:43:59 pm
>"Huh... I wonder if that powerful green haired ghost we accidentally released back in Gensokyo was one of them..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 28, 2018, 12:06:46 am
> Don't say "we accidentally released" say "we met"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 28, 2018, 12:18:58 am
>"Huh... I wonder if that powerful green haired ghost we accidentally released back in Gensokyo was one of them..."

> Don't say "we accidentally released" say "we met"

> "Yes, she was." Louise replies before Sara can comment.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 28, 2018, 01:24:27 am
> "Can we enter the frozen fields?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 28, 2018, 09:41:34 am
> "Can we enter the frozen fields?"

> Sara looks at you.

> "If the choice was mine, no. But it isn't. I've just been told to let you in." she says. "Just walk on through."

> Sara Indicates the gate; which remains unopened.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 28, 2018, 02:00:39 pm
> "You mean just walk through as if the gate is not there?"
> If so
> Walk through the gate as if it wasn't there
> Check if we feel anything the moment we touch the gate
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 28, 2018, 05:22:21 pm
> "You mean just walk through as if the gate is not there?"
> If so
> Walk through the gate as if it wasn't there
> Check if we feel anything the moment we touch the gate

> "Yes, it's a magical barrier. If you have permission to pass you'll pass." Sara says.

> You walk up to, and through the gate.

> The only thing you feel is your feet suddenly become cold as you step on the ice.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 28, 2018, 08:37:03 pm
> "Its cold in here!  My feet will get numb"
> "We're allowed to fly in here right?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 28, 2018, 08:56:33 pm
>is Donnie still with us?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 28, 2018, 10:03:33 pm
> "Its cold in here!  My feet will get numb"
> "We're allowed to fly in here right?"

> "Once you're in, you can fly, although I would advise flying low." Louise says. "You wouldn't want to be mistaken for flying at Pandemonium.

>is Donnie still with us?

> She's here, looking around inquisitively, and oddly enough, quietly. Kogasa seems a lot happier here, and seemingly is attempting to blend in with the ice.

> For a moment, just a moment, you feel an incredible magical power ahead. But it's not intimidating. It's like a signal, a flare attracting you in. And yet despite that the energy is strong enough for you to physically feel it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 28, 2018, 10:15:35 pm
> Float just above the ground where we can't feel the cold

> "Huh so where are we going now?  I felt a wave of energy for a moment"
> Is the direction Louise points out the same as the energy we felt?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 28, 2018, 10:56:55 pm
> Float just above the ground where we can't feel the cold

> "Huh so where are we going now?  I felt a wave of energy for a moment"
> Is the direction Louise points out the same as the energy we felt?

> You float above the ground. You still feel the cold somewhat as the air is also cold, but at least you're not freezeing your feet.

> "That was an invitation." Louise says. She looks a little nervous.

> "That was an invitation?" Kogasa asks, in an apprehensive tone.

> "Well; if we were not serious we'd turn and flee." Louise states. "This is the place in Makai nearest Pandemonium. Everyone who operates here could probobly kill any of us effortlessly if we were found to be lying, or the matter frivolous."

> Louise starts to advance towards the source of the brief magical pulse.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 28, 2018, 11:03:35 pm
> "Well the matter anything but frivolous so I guess we're invited"
> Fly towards the source of the magical energy

> Where is Pandaemonium compared to where we are?  Directly above us?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 28, 2018, 11:12:08 pm
> "Well the matter anything but frivolous so I guess we're invited"
> Fly towards the source of the magical energy

> Where is Pandaemonium compared to where we are?  Directly above us?

> "Yes." Louise says. "I myself have never been here. Few in Makai have."

> You fly towards the magical energy source.

> Pandemonium is above you, the energy signal seemed to come from directly below the very lowest point of the floating castle.

> When you reach this point, you see an unsettleingly familiar figure sitting on what looks like a frozen wave. A small ember is dancing between her fidgeting fingers.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2330/a2f6b279bf65889533c4950795733343e7110799.png?2427279)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 28, 2018, 11:18:16 pm
> Huh!? Marisa? How did she get here first?
> Look shocked

> Wait and see what she has to say

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 29, 2018, 06:39:18 pm
> Huh!? Marisa? How did she get here first?
> Look shocked

> Wait and see what she has to say

> You do not get an immediate verbal response. Instead, the Marisa lookalike just looks at you.

> You see the air around you heat up rapidly, going from cold to hot enough to make you sweat in a moment.

> "The name's Yuki. Archmagitrix of Infernos."

> The heat subsides, and Yuki smiles sweetly. "Please don't mistake me for a weakling from your world~"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 29, 2018, 06:51:54 pm
> "What weakling?"
> She probably hasn't seen Master Spark...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 29, 2018, 08:49:08 pm
> "What weakling?"
> She probably hasn't seen Master Spark...

> "Anyone from your world is a weakling compared to me." Yuki says in an amused tone. "I mean, if you would like a demonstration, that can be arranged. Can't say you'd survive being anywhere near my flames however."

> Yuki suddenly looks like she had an idea, and a book appears, flicking it's pages wildly until it stops.

> "Let's see here... ah! Do you know a Magician called Patchouli? User of Five Elements? Strongest Black Magician we have on our records in your realm. Well; the flames she can cause by combining the Wood and Fire elements are like a small bonfire compared to my potential. Scared now; Gensokyians?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 29, 2018, 10:44:03 pm
> Louise probably doesn't want us to mention the four invaders, so we'll just play along
> "I don't think I know anyone named Patchouli, but I'll take your word for it"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 29, 2018, 11:09:50 pm
> Louise probably doesn't want us to mention the four invaders, so we'll just play along
> "I don't think I know anyone named Patchouli, but I'll take your word for it"

> Yuki looks surprised.

> "How don't you know the strongest Magician in your realm?" Yuki asks. "She's gotta be the leader of Gensokyo; right?"

> You feel the temperature drop behind you, before you hear a quiet and slow-speaking voice.

> "Yuki... not every society is a Magiocracy... Earth is primitive. They cannot even decide... upon a single God."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 29, 2018, 11:16:43 pm
> "Uhh we don't really have what you would consider a leader"
> "But I guess you could think of Reimu as the leader since without her our world wouldn't exist, and she sets the rules which we have to follow when fighting"
> Turn around
> "Who are you?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 29, 2018, 11:27:47 pm
> "Uhh we don't really have what you would consider a leader"
> "But I guess you could think of Reimu as the leader since without her our world wouldn't exist, and she sets the rules which we have to follow when fighting"
> Turn around
> "Who are you?"

[OCC: Reimu never actually introduced herself to the denizens of Makai. They're unaware of her name. Also, in another unrelated note; I found WAY more Solo-Mai art than Solo-Yuki. I can only guess it's because her design is unique while Yuki's is... well... Marisa with a rounder hat.]

> "No leader? How does your society even function?" Yuki complains. "It baffles me as to why we made a truce with your world, we should have just..."

> "Yuki." the voice behind you says. "You speak... too much."

> "Reimu? That name dosen't ring a bell." Yuki says.

> You turn around to see a blue-haired, winged humanoid in a white dress behind you.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2147/4662ae08c6ee91052c32657822101c3dd462980c.png)

> The stranger dosen't answer you. Instead, Yuki does. "That's Mai. Archdaemon of Ice. We're the two Divine Guardians. I'm the strongest Mage, and she's the strongest Daemon! Fire and Ice, Native and Migrant, Black and White!"

> "... You're embarassing." Mai says.

> "She dosen't speak much, she's shy." Yuki dismisses.

> "An Ice user who's the strongest?" Donitia says. "Deja Vu."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 29, 2018, 11:39:02 pm
> "Our society functions fine, largely due to the Spell Card Rules which Reimu created"
> "Fighting in Gensokyo is based on the beauty and complexity of bullet patterns instead of just raw power.  We also use our magic to induce pain instead of physical harm so there are no casualties"
> "In fact without the rules fighting someone like Reimu would be impossible since she would just become invincible without a time limit and in the impossible chance of winning you would die as well as the world would collapse around you"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 29, 2018, 11:53:19 pm
> "Our society functions fine, largely due to the Spell Card Rules which Reimu created"
> "Fighting in Gensokyo is based on the beauty and complexity of bullet patterns instead of just raw power.  We also use our magic to induce pain instead of physical harm so there are no casualties"
> "In fact without the rules fighting someone like Reimu would be impossible since she would just become invincible without a time limit and in the impossible chance of winning you would die as well as the world would collapse around you"

> Yuki listens intently.

> "Well; hearing that I'm curious as to how beautiful your combat is! I'm certain if I see once I can produce something superior. Been a while since I've had any fun anyway... no-one's dumb enough to enter here without permission after all. Gets pretty boring with just me and Mai."

> "Idiot." Mai says quietly.

> "Although that explains why you Gensokyians are so weak. If you can't fight to the finish least you risk your little world collapsing upon you. What incentive is there to gain power? Truly; your world is in a pitiable state." Yuki says. She is actually looking down at you and Kogasa from her seat on the ice, with actual pity in her eyes. "What drive can you have in your lives to improve yourselves without risking it all? I understand your situation... but I'd rather have my world collapse than live in that sort of limbo."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 30, 2018, 12:04:34 am
> Cross arms
> "You'd really wish for death over living in Gensokyo?"

> "There is more to life than fighting to the death...  like playing at Misty Lake with my friends and all the fairies, pranking others with darkness, or even trying to solve an incident as a Youkai.  We like to take it easy and live a carefree life"
> "Here from what I've heard everyone is working round the clock to get stronger so they can defeat someone else, even to the point of giving away their personal freedom with servitude contracts"

> "But back to your point...  Its not pointless to be strong, stronger people tend to have more complicated spell cards and win more danmaku battles.  The point is that strength is not everything"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 30, 2018, 07:34:40 pm
> Cross arms
> "You'd really wish for death over living in Gensokyo?"

> "There is more to life than fighting to the death...  like playing at Misty Lake with my friends and all the fairies, pranking others with darkness, or even trying to solve an incident as a Youkai.  We like to take it easy and live a carefree life"
> "Here from what I've heard everyone is working round the clock to get stronger so they can defeat someone else, even to the point of giving away their personal freedom with servitude contracts"

> "But back to your point...  Its not pointless to be strong, stronger people tend to have more complicated spell cards and win more danmaku battles.  The point is that strength is not everything"

> "Yes; there is so much more to life at a life-or-death struggle. But without that struggle; how does life improve? How does life get stronger? An animal they is preyed upon will; generation by generation, become harder and harder to be caught. Because only the animals which can evade the hunter will reproduce." Yuki explains.

> She shakes her head. "Such a world is stagnant; Gensokyoians. And a stagnant world is a boring world. A world where it's pointless to even try, or be."

> "And I'm also sure there are those in your world who are strong but are not good at your beauty-based combat." Yuki counteracts.

> "We have a job to do." Mai says quietly.

> "But Mai; I'm getting fired up!" Yuki complains.

> Mai just gives her a cold stare.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 30, 2018, 08:02:11 pm
>"Well yeah, there are a couple of people in Gensokyo that seem to focus more on power over beauty in their spellcards... Namely a scary sunflower youkai and a magician named Marisa... Speaking of her, she looks a lot like you. Like, to the point where if you changed your clothes and hairstyle slightly you would seriously look like her twin or something. She doesn't use fire, though... Just lots of stars and lasers... Massive lasers..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 30, 2018, 08:59:42 pm
> "Then again I don't know everyone in Gensokyo, there might be others more like you"

> "Though as you say with predator and prey, due to the Spell Card Rules there are no predators and prey anymore.  In the past I would have been considered a predator but I gave all that up when the rules were created."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 30, 2018, 10:04:07 pm
>"Well yeah, there are a couple of people in Gensokyo that seem to focus more on power over beauty in their spellcards... Namely a scary sunflower youkai and a magician named Marisa... Speaking of her, she looks a lot like you. Like, to the point where if you changed your clothes and hairstyle slightly you would seriously look like her twin or something. She doesn't use fire, though... Just lots of stars and lasers... Massive lasers..."

> Yuki looks bothered. "Stars? Looks similar to me... ah, she was one of those four!"

> "Then again I don't know everyone in Gensokyo, there might be others more like you"

> "Though as you say with predator and prey, due to the Spell Card Rules there are no predators and prey anymore.  In the past I would have been considered a predator but I gave all that up when the rules were created."

> "Giving up your superiority? How sad. How do you expect the humans to progress without fearing you?" Yuki complains. "Now then, what happened in Gensokyo?" Yuki asks. "What is going on there regarding Makai. That's the sole reason you're allowed to be here, you have information we desire."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 30, 2018, 10:13:52 pm
>"Someone on your side is sending demons and fairies into Gensokyo, and they're attacking people."

//Feel free to add to this
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 30, 2018, 10:25:11 pm
> "While we don't mind visitors, the daemons and fairies that have entered Gensokyo from Makai do not use our Spell Card Rules and that is a major violation and a threat to Gensokyo and its inhabitants"
> "Additionally, the daemon we escorted to security earlier had somehow managed to break a hole in the barrier that sustains our world"
> "We were able to find out that he was working under a servitude contract but we do not know who his master is or why they would be doing something like this"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on November 30, 2018, 10:33:15 pm
//I forget the exact details, but his master was also implied to be someone high up in the Makai government, right?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 30, 2018, 10:39:06 pm
//I forget the exact details, but his master was also implied to be someone high up in the Makai government, right?
// I'll add that
> "I think his master might be someone that's high up here in Makai though"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 30, 2018, 11:13:58 pm
>"Someone on your side is sending demons and fairies into Gensokyo, and they're attacking people."

> "What? How can that be happening? It's not exactly easy to break down dimensional barriers... someone should have noticed." Yuki says. "Even with the Gensokyo Barrier..."

> "They don't need to know that." Mai says.

> "While we don't mind visitors, the daemons and fairies that have entered Gensokyo from Makai do not use our Spell Card Rules and that is a major violation and a threat to Gensokyo and its inhabitants"
> "Additionally, the daemon we escorted to security earlier had somehow managed to break a hole in the barrier that sustains our world"
> "We were able to find out that he was working under a servitude contract but we do not know who his master is or why they would be doing something like this"

> "Yes, we've already received some of the information regarding the Lesser Daemon." Yuki replies. "He seems to legitimately not be aware of who was giving him commands as well."

// I'll add that
> "I think his master might be someone that's high up here in Makai though"

> Yuki looks intrigued. "So you're saying someone with authority in Makai is violating the treaty that Lady Shinki herself put into action? Such an act would be blasphemy..."

> A tall woman in a red maid outfit appears out of thin air. Immediately; Yuki, Mai, Louise and Donitia move away from her a little, clearly uneasy. Yuki gave off a warm energy, Mai gave off cold. Paradise as a whole had an almost overwhelming aura of energy. But this newcomer... you can't feel anything from her. She just stands still; looking down at you.

(https://safebooru.org//images/837/27f3b0a8bc26c434b6cd72c574da9bdfb11c7beb.jpg?842407)

> "Continue." she says after a few moments.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 30, 2018, 11:22:36 pm
> "Well people in Gensokyo sure have noticed and are calling this an incident"
> "But if no one has noticed it here, either the culprit is doing a good job hiding it or the culprit is actually the one that's supposed to check for this kind of thing"
> "So, how would you figure out if theres a traitor among you?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 30, 2018, 11:30:31 pm
> "Well people in Gensokyo sure have noticed and are calling this an incident"
> "But if no one has noticed it here, either the culprit is doing a good job hiding it or the culprit is actually the one that's supposed to check for this kind of thing"
> "So, how would you figure out if theres a traitor among you?"

> "Whoever is doing this is working very carefully." the maid says. "To have avoided our notice for any amount of time."

> "Inquisition." the maid says simply, a flash in her golden eyes.

> Something about that word makes the other Makaians sweat.

> "Surely there's no need to go that far, Lady Yumeko..." Yuki says.

> "Whoever is behind this is committing a grave sin against the Lady Shinki. A crime against her is a crime against Makai itself. Eradication is the only fit punishment. There can be no forgiveness for such an action as blasphemy."

> The maid's body flickers for just a moment, and then Mayina is beside her, his hair gripped by her left hand, on his knees. There is a blindfold over his eyes.

> "Why'd it just become colder?" he asks.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 30, 2018, 11:40:35 pm
> "What is he here for?  Is he not telling us something?"
> "Wait your not thinking of eradicating him?  He was just carrying out orders, he is not the mastermind"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on November 30, 2018, 11:47:33 pm
> "What is he here for?  Is he not telling us something?"
> "Wait your not thinking of eradicating him?  He was just carrying out orders, he is not the mastermind"

> "All information has already been extracted from his mind." Yumeko states coldly.

> "Orders for a job he willingly accepted. His mind reveals he relished the chance to oppose the Lady. He has committed Blasphemy. The punishment for the crime is Eradication. So too has every other one of his kind who was offered the role yet did not notify us of the blasphemy. Inaction is allowing blasphemy to continue, and is therefor blasphemous. They shall be found, any information extracted, and then they shall be Eradicated as well." the maid says in an emotionless tone.

> A sword appears in her right hand. A Western-style Bastard sword, designed for use in either one hand or two.

> You can hear the male shaking, hearing the word 'Eradicate'.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on November 30, 2018, 11:54:39 pm
> "Wait!  If his mind was truly set on opposing your leader then according to Yuki there is a better punishment!"
> "Why don't you banish him from Makai permanently, to Gensokyo"
> "Yuki herself said that she would prefer death over living in Gensokyo so its gotta be worse than death for someone used to your way of life"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 01, 2018, 05:20:04 pm
> "Wait!  If his mind was truly set on opposing your leader then according to Yuki there is a better punishment!"
> "Why don't you banish him from Makai permanently, to Gensokyo"
> "Yuki herself said that she would prefer death over living in Gensokyo so its gotta be worse than death for someone used to your way of life"

> "Banish him? To Gensokyo? When the barriers are broken and he has passed between the barrier himself?" Yumeko asks. "Even then, when he dies his blasphemous soul would return to Makai. Eradication is the only solution."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 01, 2018, 06:30:52 pm
> "He would have a hard time coming back from Gensokyo since there is no miasma there and he basically can't even fly without it, let alone open dimensional portals.  He also won't be causing any trouble because without danmaku he can't even fight his way out of a cardboard box!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 01, 2018, 08:27:22 pm
> "He would have a hard time coming back from Gensokyo since there is no miasma there and he basically can't even fly without it, let alone open dimensional portals.  He also won't be causing any trouble because without danmaku he can't even fight his way out of a cardboard box!"

> Yumeko stands there for a few moments.

> "His soul would still return to Makai at the end of his life. However, I suppose if you are so desperate to see him have a slow and undignified death, I can suppose I can tolerate the trouble of hunting down his soul to Eradicate when that returns. Mai; Freeze him until they are ready to leave this place. I will not have this blasphemer be conscious any further on this sacred ground if his ichor is not to coat it." Yumeko says. Her words come out slowly; her tone harsh.

> Mai raises a hand, and a blue, 9-pointed magic star forms. In an instant; Mayina is frozen solid in a cube of ice.

> The maid looks directly at you, her cold eyes meeting yours.

> "I consider him your responsibility. If he re-enters Makai alive, I will Eliminate him where he stands, and then I will come for you for breaking a pact you made in the shadow of Lady Shinki. And be assured that no Barrier will save you from my wrath. Do you understand?" Yumeko asks; pointing her sword at you. Even while making a threat, with a face as serious and stern as hers... you don't feel any sort of magical power behind it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 01, 2018, 10:19:42 pm
> "I understand, however can you break his magical contract with his evil master or change it so he takes orders from me?  So he is not disobedient"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 01, 2018, 10:34:51 pm
> "I understand, however can you break his magical contract with his evil master or change it so he takes orders from me?  So he is not disobedient"

> Yumeko's blade glows with a purple aura, and she swings it without a word.

> The blade passes through Mayina's frozen form, not harming him or the ice. You see various runes form around him, then shatter.

> "Such a task is child's play for one such as myself." she says to Louise, who looks a little surprised. "Of course one in a position such as myself can annul contracts from lesser beings of this realm."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 01, 2018, 10:54:46 pm
> "Thank you, so now he'll be obedient?"

> "Now back to the matter at hand, how will we find out who's behind this incident?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 01, 2018, 11:08:26 pm
> "Thank you, so now he'll be obedient?"

> "Now back to the matter at hand, how will we find out who's behind this incident?"

> "Obedient? I doubt it. He'll probobly slink off somewhere and waste away and die quietly." Yumeko replies.

> "Is the culprit any of your concern? This is a matter for us to resolve. I shall lead an Inquisition. That daemon was just the first. We'll begin with the area he received the offer. Others likely received it as well. Perhaps one saw a messenger, and we can follow that trail. The guilty will be punished."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 01, 2018, 11:17:34 pm
> "I was wondering how I could help, considering its affecting our world too"
> "Maybe investigating something from our side in Gensokyo?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 01, 2018, 11:22:42 pm
// Add sidequest:  Mayina's "punishment": After having spared Mayina from Elimination we are now responsible for what he does in Gensokyo, we should look in to making him our familiar (or shikigami)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 01, 2018, 11:25:52 pm
> "I was wondering how I could help, considering its affecting our world too"
> "Maybe investigating something from our side in Gensokyo?"

> Yumeko looks unimpressed. "I suppose there is one thing you could do based on the extracted information."

> Yumeko's expression softens, just a little. She then shakes her head.

> "Ensure that no-one gets the Grimoire. Somehow; this is all connected to that book. I'm sure of it. I'm sure that Alice will be alright, but that is how you can best help."

> Yuki and Mai both chuckle a little.

> "Oh Yumeko, you do care." Yuki says.

// Add sidequest:  Mayina's "punishment": After having spared Mayina from Elimination we are now responsible for what he does in Gensokyo, we should look in to making him our familiar (or shikigami)

> Considering Yumeko's threat, you register 'Ensure Mayina dosen't return to Makai' as a Main Quest. The Familiar part, however, is added as a secondary quest. Upon doing so you note a requirement comes up for such a thing stateing 'Increased Magic required - Such a feat would require magic enough for you to, in effect, be his magic supply.'
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 01, 2018, 11:32:53 pm
> "So you want us to protect Alice so she doesn't lose the Grimoire?"
> "Alright we will do our best, good luck with the investigation on your side"

// Are we unable to even create the familiar bond without "increased magic" or can we create it but he will have little to no power/magic?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 01, 2018, 11:38:47 pm
> "So you want us to protect Alice so she doesn't lose the Grimoire?"
> "Alright we will do our best, good luck with the investigation on your side"

// Are we unable to even create the familiar bond without "increased magic" or can we create it but he will have little to no power/magic?

> Yumeko turns slightly red. "Protect the Grimoire, it doesn't matter what happens to the girl."

> "Liar." Mai says quietly.

> "Inquisition. Not investigation." Yumeko insists.

// You can't make a magical contract if you can't magically support it. Contracts are give and take after all. Besides; Mayina absolutely would not agree without him getting something significant.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 01, 2018, 11:42:31 pm
> "Well thank you for your time"
> Turn to Louise and see if she has anything to add before we leave

// Ahh wasn't sure how it worked, I thought we could start the process and he would become stronger as we get stronger
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 04:06:25 am
//Bah, blasted email not notifying me made me miss important stuff I wanted to be a part of again!

//Though I'm happy with the outcome, at least. We got ourselves a minion new friend.  Still wish I was there, though...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 04:10:20 am
//Though one major concern.

//How did Yumeko know about Alice and the grimoire!? We didn't mention that fact to any of them or Mayina.

>Request for proof of the above if we actually *did* mention it and I missed it for whatever reason.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 05:05:09 am
// We didn't mention it, she found out from interrogating Mayina, specifically "based on the extracted information"
> Yumeko looks unimpressed. "I suppose there is one thing you could do based on the extracted information."

> Yumeko's expression softens, just a little. She then shakes her head.

> "Ensure that no-one gets the Grimoire. Somehow; this is all connected to that book. I'm sure of it. I'm sure that Alice will be alright, but that is how you can best help."

// As for Mayina I'm hoping we can genuinely change his views on the world and make him our friend and midboss
// Saving him by "banishing" him was also pretty IC considering Rumia believes in the spell card rules and having been inspired by the Lumina story
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 05:23:33 am
// We didn't mention it, she found out from interrogating Mayina, specifically "based on the extracted information"
/I know she interrogated him. Please reread what I said:

We didn't mention that fact to any of them or Mayina.
//We never mentioned it to him. How could she extract something from him that he didn't know?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 06:08:18 am
// Mayina knew about the Grimoire since it was his "mission" and thats how we found out about it.
> "I guess I don't have much of a choice, although I am only a scout. I don't know the full picture." the daemon sighs. "I was ordered to find two things. The first was a powerful magical Grimoire that originates from Makai. The second was evidence that this world was not worth Lady Shinki's efforts."

// Though now that I reread more of the conversation Yumeko does indeed seem suspicious.  She somehow knew Alice has the Grimoire even though Mayina didn't (or at least showed no indication).  Additionally she was able to break the servitude contract (which Mayina explained only the master could break, even Louise was a little surprised at this).  Also the fact Mayina was blindfolded when he was brought here so he didn't see who was holding him.  Lastly it was awfully easy to convince Yumeko to spare him, I honestly was expecting us to have to roll a 20 to succeed.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 06:25:15 am
//Was mostly referring to Alice and the fact that Alice had the Grimoire, yes. She couldn't possibly had known that unless Kogasa, the person who knew the most about Alice's situation in our group -- who also made some promises to Alice in our brief time controlling her -- turned traitor off-screen or something...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 06:40:21 am
// Even if it is a little suspicious lets not do anything about it right now, like ask more questions or accuse her, she seems short tempered.
// If she really is the culprit then we might have to start worrying about or well-being since she showed no hesitation and almost eliminated Mayina, her own ally/subordinate.  Louise will probably not buy this since she is somewhat obsessed with how perfect Shinki and everyone around her is
// I doubt Kogasa would backstab us like that, shes had hardly any off-screen time in which were weren't in control of her.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 07:05:18 am
//It's not about suspicion. It's more of the matter that it seems like a mistake on the parser's part with the current lack of evidence to suggest otherwise.  :V
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 07:12:06 am
// Maybe, I was calculating the possibility of Yumeko being culprit based on what we have seen
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 02, 2018, 12:24:34 pm
> "Well thank you for your time"
> Turn to Louise and see if she has anything to add before we leave

// Ahh wasn't sure how it worked, I thought we could start the process and he would become stronger as we get stronger

> Yumeko just looks at you silently. Mai mutters... something but it's so quiet this time you can't hear it. Yuki says "Was interesting!"

> Louise just makes a mention to head back towards the gate.

// Yumeko has a very good reason for knowing about the Grimoire. Actually she has multiple reasons. Of course, one of the reasons could totally be 'She's the culprit'. But I will write off 'Kogasa somehow told her/Mayina.' Mostly because Kogasa's been in earshot of you the whole time and hasn't had any chance to talk to him or Yumeko alone anyway. So Rumia IC has the knowledge to rule out that possibility. [Unless Kogasa surprised everyone by suddenly developing telepathy, a very impressive feat considering she biologically dosen't have a brain to perform such a feat with because, you know... umbrella. Side note; if Kogasa met Satori I'd totally write it as Satori being unable to read her since she technically dosen't have a heart or mind to read. Miko could still hear her desires however. All ten of which would be surprise.]

It's also not a mistake. Yumeko knowing is very intentional. Characters can have other sources of knowledge then what your group says or does.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 03:53:30 pm
> Head back towards the gate, remember to fly low
> Once we fad enough so they can't hear us ask Louise "I wasn't expecting Yumeko to try and execute Mayina.  Do you think I made the right choice?"
> "Also, what did she mean by Inquisition?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 02, 2018, 05:16:29 pm
> Head back towards the gate, remember to fly low
> Once we fad enough so they can't hear us ask Louise "I wasn't expecting Yumeko to try and execute Mayina.  Do you think I made the right choice?"
> "Also, what did she mean by Inquisition?"

> Louise keeps moving until she passes through the gate, only then does she stop, sitting upon her luggage bag and trembleing. Sara is noticeably not there, only the blue-haired girl is now.

> "What sort of fool are you?" she asks. "To talk back to Yumeko? Do you have any idea of what she is?"

> Louise exhales. She still looks unsettled, but her trembleing has lessened.

> "Yumeko is going to do exactly what she said she would. She is going to use the information from Mayina's mind to track down anyone who could have anything to do with it. Anyone aware of the plot will be Eradicated. As far as Yumeko is concerned, those who were aware but did not notify the authorities are just as guilty of blasphemy as those who actually partook. She will take their memories, for anything of use to track down more blasphemers, and then destroy them. Body and Soul, completely Eradicated. If they're lucky, no-one but Mayina and the actual culprits knew. If more people knew... Yumeko's Inquisition could wipe entire settlements off the map. Opposing her is completely impossible. She's honed everything to be the perfect Slayer of Daemon and Magi alike."

> Louise sighs. "That's one theory about Vina. Yumeko performed an Inquisition. Some think she wiped the entire city out due to some sort of blasphemy. The fact no-one survived makes it possible. But of course, that's exactly why no-one knows for sure what happened. Because there were no survivors."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 06:08:19 pm
> Look shocked at Louise calling us a fool
> "Talk back?  She was going to kill him!  That's not how we punish incident instigators in Gensokyo!"
> "Speaking of Mayina, when do we get him back?"

> "Also, I couldn't help but notice she had no magical energy, Yuki and Mai both had energies related to their mature but Yumeko had nothing.  However I didn't feel comfortable asking her about it"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 02, 2018, 06:42:19 pm
> Look shocked at Louise calling us a fool
> "Talk back?  She was going to kill him!  That's not how we punish incident instigators in Gensokyo!"
> "Speaking of Mayina, when do we get him back?"

> "Also, I couldn't help but notice she had no magical energy, Yuki and Mai both had energies related to their mature but Yumeko had nothing.  However I didn't feel comfortable asking her about it"

> "You're lucky she didn't kill you." Louise replies. "Or even all of us! And it doesn't matter how people are punished in Gensokyo. This is Makai. I told you, Makai is a world where not just anyone can survive."

> "I'd wager he'll be back at the dimensional passage waiting for you."

> "That's why Yumeko is unstoppable." Louise states simply. "Allow me to explain. Firstly; Yuki wasn't lying. She is the strongest Mage in Makai. Mai is the strongest Daemon. Yumeko; however, could slaughter both of them in moments, without a scratch. Because she is neither Daemon or Mage. She's a Child of Shinki."

> Louise stands up. "Children of Shinki have incredible potential. With the Lady's divine blood in their veins, they can accomplish almost anything they wish. Yumeko... wished to become the executor of Shinki's will, since Shinki would not take direct action herself, she would act on her behalf. It's why she dresses as a Maid, because in her mind, she is Shinki's formost servant. And to be the executor of the invincible Lady Shinki's will; she had to make herself invincible."

> Louise puts an arm forward, and starts making movements along it with a finger from her other hand. "I'm sure you've noticed, most denizens of Makai utilize magical circles or runes to cast their magic. So Yumeko figured out a simple way to make herself invincible. A method as brutal and perfect as Yumeko herself. She tore her own body apart, carving magical runes and circles into it. Counterspells. Wards. Protections. Enhancements. Making the magic part of her. No... making the anti-magic part of her very being. Yumeko is simply invulnerable. And no-one in Makai can match her martial prowess either. And that's without even getting into her inherent ability; which alone would make her almost unstoppable."

> Louise pulls her arm back. "That is the terror of Yumeko."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 07:02:37 pm
> "Is she also invincible to physical damage in addition to all magic?  What about magic that doesn't need magic circles or runes to cast, like my darkness and barriers?  Also what is her inherent ability?" 
> "Why would Shinki want her to wipe out entire settlements,  aren't they all her creations?  She didn't wipe out Lumina of all people yet she allows Yumeko to wipe out entire populations?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 07:16:28 pm
>Is Donnie still with us?
>"Hey Kogasa, are you alright? You've been uncharacteristically quiet for a while now..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 07:17:26 pm
> "Is she also invincible to physical damage in addition to all magic?  What about magic that doesn't need magic circles or runes to cast, like my darkness and barriers?  Also what is her inherent ability?" 
> "Why would Shinki want her to wipe out entire settlements,  aren't they all her creations?  She didn't wipe out Lumina of all people yet she allows Yumeko to wipe out entire populations?"
//I would say choose these words very carefully. We don't want to accidentally anger Louise more...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 02, 2018, 07:23:48 pm
> "Is she also invincible to physical damage in addition to all magic?  What about magic that doesn't need magic circles or runes to cast, like my darkness and barriers?  Also what is her inherent ability?" 
> "Why would Shinki want her to wipe out entire settlements,  aren't they all her creations?  She didn't wipe out Lumina of all people yet she allows Yumeko to wipe out entire populations?"

> "Good luck landing a blow on her. As I said; she outmatches everyone in Makai in physical combat with ease. Makai is a world of magic, after all. Even then, her ability is Spacial Manipulation. If she thought herself outmatched in close combat, you simply couldn't get close to her. She most often uses it for teleportation."

> "She acts according to what she thinks Lady Shinki would want." Louise says. "She doesn't get orders from her. Shinki doesn't interfere. She lets Yumeko act as she wants. Believe what she wants. Even then, there's a difference between killing for a purpose, and killing for the sake of killing. Lumina threatened all of Makai; indiscriminately. Yumeko only threatens those who, in her books, have done wrong."


>Is Donnie still with us?
>"Hey Kogasa, are you alright? You've been uncharacteristically quiet for a while now..."

> Yep; although she looks overwhelmed and confused.

> "I'm OK." Kogasa says. "I was just looking for an opening to surprise those guys... I couldn't find one."

> "Miss Yumeko sure is a scary person~" a childish voice you don't recognize says. "But, you know, she's only doing what she thinks is right. Don't be too hard on her."

// Louise isn't angry, she's scared. She's calming down.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 07:34:47 pm
>"Bweh!?"
>Look for the source of the new voice.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 02, 2018, 07:40:57 pm
>"Bweh!?"
>Look for the source of the new voice.

> You turn, and see a young girl a little shorter than you.

> She is a blonde, like you, and has twin pigtails, each tied with two cherry-looking things. She has light-blue eyes, and is wearing a simple, summery one-piece red dress, which ends at the knees. If you look like a ten year-old; she probobly looks about eight.

> She hops back a little with your sound, before she says. "Don't be scared, it's just Luci."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 07:47:26 pm
>Smile
>"Oh hello there, little one. How long were you there?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 02, 2018, 09:11:45 pm
>Smile
>"Oh hello there, little one. How long were you there?"

> "Long enough to think you're interesting. I like watching the gate and looking at Pandemonium." the girl says. "I know Paradise quite well. It's obvious you're not from here, Miss Bowl-head."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 09:21:58 pm
> It was only a matter of time before we were called bowl-head...
> "Yep we are not from here, and I'm Rumia"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 02, 2018, 09:29:13 pm
> It was only a matter of time before we were called bowl-head...
> "Yep we are not from here, and I'm Rumia"

> It's probobly best it was a child who did it.

> The girl tilts her head.

> "Rumia... Rumia... where are you from? And who's your umbrella?" she asks; pointing at Kogasa.

> Kogasa suddenly gets all red being called someone's umbrella, and says in quite a loud and embarrassed tone "I'm no-one's umbrella!" This causes the girl to playfully stick out her tongue and close one eye... in the same way Kogasa tends to.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 09:51:06 pm
> "Me?  I'm from Gensokyo, and thats Kogasa, she is her own umbrella"
> Be surprised at how she made the same face Kogasa makes when she surprises people
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 02, 2018, 10:07:12 pm
> "Me?  I'm from Gensokyo, and thats Kogasa, she is her own umbrella"
> Be surprised at how she made the same face Kogasa makes when she surprises people

> "Gensokyo? Is that so~" the girl says, raising her arms into your pose for a few moments, before she returns to a normal one, and smiles.

> You are slightly surprised.

> "Well; is there anything you foreigners need help with?" the girl asks. "Either way, I think I'll follow you for a while. It's not often I meet someone from Gensokyo!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 10:12:13 pm
> "Wait how'd you know that?"
> Take our signature pose
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 02, 2018, 10:14:04 pm
> "Wait how'd you know that?"
> Take our signature pose

> You're already in it, it's your default pose anyway. It's like resting your arms at your side to most others.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 10:24:01 pm
> Well that explains why she knew that

> "Well you can come along, I don't see why not"
> Do we feel any magical power from her?  Does she seem weak or strong?
> "You said you know Paradise well, is there a library somewhere?  Or someone that knows the history of Makai? "
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 10:32:30 pm
//Note that I will be going to work within the next 30 mins
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 02, 2018, 10:34:37 pm
> Well that explains why she knew that

> "Well you can come along, I don't see why not"
> Do we feel any magical power from her?  Does she seem weak or strong?
> "You said you know Paradise well, is there a library somewhere?  Or someone that knows the history of Makai? "

> "Yay!" the girl says.

> You feel nothing.

> "There's four big libraries." Luci replies. "One there, one there, one there and one there." she says; pointing at each of the large towers. "Most of the mages have their own personal ones too in their houses."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 10:36:35 pm
> "I'm looking for information on the history of Vina, the other main town in Makai.  Any idea where we might find a book on that?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 10:56:30 pm
>Don't do the above post yet.
 
//Why the sudden decision to stay in Makai longer than we have to? We did what we came here to do. We shouldn't really keep our Gensokyo friends waiting...

//As I'm about to start my shift, I won't to be able to reply to any response to this until my break, which is about two hours or so from now. Would you guys mind waiting for me?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 02, 2018, 10:59:40 pm
// Edit
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 02, 2018, 11:03:58 pm
// Just wanted to find out about Vina, but we can leave that for later if you don't think it's worth it.  We should still take care of the bandits though
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 03, 2018, 01:16:46 am
//We could just ask her about via, but don't ask about books perhaps.

//As for the bandits, remember that they have the advantage. A fight in Makai might be a curbstomp for us...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 03, 2018, 02:05:59 am
// I don't want to outright fight them all at once, they will likely outnumber us and have the advantage since they have infinite energy around them, I want to try and get them to kill eachother so we only have to deal with the last few
// As for how to do that I have a few things in mind, like place a useful/valueable object for them to "find" and then kill eachother over who gets to keep it (Louise said there's little to no trust in Makai so it shouldn't be that hard to get them to backstab eachother)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 03, 2018, 02:50:25 am
//Huh... that's actually a genius plan!
//We should prolly consult Louise on the matter before trying anything tho.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 03, 2018, 04:38:30 am
// We should, and I think she will like it.  I got the idea when she explained her fighting style
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 03, 2018, 06:41:18 pm
// Gonna ask for a re-submission of actions when you've decided on what to do; even if they're unchanged. Mostly so I know when you've decided.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 03, 2018, 08:18:11 pm
// Lets just ask about Vina and go straight to the bandits, so we don't keep our friends at Misty Lake or Mayina waiting

> "Say, have you ever heard about Vina, the other main city in Makai?  Any idea on what might have happened?"

> Turn to Louise
> "Want to go check out the bandits?"

> If Louise says we can
> Turn to Luci
> "We are going to investigate rumors of bandits taking up camp in Wonderland, want to come?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 03, 2018, 08:21:11 pm
//this is fine
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 03, 2018, 08:37:52 pm
// Lets just ask about Vina and go straight to the bandits, so we don't keep our friends at Misty Lake or Mayina waiting

> "Say, have you ever heard about Vina, the other main city in Makai?  Any idea on what might have happened?"

> Turn to Louise
> "Want to go check out the bandits?"

> If Louise says we can
> Turn to Luci
> "We are going to investigate rumors of bandits taking up camp in Wonderland, want to come?"

> "Heard of it." Luci says. "The adults say all sorts of things happened. No-one agrees. It was destroyed before I existed. I think it must have been some magical experiment gone horribly wrong. Why else would no-one have returned?"

> "They're on the way back to the passageway, and I was going to find a way to get rid of them myself." Louise says.

> Luci hops up and down happily. "Bandits are fun! I'm pretty good at magic, I might be able to help!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 03, 2018, 08:41:53 pm
>"How viable of an option do you think it would be to get them to turn on each other?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 03, 2018, 08:42:48 pm
> Before that
> "What kind of magic are you good at?"
> "Are you a daemon or magician?  I can't really tell since I'm new around here"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 03, 2018, 11:02:23 pm
> Before that
> "What kind of magic are you good at?"
> "Are you a daemon or magician?  I can't really tell since I'm new around here"

> "I don't really excel at anything. I can use Animation, Destruction, Malediction and Enhancement all pretty well." Luci says happily. "In fact I'm even working on a few new spells combining some of them together!"

> The girl thinks for a moment. "I guess you could say I'm half and half."

>"How viable of an option do you think it would be to get them to turn on each other?"

> "It depends. If they're working together because they... work well together, it will probobly be harder than if they're just together to take out people easier." Louise says. "But if there's something valuable enough we could bribe some of them with... even if it's a bluff or a lie. It only has to trick them into doing what we would want."

> "What about one of those Magic Crystals that lady was talking about earlier?" Kogasa says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 03, 2018, 11:04:49 pm
> "That Magic Crystals are a good idea but we will have to spend some time looking for them"

> Can we allow others to interact with our barriers?  Like let others move them freely or can only we move them?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 03, 2018, 11:08:04 pm
>"Half and Half? So you're the offspring of a magician and a demon then?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 03, 2018, 11:42:04 pm
> "That Magic Crystals are a good idea but we will have to spend some time looking for them"

> Can we allow others to interact with our barriers?  Like let others move them freely or can only we move them?

> "Who said we have to actually have a crystal?" Luci asks. "Bandits tend to be pretty dumb, and pretty greedy. We just use a fake!"

> You can't 'let' others interact with them, but someone strong enough could probobly manage it.

>"Half and Half? So you're the offspring of a magician and a demon then?"

> "I suppose that's accurate." the girl says. "Although I'm not sure if it's exactly how you're thinking. It's a little complicated."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 03, 2018, 11:43:41 pm
>"Is that so~?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 03, 2018, 11:45:00 pm
> "Where would we find a fake though?"

> Can we "fake" free movement by moving them ourselves when someone puts force on it?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 04, 2018, 04:48:07 pm
>"Is that so~?"

> "It is so~" Luci says.

> "Where would we find a fake though?"

> Can we "fake" free movement by moving them ourselves when someone puts force on it?

> "We make a fake, of course!" the girl says. "We just find something that looks a bit like one and cast some spells on it and poof; fake crystal."

> You could; although judgeing the exact amount to move it in relation to the force would be very difficult.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 04, 2018, 05:51:31 pm
> "That sounds like it will work, any ideas on where we can find something crystal like?"

> Have a look around, do we see any crystal looking things around us?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 04, 2018, 07:24:01 pm
> "That sounds like it will work, any ideas on where we can find something crystal like?"

> Have a look around, do we see any crystal looking things around us?

> Most of the buildings seem to be made of some type of crystal.

> In fact, there's some trees with fruits that looks crystaline.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 04, 2018, 07:28:23 pm
>"What kind of trees are these?"
>Point to one of the crystal fruit trees
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 04, 2018, 07:41:07 pm
> "What do you think of the crystals on those trees?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 04, 2018, 09:08:08 pm
>"What kind of trees are these?"
>Point to one of the crystal fruit trees

> "How would I put it..." Luci says.

> "They're our equivalent to Apple trees." Louise says, picking one of the fruits. It looks like a crystalline Pentagonal Prism [3D Pentagon], in green and red.

> "What do you think of the crystals on those trees?"

> "They're Tasty! That's a Pentle!" Luci says, before her face changes and she makes a mocking face "Oh wait you can't eat it it's probobly poisonous to you, isn't it bowl-head."

> Louise looks at the Pentle.

> "It might work. We'd have to put a fair amount of illusions and enchantments on it." she says. "We'd also probobly end up wasteing a fair bit of the Pentle."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 04, 2018, 09:15:31 pm
> Is it solid and gem like?

> Pick one ourselves to keep, gotta show our friends something cool from our trip!

> "What kind of enchantments are we going to add?  I can manipulate darkness if that helps"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 04, 2018, 09:46:01 pm
> Is it solid and gem like?

> Pick one ourselves to keep, gotta show our friends something cool from our trip!

> "What kind of enchantments are we going to add?  I can manipulate darkness if that helps"

> It looks solid, but if it's a fruit, then it's probobly not actually gem-like or tough.

> You pick a Pentle and pocket it. It indeed dsen't feel tough, but it is smooth, but you can feel it's got a lot of magic inside it.

> "It might if we need to reduce the luster." Louise says. "We'd need to shape it, remove the smell, increase the durabilty, change the texture..." Louise says, pulling a small knife out of her luggage. Not a weapon, but a simple, small cutting one.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 04, 2018, 09:52:09 pm
> "How'd you get that past the metal detector, Louise?"
> "Lets try making it more crystal or glass like first, then let's try adding a glow to it"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 05, 2018, 10:06:21 pm
> "How'd you get that past the metal detector, Louise?"
> "Lets try making it more crystal or glass like first, then let's try adding a glow to it"

> "Well; firstly that means it will need to be compressed." Louise says, before she hands the fruit to you.

> "I'm pretty confident that you're the physically strongest here to compress it." Louise says. "Especially if I strengthen you."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 05, 2018, 10:32:13 pm
> "Lets see what Youkai Strength and barrier implosion can do to this pentle!  Strengthen me once I get to the point where it gets hard"
> Form a spherical darkness barrier around the pentle, then using both our Youkai Strength and the barrier compact it as far as we can.  Make sure to hold it in a way so if it explodes we don't get pentle juice all over us!
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 06, 2018, 05:07:29 pm
> "Lets see what Youkai Strength and barrier implosion can do to this pentle!  Strengthen me once I get to the point where it gets hard"
> Form a spherical darkness barrier around the pentle, then using both our Youkai Strength and the barrier compact it as far as we can.  Make sure to hold it in a way so if it explodes we don't get pentle juice all over us!

>You form a barrier around the fruit, and then start pushing against it. The barrier doesn't exactly help; the crushing is done by your hands after all, but you don't know what's inside the Makai fruit, and what, if any effect it could have on your skin. Best to be safe.

> A cyan liquid starts flowing out of the fruit as you crush it. It's actually fairly resilient to being crushed. Occasionally some of the fruit's internal pulp comes out as well... and it seems to be various colors. Sometimes red, sometimes yellow, sometimes purple... crazy magic rainbow fruit. It smells... weird. Like a mixture of sake and the Forest of Magic.

> The fruit cannot be pressed any further, at least in the direction you have been crushing.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on December 06, 2018, 05:30:41 pm
>Try crushing it in a different direction.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 06, 2018, 06:30:49 pm
> Any seeds fall out?
> Also, sake?!  Do these things ferment?
> Do we even like sake?  Or are we considered "underage"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 06, 2018, 10:22:06 pm
>Try crushing it in a different direction.

> You manage to crush the Pentle a bit more by crushing it in a different direction.

> Any seeds fall out?
> Also, sake?!  Do these things ferment?
> Do we even like sake?  Or are we considered "underage"

> You have not seen anything resembling a seed.

> You're not sure if it ferments.

> You're not considered underage. Just because you're physically young dosen't mean you're young. Even most of the fairies drink! Still, it's not a major habit of yours, you only really drink at celebrations and can't hold your drink well.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 06, 2018, 10:25:03 pm
>imagine a drunk cirno and shudder
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 06, 2018, 11:00:46 pm
> What is drunk Rumia like?
> Do we have the tolerance of a 10 year old?
> "Its crushed, what should we do next?  There is quite a lot of juice and pulp coming out, we need to get rid of it for it to pass as a crystal"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 07, 2018, 02:53:46 pm
>imagine a drunk cirno and shudder

> Why imagine what you've seen? You do shudder however at the memory of that cold.

> What is drunk Rumia like?
> Do we have the tolerance of a 10 year old?
> "Its crushed, what should we do next?  There is quite a lot of juice and pulp coming out, we need to get rid of it for it to pass as a crystal"

> You're usually a semi-blind [thanks to your darkness bubble and inability to see in the dark], mostly carefree, somewhat bumbleing youkai. When drunk you're just absolutely hopeless and seem to be magnetized to tree trunks. You're not sure if you wake up hungover or concussed.

> You are unsure of what the tolerance of a human 10 year old would be. [Not quite that bad, but she's a lightweight.]

> Louise looks at the crushed Pentle, and then to Kogasa.

> "You can do some sort of water magic, right?"

> Kogasa nods.

> "Rinse it out, get the juice and flesh off it, and clean the skin." Louise says.

> "Someone's gonna have to hold it for me then." Kogasa says. "It's gonna be hard to hold something while I'm spinning. Also, you'll probobly get wet."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 07, 2018, 03:29:30 pm
> "I'll "hold" it"
> Dispel our original barrier around it and pin it between 2 small circle barriers on it's top and bottom,  apply some amount of force to keep it pinned
> Oh also get out of the way and form a barrier between us and Kogasa so we don't get wet
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 07, 2018, 09:14:20 pm
> "I'll "hold" it"
> Dispel our original barrier around it and pin it between 2 small circle barriers on it's top and bottom,  apply some amount of force to keep it pinned
> Oh also get out of the way and form a barrier between us and Kogasa so we don't get wet

> You form a couple of small barriers to hold the Pentle in place [Luckily it's very light] and another basic barrier to cover yourself from what you think is coming.

> Kogasa starts to spin her umbrella around and around and around, faster and faster, until drops of water start flying off it everywhere. The focus of them is roughly on the Pentle, but everywhere is getting splashed.

> After a short while you start to notice Kogasa's eyes spinning around and around and her wobbling a bit.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 07, 2018, 09:26:17 pm
> "You alright Kogasa?"
> Once the water stops splashing around drop the barrier infront of us and check how it looks
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 07, 2018, 09:34:06 pm
> "You alright Kogasa?"
> Once the water stops splashing around drop the barrier infront of us and check how it looks

> "Bewwwo bello bwah..." she mutters as she sways while she keeps spinning the umbrella.

> Kogasa stops spinning after a few more moments. She's clearly dizzy.

> The Pentle is wet, and has been cleaned. The skin looks significantly shinier.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 07, 2018, 09:36:56 pm
> Turn towards Louise
> "What should we add next?  A shimmer?  Can we make it translucent?"

> Experiment a little and see if anything interesting happens: (We are trying to add a faint glow but any other effects will be interesting too)
> Think of the Pentle being darkened (we know we can do this already but try regardless to get a feeling on how it affects the Pentle)
> Think of the Pentle not being darkened, try to imagine an absence of darkness or the opposite of what we did before
> Think of the Pentle's darkness and try and imagine its darkness somewhere else
> Visualize what a very bright Pentle would look like and next to it a pitch black Pentle, then try and shift our image of the current Pentle towards the one that's bright
> Imagine Gensokyo's bright sun on a summer day shining on the Pentle
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 10, 2018, 09:17:58 am
> Turn towards Louise
> "What should we add next?  A shimmer?  Can we make it translucent?"

> Experiment a little and see if anything interesting happens: (We are trying to add a faint glow but any other effects will be interesting too)
> Think of the Pentle being darkened (we know we can do this already but try regardless to get a feeling on how it affects the Pentle)
> Think of the Pentle not being darkened, try to imagine an absence of darkness or the opposite of what we did before
> Think of the Pentle's darkness and try and imagine its darkness somewhere else
> Visualize what a very bright Pentle would look like and next to it a pitch black Pentle, then try and shift our image of the current Pentle towards the one that's bright
> Imagine Gensokyo's bright sun on a summer day shining on the Pentle

[Apologies for the delay. I've been occupied with IRL stuff.]

> "It shouldn't be translucent." Louise says. "Magic Crystals are bright and shine; but they're also solid, being condensed magic."

> You make the Pentle appear darker by using your darkness.

> You then attempt to do the opposite. The crushed fruit returns to normal and nothing else happens.

> You try and move the darkness of the fruit somewhere else. Nothing happens.

> Despite your other efforts, you are unable to make the already fairly bright blue fruit's husk any brighter.

> Louise, while you are doing this, starts to make Maisma flow into the hole at the bottom of the fruit.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 10, 2018, 01:37:15 pm
> It's a shame we couldn't add some glow or shimmer to it
> Try one last thing, imagine everything around us being darker except the Pentle and see if that makes it "appear" or "feel" brighter when in fact it's not
> Reverse what we did so Louise can see

> Watch and see if the miasma makes the fruit look any different
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 12, 2018, 06:56:20 pm
> It's a shame we couldn't add some glow or shimmer to it
> Try one last thing, imagine everything around us being darker except the Pentle and see if that makes it "appear" or "feel" brighter when in fact it's not
> Reverse what we did so Louise can see

> Watch and see if the miasma makes the fruit look any different

> Well; you are a Darkness Youkai, not a sparkles Youkai.

> You try to make everything but the Pentle darker, but the darkness you create doing this blocks out the light reaching the fruit as well, causing it to darken as well.

> Reverseing this just ends up putting the fruit in a sphere of darkness.

> The maisma makes the crushed fruit fill out a little bit. It still looks crumpled and certainly not shaped like it originally was. But now it looks a little like it could pass for some sort of blue rock.

> Louise casts a small spell; and the bottom of the fruit seals itself up. It feels a bit warm.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on December 12, 2018, 07:23:49 pm
>"Well, it looks more like a rock now, but it's not shiny like a crystal. Anyone have any ideas for what we could try next?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 12, 2018, 09:18:24 pm
>"Well, it looks more like a rock now, but it's not shiny like a crystal. Anyone have any ideas for what we could try next?"

> Louise firstly casts another spell; and you feel the texture of the fruit change on your hand, now feeling less like a fruit, and smoother. Like it's not been forced into such a shape.

> "Yes, the lustre is the only thing we're missing now." Louise says.

> "Ooh, everyone else has done things! It's my turn!" Luci says.

> She puts a finger on the Pentle [Saying 'Boop' as she does], and it suddenly starts sparkling, looking like an actual gemstone. She then floats back a few steps worth, looking happy.

> "It didn't look like that was a spell." Louise says.

> "Oh, I just have the power to make minor changes in appearances." Luci says. "Maybe when I'm older I'll be able to do more than minor things. It's my ability~"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 12, 2018, 11:02:42 pm
> "Wow that's really useful!"
> Turn to Louise
> "How do abilities work if they are not spells?  Most of us Youkai have an ability although I've never understood how my manipulation of darkness works, neither why I can use barriers, I've only seen shrine maidens do that, and they use barriers to seal us Youkai..."
> "Oh and do you have an ability, Louise?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 13, 2018, 08:44:34 am
> "Wow that's really useful!"
> Turn to Louise
> "How do abilities work if they are not spells?  Most of us Youkai have an ability although I've never understood how my manipulation of darkness works, neither why I can use barriers, I've only seen shrine maidens do that, and they use barriers to seal us Youkai..."
> "Oh and do you have an ability, Louise?"

> "Aw, it's not that useful." Luci says.

> "Spells for the most part require some sort of incantation, or magical sigil, or even a focus like a Staff. The magic needs to be molded. Abilities... you just use them." Louise says. "If someone were to cast a Fireball spell; they'd need to either say something or form some sort of magic sigil. Someone who's ability is pyromancy can just throw a fireball. About the only exception is for minor magic used by a very powerful magic user. In that case, they can just instantly cast it. Like Yuki with those small embers she was toying with."

> Louise looks a little surprised. And then looks slightly... upset as she looks away from you a little.

> "I... suppose you could say that I... had an ability. It's not one I have control over. I don't like talking about it."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 13, 2018, 08:48:47 am
>"O-Oh..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 13, 2018, 10:08:57 am
> Lets not pry, this sounds sensitive
> "Well we have our "crystal" now, so let's get to work with the next part of our plan which is to get them jealous over possession of the crystal... that should be enough for them to betray each other and do most of the work for us"
> "However there's multiple ways to do that, my suggestion is that we arrange for one of them to "find" the crystal, preferably the most greedy one"
> "That way no one of us has to get close and risk being hurt, besides watching them quarrel over it might be interesting!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 13, 2018, 06:43:43 pm
>"O-Oh..."

> Louise dosen't respond.

> Lets not pry, this sounds sensitive
> "Well we have our "crystal" now, so let's get to work with the next part of our plan which is to get them jealous over possession of the crystal... that should be enough for them to betray each other and do most of the work for us"
> "However there's multiple ways to do that, my suggestion is that we arrange for one of them to "find" the crystal, preferably the most greedy one"
> "That way no one of us has to get close and risk being hurt, besides watching them quarrel over it might be interesting!"

> "How do we make sure the greediest one gets it however?" Kogasa asks.

> "The fake crystal is a bargaining chip. We can probobly use it to get them to do things for us." Louise says. "If we just let them have it, they might just sell it, thinking it real."

> "Then what do we do?" Luci asks.

> "Simple, we need to get a small group of them away from the others. Then bribe them to cause the havoc we want." Louise replies. "But to do that, we'll need bait to get the small group separate. And obviously we don't want to bite off more than we can handle; or they might just take it by force putting us back to square one."

> "Sounds risky." Kogasa comments.

> Louise smirks. "Well; it's risky for most of us. There is someone here however that is perfectly suited for the role."

> Donitia looks nervous. "Just because I respawn dosen't ****ing mean..."

> "There is a child here." Louise says. "Please try to mind your language. Besides. You are not the bait. I am."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 13, 2018, 07:36:35 pm
> "WHAT?!"
> "You aren't thinking of using yourself as bait?!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 13, 2018, 07:46:22 pm
> "WHAT?!"
> "You aren't thinking of using yourself as bait?!"

> "Of course I am." Louise says. "You think that the Bandits could resist going after someone who looks high-class such as myself? They would anticipate me carrying something of worth. It might look suspicious if anyone else had the crystal. Besides; did I not say that I intended to take action against these Bandits myself earlier?"

> Louise waits a few moments.

> "Besides... I'm well suited to such a task. The risk for me is nothing compared to the risk for you. Not to mention I can lead them into an ambush. I know the terrain better than any of you."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 13, 2018, 08:25:02 pm
> "Umm I think the risk of dying is equally bad for all of us ... except maybe Donita"
> "But there's no denying you are better prepared than the rest of us, though be careful!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 13, 2018, 09:35:48 pm
> "Umm I think the risk of dying is equally bad for all of us ... except maybe Donita"
> "But there's no denying you are better prepared than the rest of us, though be careful!"

> "What you think is incorrect." Louise says.

> "Very well then, if we are in agreement, we should head off." Louise states; before she casts her Haste spell upon the group and she takes the lead, flying out of Paradise.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 13, 2018, 10:07:00 pm
> What we think is incorrect what could this mean? Could she be using Continues?
> Follow Louise!
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 13, 2018, 11:12:12 pm
> What we think is incorrect what could this mean? Could she be using Continues?
> Follow Louise!

> You follow Louise. It doesn't take you too long to reach the small cluster of buildings near the crevice you sheltered from the storm was, and where Galea warned you of the bandits.

> Louise turns a different direction, and shortly after, you can see a distinct change in the horizon.

> The sky ahead, in a somewhat small area, is black and starry, although the stars are red. Brick structures [Not buildings... more like floating platforms, random pillars and shapes] are dotted around. Some even seem to have signs on, like floating roads, twisiting through the air.

> Beyond that, you can see... an almost Earth-like scene of a green field, a river and mountains. But it's only a limited area, and outside of this strange area, Makai is the same red landscape as normal.

> Louise stops and looks around, before pointing to a cluster of floating brick structures on the outskirts.

> "Hide behind those. Be ready to ambush whoever I lure out. We have to show them they can't just take it by force."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 13, 2018, 11:20:06 pm
>"By ambush, do you mean attack them immediately, or jump out to surprise them and just have an intimidating presence until you want us to attack?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 13, 2018, 11:44:57 pm
>"By ambush, do you mean attack them immediately, or jump out to surprise them and just have an intimidating presence until you want us to attack?"

> "How about attacking, but missing on purpose? Just to show your strength. Just popping out and saying 'surprise' [Louise looks directly at Kogasa as she says that] probobly won't stop them."

[Would you guys like to have control of Louise to bait the bandits, or just wait for Louise to return? I'm not 100% sure myself if I should give control of Louise at this point, so I'll put it for opinion. Notably you won't be able to check all of Louise's information if you control her. A lady must keep some secrets~]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 14, 2018, 01:22:05 am
[I don't think Rumia has enough relationship points (?) yet, maybe after fighting the bandits?  One of the reasons we're fighting them this way is to impress Louise.  (And its more in-character for childlike and inexperienced Rumia to want to follow good examples like Louise's fighting style or sparring Mayina by banishing him like Shinki did with Lumina)]

> "Okay!  I'll shoot some misdirected lasers or try and trap them with barriers!  Or even make everything dark so they can't see!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 14, 2018, 04:27:22 pm
[I don't think Rumia has enough relationship points (?) yet, maybe after fighting the bandits?  One of the reasons we're fighting them this way is to impress Louise.  (And its more in-character for childlike and inexperienced Rumia to want to follow good examples like Louise's fighting style or sparring Mayina by banishing him like Shinki did with Lumina)]

> "Okay!  I'll shoot some misdirected lasers or try and trap them with barriers!  Or even make everything dark so they can't see!"

> "I wouldn't waste energy on the barriers." Louise says. "Just a display of power will do. Intimidate them."

[Also; I remembered something that; while Rumia wouldn't recognize it, the fake gem resembles: One of Flandre's crystals on her wings]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 14, 2018, 11:34:31 pm
> "That's a good idea, we should save our energy in case we get in to an actual fight"
> Wait and see what Louise does
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 14, 2018, 11:49:38 pm
> "That's a good idea, we should save our energy in case we get in to an actual fight"
> Wait and see what Louise does

> Louise flies into the Wonderland, still carrying her luggage in one hand, and the crystal in another.

> Shortly after she flies out of view from your hiding spot [You do have to hide; after all], you hear various yells and spells. You even see flashes.

> A shorter amount of time since Louise left view; something enters your view.

> Leading the group is... Louise? Except she looks drastically different. Her blonde hair has turned deep blue, along with the purple fabrics on her dress. Pale blue flame-like wisps are coming from her body, and some parts are outright engulfed in the stuff. You see a blast of energy go through her to seemingly no effect except leaving a hole with the flames. She still has the crystal and the luggage however. Louise seems to be making no effort to dodge, just making sure her luggage isn't hit.

(https://i.imgur.com/I3OOvEP.jpg)

> Behind her are two deamons. Both males. These ones are not wearing suits, instead dressed like a human villager would, in simple, plain [Although green] material. One is blue-haired and has a mohawk, while the other has unkempt yellow hair; ad is the one who fired the energy blast. Their wings also differ from Mayina's. The mohawk deamon has four very small wings on his back, that look like bat wings. The yellow-haired one has two; tattered-looking crescent wings that are larger than Mayina's were. Neither have head-wings, or seem to have tails [At least visible ones].
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 15, 2018, 01:45:41 am
// Ex-Louise?! A w e s o m e. . .
> Does Mayina have headwings // like Koakuma?

> After what they have seen will our lasers and darkness even impress them a little?
> Once they get close to us or Louise signals us, fly out, spread our darkness and fire three lethal delay lasers from each hand, aiming three on the one daemon and three on the other.  Swap the delay lasers to danmaku from lethal if the daemons enter the "pre laser" before we fire them.  Then darken the area around them and fire streams of misdirected danmaku darkness bullets aimed to limit their movement, so if they stand still they won't get hit
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 15, 2018, 09:22:55 am
// Ex-Louise?! A w e s o m e. . .
> Does Mayina have headwings // like Koakuma?

> After what they have seen will our lasers and darkness even impress them a little?
> Once they get close to us or Louise signals us, fly out, spread our darkness and fire three lethal delay lasers from each hand, aiming three on the one daemon and three on the other.  Swap the delay lasers to danmaku from lethal if the daemons enter the "pre laser" before we fire them.  Then darken the area around them and fire streams of misdirected danmaku darkness bullets aimed to limit their movement, so if they stand still they won't get hit

// You mean 4Louise? It's her appearance in Stage 4 of Mystic Square as the midboss.

> He had a small pair. You do not know what this 'Koakuma' is however.

> You don't know. But you imagine if these guys are teaming up on people they're not very brave or strong.

> As you prepare your attacks, you suddenly feel the Haste Magic that Louise placed upon you for the travel flare up, and then you feel a surge of power. Your attacks come out significantly more powerful than you've seen them before. The lasers are brighter, and the danmaku spray is faster and more dense.

> The same seems to be true for Donitia's barrage of bubble-like bullets. You can't really tell with Kogasa, she's using an attack you've not seen before, swinging her umbrella in a streight line on either side on her, and in her wake... more umbrellas appear and fly in a line, spraying danmaku. Then she swings the umbrella on her other side and a rush of umbrellas come towards her. It's almost like she's signalling them.

> With this barrage, the Bandit duo predictably stop and protect themselves, while Louise turns around and faces them.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 15, 2018, 04:23:26 pm
> Keep up the barrage until signaled or told to stop, fire darkness danmaku closer to them but make sure to still miss, also make everything even darker
> Get a little bit closer to them but slowly so we don't mess up our pattern with the streaming bullets and hit them accidentally
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 15, 2018, 04:39:31 pm
> Keep up the barrage until signaled or told to stop, fire darkness danmaku closer to them but make sure to still miss, also make everything even darker
> Get a little bit closer to them but slowly so we don't mess up our pattern with the streaming bullets and hit them accidentally

> Louise signals to stop almost immediately. She then opens her mouth and it moves, but no sound exits it.

> Louise signals for help, and makes a motion to suggest she can't speak.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 15, 2018, 08:33:35 pm
>Ceasefire
>Approach
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 15, 2018, 09:15:24 pm
>Ceasefire
>Approach

> You stop fireing and approach Louise.

> The bandits get out of their self-protective stances, and look at you. Luci and Donitia move behind them, while Kogasa just starts flying around happily circleing everyone else.

> "What do we do?" the yellow-haired one asks.

> "I dunno, the boss is the one who tells us what to do, I don't do thinkin'." the blue-haired one responds. "All I knows is that it's four and a half against us two, and they just showed they got some serious power."

> "Can we run away?" the yellow-haired one asks.

> "We couldn't catch that freak, what makes you think we could get away?"

> Louise looks insulted and her mouth makes movements but nothing comes out.

> "She's saying ********** ****** ****** you ****  *******" Donitia says happily.

> Louise gives the fairy a death glare. Luci smacks her upside the back of the head while blushing.

[NB: I just put a random number of stars because I felt like it]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 15, 2018, 09:29:33 pm
//I literally have no idea what to say right now, so I'm handing the torch to you, Tom
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 15, 2018, 09:34:19 pm
> Make our cute "can I eat the one standing before me" face (from EoSD) from now on

> "Hi there!  You look a little overwhelmed, wanna play with us some more?"
> "No?  You're no fun!  I'll tell you what, if you don't want to play with us why don't you help us with something!  We will let you go and might even reward you with something valuable if you do a _really_ good job"

> "Oh, I'm also a little curious as to what you mean four-and-a-half?  I sure hope for your sake you don't consider fairies as a half a person"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 15, 2018, 10:11:14 pm
> Make our cute "can I eat the one standing before me" face (from EoSD) from now on

> "Hi there!  You look a little overwhelmed, wanna play with us some more?"
> "No?  You're no fun!  I'll tell you what, if you don't want to play with us why don't you help us with something!  We will let you go and might even reward you with something valuable if you do a _really_ good job"

> "Oh, I'm also a little curious as to what you mean four-and-a-half?  I sure hope for your sake you don't consider fairies as a half a person"

> "Play? That was just playin?" the yellow-haired bandit says in a scared manner.

> The two bandits look at each other. The blue haired one says after a few moments. "Whatdya want us to do?"

> "Well; she's not exactly a full sized person now is she?"  the yellow-haired bandit says. This; predictably; causes a storm of swears from the fairy.

> The blue enrgy rolling off Louise starts to fade away a bit, with the flaming holes in her body shrinking, her body and clothing reforming perfectly. This is happening rather slowly however.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 15, 2018, 10:16:04 pm
> "Haha it's simple!  We just want you to fight for us!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 15, 2018, 10:38:45 pm
> "Haha it's simple!  We just want you to fight for us!"

> "Fight for you?" the blue-haired one asks quietly.

> "If you guys are so strong why'dya need our help?" the yellow-haired daemon asks. "That freak alone is seemingly invincible."

> Louise looks insulted again.

> "Maybe they ain't so strong after all." the blue haired one says. "Maybe they blew everything they had on scareing us or can do illusion magic or something..."

> "Should probobly know what you want us to fight of course. Maybe they're plann'in some big raid or something. Or know some juicy target." the yellow-haired daemon commens, looking like he's thinking.

> "Oh that one sounds fun! I hope it's that"

> "I hope what we want from you surprises you~!" Kogasa chants as she flies around.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 15, 2018, 11:33:08 pm
> "Oh such flattery..."
> "If we don't get to play with you more, I can settle for watching you play with others!  It's almost as satisfying as playing with you myself!"

> "So, you know the group you work for out here in Wonderland?  Ever wished you could keep more of the loot you find in raids?  I suggest you take them out!  That way you two get to keep all their loot for yourselves!  And we get to be entertained watching you instead of playing with you!  We will even give you that mana crystal she is holding, if you are successful for your efforts!"

> Can we form a flat ring shaped barrier?  Like a circle barrier but with a hole in the middle?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 16, 2018, 03:02:28 pm
> "Oh such flattery..."
> "If we don't get to play with you more, I can settle for watching you play with others!  It's almost as satisfying as playing with you myself!"

> "So, you know the group you work for out here in Wonderland?  Ever wished you could keep more of the loot you find in raids?  I suggest you take them out!  That way you two get to keep all their loot for yourselves!  And we get to be entertained watching you instead of playing with you!  We will even give you that mana crystal she is holding, if you are successful for your efforts!"

> Can we form a flat ring shaped barrier?  Like a circle barrier but with a hole in the middle?

> "Quit messin' with us!" the blue haired one yells at your comment about playing.

> "More loot would be nice, I always feel like the boss gives us a small cut..." the yellow haired daemon says.

> "Yeah but the boss is strong! And there's the other two as well, we're outnumbered!" the blue one replies.

> "Boss is strong but can she take both of us? If we take the others out two-on-one as well... maybe we can do it." the yellow one says in a shifty manner.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 16, 2018, 03:07:53 pm
> "It sucks to be given a small cut!  If you take them out you can share it half and half among yourselves!"

> "If you think they are tough to fight all at once I don't blame you, just try and figure out a way to fight them one or two at a time and the boss last so it's a two on one!  You'll surely win!"

> "Kind of irrelevant but, you haven't heard anyone around here talk about a servitude contract?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 16, 2018, 10:30:50 pm
> "It sucks to be given a small cut!  If you take them out you can share it half and half among yourselves!"

> "If you think they are tough to fight all at once I don't blame you, just try and figure out a way to fight them one or two at a time and the boss last so it's a two on one!  You'll surely win!"

> "Kind of irrelevant but, you haven't heard anyone around here talk about a servitude contract?"

> "That's what I said." the yellow-haired one says.

> "Oh no, I don't want no stinkin' contract." the blue-haired daemon says.

> "Koas who submit to be someone's slave go against the pride of our race!" the yellow-haired daemon says. "They wanna be stronger they should try hard and get stronger so they're not Koas anymore."

> "Koa?" Kogasa asks.

> "Low-Class daemon." Luci says. "Koa is what they call themselves as an overall group. Then there's the Chus, or Middle-Class daemons, and then the Subas, or Greater-Class. A Deamon changes as they accumulate personal strength. A Koa that becomes strong enough will undergo a transformation into a Chu, and a Chu will becomes a Suba if they get strong enough. Of course; a Koa with a powerful master can be stronger than a higher-class daemon, but that's not their *own* strength. They're still a Koa."

[Mayina is a Koa-class daemon before you ask. And of course; strength in Makai relates to social standing, which is why many Koas are effectively employees/slaves for stronger daemons and Magicians. It's natural in Makai that the strong command the weak.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 16, 2018, 10:44:52 pm
> "I wasn't offering a contract, I just wanted to know if someone else was offering them around here recently"

> "So, ready to take em out and claim your fair share?"

> Make a mental note to ask Luci later for the physical differences in appearance of the different classes of daemons
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 16, 2018, 11:03:38 pm
> "I wasn't offering a contract, I just wanted to know if someone else was offering them around here recently"

> "So, ready to take em out and claim your fair share?"

> Make a mental note to ask Luci later for the physical differences in appearance of the different classes of daemons

> "Nope, we work for the boss because the boss is the strongest one." the blue-haired one says.

> "I guess so..." the blue one responds.

> "I get the feelin' we don't have much of a choice." the yellow-haired daemon says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 16, 2018, 11:06:27 pm
> Look at the yellow haired daemon
> "Oh my, you are quite the perceptive one aren't you!"
> "Well have fun!  We know we will~"

> Can we make a flat ring shaped barrier?  Like circle but don't fill in the center
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 17, 2018, 08:56:29 pm
> Look at the yellow haired daemon
> "Oh my, you are quite the perceptive one aren't you!"
> "Well have fun!  We know we will~"

> Can we make a flat ring shaped barrier?  Like circle but don't fill in the center

> "Why? What are you going to do?" the blue-haired daemon asks.

> You could probobly manage it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 17, 2018, 10:15:29 pm
> "We will watch while you attack the boss and take the loot you have earned"
> "Don't forget to come back at the end for the gem"

> Form a small ring barrier behind us just for practice and to make sure we can (Don't let them see this), dispel it afterwards
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 17, 2018, 10:45:51 pm
> "We will watch while you attack the boss and take the loot you have earned"
> "Don't forget to come back at the end for the gem"

> Form a small ring barrier behind us just for practice and to make sure we can (Don't let them see this), dispel it afterwards

> The blue haired daemon grumbles about why they have to do everything.

> You can't form a barrier behind yourself; you kinda need to see what you're doing.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 18, 2018, 12:11:35 am
> Yeah better not clip into something or ourselves!
> Follow them and find a cliff/mountaintop we can hide behind to watch the scene we have elegantly set up play out.  Prefer further away than near, not being seen is more important than a perfect view
> Once hidden repeat the ring barrier attempt
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 18, 2018, 07:59:35 pm
> Yeah better not clip into something or ourselves!
> Follow them and find a cliff/mountaintop we can hide behind to watch the scene we have elegantly set up play out.  Prefer further away than near, not being seen is more important than a perfect view
> Once hidden repeat the ring barrier attempt

> You and the others fly to a high-stationed bit of floating road.

> You rather quickly see the yellow deamon sneak up behind a bulky-looking male with green hair, and use some sort of magical rope to hold him in place. The blue deamon then cracks him around the head with a glowing fist.

> With some effort, you manage to make a O shaped barrier.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 18, 2018, 08:07:31 pm
> Keep watching, this is entertaining after all
> How many of them are there (that we can see)

> Try and form the O shaped barrier around something existing, like a strand of hair, to see if it damages what is in the middle when it's formed
> Try forming another O shaped barrier that intersects the first one like links in a chain
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 18, 2018, 09:23:31 pm
> Keep watching, this is entertaining after all
> How many of them are there (that we can see)

> Try and form the O shaped barrier around something existing, like a strand of hair, to see if it damages what is in the middle when it's formed
> Try forming another O shaped barrier that intersects the first one like links in a chain

> The red-haired daemon actually dosen't seem to go down from the smack, and breathes a stream of flame from his mouth. The two other daemons avoid it, but the magical ropes fade away. The daemons fire the energy blasts they did at Louise and score a clear hit on the red-haired daemon however, who tried to dodge but was still unbalanced. This seems to knock him out.

> You cannot see anyone else from here.

> Nothing happens to the hair in the middle of the barrier.

> The two barriers shatter on contact with each other.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 18, 2018, 09:30:53 pm
> Keep watching, if they leave follow behind them but stay hidden
> Whisper "There must be more, it can't just be the red haired one"
> Whisper "Louise, how many do you think there are, and what do we do with the knocked out one?"

> Try forming two separate ring barriers (not interlinked) then touch them together
> Then try forming two interlinked rings but make sure the actual barrier parts don't touch eachother, ones ring should go through the center of the other
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 18, 2018, 11:35:59 pm
> Keep watching, if they leave follow behind them but stay hidden
> Whisper "There must be more, it can't just be the red haired one"
> Whisper "Louise, how many do you think there are, and what do we do with the knocked out one?"

> Try forming two separate ring barriers (not interlinked) then touch them together
> Then try forming two interlinked rings but make sure the actual barrier parts don't touch eachother, ones ring should go through the center of the other

> "They said there were two and the boss. If they are lookouts, they're probobly stationed in different places." Luci says.

> Louise holds up two fingers. She still appears unable to speak, but her... blue-ness is fadeing.

> "I'm unsure we'll have to do anything to that one. If they beat the Boss; or we do, they'll probobly fall apart as a gang anyway." Luci states.

> The barriers break on contact.

> Nothing happens, although maintaining two barriers is rather taxing. Even forming one with a hole in took quite some focus.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 18, 2018, 11:45:37 pm
> Dispel the barriers

> "So let's give them the crystal and tell them to leave Wonderland?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 18, 2018, 11:54:13 pm
> Dispel the barriers

> "So let's give them the crystal and tell them to leave Wonderland?"

> "The boss would probobly need to be taken down first." Luci says. "They seem scared of her, and if she's not stopped she could just do this again. Besides, they've only taken out one of the others. There's still one member and the Boss."

> The yellow and blue-haired daemons start flying off deeper into the Wonderland.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 19, 2018, 10:27:49 am
> Pursue!  Stay hidden though
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 19, 2018, 06:30:30 pm
> Pursue!  Stay hidden though

> You carefully follow the two daemons.

> A pink-haired female daemon comes into view, looking out away from the Wonderland. The two daemons both fire several blasts of energy at her, the surprise attack catching her completely off-guard. When the smoke from the explosion clears, she's on the ground, not moving.

> The two daemons seem to be talking to each other now.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 19, 2018, 07:53:17 pm
> Does she look alive?
> Stealthily get closer with our priority on not being seen and try and hear what they are saying
> If they head off pursue them (again don't be seen)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 19, 2018, 08:34:23 pm
> Does she look alive?
> Stealthily get closer with our priority on not being seen and try and hear what they are saying
> If they head off pursue them (again don't be seen)

> It is difficult to tell the difference between merely unconscious or dead at this distance. Unless there was something obvious that indicated the latter.

> You get closer. It sounds like they are discussing plans on how to fight the Boss.

> You hear a quiet fizzle sound, and then hear Louise mutter "That took long enough."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 19, 2018, 08:55:13 pm
> Whisper "That was impressive Louise!  Is that your ability?"
> Whisper "If they have trouble fighting the boss would it be a good idea to enhance them?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 19, 2018, 09:17:24 pm
> Whisper "That was impressive Louise!  Is that your ability?"
> Whisper "If they have trouble fighting the boss would it be a good idea to enhance them?"

> "It is the result of it, but not the ability itself. My ability was used... a long time ago." Louise whispers. "I suppose I owe an explanation. But not now."

> "It entirely depends how powerful they are. The strong ones always hide after all; and she had the others on lookout duty, hiding behind them. We might have to join the fight if she's too overwhelming for them. I wouldn't make them too strong; lest they get big-headed and make this all happen again."

> The two daemons fly off towards the edge of the floating road network nearest the mountains.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 19, 2018, 09:28:25 pm
> Note the direction they headed in
> Quickly check on the one on the ground, is she alive?

> If we risk loosing them say: "Go on ahead, I'll be right behind you, just checking on this one"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 19, 2018, 10:01:07 pm
> Note the direction they headed in
> Quickly check on the one on the ground, is she alive?

> If we risk loosing them say: "Go on ahead, I'll be right behind you, just checking on this one"

> You take note of the direction they headed.

> The pink-haired daemon [Pinkette?] is unconcious, but seems to be breatheing. You don't know if it's any use checking for a pulse on a daemon, or where to check.

> They're not exactly fast.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 19, 2018, 10:19:34 pm
> If we can't see any mortal wounds:
>> "Alright shes just knocked out, lets stealthily go after them"
>> Pursue!
> Else
>> Try and check pulse like we would on another Youkai
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 19, 2018, 11:10:57 pm
> If we can't see any mortal wounds:
>> "Alright shes just knocked out, lets stealthily go after them"
>> Pursue!
> Else
>> Try and check pulse like we would on another Youkai

> You can't see any open wounds. She got blasted by an explosion after all. Still; just to be safe you check her pulse and feel a faint, very off-beat pulse. It almost feels like there are multiple hearts beating.

> You follow the two daemons towards the center of the Wonderland.

> You arrive to see the two daemons and a damaged building. Judgeing from their pose, they just blasted the building resulting in the damage to the wall. On the roof is a different female daemon.

> This daemon has silver hair; which darkens and eventually becomes black towards the ends, which are around her hips. She has four wings, each crescent shaped, with the lower pair smaller than the upper. She also has large horns on her head, curling around like a ram's; going from brown to red. Her irises glow red.

> Her arms are long, her hands dangleing by her knees as she stands upright, adorned with long, red-painted nails. She generally looks to be in good physical condition, and would certainly pass for being an attractive woman. She has a long red tail, about 80 cm long. She is wearing a gothic Victorian-style dress; except it's blue.

> "My my, something must be going on for you two to grow a spine and stand up to me." the female daemon says in a honied voice. "It's far from an intelligent play, but I didn't hire you two for your wits."

> She shrugs and then licks her lips. "Still, let's see how much fun you dogs are. If you bore me, I'll put you down~"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 19, 2018, 11:21:17 pm
> Whisper "If only the spell card rules existed here... They wouldn't have to nearly kill them to make a point, the conditions of losing would be having to give the winner their loot and leave Wonderland"
> Whisper "Is she a Koa?"
> Whisper "Louise, do you think those haste spells you used on us back would help them?  Don't overexert yourself though"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 19, 2018, 11:38:28 pm
> Whisper "If only the spell card rules existed here... They wouldn't have to nearly kill them to make a point, the conditions of losing would be having to give the winner their loot and leave Wonderland"
> Whisper "Is she a Koa?"
> Whisper "Louise, do you think those haste spells you used on us back would help them?  Don't overexert yourself though"

> "And yet there's nothing stopping them just causing trouble elsewhere and bothering other people." Louise states.

> "No. Koas never have horns. They can have head-wings, but never horns. The more... standout the daemon the stronger they are usually. Such as Mai's white wings." Louise explains.

> "Help? Certainly. If they would be enough... entirely depends on exactly how strong she is." Louise remarks as she forms magical sigils. "I also have to find a chance to cast the spells without us being noticed. The magic infusing their bodies from my location could give us away."

> "We could just blast her. We're all still buffed right?" Donitia says.

> "I cast all of that a while ago. Most of that enhancement magic would be used up by now. Not all of it, but it's sure to be weaker by now." Louise says. "And it may be over-strenuous for your bodies if I enhance them again too much. One's body can only take so much. It's a lot easier to give 110% than 150%."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 19, 2018, 11:50:18 pm
> "Well causing a little trouble individually wouldn't be too bad, the fact that they are a group and have successfully taken over Wonderland is the problem.  Even with permission it feels bad to interfere with the risk of killing them as an outsider to Makai"
> Turn to Donitia
> "Only if they are still losing after being enhanced"

> In the mean time let's practice on our barriers, namely O shaped.  As we probably know practice makes perfect!
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 20, 2018, 03:27:46 pm
> "Well causing a little trouble individually wouldn't be too bad, the fact that they are a group and have successfully taken over Wonderland is the problem.  Even with permission it feels bad to interfere with the risk of killing them as an outsider to Makai"
> Turn to Donitia
> "Only if they are still losing after being enhanced"

> In the mean time let's practice on our barriers, namely O shaped.  As we probably know practice makes perfect!

> "I suppose, the real issue if her, since she's able to gather followers." Louise says.

> "Say..." Luci says. "I got an idea about making an opening so that Louise can cast her magic."

> The girl puts her hand upon Kogasa and says 'Boop'. Kogasa is surrounded by a small puff of smoke; and then emerges looking like the pink-haired daemon. This surprises Kogasa... but only for a moment, after which she looks at you, Donitia and Louise and asks "Is this surprising?"

> Luci has her hand open approaching you. "Maybe we can distract her using the forms of the other two. Just need to get her to look away long enough for Louise to cast her spell without being noticed."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 20, 2018, 04:35:45 pm
> Whisper from now on unless explicitly stated to do otherwise // So we don't prefix every line with > Whisper
> "Great idea!"
> Can we spread out our darkness so much that it becomes un-noticeable?  The spreading should be instant and unnoticeable too. 
>> If so proceed to do so, as it will give away our disguise
>> If not "Won't my darkness abilities give away my identity?"
> Take Luci's hand
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 20, 2018, 06:42:36 pm
> Whisper from now on unless explicitly stated to do otherwise // So we don't prefix every line with > Whisper
> "Great idea!"
> Can we spread out our darkness so much that it becomes un-noticeable?  The spreading should be instant and unnoticeable too. 
>> If so proceed to do so, as it will give away our disguise
>> If not "Won't my darkness abilities give away my identity?"
> Take Luci's hand

> Almost imperceptible. Makai's general light level helps.

> You let Luci touch you. There is a puff of smoke, and then you feel the same. However you can clearly see your clothing and body look different.

> "Don't speak by the way." Luci says. "My ability only works on appearance, not things like voices. You just wanna distract her for a few seconds, make her think you're backup or something. Maybe get a hit in if you can to cover your retreat. Like you did to scare the other two. That should give Louise enough time."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 20, 2018, 06:59:34 pm
> "We will hit her from behind do we don't show our hiding spot and so she turns around"
> Proceed to go back from our hiding spot and make our way around to the opposite side of the battlefield, make sure to stay hidden in the mean time.  Stop if we can't get around completely without being seen
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 20, 2018, 08:33:40 pm
> "We will hit her from behind do we don't show our hiding spot and so she turns around"
> Proceed to go back from our hiding spot and make our way around to the opposite side of the battlefield, make sure to stay hidden in the mean time.  Stop if we can't get around completely without being seen

> You stop about two-thirds of the way around; since the two male daemons would spot you.

> The yellow-haired daemon casts his rope-like spell around, and the female seems to do nothing to evade it. The blue-haired daemon's fist glows and he launches towards her, but she breaks out of the rope, catches his hand and throws him at the yellow-haired one.

> £Is that all you little things can muster?" she asks, sounding... disappointed.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 20, 2018, 08:42:35 pm
> "It's showtime!  Let's surprise her and after she's stunned let's hide and make our way back.  Try and hit her with danmaku in the head"

> Fly up and spawn six delayed danmaku lasers on the daemon, three in the head, and three in the chest/stomach area, fire them all at once right when the daemon turns to see what's going on.  The three lasers in the head should ideally hit her right in the face and being in Makai's darkness she should be very light sensitive.  Try and hold them active longer than usual so she's stunned enough for Louise to cast her spell

> As the lasers fade quickly hide and start making our way back
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 20, 2018, 10:24:17 pm
> "It's showtime!  Let's surprise her and after she's stunned let's hide and make our way back.  Try and hit her with danmaku in the head"

> Fly up and spawn six delayed danmaku lasers on the daemon, three in the head, and three in the chest/stomach area, fire them all at once right when the daemon turns to see what's going on.  The three lasers in the head should ideally hit her right in the face and being in Makai's darkness she should be very light sensitive.  Try and hold them active longer than usual so she's stunned enough for Louise to cast her spell

> As the lasers fade quickly hide and start making our way back

> You and Kogasa come out of your hiding place. The deamoness looks at you two and laughs for a moment, pointing at the two males.

> "Finish off those traitorous dogs." she starts, before you fire your lasers towards her, and Kogasa launches various danmaku barrages.

> The attacks don't seem to have much of an effect on her. Despite taking three lasers direction to the stomach, which should be quite painful; she dosen't bow over. She does however raise her arms to cover her eyes. This gives you and Kogasa enough to a chance to retreat, and you see magical energy heading from where Louise was into the two males, who look confused.

> The two males chant something unintelligable, and fire a blast of magic that matches their hair colors. They hit the female and explode, like they did on the pink-haired one, but with significantly more power. Enough you feel the force in the air, and the road-like structure gets some cracks in it around the impact point.

> You are about halfway back as the effects of the blast fade and you see an angry-looking daemoness standing there, a wild smirk on her face. She has some bruises, scratches hair out of place and minor clothing damage.

> "I actually felt that one you guys!" she says, before darting up to the yellow daemon, and slashing him with extended nails from her right hand, at the same time sending him flying into the blue-haired one.

> The enemy starts forming a magic circle above her.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 20, 2018, 11:58:22 pm
> Hurry up back to our group, keep an eye on that magic circle
> Could we form a barrier where the two daemons and she is from this distance?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 21, 2018, 12:02:55 am
> Hurry up back to our group, keep an eye on that magic circle
> Could we form a barrier where the two daemons and she is from this distance?

> The magic circle releases energy bolts which start raining down upon the daemons like lighting. Even with Louise's Haste spell, they can hardly evade.

> No, you're not strong or capable enough to do such a thing.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 21, 2018, 12:13:51 am
> Keep going as fast as we can, stop if we see them take any hits

> "If they get hit we might need to do another surprise attack, hopefully the magic circle is like a spell card and makes movement hard, so we should be able to land hits or annoy her enough to cancel the attack"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 21, 2018, 09:14:07 pm
> Keep going as fast as we can, stop if we see them take any hits

> "If they get hit we might need to do another surprise attack, hopefully the magic circle is like a spell card and makes movement hard, so we should be able to land hits or annoy her enough to cancel the attack"

> They are getting clipped, but it's only grazes. So you don't stop.

> You reunited with Donitia, Louise and Luci. Your disguises wear off upon arrival, either that or Luci dispelled them.

> The female releases a larger barrage of energy bolts before she moves her hand away from the magic circle, quickly says something and starts launching fireballs from her hands as the bolts fall down. This is clearly not an attack that would be legal by the spellcard rules; as evasion is clearly impossible. Instead, the two males evade the falling bolts and attempt to block the fireballs. They manage to do so, but are both thrown onto their backs from the impact, the Boss rushing at them.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 21, 2018, 10:36:24 pm
> "That attack is unfair and impossible to avoid!"
> "Kogasa, we're using lethal bullets from now on"
> "Let's help them!"

> Can we use ourselves or other people as projectiles? (Like how Ran and Chen are used in Hisoutensoku)
> Can we charge up an AoE explosion (like Mayina did)
> How much closer do we need to get to form barriers near the daemons
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 22, 2018, 08:54:31 pm
> "That attack is unfair and impossible to avoid!"
> "Kogasa, we're using lethal bullets from now on"
> "Let's help them!"

> Can we use ourselves or other people as projectiles? (Like how Ran and Chen are used in Hisoutensoku)
> Can we charge up an AoE explosion (like Mayina did)
> How much closer do we need to get to form barriers near the daemons

> Kogasa looks a little hesitant, and then looks at the enemy again and nods. "I haven't fought a real battle before..." she says.

> No, you don't have familiars.

> You can... but you doubt such an attack would be safe for you.

> Pretty close. You also doubt your barriers, which are mostly used to divide things [Primarily light and dark] would be much use.

> The daemon notices you and Kogasa, and smiles.

> "Ah, so these are the troublemakers who set you against me. How adorable. I can smell, you're not from Makai. You should have stayed out of this, interference with a daemon's affairs... is deadly. Not that I intend to give you a chance to back out."

> Three Makai fairies suddenly fly in and shoot small streams of bullets at the daemoness.

> You see Donitia glowing with a purple aura and hear her yelling.

> "Get 'em underlings!"

> You can see small numbers of fairies flying in from various directions. The male daemons look baffled while the higher-class daemoness looks excited.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 22, 2018, 09:33:52 pm
> Whisper to Kogasa "There's a first time for everything!"
> Start shooting lethal lasers at her, machine gun style from both hands.  Aim half on the chest and half on the head
> Additionally shoot some aimed kunai when we have the chance
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 23, 2018, 07:11:56 pm
>Murmur to ourself: "Wow, Donnie, you're a genius."

>"Looks like our Calvary is here, Kogasa."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 23, 2018, 10:28:23 pm
//corrected a typo
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 23, 2018, 11:14:37 pm
> Whisper to Kogasa "There's a first time for everything!"
> Start shooting lethal lasers at her, machine gun style from both hands.  Aim half on the chest and half on the head
> Additionally shoot some aimed kunai when we have the chance

> You start fireing, but a focused attack seems to be no good, at least frontal. The female easily evades, and fires a shower of red energy from her right hand towards you and Kogasa.

> Kunai bullets aren't really your thin, but you fire a few. These largely miss or collide with the red blasts, causing them to burst with a decent amount of force.

>Murmur to ourself: "Wow, Donnie, you're a genius."

>"Looks like our Calvary is here, Kogasa."

> The fairy dosen't listen, in fact, she seems quite focused on calling fairies over.

> Kogasa nods but dosen't reply. She starts her spinning-water droplet thing that she used to wash the Pentle, the small water droplets colliding with the red spheres and causing the ones you miss to burst.

> There are currently four fairies in the nearby vicinity fireing simple magical blasts, and you can see at least six more approaching.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 24, 2018, 02:24:53 am
> Fly upwards to avoid the red energy shots
> Fire thick aimed arcs of red bullets, with some bullets in the arc being faster than others.
> After 3 arcs fire 2 thick streams of small aimed yellow bullets, these should aim to miss by a few degrees on either side (so if she evades our primary red arcs she gets hit by these)
> Use only magical bullets from now on unless explicitly stated otherwise
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 28, 2018, 07:46:26 pm
> Fly upwards to avoid the red energy shots
> Fire thick aimed arcs of red bullets, with some bullets in the arc being faster than others.
> After 3 arcs fire 2 thick streams of small aimed yellow bullets, these should aim to miss by a few degrees on either side (so if she evades our primary red arcs she gets hit by these)
> Use only magical bullets from now on unless explicitly stated otherwise

> The daemoness dodges your red shots by far more than enough to evade the yellow ones as well. She's fast, really fast. However, her speed causes her to collide with some of Kogasa's spray. However, this seems to have little effect, with her just powering through, before she skids along the ground, chanting something you can't understand.

> A magical circle forms between her hands, and a barrage of red; arrow-tipped rays fly out of it at various angles, changing direction in the air to strike at the two daemons, Kogasa, yourself and even the fairies. One lesser fairy who was close immediately gets run through, going poof a few moments later, showing this attack is fully intended to kill.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 28, 2018, 08:20:32 pm
>"Everyone, dodge!"
>Dodge. Use Barriers to protect ourselves if we can.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 28, 2018, 10:46:34 pm
>"Everyone, dodge!"
>Dodge. Use Barriers to protect ourselves if we can.

> The two male daemons seem to be slower than you and Kogasa. They either haven't noticed Louise's buff or haven't got used to it. Instead, the yellow-haired one jumps behind the larger, blue daemon... who proceeds to cloak his fist in energy and simply punches the two arrows heading for them, shattering them.

> Kogasa spins at a close moment to dodge.

> The fairies are in general less lucky. Some manage to evade [by seeming accident] and some get poofed. One fairy noticeably seems to take a hit for Donitia, who is still floating there and focusing.

> You manage to evade the shot aimed towards you. It seems the attack only adjusted itself to hit the initial position of the targets.

> For a moment, the confidence in the Deamoness' face falters and she exhales hard, before taking a breath.

> You hear something in your head. It sounds like Luci.

> "You can do some light-magic stuff, right? Those beams? I got an idea. Look behind you when you got a moment."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 28, 2018, 11:59:31 pm
> So the attack only adjust for our initial position make small steps to our left or right (whichever seems more clear, but once we pick a direction don't switch)  and if we ever need graze score we know who to look for...
> Try and figure out what beam Luci is talking about, are there any beams around us?  Our own beams?
> When we have a clear moment turn halfway behind us so we can see Luci but still have an eye on the daemoness
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 29, 2018, 09:53:06 pm
> So the attack only adjust for our initial position make small steps to our left or right (whichever seems more clear, but once we pick a direction don't switch)  and if we ever need graze score we know who to look for...
> Try and figure out what beam Luci is talking about, are there any beams around us?  Our own beams?
> When we have a clear moment turn halfway behind us so we can see Luci but still have an eye on the daemoness

> It seems to come out of the circle; target someone, and has only very light homing after.

> You have a moment to look before you figure it out.

> You see Louise's mirror familiar flying around, the mirror itself glowing and sparkleing a little.

> You turn back around and see the enemy hurling spheres of fire-like energy in arcs, flying upwards and then falling down towards you and the others.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 29, 2018, 10:11:31 pm
> Aha!  If we can hit the mirror while she is focusing on us, she will get hit from behind without expecting it.
> Dodge the fire energy falling from above visually, these are not likely aimed at our position so streaming won't help.
> Louise can see from the mirror familiar, so while dodging discreetly point/wave at it to circle around to the other side when bullets block or obscure the daemoness' view of us.  Don't rush this, focus primarily on dodging and not letting the daemoness figure out what we are about to do.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 29, 2018, 11:06:14 pm
> Aha!  If we can hit the mirror while she is focusing on us, she will get hit from behind without expecting it.
> Dodge the fire energy falling from above visually, these are not likely aimed at our position so streaming won't help.
> Louise can see from the mirror familiar, so while dodging discreetly point/wave at it to circle around to the other side when bullets block or obscure the daemoness' view of us.  Don't rush this, focus primarily on dodging and not letting the daemoness figure out what we are about to do.

> You signal for the mirror to move behind the daemoness. She seems to be too occupied with the battle to pay attention.

> You evade the falling spheres, but they explode on contact with the ground, this forces you into the air, and she seems to be preparing another arrow-attack.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 29, 2018, 11:41:14 pm
> She is between attacks, now is our chance!
> Focus and fire as many powerful lasers as we can on to the mirror to hit her from behind!
> Pretend we were aiming at the daemoness and missed
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 30, 2018, 05:08:49 pm
> She is between attacks, now is our chance!
> Focus and fire as many powerful lasers as we can on to the mirror to hit her from behind!
> Pretend we were aiming at the daemoness and missed

> You launch a Moonlight Ray [Your strongest laster-based attack] with one hand, fireing just over the deamoness' shoulder. This attack itself seems to catch her off-guard, breaking her concentration and causing the sigil forming the arrows to vanish.

> The ray strikes the glass of Louise's mirror; which starts to glow with the same blueish color that Louise's enhancement magic takes. Then it launches out what seems to be a significantly stronger version of your attack.

> The enhanced ray strikes the back of the daemoness, and would have engulfed her. If not for something you did not expect.

> Against the white of the enhanced Moonlight Ray you see the silver-haired daemoness. Her wings seem larger than before, her eyes glowing as she looks angrily at you. Behind her is darkness, warding off the light. She seems to be putting a lot of effort into this defense however, but levels one of her hands towards you, forming a single flame sphere, smaller than the ones before.

> "Rainbow Sign: Over the Rainbow" you hear Kogasa declare, before she swings her parasoul in an arc and a rainbow follows in it's wake, also flying into the mirror.

> The Moonlight Ray suddenly takes on a familiar rainbow color, and you see the darkness barrier shattering before the enemy is engulfed in the rainbow light.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 30, 2018, 05:59:13 pm
> Graze the flame sphere if it didn't get canceled when she got hit
> Fire lasers with our other hand, aiming right at her so she gets hit both from in front and behind (Only do this if we don't need to cancel Moonlight Ray)
> If we can do anything with the border of darkness and light to enhance our lasers do so
> Keep going until Louise or someone else signals us to stop
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 30, 2018, 07:40:17 pm
> Graze the flame sphere if it didn't get canceled when she got hit
> Fire lasers with our other hand, aiming right at her so she gets hit both from in front and behind (Only do this if we don't need to cancel Moonlight Ray)
> If we can do anything with the border of darkness and light to enhance our lasers do so
> Keep going until Louise or someone else signals us to stop

> It seemed to get consumed by the beam.

> It's beyond Moonlight Ray's targeting range to hit the mirror and the daemon at the same time. The spell has to have the two lasers angled separate if you fire it with both hands.

> You could *weaken* your attack with your powers. You don't think that would help.

> The mirror moves out of the way of your attacks, causing the combined, enhanced attack to stop. A figure falls out of the air. A smoldering, twitching figure.

> The two male daemons look at you and Kogasa in horror and fly away, likely intimidated by that last attack.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on December 30, 2018, 07:53:17 pm
>Where is the daemoness now?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 30, 2018, 08:08:35 pm
>Where is the daemoness now?

> On the ground. A few meters away.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 30, 2018, 09:26:31 pm
>Get closer, but remain cautious in case she's still a threat.
>Check if she's alive
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 30, 2018, 09:43:58 pm
> Make a mental note of the direction the two daemons flew off to
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 30, 2018, 11:20:55 pm
>Get closer, but remain cautious in case she's still a threat.
>Check if she's alive

> You approach cautiously. She is moving, but it dosen't seem... controlled.

> You dare not touch in case she is alive, but you hear her breathing. Ragged and weakly, but she's alive.

> Make a mental note of the direction the two daemons flew off to

> They flew away in the direction that you came from, roughly towards the small settlement.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on December 30, 2018, 11:57:42 pm
>"So, what are we going to do with her? I'd rather not kill her if we don't have to..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 31, 2018, 04:13:54 am
> Do we know any sealing/binding magic?
> "Do we have a way to seal or bind her so she is not a threat?  So we can ask about why she was occupying Wonderland and why she was misleading Koas under the false idea of being independent when they really worked for her"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on December 31, 2018, 02:55:14 pm
>"So, what are we going to do with her? I'd rather not kill her if we don't have to..."

> Louise floats over.

> "Makai isn't exactly large on law enforcement." Louise says. "Unless you'd rather risk dragging her all the way to Paradise, and even then we don't have proof. The best thing to do would be to just dump her somewhere. Perhaps she's learnt her lesson."

> Do we know any sealing/binding magic?
> "Do we have a way to seal or bind her so she is not a threat?  So we can ask about why she was occupying Wonderland and why she was misleading Koas under the false idea of being independent when they really worked for her"

> No

> Louise opens her luggage again and pulls out the magical cuffs she used on Mayina before.

> "I wouldn't bet on her waking up anytime soon however." Louise says, putting the cuffs on the daemon. She is in quite a state.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on December 31, 2018, 04:21:29 pm
> "I guess the other two daemons were scared off... I doubt they will be working for someone like her again any time soon"
> "Lets take her somewhere away from Wonderland, hopefully she will wake up on the way there"
> "I doubt any of us want to carry her while shes unconscious, so lets try sliding her on to a barrier"
> Form a simple flat barrier next to her on the ground and lay her on it
> See if we can lift up the barrier with her on it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 01, 2019, 07:35:30 pm
> "I guess the other two daemons were scared off... I doubt they will be working for someone like her again any time soon"
> "Lets take her somewhere away from Wonderland, hopefully she will wake up on the way there"
> "I doubt any of us want to carry her while shes unconscious, so lets try sliding her on to a barrier"
> Form a simple flat barrier next to her on the ground and lay her on it
> See if we can lift up the barrier with her on it

> "They were more likly scared of that last blast." Louise says. "Still; they're probobly scared of getting someone serious after them if they pull something like that."

> You cannot make a barrier strong enough to hold a person. The barrier is mostly to do things like filter out light, not carry physical objects.

> Luci, however reacts to your statement, and chants some words in Makaian. The deamoness glows a faint gold, before she levitates just off the ground.

> "I belive you owe us an explanation anyway, Miss Louise." Luci says.

> Louise looks to the side, and sweats a little. "Uuuu... I did say that didn't I? I suppose it can't be helped. I prefer to keep this hidden but I suppose you're owed the truth."

> Louise lets go of her luggage, and grabs your wrist with one of her hands, and Kogasa's spare wrist with her other one. She moves you hand to the side of her neck, then she moves yours away and puts Kogasa's there.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on January 01, 2019, 08:19:23 pm
>"Huh? What are you doing?"
>Do we feel anything different?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 01, 2019, 08:25:27 pm
>"Huh? What are you doing?"
>Do we feel anything different?

> "Couldn't you tell? You've done it a few times." Louise says; putting your hand to her neck again.

> What you feel that's different when you touch Louise's neck is a distinct lack of a pulse.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on January 01, 2019, 08:42:26 pm
>"I don't feel anything... Is that why you weren't afraid to go after the bandits first?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 01, 2019, 08:51:28 pm
> "Wait, are you ... a g-ghost?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 01, 2019, 08:55:55 pm
>"I don't feel anything... Is that why you weren't afraid to go after the bandits first?"

> "Exactly." Louise says calmly.

> "Wait, are you ... a g-ghost?"

> "The Makai equivalent. I'm a Phantom. Such beings are incredibly rare here. We don't have the convoluted afterlife that your world does. Specifically; I'm a Phantom because of my ability. It was the ability to Live after Death. It triggered when I... well... died. And since I'm already deceased, I don't need to worry about dying again."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 01, 2019, 09:05:20 pm
> "Whoa, did you know about your ability before you became a phantom?"
> "How come you can touch and hold things?  I always imagined ghosts could noclip walk through walls."

> As the Youkai of Darkness can we actually die or as long as there is faith/fear of darkness can we live on?  Or do we not know?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 01, 2019, 09:08:47 pm
// Edit
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 01, 2019, 09:11:58 pm
> "Whoa, did you know about your ability before you became a phantom?"
> "How come you can touch and hold things?  I always imagined ghosts could noclip walk through walls."

> As the Youkai of Darkness can we actually die or as long as there is faith/fear of darkness can we live on?  Or do we not know?

> "No. I was actually asleep when I died." Louise says.

> "You think Phantoms are incapable of touching things? That Mima was a ghost of some kind, and yet she held her stave." Louise says; sounding legitimately perplexed.

> You are not a God, so your life isn't strictly bound to human emotion. That said, you can change in power slightly based on human emotion around you. You get a higher Vigor stat when around humans scared of the dark. [Basically you can fight harder and for a little longer; think Morale/Stamina as well]

> If Youkai lived and died based on the relations of their abilities and humans, you'd be as powerful as Yuuka; if not moreso, as Darkness is a Primal Fear. Kogasa would probobly be a regular umbrella considering her...  'ability' to surprise people.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 01, 2019, 09:40:59 pm
> "That's scary...  the thought of not waking up after going to sleep"
> "What happens to people without your ability in Makai?  Yumeko mentioned something about their soul returning to Makai"
> "If someone really wants to live on, are there other ways to do so?"
> Were we ever afraid of the dark?

> In the mean time start flying out of Wonderland now that we don't have to carry the daemoness
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 01, 2019, 10:26:55 pm
> "That's scary...  the thought of not waking up after going to sleep"
> "What happens to people without your ability in Makai?  Yumeko mentioned something about their soul returning to Makai"
> "If someone really wants to live on, are there other ways to do so?"
> Were we ever afraid of the dark?

> In the mean time start flying out of Wonderland now that we don't have to carry the daemoness

> "Well, it went beyond merely going to sleep and waking up dead." Louise says, a sombre look suddenly filling her eyes. "Try waking up and having everything you knew be destroyed; and then looking down and seeing what remains of your body. I was asleep so I don't know the exact details... but it couldn't have been pretty."

> "If a native of Makai dies; they simply return to Makai and become part of it again. Everything of Makai was ultimately created by Lady Shinki, and it all returns to her." Louise says. "The exception is something that is eradicated, considered unfit to return to the Lady. Those who are not of Makai, we have an extradition deal for their souls. They are returned to their home dimension where they can go to whatever afterlife awaits them. Likewise any beings working a servitude contract in another world; should something befall them; have their spirits returned to Makai. This is why there's not many like me in Makai. I guess you could say I'm a loophole because my ability was specifically to live after death."

> Louise chuckles a little. "Simple, don't die. It may not look like it; but daemons like Mai are thousands and thousands of Aeons old. Age isn't an issue here, for Daemons at least. Most Witches don't care about the passage of time much either. Magic doesn't really age. I'd imagine age might be a thing for other races that aren't almost entirely founded in magic like those however."

> Luci looks to be thinking, then looks like she was going to ask something, but then seemed to decide against it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 01, 2019, 10:54:49 pm
> "That's harder than it sounds...  Here there is rule-less style of fighting, and even in Gensokyo you can have a bad day"
> "I'm not sure how ageing works... I've always been small, shouldn't I have grown to about your size considering I'm much older than I look?"
> "Luci, is something on your mind?"

> Any signs of the daemoness waking up?

> Were we ever afraid of the dark? (From last post)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 01, 2019, 11:42:09 pm
> "That's harder than it sounds...  Here there is rule-less style of fighting, and even in Gensokyo you can have a bad day"
> "I'm not sure how ageing works... I've always been small, shouldn't I have grown to about your size considering I'm much older than I look?"
> "Luci, is something on your mind?"

> Any signs of the daemoness waking up?

> Were we ever afraid of the dark? (From last post)

> Louise shakes her head. "I'm pretty sure I wasn't killed in a fight. Almost everything I knew was lost that night."

> "Don't youkai age very very slowly?" Kogasa asks.

> "Indeed, there was a Youkai sealed in Makai for over 1,000 years in regards to your world, and she did not look like she aged a day, according to the news a while back." Louise adds.

> Luci nods, before she looks at Louise. "I don't mean to pry... but where did you die? I'm pretty sure I'd have seen you around Paradise before if you were from there. You don't dress or act like a Paradise local either, but you seem... well... uh... settled?"

> Louise is quiet for a few moments. "Well, it's simple isn't it? I lived in Vina. No-one survived Vina. I'm not alive. I'm Undead. Whatever happened to Vina, I went to sleep and woke up dead. And so was everyone else. Except they didn't wake up..."

> Louise looks... frustrated more than upset, her hands balled into fists and shaking as she looks down. Wisps of blue are coming off her.

> No sign.

> While you can't see in the dark, you're not scared of it. [It's not like you can see well in the light either anyway] You never were. Youkai don't fear the dark. Everything else does. And it's youkai's jobs to keep it that way~

[OCC: Louise's title and relation have been updated now she's not as much of a mystery and has opened up]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 02, 2019, 12:03:25 am
// Hasn't our relationship with Donita also improved?
> "What happened in Vina was horrible and depressing"
> "Sorry if we stirred painful memories..."
> "We'll help you any way we can, like finding out what happened and who did this"
> "So far we know of two possible explanations, one being an Inquisition was carried out the other being and attack by Lumina"
> "Do you remember anything from before you died?  Like if you knew rumors of something blasphemous?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 02, 2019, 10:56:28 am
// Hasn't our relationship with Donita also improved?
> "What happened in Vina was horrible and depressing"
> "Sorry if we stirred painful memories..."
> "We'll help you any way we can, like finding out what happened and who did this"
> "So far we know of two possible explanations, one being an Inquisition was carried out the other being and attack by Lumina"
> "Do you remember anything from before you died?  Like if you knew rumors of something blasphemous?"

[Not really. She's mostly doing her own thing and is tagging along because she's finding it amusing. She's still unfriendly, her loyalty is to amusement and fun. If she decided it was more fun to attack you she would.

Also she may be a Fairy but even she's not dumb enough to pick a fight with you; Kogasa; Louise and Luci at once. She'd be more likly to leave if bored.]

> "I don't have memories of whatever happened." Louise says. "I just feel responsible. If I wasn't asleep, maybe I could have saved some people with my magic. Or I might have known what happened."

> "While the offer is appreciated, I've been attempting to do that for Aeons, and I haven't found anything." Louise says.

> "While some people say it was Yumeko, I'm unsure. If it was Yumeko, she might have Eradicated me instead of simply killing me. I wouldn't even be a Phantom." Louise says. "Not to mention she surely would have reacted to me being in the Frozen Fields, that event today made me even less sure of Yumeko being responsible. That said, I did see Yumeko leaving Vina shortly after I awoke. She was there. At some point between what happened and me waking. But I can't say for sure why she was there, or even when she arrived."

> "I didn't live in the city proper. I lived in a mansion on the outskirts. The ruins of which are still my home." Louise says. "I hadn't heard of anything happening that was suspicious."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 02, 2019, 01:26:16 pm
> "Well that would make Lumina our primary suspect for now"
> "You didn't have any help until now though"
> "How close are the ruins of Vina from here?  It might be a good place to take her to"  Point at the daemoness
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 02, 2019, 07:28:44 pm
> "Well that would make Lumina our primary suspect for now"
> "You didn't have any help until now though"
> "How close are the ruins of Vina from here?  It might be a good place to take her to"  Point at the daemoness

> "Perhaps; except I'm fairly sure the legends were before my time. I... can't remember. It was so long ago..." Louise says.

> "They are days of travel away." Louise replies. "It's an awful idea to take her there. Not to mention by the time we'd have gone there and back the maisma probobly would have started effecting you through the skin."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 02, 2019, 07:39:19 pm
> "Alright, then lets head back towards the cave where we met Geala (the Mana Crystal Hunter) so we can leave the daemoness there and interrogate her if she wakes up before we get there"
> If everyone agrees start heading in that general direction (and on the way pay attention to any signs of the daemoness waking)
> Are we feeling any effects from the Miasma?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on January 02, 2019, 07:59:31 pm
>How long have we been in Makai so far?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 02, 2019, 10:58:46 pm
> "Alright, then lets head back towards the cave where we met Geala (the Mana Crystal Hunter) so we can leave the daemoness there and interrogate her if she wakes up before we get there"
> If everyone agrees start heading in that general direction (and on the way pay attention to any signs of the daemoness waking)
> Are we feeling any effects from the Miasma?

> No-one objects, so you head back near the settlement and the area cleared by Geala.

> The Daemoness seems to be showing no sign of waking, but is healing gradually.

> No

>How long have we been in Makai so far?

> It is hard to judge the time in a world without a sun. You honestly don't know. Probably several hours, but not a day.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 02, 2019, 11:10:33 pm
> When we get there if she has not woken up shake her shoulder/head.  Try and wake her up
> If she doesn't react:
>> "Some water might wake her up"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 03, 2019, 07:23:37 pm
> When we get there if she has not woken up shake her shoulder/head.  Try and wake her up
> If she doesn't react:
>> "Some water might wake her up"

> She has not awoken upon your arrival.

> You attempt to wake her up. There is a reaction, mostly groaning, but she dosen't seem to wake up.  She dosen't look like a charred mess anymore, although she's still covered in minor injuries and her wings are still in tatters.

> Kogasa responds by spinning her umbrella around and splashing the deamoness in the face, this makes her eyes open, even redder than before due to looking bloodshot, and then she starts spluttering and coughing.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 03, 2019, 08:12:49 pm
> "Sorry about that but you weren't waking up!"
> Wait for her to finish coughing/whatever she needs to do
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 05, 2019, 05:38:18 pm
> "Sorry about that but you weren't waking up!"
> Wait for her to finish coughing/whatever she needs to do

> She splutters a bit more until Kogasa gets the hint and stops.

> "Uuugh... why didn't you just kill me?" she grumbles. "Might be preferable to this pain..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 05, 2019, 06:37:21 pm
>"Killing is frowned upon where my friend and I come from. Besides, I highly doubt you would've wanted to talk if we approached you directly, what with the whole bandit thing and all."
>"What's your name anyway?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 05, 2019, 07:51:27 pm
>"Killing is frowned upon where my friend and I come from. Besides, I highly doubt you would've wanted to talk if we approached you directly, what with the whole bandit thing and all."
>"What's your name anyway?"

> The daemoness scoffs.

> This question seems to catch the female off guard momentarily.

> "I've never been given a name." she says. "Koas are given names, and I only just went up in rank. I never... well... thought of one yet. So yeah; don't have a name. The others just called me Boss."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 05, 2019, 07:54:18 pm
>What does she look like, again?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 05, 2019, 10:14:12 pm
> Were we given our name, did we choose it ourselves or is it something we just always knew?

> "Well you can think of one now and we can just call you Boss until you figure it out"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 05, 2019, 11:33:22 pm
>What does she look like, again?

[I intentionally made her look imposing as a mid-class daemon and as a sort of Boss fight, albeit an optional one. Mid-Class tend to be the most intimidating because they like to show off compared to the Low-Class. The Greater Daemons don't need to look scary to get what they want. Once a Daemon gathers enough strength they quite literally undergo a somewhat controlled metamorphosis. Hence why all Koas look somewhat alike as basic humanoids, maybe with wings and maybe a small tail. Mid-Class Daemons have a lot more variety, and Greaters can be pretty much anything humanoid. [EG: Mai looks angelic]]


> This daemon has silver hair; which darkens and eventually becomes black towards the ends, which are around her hips. She has four wings, each crescent shaped, with the lower pair smaller than the upper. She also has large horns on her head, curling around like a ram's; going from brown to red. Her irises glow red.

> Her arms are long, her hands dangleing by her knees as she stands upright, adorned with long, red-painted nails. She generally looks to be in good physical condition, and would certainly pass for being an attractive woman. She has a long red tail, about 80 cm long. She is wearing a gothic Victorian-style dress; except it's blue.

> Her dress is noticeably battle-damaged, she has several burn marks across her exposed skin, and her wings are somewhat tattered. This is the result of getting hit by a giant rainbow laser that was a combination between you ad Kogasa's attacks; reflected by Louise's Mirror which was enchanted with Enhancement magic. Her Silver hair is also darker than before and frizzier.

> Were we given our name, did we choose it ourselves or is it something we just always knew?

> "Well you can think of one now and we can just call you Boss until you figure it out"

> Instinct. Wriggle asked what your name was [She was the first to ever ask, before then no-one asked in conversation or they were prey so were generally too busy screaming] and it just... popped into your head.

> "Can't just come up with a name on the spot. Names are important in Makai. Call me whatever you want. You're the victor, I don't have a right to complain, even if it wasn't a one-on-one defeat." she says, not making eye contact and looking disgusted.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 05, 2019, 11:59:06 pm
>"Is that so~? You don't even have any names that come to you instinctively? That's how I got my name."
>"Besides, I'd rather not call you something you wouldn't like. And don't feel down about being defeated by us, either. You did put up a good fight."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 06, 2019, 03:45:20 am
//  Mayina seemed tougher than her, I mean we almost gameovered there.  It could just be that we handled this better or have gotten stronger
// Add/Update Quest: Investigate the Ruins of Vina: Interest in investigating the destruction of Vina and finding the culprit has been renewed after learning that Louise is actually from Vina and is also the only "survivor"

> "You likely would have defeated us individually, but I'm certain someone like you understands the value of teamwork, considering you were able to convince several Koas to team up without being their contractor"

> "It's also nice to see someone who accepts their loss and doesn't complain, you'd fit right in where I come from"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 06, 2019, 09:33:11 am
>"Is that so~? You don't even have any names that come to you instinctively? That's how I got my name."
>"Besides, I'd rather not call you something you wouldn't like. And don't feel down about being defeated by us, either. You did put up a good fight."

> "How can you choose a name by instinct?" the female says. "A name defines who you are"

> "If I minded being called Boss I would have stopped those four from doing so." she says.

//  Mayina seemed tougher than her, I mean we almost gameovered there.  It could just be that we handled this better or have gotten stronger
// Add/Update Quest: Investigate the Ruins of Vina: Interest in investigating the destruction of Vina and finding the culprit has been renewed after learning that Louise is actually from Vina and is also the only "survivor"

> "You likely would have defeated us individually, but I'm certain someone like you understands the value of teamwork, considering you were able to convince several Koas to team up without being their contractor"

> "It's also nice to see someone who accepts their loss and doesn't complain, you'd fit right in where I come from"

[Well; you were buffed by Louise. Also Mayina wasn't a tougher fight, it was the part where he was explodeing that was the trouble.

The subtext of the 'Investigate Vina' quest updates. The quest itself dosen't since it's still the same quest]

> "Well I can't be everywhere, and it's not too hard for a Chu like me to scare some Koas into doing what I want. Some dogsbodies to look for anything  useful."

> You are not too sure about that second statement as you say it. Your head fills with Cirno and even Mystia's stubbornness.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 06, 2019, 09:46:58 am
>"I don't know. All I remember is that the youkai that would become one of my closest friends asked me what my name was, and 'Rumia' just sorta... popped into my head. I don't know why, but it just felt right to me."

>"Chu, huh? So that's what your class is called?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 06, 2019, 07:09:35 pm
>"I don't know. All I remember is that the youkai that would become one of my closest friends asked me what my name was, and 'Rumia' just sorta... popped into my head. I don't know why, but it just felt right to me."

>"Chu, huh? So that's what your class is called?"

> "Yeah; Middle-Class daemons are called Chus." the female says in an unimpressed tone.

[Chu is short for Chūkan; which means Middle.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 06, 2019, 08:06:00 pm
> "So Boss, what were you doing out here occupying Wonderland?  You said you had scared some Koas into being minions, but what were your goals?  You said you were looking for anything "useful""
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 06, 2019, 08:50:15 pm
>Try to come up with a name for her, it feels awkward calling her boss...
>Brainstorm.
>Don't tell her yet if we come up with anything.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 06, 2019, 11:35:35 pm
> "So Boss, what were you doing out here occupying Wonderland?  You said you had scared some Koas into being minions, but what were your goals?  You said you were looking for anything "useful""

> "Strength." she says simply. "Anything to get stronger. There's all sorts of things that could help with that. Anything infused with magic. Maybe raise some havoc for fun. I was bored mostly."

>Try to come up with a name for her, it feels awkward calling her boss...
>Brainstorm.
>Don't tell her yet if we come up with anything.

> You make a storm in your brain.

[If you want to name her, name her. You're Rumia's brain for all intents and purposes.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 07, 2019, 04:05:17 am
>"Hmm... it actually feels kinda awkward to call you Boss when we're not your subordinates... Would you mind if I gave you a name? You don't have to keep it, but it would be nice to call you something at least for the duration of this conversation."

//Leaning towards Miyako (translates to "Beautiful night child"). What do you think, Tom?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 07, 2019, 04:11:03 am
// I like the name
> "Also we do appreciate your honesty as we too want to get stronger.  However occupying Wonderland and stealing magical artifacts isn't the way to go about this ... unless you want people like us beating you up."
> Frown as we say the last part and hold up the chain
> "I'm sure you can find ways to get stronger while being more productive and without a magical contract"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 08, 2019, 08:13:14 pm
>"Hmm... it actually feels kinda awkward to call you Boss when we're not your subordinates... Would you mind if I gave you a name? You don't have to keep it, but it would be nice to call you something at least for the duration of this conversation."

//Leaning towards Miyako (translates to "Beautiful night child"). What do you think, Tom?

> "I already said I don't have any right to complain as the loser." she says in an annoyed tone.

// I like the name
> "Also we do appreciate your honesty as we too want to get stronger.  However occupying Wonderland and stealing magical artifacts isn't the way to go about this ... unless you want people like us beating you up."
> Frown as we say the last part and hold up the chain
> "I'm sure you can find ways to get stronger while being more productive and without a magical contract"

> "I could go around killing people and absorbing their magical essence." she says. "And I'm not sure you have such high ground winning in a six-on-one fight."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 08, 2019, 08:21:32 pm
>"Hmm... How does Miyako sound? It rolls off the tongue well and it seems to fit you."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 08, 2019, 09:19:55 pm
> "You sure could!  However we're the ones that spared you, if you had lost to someone else you might not have been so lucky.  Additionally, based on your own logic your body, soul and magical essence now belongs to us... so be careful what you say about us"
> Drool a little as we say the last part, lets give her a hint of what our diet used to be
> Make our cheery childish face and say
> "But we're nice, so we will let ya live!  As the winners to let you live we just ask that you find other ways to get stronger like research spells and help others, in return they might teach you something!  Just don't break these conditions or else!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 08, 2019, 09:35:32 pm
>"Hmm... How does Miyako sound? It rolls off the tongue well and it seems to fit you."

> She shrugs. "Could be worse."

> "You sure could!  However we're the ones that spared you, if you had lost to someone else you might not have been so lucky.  Additionally, based on your own logic your body, soul and magical essence now belongs to us... so be careful what you say about us"
> Drool a little as we say the last part, lets give her a hint of what our diet used to be
> Make our cheery childish face and say
> "But we're nice, so we will let ya live!  As the winners to let you live we just ask that you find other ways to get stronger like research spells and help others, in return they might teach you something!  Just don't break these conditions or else!"

> "Yes, I'm sure you could eat me, Bowl-head. You can't even breathe the Maisma. Let alone take in the magical essence of a daemon."

> "Never was very good at learning... and why help others who get more than yourself?"

> Miyako's tail starts to move, flicking around at her side instead of resting on the ground.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 08, 2019, 10:51:45 pm
> Back off of her, take a few steps back, enough so she can't reach us in any way (tail included), do this in a carefree way so it looks natural and not like were trying to avoid her
> Examine chains, any ways she could attack us?

> "Haha I'm not that good at learning either... maybe you can try finding Mana Crystals and absorbing their power?  They spawn naturally in the ground so there must be a lot of them out there"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 08, 2019, 11:45:53 pm
> Back off of her, take a few steps back, enough so she can't reach us in any way (tail included), do this in a carefree way so it looks natural and not like were trying to avoid her
> Examine chains, any ways she could attack us?

> "Haha I'm not that good at learning either... maybe you can try finding Mana Crystals and absorbing their power?  They spawn naturally in the ground so there must be a lot of them out there"

> You back off a little.

> She shouldn't be able to attack you with her arms or magic. Legs perhaps.

> "My magic isn't suited for excavation. It's more... explosive."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 09, 2019, 12:10:54 am
>"I mean, people can use explosives for digging..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 09, 2019, 12:24:34 am
> "Explosions are surprisingly effective against rock!  In fact that's how the crater we are in right now was formed.  With practice I'm sure you will be great at it, and it can also be an interesting attack, like breaking the floor underneath your enemies or hitting them with debris from nearby explosions"

> Examine tail and ponder what she could be doing
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 09, 2019, 06:08:04 pm
>"I mean, people can use explosives for digging..."

> "Not the type of explosions I use."

> "Explosions are surprisingly effective against rock!  In fact that's how the crater we are in right now was formed.  With practice I'm sure you will be great at it, and it can also be an interesting attack, like breaking the floor underneath your enemies or hitting them with debris from nearby explosions"

> Examine tail and ponder what she could be doing

> "I know exactly how this was formed. Magic specialized to destroy certain minerals, and leave other minerals alone. If I had any talent for that kind of finesse I'd be doing what my younger sister does..."

> The tail is just wiggling around. You don't have a tail, so you don't really know.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 09, 2019, 06:24:15 pm
>"Your have a sister? She wouldn't happen to go by the name Geala would she? "
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 09, 2019, 06:41:55 pm
> "What *are* the type of explosions you use?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 09, 2019, 08:13:30 pm
>"Your have a sister? She wouldn't happen to go by the name Geala would she? "

> "Only if she started serving someone and they gave her that name. It's one advantage to Koas being given names, it's hard for people to hold a grudge and track them down if their names keep changing."

> "What *are* the type of explosions you use?"

> "The type that don't discriminate between worthless dirt and useful minerals."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 09, 2019, 08:21:30 pm
>"Well Geala looks like..."
>Describe Geala
>"...does it seem familiar to you at all?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 09, 2019, 08:53:41 pm
>"Well Geala looks like..."
>Describe Geala
>"...does it seem familiar to you at all?"

> "It might be her. There's a lot of Koas. Haven't seen her in a while. How do you know this girl?" she asked, "And what sort of things did she do?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 09, 2019, 09:11:08 pm
>This is the same spot we met Geala, right?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 09, 2019, 10:09:58 pm
// Yep should be, I requested we come here earlier after we defeated Miyako
> "We met her earlier, she said she was looking for Mana Crystals and we wanted to help her but she wouldn't trust us"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 09, 2019, 10:56:31 pm
>"This is the spot we met her, actually. We were taking shelter from a storm."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 10, 2019, 07:23:12 pm
// Yep should be, I requested we come here earlier after we defeated Miyako
> "We met her earlier, she said she was looking for Mana Crystals and we wanted to help her but she wouldn't trust us"

>"This is the spot we met her, actually. We were taking shelter from a storm."

> "Well; that increases the odds that it was her. She always had a lot more finesse than me. Less power. But more control."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 10, 2019, 08:58:38 pm
> "Well control can certainly be improved with focus and practice"
> Focus and hold our finger out and form a ring shaped barrier on top of it and rotate it around its vertical axis so it appears to be spinning on our finger
> "She didn't seem to really strong and she could use protection.  As her big sister you should help her, maybe in return she could show you how she controls her power so well"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 11, 2019, 05:58:29 pm
> "Well control can certainly be improved with focus and practice"
> Focus and hold our finger out and form a ring shaped barrier on top of it and rotate it around its vertical axis so it appears to be spinning on our finger
> "She didn't seem to really strong and she could use protection.  As her big sister you should help her, maybe in return she could show you how she controls her power so well"

> "Whenever I practise my magic it gets more unstable and chaotic." the female says.

> "Hey, guys..." you hear Kogasa saying after you've finished speaking.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 11, 2019, 07:17:13 pm
>"What is it, kogasa?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 11, 2019, 07:33:21 pm
> "Your little sister figured it out, I bet she could teach you how if you work together"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 11, 2019, 10:25:06 pm
>"What is it, kogasa?"

> "I think it's that pink-haired girl we saw here from earlier." Kogasa says. "She's carrying a bag."

> "Your little sister figured it out, I bet she could teach you how if you work together"

> "Different people have different talents. We manifest different abilities from the Maisma. Even the most powerful daemons are usually incredibly specialized and excel at only a single type of magic."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 11, 2019, 10:40:12 pm
>"Should we flag her down? Or is she coming here?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 11, 2019, 10:42:12 pm
>"Should we flag her down? Or is she coming here?"

> "I think she's flying towards Paradise." Kogasa says.

> "Perhaps she found something and is returning to her Master, judgeing from the bag she's carrying." Luci comments.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 11, 2019, 10:48:18 pm
> Shoot two harmless (purely visual) lasers towards her, aim to miss one by 10 degrees under her and the other 10 degrees over her.  Wave when she turns around to see where the shots came from
> "That should get her attention"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 11, 2019, 10:52:18 pm
>Recall if Geala ever mentioned having a master when we met her.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 11, 2019, 11:03:14 pm
> Shoot two harmless (purely visual) lasers towards her, aim to miss one by 10 degrees under her and the other 10 degrees over her.  Wave when she turns around to see where the shots came from
> "That should get her attention"

> The daemon stops; clearly surprised and looks around wildly [Lasers move fast after all; she has to check both directions.]

> She looks at the cave, and spots you. She seems confused.

>Recall if Geala ever mentioned having a master when we met her.

> Not directly; but she did say she was named based on her abilities; and given what Mayina said about names just afterwards and what the other daemons have said about names, you imagine she must have a master.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 11, 2019, 11:37:53 pm
>Wave hi again.
>Beckon her over.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 12, 2019, 12:10:41 am
>Wave hi again.
>Beckon her over.

> She flies over, puffing out her cheeks and looking irate.

> "What sort of idiot shoots at someone to get their attention?" she pouts. It's indeed Geala. "Is that normal where you come from Bowlhead?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 12, 2019, 12:14:47 am
>"Hi Geala. Don't worry, those lasers were purely visual, their intent wasn't to damage. Anyway, sorry about that, you seemed too far away to call out to."

>"Anyway, you wouldn't happen to have an older sister, would you?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 12, 2019, 11:17:29 pm
>"Hi Geala. Don't worry, those lasers were purely visual, their intent wasn't to damage. Anyway, sorry about that, you seemed too far away to call out to."

>"Anyway, you wouldn't happen to have an older sister, would you?"

> "Well yeah, I got an older Sister." Geala says in a simple tone. "Why does that matter? And why is there a Chu behind you?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 12, 2019, 11:40:35 pm
> "Well we think that's her, she said she recently got stronger and became a Chu"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 12, 2019, 11:44:21 pm
>"She was the leader of the bandits in wonderland. When we were discussing other things she could be doing with her life, she mentioned having a younger sister who mined mana crystals who she hasn't seen in a while. We're wondering if said sister is you. "
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 12, 2019, 11:50:23 pm
> "Well we think that's her, she said she recently got stronger and became a Chu"

> "Well I wouldn't be able to recognize her if that happened." Geala says in a somewhat haughty way.

> The other female deamon is being quiet.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 12, 2019, 11:59:10 pm
// mine was skipped
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 13, 2019, 01:03:27 am
(Perform after Evil_Nazgul0616's skipped actions)

> "She knows destructive magic but more chaotic than yours"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 13, 2019, 06:27:42 pm
// mine was skipped

[Not sure why I didn't get a notification about it when I tried to post. It certainly wasn't there beforehand. Strange.]

>"She was the leader of the bandits in wonderland. When we were discussing other things she could be doing with her life, she mentioned having a younger sister who mined mana crystals who she hasn't seen in a while. We're wondering if said sister is you. "

> Geala looks taken aback.

> "Wait; you went to the Wonderland? You Otherworlders are crazy! I told you not to go there! But if she was leading those bandits... yeah, that's probobly my Sis."

> "Funny isn't it Sis." the other daemon says. "I recognize you yet you don't recognize me. I told you nothing would come from slaving away for that Magician."

(Perform after Evil_Nazgul0616's skipped actions)

> "She knows destructive magic but more chaotic than yours"

> "Well yeah, she never bothered to try and control her power, she just always wanted more power."

> The older sister stands up; her hands still cuffed behind her back, with a smile.

> "You know, it's pretty obvious you've found something in that bag Sis. What do you say you don't give that to your Master and we split it between us?"

> "But the contract..."

> "With a crystal like that? You'll be fine."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 13, 2019, 08:48:34 pm
> Yess! They are working together

> Smile and correct the daemoness: "If you work together and protect her, she will be fine"
> "How about from now on you work for eachother instead of working for a master"
> "As sisters and not as superior and inferior"
> "Geala can focus on mining crystals without having to worry about being attacked, and you can enhance your attacks with crystals.  As a team you each can focus on what you do best"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 13, 2019, 10:03:51 pm
> Yess! They are working together

> Smile and correct the daemoness: "If you work together and protect her, she will be fine"
> "How about from now on you work for eachother instead of working for a master"
> "As sisters and not as superior and inferior"
> "Geala can focus on mining crystals without having to worry about being attacked, and you can enhance your attacks with crystals.  As a team you each can focus on what you do best"

> The two daemons listen to you, looking at each other, as if waiting for the others to make a move.

> "That would be an idealist's solution, Bowl-Head." Geala says, "However I wish to talk to her first. Can't really rush in trusting a Bandit after all."

> "Hey Sis..." Geala says, pulling a yellow crystal that does look similar to the Pentle you disguised, but a little larger, out of her bag.

> The elder daemon's eyes glitter looking at it. "Yes..."

> "If half the crystal is enough to make me not have to worry about breaking the contract... what would the whole thing do? I mean, you must be able to tell this one is pretty high quality if you're so sure half it's energy is enough for that. I was never very good at appraisal."

> The other daemon continues to have a poker face.

> "Either you're telling the truth and I don't need you, or you're lying and therefor there's no point giving the crystal to you. Which is it Sis?" Geala says with an evil smile.

> The other daemon looks to be seething with rage at her sister saying this.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 13, 2019, 10:16:49 pm
> "You might not need her against your master but I'm certain there are others you cannot handle alone even with the crystal"
> "If the crystal is indeed that strong I'm sure there will be many after it so you'll need all the help you can get"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 13, 2019, 10:29:14 pm
> "You might not need her against your master but I'm certain there are others you cannot handle alone even with the crystal"
> "And if the crystal is indeed that strong I'm sure there will be many after it so you'll need all the help you can get"

> "Others after it? That's impossible after I've used it." Geala says. "And I wouldn't need her, I can just keep looking for more... growing in power until I'm at the top!"

> "Daemons can eat Crystals to gain power." Louise explains. "They can use them for a temporary tremendous surge in power, or a permanent increase. Those crystals are essentially condensed Maisma after all."

> "It's a risk isn't it?" Luci says. "If you're still weaker than your master after you eat that Crystal, what do you think will happen to you? The punishment for actively trying to betray your Master in such a fashion... I cannot imagine it would be pleasant."

> The older sister takes a step towards the younger, her tail coming up over her shoulder.

> "You could try and eat it. I could kill you before you succeed however, even with my hands behind my back. Know your place, Koa." the elder daemon threatens. "The Otherworlders may not understand, but family is good for nothing in Makai."

> A flash of... anger flickers in Luci's eyes hearing this. For the briefest of moments, there is an incredible feeling. Enough to make your heart skip a beat.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 13, 2019, 10:54:06 pm
> Grab Geala and pull her back from the elder daemon, enough so she can't reach her with her tail
> Keep an eye on the crystal is it in an easy-to-reach position?
> "Why do you say that about Makai?  I hear Shinki treats the residents of Makai very kindly, like family"

> Have Geala move further back if she advances more towards her
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 13, 2019, 10:56:12 pm
// edit (Keep an eye on the crystal is it in an easy-to-reach position?)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 13, 2019, 11:03:22 pm
> Grab Geala and pull her back from the elder daemon, enough so she can't reach her with her tail
> Keep an eye on the crystal is it in an easy-to-reach position?
> "Why do you say that about Makai?  I hear Shinki treats the residents of Makai very kindly, like family"

> Have Geala move further back if she advances more towards her

> You pull Geala back, she however throws you off, but dosen't advance back to her prior position.

> "Shinki? You mean that so-called Goddess who sits in her castle and does nothing? She probobly doesn't even exist... she's just a myth used to make all those in Paradise behave."

> Louise steps forward, and slaps the daemon across the face. "How dare you speak of Lady Shinki like that." Louise says, before the tail swishes through the air and stabs through her neck. Of course, this does nothing except cause the daemon to look... surprised.

> "What sort of things are you?" she asks. "Otherworlders and whatever you are and a fairy and a kid..."

> "Do you see why I wouldn't want to work with her? She's a violent, selfish being who thinks of nothing but herself." Geala says. "How many did she make suffer to achieve her transformation I wonder."

> The crystal is still in Geala's hand.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 13, 2019, 11:20:13 pm
> "Then who created Makai and the energy you yourselves are made out of?  I'm sure it didn't randomly "pop" in to existence"
> Take an intimidating pose
> "I suggest change your ideals before Yumeko finds out you are being ... blasphemous"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 13, 2019, 11:29:37 pm
//is this an accurate representation of how blasphemy and heresy is treated in Makai? (https://youtu.be/IEGo41443iI)

>"Yumeko is pretty serious about that stuff..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 13, 2019, 11:32:54 pm
> "Then who created Makai and the energy you yourselves are made out of?  I'm sure it didn't randomly "pop" in to existence"
> Take an intimidating pose
> "I suggest change your ideals before Yumeko finds out you are being ... blasphemous"

//is this an accurate representation of how blasphemy and heresy is treated in Makai? (https://youtu.be/IEGo41443iI)

>"Yumeko is pretty serious about that stuff..."

> "Dunno. Who created your world?"

> "I'm sure the great Yumeko has better things to do than chase bandits. If she's even as great as rumors say."

> "Then what was the girl who created that Wonderland you took residence in?" Kogasa asks.

> "A skilled mage. Nothing special."

It's pretty much how Yumeko treats it. Most are far less serious. And you kinda have a right to be mad when people are saying your mother dosen't exist.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 13, 2019, 11:41:34 pm
> "I know a shrine maiden that maintains our world"

> "And how did that skilled mage come to be?"

> "Also I wouldn't be so sure about Yumeko ignoring this..."
> "I already have to punish a heretic Koa with something far worse than Elimination, I hope you don't intend on joining..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 14, 2019, 07:55:30 pm
> "I know a shrine maiden that maintains our world"

> "And how did that skilled mage come to be?"

> "Also I wouldn't be so sure about Yumeko ignoring this..."
> "I already have to punish a heretic Koa with something far worse than Elimination, I hope you don't intend on joining..."

> "A Shrine Maiden? What a flimsy lynchpin." the elder sister says.

> "When a Mommy Mage and a Daddy Mage love each other very much..." the elder says before Louise slaps her again before she can keep with her mocking tone.

> "You get to punish someone? What a high and mighty Otherworlder you must be!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 14, 2019, 08:04:07 pm
>"She's not flimsy. She's actually pretty scary..."

>"And I'm not really high an mighty. Yumeko was just going to eradicate him, so I offered an alternative."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 14, 2019, 08:47:38 pm
After Evil_Nazgul0616's first action:
> "I hear she has even defeated gods"

Change the second part to:
> "And I'm not someone special in Makai, I just offer something far worse than Eradication"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 14, 2019, 09:49:50 pm
>"She's not flimsy. She's actually pretty scary..."

>"And I'm not really high an mighty. Yumeko was just going to eradicate him, so I offered an alternative."

After Evil_Nazgul0616's first action:
> "I hear she has even defeated gods"

Change the second part to:
> "And I'm not someone special in Makai, I just offer something far worse than Eradication"

> "Pathetic Gods then." Or perhaps they are not even Gods at all."

> "Yeah, you're no-one special in Makai. You're just a bowl-head who dosen't even understand the world they are dealing with. Why are you even meddleing in our affairs?" the daemon asks; leaning towards you.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 14, 2019, 10:36:08 pm
> Step back a little more
> "Because blasphemous daemons like you started meddling in our affairs.  That Koa was sent to our world while performing some blasphemous task involving our world.  Others have been trying to get to our world too, completely ignoring the Spell Card Rules and attacking us"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 14, 2019, 10:47:13 pm
> Step back a little more
> "Because blasphemous daemons like you started meddling in our affairs.  That Koa was sent to our world while performing some blasphemous task involving our world.  Others have been trying to get to our world too, completely ignoring the Spell Card Rules and attacking us"

> You step back.

> "Hmm? I've not been meddling in affairs of anyone in other dimensions. You're the one meddling in my affairs. And I couldn't give a hoot about your rules and regulations. I doubt many daemons would to be honest."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 14, 2019, 11:25:40 pm
> "Well you were occupying Wonderland and the mage that created it lives in my world"
> "And back to the point, we don't want you occupying Wonderland again"

> Is it possible to speak to Louise in private outside or would it be risky to leave her unattended?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 14, 2019, 11:28:03 pm
//I hope kogasa remembers her promise to Alice
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 14, 2019, 11:46:30 pm
> "Well you were occupying Wonderland and the mage that created it lives in my world"
> "And back to the point, we don't want you occupying Wonderland again"

> Is it possible to speak to Louise in private outside or would it be risky to leave her unattended?

> Halfway through your first sentence, Kogasa moves quickly and covers your mouth with her tongue, before going 'shhhhh'. It seems she dosen't want you doing that.

> "Whatever, if a bunch like you could drive me out of it, it's not worth being a base."

> There is Kogasa and Luci. Donitia seems to be flying around outside, playing with the surviving fairies, but you doubt she's listening to you.

//I hope kogasa remembers her promise to Alice

// She didn't strictly make a promise, but she remembers Alice didn't want her whereabouts known to the daemons.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 15, 2019, 12:00:38 am
// Rumia didn't know about the promise so its only natural she'd say that

> "I guess as long as Wonderland is clear we can all go our separate ways"

> Walk outside and motion Louise to follow
> Once outside whisper "I don't want her to attack us when we release her, can you put her to sleep or knock her out?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 15, 2019, 12:30:39 am
>"You shouldn't really reject your sister, by the way. The two of you have a bond that nobody else will have, and that's your family..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 15, 2019, 01:47:29 am
> "... a bond I never had and likely never will ..."
> Be disappointed as we say this
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 15, 2019, 08:41:08 pm
// Rumia didn't know about the promise so its only natural she'd say that

> "I guess as long as Wonderland is clear we can all go our separate ways

>"You shouldn't really reject your sister, by the way. The two of you have a bond that nobody else will have, and that's your family..."

> "... a bond I never had and likely never will ..."
> Be disappointed as we say this

> "I don't get why the place is important to you, but whatever. I lost. I can give my word at least as the terms of my defeat."

> "All daemons are technically related. We all originate from the Maisma." Geala states.

> "You're a Darkness Youkai, dosen't that mean a Light Youkai or something would be your sister?" Kogasa asks, before thinking. "If another Umbrella made by the same person came to life... would that be my sister? Or Brother? Even if it wasn't an eggplant-like one? Is the person who made me my mother or father, or the person who forgot about me and left me? Or would something else the same person forgot be my family? Or something else made by the same person?"

> Kogasa uses her free hand to rub her hair in frustration. "Uuuu, Families are surprisingly confusing!"

> You leave Kogasa to her pondering for the moment and fly out of the cave with Louise.

> "Sleep is Malediction, I'm awful at that as it's the opposite of Enhancement, and I'm not good with raw power. It's probobly best to knock her out yourself or get Luci or Kogasa to." Louise says with a noticeable rasp i her voice due to the regenerating hole in her throat.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 15, 2019, 09:22:06 pm
// Louise said she specializes in enchantments *and* curses, aren't curses Malediction?
> "I should probobly say that I specialize in Enchantments and Curses. Pretty rare in Makai, most go for direct combat magic and animation."

> Wave for Luci to come outside
> Whisper "I'm worried that she might attack us when we release her but don't want to be mean and knock her out, could you put her to sleep?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 15, 2019, 11:36:25 pm
// Louise said she specializes in enchantments *and* curses, aren't curses Malediction?
> Wave for Luci to come outside
> Whisper "I'm worried that she might attack us when we release her but don't want to be mean and knock her out, could you put her to sleep?"

// Got Louise's powers mixed with Byakuren then for a moment. my bad. Louise does debuffs. In an RP sense, she manipulates stat numbers. She makes you stronger, fast, more durable, increases your stamina... and she can reduce the enemy's. If you had to put her as a Final Fantasy class, she'd be a Time Mage. Indeed, her trademark spells are Haste and Slow. That said; she probobly could cast Sleep, it's just not her expertise. Also kinda hard to cast spells with a hole in your throat.

> Luci comes outside.

> "I'm not sure if I should get involved in that sort of way... but..."

> The is a loud noise from the cave. You see a surprised Kogasa having knocked out the larger daemon; shaking with her umbrella almost entiely upside-down, the thing clearly having been swung so the geta on the bottom was used as a bludgeon.

> "She jumped at Geala!" Kogasa yells. "I paniced!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 15, 2019, 11:50:13 pm
> "Ahh, excellent timing!  I wanted to incapacitate her anyways so we can release her, though I was trying to think of a less mean way to do it"

> Let Louise remove the chains

> "Well Geala I'm sorry I couldn't convince your sister to help you.  I still believe that deep down she has the potential to be good..."

> With that, lets part ways and head back to the Makai passage
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 16, 2019, 08:38:22 am
>"Are you hurt at all? You did just use yourself as a club, so I want to make sure you're okay..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 16, 2019, 06:36:31 pm
> "Ahh, excellent timing!  I wanted to incapacitate her anyways so we can release her, though I was trying to think of a less mean way to do it"

> Let Louise remove the chains

> "Well Geala I'm sorry I couldn't convince your sister to help you.  I still believe that deep down she has the potential to be good..."

> With that, lets part ways and head back to the Makai passage

> Kogasa looks proud of herself as Louise unchains the daemon.

> "I didn't want her helping me in the first place." the younger daemon says. "I mean it's cool you stopped her mugging people but that dosen't make her my issue."

> Your group starts to leave the cave. Donitia seems to be unaware or uninterested in this and continues playing with the other fairies.

>"Are you hurt at all? You did just use yourself as a club, so I want to make sure you're okay..."

> "I'm alright." Kogasa says. "I have a shoe on!"

> "I should probobly start heading home." Louise says afterwards. "Everything that's happened the last few days is quite a lot of activity for someone who's not done much for a few aeons. It's not that far to the portal back regardless"

> "I'll still go with you guys." Luci says. "I wanna see a dimensional portal. Never seen one before. I know I'm not allowed to use it but I wanna see it."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 16, 2019, 06:55:49 pm
> "Donita, you coming?"
> Head back to the portal and look around for Mayina
> "Well now there's theres the issue of Mayina's punishment, how do you think we can get him to comply until I'm strong enough for him to accept to be my familiar?"
> Do we feel like we have gotten any stronger?
> "I can't have him wandering off and sneaking in to Makai..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 17, 2019, 12:18:18 am
> "Donita, you coming?"
> Head back to the portal and look around for Mayina
> "Well now there's theres the issue of Mayina's punishment, how do you think we can get him to comply until I'm strong enough for him to accept to be my familiar?"
> Do we feel like we have gotten any stronger?
> "I can't have him wandering off and sneaking in to Makai..."

> The fairy seemingly ignores you, she's too busy playing.

--

> You arrive at the dimensional portal, along with Kogasa and Luci; who has been quiet during the flight. Mayina is still encased in ice, floating in front of the portal.

> "He'll just run out of power again, right?" Kogasa says. "We'll just have to keep an eye on him until then."

> You feel no stronger.

> "Can you two spare a few minutes?" Luci's voice says from behind you, before you feel that same, overwhelming power you felt back when the daemon bemoaned family. A surge of energy so powerful your heart skips a beat. But then, after that split moment of terror, while you still feel an overwhelming presence, it is warm and welcoming. It dosen't feel terrifying.

> "Now that there's only Gensokyians, I can make use of a loophole in the rules." a different voice says. The voice itself evokes an emotion... you haven't felt before. A mixture of calm, relaxation and warmth.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 17, 2019, 12:33:11 am
> "T-That feeling..."
> A loophole in the rules ... no interference, could it be?
> "... L-Lady Shinki?"

> Focus a bit more on the emotion the voice evokes
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 17, 2019, 04:41:34 pm
//Aw, I had some last words I wanted to say to Donnie but email decided to not notify me of updates to this quest  :V
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 17, 2019, 05:26:03 pm
> "T-That feeling..."
> A loophole in the rules ... no interference, could it be?
> "... L-Lady Shinki?"

> Focus a bit more on the emotion the voice evokes

> You are magically turned around to actually look towards the source of the energy when you ask. As is Kogasa.

> A being similar, although not identical, to the picture that Louise showed from her book stands before you. There are noticeable similarities to Luci as well. The dress is red, although far more ornate. The Cherry-like hair-tie, although now only holding a single side-ponytail. Her overall appearance is like that of an adult version of Luci.

(https://safebooru.org//images/512/358a2697213b392c28c95b4fae94263f9081ec15.png?514296)
> Shinki
> God-Mother of the Magic Dimension

> "Now now, no need for formalities. I may be a Goddess but I'm not your Goddess. I must apologize for deceiving you, but after you stood up to Yumeko I simply had to watch what else you'd do, but me going around Paradise in this form would likely cause mayhem. Makai hasn't had visitors from Gensokyo for several of your years. Honestly, upon your arrival given the ongoing issues I feared a repeat of last time."

> The feeling... is almost indescribable. It's a mixture of awe, powerlessness, and warmth. And some strange desire for a hug. It's... pure.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 17, 2019, 05:36:18 pm
>Bow.
>"I-It's an honor to meet you."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 17, 2019, 07:08:52 pm
> "I've heard the previous visitors were aggressive, so it's understandable to want to watch us.  You're protecting your world and residents after all"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 17, 2019, 07:28:47 pm
>Bow.
>"I-It's an honor to meet you."

> "I just said not to bother with formalities..." Shinki says looking a little blush.

> "I've heard the previous visitors were aggressive, so it's understandable to want to watch us.  You're protecting your world and residents after all"

> "Aggressive may have been an understatement. Those four. They were rude enough to not even introduce themselves to me."

> Shinki shakes her head a few times, before she looks back to you.

> "Regardless, I figured I would give you both something from Makai. A little gift to thank you." Shinki stated with a small smile; before she lifted a single finger, that glowed softly, and tapped the shoe on the bottom of Kogasa's umbrella.

> It shone red, and then changed into a fancy-looking red shoe. The shoes Kogasa's bodywas wearing changed to match.

> "That rainbow attack reminded me of a story I've been told." Shinki explained.. "So I thought I'd give you red shoes like the heroine of that story."

> Kogasa made a motion to look at the shoes that would have been outright bizzare to anyone who didn't know how her vision worked. She flipped her umbrella upside down and pointed the eye at her human self's feet, and then flipped it back over.

> "I don't get it, but they look nice." Kogasa says.

> The Goddess looks at you for a few moments, specifically at the ribbon upon your head.

> "How cruel." she says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 17, 2019, 07:33:26 pm
>"Huh? What do you mean?"
>"Are you looking at my ribbon?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 17, 2019, 07:42:55 pm
>"Huh? What do you mean?"
>"Are you looking at my ribbon?"

> "Ribbon? That's what you call that cruel implement? Whoever fashioned such a thing has a twisted sense of both humor and fashion, to make such a thing resemble an accessory." Shinki says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 17, 2019, 07:46:55 pm
>"Well I know I can't touch it and it doesn't come off. I always thought it was some kind of seal or something. I still wonder where it came from... I've had it as long as I can remember."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 17, 2019, 08:08:28 pm
>"Well I know I can't touch it and it doesn't come off. I always thought it was some kind of seal or something. I still wonder where it came from... I've had it as long as I can remember."

> Shinki leans towards you, and puts her hands onto, and then through, the bowl-like thing on your head. It dosen't break through, her hands just... pass through.

> "As I suspected. You poor thing." she says.

> You feel the ribbon move a little. Your left arm twitches involuntarily, and stings as Shinki touches the ribbon. She actually manages to touch it. You can't see, but something tells you she touched it.

> "It's a seal. That is correct, but it's a particularly... nasty type of seal. It's complex. Technically it's thousands of different seals woven together. And every one of those is interwoven with your very body. It simply takes the form of a ribbon on this case. Whatever did this to you really, really wanted to keep you sealed. If I were to rip it off, and that is completely within my abilities to do so, it would be like ripping your body asunder. You would not survive."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 17, 2019, 08:17:24 pm
> "That's depressing... what kind of twisted person would do that..."
> "Is it possible to slowly release it over time?  Like a counter spell that unravels it slowly so I don't get hurt"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 17, 2019, 08:19:10 pm
>"I mean, there must've been a good reason to use such a seal on me, right? It doesn't make sense for this kind of seal would be used for just amusement or on garden variety youkai, right...?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 17, 2019, 08:43:50 pm
> "That's depressing... what kind of twisted person would do that..."
> "Is it possible to slowly release it over time?  Like a counter spell that unravels it slowly so I don't get hurt"

> "Either you were a very naughty girl before to force someone to take such drastic action, or you had a very cruel enemy."

> "It's impossible to do it in a manner that won't hurt you. A gradual release may be possible without killing you, but it would hurt still." Shinki says.

>"I mean, there must've been a good reason to use such a seal on me, right? It doesn't make sense for this kind of seal would be used for just amusement or on garden variety youkai, right...?"

> "A seal acting on every part of your body to this extent means you are by no means 'garden variety'." Shinki remarks.

> "Now then, there is something particularly agredigious I can find being restricted by this seal. It will hurt. A lot. But I can undo that. I can give you your ability to see in the dark back." Shinki says. "To think they'd seal that basic ability away from someone who constantly projects darkness..."

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 17, 2019, 08:52:47 pm
>"Like, you mean only removing the part of the seal that prevents me from seeing in the dark?"

//Off to work until late in the evening. The seal talk is something I was particularly not wanting to miss, so would you guys mind waiting for me to return? (I'll try to post on breaks so the wait between my posts wouldn't be too long (~2-3 hours between posts as opposed to around 7-8) )
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 17, 2019, 08:55:57 pm
> "Its okay if it hurts, can't be worse than waking up concussed from slamming in to a tree..."
> Feel a little depressed saying that

> "Maybe whenever I get used to an ability returning we could do a little bit more"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 17, 2019, 08:57:42 pm
>Don't necessarily agree to anything yet.

//Okay starting my shift for real now.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 17, 2019, 09:04:08 pm
// Why not?  We want our abilities back, I want to get them back gradually so it doens't damage us.  Like start the process now and get them back as we go
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 18, 2019, 12:18:09 am
//on lunch break for 47 minutes as of this post

//I'd like to find out a bit more about why we were sealed before we go about breaking the seal. Restoring our eyesight is fine, but I want to both confirm Shinki' s intentions and get affirmation that it wouldn't cause a chain reaction of unsealing due to removing one layer of the seal.

//Besides, if we actually were sealed for a good reason, then we shouldn't be so hasty to break it...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 18, 2019, 12:50:34 am
// We want it to be a chain reaction but for it to happen slowly so we get used to it and can get used to any pain or side effects it might have.  Think of getting power items one at a time instead of getting a Full power item
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 18, 2019, 01:00:02 am
//you're missing the point.

//Chain reaction or no, the end result is still the same. We probably shouldn't break the seal until we know more about why we were sealed. Especially if doing so ultimately causes something bad like a personality rewrite, power incontinence, an insatiable hunger for flesh, and/or insanity...

//that being said, I'm fine with restoring our eyesight as long as it doesn't cause a chain reaction.

//anyway my lunch break ends soon. I'll be back later in the evening. Though if my phone starts running out of power I might not be back until closer to 10pm MT
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 18, 2019, 01:00:49 am
// As for why we were sealed it's surely due to what our diet used to be and that before the spell card rules Reimu used to actually seal Youkai
// We can start with our eyesight and see if we feel side effects like hunger or mood alteration
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 18, 2019, 04:59:41 am
// As for why we were sealed it's surely due to what our diet used to be and that before the spell card rules Reimu used to actually seal Youkai
// We can't be 100% sure of that. And other possibilities are equally likely at this point.

// We can start with our eyesight and see if we feel side effects like hunger or mood alteration
//I wasn't saying we shouldn't restore our eyesight!
//What I'm saying is that we should play it safe and consider things for a bit before committing to doing so. i,e. probe Shinki for information for a parse or two and then accepting based on what she replies.
//After that, we should look into why we were sealed before trying to unlock anything else. So that we can be sure that it is safe to do so. :P

//Also, since it's likely that the next parse will happen either when I'm asleep, driving to college, or in a class, would you guys mind waiting for me to respond to the next parse before continuing?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 18, 2019, 05:41:02 am
// Alright maybe I got a little overexcited at the fact that we are finally getting new abilities.  We should indeed play it safe however lets still aim to gain the maximum we can at this point, as games usually have a difficult boss battle/challenge/puzzle after gaining abilities where you're expected to use them
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 18, 2019, 05:43:43 am
games usually have a difficult boss battle/challenge/puzzle after gaining abilities where you're expected to use them
//You fool! Don't give Rai any ideas!
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 18, 2019, 07:35:18 pm
Gonna do my usual 'reconfirmation of orders' thing since there's been discussion post-commands.

// Alright maybe I got a little overexcited at the fact that we are finally getting new abilities. 

Well, you've only really just completed the first main quest chain. [The Louise one].

Or in terms of a Story; Act 1.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 18, 2019, 08:41:52 pm
// Alright not committing to anything, just checking if we can get more info
> "How safe would it be to undo the part of the seal which affects my vision?  Would there be a risk of the rest of the seal falling apart along with my body?"
> "Also, one thing related to the ribbon I *did* notice recently was that near a temple in Gensokyo where the monks had put up a barrier preventing Louise from entering whenever I passed through the barrier the ribbon wiggled or shifted a little, no one else noticed a similar effect.  Might be unrelated though"

> Let Shinki touch and inspect the ribbon, don't resist even if it might feel uncomfortable
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 18, 2019, 08:47:20 pm
>Don't let her touch it just yet.

//Let's wait for our confirmation first.

>"Would removing only the part of the seal affecting my vision cause a chain reaction in the rest of the seal? I'm fine with being able to see in the dark again, but I'd rather find out a bit more about why I was sealed to begin with before I want to tamper with it more than just that..."

//Will be unavailable for a couple of hours starting in about 5 minutes.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 18, 2019, 11:59:25 pm
// Alright not committing to anything, just checking if we can get more info
> "How safe would it be to undo the part of the seal which affects my vision?  Would there be a risk of the rest of the seal falling apart along with my body?"
> "Also, one thing related to the ribbon I *did* notice recently was that near a temple in Gensokyo where the monks had put up a barrier preventing Louise from entering whenever I passed through the barrier the ribbon wiggled or shifted a little, no one else noticed a similar effect.  Might be unrelated though"

> Let Shinki touch and inspect the ribbon, don't resist even if it might feel uncomfortable

> "With almost anyone else except the one who created the seal initially? There would be a massive risk." Shinki says. "However, and I don't mean to brag, I am a literal Goddess of Magic. Dealing with the magic parts of the seal, absolutely no problem. Making your body able to withstand it? Beyond my abilities."

> "It was likely a Holy barrier. A seal of this type would have been forged of the foulest of magic. The seal and the barrier probobly disagreed with each other." Shinki explains. "It's difficult to know the exact reason without inspecting the Barrier."

>Don't let her touch it just yet.

>"Would removing only the part of the seal affecting my vision cause a chain reaction in the rest of the seal? I'm fine with being able to see in the dark again, but I'd rather find out a bit more about why I was sealed to begin with before I want to tamper with it more than just that..."

> Shinki clicks her fingers near the ribbon, and pulls her hand away, createing a far larger, illusionary diagram of the ribbon. You can see when it's magnified like this it seems to be made of various rings.

> "The ribbon is like a central point for a myriad of different seals. A seal of seals if you may." Shinki says. "It's like a combination lock. Each ring is a different, sealed aspect. And there's different positions for each ring as well, different levels of sealing. To restore your night vision, all I would have to do is carefully tweak one of the many seals. That seal actually wasn't completely tied. If whoever made this wanted to they could have made you completely blind."

> Shinki looks at you with a warm smile. "I know, it's a lot to take in and I'm probobly Magibabbleing. Seeing Thuamaturgy of this level excites me. To know there is someone out there that isn't myself capable of such an intricate seal... ooh it's brilliant! And concerning... but Brilliant!"

[Yes Shinki is totally a magic geek]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 19, 2019, 12:08:09 am
>"So would that specific seal affecting my eyes not affect anything else if it was undone? Or would it start a reaction with the other seals and cause a slow unraveling?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 19, 2019, 12:26:43 am
> Before above actions
> "I'm actually interested in learning barrier and and sealing magic, so it's not magibabble.  As a Youkai I'm able to create barriers, something only shrine maidens can do and is usually used to seal Youkai"
> Form a ring barrier on our finger and rotate it
> Let Shinki inspect it, stop the rotation if she does

> "Though why would a person cruel enough to make a seal like this leave that part of the seal untied?  Also would a seal like this affect my memory?  Because I don't remember anything about who or how it was placed on me"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 19, 2019, 05:34:49 pm
> Before above actions
> "I'm actually interested in learning barrier and and sealing magic, so it's not magibabble.  As a Youkai I'm able to create barriers, something only shrine maidens can do and is usually used to seal Youkai"
> Form a ring barrier on our finger and rotate it
> Let Shinki inspect it, stop the rotation if she does

> "Though why would a person cruel enough to make a seal like this leave that part of the seal untied?  Also would a seal like this affect my memory?  Because I don't remember anything about who or how it was placed on me"

> "I'm pretty sure there's other youkai who can make barriers..." Kogasa says. "Even if it's just using magic."

> Shinki looks at the barrier you form anyway.

> "Yes, that seems like a specialized barrier that primarily separates Light and Darkness. It's probobly how your darkness sphere expands and contracts actually, and how there's not really a dusky area between the dark and the light." Shinki says.

> "Perhaps they made the seal adjustable to find the correct level to set it. The cruel part isn't the amount of seals, it's how the seal is integrated with your body." Shinki states.

> "There's a Memeory seal, but it seems to have been outright removed, along with the memories." Shinki explains, pointing to a small, empty section of the magical diagram. "The memories were sealed away, then extracted. At least, I assume that gap is for a memory seal. Seeing as you don't seem to be aware of any of this, and there's no other memory seal."

>"So would that specific seal affecting my eyes not affect anything else if it was undone? Or would it start a reaction with the other seals and cause a slow unraveling?"

> "It shouldn't. Each of the seals is independent. The only way it would cause something like that is if whatever is being sealed is so tremendously powerful that even a slight weakening of the overall seal would lead to the entire thing being overpowered. Such a result likely being fatal to you, and I'd be able to tell if that was happening while I'm adjusting the seal, because it would start going a lot faster than I intend." Shinki explains. "And such a situation would raise the question of why the seal can be adjusted."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 19, 2019, 06:15:30 pm
> "I can make these barriers without using magic circles or spells, I just will them into existance.  It's not just light and darkness that they separate, they can actually apply enough physical force to stop a human"

> "So the seal was designed in a way so a quick release would be fatal, but a very slow and gradual release could be possible since it was designed to be readjustable?  Because they could have set it to the maximum level instead of trying to find the correct level if they wanted to"

> "If you sense that it's starting to accelerate faster and risks killing me can you counter it or set it back to where it was?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 20, 2019, 11:54:20 pm
> "I can make these barriers without using magic circles or spells, I just will them into existance.  It's not just light and darkness that they separate, they can actually apply enough physical force to stop a human"

> "So the seal was designed in a way so a quick release would be fatal, but a very slow and gradual release could be possible since it was designed to be readjustable?  Because they could have set it to the maximum level instead of trying to find the correct level if they wanted to"

> "If you sense that it's starting to accelerate faster and risks killing me can you counter it or set it back to where it was?"

> "Stopping a human isn't an impressive feat, your hands can do that." Shinki says sweetly.

> "Correct." Shinki agrees. "Although I cannot fathom the reasoning behind the adjustable nature."

> "Yes. It's essensially designed so that no-one except the seal's creator can adjust it. However, my action is... well... divine intervention. You are in safe hands with me." Shinki states. "Besides; I'd bring trouble to Makai if I caused you to die, and I can't allow that to happen to my family."

[OCC: Dunno what happened yesterday but the post/preveiw buttons were not working. Weird, sorry for delay]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 21, 2019, 12:26:49 am
> "I fully trust you, I was just a little ... scared of what might happen"
> "When we start can you keep a distance?  My arm twitched when you touched the ribbon, likely due to how the seal is integrated with my body. I don't want to reflexively hit someone when it's adjusted"
> Let Shinki do her thing, try and suppress any twitching or reflexive movements we might make
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 21, 2019, 09:42:45 pm
> "I fully trust you, I was just a little ... scared of what might happen"
> "When we start can you keep a distance?  My arm twitched when you touched the ribbon, likely due to how the seal is integrated with my body. I don't want to reflexively hit someone when it's adjusted"
> Let Shinki do her thing, try and suppress any twitching or reflexive movements we might make

> "Unfortunelty; I need to be close, due to precision. Have no fear, even if you were to strike me with your full power in a reflex, I would be absolutely fine."

> Shinki extends little white magical strands from her fingertips; which you feel a surge of flame-like pain race from your ribbon on contact.

> Suddenly; your vision blurrs, and it feels like someone is attempting to crush your eyes.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 21, 2019, 09:50:36 pm
> Try as hard as we can to bear with it, clench our fists if we have to
> If it becomes absolutely unbearable ask for her to slow down a little
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 21, 2019, 09:59:34 pm
> Try as hard as we can to bear with it, clench our fists if we have to
> If it becomes absolutely unbearable ask for her to slow down a little

> You endure and endure as the pain worsens.

> Just as you're about to call for Shinki to stop, the pain stops, and as does Shinki. No aches, no throbbing in your eyes. It just goes, and your vision returns to normal. However, your body feels tired, and you feel slight aches all over.

> "There we go." Shinki says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 21, 2019, 10:06:34 pm
> "That was ... intense"
> "It makes me kind of glad I don't remember being sealed in the first place if just 1 ring on the seal hurt this much..."

> If we aren't too tired, make it pitch black around us and check if we can still see Shinki
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 21, 2019, 10:15:40 pm
>"I feel tired..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 21, 2019, 11:14:39 pm
> "That was ... intense"
> "It makes me kind of glad I don't remember being sealed in the first place if just 1 ring on the seal hurt this much..."

> If we aren't too tired, make it pitch black around us and check if we can still see Shinki

> "I'm not sure if the sealing itself hurt. It's impossible to tell really." Shinki says.

> You retract your darkness sphere around yourself.

> For a moment, you don't see anything... and then suddenly you see... things. Not the same as you do in the light. Considering your eyesight in the light isn't very good however, your vision is better like this. Everything is somewhere between Black; White and... violet? It's completely different, yet so much clearer.

>"I feel tired..."

> "That'll be the strain tampering with the seal put upon your body. It's why I can't push it much further, it might cause permanent damage or worse."

[OCC:

Ability Gained: Ultraviolet Vision; although Rumia won't know what it is unless she speaks to or asks someone smart enough to know about the visual spectrum]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 21, 2019, 11:34:02 pm
> Make a mental note to ask other Wriggle or Mystia what they see when its pitch black and compare.  We expected night vision to be like normal vision but work in the dark, maybe our night vision is different and that's why it was sealed? 

> Release darkness for now so we can have a conversation

> "Thank you very much!  I think I can see now in the darkness, though it might take some getting used to"
> "I'll try and figure out more about how the seal works or how it was made, since you're interested in these kinds of things"
> "Is there anything we could do in Gensokyo for you?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 22, 2019, 12:14:12 am
> Make a mental note to ask other Wriggle or Mystia what they see when its pitch black and compare.  We expected night vision to be like normal vision but work in the dark, maybe our night vision is different and that's why it was sealed? 

> Release darkness for now so we can have a conversation

> "Thank you very much!  I think I can see now in the darkness, though it might take some getting used to"
> "I'll try and figure out more about how the seal works or how it was made, since you're interested in these kinds of things"
> "Is there anything we could do in Gensokyo for you?"

> Wriggle's said before her eyes are different, since she's an insect. You don't know about Mystia however.

> "Excellent." Shinki says happily with a smile. "But be careful investigating. You might stumble upon whoever created it, and I doubt they would be happy with any tampering."

> Shinki snaps her fingers and a sealed letter appears, as well as a quill.

> "You could give these to Alice next time you see her. It's been quite a few years, so it's some Inter-dimensional mail so she can contact me." the goddess says cheerfully.

> Shinki becomes less cheerful.

> "Oh; and keep a close eye out. I only have so much information relating to Gensokyo, but if everything I've heard is true, Gensokyo itself may be in great danger. Something must have changed to allow people from Makai to cross over now without using the dimensional rift."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 22, 2019, 12:25:53 am
>We're at the exit, right?
>>If so: "Alright. Well, I suppose this is where we part ways, then?"

//Hopefully Shinki won't leave immediately after we say this, I have some parting words I'd like to give.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 22, 2019, 01:46:08 am
// So Shinki will be giving us our quests/missions and abilities? Awesome
// Also Evil_Nazgul0616 in our parting words we should ask how to find her again if we learn more details with the ongoing incident or seal

> Make a mental note to be extra careful around Reimu and not let her know about our new abilities so she doesn't figure out we have been messing with the ribbon
> Wonder why Shinki didn't mention anything about Mayina
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 22, 2019, 01:14:53 pm
>We're at the exit, right?
>>If so: "Alright. Well, I suppose this is where we part ways, then?"

//Hopefully Shinki won't leave immediately after we say this, I have some parting words I'd like to give.

> Correct.

> "One more thing." Shinki says, before she... creates a small bag and gives it to you.

> "I just made some special candies. Eating them will line your respiratory system so it can filter out the harmful parts of the Maisma. In short, you and anyone else you give one of those will be able to breathe in Makai if you come back to visit. Figured it better than you wearing a bowl on your head."

// So Shinki will be giving us our quests/missions and abilities? Awesome
// Also Evil_Nazgul0616 in our parting words we should ask how to find her again if we learn more details with the ongoing incident or seal

> Make a mental note to be extra careful around Reimu and not let her know about our new abilities so she doesn't figure out we have been messing with the ribbon
> Wonder why Shinki didn't mention anything about Mayina

> You suspect Reimu... and then remember you're older than Reimu so it couldn't possibly have been her. Still; it could be her bloodline.

> You assume that she assumes you have all the information you need regarding the currently frozen daemon.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 22, 2019, 04:59:32 pm
> Judging by the colors and the fact that it's still active it must have been a relative.
> "Thank you, it's better than being miss bowl head haha"
> "We should give the filter back to Louise then"

> Wait for Evil_Nazgul0616's parting words before advancing time
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 22, 2019, 07:27:51 pm
>"How long to the effects of these candies last?"

>"Speaking of visiting, I was actually wondering if it would be alright to do so once this incident has cleared itself up. It's interesting here, and I feel that there's much more to see than what we've seen in our short trip here."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 22, 2019, 07:57:30 pm
> Judging by the colors and the fact that it's still active it must have been a relative.
> "Thank you, it's better than being miss bowl head haha"
> "We should give the filter back to Louise then"

> Wait for Evil_Nazgul0616's parting words before advancing time

> "After you enter the Dimensional tunnel; just throw it back out. I'll teleport it to Louise." Shinki says.

>"How long to the effects of these candies last?"

>"Speaking of visiting, I was actually wondering if it would be alright to do so once this incident has cleared itself up. It's interesting here, and I feel that there's much more to see than what we've seen in our short trip here."

> "They're permanent, as long as you don't go Fire-eating or get a bunch of antimagic in your lungs or something. It's a magical filter that merges with your lungs." Shinki explains. "Some Magician had the bright idea to sell something like these in Paradise... except anyone in Paradise can withstand the Maisma anyway. It still gave me the idea, just in case.

> "I'm not sure if that's under my control." Shinki says. "After all; there is technically a treaty between Makai and Gensokyo. For what it's worth; I won't stop you. I don't stop anyone visiting."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 22, 2019, 08:01:33 pm
>Wait, isn't Louise with us?
>Who is with us right now?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 22, 2019, 08:19:58 pm
>Wait, isn't Louise with us?
>Who is with us right now?

> Louise went home, saying Luci was able to look after you and it wasn't far to the portal; after you left the two sister daemons.

> Kogasa; Shinki and the frozen Mayina.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 23, 2019, 01:45:58 am
> "Oh yeah the treaty... It might be a good idea to guard this passage, considering the shrine maiden and magician that like to attack innocent people while looking for the culprit are investigating this incident and will surely come here once they figure out that Makai is involved"

> In the mean time, does it look like frozen Mayina will fit through the portal?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 23, 2019, 02:52:20 am
//I swear she was still with us... Where's the post where she left?

>Wonder how we're going to chisel Mayina out of there once we're through.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 23, 2019, 03:29:26 am
// Evil_Nazgul0616 page 18 post 527 second from last action

> Stop wondering once we remember stories of how effective lasers were against Cirno's Bullet Freeze in the Fairy Wars, and we specialize in lasers
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 23, 2019, 07:38:28 pm
> "Oh yeah the treaty... It might be a good idea to guard this passage, considering the shrine maiden and magician that like to attack innocent people while looking for the culprit are investigating this incident and will surely come here once they figure out that Makai is involved"

> In the mean time, does it look like frozen Mayina will fit through the portal?

> "No-one shall use the portal. I have rendered it invisible to those of Makai." Shinki says, "For now; at least."

> Yes

//I swear she was still with us... Where's the post where she left?

>Wonder how we're going to chisel Mayina out of there once we're through.

> You get the impression of Mystia using her long talons as chisels.

// Evil_Nazgul0616 page 18 post 527 second from last action

> Stop wondering once we remember stories of how effective lasers were against Cirno's Bullet Freeze in the Fairy Wars, and we specialize in lasers

> You were not present during the Fairy Wars. Still; you're well aware that lasers can cut through Cirno's ice from the amount of times she's picked a fight with you. That said; this isn't Cirno's ice.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 23, 2019, 07:41:43 pm
//Tom's first post was missed
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 23, 2019, 08:32:45 pm
//Tom's first post was missed

I blame the forum outage for not bringing me to the last unread.

Fixed it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 23, 2019, 08:35:07 pm
>Idly wonder if Aunn is guarding the portal cave again.
>Then wonder how we're going to sneak past her, or Reimu if gods forbid she's learned of our little excursion...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 23, 2019, 08:55:00 pm
> "I was more worried about keeping the troublemakers from Gensokyo out, like those that attacked Makai in the past"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 25, 2019, 05:22:35 pm
>Idly wonder if Aunn is guarding the portal cave again.
>Then wonder how we're going to sneak past her, or Reimu if gods forbid she's learned of our little excursion...

> You realize the predicament you've entered concerning Aunn.

> "I was more worried about keeping the troublemakers from Gensokyo out, like those that attacked Makai in the past"

> "I won't keep anyone out." Shinki says. "All are welcome to come to Makai, at least from my stance. If other worlds seek to stop people coming to Makai, that is their choice."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 25, 2019, 05:37:43 pm
> She dodged our point again, maybe she isn't really angry with Reimu Marisa Mima and Yuuka after all...
> "We really liked it here and hope we can visit again in the  future.  I really wanted to see more of Paradise but we were kind of in a rush as our friends are waiting for us in Gensokyo"
> Wave farewell and be polite and bow

> Push frozen Mayina into the portal and jump in afterwards
> Remember to use Danmaku from now on as we will be entering Gensokyo
> Assume combat stance and ready spell cards in case there's trouble on the other side
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 25, 2019, 10:08:54 pm
> She dodged our point again, maybe she isn't really angry with Reimu Marisa Mima and Yuuka after all...
> "We really liked it here and hope we can visit again in the  future.  I really wanted to see more of Paradise but we were kind of in a rush as our friends are waiting for us in Gensokyo"
> Wave farewell and be polite and bow

> Push frozen Mayina into the portal and jump in afterwards
> Remember to use Danmaku from now on as we will be entering Gensokyo
> Assume combat stance and ready spell cards in case there's trouble on the other side

[Shinki isn't avoiding the point. Her point is that she refuses to stop anyone coming from Makai; regardless of their intent. She only got involved during Mystic Square because she was directly challenged. Shinki dosen't want to interfere with Makai; she wants the fates of the residents to be their own.]

> "Well; hopefully next time they can come as well." Shinki says with a smile.

> Shinki sighs when you bow, but dosen't protest again.

> You push the frozen daemon into the passageway, and then enter afterwards. Kogasa follows.

> You fly through the passageway again, the astral tunnel of sorts, and come out inside the cave...

> There is a barrier in front of you. A different barrier, but a barrier regardless. In the exact same place. This one seems significantly stronger, and is purple. Despite only having a single layer, it feels more powerful. You don't see any talismans either.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 25, 2019, 10:10:40 pm
>"Well... I guess we're not coming out this way..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 25, 2019, 10:16:51 pm
>"Well... I guess we're not coming out this way..."

> "Yep; you're definitely not coming out that way." an unfamiliar voice says from behind you.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 25, 2019, 10:23:55 pm
>"Eh!? Did someone follow us?"
>Turn. Do we recognize the source of the voice?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 25, 2019, 10:36:43 pm
>"Eh!? Did someone follow us?"
>Turn. Do we recognize the source of the voice?

> You turn around and see... a strangely dressed... human? With a branch? It smells and senses like a human, but something's a little off. It's somewhere between Sanae and Reimu in terms of seeming off. Which would make this girl some sort of Miko?

(https://safebooru.org//images/2337/4f3b3541d77258fe4f9f28ae4e56e4ed047fad6d.jpg)

Mai Teireida
Invigorating Shadow Dancer

> You don't recognize this person, who is moving somewhat rhythmically, as if doing a little dance on the spot.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 25, 2019, 10:40:39 pm
>"Oh, hello there. Are you a Gensokyo native like us, not including the popsicle, or are you from Makai?"

//Will be driving for a couple of hours at most.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 25, 2019, 10:54:50 pm
> Stuck in Makai?  Reimu must have figured out our little excursion and distraction...

> Is she on the Makai side of the barrier?
> Did we see any weak points in the barrier?  Did it seem to be anchored to the wall or extend past it (inside the wall)?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 25, 2019, 11:06:29 pm
>"Oh, hello there. Are you a Gensokyo native like us, not including the popsicle, or are you from Makai?"

//Will be driving for a couple of hours at most.

> The girl looks surprised. "Yes, I'm from Gensokyo. Name's Mai."

> Stuck in Makai?  Reimu must have figured out our little excursion and distraction...

> Is she on the Makai side of the barrier?
> Did we see any weak points in the barrier?  Did it seem to be anchored to the wall or extend past it (inside the wall)?

> Well; you're in Gensokyo; just on the Makai side of the barrier.

> Yes; in fact she's between you and the dimensional tunnel. You have no clue where she came from.

> You see no weaknesses.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 25, 2019, 11:12:24 pm
> "Nice to meet you, this is Kogasa and I'm Rumia!"
> "Are you stuck here too?"
> Turn around and point at the barrier

> Condense darkness so we can see more clearly and have another look at the barrier
> Release darkness once we're done as it might get annoying to others
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 25, 2019, 11:19:52 pm
> "Nice to meet you, this is Kogasa and I'm Rumia!"
> "Are you stuck here too?"
> Turn around and point at the barrier

> Condense darkness so we can see more clearly and have another look at the barrier
> Release darkness once we're done as it might get annoying to others

> "Who's the icecube?"

> "I'm not stuck here, in fact I was told to come here because you'd be stuck."

> You can't *not* have darkness, so you just make the sphere around yourself so it's not in the way. [Although the only light is from the barrier anyway]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 25, 2019, 11:28:41 pm
// I meant condense darkness so we can use our clearer night vision and release to restore it to our usual level

> Did the barrier look any different while looking at it in the darkness?

> "Oh that's just Mayina"

> "Do you know a way out?  Who told you we'd be stuck here?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 26, 2019, 12:07:42 am
>"That's Mayina. Don't worry, he has finite power in Gensokyo, and he's no longer bound to his master's orders, so he should be mostly harmless, if not a bit cranky once we thaw him out..."

>"You know, you're actually the second Mai I met today."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 26, 2019, 11:52:01 am
// I meant condense darkness so we can use our clearer night vision and release to restore it to our usual level

> Did the barrier look any different while looking at it in the darkness?

> "Oh that's just Mayina"

> "Do you know a way out?  Who told you we'd be stuck here?"

>"That's Mayina. Don't worry, he has finite power in Gensokyo, and he's no longer bound to his master's orders, so he should be mostly harmless, if not a bit cranky once we thaw him out..."

>"You know, you're actually the second Mai I met today."

> It looked even brighter in the darkness. And... purple-er.

> "Mostly harmless. That describes pretty much everyone in Gensokyo~" the danceing human says.

> Mai looks a little surprised, enough that she loses her rhythm for a moment. "Mai's not a very common name... I think."

> "Of course there's a way out. I got in after all." Mai says, returning to her rhythm. "I was sent by Lady Matara, Secret God of the Backdoor."

> Mai steps aside; and you notice there are two wooden spheres just floating in front of the dimensional portal.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 26, 2019, 01:25:24 pm
// The backdoor ... IT security's nightmare
> "Mostly harmless indeed, after all we did all agree on the spell card rules which make living here so pleasant.  I just was in a world without rules and can tell you I nearly died more times today that I have in years living here.  All the more reason to get to the bottom of this incident..."

> "Oh so there's a back door out of here?"
> "Though, who told you about us?  I mean, barely anyone knew we were here"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 26, 2019, 03:09:17 pm
// The backdoor ... IT security's nightmare
> "Mostly harmless indeed, after all we did all agree on the spell card rules which make living here so pleasant.  I just was in a world without rules and can tell you I nearly died more times today that I have in years living here.  All the more reason to get to the bottom of this incident..."

> "Oh so there's a back door out of here?"
> "Though, who told you about us?  I mean, barely anyone knew we were here"

> "Hmm? What a strange statement. The spellcard rules are fairly new. Or is Makai that terrifying?" Mai asks.

> "There's a backdoor anywhere as far as Lady Matara is concerned."

> "I said I work for a secret God. Do you think anything remains secret from her?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 26, 2019, 04:35:17 pm
>"no, not terrifying.  It's just that Makai hasn't adopted the spellcard laws or anything similar, so everyone was using lethal magic."

>"I don't think it's a common name either. But there is another Mai over there. She's pretty high up in the pecking order too."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 26, 2019, 04:45:23 pm
> Take off the bubble filter and toss it in to the portal, Shinki is probably wondering what's holding us up
> Let Mai do her back door thing
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 26, 2019, 05:04:18 pm
>"no, not terrifying.  It's just that Makai hasn't adopted the spellcard laws or anything similar, so everyone was using lethal magic."

>"I don't think it's a common name either. But there is another Mai over there. She's pretty high up in the pecking order too."

> "Why would another world adopt rules just because Gensokyo has?" Mai states. "Gensokyo's the odd one out probobly."

> Take off the bubble filter and toss it in to the portal, Shinki is probably wondering what's holding us up
> Let Mai do her back door thing

> You throw the bowl into the portal; avoiding both Mai and the two wooden spheres.

> With no further comments, Mai grabs the two handles; and flings them as if opening a door. Sure enough; the entry of the dimensional portal opens up as if a door.

> There is now a portal inside the portal.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 26, 2019, 05:29:17 pm
> "The rules have been a definite improvement, having just been reminded how things were before that.  We started investigating this incident after a friend got attacked with lethal magic"
> "Whoa, a hidden door!"
> Push frozen Mayina in and follow
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 27, 2019, 12:13:34 am
> "The rules have been a definite improvement, having just been reminded how things were before that.  We started investigating this incident after a friend got attacked with lethal magic"
> "Whoa, a hidden door!"
> Push frozen Mayina in and follow

[Thing I forgot to mention and never came up: Shinki chose Luci as her Alias; short for Lucifer. Because, well, Makai's fill of references. Her castle *is* Pandemonium after all.]

> "Yes, the goings-on have captured the attention of Lady Matara." Mai says.

> "I'm surprised!" Kogasa exclaims.

> You push in the frozen deamon, and you and Kogasa follow Mai in.

> One you are in, you find yourself in a world that is primarily purple. However, open doorways float around, each showing different scenery and people. Then it strikes you that Cirno spoke of a place kinda like this, after the seasons went mad, all the fairies for a big power boost and Cirno got a tan and empowered by summer of all seasons. But Cirno also said the culprit lived in that place...

> "Follow me." Mai says. "If you go through the wrong door you could be in big trouble."

> "Oh, they've arrived?" a voice similar to Mai's asks. Another human[?], dressed equally bizarrely but wearing a pink scheme and a brunette; flies over to the other one.

> "Indeed Satono; do you know where the Mistress is currently?" Mai asks.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2461/573a00a0c047142984eefd284180937e856963a1.png)
> Satono Nishida
> Stimulating Backup Dancer

> "Yes, she sent me to guide you. This place is changeing all the time after all." Satono replies.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 27, 2019, 02:16:23 am
[Didn't notice but that's a cool reference!  I always saw Rumia herself as a reference with her signature pose, I'd be surprised if Shinki and Rumia didn't get along]
> Follow Mai, push frozen Mayina along
> "So you're investigating this incident too?"

> While walking casually look at the various doorways, check if we see anyone we know or places we know
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 27, 2019, 09:44:10 pm
[Didn't notice but that's a cool reference!  I always saw Rumia herself as a reference with her signature pose, I'd be surprised if Shinki and Rumia didn't get along]
> Follow Mai, push frozen Mayina along
> "So you're investigating this incident too?"

> While walking casually look at the various doorways, check if we see anyone we know or places we know

> You follow the two people, pushing the ice block. You note it's slowly thawing, as your hands are wet.

> "Investigateing? More... observing." Mai replies.

> You don't recognize anything.

> Another being comes into view. Her outfit looks rather old-fashioned, and she immediately gives off the presence of someone not to be trifled with. A coy smile of amusement crosses her face when she spots you.

(https://safebooru.org//samples/2520/sample_c02bc07e01a70210f575adf9f819ecb6132bb907.png?2627377)

> Okina Matara

> Secret God who wishes to be Known
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 27, 2019, 10:33:18 pm
> Bow to be polite
> "Thanks for the door, we'd be stuck in Makai otherwise"
> "This is Kogasa, thats Mayina and I'm Rumia" (Point to respective party members as we say this)
> "Miss Mai said you have been observing this incident.  We've been investigating it, as it's been impacting us the most"
> Don't let her intimidate us, keep our childish and carefree look!
> Keep an eye on Mayina, we certainly don't want him running away once he thaws
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 28, 2019, 10:56:30 pm
> Bow to be polite
> "Thanks for the door, we'd be stuck in Makai otherwise"
> "This is Kogasa, thats Mayina and I'm Rumia" (Point to respective party members as we say this)
> "Miss Mai said you have been observing this incident.  We've been investigating it, as it's been impacting us the most"
> Don't let her intimidate us, keep our childish and carefree look!
> Keep an eye on Mayina, we certainly don't want him running away once he thaws

> "There is no need to thank me." the woman says. "I saw it as an opportunity to get one over on one of my compatriots. A chance to show I'm active still, that incident wasn't a one-off."

> "I am Okina Matara; Secret Goddess of the Backdoor, and one of the Sages of Gensokyo." the blonde says. "I entrust that my assistants already introduced themselves."

> "Indeed; I have been observing. Although if you believe this incident is effecting you the most, you have not even scratched the surface."

> It's difficult to not be intimidated, but it's fairly easy to remain in your regular pose and look despite this.

> The ice block will take a while still to be thawed.

> "Anyway, I intend to deliver you to the banks of that lake, as you agreed to meet. Give my regards to the Ice Fairy. And do not be concerned, Hakurei does not even know who broke the barrier. She has been far too occupied with other matters to investigate that. The little Komainu that I awoke is also relatively unharmed. She is defending what remains of the Hakurei Shrine."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 28, 2019, 11:04:40 pm
>"Oh okay... W-Wait, WHAT REMAINS!?!"
>Hope this wasn't caused by that ghost we released...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 28, 2019, 11:18:59 pm
> "I meant it affects us weak Youkai the most since we're the ones that are most likely to get killed when the Spell Card Rules aren't followed"
> "So you fixed the barrier we broke to go to Makai?"
> "Also, getting one over your compatriots?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 28, 2019, 11:35:43 pm
>"Oh okay... W-Wait, WHAT REMAINS!?!"
>Hope this wasn't caused by that ghost we released...

> "The Shrine was destroyed by an Evil Spirit. That said; the Hakurei Shrine gets ruined every few years." Okina states.

> "I meant it affects us weak Youkai the most since we're the ones that are most likely to get killed when the Spell Card Rules aren't followed"
> "So you fixed the barrier we broke to go to Makai?"
> "Also, getting one over your compatriots?"

> "Surely the Humans are in more danger?" the sage asks.

> "No; that was one of the other Sages; Yukari Yakumo. She's probobly the best known of us, despite her slothful nature. She helped someone steal Spring several years ago. So I decided to mark my re-emergence by stealing the essence of all four seasons." Okina says, her coy smile growing as she boasts about the incident she caused.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 28, 2019, 11:39:49 pm
> "The humans have Keine who is strong and protects them"
> "Best known?  I'm not sure who that is, you're the first Sage I've met"
> "Also her and your incidents weren't dangerous, people are actually being attacked with the intention to kill in this incident"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 29, 2019, 01:16:14 am
>Wince at the mention of the spirit.

>"So how many of you Sages are there?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 29, 2019, 04:47:27 pm
> "The humans have Keine who is strong and protects them"
> "Best known?  I'm not sure who that is, you're the first Sage I've met"
> "Also her and your incidents weren't dangerous, people are actually being attacked with the intention to kill in this incident"

> "Hmm? I must make a mote to test her capabilities if that is the case." Okina says. She actually looks rather pleased to hear this.

> "Met, yes. But I'm fairly sure you would have at least heard of Miss Yakumo before me."

> "Most incidents are not truely dangerous."

>Wince at the mention of the spirit.

>"So how many of you Sages are there?"

> "It was better that the spirit was released than no-one investigate Makai." Okina reassures. "Besides; the spirit's power may prove useful."

> "We don't stay in contact that much anymore, and it's been centuries since we created Gensokyo. I know there are two others still alive for sure who are active." Okina says in a casual tone.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 29, 2019, 06:15:42 pm
> "Whoa...  so you all created Gensokyo?"

> "Reimu probably won't see it that way though about the evil spirit, in fact she might think we are causing the incident."
> "Investigating Makai was indeed useful though, since we found out that their leader is not causing this but a heretic faction and now that they are aware of this they have started investigating on their side too."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 29, 2019, 06:33:01 pm
> "Whoa...  so you all created Gensokyo?"

> "Reimu probably won't see it that way though about the evil spirit, in fact she might think we are causing the incident."
> "Investigating Makai was indeed useful though, since we found out that their leader is not causing this but a heretic faction and now that they are aware of this they have started investigating on their side too."

> "I had a hand in creating this Wonderland, yes. As well as the Hakurei Barrier." Okina says. "If I wished I could reshape Gensokyo with ease. But that's the thing about having power such as mine. You must use it like an artisan uses their tools."

> Okina pauses, and looks at Kogasa. "Like a blacksmith may use a hammer, as opposed to someone without that skill who can only use a hammer to destroy."

> "The Hakurei maiden is unaware of your actions, or even who released the spirit. As far as she is concerned, it was probobly a Phantom. After all; my little Komainu did not see anyone enter, and then she saw the spirit come from that direction and attack the Shrine."

> "I must admit, I know little of Makai." Okina says. "It is good to know that the Goddess of that realm is not taking advantage of the incident however and it is only a small faction. A full-on invasion from Makai would likly be impossible to stop, even if the Sages and Gods that reside in Gensokyo all worked together. What I do know of Makai is that their leader is a truly terrifying being of near infinite power."

> Okina smirks. "She must truly be a master of her craft to be that powerful and shape an entire dimension."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 29, 2019, 06:39:19 pm
>"Yeah, I could really feel her power just by standing near her. Thankfully, she's actually very nice."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 29, 2019, 07:25:47 pm
> "Well Gensokyo is very nice!  I also like the idea of creating things but I've never created anything in my life and almost certainly lack any skill to do so"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 29, 2019, 10:31:08 pm
>"Yeah, I could really feel her power just by standing near her. Thankfully, she's actually very nice."

> "The power of an infinite being... how curious..."

> "Well Gensokyo is very nice!  I also like the idea of creating things but I've never created anything in my life and almost certainly lack any skill to do so"

> "You've never made anything out of anything?" Okina says, before she looks like she's thinking. "You've made humans into meals before, right?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 29, 2019, 10:35:10 pm
> Look down and say "... but that's not something I'm proud of"
> "I mean things that make others happy"
> In low voice "...to try and make up for my mistakes in the past..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 30, 2019, 05:32:38 pm
> Look down and say "... but that's not something I'm proud of"
> "I mean things that make others happy"
> In low voice "...to try and make up for my mistakes in the past..."

> "Living according to one's nature, doing what is natural; is never a mistake. Is the insect guilty for eating the plant? The bird for the insect? The cat for the bird?" Okina asks, before not waiting for a reply. "Of course not. Youkai praying upon humans is natural; and nature does not make mistakes. Besides; Gensokyo was not designed to be a haven for humans, with the exception of the lynchpin. If Humans choose to live in the refuge of the youkai, the youkai they drove out, they should accept the risks of such a life. Let nature take it's course."

> The woman looks rather passionate while she says this, and then calms back down.

> Okina snaps her fingers, and a doorway forms in front of her, to the side.

> "This doorway will take you to the Lakeside where your friends are waiting for you." Okina says calmly.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 30, 2019, 05:48:23 pm
> "... Thanks"
> Still feel somewhat guilty after hearing Shinki talk about the reasons we could have been sealed
> "We'll keep investigating who's behind this incident"
> Bow and head through the portal, push Mayina through first

> Out of our friends were we the most successful hunter in the past?  Or was it Mystia?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 30, 2019, 09:58:47 pm
> "... Thanks"
> Still feel somewhat guilty after hearing Shinki talk about the reasons we could have been sealed
> "We'll keep investigating who's behind this incident"
> Bow and head through the portal, push Mayina through first

> Out of our friends were we the most successful hunter in the past?  Or was it Mystia?

> Okina dosen't respond.

> You feel guilty, but also confused as you think about a past you cannot recall.

> It's not like you hunted together. But it was almost certainly Mystia. She's the smartest of the three youkai in your group, and is generally the fastest and strongest. Not to mention her song.

> You enter the doorway, with Kogasa following, and exit on the bank of the Misty Lake; the door closing when you exit.

> Mystia; Wriggle; Cirno and Daiyousei are all a little bit ahead, and haven't seemed to have noticed you yet. They seem to be watching another group of youkai at the bank of the lake.

> One has a long hair and large, fuzzy ears and is wearing a dress; one is a redhead wearing a red cloak, and the other is in the water, with only her head and shoulders visible.

> "Oh; that's Banki!" Kogasa says happily. "I see her around the village sometimes!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 30, 2019, 10:34:41 pm
>"Which one?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 30, 2019, 10:38:31 pm
>"Which one?"

> "The one that looks like a normal human." Kogasa says loudly.

> This gets Wriggle to turn around, and she indicates to the others that you're all back. Cirno flies right over, while the others are a little more cautious as they start to approach, watching the ice block.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 30, 2019, 10:41:53 pm
>"Hi everyone."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 30, 2019, 11:24:23 pm
>"Hi everyone."

> "You're all back safe!" Mystia says happily. "You've been gone all day, it's almost midnight!"

> "Isn't that the prime time for youkai anyway?" Daiyousei asks.

> "Where'd this iceblock come from?" Cirno asks.

> "What's he even doing back here..." Wriggle grumbles, still clearly annoyed over the insects Mayina's explosion killed.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 30, 2019, 11:30:46 pm
>"Well, we met the higher-ups over there, and they basically decided to do an investigation once they got the information they wanted out of Mayina here. Then they were going to execute him, but I managed to get his sentence changed to an exile in Gensokyo instead. They also voided his contract with his master, so he's no longer obligated to report to or take orders from them. He's technically my responsibility now."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 30, 2019, 11:34:02 pm
> "Which means I'm stuck with him from now on and I need to figure out a way to make him my familiar so hes obedient and can use magic.  He can't fly or create danmaku and will even age and die unless hes using someone else's energy"
> "Cirno, do you think I can thaw him out using lasers or will that shatter him?  You're the ice expert"
> If Cirno agrees thaw him using lasers
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 30, 2019, 11:38:25 pm
> "Which means I'm stuck with him from now on and I need to figure out a way to make him my familiar so hes obedient and can use magic.  He can't even fly or create danmaku unless hes using someone else's energy"
>Leave out the obedience part for now. We should at least try to befriend him before intending to force obedience out of him...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 30, 2019, 11:41:47 pm
>"Well, we met the higher-ups over there, and they basically decided to do an investigation once they got the information they wanted out of Mayina here. Then they were going to execute him, but I managed to get his sentence changed to an exile in Gensokyo instead. They also voided his contract with his master, so he's no longer obligated to report to or take orders from them. He's technically my responsibility now."

> Cirno makes a -_- face as she attempts to comprehend you.

> "Which means I'm stuck with him from now on and I need to figure out a way to make him my familiar so hes obedient and can use magic.  He can't even fly or create danmaku unless hes using someone else's energy"
> "Cirno, do you think I can thaw him out using lasers or will that shatter him?  You're the ice expert"
> If Cirno agrees thaw him using lasers

> "Why do you need to make him your familiar?" Wriggle asks.

> "Rumia's always been a little envious of our familiars, come to think of it." Mystia muses.

> Cirno looks a lot more excited when asked a question about ice, and puts her hands on her hips; making herself look as big and important as she can.

> "Lasers can't be frozen and can bust through ice, yeah. But that's not how I get frogs out of ice!"

> "Dosen't that only work about a third of the time Cirno?" Daiyousei asks.

> "What's a third?"

> "One of every three." Kogasa states.

> "Then we just need two more frozen daemons!" Cirno exclaims excitedly. This earns her a facepalm from Daiyousei.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 30, 2019, 11:47:04 pm
>Giggle.
>"Well, if worse comes to worst we can always just wait it out..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 30, 2019, 11:47:23 pm
// I wanted to ease Wriggle's worries, besides he can't hear us


> So lasers can't be frozen... ponder why that could be
> "So that's no on the lasers?"

> "What if we dig or chisel him out of there?"

> Now that its midnight, how's our vision doing?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 30, 2019, 11:56:40 pm
>Giggle.
>"Well, if worse comes to worst we can always just wait it out..."

> Wriggle and Mystia join in. Cirno looks clueless at why she's being laughed at.

> "I see no need to rush getting him out." Wriggle says.

// I wanted to ease Wriggle's worries, besides he can't hear us


> So lasers can't be frozen... ponder why that could be
> "So that's no on the lasers?"

> "What if we dig or chisel him out of there?"

> Now that its midnight, how's our vision doing?

> "Well; maybe you can blast off the bigger chunks to speed it up." Daiyousei says. "But it could be bad for him if you rush it too much... like Cirno rushes the frogs."

> You can see fine during most nights thanks to the moonlight [Which is far more mild and thus dosen't hurt your eyes like sunlight] and starlight. Still, you can definitely see clearer.

> Judging from a growing puddle below Mayina, it seems the melting ice is accelerating. You think this is perhaps because it's Makai magic outside of Makai, the spell is coming undone.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 30, 2019, 11:57:52 pm
> Try shooting lethal laser at the ground close to the ice block but not touching it, we want the heat produced by the glow of the laser to accelerate the melting.  Play around with the laser colors and see which color seems to melt the ice faster. // [OCC: Red should produce more heat than other colors since it might bleed into the infrared spectrum]

> In any case, if we don't make progress lets just wait it out, we're not in any rush
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 31, 2019, 12:04:25 am
>To Wriggle and Mystia: "By the way, what does seeing in the dark look like for you guys?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 31, 2019, 09:59:05 am
// Add main quest "Rumia's Ribbon" - Ever since Shinki confirmed your suspicions that your ribbon is a seal and that your memories have been altered you have been feeling somewhat guilty of your past...
So far with Shinki's help you have regained the ability to see in the dark
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 31, 2019, 09:07:17 pm
> Try shooting lethal laser at the ground close to the ice block but not touching it, we want the heat produced by the glow of the laser to accelerate the melting.  Play around with the laser colors and see which color seems to melt the ice faster. // [OCC: Red should produce more heat than other colors since it might bleed into the infrared spectrum]

> In any case, if we don't make progress lets just wait it out, we're not in any rush

> You fire a stream of energy at the ground near Mayina. You can't fire anything but moonlight-color lasers however.

> This causes a little area to melt near the laser, but that's about it. The overall melting still seems to be speeding up, you can actually see water running off the ice now.

>To Wriggle and Mystia: "By the way, what does seeing in the dark look like for you guys?"

> "What a strange question." Mystia says. "Everything looks... purpler than it does during the day."

> "Everything changes color altogether at night for me." Wriggle says. "But us insects really have hundreds of eyes. We see everything a bit differently."

// Add main quest "Rumia's Ribbon" - Ever since Shinki confirmed your suspicions that your ribbon is a seal and that your memories have been altered you have been feeling somewhat guilty of your past...
So far with Shinki's help you have regained the ability to see in the dark

> This isn't so much a quest as a Status. Still 'Investigate the Ribbon Seal' has been added.

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 31, 2019, 09:19:10 pm
>Does Mystia's description match our night vision at all?

>"Well I'm only asking because, well... We met the goddess over there, and she's really nice... and then she noticed my ribbon and pretty much confirmed that it was a seal just like I suspected. Apparently it's a very complex one too, with many little seals laid right on top of each other."
>Fidget
>"Anyway, she managed to undo a small part of it, specifically the part that prevented me from seeing in the dark. I was wondering if your night vision looked similar to mine."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 31, 2019, 09:33:23 pm
> "Lets keep this between us though, don't want Reimu finding out..."
> Do we know anything about salt and how it can help melt snow and ice? (Maybe seen humans putting salt on paths?)
> Do we know about Mystia's food stall?
> If we know about both "Mystia, do you think you could spare some salt from your food stall to put on him?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 31, 2019, 10:54:55 pm
//Isn't salt used in shrine maiden rituals?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 31, 2019, 11:09:08 pm
// Yeah, I think its for warding away evil but let's not pillage Reimu's place
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 31, 2019, 11:14:37 pm
//I didn't mean that. I'm just saying should we really be sprinkling a literal demon with an evil warding substance?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 31, 2019, 11:31:01 pm
>Does Mystia's description match our night vision at all?

>"Well I'm only asking because, well... We met the goddess over there, and she's really nice... and then she noticed my ribbon and pretty much confirmed that it was a seal just like I suspected. Apparently it's a very complex one too, with many little seals laid right on top of each other."
>Fidget
>"Anyway, she managed to undo a small part of it, specifically the part that prevented me from seeing in the dark. I was wondering if your night vision looked similar to mine."

> It's similar, everything seemed purpler when you used it.

> "Oh, so you can see in your own darkness sphere now?" Mystia chirps.

> "Let's test it!" Wriggle says. "Go on; put yourself in the sphere and count how many fingers each of us is holding up!"

> "Lets keep this between us though, don't want Reimu finding out..."
> Do we know anything about salt and how it can help melt snow and ice? (Maybe seen humans putting salt on paths?)
> Do we know about Mystia's food stall?
> If we know about both "Mystia, do you think you could spare some salt from your food stall to put on him?"

> "Yeah it's probobly best Reimu dosen't know about youkai getting stronger." Wriggle agrees.

> You remember hearing the ocean; which is salty, dosen't freeze.

> You know her stall. It's near the Human Villiage however, if it's where she usually leaves it.

> "At the rate he's melting, I'm not sure he'd still be frozen by the time we got back." Mystia says.

--

[Concerning salt; no daemons are not going to be killed by salt. Or harmed]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on January 31, 2019, 11:41:12 pm
>"Alright."
>Sphere ourselves! Max darkness!
>Can we see?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 31, 2019, 11:49:48 pm
> Count how many fingers we see and say
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on January 31, 2019, 11:52:40 pm
>"Alright."
>Sphere ourselves! Max darkness!
>Can we see?

> Count how many fingers we see and say

> You sphere yourself, and you can see. It's not as clear as with the moonlight, but you can see purple-ish... shades of everything. It's just clear enough to make out.

> Wriggle is holding up three fingers. Mystia is holding up two. Cirno is holding up a thumb. Daiyousei has two fingers on each hand, while Kogasa is just gripping her umbrella with both hands, posing on one leg with her tongue out and her red eye open and blue closed. Come to think of it, you're unsure if she's posing or that's just how she usually stands, seeing how close her pose resembles her umbrella.

> You say this, and the first response is Cirno saying she had her big finger up; only for Dai to try and explain to her that a thumb is the big finger.

> "She can definitely see then." Mystia says.

> "You shouldn't bump into trees as much now!" Wriggle jokes happily.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on January 31, 2019, 11:59:23 pm
> "I'm telling you those trees are out to get me!"

> "Mystia do you see everything clearly or is everything varying shades of purple?"

> "Also do you see clearer with the moonlight or in complete darkness?  You can step in to the sphere if you want"
> Let Mystia step into our sphere if she wants to try it

> Check on Mayina, does he or the ice surrounding him look any different when looking at him through darkness?

> Keep the pitch-black sphere for now, maybe our eyes just haven't gotten used to it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 01, 2019, 07:16:14 pm
> "I'm telling you those trees are out to get me!"

> "Mystia do you see everything clearly or is everything varying shades of purple?"

> "Also do you see clearer with the moonlight or in complete darkness?  You can step in to the sphere if you want"
> Let Mystia step into our sphere if she wants to try it

> Check on Mayina, does he or the ice surrounding him look any different when looking at him through darkness?

> Keep the pitch-black sphere for now, maybe our eyes just haven't gotten used to it

> Wriggle and Mystia both chuckle.

> "Well; I guess everything's more purple than during the day. What a strange question..." Mystia answers. "And it's clearer with the moonlight than a cloudy night."

> Mayina looks as different as everything else in the darkness, although the ice is nearly invisible.

> Nothing is changing as you stay in the darkness sphere.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 01, 2019, 07:30:33 pm
> Huh so we can see through ice, interesting... Keep a mental note of this
> Wonder what else we can see through, check the water around Misty Lake, can we see clearer in to it?
> "Does the ice around Mayina also look nearly invisible to you when in complete darkness?"

> Do we feel like we can now avoid trees while flying our average speed?

> "Anyways, has anything interesting happened since we split up at the cave?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 02, 2019, 11:46:43 pm
> Huh so we can see through ice, interesting... Keep a mental note of this
> Wonder what else we can see through, check the water around Misty Lake, can we see clearer in to it?
> "Does the ice around Mayina also look nearly invisible to you when in complete darkness?"

> Do we feel like we can now avoid trees while flying our average speed?

> "Anyways, has anything interesting happened since we split up at the cave?"

> The water you can't see through, it looks normal... just with a purple hue. That said; Ice is kinda see-through already.

> "Yes." Mystia says. "I don't know why."

> You might need some practice with the maneuvering, after all, you might dodge into another tree. But yes.

> "Well... we heard the Hakurei Shrine was exploded." Wriggle says.

> "There was a phantom that showed up but we managed to get away." Mystia added.

> "There was some sort of disturbance on the Lake not long before you turned up." Daiyousei adds.

> The ground shakes somewhat, something you only notice since you're standing on it right now, unlike Daiyousei and Cirno, who are floating just above the ground. The lake's water ripples and splashes. There seems to be quite a reaction from the long-haired youkai and the youkai in the water to this.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 03, 2019, 12:01:05 am
>"Is that so? What kind of disturbance?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 03, 2019, 12:04:52 am
> Realize the ground just moved
> "Look at the water!  I just felt the ground shake"

> Expand our darkness to the point where we can see best
> Look around for any shadow figures
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 03, 2019, 05:36:20 pm
>"Is that so? What kind of disturbance?"

> "Like that." Daiyousei says; pointing to the lake.

> Realize the ground just moved
> "Look at the water!  I just felt the ground shake"

> Expand our darkness to the point where we can see best
> Look around for any shadow figures

> "The ground shook? That's impossible!" Cirno says.

> You cannot see anyone around.

> There is another shake. This one even stronger.

> You suddenly get a really bad feeling, the from the looks of everyone else's faces, they are feeling the same. Something is eminateing from the Mansion. You notice the guard has turned around and taken a stance... towards the Mansion, and rain clouds are forming in the skies above the mansion alone.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 03, 2019, 07:25:24 pm
>what's the feeling like? Is it like sensing someone powerful?

//Will be at work for the next 7 hours or so
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 03, 2019, 07:26:23 pm
> "Quick, let's go ask the guard if she knows anything about what's happening"

> Start heading towards the guard, remember to push Mayina
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 03, 2019, 07:27:39 pm
>Wonder if it's really a good idea to run towards the bad feeling
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 03, 2019, 07:29:49 pm
// You're right
> Once we get close enough she can hear us yell
> "What's happening!?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 03, 2019, 11:10:04 pm
>what's the feeling like? Is it like sensing someone powerful?

//Will be at work for the next 7 hours or so

> You feel an incredible amount of power from the Mansion.

> "Quick, let's go ask the guard if she knows anything about what's happening"

> Start heading towards the guard, remember to push Mayina

>Wonder if it's really a good idea to run towards the bad feeling

// You're right
> Once we get close enough she can hear us yell
> "What's happening!?"

> You decide to fly closer [Pushing the ice block would require going right to the mansion around the lake] and yell to Meiling.

> "RUN!" she yells back.

> Suddenly; the front door of the mansion bursts open, and a mostly red blurr shoots out of it. The guard is sent flying; performing two full flips in the air; landing a fair distance from her post on her back.

> The flash goes past you. It's moving swift enough you don't even get a clear look. However, it's clearly extremely powerful, it's magical energy running wild. It almost feels like that female bandit daemon...

> The rainclouds dissipate, and an unfamiliar figure steps out, looking very frustrated. Her frustration turns to looking flustered when she notices how many youkai are around. 

(https://safebooru.org//images/2606/57ff133baf2520aaafba3ab32064dd03467ec8f3.jpg?2714442)
> Remilia Scarlet
> Mistress of the Bloodstained Night

> You think you know who this is; based on Wriggle and Mystia meeting her before on *that* night. It's the mistress of the mansion; Remilia Scarlet. And if that's the case, it means the youkai not far from you is a Vampire, considered among the strongest types of youkai.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 03, 2019, 11:13:25 pm
//You happened to catch me on my lunch break, so...

>Look back at the others. Are they alright?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 03, 2019, 11:38:35 pm
> Better not be that bandit demon again, at least they're running out of energy in Gensokyo...

> If everyone is alright turn to the vampire Youkai and politely bow since shes the mistress of the mansion
> "We saw these clouds gather and the ground shake!  Was that a daemon?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 04, 2019, 08:57:49 pm
//You happened to catch me on my lunch break, so...

>Look back at the others. Are they alright?

> They seem to be alright; if a little shocked.

> Better not be that bandit demon again, at least they're running out of energy in Gensokyo...

> If everyone is alright turn to the vampire Youkai and politely bow since shes the mistress of the mansion
> "We saw these clouds gather and the ground shake!  Was that a daemon?"

> The shape of whatever passed you was entirely different.

> The vampire looks a little surprised at you addressing her, and seems to hesitate for a few moments.

> "I am the Scarlet Devil, so I suppose it would not be incorrect to call my sister a daemon..." she says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 04, 2019, 09:08:31 pm
> "She sure left in a hurry!"
> "Sorry for not introducing myself, I'm Rumia!"
> Let the rest of our party introduce themselves
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 04, 2019, 09:11:08 pm
>"Ah, sorry for calling her that then. The power I felt coming from her just reminded me of a demon bandit I met once..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 04, 2019, 09:13:01 pm
// Were supposed to be keeping quiet about Makai being involved in this
> Don't mention the demon bandit, just say "someone else" let her ask if she really cares
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 04, 2019, 09:17:59 pm
// Were supposed to be keeping quiet about Makai being involved in this
//1. Proof requested.
//2. You were the one who mentioned daemons.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 04, 2019, 09:28:01 pm
// http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21454.msg1409356.html#msg1409356
// Back on Youkai Mountain Louise didn't want us mentioning Makai, we don't know if she should trust her yet
// Sorry, my mistake
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 04, 2019, 09:31:06 pm
//It seems to me Louise didn't want us mentioning that SHE was from Makai. I do not see the problem with mentioning the demon bandit.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 04, 2019, 09:44:46 pm
// Alright then say that unaltered (skip my edit)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 04, 2019, 10:00:25 pm
> "She sure left in a hurry!"
> "Sorry for not introducing myself, I'm Rumia!"
> Let the rest of our party introduce themselves

> "Well; she's spent most of the last 500 years locked in the basement for her own safety..." the vampire says.

> "Remilia Scarlet."

> The others haven't approached to introduce themselves.

>"Ah, sorry for calling her that then. The power I felt coming from her just reminded me of a demon bandit I met once..."

> "A daemon bandit?" the vampire muses. "I wonder..."

> A small orb of red energy flies from her hand into the mansion.

> "It shall take a while for them to arrive to confirm my suspicions. Patchouli is having a bad day... it's probobly why she couldn't conjure the rain in time to stop her..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 04, 2019, 10:02:44 pm
>"Them...?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 04, 2019, 10:04:48 pm
> "Rain..."
> Then towards Kogasa
> "Do you think you can make it rain?"

> Quick check on Mayina
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 04, 2019, 10:09:40 pm
>Before asking Kogasa:
>"What was the rain for anyway?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 05, 2019, 08:17:36 pm
>"Them...?"

> "Patchouli and her servant." Remilia says.

> "Rain..."
> Then towards Kogasa
> "Do you think you can make it rain?"

> Quick check on Mayina

>Before asking Kogasa:
>"What was the rain for anyway?"

> "Naturally flowing water is a weakness of Vampires." Remilia says. "Patchouli can conjure rainclouds to create rain; which would have stopped my sister leaving. However; she was too fast. Someone tampered with her seal so she caught us off-guard..."

> Kogasa shakes her head and umbrella. "I can't make it actually rain, I can just do some water magic."

> Mayina's ice block seems to be shrinking still, it looks like he will thaw in the new few minutes.

> Two figures come out of the mansion, one by one.

> The first is floating above the ground, and looks sickly and pale. She also seems to be wearing pajamas of some sort.

> "This is Patchouli Knowledge." Remilia introduces.

> The lady in purple coughs weakly.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2554/69f7f41bebfb22fd2efdc416e4cd83790f91766d.jpg)
Patchouli Knowledge
Elementalist of Fragile Health

> Following the sickly purplette, is a figure that you can immediately tell is a Koa daemon, and, judgeing from her attire, must be one serving someone.

> "And this is Koakuma; Patchouli's assistant." Remilia says, with a smirk that reveals one of her fangs.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2572/40004bd01b050ffa8618843597698ee904e17689.jpg)
> Koakuma
> Contracted Daemon

> The maid in blue from before... appears as well. Out of thin air next to Remilia. She looks like she's been in a fight. Minor marks on her and her outfit and hair out of place somewhat. You note her eyes shine somewhat red, unlike earlier.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 05, 2019, 08:43:38 pm
> "Huh, so she was sealed and her seal was tampered?"
> That sounds familiar...
> "Wouldn't that mean someone broke into your mansion?"
> "We can look for her, she might be in trouble if she had to stay in the mansion for her own safety like you said.  Isn't sunlight bad for vampire Youkai?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 05, 2019, 09:27:48 pm
> "Huh, so she was sealed and her seal was tampered?"
> That sounds familiar...
> "Wouldn't that mean someone broke into your mansion?"
> "We can look for her, she might be in trouble if she had to stay in the mansion for her own safety like you said.  Isn't sunlight bad for vampire Youkai?"

> Remilia crosses her arms. "Well; it seems one of those Phantoms appeared in my basement and tampered with the seal; thinking it was the one that they were looking for, which allowed my sister to break free. Since it just appeared there, we were not aware of the intruder until it was too late."

> The gatekeeper sighs in relief hearing it wasn't her failure.

> "That's why she's kept inside. Flandre isn't the most stable person. She's a danger to others, and also herself. You can do as you please, but I would not recommend approaching her."

> The female daemon is looking, confused, at the ice block across the lake.

> "Is that another daemon?" she asks.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 05, 2019, 09:54:24 pm
>"Yeah. His name is Mayina, and he's currently in exile for his ex-master's actions. It's a long story, but he's pretty much my responsibility from now on. Do you know him?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 05, 2019, 10:16:38 pm
> "Wait do you know which seal they were looking for if your sister's wasn't the right one?"
> Uh oh we might be a target ... and releasing the seal on us too fast will be fatal...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 06, 2019, 06:42:33 pm
>"Yeah. His name is Mayina, and he's currently in exile for his ex-master's actions. It's a long story, but he's pretty much my responsibility from now on. Do you know him?"

> "No; but I've not seen one of my own kind for a few centuries." the daemon says.

> "Wait do you know which seal they were looking for if your sister's wasn't the right one?"
> Uh oh we might be a target ... and releasing the seal on us too fast will be fatal...

> "I know that those things are from Makai." Remilia says; indicating the female daemon. "Patchouli told me all about how she summoned her, and we've looked into Makai when looking into history concerning Vampirism. It's obvious that they were looking for the seal between Makai and Gensokyo."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 06, 2019, 07:33:22 pm
> "Ahh..."
> Be relieved they aren't looking for us

> "So you know how to make magical contracts?"
> Point to Mayina
> "He's going to be in trouble when he thaws since he will run out of energy and won't be able to fly or defend himself and will start aging like humans.  Also things have been very dangerous since this last incident started since the rules aren't being followed and I don't want him getting killed or dying of old age"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 06, 2019, 11:55:00 pm
> "Ahh..."
> Be relieved they aren't looking for us

> "So you know how to make magical contracts?"
> Point to Mayina
> "He's going to be in trouble when he thaws since he will run out of energy and won't be able to fly or defend himself and will start aging like humans.  Also things have been very dangerous since this last incident started since the rules aren't being followed and I don't want him getting killed or dying of old age"

> "Yes..." Patchouli says weakly.

> "He won't start rapidly ageing or anything. He'd have the same lifespan. Deamons live a long time, but we're not ageless." the female daemon explains. "Magic or not."

> "Besides... you are clearly too weak to support him..." Patchouli says, before coughing. "And I cannot support a second daemon. If I attempted to do so on a day like today the strain would likely be fatal."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 07, 2019, 12:08:11 am
>"I'll get stronger if I have to."
>Shrug.
>"I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 07, 2019, 12:17:42 am
> "Though I'm not sure what methods there are to getting stronger..."
> Do we know anything about faith or how it works?

> We still need to prevent Mayina from dying especially since there's no afterlife for him, just erasure...
> Quick check on ice melting
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 07, 2019, 08:49:07 pm
>"I'll get stronger if I have to."
>Shrug.
>"I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose..."

> "Though I'm not sure what methods there are to getting stronger..."
> Do we know anything about faith or how it works?

> We still need to prevent Mayina from dying especially since there's no afterlife for him, just erasure...
> Quick check on ice melting

> "Well; I'm not expert on the matter. Vampires are created with an immense amount of innate power. We hardly need to hone our skills. Flandre hasn't practiced or trained a day of her life, and yet she's strong enough that her escape is an incident-level event." Remilia states proudly.

> You vaguely know that Gods run on Faith; back from the Bunbunmaru during that whole incident, as well as the fighting festivals somewhat recently which were largely about gathering faith. You even watched some of those fights. Some weird girl who spoke funny invited you to do so.

> You don't think you can do something about his natural lifespan, but making sure he dosen't get killed is probobly a good idea.

> The ice is almost melted. You note that Mystia and Wriggle and both standing next to it clearly ready to react if he is hostile.

[OOC: Reference to Rumia being in the Mausoleum stage's background. The stage usually associated with Futo. Futo didn't tell Rumia her name... at least in a manner that Rumia understood given Futo's old-fashioned way of speaking]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 07, 2019, 09:15:16 pm
> Make mental note to learn more about faith as it might help us get stronger (and in turn help Mayina)

> "We'll look out for your sister then"
> Politely bow and fly over to where Mayina is and be ready for him to finish thawing
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 07, 2019, 10:12:15 pm
> Make mental note to learn more about faith as it might help us get stronger (and in turn help Mayina)

> "We'll look out for your sister then"
> Politely bow and fly over to where Mayina is and be ready for him to finish thawing

> "I suggest you be very careful if you do spot her. Her ability is Destruction." Remilia warns. "It's just as terrifying as it sounds. I shall also send out search parties. Meiling and Patchouli shall remain here. I shall personally look as well."

> "If you could warn those three youkai over there as well." Sakuya says. "Every moment we wait here is another that the Young Mistress could be causing trouble."

> Remilia and Sakuya both fly off, with Koakuma, after Patchouli nods, following them.

> You fly over to where the others are, more or less as Mayina thaws enough that the ice cannot support him anymore; and he falls onto his face in a pool of ice shards and water.

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 07, 2019, 10:33:24 pm
>Help him up before he drowns in a puddle.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 07, 2019, 10:51:11 pm
> "Hey there!"

// Also it was explained earlier that Daemons cannot age as long as they have a source of energy (the second bit where Mayina says "and that disregards any daemons serving a powerful being in another world")
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21454.msg1411468.html#msg1411468 (https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21454.msg1411468.html#msg1411468)
> Louise ignores the provocation. "Daemons cannot die of age. Not within Makai; at least. It's not uncommon for daemons seeking a peaceful death to leave Makai to do so, no longer sustained by the Maisma. Not that we keel over and die in a few days outside of Makai. It would take years, decades. The daemon would still live a life. It's most appropriate to compare a daemon living out of Makai to a Human. Especially as their magical power would be finite without an outside source. If they use the magic they brought with them... that's it."

> "And that disregards any daemons serving a powerful being in another world. Those ones leech off their master's magical power." Mayina states flatly. "If I recall, another of my kind is contracted in Gensokyo."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 08, 2019, 08:11:47 pm
// Also it was explained earlier that Daemons cannot age as long as they have a source of energy (the second bit where Mayina says "and that disregards any daemons serving a powerful being in another world")
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21454.msg1411468.html#msg1411468 (https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21454.msg1411468.html#msg1411468)

OCC: In Makai. Their natural habitat. Koakuma has been in Gensokyo long enough to be aware of otherwise. Mayina even says daemons leave Makai if they wish to die. Once daemons reach adulthood in Makai they basically stop ageing [Barring apperance changes if they ascend to a higher rank]

>Help him up before he drowns in a puddle.

> You help Mayina up; before noticing he's still unconscious. So you roll him over to avoid him drowning. You decide not to greet an unconscious being.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 08, 2019, 09:12:25 pm
> Check pulse?
> Is his temperature still freezing cold?

> "Maybe a splash of water will do the trick again?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 08, 2019, 09:49:52 pm
> Check pulse?
> Is his temperature still freezing cold?

> "Maybe a splash of water will do the trick again?"

> You feel a pulse.

> He's not freezing cold; but certainly chilly.

> Kogasa splashes the deamon on the face with some water magic again in response to your suggestion. His eyes briefly open then he closes them again, shivering a little.

> "He's still cold..." Daiyousei says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 08, 2019, 10:09:58 pm
> Move him somewhere dry
> "Maybe a weak laser will warm him"
> Use a wide range but very weak laser to warm him up, should be weak enough not to hurt but still emit warmth, if the width of the laser doesn't cover him use multiple lasers
> Stop if he shows signs of discomfort
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 09, 2019, 06:42:44 pm
> Move him somewhere dry
> "Maybe a weak laser will warm him"
> Use a wide range but very weak laser to warm him up, should be weak enough not to hurt but still emit warmth, if the width of the laser doesn't cover him use multiple lasers
> Stop if he shows signs of discomfort

> You move him against a tree.

> There seems to be little effect from a ray weak enough to not do harm.

[It's like attempting to warm up someone with a torch. Simply won't work]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 09, 2019, 06:47:33 pm
>"Nobody here has a blanket or something, do they?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 09, 2019, 07:10:29 pm
> Are there fallen branches nearby we can gather and light on fire?  If so gather and light them using a laser
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 11, 2019, 11:22:22 pm
>"Nobody here has a blanket or something, do they?"

> "Nope." Wriggle says.

> Are there fallen branches nearby we can gather and light on fire?  If so gather and light them using a laser

> Not many, but you easily add a few. You then start a small fire, being careful to not set anything else alight.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 11, 2019, 11:50:28 pm
> Move Mayina closer to the fire if he is too far away
> Wait and see what happens
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 12, 2019, 05:28:20 pm
> Move Mayina closer to the fire if he is too far away
> Wait and see what happens

> His shivering lessens, but he is still unconcious and chilly. Improving however.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 12, 2019, 07:45:36 pm
> Try and add more sticks to the fire
> Can't do anything but wait
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 13, 2019, 05:06:07 pm
> Try and add more sticks to the fire
> Can't do anything but wait

> You chuck a few more sticks and small branches to the fire.

> You figure it probobly takes a little while to recover from being frozen. Cirno's probobly the expert here.

> The fact you thought of Cirno as an expert in anything just now sent a shiver down your spine.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 13, 2019, 05:37:15 pm
> Shivers ... haha

> "Huh, still unconscious..."
> "Hey Cirno, how long does it take for a frog to start moving again after it thaws?"

> Have we ever been given a frozen frog?
> Have we ever been accidentally frozen?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 13, 2019, 07:02:27 pm
> Shivers ... haha

> "Huh, still unconscious..."
> "Hey Cirno, how long does it take for a frog to start moving again after it thaws?"

> Have we ever been given a frozen frog?
> Have we ever been accidentally frozen?

> "It depends." Cirno says. "The longer they were frozen the longer they take to wake up. If I didn't break em getting them out of the ice."

> Cirno has given you frozen frogs before. She seems to think you eat them. You gave up telling her otherwise.

> No. Cirno's actually pretty good at controlling her powers, especially for a fairy. That said, she has frozen you intentionally once, not full-body; just to the ground when cheating in tag. It still wasn't a nice thing, and your feet felt icy for hours after.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 13, 2019, 07:50:04 pm
> "Is that so~?  Well he has been frozen for a few hours"

> Does Cirno ever get in trouble for freezing frogs?  Are the rumors true about being eaten by the giant toad?

> Also how did we cheat in tag?  Our abilities are not even remotely useful in tag, in fact a sphere of darkness alerts others to our presence
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on February 13, 2019, 08:27:00 pm
//I think Raikara meant that Cirno was cheating at tag instead of Rumia.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 13, 2019, 08:33:45 pm
// Ahh didn't understand, just skip that
// Cirno gives new meaning to freeze tag

> Also could Cirno defeat Reimu by freezing her or does being magically stronger make you immune to freezing [OCC: In GFW you can freeze regular enemies but not midbosses/bosses]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 14, 2019, 06:32:37 pm
> "Is that so~?  Well he has been frozen for a few hours"

> Does Cirno ever get in trouble for freezing frogs?  Are the rumors true about being eaten by the giant toad?

> "Then he's probobly really cold inside still." Cirno says. "The frogs don't move for a while if they've been ice for a while."

> Claim once claimed, while looking for daidarabotchi; she found some sort of Frog-God.

> Also could Cirno defeat Reimu by freezing her or does being magically stronger make you immune to freezing [OCC: In GFW you can freeze regular enemies but not midbosses/bosses]

> Even assumeing Cirno managed to land a freeze on Reimu in the first place and she didn't do anything to stop herself getting frozen by Cirno, Reimu could probobly just use Fantasy Heaven and fly out of reality and therefor the ice. [Reimu made it pretty clear to youkai who doubted the need for the spellcard rules that they had no chance of defeating her without them; so Reimu's Fantasy-Heaven is a very well-known skill of Reimu's]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 14, 2019, 07:20:30 pm
> Try shifting the darkness inside of him, like think of darknening various parts of him, see if we get any responses
> Condense our darkness and look at him with night sight, anything interesting?
> Have we ever accidentally or intentionally formed a barrier inside of someone?  Maybe when hunting?

> "Do you know of any way to warm the frogs up faster?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 14, 2019, 10:25:06 pm
> Try shifting the darkness inside of him, like think of darknening various parts of him, see if we get any responses
> Condense our darkness and look at him with night sight, anything interesting?
> Have we ever accidentally or intentionally formed a barrier inside of someone?  Maybe when hunting?

> "Do you know of any way to warm the frogs up faster?"

> Nothing happens.

> He is very faint when looking with your night sight. Fainter than everyone else. You are unsure if this is a cold thing or a deamon thing.

> You can't form a barrier somewhere you cannot see.

> "Why would I do that?" Cirno asks.

> "Rub them?" Daiyousei suggests.

> "Don't..." the daemon groans faintly.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 14, 2019, 10:33:53 pm
>"Oh! You're awake!"
>Kneel down near him.
>"How are you feeling?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 14, 2019, 10:54:03 pm
> Wait for him to finish what he's saying before saying anything

> Can we form the barrier partially visible and partially clipping inside something?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 14, 2019, 11:00:24 pm
> Wait for him to finish what he's saying before saying anything

> Can we form the barrier partially visible and partially clipping inside something?

> Don't appears to be all he has to say.

> No.

>"Oh! You're awake!"
>Kneel down near him.
>"How are you feeling?"

> "Sick. Cold." the daemon says weakly. His eyes are still closed, and after getting closer you spot his eyelashes are frosted together, albeit thawing.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 14, 2019, 11:09:40 pm
> Make sure the fire is still burning, stoke it and add more logs as needed
> "Just focus on getting warmer"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 15, 2019, 09:29:24 pm
> Make sure the fire is still burning, stoke it and add more logs as needed
> "Just focus on getting warmer"

> The male demon grunts, nor sounding very enthusiastic.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 16, 2019, 02:07:31 am
> Wait until he gets warmer
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 16, 2019, 07:12:24 pm
> Wait until he gets warmer

> You wait.

> "What's that thing? It looks a little like that thing Patchi keeps with her~" a voice rings from behind you.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 16, 2019, 07:51:10 pm
>Turn to the source of the voice
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 16, 2019, 09:48:40 pm
> Realize he is probably referring to Mayina since we saw a daemon with Patchouli

// Party (who's with us)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 17, 2019, 01:16:50 pm
> Realize he is probably referring to Mayina since we saw a daemon with Patchouli

// Party (who's with us)

> You figure the voice probobly means Mayina.

> Mayina, Kogasa; Wriggle; Mystia; Daiyousei and Cirno.

>Turn to the source of the voice

> You turn to see... someone who looks surprisingly similar to yourself?

> She's blonde, in a dress, about the same size as you and has red eyes. She's even wearing a hat with a red ribbon on it that co-incidentally is around the same location as your ribbon is on your head. If you had the same clothes as her you'd probobly be able to imitate the girl rather well.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2572/9e1e39e412140c1402a2d6bdc89310e99028828d.png)

[Ofc I find a Yellow-eyed picture when I say red but I like the wings so :P]

> You cannot help but realize the things dangling on her... wings[?] look remarkably similar to that fake crystal you made in Makai.

> "That looks like Patchy's familiar but it's wings are kinda like my sis'." the girl says, now pointing at Mayina. "What is it?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 17, 2019, 05:00:07 pm
>"It is a he. And he's the same species of that lady with the red hair and head wings."

>"I'm Rumia, by the way. Who might you be?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 17, 2019, 08:14:11 pm
> Sis?  She also knows Patchouli?  Must be Remilia's sister!  Don't have to find her, since she found us
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 17, 2019, 09:19:02 pm
>"It is a he. And he's the same species of that lady with the red hair and head wings."

>"I'm Rumia, by the way. Who might you be?"

> "Oh? I thought he might be a Vampire... if he was a male vampire I'd tear him limb from limb." the girl says, switching from cheery to deathly without warning.

> She becomes cheery again when you ask who she is.

> "I'm Flandre!" she says, looking around at the others.

> She points at the two fairies. "Why aren't you guys in your maid outfits?"

> "Maid?" Cirno says, confused.

> "We don't work in the mansion..." Daiyousei says, putting together what Flandre was asking.

> Flandre lands, and looks at you curiously.

> "You look kinda like me. I think. Last picture was drawn for me looked kinda like you. It was a fairy who drew it however..."

> Flandre giggles.

> "It's hard to tell what you look like when you don't have a reflection~"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 17, 2019, 09:56:43 pm
> "Yep, we do look alike! You also have a ribbon?" (Point at ours)
> "What do you mean you don't have a reflection?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 17, 2019, 10:23:25 pm
>"I like your wings. You know, they kinda remind me of a type of crystal I recently learned about."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 17, 2019, 10:41:27 pm
> "Yep, we do look alike! You also have a ribbon?" (Point at ours)
> "What do you mean you don't have a reflection?"

> "Mine's on my hat however..." Flandre says.

> "Vampires don't have reflections."

>"I like your wings. You know, they kinda remind me of a type of crystal I recently learned about."

> "I don't know why they're different from my sis'. They're useful, they store my energy. Sis says I'd explode every now and then without them. I wouldn't die from it, but it would be annoying to randomly explode!"

> "I hear Vampires are crazy strong, it makes sense..." Mystia remarks.

> "So strong they'd explode if they did nothing?" Wriggle asks.

> "Well, all the strength of a vampire has to go somewhere, right?"

> Flandre looks at Wriggle and Mystia looking a little amused at their conversation.

> She looks back to you, touches the ribbon on her hat, and hen looks at yours, reaching out a hand.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 17, 2019, 10:48:45 pm
>Back away slightly.
>"Er... do be careful with mine. It's actually a complex seal that could kill me if removed improperly. I don't want to damage or tamper with it further until I figure out why it's on me in the first place..."

>Wait for approval/rejection/possible alternative wordings

//I don't want Flan McBlowsThingsUp messing wth the ribbon... do you think this wording seems okay Tom?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 17, 2019, 11:39:47 pm
> Agree, though change "damage or tamper with it further" to "mess with it" to not self incriminate as it implies we have already tampered with it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 17, 2019, 11:48:25 pm
>Back away slightly.
>"Er... do be careful with mine. It's actually a complex seal that could kill me if removed improperly. I don't want to damage or tamper with it further until I figure out why it's on me in the first place..."

>Wait for approval/rejection/possible alternative wordings

//I don't want Flan McBlowsThingsUp messing wth the ribbon... do you think this wording seems okay Tom?

> Agree, though change "damage or tamper with it further" to "mess with it" to not self incriminate as it implies we have already tampered with it

> Flandre's eyes light up when you say it's a seal.

> "Complex? Simple? Seals are made to be broken..." she says, continuing to reach. "I can break it... I'm good at breaking things..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 17, 2019, 11:58:33 pm
> "Of course I want to remove it!  Its not safe right now though!"  Pull back a bit after saying that
> Point at the seal
> "You see it is likely one of the most complicated seals that exists, its actually hundreds of interlocked seals that form a much larger seal.  Also every seal is connected to some part of me which means that if the seal is damaged it will end up hurting me.  I have to find a way to "unweave" it from myself before I can remove it, if you just destroyed it right now while its still linked to me it would kill me instantly"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 18, 2019, 01:01:55 am
>"B-besides I want to figure out why I was sealed before I go about undoing this. I could've been sealed for a good reason for all i know..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 18, 2019, 05:51:28 pm
> "Of course I want to remove it!  Its not safe right now though!"  Pull back a bit after saying that
> Point at the seal
> "You see it is likely one of the most complicated seals that exists, its actually hundreds of interlocked seals that form a much larger seal.  Also every seal is connected to some part of me which means that if the seal is damaged it will end up hurting me.  I have to find a way to "unweave" it from myself before I can remove it, if you just destroyed it right now while its still linked to me it would kill me instantly"

> Flandre looks confused.

> "Are you sure that isn't something you've been told just so you're a good little girl?" she asks.

>"B-besides I want to figure out why I was sealed before I go about undoing this. I could've been sealed for a good reason for all i know..."

> Flandre looks displeased.

> "That's what my Sis says to me... 'It's for your own good Flan'. It's not for my good; it's for her good. She thinks I'm an embarrassment to her fancy attitude, or I'll break something important, or I'll cause trouble."

> She retracts her hand and looks like she's pouting, arms crossed and all.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 18, 2019, 06:06:58 pm
> "Yeah I'm sure it is so.  Don't worry though I'm still researching how to remove it and why it's there"
> "Have you talked to her at all about how you feel?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 18, 2019, 06:32:04 pm
> "Are you sure that isn't something you've been told just so you're a good little girl?" she asks.
//Response to this.

>After Tom, (or anywhere where it can be nicely inserted)
>"And a goddess told me, and even undid a tiny part of the seal too. Before today I couldn't even see in the dark, and I'm a youkai of darkness..."
>Frown.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 18, 2019, 07:11:06 pm
> We are the Youkai of Darkness (not a)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 18, 2019, 08:04:29 pm
> "Yeah I'm sure it is so.  Don't worry though I'm still researching how to remove it and why it's there"
> "Have you talked to her at all about how you feel?"

> "Research? That's booooring..."  Flandre and Cirno say in unison. This causes Flandre to look at the fairy surprised for a moment.

> "That just makes her insist it's for my own good..."

//Response to this.

>After Tom, (or anywhere where it can be nicely inserted)
>"And a goddess told me, and even undid a tiny part of the seal too. Before today I couldn't even see in the dark, and I'm the youkai of darkness..."
>Frown.

> "A Goddess? I'm not big on religion. I'm a Vampire after all. Do people still burn others over that or put them on spikes?" Flandre asks with surprising innocence for talking about impalement.

> "What does a youkai of darkness do anyway?" Flandre asks. "Vampires suck blood and have incredible abilities like my Sis and I. Sis says I'd hurt people too bad if I tried to play with them because I'm a Vampire, but she dosen't hurt people..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 18, 2019, 08:23:53 pm
> "Quite the opposite, she is like a mother to everyone there"
> "Well as the Darkness Youkai I constantly emit darkness, and I'm not a big fan of sunlight"  condense darkness sphere and expand it to demonstrate
> "Oh and I can also form barriers like a shrine maiden though I'm not sure why" form a ring barrier on our finger and rotate it to demonstrate
> "You're probably much stronger than me since you're a vampire and I'm sealed"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 18, 2019, 10:12:49 pm
> "Quite the opposite, she is like a mother to everyone there"
> "Well as the Darkness Youkai I constantly emit darkness, and I'm not a big fan of sunlight"  condense darkness sphere and expand it to demonstrate
> "Oh and I can also form barriers like a shrine maiden though I'm not sure why" form a ring barrier on our finger and rotate it to demonstrate
> "You're probably much stronger than me since you're a vampire and I'm sealed"

> "That dosen't answer my question..." Flandre says, pouting again.

> Flandre looks fascinated by your display of darkness.

> "That's just a magic spell." Mystia reminds you. "Making a simple defensive barrier isn't that hard."

> "Since you're sealed? That sounds like an excuse... maybe I should break it to find out!" Flandre says excitedly.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 18, 2019, 10:37:52 pm
> "No one burns anyone or puts them on spikes just for being a vampire.  That's just wrong!"
> "Unsure if its a spell since I don't remember learning it."
> "I don't think being a ghost will make me stronger"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 18, 2019, 11:32:44 pm
> "No one burns anyone or puts them on spikes just for being a vampire.  That's just wrong!"
> "Unsure if its a spell since I don't remember learning it."
> "I don't think being a ghost will make me stronger"

> "No no, people did those things to people who didn't believe in the religions they did. They did all sorts of horrible things. I wonder if faith still makes people do those things..." Flandre says.

> "Well; it's one of your spell cards." Mystia says. "Maybe it's something you knew before that you kept."

> Flandre thinks about this, and then nods and backs off from the ribbon again.

[OCC: Fortunately Flandre is unaware of people like Youmu and Yuyuko.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 18, 2019, 11:51:12 pm
> "I don't think vampires are excluded from religion nowadays!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 19, 2019, 12:05:47 am
> "I don't think vampires are excluded from religion nowadays!"

> Flandre looks frustrated. "I guess the fact you don't seem to know what I'm asking means people stopped doing those things, just because someone thinks different."

> "If I recall from the Bunbunmaru interviews, the people in the Mansion come from far far away. Maybe their home is different to Gensokyo." Wriggle says.

> "Oh yeah, Sis did say we moved somewhere. A few times." Flandre says. "What was that place we came from called again..."

> The vampire looks to be thinking quite hard for a few moments.

> "Wallachia, that's it! And now we're in some place called Gensokyo that's in... uh... Japan. Never heard of either of those before Sis told me we were moving here."

> "Never heard of it." Wriggle and Mystia say in unison.

[OCC: For those unversed in Romanian history; Wallachia was effectively the predecessor state to Romania. Remilia wouldn't claim to be the daughter of Tepes without at least claiming to come from the country Vlad ruled after all!

Now how much of what Remilia says and has told Flandre is true or not; that's up to you, or to look into IC if the chance arises.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 19, 2019, 12:10:38 am
> "Huh outsiders?  I hear there's no such thing as magic in the outside world and that Youkai like us don't exist"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 19, 2019, 12:11:23 am
> "Huh outsiders?  I hear there's no such thing as magic in the outside world and that Youkai like us don't exist"

> "I dunno, I've been in the basement for most of the last 500 years." Flandre states.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 19, 2019, 01:32:51 am
> "So this is your first time outside in Gensokyo?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 19, 2019, 06:10:11 pm
> "So this is your first time outside in Gensokyo?"

> "Well there was one time I was let into the garden to break a big rock that was falling." Flandre says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 19, 2019, 07:23:06 pm
> "Were you able to break the rock?"
> "You should really get out more!  Does sunlight hurt vampires though?"
> "Do you want me to talk to your sister to try and convince her to let you out more?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 19, 2019, 07:57:59 pm
> "Were you able to break the rock?"
> "You should really get out more!  Does sunlight hurt vampires though?"
> "Do you want me to talk to your sister to try and convince her to let you out more?"

> "Yeah, I just needed to find the right spot to focus on, and I close my hand and it blew up." Flandre says. "That's how my power works. I destroy."

> "Sis says that's why I can't go out..." Flandre says.

> "She dosen't listen to anyone." the vampire responds.  "And she's really good at talking fancy. Her power helps too, she can mess with people's fates..."

> Flandre suddenly looks like she had an idea, and then looks annoyed. "What if she made it my fate to be in that basement!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 19, 2019, 08:27:03 pm
> "Don't be silly, you can change your fate!  Just because your sister can change other people's fates doesn't mean you can't change your own"
> "Is sunlight bad for vampires?  Maybe that's why she doesn't want you outside?  In fact I don't think I've ever seen her outside before today"
> "What do you mean by the right spot to focus on?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 19, 2019, 11:30:08 pm
> "Don't be silly, you can change your fate!  Just because your sister can change other people's fates doesn't mean you can't change your own"
> "Is sunlight bad for vampires?  Maybe that's why she doesn't want you outside?  In fact I don't think I've ever seen her outside before today"
> "What do you mean by the right spot to focus on?"

> "Sis dosen't tell me the limits of her powers."

> "We burn up and die. At least; Sis says so. I've never seen it."

> "A spot where if I focus my energy, it makes things break."

> Flandre turns to a nearby tree, and closes her eyes with her right hand out, palm towards the sky. A few moments later, she opens her eyes; closes her palm and says 'Quu'.

> The tree immediately turns to a pile of ash that scatters into the air, before vanishing to nothing.

> "I think that's more than breaking..." Mystia says.

> Wriggle watches the insects that lived in the tree fall to the ground [unharmed due to their low mass] mildly annoyed. "Can we not encourage her to destroy insect habitats?" she complains.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 19, 2019, 11:41:11 pm
> "Interesting, can you focus on something without breaking it?  Just to separate out breakable parts of it or see if it's breakable?  Like on that tree could you have broken just a single leaf or a small branch instead of the whole thing?"

> "Ouch!  And I though I was sensitive to sunlight!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 19, 2019, 11:41:29 pm
>"Sorry, Wriggle!"
>How's our Daemoncicle?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 19, 2019, 11:46:29 pm
> "Interesting, can you focus on something without breaking it?  Just to separate out breakable parts of it or see if it's breakable?  Like on that tree could you have broken just a single leaf or a branch instead of the whole thing?"

> "Ouch!  And I though I was sensitive to sunlight!"

> "If I focus my magic on something, it breaks." Flandre says. "Everything breaks." Flandre promptly destroys a leaf. You note she didn't even have to close her eyes to do that. Just make the hand motion and look at it.

> "What happens with you in the sun?" Flande asks.

>"Sorry, Wriggle!"
>How's our Daemoncicle?

> "You didn't know she'd do that..." the insect sighs.

> Not moved yet, but you can just about make out a few words he's slurring and grumbleing. "Daemon... powerful... how..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 19, 2019, 11:53:29 pm
// Rumia could easily get along with Flandre or Remilia because of darkness manipulation

> "How did you select differentiate between the leaf and tree?  Do you focus on the shape or the idea of an object?"
> "Well it hurts my eyes and irritates my skin, so I always surround myself in darkness"

> Keep listening for words Mayina says
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 20, 2019, 05:05:37 pm
// Rumia could easily get along with Flandre or Remilia because of darkness manipulation

> "How did you select differentiate between the leaf and tree?  Do you focus on the shape or the idea of an object?"
> "Well it hurts my eyes and irritates my skin, so I always surround myself in darkness"

> Keep listening for words Mayina says

> "I just focus on the leaf." Flandre answers.

> "That's it?" the vampire says, almost disappointed.

> The daemon keeps murmuring. You hear him say 'vampires'.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 20, 2019, 05:30:22 pm
> "Well I haven't actually been in the sunlight for a long time because I can create darkness"

> "Can you focus on more abstract things like a tree's shadow?"

> Continue listening for words Mayina says as it might give us some insight to his personality and desires
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 21, 2019, 08:16:29 pm
> "Well I haven't actually been in the sunlight for a long time because I can create darkness"

> "Can you focus on more abstract things like a tree's shadow?"

> Continue listening for words Mayina says as it might give us some insight to his personality and desires

> "That sounds like a useful ability." Flandre says.

> "No. It has to be something that can break. A shadow can't break." Flandre says after thinking for a moment.

> The male daemon appears to have passed out again now. Or is resting.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 21, 2019, 08:22:47 pm
> "I guess... it doesn't really make me strong but it's funny to prank people with!"
> Take the rock we have in our pocket and put it inside a darkness barrier and hover it a short distance away
> "How about what's inside the darkness?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 21, 2019, 10:38:07 pm
> "I guess... it doesn't really make me strong but it's funny to prank people with!"
> Take the rock we have in our pocket and put it inside a darkness barrier and hover it a short distance away
> "How about what's inside the darkness?"

> The rock falls through the darkness, as the barrier is designed to keep the darkness in it's shape, not carry a rock against the will of gravity.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 21, 2019, 10:45:06 pm
// Shouldn't a barrier strong enough to stop a fleeing human be able to hold a little rock up?

> Form the barrier around the fallen rock and ask Flandre to break it again
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 23, 2019, 02:57:16 pm
// Shouldn't a barrier strong enough to stop a fleeing human be able to hold a little rock up?

> Form the barrier around the fallen rock and ask Flandre to break it again

// It's not the same barrier, as it's a different barrier to make the darkness orb [That's Demaration, a barrier between the light and dark to make the darkness a sphere shape and not get wrecked by any light.]. Also Flandre can see in the dark stupidly well on account of both being a Vampire and living in a dark basement for ~500 years. There is also a difference between making a stationary wall something for someone to bump into and transporting something, a mobile barrier.

> You make a generic barrier around the rock; without the darkness sphere. Flandre seemingly effortlessly breaks the rock inside the barrier.

OCC: Busy next few days.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 23, 2019, 06:41:53 pm
// Ahh so we have 2 kinds of barriers, light/dark and physical, didn't understand
> Pocket another nearby rock so we have one on us
> "Cool, your ability seems much more useful than mine"
> "Have your ever tried to create something by destroying parts of it?  I know it sounds a little counter intuitive but that's how sculpting works"
> "Like with this rock, see if you can destroy the edges to make it a smooth sphere"
> Give her another rock, preferably one that's not spherical
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 24, 2019, 05:08:55 pm
// Ahh so we have 2 kinds of barriers, light/dark and physical, didn't understand
> Pocket another nearby rock so we have one on us
> "Cool, your ability seems much more useful than mine"
> "Have your ever tried to create something by destroying parts of it?  I know it sounds a little counter intuitive but that's how sculpting works"
> "Like with this rock, see if you can destroy the edges to make it a smooth sphere"
> Give her another rock, preferably one that's not spherical

> Flandre shakes her head.

> "I destroy things in wholes. Whole rocks; whole trees; whole branches; whole leaves. To destroy I have to focus my power into a specific point. Anywhere else dosen't work." the vampire says.

> Flandre looks at the rock and smirks.

> "Although as a Vampire..."

> Her nails suddenly grow, and she moves her hands with incredible speed. When she stops; you see the rock is a smooth sphere.

> "A rock is no match for my physical abilities. Vampires are in the top class of all youkai, as my Sister says so often."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on February 24, 2019, 07:28:06 pm
>"That's neat! What else can vampires do?"
>Is Mayina still unconcious?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 24, 2019, 09:45:24 pm
> "Wow, imagine what else you can make!  Might be easier to use wood though"
> "How about something more complicated like this?"
> Form a ring barrier and point to it
> "It might help to reuse the sphere you made to carve the ring, since basically you need to cut a hole through the middle and round the edges"  Point out on the barrier with our hands what we mean
> If we can form a sphere barrier and slowly shift it to a ring barrier to show what we mean

> Can we grow our nails?  Did we use any similar abilities for hunting or did we win by raw strength?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 24, 2019, 11:29:44 pm
>"That's neat! What else can vampires do?"
>Is Mayina still unconcious?

> Flandre turns into a bat, before turning back into her regular form.

> He appears to be. Either that or sleeping.

> "Wow, imagine what else you can make!  Might be easier to use wood though"
> "How about something more complicated like this?"
> Form a ring barrier and point to it
> "It might help to reuse the sphere you made to carve the ring, since basically you need to cut a hole through the middle and round the edges"  Point out on the barrier with our hands what we mean
> If we can form a sphere barrier and slowly shift it to a ring barrier to show what we mean

> Can we grow our nails?  Did we use any similar abilities for hunting or did we win by raw strength?

> Flandre looks a little bemused; before she carves a hole out of the sphere by using one of her nails.

> No, you assume it's like a cat sheathing it's claws for the vampire. Mystia has long nails as well and says they're talons.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 25, 2019, 03:29:01 am
> "Try and think of other interesting things you would want to make, like a statue or a toy"
> "So what else do you want to do before sunrise now that you are out of the house?  We were checking on the daemon and getting ready to go to the forest of magic before we found you"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 26, 2019, 08:47:46 pm
> "Try and think of other interesting things you would want to make, like a statue or a toy"
> "So what else do you want to do before sunrise now that you are out of the house?  We were checking on the daemon and getting ready to go to the forest of magic before we found you"

> "I don't feel like it; that's boring." Flandre says.

> Flandre seems to think for a few moments, and then looks at the two fairies.

> "Sis says the fairies in the mansion keep goofing off and playing games like tag and hide-and-seek. Do you fairies do that?" Flandre asks.

> "All the time!" Cirno says. "I'm the best at every game!"

> "Aren't Sunny, Luna and Star much better at hide and see..." Dai starts

> "Eye'm the best!"

> The young vampire seems interested.

> "Alright then... how about we play Hide and Seek, I doubt you'd have a chance playing against me in Tag after all. To make it fair we'll split into teams. You all against me. You want to all hide or seek first?" Flandre asks.

> She has a very confident smirk on her face.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 26, 2019, 09:03:04 pm
> "That sounds fun!"
> "Lets seek first since we're at a disadvantage at hiding because I emit darkness"
> "Ill count to fifty!" (If we can't count to fifty change to a number we *can* actually count to)

> Surround ourselves in pitch black darkness and get a good look at what Flandre looks like in night sight
> Cover our eyes and start counting
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 26, 2019, 09:09:20 pm
>"Wait... What about him?"
>Gesture to Mayina.
>"I'd rather not leave him alone..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 26, 2019, 09:16:05 pm
> How far away can we be maintain a physical barrier without it failing?  Or does the distance only matter in forming it and can still exist at longer distances
> Is our sphere barrier stronger than our ring barrier or does it depend primarily on the size?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 27, 2019, 08:15:50 pm
> "That sounds fun!"
> "Lets seek first since we're at a disadvantage at hiding because I emit darkness"
> "Ill count to fifty!" (If we can't count to fifty change to a number we *can* actually count to)

> Surround ourselves in pitch black darkness and get a good look at what Flandre looks like in night sight
> Cover our eyes and start counting

[Splitting this because Nazgul's commands fit inbetween quite well]

> "Alright then!" Flandre says, before she chuckles. "You'll have to find all of me! Taboo: Four of a Kind."

> Flandre turns into Four Flandres.

> You can count to fifty.

>"Wait... What about him?"
>Gesture to Mayina.
>"I'd rather not leave him alone..."

> "I'll keep an eye on him." Kogasa says, before she wiggles her umbrella. "Kinda hard for me to hide anyway, and I don't like flying through a forest much, I get caught..."

> How far away can we be maintain a physical barrier without it failing?  Or does the distance only matter in forming it and can still exist at longer distances
> Is our sphere barrier stronger than our ring barrier or does it depend primarily on the size?

> Not far at all.

> Your 'sphere barrier' is specifically a barrier that seperates light and dark, keeping your darkness sphere whatever size you want it. A simple flat barrier would be the strongest. A hole in a barrier weakens it.

> Flandre is invisible in your night vision.

> You close your eyes and start to count, as do the others.

[Flandre is invisible in UV because the sun emits UV. Flandre dosen't give off something associated with the sun.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 27, 2019, 09:14:39 pm
[Shouldn't she block ambient UV though?  Like she should be a dark spot in our night vision]

> Now we're the ones outnumbered...
// Timeskip to 50 unless interrupted
> Finish counting
> "Here I come!"
> Make our darkness cover a large area so it's less noticeable
> Turn around make sure there's no one behind us
> Look up in case there's someone above us (also trees)
> "Alright let's start looking"
> Start checking nearest trees, in a circular fashion, moving outwards

> Which of our abilities are generally considered unfair when playing hide and seek with our friends?  Flying, danmaku, darkness barriers or physical barriers
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on February 27, 2019, 09:27:02 pm
//I kinda want to see Cirno's progression from 1 to 50 lol
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 27, 2019, 09:31:50 pm
// I think it's just us counting since we're the leader
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on February 27, 2019, 09:48:52 pm
[Shouldn't she block ambient UV though?  Like she should be a dark spot in our night vision]

> Now we're the ones outnumbered...
// Timeskip to 50 unless interrupted
> Finish counting
> "Here I come!"
> Make our darkness cover a large area so it's less noticeable
> Turn around make sure there's no one behind us
> Look up in case there's someone above us (also trees)
> "Alright let's start looking"
> Start checking nearest trees, in a circular fashion, moving outwards

> Which of our abilities are generally considered unfair when playing hide and seek with our friends?  Flying, danmaku, darkness barriers or physical barriers

//I kinda want to see Cirno's progression from 1 to 50 lol
[That's what she's doing. You can't see her in the dark; she's 'invisible']

> Cirno manages 1 to 20 correctly. She then jumps to thirty, gets to 35, jumps to 91, jumps back to 27, and somehow manages to waffle out various other numbers, getting to 50 at the same time as you... somehow. You think she just copied you when you said fifty.

> Everyone present resjoins your cry of 'here I come'.

> You expand the darkness sphere to the point it's almost unnoticeable in the night. You then look in your nearby area, and see no sign of any of the four Flandres.

> Wriggle's not allowed to speak to insects. They're literally everywhere. Mystia also can't speak to birds. Danmaku isn't allowed either, because it's hide and seek not a danmaku battle. If you're using barrier and such on people; you've already found them.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on February 27, 2019, 10:07:38 pm
> Realize that at the speed we saw Flandre move back at the mansion she could be just about anywhere in Gensokyo by now ... and we forgot to specify how large an area we're playing in
> Quickly fly up and check above the trees
> Fly back down under the trees and start combing the area by flying in a circle, increasing the radius every time we make a full circle
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 01, 2019, 04:46:12 pm
> Realize that at the speed we saw Flandre move back at the mansion she could be just about anywhere in Gensokyo by now ... and we forgot to specify how large an area we're playing in
> Quickly fly up and check above the trees
> Fly back down under the trees and start combing the area by flying in a circle, increasing the radius every time we make a full circle

> You realise a drawback to playing hide-and-seek with a vampire.

> You check above the trees, and see a panicked cluster of fairies flying around erratically, like something spooked them.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on March 01, 2019, 05:29:51 pm
>It probably isn't a Flandre that spooked the fairies since they would have probably hid by now.
>How far away are the others?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 01, 2019, 05:57:18 pm
> Still check what spooked them, fly towards where they are flying away from
> Go back down below the trees and look around
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 01, 2019, 07:02:16 pm
>It probably isn't a Flandre that spooked the fairies since they would have probably hid by now.
>How far away are the others?

> It's not like fairies are smart however...

> They're all in the firest below you looking around. Dai and Cirno seem to be the furthest away.

> Still check what spooked them, fly towards where they are flying away from
> Go back down below the trees and look around

> You go and check what the Fairies were spooked by, asking the biggest one in the group.

> "A Black-White barged trough us heading for the lake..." she says.

> You return below the treeline. One of the trees has a slash in it's trunk. Not deep; but it looks like something sharp hit it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Hope ♦ Metal on March 01, 2019, 07:19:17 pm
>Does the slash mark look like anything we've seen before?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 01, 2019, 07:57:24 pm
> Look at the slashmark and around us with night sight
> Look for any other slashed trees and objects on the ground that could have slashed it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 01, 2019, 10:42:01 pm
>Does the slash mark look like anything we've seen before?

> Nothing immediately comes to mind specifically, but you'd say some sort of blade or similar shape.

> Look at the slashmark and around us with night sight
> Look for any other slashed trees and objects on the ground that could have slashed it

> You see nothing different.

> You don't see anything on the ground, but you do spot another tree a small distance away with a smaller mark. This one is further ahead, and to the right.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 01, 2019, 11:39:10 pm
> Go to the next tree and look around maybe we will see another
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 01, 2019, 11:52:01 pm
> Go to the next tree and look around maybe we will see another

> You see another mark on a tree further ahead.

> You notice a pattern, all the marked trees are rather close to another tree.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 01, 2019, 11:57:07 pm
> Would we still have been able to find the trees without night sight?
> Pursue!  Keep going until something interesting happens or we notice a variation on the marks
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 02, 2019, 10:04:14 pm
> Would we still have been able to find the trees without night sight?
> Pursue!  Keep going until something interesting happens or we notice a variation on the marks

> You'd find them for sure... with your face.

> You continue, and then spot a mark on two trees next to each other, and what is clearly an impact on the ground just past them.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 02, 2019, 10:10:31 pm
>Does it look like a recent impact, or an older one?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 02, 2019, 10:24:28 pm
>Does it look like a recent impact, or an older one?

> Recent, the soil hasn't even really started to settle yet.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 02, 2019, 10:32:45 pm
>Ponder if it's from Flandre or something else entirely.
>Can we the center of the impact crater from our current position?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 02, 2019, 10:58:13 pm
>Ponder if it's from Flandre or something else entirely.
>Can we the center of the impact crater from our current position?

> You're unsure of the course.

> It's more looks like something slid along the ground than a crater, but you can see the whole thing.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 03, 2019, 03:14:49 am
> See if anything noteworthy is inside the impact, maybe evidence of what could have caused it?
> If we see any more markings pursue until we find something else interesting
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 04, 2019, 07:56:12 pm
> See if anything noteworthy is inside the impact, maybe evidence of what could have caused it?
> If we see any more markings pursue until we find something else interesting

> You don't see anything particularly interesting, but you see some footprints going off in a direction which abruptly end.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 04, 2019, 10:43:48 pm
> Do the footprints look like they were made by someone wearing shoes or barefoot?
> Move towards where the footprints end
> Look around from the last footprint if we see anything interesting
> Check around and behind a few nearby trees
> If we find nothing fly up above the trees and continue flying in the direction the footprints were heading, noting what areas of Gensokyo are in that direction
> Make a mental note of where the last marked tree was so we can return there
> If we find nothing of interest return to where the footprints end and try flying straight up and get quite high
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 05, 2019, 09:42:10 pm
> Do the footprints look like they were made by someone wearing shoes or barefoot?
> Move towards where the footprints end
> Look around from the last footprint if we see anything interesting
> Check around and behind a few nearby trees
> If we find nothing fly up above the trees and continue flying in the direction the footprints were heading, noting what areas of Gensokyo are in that direction
> Make a mental note of where the last marked tree was so we can return there
> If we find nothing of interest return to where the footprints end and try flying straight up and get quite high

> Shoes

> You move towards where the footprints end.

> You start checking the trees, and hear something directly above you in one of them

> Due to this I'm ending the parse there in case you wish to act upon it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 05, 2019, 09:44:12 pm
> Check the tree, spell cards ready
> If it's something uninteresting continue what we were about to do
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 05, 2019, 10:37:26 pm
> Check the tree, spell cards ready
> If it's something uninteresting continue what we were about to do

> You check the tree

> You find a Flandre rubbing her wing, looking a little embarrassed and dirty.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 05, 2019, 10:50:28 pm
> Does it look like her wing could have made the mark on the trees or the impact on the ground we saw?
> Is she holding anything that might have made those marks?  Like a branch or knife?

> "Hey there, did you run in to a tree?  Don't be ashamed, I've probably run into more trees than you can count haha"
> "Has anyone else found the other yous?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 06, 2019, 06:37:26 pm
> Does it look like her wing could have made the mark on the trees or the impact on the ground we saw?
> Is she holding anything that might have made those marks?  Like a branch or knife?

> "Hey there, did you run in to a tree?  Don't be ashamed, I've probably run into more trees than you can count haha"
> "Has anyone else found the other yous?"

> The shape looks like her wings.

> No.

> The Flandre looks red-faced. "I don't get to fly out much..."

> "Dunno, we don't share thoughts." the vampire says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 06, 2019, 06:39:47 pm
>So does this instance of Flan get to help us seek now, or is this a version of hide n seek that doesn't use that rule?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 06, 2019, 08:21:24 pm
> Don't wonder, ask her!
> "Want to help us find the other yous?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 06, 2019, 11:36:38 pm
>So does this instance of Flan get to help us seek now, or is this a version of hide n seek that doesn't use that rule?

> Don't wonder, ask her!
> "Want to help us find the other yous?"

> "I guess I should stick with you, otherwise I could just fly off and hide again." the Flandre says.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 06, 2019, 11:55:52 pm
> "Alright!  Lets go looking for the rest of you"
> Return to where we started playing hide and seek (lakeside)
> They most likely split up and went separate directions
> Draw a line on the ground pointing towards where we found this Flandre and put an X at the end
> Draw 3 other lines at equal angles from eachother (so a + plus is formed)
> Fly in the direction opposite of the line we followed and start looking for anything interesting

> Can we make something like a "compass" out of barriers?  Basically 2 line/cylinder barriers forming a + and make it follow us around without us rotating it so it always points in the direction we initially set it in
> If so form one and align it with the lines we drew on the ground
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 07, 2019, 12:35:10 am
>"So what happens when the four of you get back together? Do you all get each other's memories when you become one again?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 08, 2019, 06:59:32 pm
> "Alright!  Lets go looking for the rest of you"
> Return to where we started playing hide and seek (lakeside)
> They most likely split up and went separate directions
> Draw a line on the ground pointing towards where we found this Flandre and put an X at the end
> Draw 3 other lines at equal angles from eachother (so a + plus is formed)
> Fly in the direction opposite of the line we followed and start looking for anything interesting

> Can we make something like a "compass" out of barriers?  Basically 2 line/cylinder barriers forming a + and make it follow us around without us rotating it so it always points in the direction we initially set it in
> If so form one and align it with the lines we drew on the ground

> The Flandre follows you happily. She seems content to be following the game's rules.

> You return to the lakeside. You notice Wriggle with another Flandre already.

> You draw lines in the sane, causing a confused look from the two Flandres and Wriggle.

> You manage to make a similar shaped barrier, but not with two barriers; instead simply a flat +, a single barrier.

>"So what happens when the four of you get back together? Do you all get each other's memories when you become one again?"

> "Yeah, we all merge back into one Flandre." the two say at once.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 08, 2019, 10:17:34 pm
> Form a ring barrier around the + plus shaped barrier to make it look more like an actual compass and name this technique "Compass Barrier"

> "See the barrier I made?  It will always point in the direction I set it to so we know where we are!"

> Form a tiny darkness sphere inside the compass barrier in the quarter we searched
> "This is where I found this Flandre" Point at the tiny darkness sphere
> Move the sphere to the opposite quarter from the ones we searched, point at it and say "I'll be looking in that quarter next, I have a good feeling there's another Flandre there"
> Dispel the darkness sphere but keep the compass barrier floating near us

> Head off in the direction we pointed
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 10, 2019, 05:48:57 pm
> Form a ring barrier around the + plus shaped barrier to make it look more like an actual compass and name this technique "Compass Barrier"

> "See the barrier I made?  It will always point in the direction I set it to so we know where we are!"

> Form a tiny darkness sphere inside the compass barrier in the quarter we searched
> "This is where I found this Flandre" Point at the tiny darkness sphere
> Move the sphere to the opposite quarter from the ones we searched, point at it and say "I'll be looking in that quarter next, I have a good feeling there's another Flandre there"
> Dispel the darkness sphere but keep the compass barrier floating near us

> Head off in the direction we pointed

> You form your compass-map barrier.

> "But that's the direction I found this one." Wriggle says.

> "There weren't any good places to hide in that direction..." the Flandre next to Wriggle says sadly. "It's all plains and there's not many trees."

> "Should we go help Cirno and Daiyousei or Mystia? They went off in opposite directions." Wriggle asks.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 10, 2019, 08:39:13 pm
> Look at Flandre
> "Is that so~"
> "Lets go help Cirno and Daiyousei, and once we find another Flandre let's check on Mystia"
> Head in their direction and meet up with them (stop if we see something interesting if couse)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 12, 2019, 07:50:33 pm
> Look at Flandre
> "Is that so~"
> "Lets go help Cirno and Daiyousei, and once we find another Flandre let's check on Mystia"
> Head in their direction and meet up with them (stop if we see something interesting if couse)

> "It is so~" the Flandre says.

> You start to head in the direction Wriggle says the two fairies flew off in, deciding that while there are two of them, since one of them is Cirno... Mystia's probobly better off.

> After a moderate flight, you hear someone flying behind you, and judgeing from the shadow cast by the moonlight looking like someone riding a broom, you'd wager it's Marisa.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 12, 2019, 07:51:58 pm
>Behind us, as in right behind us...?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 12, 2019, 08:05:32 pm
> We're not doing anything wrong, continue as if we saw nothing, she'll surely grab our attention if she's actually interested in talking to us
> Secretly keep an eye on that shadow, don't want her running into us!  Dodge under the trees if we think she's getting too close
> Put a tiny darkness sphere on our compass where we think the person on the broom is in relation to us (we're at the center of the plus)
>  Try and get in to a habit of "marking" people's locations on our compass with tiny darkness spheres subconsciously without spending too much thought on it
> Silently hint to the rest of our party that there's someone behind us by showing them the compass
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 12, 2019, 10:53:53 pm
>Behind us, as in right behind us...?

> Above and behind. Not directly; but certainly behind you.

> We're not doing anything wrong, continue as if we saw nothing, she'll surely grab our attention if she's actually interested in talking to us
> Secretly keep an eye on that shadow, don't want her running into us!  Dodge under the trees if we think she's getting too close
> Put a tiny darkness sphere on our compass where we think the person on the broom is in relation to us (we're at the center of the plus)
>  Try and get in to a habit of "marking" people's locations on our compass with tiny darkness spheres subconsciously without spending too much thought on it
> Silently hint to the rest of our party that there's someone behind us by showing them the compass

> You're not doing anything wrong, you're just playing a game with a vampire...

> Marisa; judgeing from the shadow; is catching up with you, but also flying higher than you. It's hard to tell if she's simply heading the same way as you are or...

> "Hey, it's the small-fry again!" Marisa's voice cries out.

> Well... she's noticed you.

> "You guys live near the mansion don't you? What's going on there? The mansion seemed all empty. Even Patchy's assistant wasn't there. It made borrowing some books too easy..." Marisa asks as she descends, in your path. You note Marisa is indeed holding a... well-used sack filled with books.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 12, 2019, 11:41:31 pm
>Did the mansion residents fly off to look for Flandre or did they fly back into the mansion?

//I can't remember.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 13, 2019, 12:44:32 am
> They sure did!
> Expand our darkness to obscure the two Flandres, do this while stopping and turning around so it looks like we did it instinctively/naturally when hearing someone behind us (she is human so the darkness + night time should make it hard to see who is with us)

> As cheerful and carefree as possible say the following
> "Made borrowing easy?  That's great!  Say, think you could look for some books on barriers, boundaries or seals for me?"  Eye her sack while saying that last bit
> Don't forget to make our cutest sugary smile while talking to her
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 13, 2019, 12:41:06 pm
>Did the mansion residents fly off to look for Flandre or did they fly back into the mansion?

//I can't remember.

> Patchouli and Meiling stayed behind, Meiling to guard and Patchouli because she wasn't well.

> They sure did!
> Expand our darkness to obscure the two Flandres, do this while stopping and turning around so it looks like we did it instinctively/naturally when hearing someone behind us (she is human so the darkness + night time should make it hard to see who is with us)

> As cheerful and carefree as possible say the following
> "Made borrowing easy?  That's great!  Say, think you could look for some books on barriers, boundaries or seals for me?"  Eye her sack while saying that last bit
> Don't forget to make our cutest sugary smile while talking to her

> You obscure the Flandres, who Marisa didn't seem to have noticed anyway, either she wasn't paying attention or the Flandres were using some kind of vampire magic.

> Marisa looks a little surprised, and bemused, at your request.

> "Why would I borrow books on boring magics like that?" Marisa says. "Besides. I'm borrowin' them until I die. I can't exactly loan out something I've borrowed from someone else, now can I? That's just rude. What if I die tomorrow? Patchy will be expecting the books back."

> Marisa looks a little confused for a moment. "Didn't know you guys could even read anyway."

> The witch tips her hat upwards a little.

> "Anything interesting happen to you guys anyway? Anything to do with the incident? I want every edge I can get to solve this before Reimu can!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 13, 2019, 01:57:46 pm
> Keep up the carefree attitude and sugary smile!
> "Boring magics?  I'm think you can create just about anything with the right combination of barriers and boundaries!"  Spin the compass we made on our fingers while we say this

> "What if you live a long life and Patchy needs one of those books back for a spell? What if she dies before you, she's not in good health you know.  Don't you think you should return them once you're done studying them?  You can only read one book at a time anyways..."
> Confused look
> "Unless you're some sort of reading Youkai and can read many things at the same time!"
> Even more confused look

> "We last met on Youkai Mountain right?  Well we went to the Moriya Shrine and they said that Youkai should also resolve incidents, so we're now investigating!  How far ahead of Reimu do you think you are right now?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 13, 2019, 02:36:21 pm
> Keep up the carefree attitude and sugary smile!
> "Boring magics?  I'm think you can create just about anything with the right combination of barriers and boundaries!"  Spin the compass we made on our fingers while we say this

> "What if you live a long life and Patchy needs one of those books back for a spell? What if she dies before you, she's not in good health you know.  Don't you think you should return them once you're done studying them?  You can only read one book at a time anyways..."
> Confused look
> "Unless you're some sort of reading Youkai and can read many things at the same time!"
> Even more confused look

> "We last met on Youkai Mountain right?  Well we went to the Moriya Shrine and they said that Youkai should also resolve incidents, so we're now investigating!  How far ahead of Reimu do you think you are right now?"

> "Magic isn't about making stuff! Unless you're making an explosion. Magic is about power!" Marisa states happily.

> "She can wait. Youkai like her live a very long time. She's just sickly because she dosen't keep active. Nothing that'll kill her." Marisa says.

> "No no no, I need various things in all these books for research into something! I need to cross-reference." Marisa protests.

> "Reimu's probobly ahead of me." Marisa sighs. "Every time I do get ahead of her, she and I get into a fight and I lose. But that's why I'm gonna catch up; overtake her and solve the incident first this time!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 13, 2019, 03:10:01 pm
> Keep up the carefree attitude and cheery smile (do this for the rest of the time we talk to Marisa)

> "Well I want to use my magic to create things!"

> "Do you think Patchy would let me borrow a book if I asked her?"

> "I'm sure you've made mistakes and have a book or two you don't use anymore, why not return it?"

> "Why don't you investigate different places from Reimu so you don't get in each others way.  We've managed to  stay clear from Reimu the whole time while investigating"
> "Well since we're also investigating we can't just give you everything we've worked hard to figure out, I'm sure you'd feel the same way if Reimu asked you what you found out"
> Say the last bit as if we're Cirno, to make her think we're bluffing and that we really haven't found anything (double bluff!)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 13, 2019, 08:27:49 pm
> Keep up the carefree attitude and cheery smile (do this for the rest of the time we talk to Marisa)

> "Well I want to use my magic to create things!"

> "Do you think Patchy would let me borrow a book if I asked her?"

> "I'm sure you've made mistakes and have a book or two you don't use anymore, why not return it?"

> "Why don't you investigate different places from Reimu so you don't get in each others way.  We've managed to  stay clear from Reimu the whole time while investigating"
> "Well since we're also investigating we can't just give you everything we've worked hard to figure out, I'm sure you'd feel the same way if Reimu asked you what you found out"
> Say the last bit as if we're Cirno, to make her think we're bluffing and that we really haven't found anything (double bluff!)

> "A Youkai that wants to create?" Marisa muses, before she looks like she has an idea. "Maybe I should go ask Nitori if she's seen anything."

> "Of course she'll let you borrow something! She'll even give you something extra if she catches you doing so!" Marisa says cheerfully.

> "Just because I don't need the book right now means I won't need it later. Why pester Patchy taking the same book twice?"

> "Well me the Reimu both usually end up in the same places when we get close to finding the culprit." Marisa remarks. "It's hard to throw off her intuition."

> Marisa seems to think for a few moments.

> "I guess ya got a point there. Although if you're going to be competition to me, that probobly means I should blow you away..."

> Marisa reaches for a pocket, then stops.

> "Nah, I'll let you small fry play Incident Resolver. Long as you don't get in my way I guess it's fine. Besides; anyone beating Reimu for once is a win in my book, even if it's some random youkai."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 13, 2019, 08:42:59 pm
> "Well in the past I used to use my darkness and barrier powers for my diet but I have regrets and want to use them creatively to do good now!  Anything you can find on barriers, boundaries or seals will be a big help"

> "I don't think we stand a chance against Reimu, (in low voice) or you to be honest.  But we'll put up a fight, which might delay her at best."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 14, 2019, 02:09:51 am
> "Magic isn't about making stuff! Unless you're making an explosion. Magic is about power!" Marisa states happily.

> "She can wait. Youkai like her live a very long time. She's just sickly because she dosen't keep active. Nothing that'll kill her." Marisa says.

> "No no no, I need various things in all these books for research into something! I need to cross-reference." Marisa protests.

> "Reimu's probobly ahead of me." Marisa sighs. "Every time I do get ahead of her, she and I get into a fight and I lose. But that's why I'm gonna catch up; overtake her and solve the incident first this time!"
> (Follow,not breaking away, by Tom's Rumia tone and cunning ) " Ah-ah,Marisa,as a team we could actually try for Incident Investigating and Resolving without getting in your way, even helping each other indirectly or directly later on aaand,if it's good ,we delay Reimu, even exhaust some of her reserves and might even put dents on her ".
>  " << It's good >> in the sense of doing so not giving tips and edges to the bad guys aaand mayyybe itì'd be good to consider team-ups when needed for this weird Incident with weird threats,a very long one on top of it all."
> " Uh-uh, with that,why not go for a patch-up and  team-up with Patchy,that way with her the Mansion too? Not for fighting,unless healthy, but then both would gain a lots of time,place,books,research,train,magicks,doing and coming across old and new things ! ".
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 14, 2019, 08:02:03 am
> (Follow,not breaking away, by Tom's Rumia tone and cunning ) " Ah-ah,Marisa,as a team we could actually try for Incident Investigating and Resolving without getting in your way, even helping each other indirectly or directly later on aaand,if it's good ,we delay Reimu, even exhaust some of her reserves and might even put dents on her ".
>  " << It's good >> in the sense of doing so not giving tips and edges to the bad guys aaand mayyybe itì'd be good to consider team-ups when needed for this weird Incident with weird threats,a very long one on top of it all."
> " Uh-uh, with that,why not go for a patch-up and  team-up with Patchy,that way with her the Mansion too? Not for fighting,unless healthy, but then both would gain a lots of time,place,books,research,train,magicks,doing and coming across old and new things ! ".

// A new player, welcome!

> Don't do that.  We don't trust her, our alliance is with Shinki and Marisa was one of the Makai invaders [in Mystic Square].  She and Reimu have greeted us in the past with a laser and gohei to the face (respectively), whereas Shinki is very friendly and helped us.

// Marisa likes to work solo and stated on Youkai mountain she doesn't want anyone getting in her way [Thread 1 Post #214] (https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21454.msg1409104.html#msg1409104) and seems to only refer to us as "small-fry" so the only thing we'll end up doing is getting in her way.  Also Rumia is smart enough to figure out what Marisa means by "borrowing" and realizes that Patchouli would not want to team up with her.

// I'll give a brief summary of what we've done since the last GM Summary (https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21614.0.html) but I suggest reading through the whole thread to figure out the personality we've established for Rumia (Meta stuff deducted by the players but not explicitly stated is in [] brackets). 
Raikaria feel free to reuse the summary (or parts of it) for the upcoming new thread (Change 'we' to 'you' to fit the style of the current summaries)
(Spoilers if you haven't read the thread up to this point!)
Quote from: Big Wall O'Text
We destroyed the seal between Gensokyo and Makai, releasing Evil Spirit Mima from a nasty seal.  [While she showed no signs of it, we suspect she actually is grateful since she didn't fight us.]  Louise then provided us  bubble-like filter for breathing in Makai's miasma, which we used to to enter Makai together with Kogasa (who's an umbrella and doesn't need to breathe!).  In Makai we ran into a manastorm and had to take shelter in a crevice where we meat Geala, another daemon like Mayina who's special ability is to mine rocks with explosions and is a Mana Crystal Hunter.  After the storm died down we left for Paradise (https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21614.msg1415559.html#msg1415559) where we dropped off Mayina at the Security Council for interrogation. 

We then headed for the Frozen Fields and on the way Louise explained that Gensokyo and Makai were at war not too long ago when four powerful invaders [Reimu, Marisa, Mima and Yuuka according to Mystic Square] went on a rampage in Makai and even fought Shinki.  At the gateway to the Frozen Fields we met Sara who seemed to know Louise and let us in because we were invited to talk about the incident and Mayina.  Inside the Frozen Fields we met Yuki and Mai who seem to be friendly rivals and later met Yumeko, all of which we felt were extremely powerful [Probably not Reimu level massacre but we'd still be demolished].  Once Yumeko heard what we had to say and got the results of Mayina's interrogation she tried executing him in front of us, and we promptly stopped her by offering an alternative "harsher" punishment according to Yuki, Mai and Mayina himself.  Having been inspired by the story Louise told us at the Moriya Shrine about Shinki's mercy where Shinki banished Lumina who had done far worse things than Mayina to another dimension giving her a new life instead of killing her, we offered to banish Mayina to Gensokyo where he would be forced to adopt a very different lifestyle given the rules there.  Yumeko accepted the offer and also broke his servitude contract but stated that he is our responsibility from now on and that she will kill us if he returns to Makai alive.  We believe he should become our familiar/shikigami since he can't even fly let alone defend himself outside of Makai but we're not currently magically strong enough to support a familiar.  Yumeko then had Mayina frozen and taken to the portal we used to enter Makai. 

Leaving the frozen fields we met Luci, who was interested in us and decided to tag along.  On the way out of Makai we decided to help Louise get rid of some bandits who had taken over Wonderland.  Having created a fake Mana Crystal out of a Pentle with the help of Luci and Kogasa we decided to try and bribe the bandits to turn on each other.  While fighting some lesser daemons Louise surprised us by turning blue and becoming really strong which somehow affected her ability to speak during that time.  Having defeated the lesser daemons we weakened their boss by bribing two of the lesser daemons to fight her before we did and then proceeded to overwhelm her with a combination attack using Louise's mirror familiar, our Moonlight Ray and Kogasa's Over the Rainbow spell cards.  After defeating the boss daemon Louise owed us an explanation for turning blue and becoming very powerful while fighting the daemons.  Louise explained that she is a Phantom since her ability is Living after Death and that she was the only one to "survive" the destruction of the City of Vina.  We then interrogated the boss daemon to figure out her reasons for occupying Wonderland and figured out that her reasons were her lust for strength and power.  We then tried everything we could to convince her to change her ways, even bringing her sister who we found out is Geala to try and convince her.  She firmly refused to change her ways and even mocked Geala and family in general which got quite the unspoken response from Luci.  We then realized we weren't going to be successful that time in convincing her so we knocked her out and left, still believing she has the potential to be good.

On the way to the portal Louise decided she needed to rest and left us to go home and Donita got distracted by playing with other fairies leaving only Kogasa, Rumia and Luci at the portal.  Once we arrived at the portal Luci revealed to us that she is actually Shinki, who contrary to our expectations wasn't scary and whose presence actually felt warm and welcoming, her voice evoking an emotion we hadn't felt before, a mixture of calm, relaxation and warmth.  She then apologized for deceiving us and explained the need to do so based on her fear of a repeat of [the events of Mystic Square] invasion from Gensokyo which we completely understood, having heard how aggressive the invaders were.  She then thanked us starting from Kogasa by gifting her fancy red shoes inspired from the heroine of a story she had been told.  When she looked at us, specifically at our ribbon she confirmed out suspicions that the ribbon is a seal, being in fact one of the most complicated ones she's seen.  She explained that its in fact thousands of individual seals woven together that take the form of a ribbon and that the seals are much like rings that affect an individual sealed aspect, with each ring having multiple positions which affect the level of sealing.  Additionally the seals are interwoven with Rumia's body meaning that undoing the seal is extremely painful and even fatal if done too fast.  After being convinced that adjusting one seal won't be fatal we then let Shinki undo the seal which affected our Night Vision, which was extremely painful but let us regain our ability to see in the dark!  We then said our farewells, considering we had friends waiting for us in Gensokyo and before entering the portal Shinki told us that we're welcome to come back and gave us a type of candy that would let us permanently breathe the Makaian Miasma.

Upon returning to Gensokyo and after a brief "Stuck in Makai?" moment having found the cave exit blocked we saw a door open and Mai Tereida come to our rescue, saying that her Secret God told her that we'd be stuck there.  Following her through the door we met Satono who guided us to Okina who claimed to be a sage and claimed responsibility for a past incident saying that it was not a one-off deal.  She then calmed our fears of Reimu having discovered the barriers and seals we demolished getting into Makai and reassured us that Auun is safe and busy defending what remains of the Hakurei Shrine.  While the word "remains" initially startled us Okina said an Evil Spirit destroyed it and brushed it off saying it gets ruined every few years anyways.  Before leaving we had a brief discussion about Gensokyo's creation and our old diet which made us feel a somewhat guilty of a past we cannot recall.  We then left through a door which took us to Misty Lake where our friends were waiting.

At Misty Lake we saw something fast exit the Scarlet Devil Mansion in hurry and the residents running out to the gate.  Among the mansion's residents we met the charismatic vampire Remilia who claimed her little sister Flandre had escaped and that she is dangerous.  We then noticed that Mayina's ice block had just about thawed so we rushed to make sure he didn't make a run for it once it broke, however once the ice shattered he fell unconscious which Cirno explained is because he had been frozen for a long time, backing her claims with evidence from experiments on frozen frogs.  We then lit a fire trying to warm him up and got a few words out of him before he fell asleep again.  While waiting for Mayina to recover Flandre showed up and we talked about how her destructive powers work with her being eager to try them out on our ribbon which we promptly refused, remembering what Shinki told us about how the seal is interwoven with our body.  Flandre then suggested we play a game of hide and seek and we decided its best for her to hide first since our natural darkness emission powers make us an easy target to find.  Before hiding Flandre surprised us by using her Four of a Kind ability, splitting into four Flandres.  We found one Flandre in a tree after following some marks on trees and footprints on the ground.  After returning to where we started we found Wriggle who had found another Flandre and we created a compass like device with our barrier abilities to keep track of our location and where we have already searched.  We then set off to help Cirno and Daiyousei find the next Flandre and met Marisa who is eager to solve an incident before Reimu does.  Realizing she was one of the four invaders and wanting to keep our friends in Makai safe we refused to give her any meaningful information related to Makai's involvement in the incident, instead claiming we work hard investigating (which we certainly do!) and that she'd feel the same way if Reimu asked her for similar information.  Having seen her carrying a sack of books she claims to have "borrowed" from Patchouli we asked if we could have one related to barriers, boundaries or seals however she had none claiming that kind of magic is pointless and laughed at the idea of Youkai using magic to create, claiming magic is just about power and explosions.  She did offer to ask Nitori if she has seen anything interesting though.
// Let me know if I missed anything, I'll edit it in
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 14, 2019, 09:38:58 am
[Marisa didn't laugh at the idea of Youkai creating. She thought the idea odd then remembered Nitori makes things. Which made her decide 'I should go ask Nitori'. Basically you gave Marisa an idea.

Of course Alice makes dolls but she also fills them with gunpowder so Marisa classes that as explosions.]

> (Follow,not breaking away, by Tom's Rumia tone and cunning ) " Ah-ah,Marisa,as a team we could actually try for Incident Investigating and Resolving without getting in your way, even helping each other indirectly or directly later on aaand,if it's good ,we delay Reimu, even exhaust some of her reserves and might even put dents on her ".
>  " << It's good >> in the sense of doing so not giving tips and edges to the bad guys aaand mayyybe itì'd be good to consider team-ups when needed for this weird Incident with weird threats,a very long one on top of it all."
> " Uh-uh, with that,why not go for a patch-up and  team-up with Patchy,that way with her the Mansion too? Not for fighting,unless healthy, but then both would gain a lots of time,place,books,research,train,magicks,doing and coming across old and new things ! ".

> Don't do that.  We don't trust her, our alliance is with Shinki and Marisa was one of the Makai invaders [in Mystic Square].  She and Reimu have greeted us in the past with a laser and gohei to the face (respectively), whereas Shinki is very friendly and helped us.

// Marisa likes to work solo and stated on Youkai mountain she doesn't want anyone getting in her way [Thread 1 Post #214] (https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21454.msg1409104.html#msg1409104) and seems to only refer to us as "small-fry" so the only thing we'll end up doing is getting in her way.  Also Rumia is smart enough to figure out what Marisa means by "borrowing" and realizes that Patchouli would not want to team up with her.

> Marisa looks a little surprised at your offer. "No; you'd probobly just slow me down to be honest. I'm an expert at resolving incidents after all. You're new. Besides, these phantom things are dangerous. Can't have small fry getting over their heads and hurt."

> "I've teamed up before." Marisa protests. "I've worked with Alice twice, and I've worked with Nitori and Patchouli too! Not to mention all those people I paired up with during that Perfect Possession incident recently..."

> "That mansion isn't a good place for humans to linger." Marisa says. "Vampires are still allowed to drink humans blood, because they need to to survive. Long as they don't drink 'em dry. But I'd rather my blood where it is."

> Marisa looks a little agitated. "Well, if you got no useful information, I have an incident to resolve before Reimu..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 14, 2019, 11:28:40 am
// I'm surprised I didn't misinterpret more things
> "Oh, so you *do* care about us..." (in low voice) "small-fry" Genuinely smile at being called small fry for once
> "Well we both have an incident to resolve, good luck!"

> Wait till she completely disappears before talking about/to Flandre or turning around
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 14, 2019, 12:34:46 pm
// I'm surprised I didn't misinterpret more things
> "Oh, so you *do* care about us..." (in low voice) "small-fry" Genuinely smile at being called small fry for once
> "Well we both have an incident to resolve, good luck!"

> Wait till she completely disappears before talking about/to Flandre or turning around

> "It would hang on my conscious all night if you guys got hurt because I made you do something." Marisa says.

> "You too I guess!" Marisa says; before she re-adjusts herself on her broom and flies off at quite a pace.

> "I haven't seen Marisa in a while." both Flandres say. "She was fun to play with, but I'm playing with you guys right now."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 14, 2019, 03:38:04 pm
> "I bet you two have fun playing!"
> Onwards to Daiyousei and Cirno!
> Be on the lookout for the occasional Flandre
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 14, 2019, 05:40:07 pm
> "I bet you two have fun playing!"
> Onwards to Daiyousei and Cirno!
> Be on the lookout for the occasional Flandre

> "Well; it was only once, and it was danmaku~" the Flandres say.

> You continue onwards, looking for Cirno and Daiyousei, you're now over the plains around the Human Villiage... there's not really anywhere to hide...

> You spot Daiyousei lying on the ground. At the same time, you hear a loud noise somewhere in the east.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 14, 2019, 06:00:44 pm
>Head down to Dai-chan.
>Is she okay?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 14, 2019, 06:13:12 pm
> Mark the direction of the noise on our compass
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 14, 2019, 07:04:24 pm
>Head down to Dai-chan.
>Is she okay?

> She appears to be unconscious, and it looks like she's been hit by a fairly powerful spell judgeing by the magic burn on her left side and a bit of her wing. You have no means of telling what sort of magic hit her, although burn-marks are certainly not Cirno's thing.

> Mark the direction of the noise on our compass

> You mark the direction of the noise.

> Wriggle looks around. "If Dai's here where's Cirno? Cirno wouldn't exactly have taken Daiyousei getting attacked sitting down."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 14, 2019, 07:24:01 pm
>"How much are you willing to bet she's wherever we heard that noise?"
>Are we physically capable of carrying Daiyousei?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 14, 2019, 07:29:55 pm
>"How much are you willing to bet she's wherever we heard that noise?"
>Are we physically capable of carrying Daiyousei?

> "It'll either be her of a Flandre." Wriggle says. "Maybe even both of them."

> Easily. She's smaller than you; as a fairy, and is lighter than a human her size would be.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 14, 2019, 10:29:02 pm
> "Or a shadow figure might have attacked them!"
> "Be on guard everyone!"
> Pick up Daiyousei, if we can carry her in a barrier do that instead so we have our hands free
> Fly to the source of the noise!
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 14, 2019, 11:22:19 pm
> "Or a shadow figure might have attacked them!"
> "Be on guard everyone!"
> Pick up Daiyousei, if we can carry her in a barrier do that instead so we have our hands free
> Fly to the source of the noise!

> You pick up Daiyousei and head towards the noise. Wriggle and the two Flandres follow you.

> You quickly get to the scene, where you see a rather tired-looking Cirno, a confused-looking Flandre and a phantom.

> This phantom seems a lot more... stable than the others. She's dressed somewhat like a Shrine Maiden. The colors of her outfit are hard to tell due to the blueness the phantoms have in general, but a large amount of her outfit is identical to her hair.

> "More youkai... this complicates things..." the figure says quietly and calmly. "And another two of this daemon as well..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 14, 2019, 11:58:45 pm
> Put Daiyousei down and form a protective barrier around her

> "Daemon?  She's not a daemon, she's a vampire and we're all Youkai!"
> "Why are you trying to break in to our world?"
> "You're another heretic aren't you?"

> Be ready to reach for Moonlight Ray
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 15, 2019, 12:05:21 am
> "Why are you trying to break in to our world?"
> "You're another heretic aren't you?"

> Be ready to reach for Moonlight Ray
>Let's not be too confrontational yet.

>"A Shrine Maiden? I didn't think Makai had any shrine maidens? Are you a priestess of Shinki?"
>Prepare to dodge if the makaiian attacks while we try to talk.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 15, 2019, 12:17:45 am
// Perform Evil_Nazgul0616's actions instead
// Still perform the actions not quoted in Evil_Nazgul0616's post (putting Daiyousei down and forming barrier around her and also correcting miss phantom on Flandre's species)

// I doubt it's Shinki, as I think this violates the treaty, and she's careful about it
// I was confrontational because she's already hurt Daiyousei
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 15, 2019, 02:58:11 am
// A new player, welcome!

> Don't do that.  We don't trust her, our alliance is with Shinki and Marisa was one of the Makai invaders [in Mystic Square].  She and Reimu have greeted us in the past with a laser and gohei to the face (respectively), whereas Shinki is very friendly and helped us.

// Marisa likes to work solo and stated on Youkai mountain she doesn't want anyone getting in her way [Thread 1 Post #214] (https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21454.msg1409104.html#msg1409104) and seems to only refer to us as "small-fry" so the only thing we'll end up doing is getting in her way.  Also Rumia is smart enough to figure out what Marisa means by "borrowing" and realizes that Patchouli would not want to team up with her.

// I'll give a brief summary of what we've done since the last GM Summary (https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21614.0.html) but I suggest reading through the whole thread to figure out the personality we've established for Rumia (Meta stuff deducted by the players but not explicitly stated is in [] brackets). 
Raikaria feel free to reuse the summary (or parts of it) for the upcoming new thread (Change 'we' to 'you' to fit the style of the current summaries)
(Spoilers if you haven't read the thread up to this point!)// Let me know if I missed anything, I'll edit it in

// Well,My reply was aimed to expose Rumia & Co. as little as possible,to on one hand getting an eventual positive offer ,or  reinforced neutrality,out of Marisa and on the other to  both gauge her reactions,learn something new and throw her off . However,I mainly thank you kindly for welcoming me(occasional player :D ) and for the most useful 2nd thread recap  :)!
1 Question about it : I am reading too much into it or Marisa did not go as far as claiming that "Creation/Creative Magic is pointless" but instead consider it as totally secondary to the much preferable "Destructive/Explosive Magic" ? //

> In what manner is her hair identical to a large amount of her Shrine Maiden outfit?
> Anything else that stands out like a goehi,seals,a lingering feeling of power,aura or similar?
> If she ever starts attacking or is preparing to,be ready to both dodge putting some distance from the others and reach for Moonlight Ray.

// Who could it be ? It could be https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Konngara ,but " ..her hair being identical to a large amount of her outfit(somewhat like a Shrine maiden)..." suggests an higher chance of https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/YuugenMagan with the "Evil Eyes" hidden //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 15, 2019, 03:15:14 am
//Definitely ain't Konn. She's affiliated with Hell, not Makai.

//Eh, Yuugenmagan is a bit too eldritch to be a candidate IMO.

//Though I do wonder if she's possibly affiliated with a certain angel, because Sariel does live in a "fallen shrine".
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 15, 2019, 03:33:04 am
// I don't think YuugenMagan can hide the eyes as they project the figure, however she can hide the figure by not projecting it

// We have encountered phantoms like this before and they are most likely the "shadow figures" this whole incident has been about, Mystia was attacked by one, we saw a picture Aya took of one in the newspaper and Louise was briefly like this before fully materializing in Gensokyo when we first met her.
// The Hakurei Barrier makes it difficult for people to break in to Gensokyo directly without using a portal and hence most appear as a ghost or shadow figure

// Sariel maybe, but unlikely.  I do hope she's featured in the quest though!
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 15, 2019, 04:13:41 am
// Truthful observations.This phantom is not fully materialized,and not going to let her if not a benevolent one, but still seems a lot more stable so we are going to see.
A shrine maiden/priestess of Sariel(the Fallen shrine in Makai)?It is defintely a possibility,but that would mean Sariel and her are opposing Shinki to a yet-to-confirm-extent (Heretics?) . She would either be an original character or a known (new outfit),as long as from Makai. The only one left somehow resembling "  somewhat like a shrine maiden with hair identical to a large part of her outfit" would be the 2nd form of (PC-98 Hakurei Shrine Gate-Keeper of the Routes to Makai and Hell) https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Shingyoku ,although it should have firstly moved from the Hakurei Shrine to Makai for quite the time(beginnings of PC-98)  to be it .
 Sooner or certainly later we are to encounter directly on indirectly those 4 characters and original ones affiliated/involved
 Oh,ust a reminder about a clarification about " Recap of 2nd Thread" :I am reading too much into it or Marisa did not go as far as claiming that "Creation/Creative Magic is pointless" but instead consider it as totally secondary to the much preferable "Destructive/Explosive Magic" ? //.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 15, 2019, 07:21:45 am
// Clarification on recap: Marisa doesn't think highly of barrier/boundary/seal magic because its not her style, she likes flashy laser/fire/explosive magic.  She's not opposed to the idea of youkai using it to create, she just finds the idea odd according to Raikaria. 

// The reason Rumia wants to use those types of magic is because she has a natural talent for barriers (being able to form them without spells) and boundaries (light and darkness).  She also wants to use her talents for something good instead of just satiating her appetite like she did in the past because she feels guilty over it after finding out her ribbon is a seal and Shinki suggesting its possible you "were a very naughty girl before"

// Also Rumia didn't always feel as guilty about her past diet, she mostly changed her ways out of respect (and fear) of the rules.  Previously in fact Rumia threatened to eat Mayina multiple times (she wasn't too serious about this) and had thoughts of going back to her old ways in Makai since there's no Spell Card Rules there.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 15, 2019, 10:21:01 am
> Put Daiyousei down and form a protective barrier around her

> "Daemon?  She's not a daemon, she's a vampire and we're all Youkai!"
> "Why are you trying to break in to our world?"
> "You're another heretic aren't you?"

> Be ready to reach for Moonlight Ray


> You put Daiyousei down, although you're unsure how useful one of your barriers would be in protecting against a serious attack.

> "Vampires, as you call them, are a type of deamon." the figure says calmly. "Their race originates from Makai."

> The Phantom does not respond to your query.

>"A Shrine Maiden? I didn't think Makai had any shrine maidens? Are you a priestess of Shinki?"
>Prepare to dodge if the makaiian attacks while we try to talk.

> The phantom does not answer this line of questioning either. Instead, she keeps looking at everyone gathered, specifically the three Flandres.

Quote
> In what manner is her hair identical to a large amount of her Shrine Maiden outfit?
> Anything else that stands out like a goehi,seals,a lingering feeling of power,aura or similar?
> If she ever starts attacking or is preparing to,be ready to both dodge putting some distance from the others and reach for Moonlight Ray.

> It is the same shade of Blue, indicateing it is the same, or similar, color in reality.

> She appears to have nothing like a Gohei. It does however look like she's either wearing a very large belt of sorts or is hiding something around her waist.

> The air feels a little... tingly. Nothing major. It's also cold but you're fairly sure that one is thanks to Cirno.

[I am not going to comment on identity speculation]

> The phantom speaks again. Their voice almost disinterested.

> "There are only copies here. The original must be elsewhere." the phantom states. "I would advise you to cease your interference, if you wish to live."

> The phantom fades away.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 15, 2019, 01:08:31 pm
> "She's after Flandre!  Quick we have to find the last one!"
> "Lets not all stand in one place!  We make an easy target of sealing circles and other magic!"
> "If what she said was true, how did Makaian daemons get to the outside world?  Isn't that where you came from, Flandre?  Unless this happened before the barrier was created..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 15, 2019, 02:38:30 pm
> "She's after Flandre!  Quick we have to find the last one!"
> "Lets not all stand in one place!  We make an easy target of sealing circles and other magic!"
> "If what she said was true, how did Makaian daemons get to the outside world?  Isn't that where you came from, Flandre?  Unless this happened before the barrier was created..."

> "Mystia went off in the opposite direction from where we just came from!" Wriggle says.

> "She's after the primary?" the Flandres say together. "The power is divided between us in this state. She'll be far weaker than usual. Sis also says we shouldn't break people... I'd get in trouble if we broke someone on our first time out... she'd never let me out..."

> You encourage everyone to fly spread out, although the three Flandres still fly close to each other; insisting they're strongest together since they are the same person anyway.

> "You'll have to ask Sis about that." the Flandres respond.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 15, 2019, 11:36:08 pm
> "Leave the breaking to me, as I'll break her myself if she tries huting my friends!"
> Don't leave Daiyousei, pick her up again
> Make it pitch black around us

> "Lets drop off Daiyousei at Kogasa on the way back"

> Make our way back to Kogasa, drop off Daiyousei and continue towards Wriggle
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 15, 2019, 11:54:51 pm
>Check on Mayina on the way. Just in case this lady knows him somehow, we don't want him being "silenced" or "re-recruited"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 16, 2019, 03:45:04 am
> Before we reach Kogasa and Mayina tell Cirno
> "Cirno can you guard Daiyousei and the others once we drop her off?  In a secret way if possible like hiding in a tree and watch over them, I'm worried this phantom might double back and try and go for Mayina considering how much they know about daemons.  If a phantom tries to come near them you can go all out and freeze them solid, no spell card rules"

> Keep our senses sharp for that tingly sensation we feel around shrines, it might mean we're close
> Also pay attention if we feel anything through our ribbon, it has interacted in the past with shrine areas/borders (Myouren Temple)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 16, 2019, 01:49:48 pm
> "Leave the breaking to me, as I'll break her myself if she tries huting my friends!"
> Don't leave Daiyousei, pick her up again
> Make it pitch black around us

> "Lets drop off Daiyousei at Kogasa on the way back"

> Make our way back to Kogasa, drop off Daiyousei and continue towards Wriggle

> "There's times when you're allowed to break people without getting into trouble?" the clones ask.

> You pick up Daiyousei again. Cirno flies over and looks annoyed when she sees her friend's injuries.

> You fly back to where you left Kogasa and Mayina.

>Check on Mayina on the way. Just in case this lady knows him somehow, we don't want him being "silenced" or "re-recruited"

> Kogasa is with the daemon. Mayina seens to be awake now, but is still sitting down and looks worn. He ignores your presence.

> Before we reach Kogasa and Mayina tell Cirno
> "Cirno can you guard Daiyousei and the others once we drop her off?  In a secret way if possible like hiding in a tree and watch over them, I'm worried this phantom might double back and try and go for Mayina considering how much they know about daemons.  If a phantom tries to come near them you can go all out and freeze them solid, no spell card rules"

> Keep our senses sharp for that tingly sensation we feel around shrines, it might mean we're close
> Also pay attention if we feel anything through our ribbon, it has interacted in the past with shrine areas/borders (Myouren Temple)

> Cirno looks like she's going to protest about being left behind, but then looks at Daiyousei again and instead says "Well of course the strongest needs to look after those who can't fight!"

> "She is surprisingly strong for a fairy." the Flandre that was with Cirno says. "Far stronger than any of those maids."

> "What's going on?" Kogasa asks. "Another phantom?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 16, 2019, 03:37:58 pm
> "Shoot a laser into the sky if you see anything come near, Kogasa"
> Look at Mayina
> "We'll be right back"

> Continue to where we think he last Flandre is
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 16, 2019, 03:49:16 pm
> "Shoot a laser into the sky if you see anything come near, Kogasa"
> Look at Mayina
> "We'll be right back"

> Continue to where we think he last Flandre is

> "Uh... does that count things that aren't dangerous?" Kogasa asks.

> "No Kogasa." Wriggle replies. "Only if something dangerous shows up."

> "Like Sanae?"

> "Are you trying to set it up so that you fire a laser into the air, we show up and you surprise us with what it is?" Wriggle asks.

> "Maybe." Kogasa admits, looking all shy and not making eye contact with Wriggle.

> The daemon still ignores you.

> You fly off in the direction that Wriggle said Mystia flew off in earlier, which is in the general direction of the burn marks on the ground that were the Hakurei Shrine, with Wriggle and the trio of Flandre clones following you.

> After flying for a while; you see a flash of light, following by the panicked hooting of owls. Sure enough; some owls fly out from the treelines.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 16, 2019, 04:07:33 pm
// Forgot to answer Flandre's question
> "Oh and Flandre, I wasn't thinking of the same kind of breaking that you were.  I mean more like psychologically breaking them than physically ... kinda like what I did to him"  Point back towards where Mayina is
> "Interrogation will get us one step closer to solving this incident and finding the leader of the heretics"

> Keep going
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 16, 2019, 06:21:39 pm
// Forgot to answer Flandre's question
> "Oh and Flandre, I wasn't thinking of the same kind of breaking that you were.  I mean more like psychologically breaking them than physically ... kinda like what I did to him"  Point back towards where Mayina is
> "Interrogation will get us one step closer to solving this incident and finding the leader of the heretics"

> Keep going

> The Flandres look a little confused.

> "Heretics... so people are still like that..." she says with a hint of sadness. "Why do people fight over such stupid things."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 16, 2019, 07:01:16 pm
> "We're not after them because they are heretics, we're after them because they're attacking Gensokyo and they just happen to be heretics"

> Onwards
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 16, 2019, 07:02:23 pm
> "We're not after them because they are heretics, we're after them because they're attacking Gensokyo and they just happen to be heretics

> Flandre looks more confused, but then says "Well; they're after the Original. Can't have that."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 16, 2019, 07:04:46 pm
> "Okay, if we see them attacking Flandre or Mystia start shooting, we'll ask questions later!"
> Approach the area, spellcards in hand
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 16, 2019, 08:39:38 pm
> "Okay, if we see them attacking Flandre or Mystia start shooting, we'll ask questions later!"
> Approach the area, spellcards in hand

> You head to the area where you saw the owls coming from.

> You see Mystia fireing danmaku at a phantom; who isn't fighting back; just evadeing. It's not the same one as before.

> This phantom is wearing an outfit surprisingly similar to yours. A shirt, a vest over it, and some sort of tie on her neck, although the style of the tie is different, and her vest is open. She has a large pair of clearly bat-like wings, larger than any daemon you've seen relative to her body size [They're as tall as she is!]. She's wearing a long skirt; also like you, and even has a large ribbon on top of her head. In her hand is a star-tipped wand, and there seems to be some sort of star mark on her cheek. She has large-pointed ears. Physically, you'd say she looks like a human around 12 [Whereas you look about 10 and Flandre looks 8]

(https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/0/03/Elis.full.1969699.png/revision/latest?cb=20170809052404)

> Mystia pulls out a spellcard. "Hawk Sign: Ill-Starred Dive!"

> Hawk familiars start flying into the area, leaving behind trails of danmaku that then split into two, flying opposite directions. The figure is having no issues evadeing. You assume the owls were the familars for Mystia's Vocal Sign: Hooting in the Night spellcard, that either broke... or judgeing from the fact this phantom is just evadeing, timed out. Mystia is singing [In Birdsong] while her familiars fire most of the danmaku.

> You can't see the fourth Flandre around.

[It wasn't until I was writing the description that I noticed how similar Elis is to Rumia in design 0_0. Also Elis is not blessed by having much art.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 16, 2019, 08:48:22 pm
> "Going for Pacifist 1CC eh?"
> Shout "Mystia WAIT!"
> "That's not the phantom that attacked Wriggle!"
> "She's not even fighting back!"

> Is Mystia using danmaku or magical?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 16, 2019, 08:55:21 pm
> "Going for Pacifist 1CC eh?"
> Shout "Mystia WAIT!"
> "That's not the phantom that attacked Wriggle Cirno!"
> "She's not even fighting back!"

> Is Mystia using danmaku or magical?

> Mystia dosen't respond, since she declared a spellcard; she's in a semi-trance like state right now.

> She pulled out and declared a spellcard, so it's definitely danmaku.

> The phantom looks over to you, your shout drawing her attention, then looks at the three Flandres.

> She then looks back at Mystia and yawns while dodgeing.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 16, 2019, 08:58:39 pm
>How long does this particular spellcard last?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 16, 2019, 09:00:21 pm
 > Turn towards phantom
 > "Don't shoot at her please, your bullets aren't danmaku and will harm her!"

> Can distracting her with barriers break her spell?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 16, 2019, 09:07:36 pm
>How long does this particular spellcard last?

> Not that long.

> Turn towards phantom
 > "Don't shoot at her please, your bullets aren't danmaku and will harm her!"

> Can distracting her with barriers break her spell?

> "Why would I waste my energy on such a weakling?" the phantom asks lazily. The more you watch the more her movements seem... casual, and the look on her face as she evades Mystia's attacks looks like she's mocking her.

> Spellcards are only broken by timeout or a big enough shock [usually pain from danmaku] to break the trance.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 16, 2019, 10:27:42 pm
> "Are you a greater class daemon?"
> "Sorry, but once you start a spell you can't stop it, that's how our spells work"
> Would a physical attack that causes a reflexive response break her spell?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 16, 2019, 10:32:42 pm
>"...So judging from the fact that you're not going to bother fighting, perhaps you'd be more willing to talk with us than some of the other Daemons that have been trying to cross over...?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 16, 2019, 10:37:15 pm
// Edit
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 16, 2019, 10:40:12 pm
> "Are you a greater class daemon?"
> "Sorry, but once you start a spell you can't stop it, that's how our spells work"
> Would a physical attack that causes a reflexive response break her spell?

> "You know a fair bit about demonology! That's surprising..." the phantom says.

> "I don't want her to stop; this is amusing!"

> It would be more likly that the pain/impact from such a thing would; although with Mystia as a youkai, it would have to be a fairly serious attack to cause enough of a response.

>"...So judging from the fact that you're not going to bother fighting, perhaps you'd be more willing to talk with us than some of the other Daemons that have been trying to cross over...?"

> "I see no issue amusing your whims while I entertain myself."

// Edit

Somehow you managed that between me reading the posts and pressing quote.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 16, 2019, 11:04:40 pm
> "Well I like Makai, and you evaded my question miss"
> "Okay, I was going to try stopping her but if you're fine with it I won't"
> "So, what brings you to Gensokyo?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 16, 2019, 11:07:42 pm
>"Well you don't look like a Koa, so you obviously have to be a Chu or greater, assuming you're actually a Daemon."
>"Anyway, before we begin, let's introduce ourselves at least. I'm Rumia, what's your name?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 16, 2019, 11:41:35 pm
> "Well I like Makai, and you evaded my question miss"
> "Okay, I was going to try stopping her but if you're fine with it I won't"
> "So, what brings you to Gensokyo?"

> "You were correct, which is why I said you know your demonology." the phantom says in a tone as if she's explaining to a child.

> "Looking for various things. I see no reason to tell you exactly what..."

>"Well you don't look like a Koa, so you obviously have to be a Chu or greater, assuming you're actually a Daemon."
>"Anyway, before we begin, let's introduce ourselves at least. I'm Rumia, what's your name?"

> "I'm a most noble strain of daemon." the phantom says.

> "Elis. And please, call me by what my strain call themselves. Associating me with regular daemons is demeaning. I'm a Vampire."

> The Flandres look concerned hearing that.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 17, 2019, 12:23:53 am
> "So tourism basically ... ?"
> Make our cheeryest face
> "Hey we showed someone around recently, maybe you're just like them!  Wanna come with us?  I'm sure we'll visit various places in Gensokyo while investigating this incident"

> "Say, are you someone's familiar and do you have familiars?"
> "Also what do you think of lady Shinki?"
> Look her in the eyes (cheerfully) while asking that last part, hopefully we can tell if she's sincere
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 17, 2019, 01:14:39 am
> "So tourism basically ... ?"
> Make our cheeryest face
> "Hey we showed someone around recently, maybe you're just like them!  Wanna come with us?  I'm sure we'll visit various places in Gensokyo while investigating this incident"

> "Say, are you someone's familiar and do you have familiars?"
> "Also what do you think of lady Shinki?"
> Look her in the eyes (cheerfully) while asking that last part, hopefully we can tell if she's sincere

> "Business." Elis says.

> "Unless they were like me, they were probobly nothing like me." the vampire responds.

> The Vampire looks insulted when you ask if she is a familiar, and glows with a red energy for a few moments. The air chills for a moment, sending a blood-curdleing shiver down you. "A Vampire would never be someone's familiar."

> When you mention Shinki, there isn't a response. Then, a moment after, the Phantom shimmers, and the blue vanishes. The phantom comes into full color, like Louise did.

> Seeing the vampire in color; she looks even more like you.

> "You know... too much about Makai." she says, floating still and deflecting Mystia's danmaku with flicks of her wand, not even looking.

> Mystia's spellcard breaks, and she looks over to you immediately.

> "She's not..." Mystia starts, before the vampire appears in front of her and tosses her through the trees to the ground.

> "You're not amusing anymore, winged beast." Elis states coldly, before turning back to you.

> "Now then, how interesting are you all? A native who knows about Makai, some sort of... insect... and a lesser Vampire Triplet."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 17, 2019, 02:39:10 am
> Is Mystia okay?  Visually, don't turn our back or move towards her
> Make a serious face and point at Mystia
> "That was uncalled for!  You're in Gensokyo and we use the Spell Card System here which means you can't use lethal magic or kill people!  There's a vicious shrine maiden that enforces these rules, and trust me you don't wanna get on her bad side, I've been there" low voice "and might still be!"

> "Know ... too much?  Aren't all welcome to come to Makai?"
> Pay close attention to how she responds to this (not in a noticeable way) as we're quoting Shinki

> "Well I manipulate darkness"
> Make it as dark as we can around all of us (including the daemoness)
> "Interesting isn't it?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 17, 2019, 08:31:08 pm
> Is Mystia okay?  Visually, don't turn our back or move towards her
> Make a serious face and point at Mystia
> "That was uncalled for!  You're in Gensokyo and we use the Spell Card System here which means you can't use lethal magic or kill people!  There's a vicious shrine maiden that enforces these rules, and trust me you don't wanna get on her bad side, I've been there" low voice "and might still be!"

> "Know ... too much?  Aren't all welcome to come to Makai?"
> Pay close attention to how she responds to this (not in a noticeable way) as we're quoting Shinki

> "Well I manipulate darkness"
> Make it as dark as we can around all of us (including the daemoness)
> "Interesting isn't it?"

> You cannot tell through the treeline, but she's probobly alright.

> "If she's weak enough to die from something like that, she probobly dosen't deserve to exist." the vampire says.

> "All may come to Makai. Dosen't mean we have to welcome them."

> The vampire shows mild interest at your darkness powers, before she waves her wand.

> It gets even darker.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 17, 2019, 10:01:33 pm
> Damn she's good at being ambiguous, can't tell if shes heretic or not

> "You're using a spell or magic, I create darkness without even trying"
> "How bout this?"
> Form a Demarcation darkness spherical barrier between us and her
> "I can separate the boundary of light and darkness in a way that there's no intermediate area between them"


> "Also I see you're able to slip through our world's barrier, how come?  Others haven't been as successful without using a portal"
> "Additionally, I assume you're aware of the treaty between Makai and Gensokyo?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 17, 2019, 10:16:23 pm
> Damn she's good at being ambiguous, can't tell if shes heretic or not

> "You're using a spell or magic, I create darkness without even trying"
> "How bout this?"
> Form a Demarcation darkness spherical barrier between us and her
> "I can separate the boundary of light and darkness in a way that there's no intermediate area between them"


> "Also I see you're able to slip through our world's barrier, how come?  Others haven't been as successful without using a portal"
> "Additionally, I assume you're aware of the treaty between Makai and Gensokyo?"

> "Isn't an ability just magic?"

> "Hmm. a barrier to separate Light and Darkness. A trick of a child." the vampire states, before she creates a similar barrier.

> "I'm far more powerful than most daemons. It's natural I succeed where they fail."

> "I don't think a treaty means much when Makaians are going to Gensokyo and Gensokyians are going to Makai. Don't you know some Gensokiyans broke the truce a few years ago to free some monk? Your side started all this. Or should I say gave us an excuse."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 17, 2019, 10:25:52 pm
> Dispel the demarcation sphere

> "If you put it that way isn't everything magic?  Even life itself?"
> "Darkness and barriers are my natural talent that's all.  I do want to get stronger and improve my skills but I'm not sure how"

> "Are you as strong as Yuki or Mai?"

> Do we know about the UFO incident and Byakuren?

> "I didn't have any part in making that treaty, just giving you the heads up since there's a scary shrine maiden that enforces this stuff"
> "Personally I like the idea of being able to freely travel between Gensokyo and Makai but each place has its own rules and visitors need to follow them if they expect to be welcome"

> "I made this using different types and shapes of barriers"
> Show her the compass we made, marking all of our locations with tiny darkness spheres
> "It always points in the same direction and those spheres are our locations relative to me"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 18, 2019, 11:21:46 am
> Dispel the demarcation sphere

> "If you put it that way isn't everything magic?  Even life itself?"
> "Darkness and barriers are my natural talent that's all.  I do want to get stronger and improve my skills but I'm not sure how"

> "Are you as strong as Yuki or Mai?"

> Do we know about the UFO incident and Byakuren?

> "I didn't have any part in making that treaty, just giving you the heads up since there's a scary shrine maiden that enforces this stuff"
> "Personally I like the idea of being able to freely travel between Gensokyo and Makai but each place has its own rules and visitors need to follow them if they expect to be welcome"

> "I made this using different types and shapes of barriers"
> Show her the compass we made, marking all of our locations with tiny darkness spheres
> "It always points in the same direction and those spheres are our locations relative to me"

> "Of course, Makai is the World of Magic, magic is everything."

> The daemon dosen't respond to your woes about your strength.

> "I'm fairly confident I could hold my ground if I had to fight them. Don't know for sure. It's hard to know who's magic is superior unless you test it..."

> You know about the UFO incident, but you don't know about it's full resolution, such as the journey to Makai. You tried to catch a few but you could never break em open or keep up; they'd fly away really fast after a short while around you.

> "Shrine Maiden huh? Purple Hair?"

> As you are showing off your compass, Mystia flies back up, looking irritated, at the same time, you notice Remilia; Sakuya; Koakuma and the last Flandre flying over from behind Elis.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 18, 2019, 04:22:49 pm
> Mark Remilia Koa and Fladre with tiny moving darkness spheres on our compass

> "I guess you're one of the strongest in Makai then"
> "The shrine maiden has dark brown hair, not purple"

> Look towards them and say "Oh hey its Flandre, Koa and Remi!"

> "I'm sure they'll be a whole lot more interesting than me, to you I'm just the average garden variety Youkai..."
> Make a sad face after saying that
> "Anyways what did you think of the barrier thing?  I want to learn how to make more complicated things out of barriers"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 18, 2019, 08:19:44 pm
   [Edit and posting the right,complete reply]
 
> Mark Remilia Koa and Fladre with tiny moving darkness spheres on our compass

> "I guess you're one of the strongest in Makai then"
> "The shrine maiden has dark brown hair, not purple"

> Look towards them and say "Oh hey its Flandre, Koa and Remi!"

> "I'm sure they'll be a whole lot more interesting than me, I'm just the average garden variety Youkai..."
> Make a sad face after saying that
> "Anyways what did you think of the barrier thing?  I want to learn how to make more complicated things out of barriers"
// Elis("Innocenti Devil"),on Business and acting like that?She is in facto ambiguous and suspect,no more than that so far,but either an "Heretic Suspect" or " both Self-Serving and on Shinki/True Rightful- side ".//

> Before Elis' reply,half-gaze on her and  half on Mystia,wave at Mystia and assume calm and soothing tone: " Glad you are okay,Mysti! "
> " Please,excuse Elis for that rash action :  it's her first time in Gensokyo ,not knowing the whos and hows ,not on tourism but on business  and she did held back ."

// We should be prepared to mitigate and mediate to an extent ,meaning not to the point of Rumia and her group becoming or being marked as hinderance , the ensuing confrontation between (Vampire, Outside World-Gensokyo ,Youkai-like )Remilia,with possibly some turn by Flandre by her side,and Elis(Idem,but from Makai,Daemon-like) . //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 18, 2019, 10:13:45 pm
// I don't think she's heretic, might be a third faction (possibly she was behind the original Mystic Square incident and related to running the travel agency?) since she said she was looking for an "excuse" to violate the treaty and go to Gensokyo
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 19, 2019, 07:17:30 pm
> Mark Remilia Koa and Fladre with tiny moving darkness spheres on our compass

> "I guess you're one of the strongest in Makai then"
> "The shrine maiden has dark brown hair, not purple"

> Look towards them and say "Oh hey its Flandre, Koa and Remi!"

> "I'm sure they'll be a whole lot more interesting than me, to you I'm just the average garden variety Youkai..."
> Make a sad face after saying that
> "Anyways what did you think of the barrier thing?  I want to learn how to make more complicated things out of barriers"

> You don't see much purpose in doing that seeing as you can... well... see them. Still; you do this.

> "Vampires in general are amoung the highest class of daemons." Elis responds.

> "Shame, I hoped for a rematch with that shrine maiden."

> Amazingly; the vampire actually turns around.

> Remilia's face seems to twist, although it's hard to tell from the distance. Both her and Sakuya vanish, and appear in front of Elis; striking her with claw and knife. The two clearly have killing intent in their looks. Elis seems largely uneffected, merely floating backwards a little and looking amused. Koakuma is left behind, unable to keep up.

> Meanwhile; the three cloned Flandres fly towards the main Flandre, and they merge into one again. Flandre stays about an equal distance between Remilia and Koakuma [Who is still frantically attempting to fly towards the group.]

> Before Elis' reply,half-gaze on her and  half on Mystia,wave at Mystia and assume calm and soothing tone: " Glad you are okay,Mysti! "
> " Please,excuse Elis for that rash action :  it's her first time in Gensokyo ,not knowing the whos and hows ,not on tourism but on business  and she did held back ."

> "I'm fine, but she's up to something Rumia, she was talking to some other phantom about looking for the 'items'. The other one vanished however, it looked sort of like a Shrine Maiden. Then she noticed me and challenged me to hit her..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 19, 2019, 07:31:25 pm
> The reason we marked them was to give Elis the heads up (before Remilia, Sakuya and Koakuma realize we're aware of them)

> Shout "Stop it now!" Sound as imposing as we can
> "If she's as powerful as she claims we don't stand a chance"
> "Was she the one that broke in to your mansion or was it her shrine maiden friend?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 19, 2019, 07:37:52 pm
>To Mystia: (Before Tom)
>>"A shrine maiden? Cirno and Daiyousei were attacked by a demon that looked like a shrine maiden! At least we know where she went now..."
>>"The question is which side are both of them on...? Are they part of the incident, or are they some third party with their own agenda... At least they certainly seem more willing to talk then the others, or at least Elis is..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 19, 2019, 07:43:44 pm
// After Evil_Nazgul0616's second action
> "I think we all know too well that there's no right or wrong when it comes to incidents, everyone has their own plans and what seems wrong to us might seem very right to someone else"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 19, 2019, 09:28:18 pm
>To Mystia: (Before Tom)
>>"A shrine maiden? Cirno and Daiyousei were attacked by a demon that looked like a shrine maiden! At least we know where she went now..."
>>"The question is which side are both of them on...? Are they part of the incident, or are they some third party with their own agenda... At least they certainly seem more willing to talk then the others, or at least Elis is..."

> "Did they meet up before or after they met you however? I've been toyed with by that vampire for a while..."

> "Well; they mentioned they're after certain items... and we know the ones behind this are after Alice's book for some reason." Mystia says. "But they said 'items'. So maybe they're after something else?"

// After Evil_Nazgul0616's second action
> "I think we all know too well that there's no right or wrong when it comes to incidents, everyone has their own plans and what seems wrong to us might seem very right to someone else"

> "I dunno. Sometimes there's wrong. Wasn't that whole incident underground a few years ago some crazy crow who was going to fry everything?"

> The reason we marked them was to give Elis the heads up (before Remilia, Sakuya and Koakuma realize we're aware of them)

> Shout "Stop it now!" Sound as imposing as we can
> "If she's as powerful as she claims we don't stand a chance"
> "Was she the one that broke in to your mansion or was it her shrine maiden friend?"

> Remilia ignores you. Sakuya appears beside you.

> "There are matters at hand beyond that which you are aware." the maid says. "You would be mindful to not underestimate us as well."

> Sakuya vanishes and launched another attack upon the Makaian Vampire; who seems to be gleefully smiling as she evades, parries with small magics, and take the occasional hit which seems to immediately heal. She isn't fighting back however, although she seems to be putting far more effort in than against Mystia.

> Koakuma finally arrives and flies over to you. Flandre follows.

> "No-one saw who tampered with Flandre's seal, but the magics used were Vampiric." she explains. "And they were different to the Youngest Mistress' magic as well. It's quite likely this Vampire tampered with the seal, mistakeing it for another one, which let her out. After all, if she can materilise anywhere and was after the youngest, she'd have just manifested in her chambers. Unless there's a fourth Vampire flying about Gensokyo right now... [ * ]"

> "Koa... how much of Patchy and Sis's research do you know about?" Flandre asks.

> "I'm part of that research, Lady Flandre, I was summoned as part of it."

[ [ * ] At the Lake of Blood; Kurumi sneezes]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 19, 2019, 09:39:47 pm
> "I'm sure that crow and her friends thought what they were doing was very reasonable"

> Turn to Sakuya and Remilia
> "I don't underestimate you, it's just that we're all walking on a very thin line right here you see...  If you get hurt fighting her Reimu will surely launch another full scale attack on Makai, and if she gets hurt Shinki will surely avenge her fallen child"
> "Which is why I think we should avoid fighting at all costs"

> "What seal are you after, Elis?  If it has nothing to do with us I doubt we'll get in your way"
> "It's not like there's that many seals in Gensokyo anyways!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 19, 2019, 09:44:15 pm
>"Oh, so it's a personal matter, then... that's understandable"

>Actually did we ever tell Mystia about Alice's book?
>>If so, then whisper to Mystia.
>>"Mystia... Why on earth would you mention a certain item where Elis could hear it...? If she does turn out to be one of or in league with the heretics you could've put Alice at risk!"

>>If not then this obviously isn't the real Mystia, and we should be cautious.

>We should probably make good on Yumeko and Shinki's requests soon...
>Recall what Yumeko's exact words were again?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 19, 2019, 09:48:01 pm
> Turn to Remilia
> "So you're researching Makai and how to summon familiars?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 19, 2019, 09:53:16 pm
> "I'm sure that crow and her friends thought what they were doing was very reasonable"

> Turn to Sakuya and Remilia
> "I don't underestimate you, it's just that we're all walking on a very thin line right here you see...  If you get hurt fighting her Reimu will surely launch another full scale attack on Makai, and if she gets hurt Shinki will surely avenge her fallen child"
> "Which is why I think we should avoid fighting at all costs"

> "What seal are you after, Elis?  If it has nothing to do with us I doubt we'll get in your way"
> "It's not like there's that many seals in Gensokyo anyways!"

> Sakuya and Remilia do not respond.

> Flandre looks like she remembers something suddenly.

> "Sis said something about a star on a cheek. Ages ago... I think she's seen this other vampire before... but I can't recall where..."

> "Vampires are, at their root, a Makaian species. There shouldn't be any issues if a Vampire, or their servants. kills a Vampire." Koakuma explains.

> "The seal between Makai and Gensokyo." the vampire says casually. "As I said, not everyone is good enough to be able to materialize like me."

>"Oh, so it's a personal matter, then... that's understandable"

>Actually did we ever tell Mystia about Alice's book?
>>If so, then whisper to Mystia.
>>"Mystia... Why on earth would you mention a certain item where Elis could hear it...? If she does turn out to be one of or in league with the heretics you could've put Alice at risk!"

>>If not then this obviously isn't the real Mystia, and we should be cautious.

>We should probably make good on Yumeko and Shinki's requests soon...
>Recall what Yumeko's exact words were again?

> You cannot recall teling Mystia about it... but you also know Mystia has fought Alice before [During *that* Night, as she'd put it.]. So she is probobly aware of the fact Alice has a Grimoire anyway. It also may have been brought up while you were in Makai among the group.

> "It may be." Koakuma says.

> Mystia covers her mouth, and mutters "My big beak..."

>
Quote from: Yumeko
> Ensure that no-one gets the Grimoire.

> Turn to Remilia
> "So you're researching Makai and how to summon familiars?"

> Remilia is too busy fighting.

> "She is researching Vampirism, which led her to researching Makai." Koakuma says
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 19, 2019, 10:02:09 pm
>Whisper to Mystia:
>"When this is over, just in case she heard you, we should probably high-tail it to Alice immediately. I was planning on heading there anyway, so might as well do so sooner than later... Hopefully she won't attack us like last time..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 19, 2019, 10:30:39 pm
> "If you really are Makaians how come you haven't run out of energy all these years outside the Miasma?"

> "Anyways, if you insist you're allowed to fight each other go ahead, there's not much we can do to stop you"
> "It would be nice if you used the spell card rules though, the loser has to do what the winner says anyways"

> "We'll get out of your way then"
> Turn to our group
> "Lets head back and check on Daiyousei"
> Return to where we left Daiyousei and Mayina
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 19, 2019, 10:34:06 pm
> Return to where we left Daiyousei and Mayina
>Make sure nobody unexpected follows us on the way.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 20, 2019, 06:38:13 pm
>Whisper to Mystia:
>"When this is over, just in case she heard you, we should probably high-tail it to Alice immediately. I was planning on heading there anyway, so might as well do so sooner than later... Hopefully she won't attack us like last time..."

> Mystia dosen't speak, she just nods a little, still holding her hand over her mouth.

> "If you really are Makaians how come you haven't run out of energy all these years outside the Miasma?"

> "Anyways, if you insist you're allowed to fight each other go ahead, there's not much we can do to stop you"
> "It would be nice if you used the spell card rules though, the loser has to do what the winner says anyways"

> "We'll get out of your way then"
> Turn to our group
> "Lets head back and check on Daiyousei"
> Return to where we left Daiyousei and Mayina

> "Well; I get my energy from Lady Patchouli. And the Mistresses are Humans that were turned into Vampires; so they can use the energy from both worlds, as well as simply using Blood Magic." Koakuma explains. "Why Vampires came to this dimension in the first place isn't clear, but it seems they an fuel themselves with Blood Magic just fine too."

> Koakuma looks a little bit surprised when you decide to leave, but dosen't attempt to stop you.

>Make sure nobody unexpected follows us on the way.

> You head back to Daiyousei, Cirno, Kogasa and Mayina. No-one seems to follow you.

> You arrive to see Cirno and Kogasa looking on edge, and clear signs there was some sort of scuffle. Daiyousei is awake and sitting up, a few trees away from Mayina, who looks mildly concerned.

> "Surprise!" Kogasa says. "Someone attacked us but I didn't shoot into the air!"

> Even Cirno sighs at this.

> "Some phantom appeared and lunged at him." Cirno says, pointing at Mayina. "But I was stronger and froze it."

> "It looked like it was trying to grab him." Kogasa adds.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 20, 2019, 06:50:37 pm
> So its possible to use energy from both worlds?  Make a mental note to look in to this for Mayina in Gensokyo and for us in Makai

> "Hey Mayina, do you know that phantom?  Old boss maybe? Or boss's boss?"
> "Whoever it is I'm not going to let 'em get to you"
> Is the frozen phantom still there or did it disappear

> "We should hurry to Alice as soon as possible, she might be in danger"
> Go to the forest of magic (fly just above the ground so Mayina can keep up)
> If Mayina makes a run for it, form a flat strong barrier in front of him
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 20, 2019, 07:20:17 pm
>"Thanks for that, Cirno. I would've felt horrible if something happened to him while we were away..."
>"Are you okay, Mayina?"

>Don't timeskip to the forest of magic yet, starting the journey is fine.
>Make sure we're not being followed.

>EDIT: on second thought let's not start the journey yet. We're in the middle of conversations after all. Saying that we should go to Alice is fine tho. Just don't start moving yet.

Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 20, 2019, 10:29:31 pm
> So its possible to use energy from both worlds?  Make a mental note to look in to this for Mayina in Gensokyo and for us in Makai

> "Hey Mayina, do you know that phantom?  Old boss maybe? Or boss's boss?"
> "Whoever it is I'm not going to let 'em get to you"
> Is the frozen phantom still there or did it disappear

> "We should hurry to Alice as soon as possible, she might be in danger"
> Go to the forest of magic (fly just above the ground so Mayina can keep up)
> If Mayina makes a run for it, form a flat strong barrier in front of him

> You make a note that, at least Vampires and Children of Shinki [Due to Alice] can use powers from multiple worlds.

> "I never met my old Master." Mayina says. "I've never seen that attacker before."

> "I don't get why you'd put yourselves in danger however. I'm not your ally." he adds.

>"Thanks for that, Cirno. I would've felt horrible if something happened to him while we were away..."
>"Are you okay, Mayina?"

>Don't timeskip to the forest of magic yet, starting the journey is fine.
>Make sure we're not being followed.

>EDIT: on second thought let's not start the journey yet. We're in the middle of conversations after all. Saying that we should go to Alice is fine tho. Just don't start moving yet.

> "She's bragging a bit, the umbrella did most of the work." Mayina states.

> Cirno looks a little embarassed.

> "I'm fine, if I had been endangered I would have just tapped into the magic I still have from Makai if I had to. The deamon wasn't anything too impressive."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 20, 2019, 10:45:34 pm
>is Mayina standing?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 20, 2019, 11:11:54 pm
>is Mayina standing?

> He is still sitting by a tree
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 20, 2019, 11:34:21 pm
> Always use our Rumia Charm when talking to him
> Offer Mayina a hand to help him up
> "I believe that people can change...  That's why I didn't just let Yumeko ... eradicate you"
> Start walking slowly towards forest of magic
> "I also convinced Yumeko to free you from your previous master, so you don't have to take orders anymore"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 21, 2019, 03:01:04 am
>Inventory
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 21, 2019, 01:29:17 pm
> Always use our Rumia Charm when talking to him
> Offer Mayina a hand to help him up
> "I believe that people can change...  That's why I didn't just let Yumeko ... eradicate you"
> Start walking slowly towards forest of magic
> "I also convinced Yumeko to free you from your previous master, so you don't have to take orders anymore"

> Error - Skill not found

> The daemon refuses and gets up of his own accord.

> "Instead you chose a life of suffering for me with oblivion at the end regardless. Clearly; a kinder option." Mayina states.

> "Well if they did not break my contract, I would have likely perished when they combed my mind for information. Of course, that's also why I wasn't given any information."

>Inventory

> Spellcards

> Crushed Pentle
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 21, 2019, 02:05:10 pm
> Dispel all active barriers (compass included)

> Always make our best charming but reassuring smile while talking to him

> When we said people can change we meant everyone, including Yumeko
> "You're not getting the point but that's expected...  I gave you a new life here in Gensokyo.  All I'll suggest is that you make it count ..."

> "It's not unheard of to find ways to extend or perpetuate one's life, we're in Gensokyo after all"

> Move at a slow pace towards the Forest of Magic, walk next to Mayina so we can talk
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 22, 2019, 07:31:15 pm
> Dispel all active barriers (compass included)

> Always make our best charming but reassuring smile while talking to him

> When we said people can change we meant everyone, including Yumeko
> "You're not getting the point but that's expected...  I gave you a new life here in Gensokyo.  All I'll suggest is that you make it count ..."

> "It's not unheard of to find ways to extend or perpetuate one's life, we're in Gensokyo after all"

> Move at a slow pace towards the Forest of Magic, walk next to Mayina so we can talk

> You dispel your barriers; except; of course, the one you naturally use to control your darkness sphere. [You don't even think you can dispel it].

> "You say life, I say Purgatory." Mayina responds with no enthusiasm. "Why would I wish to extend my suffering?"

> Every time you try and walk next to the daemon he either speeds up or slows down to avoid it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 22, 2019, 08:04:31 pm
> Why would we even try to?  Our darkness sphere is part of who we are!
> "Perhaps there's redemption for those who go through Purgatory..."
> "Tell me now, what is it that you miss the most from Makai?"

> Stop trying to walk next to him he can come closer if he wants to
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 22, 2019, 09:56:55 pm
> Why would we even try to?  Our darkness sphere is part of who we are!
> "Perhaps there's redemption for those who go through Purgatory..."
> "Tell me now, what is it that you miss the most from Makai?"

> Stop trying to walk next to him he can come closer if he wants to

> "Redemption? Bah. Maybe if that blasted Goddess starts taking responsibility for the mess of a world Makai is and starts fixing it. I don't want redemption from her." Mayina states. "She dosen't care, we're just all playthings she watches for her amusement. To her, we're danceing dolls."

> "Being able to cast magic without worrying about running out. Then I'd be able to kill you all and rid myself of you. But I already know with my limited reserves I don't have the power to do it. So here I am, stuck with you idiots."

> He's keeping as far apart from anyone else as possible, with the others keeping him more or less penned in so he can't make a run for it.

[Updated the character list again. Sadly the Cirno rank is gone and replaced with Playful which covers Cirno; Flan and Donitia, who are all largely playful kids... but also liable to pick fights due to their natures, Mayina's title got updated and he's been upgraded to Unfriendly.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 22, 2019, 10:49:40 pm
> "I believe that everyone can change including Yumeko and Shinki if you give them a chance, like I gave you..."
> "I'll do everything I can to help with your magic once I'm convinced you're willing to give people a chance too"

> Stay in the middle of all the others and keep going towards the Forest of Magic
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 22, 2019, 10:54:09 pm
>Make sure we aren't being followed
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 22, 2019, 11:12:23 pm
> "I believe that everyone can change including Yumeko and Shinki if you give them a chance, like I gave you..."
> "I'll do everything I can to help with your magic once I'm convinced you're willing to give people a chance too"

> Stay in the middle of all the others and keep going towards the Forest of Magic

> "I doubt it."

> "Someone as weak as you couldn't hope to fuel me."

> You continue to the Forest of Magic. You are nearing the clearing between the Youkai Forest and the Forest of Magic, the plains where the Human Village lies.

>Make sure we aren't being followed

> Aside from Kogasa [Who is bringing up the rear of your group] you don't see anyone following you.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 22, 2019, 11:14:54 pm
>"That's why I plan to become stronger. And if that doesn't work I'll find another way."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 22, 2019, 11:26:39 pm
> When we were in Makai did we feel like we had a limited total amount of energy or like we could only use a small amount of the Makaian energy's potential
> Ask Kogasa about what she felt too

> "Besides, I'll need to get stronger anyways if I want to stand up to the ones causing this incident!"

> "I'm sure most would have doubted I could change given how much I liked and still like meat!"
> "In the past I would have eaten anyone that stood in front of me"
> "Yet I was able to change that almost instinct like behavior of mine when we decided to adopt rules"

> Have a glance at the human village when we get to the clearing, see if we notice anything different from usual
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 23, 2019, 12:10:18 am
>"That's why I plan to become stronger. And if that doesn't work I'll find another way."

> "Knock yourself out doing that then."

> When we were in Makai did we feel like we had a limited total amount of energy or did we feel like we just couldn't use the Makaian energy's full potential
> Ask Kogasa about what she felt too

> "Besides, I'll need to get stronger anyways if I want to stand up to the ones causing this incident!"

> "I'm sure most would have doubted I could change given how much I liked and still like meat!"
> "In the past I would have eaten anyone that stood in front of me"
> "Yet I was able to change that almost instinct like behavior of mine when we decided to adopt rules"

> Have a glance at the human village when we get to the clearing, see if we notice anything different from usual

> You're not sure. You usually get tired if you don't eat in general, and you didn't fight much in Makai for fatigue to start. Neither did you eat.

> "I felt normal." Kogasa says. "But I didn't need a fishbowl thing either."

> "Given you could hardly stand up to me with your numbers advantage, that is true." Mayina says.

> "Weren't you Reimu's first victim of the Spellcard rules?" Wriggle asks. "You only stopped the whole human-hunting thing when Reimu punished you."

> "Yeah but wasn't Mystia even slower at doing that?" Daiyousei asks. "She was swindleing and hunting humans until that night..."

> Mystia sweats a little when Daiyoisei brings that up. "Youkai rule the night, I just didn't know the Hakurei Maiden was that strong... and then everyone else started beating me up too and then..."

> The night sparrow shudders. "It was enough to make me stave off meat that can speak for life... when... ugh that Ghost..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 23, 2019, 12:27:11 am
> "Yeah, if it wasn't for Reimu I would've kept going!  Given how good the flavour is...  Sometimes you really do need to get your butt kicked to realize you're wrong!"

> Drool a little, thinking about the flavour
> Quickly shake it off and wipe our face
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 23, 2019, 01:44:08 am
> "Knock yourself out doing that then."

> You're not sure. You usually get tired if you don't eat in general, and you didn't fight much in Makai for fatigue to start. Neither did you eat.

> "I felt normal." Kogasa says. "But I didn't need a fishbowl thing either."

> "Given you could hardly stand up to me with your numbers advantage, that is true." Mayina says.

> "Weren't you Reimu's first victim of the Spellcard rules?" Wriggle asks. "You only stopped the whole human-hunting thing when Reimu punished you."

> "Yeah but wasn't Mystia even slower at doing that?" Daiyousei asks. "She was swindleing and hunting humans until that night..."

> Mystia sweats a little when Daiyoisei brings that up. "Youkai rule the night, I just didn't know the Hakurei Maiden was that strong... and then everyone else started beating me up too and then..."

> The night sparrow shudders. "It was enough to make me stave off meat that can speak for life... when... ugh that Ghost..."
//Re-reading the "Remilia and Sakuya (so far) vs Elis", its build-up and when we left,I am afraid we were too quick in leaving that to go and warn and check on Alice/Grimoire; surely that is right and should be done, but we should  have observed a bigger part of the duel,the reactions of both fighters and spectactors(if Flandre remains a spectator), we should have heard and eventually replied to more comments and info(Koakuma).
In fact Elis is the only Makaian,maybe Heretic maybe part of a somehow troublesome 3rd Faction,who has some info+headstart about Alice and her Grimorie ("items") and should have been kept more busy than actually is ,in a intellegent  but also prudent way of course.
Then there is the
"Makai seeming-shrine maiden" ,Elis' ally,going after Flandre,perhaps aiming for her Laevateinn("items")....
Particularly concerning is that Elis,besides"items", is looking for the "Gensokyo-Makai Seal" to dispel it with the purpose to "Materializing Makaians"....  It could  very well be tweaked and adapted, but not before the Incident is Resolved and Settled and should not be  fully removed.
For all these I really suggest we eventually check back on the place,the sorroundings and SDM/SDMers,Elis, related .//

> Cheerfully : "Ah ah,I really need to keep myself in check about what's left of my rougher habits!"

> Cheerful and undertstanding :" Oh ,Misty!Do not trouble yourself with what was nasty and in the past but focus on what good has been coming out from it so far,
especially so if it useful for the now and ahead! "

> Wait for responses, then gaze to Daiyousei,Mystia and Cirno:" Oh,oh while the encounter is still fresh, was there anything else a little interesting or more about Elis,that Makai Vampire,and her dealings with that Makai maybe-Shrine Maiden?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 23, 2019, 10:13:33 am
// We'll surely check back on them after Alice.  We need to make sure we get to Alice before Elis/phantom shrine maiden/more heretics do, especially after Mystia's slip of the tongue...  Its a good thing Elis is busy with the SDM since she can't attack Alice or tell her ghost friend to
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 24, 2019, 06:01:54 am
> Turn to Mayina
> "You mentioned what a mess of a world Makai is, I'd like to know more on why you think that is"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 24, 2019, 06:29:02 pm
> "Yeah, if it wasn't for Reimu I would've kept going!  Given how good the flavour is...  Sometimes you really do need to get your butt kicked to realize you're wrong!"

> Drool a little, thinking about the flavour
> Quickly shake it off and wipe our face

> Mystia and Wriggle simply nod and agree. The fairies and Kogasa don't seem bothered.

> Cheerfully : "Ah ah,I really need to keep myself in check about what's left of my rougher habits!"

> Cheerful and undertstanding :" Oh ,Misty!Do not trouble yourself with what was nasty and in the past but focus on what good has been coming out from it so far,
especially so if it useful for the now and ahead! "

> Wait for responses, then gaze to Daiyousei,Mystia and Cirno:" Oh,oh while the encounter is still fresh, was there anything else a little interesting or more about Elis,that Makai Vampire,and her dealings with that Makai maybe-Shrine Maiden?"

> "The Vampire just seemed to be messing around with me..." Mystia says. "And it's a little hard to forget an experience which literally makes your life pass before your eyes."

> "That strange phantom just asked if we knew where anything of great magic power was." Daiyousei said. "Then it attacked me."

> Turn to Mayina
> "You mentioned what a mess of a world Makai is, I'd like to know more on why you think that is"

> "It's a world with one major civilization. Nothing changes with Makai. It's a constant rat race to become stronger. And the so-called All-loving Goddess, she doesn't do anything to change anything. Most of Makai is just a wasteland. Compare it to this world. Magic-empty as it may be, Makai is mostly red wasteland while there's colors here I've never seen." Mayina says. "Makai is it's own place, but to deny that Makai is a mess, to pretend it's perfect? Foolish."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 24, 2019, 06:40:17 pm
> "Well the way you say it makes me think you actually like Gensokyo!  At least a little..."

> "You're thinking of a place that looks like Gensokyo but has Makai's magical energy aren't you?  What made Makai the wasteland you consider it to be?"

> "Gensokyo doesn't have much of a civilization either, there's just a small village in the center where most live and the rest of us live around it.  Nothing changes here either other than the occasional incident like this one right now, and we like it that way"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 25, 2019, 10:06:10 pm
> "Well the way you say it makes me think you actually like Gensokyo!  At least a little..."

> "You're thinking of a place that looks like Gensokyo but has Makai's magical energy aren't you?  What made Makai the wasteland you consider it to be?"

> "Gensokyo doesn't have much of a civilization either, there's just a small village in the center where most live and the rest of us live around it.  Nothing changes here either other than the occasional incident like this one right now, and we like it that way"

> "If it had more magic and was hospitable to my kind, perhaps."

> "Makai is a dimension. Most of it that largely barren, like those red wastelands you must have flown over. From what I have seen, this 'Gensokyo' is not that large. One settlement in Gensokyo is nothing like just one in Makai." Mayina says.

> "Aren't there are least four settlements in Gensokyo?" Mystia points out. "There's the Tengu and Kappa villiages, and there's those Underground Youkai as well, although I don't know how large their place is, they apparently have a Palace if I recall from that Crow's reports. Provided she's not stretching the truth again. None of the villages are that large however."

> Kogasa nods. "Makai has a HUUUUGE City. It's gotta be at least ten Human Villages big, if not more! And it's mostly made of crystals!"

> "That big?!" Mystia squawks.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 26, 2019, 12:15:55 am
> "If it had more magic and was hospitable to my kind, perhaps."

> "Makai is a dimension. Most of it that largely barren, like those red wastelands you must have flown over. From what I have seen, this 'Gensokyo' is not that large. One settlement in Gensokyo is nothing like just one in Makai." Mayina says.

> "Aren't there are least four settlements in Gensokyo?" Mystia points out. "There's the Tengu and Kappa villiages, and there's those Underground Youkai as well, although I don't know how large their place is, they apparently have a Palace if I recall from that Crow's reports. Provided she's not stretching the truth again. None of the villages are that large however."

> Kogasa nods. "Makai has a HUUUUGE City. It's gotta be at least ten Human Villages big, if not more! And it's mostly made of crystals!"

> "That big?!" Mystia squawks.
//  Indeed,with now more posts regarding her, " Makai seeming-Shrine Maiden" IS Sariel(pending more solid Confirmation) . Applause  :) to EvilNazgul.... //

> To Mayina : " Oooor Shinki could be both All-Loving,within reason,and unable to better things and people up,and trying she would end up worsening the Dimension even with the present help and opposition, due to so much Magic intertwined with it and its Major Civilization ... at... the... Core of Makai ?  Yeah ! Gensokyo has 4 minor civilizations compared to Makai,with the Human Village the 1  "interesting" me tops, however here we've never heard so far of someone heaviest-weight in a such vast and magic-like Dimension like in Makai's Past,with her Legends,Histories,Consequences :Lumia . "

> Then To Daiyousei : " Blunter daemon ,eh. Mhmhmh... Do you,Cirno or Kogasa manage to remember through the encounter any of the attire,look,manners,particulars? . Not to to forget a Triple Thanks for all accomplished , you 3 ! ".

// To Raikaria : Proofread  Title Table for  :) you all  -> Names - "Izanoi to Izayoi " " Shinki's Freindly to Friendly"; Title - " Shous's Weilder to Wielder (of Treasure) " ; Relation Key - "Friendly,Unfriendly ,Hostile" are missing in description " unlik(e)ly/lik(e)ly" ; after the update the note of
" May degrade if the lie is discovered " has disappeared from next to (Neutral) " Aunn Komano " // .
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 01:43:57 am
> Change the first action to:
> Turn to Mystia
> "Ahh you're right, I forgot about those!"
> Turn to Mayina
> "I thought Makai used to be more like Gensokyo before Lumia plunged everything into darkness, but I guess that was around the time it was created so no one remembers it.  Maybe Shinki has reasons for leaving things as is, what if shes giving everyone the chance to rebuild it the way they want it to be instead of having it her way?  The problem is that everyone just wants to get stronger to defeat their rivals instead of lets say rebuilding Vina, but you wouldn't be free and sentient beings if she just changed your mind to think that way..."
> "If everything is decided and done for you, are you really free?"

// Only Louise, Mayina and Kogasa went to Makai with us
> Dayousei and Cirno didn't come with us to Makai, so don't mention them, ask just Kogasa
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 26, 2019, 09:48:46 am
> Change the first action to:
> Turn to Mystia
> "Ahh you're right, I forgot about those!"

> The Night Sparrow looks rather proud of herself for remembering correctly.


> To Mayina : " Oooor Shinki could be both All-Loving,within reason,and unable to better things and people up,and trying she would end up worsening the Dimension even with the present help and opposition, due to so much Magic intertwined with it and its Major Civilization ... at... the... Core of Makai ?  Yeah ! Gensokyo has 4 minor civilizations compared to Makai,with the Human Village the 1  "interesting" me tops, however here we've never heard so far of someone heaviest-weight in a such vast and magic-like Dimension like in Makai's Past,with her Legends,Histories,Consequences :Lumia . "

> Then To Daiyousei : " Blunter daemon ,eh. Mhmhmh... Do you,Cirno or Kogasa manage to remember through the encounter any of the attire,look,manners,particulars? . Not to to forget a Triple Thanks for all accomplished , you 3 ! ".

> Mayina grunts. "If she's a Goddess as perfect as people claim, she shouldn't be able to make mistakes. And even if she did, she could just reverse whatever she did."

> "Well; you saw her." Daiyousei says. "And they didn't say much before they just switched to attacking. Although, what hit me was kinda like a lightning bolt..."


> Turn to Mayina
> "I thought Makai used to be more like Gensokyo before Lumia plunged everything into darkness, but I guess that was around the time it was created so no one remembers it.  Maybe Shinki has reasons for leaving things as is, what if shes giving everyone the chance to rebuild it the way they want it to be instead of having it her way?  The problem is that everyone just wants to get stronger to defeat their rivals instead of lets say rebuilding Vina, but you wouldn't be free and sentient beings if she just changed your mind to think that way..."
> "If everything is decided and done for you, are you really free?"

// Only Louise, Mayina and Kogasa went to Makai with us
> Dayousei and Cirno didn't come with us to Makai, so don't mention them, ask just Kogasa

> "I don't put much stock in myth." Mayina says. "Lumia is just a bedtime story to scare kids to bed. If there were such powerful beings that controlled elements of Makai such as the Light and the Darkness, why are none of them around today? Beings so powerful would not have just vanished."

> "There's a difference between having everything decided for us and having guidance and aid."

> The Human Village is now in view. There is smoke rising from it.

Quote
" May degrade if the lie is discovered " has disappeared from next to (Neutral) " Aunn Komano " // .

Intentional; it's been stated she's unaware.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 01:54:09 pm
> "I don't know, theres surely reasons for Makai being this way...  I'll look into this" // Add quest?

> "Hey, something looks wrong in the village, we better check it out!"
> Get a better look at the village
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 26, 2019, 05:43:14 pm
> "Hey, something looks wrong in the village, we better check it out!"
> Get a better look at the village
>Don't. It wouldn't be wise to approach with a demon in the party. Plus we need to prioritize getting to Alice for now.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 05:59:12 pm
> Still get a good look ourselves, asess the damage from afar so we know what to expect
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 26, 2019, 07:20:38 pm
> To clarify; one could probobly get a better view by simply flying up and having a vantage point, if one is worried about approaching but still wants to see. Thought it might be a good idea to say this given the current difference in opinion here.

That and the current forum issue stopping me posting intro pictures :3
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 07:57:26 pm
> Fly up and get a better view, then continue on to Alice's
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 26, 2019, 08:05:54 pm
> Fly up and get a better view, then continue on to Alice's
>This
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 26, 2019, 08:16:59 pm
> Fly up and get a better view, then continue on to Alice's

> "I don't know, theres surely reasons for Makai being this way...  I'll look into this" // Add quest?

> "Hey, something looks wrong in the village, we better check it out!"

> Objective Noted: Investigate the state of Makai

> "Of course there's reasons, and they all stem from that Goddess and how she made and runs Makai." Mayina says.

> You head towards the Human Villiage, taking off for a better view.

> Above the village you can clearly see Keine, who looks rather battered. She appears to be fighting multiple phantom deamons. She appears to be wielding a sword and a shield, with something glowing upon her neck. You're guessing these are the 'Scared Treasures' she has spellcards based on. The deamons appear to be winning, although Keine is certainly putting up a fight, the difficulty appears to be coming from her defending the village while also fighting, as the daemons keep firing at various buildings as well as Keine.

(https://i.imgur.com/rIMYnAj.jpg)

Keine Kamishirasawa
Guardian of the Powerless and the Lost

> There also appears to be someone else helping Keine, and you note this as the red-cloaked Youkai you saw at the Lake earlier. She seems to be less fatigued; perhaps joining the battle later, and is mostly fighting by shooting thin beams from her eyes.

(https://safebooru.org//images/2250/9f29c90607916e1099cad576a58c7cd933637e75.jpg)

[Not going to move you on yet since now you know what's occuring you may want to do something else]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 08:42:52 pm
//  As important as Alice is, we can't let the daemons start a war by wiping out the village (Keine&co are fighting a losing battle), plus it will do us good to get on Keine and Reimu's good side by defending the humans

> Wow, these phantoms are really coming at us full force

> "We can't let them destroy the village that will surely upset the balance of our world!  Reimu will surely get her revenge on Makai and start a war!"
> This could be a chance to improve Youkai-Human relationships, and our relationship with the incident resolves and Keine
> "With our help we'll outnumber them and surely win!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 26, 2019, 08:56:22 pm
//  As important as Alice is, we can't let the daemons start a war by wiping out the village (Keine&co are fighting a losing battle), plus it will do us good to get on Keine and Reimu's good side by defending the humans

> Wow, these phantoms are really coming at us full force

> "We can't let them destroy the village that will surely upset the balance of our world!  Reimu will surely get her revenge on Makai and start a war!"
> This could be a chance to improve Youkai-Human relationships, and our relationship with the incident resolves and Keine
> "With our help we'll outnumber them and surely win!"

> "I would have gone anyway." Kogasa says. "I can't have my blacksmith's shop ruined!"

> Wriggle and Mystia are a little more hesitant, but follow you anyway. Cirno of course just charges ahead, while Daiyousei hangs back, looking sheepish and a bit scared.

> Approaching the villiage you notice most of the attacking daemons are clearly Koas of various appearances. However, the main phantom that seems to be the leader dosen't seem to be a deamon at all. It's a scrawny-looking girl holding a Grimoire and a staff almost the size of her, wearing robes. Some kind of Mage. They are throwing quite a lot of fireballs towards and around Keine, who is blocking with her shield, and blasts from her enchanted familiars [Various small artifacts].

> A trio of Koas fly in front of you and start shooting out yellow blasts of fire towards your group.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 09:08:32 pm
> Use danmaku (non lethal) bullets but don't follow the rules, if we can make a pattern undodgeable by all means do so

> Snipe them in the head and chest with 2 instant danmaku lasers each (so 6 lasers total)
> Right after the hit (or miss) dodge the fireballs and fire a constant stream of the fastest bullets we can make all aimed at them
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 26, 2019, 09:14:53 pm
>Uh, where's Mayina?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 09:20:26 pm
> Don't advance too far into the village, fly in areas where we still can visually see Mayina
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 26, 2019, 09:21:23 pm
> Use danmaku (non lethal) bullets but don't follow the rules, if we can make a pattern undodgeable by all means do so

> Snipe them in the head and chest with 2 instant danmaku lasers each (so 6 lasers total)
> Right after the hit (or miss) dodge the fireballs and fire a constant stream of the fastest bullets we can make all aimed at them

> You fire some quick lasers at the Koas. The first two blasts land true and seem to stun the phantom, but the other two manage to dodge.

> You evade the worst of the fireballs; although a couple graze you. It's a bit worse than danmaku grazing against you, but nothing actually harmful. You then back up in recoil as you release a stream of multicolored bullets.The stunned phantom poofs away, but the two that didn't get stunned do a pretty good job at evasion.

> One of the two phantoms points, and a thin stream of yellow flame comes from it, weaveing through the air as it extends and the deamon moves their hand. It's pretty clear this Koa isn't that strong, this sort of thing is Fairy-level. The other one starts fighting Cirno, who's started to hurl small icicles at it.

>Uh, where's Mayina?

> He appears to be staying still, on guard in case someone attacks him.

> Don't advance too far into the village, fly in areas where we still can visually see Mayina

> You are flying on the outskirts. Drawing some of the attackers away is helping Keine and the Youkai. Kogasa however is flying to the village proper, ahead of you.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 26, 2019, 09:25:25 pm
> He appears to be staying still, on guard in case someone attacks him.
>Where?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 09:28:19 pm
> Shoot a laser from each hand and form and form a V with them with the V ending behind the daemon not focused on Cirno, then fire a concentrated arc of bullets in the middle so they can't dodge without running into a laser

> Keep an eye on Mayina, form a barrier right in front of him if he tries to run (don't do this if he's dodging something obviously!)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 26, 2019, 09:42:09 pm
>Where?

> The same spot you left him.

> Shoot a laser from each hand and form and form a V with them with the V ending behind the daemon not focused on Cirno, then fire a concentrated arc of bullets in the middle so they can't dodge without running into a laser

> Keep an eye on Mayina, form a barrier right in front of him if he tries to run (don't do this if he's dodging something obviously!)

> You fire a laser from each hand in a manner similar to Moonlight Ray, and launch more danmaku down the middle. However, the deamon simply evades this by flying upwards.

> The stream of flames circles around you, and now looks like some kind of lasso [Not that Rumia knows what a lasso is IC]. The stream is still extending however, snaking through the air.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 09:46:32 pm
> Fly downwards to get out of the circle, fall if it's faster than flying downwards
> Now that we are below the daemon fire bullets aimed to miss them by 5 degrees above below to the left and to the right of them, after a few monents of firing the misdirected bullets discreetly fire a single fast kunai down the middle aimed right at them
> If they get stunned or disoriented at any point fire all 6 of our lasers on them (so the damage stacks)

> Are they within our barrier forming distance?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 09:52:34 pm
// Small edit made
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 26, 2019, 09:56:03 pm
> Fly downwards to get out of the circle, fall if it's faster than flying downwards
> Now that we are below the daemon fire bullets aimed to miss them by 5 degrees above below to the left and to the right of them, after a few monents of firing the misdirected bullets discreetly fire a single fast kunai down the middle aimed right at them
> If they get stunned or disoriented at any point fire all 6 of our lasers on them (so the damage stacks)

> Are they within our barrier forming distance?

> You choose to fall; and this seems to have been the right choice, as the lasso closes; and the stream of fire lashes forward suddenly with the freed length, just missing your hair.

> You fire various misdirected bullets. You would fire a kunai bullet, but you can't actually do that, so you just fire a few rice-shaped bullets in the shape of a kunai instead.

> This fast collection of small bullets hits the Koa in the chest, knocking her back a little bit. More importantly; the fire-rope dispels. You take that as a sign to unload a laser barrage, floating backwards and launching your focused laser barrage nonspell. This lands true, and the phantom fizzles out of Gensokyo's reality.

> They weren't before; and certainly are not now.

> Most of the Koas have been defeated already, and Keine seems to be pressureing the Mage now, closing in despite her attempts to fend Keine off. You know from experience that while Keine isn't the fastest she's pretty hard to make stop. Between her own attacks and her familiars she's unleashing some pretty intense danmaku. The Mage is using various fireballs and waves of flame, it appears that's their specialty.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 10:03:17 pm
> Quickly fly to Mayina and pick him up (literally)
> If he protests say "Better my limitless energy than yours!"
> Fly under the treeline towards the village and find a safe but hidden spot where he has rocks or trees to hide behind if a stray shot comes his way.  Close enough so we can quickly get to him if something approaches him but far enough so the mage can't recognize him

> Go some way back before appearing out of the treeline so the Mage doesn't realize where we came from

> Use Moonlight Ray on the mage (don't waste time declaring if we don't have to)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 26, 2019, 10:05:46 pm
>Are we even big enough to lift a Koa?
>If we are and do end up going with the above plan, make sure the location we choose would be such that we can easily intercept him if he tries to bolt from us, either with a barrier, or physically.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 10:10:30 pm
> We have Youkai Strength, so it shouldn't be a problem (most humans can carry someone of similar size as them with some effort, and we're much stronger than an adult male human)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 26, 2019, 10:29:46 pm
> Quickly fly to Mayina and pick him up (literally)
> If he protests say "Better my limitless energy than yours!"
> Fly under the treeline towards the village and find a safe but hidden spot where he has rocks or trees to hide behind if a stray shot comes his way.  Close enough so we can quickly get to him if something approaches him but far enough so the mage can't recognize him

> Go some way back before appearing out of the treeline so the Mage doesn't realize where we came from

> Use Moonlight Ray on the mage (don't waste time declaring if we don't have to)

> You fly to and pick up the slightly less hostile deamon. He protests with some choice words and some struggling, but despite your size, you're easily able to pick him up. You place him behind some cover, and fly back towards the fight.

> The rest of your group seem to be fighting animated flames, allowing the Mage to continue to fend off Keine [With significant difficulty]. You declare Moonlight Ray and blast the Mage, who spins around and releases a jet of red flames that fends off the ray.

> Keine, however, uses this breif moment and accelerates, bashing into the back of the Mage with her shield, knocking her head foward, slashes with the sword across the mage's back; causing them to raise back up; and then headbutts them as they turn around to try and cast a spell with one hand. At the same time, your Moonlight Ray pushed back the weakened flames.

> The Mage poofs after this, as do the animated flames. Keine's weapons and familiars immediately fade, and she looks at you with a mixture of exhaustion, confusion and disbelief, while breathing very heavily.

> Kogasa immediately starts creating as much rain as she can to combat the fires.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 10:38:12 pm
> "We saw you were in trouble!"
> "Look we're sorry about all the things we've done in the past, but we've changed and are trying to make up for it!"

> "We've been investigating this incident and have run in to several of these phantoms and daemons but we've never seen as many in one place as here.  I wonder what they're after..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 26, 2019, 11:00:58 pm
> "We saw you were in trouble!"
> "Look we're sorry about all the things we've done in the past, but we've changed and are trying to make up for it!"

> "We've been investigating this incident and have run in to several of these phantoms and daemons but we've never seen as many in one place as here.  I wonder what they're after..."

> "Thanks, but you know my duty. I can't risk having youkai with a history of attacking Humans in the village. Even if you've changed, the Humans would still be scared. As for what they were after, they seemed to be looking for magical artifacts." Keine says, before she looks at Kogasa.

> "Don't waste your energy, I'll Hide the History of the Villiage, and get someone who can deal with those flames effortlessly." the teacher says, before she looks at the cloaked youkai.

> "Thank you Miss Banki. I understand it's difficult for you to fight while keeping your nature concealed from the village at large."

> "This is my home too." the youkai says. "Even if the majority of the humans wouldn't accept me if they knew what I am, I'll fight to protect them and my home."

> Keine opens her mouth, and blue runes start to flow from the village into it, the settlement fading away, leaving no trace of it on the ground, which turns back into a field. When she finishes, she looks at the assembled group.

> "Well, I'm going to the Bamboo Forest. I shall enlist the aid of someone who lives there. Do be careful." Keine states when she finishes.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 26, 2019, 11:13:14 pm
>"We will. Take care, Miss Keine!"
>Check on Mayina.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 26, 2019, 11:14:27 pm
> "Just let them know we've changed and want to help and let them draw their own conclusions"
> Head back to Mayina and make sure he's alright
> "We best get back to helping Alice"
> Start heading towards the Forest of Magic again
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 26, 2019, 11:43:48 pm
> "Just let them know we've changed and want to help and let them draw their own conclusions"
> Head back to Mayina and make sure he's alright
> "We best get back to helping Alice"
> Start heading towards the Forest of Magic again
// " Time is of the essence " but " Prudence is the better part of Valor " //

> En-route raise a hand up and gradually come to a stop . " Wait a moment ,everyone! "

> " We better make sure none has taken advantage of our detour to help the Village,miss Keine and oh...miss Banki? To secretly or not-so-secretly tailing us.

> If everyone,or most, agree then let us all,with Mayina coming along even if it is annoying for him but still necessary ,make a few flying inspection rounds around the area we are in . If no agreement is reached,hear them out.

> Go on to the Forest of Magic if the coast is clear , if not stay a bit to inspect.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 26, 2019, 11:49:22 pm
> " We better make sure none has taken advantage of our detour to help the Village,miss Keine and oh...miss Banki? To secretly or not-so-secretly tailing us.

> If everyone,or most, agree then let us all,with Mayina coming along even if it is annoying for him but still necessary ,make a few flying inspection rounds around the area we are in . If no agreement is reached,hear them out.

> Go on to the Forest of Magic if the coast is clear , if not stay a bit to inspect.
//Just for a more easily readable version:

>"Actually, before we get a move on, we should probably check if anyone's following us."
>Check for followers, then proceed if we find no unwanted followers.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 27, 2019, 03:17:53 pm
>"We will. Take care, Miss Keine!"
>Check on Mayina.

> "Just let them know we've changed and want to help and let them draw their own conclusions"
> Head back to Mayina and make sure he's alright
> "We best get back to helping Alice"
> Start heading towards the Forest of Magic again

> "I doubt much will change their opinions. Many of the humans have lost loved ones to youkai attacking them." Keine states. "It's hard enough to convince the elders to allow youkai who haven't attacked humans before; or simply were not in Gensokyo before the spellcard rules in such as Kogasa. Ultimately; I'm just a teacher and guardian. I'm not the one who makes the decisions.

> Keine nods as you leave., before flying off herself.

> Mayina is sitting in the spot you left him, looking bemused.

//Just for a more easily readable version:

>"Actually, before we get a move on, we should probably check if anyone's following us."
>Check for followers, then proceed if we find no unwanted followers.

> You cannot see anyone following you.

> You proceed onwards to the Forest of Magic without incident, and head back to where you encountered Alice's Golaith Doll, since you don't actually know the location of her house.

> By the time you have arrived, the darkness is slowly starting to fade. Dawn is approaching.

> A small doll flies between some trees, away from you.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 27, 2019, 04:31:03 pm
> Wave to the doll to come here
> "Hey we need to talk to Alice, it's really important!"

> Be on guard for an attack
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 27, 2019, 04:32:11 pm
//Aw... It timeskipped... I wanted to talk to Mayina about his expression :(

>"So Mayina, I couldn't help but notice your expression back at the village. Is something on your mind...?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 27, 2019, 04:41:11 pm
//Edit
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 27, 2019, 07:26:14 pm
//edit again, sorry
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 27, 2019, 08:08:49 pm
//Aw... It timeskipped... I wanted to talk to Mayina about his expression :(

>"So Mayina, I couldn't help but notice your expression back at the village. Is something on your mind...?"

> "It's not exactly dignified for me to be picked up like a ragdoll by someone who looks like a little kid; carried around and dumped behind a rock." he grumbles. "What sort of torment am I in for in this world?"

> Wave to the doll to come here
> "Hey we need to talk to Alice, it's really important!"

> Be on guard for an attack

> The doll dosen't notice your wave, as it's facing away from you.

> The doll briefly turns around, bobs up and down a few times, and then continues to fly deeper into the forest.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 27, 2019, 08:16:48 pm
> Pursue in the direction it flew

> "Sorry about that but I'm working on getting your magic back.  The sooner I get stronger the sooner you'll be able to fly again"

> Would one of our barriers be strong enough to lift Mayina
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 27, 2019, 08:41:13 pm
> Pursue in the direction it flew

> "Sorry about that but I'm working on getting your magic back.  The sooner I get stronger the sooner you'll be able to fly again"

> Would one of our barriers be strong enough to lift Mayina

> You follow the doll

> "Yeah you keep working on that." the daemon says. "I doubt you can succeed, and even if you do, I wonder what would happen next."

> Unlikly; and even if it could sustain holding him and movement, it would take a lot more effort than just carrying him.

> The doll continues to fly through the forest, the maisma getting thicker, although still nowhere near Makai-level.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 27, 2019, 08:46:44 pm
> "Why do you doubt I can get stronger?  Am I not doing something right?  And why do you wonder what will happen next?"

> Pay attention to the miasma, if we feel like it's affecting us negatively try one of those makaian candies.  Mayina said previously that the Miasma is of similar composition

> "Is the light miasma here helping you at all?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 27, 2019, 09:26:10 pm
> "Why do you doubt I can get stronger?  Am I not doing something right?  And why do you wonder what will happen next?"

> Pay attention to the miasma, if we feel like it's affecting us negatively try one of those makaian candies.  Mayina said previously that the Miasma is of similar composition

> "Is the light miasma here helping you at all?"

> "I doubt you'd be able to solve my problem. Not become stronger. Anyone can do that." the daemon says. "And I'm not your ally, or this world's. Who knows what I'd do if I could freely use my powers."

> The Forest of Magic's Maisma is similar, but not the same to Makai's. It's also far weaker. You're fine.

> "No." the daemon says. "It's too weak and impure. It's a cheap imitation. Perhaps it will function for the one who made it, but not for me. Besides, I still have the magic I left Makai with. You can't fill a cup that is already filled."

> You can now see a small cottage attached to a small, two-floor tower. Outside is Alice, along with a small army of dolls. All of whom have their eyes and various weapons pointed at Mayina. She is clutching her Grimore under her left arm.

> "You had better have a good reason for bringing him along." she says, clearly displeased by this., before she raises an eyebrow. "Why do I sense Maisma clinging to your clothing?"

[You wouldn't have been able to leave him behind, you didn't know where Alice was and she obviously knew where you were via the doll and who was with you.]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 27, 2019, 09:38:31 pm
> "Don't worry about him, he is no longer under contract, and is sort of my responsibility from now on"
> "We went to Makai and turned him in for being a heretic and Yumeko was going to have him eradicated but I convinced her to give him an alternative punishment..."

> "Yumeko wanted us to make sure that you are safe and still have your grimoire book"

> "Your mother also gave me a letter for you"
> Hand her the letter
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 27, 2019, 09:55:06 pm
> "Don't worry about him, he is no longer under contract, and is sort of my responsibility from now on"
> "We went to Makai and turned him in for being a heretic and Yumeko was going to have him eradicated but I convinced her to give him an alternative punishment..."

> "Yumeko wanted us to make sure that you are safe and still have your grimoire book"

> "Your mother also gave me a letter for you"
> Hand her the letter

> Alice listens, although there is a notable scoff when you state 'Yumeko wanted us to make sure you were safe'.

> When you hand the letter over to Alice, she looks legitimately surprised.

> "You... met Shinki? YOU met Shinki?" she says, stunned. "I always thought she wouldn't want to talk to me after I left Makai... not like there was a way to do so without her breaking into Gensokyo...  and for Lady Shinki to reveal herself to an outsider... what is going on back in Makai..."

> The puppeteer carefully takes the letter, and hands it to the Shanghai doll; which flies indoors to put it away.

> As Shanghai returns, suddenly everything becomes a taint of red. For a few moments, like a flash of a light. Alice, and her army of dolls; collapse, and you hear six other small thuds. One for Wriggle; Kogasa; Cirno; Daiyousei; Mystia and Mayina.

> "That darkness sphere really is a useful ability, it managed to shield you from the light of my Belial Illusion..." a familar voice coons playfully. "To think that Makaian smell was the long-lost Margatroid... I hit the jackpot~"

> Elis descends from the sky between you and Alice, a wicked smile on her face.

> "Are you going to oppose me and give me some entertainment, Dark One?" Elis asks. "I'm happy to reward you with the chance to be my plaything as a reward for impressing me~"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 27, 2019, 09:56:59 pm
//See discord please
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 27, 2019, 11:05:19 pm
//See discord please
;)  :sword!: :P :wat: :ohdear:

//  [Sorry I am not on Discord Server,though feel free to put the important bits here;PM;e-mail...Thanks for the effort] I am standing ready to receive advices/corrections for this Critical/Enthusiastic Crossroad,always best not to be frantic(in the bad sense).. It is almost expected to become prey to a powerful ambush or more precisely getting caught up in one (!Makai Vampire Track-Down of Alice's Makaian Smell and Bam!)by Elis and she might be getting at the very least  a "Sariel Reinforce ": the group has turned in a ,someways dangerous someway helpfuls,sort-of Beacon and Point of Interest for most  Makaian/Makai-Aligned ;it is work-in-progress for the Gensokyo/Gensokyo-Aligned, for the sake of be of help and not for that of failing in modesty or humility. I am going to tread carefully,trying out quick remedies,but Rumia must sooner than later attract  Relief,diversions,make-do in concerns like "hold down the fort and the injured" ,be a valuable witness... //

> Quick!Back away in flight from out of Elis' immediate reach! Empower the Darkness Sphere and extend Radius to engulf while adjusting flight path to still be close to help out and better check-up the 7 ,especially these poor 6 "victims" ".

> Rumia and Elis are the only one un-fainted and the Forest of Magic's Miasma is thinning out,correct?

> Anything of some note in the area and people close us or the area around us? Be perceptive but also prepared

> List of Spell-Cards,Bombs,Moves and akin to this situation

> Speak up while doing this in a curios manner : " First things first,Elis, I would prefer in exchange to know the nature and effects of your light of Belial Illusion alongside what become of your previous meet-up and my "friends",Remi,Sakuya,Flan and Koa :perphaps you eneded up using this move with them as well or...?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 27, 2019, 11:25:12 pm
;)  :sword!: :P :wat: :ohdear:

//  [Sorry I am not on Discord Server,though feel free to put the important bits here;PM;e-mail...Thanks for the effort]
//Oh, don't worry, I was just asking the parser and the other most active player if they could hold off while I was busy for a few hours. Normally they see discord pings rather quickly, but they didn't this time so I sorta had to nudge them towards it a bit :P

> Quick!Fly away from Elis out of her immediate reach! Empower the Darkness Sphere and extend Radius to engulf while adjusting flight path to better observe the situation of the 7 involved,especially these poor 6 "victims" ".

> "Shangai has fainted too,correct?"

> Speak up while doing this in a curios manner " First things first,Elis, I would prefer in exchange to know the nature and effects of your light of Belial Illusion alongside what become of your previous meet-up and my "friends",Remi,Sakuya,Flan and Koa :perphaps you eneded up using this move with them as well or...?"
>Uh, let's not.

//We should probably take some time to discuss this before committing to any actions.

//Flying away would basically say "Hey! Here's Alice! Just take her before we can react!" and I will not just give up Alice without a fight. That being said, fighting her would be suicidal one on one, so we should probably either think of ways to...

//A. Stall until the others wake up or some other form of help arrives (e,g. Kirisame ex machina)
//B. Fight her in a way that we're on evenly matched and somehow get her to go along with it. (maybe make it a game, or a battle of wits, or hell, even gambling... IDK)
//C. Somehow grab everyone and run.
//D. Somehow intimidate/persuade her into backing off.
//J. Go out in the most glorious and spectacular way possible, taking her with us if we can.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 27, 2019, 11:40:21 pm
//@Players edit.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 28, 2019, 01:06:56 am
> Feel a little shocked at how she KO'd the whole party
> Looking as determined as we can: "I won't give up on my friends!"

> "That was an impressive spell you used there!  No fighting, no mess to clean up and no one knows what hit them" < Try and flatter her by sounding like we were really impressed (to be honest we kind of are!)

> "Sure I'll play your games and 'entertain' you, if you're satisfied you'll leave everyone here alone though!"

> "Ready to dodge?"
> Cast Moonlight Ray

> If we're on the ground (standing) she is still above us (floating) we will end up shooting upwards, hopefully some of our shots will make it above the treeline and attract attention (Don't actively try to miss shots high up in case she notices what we're doing)

> "Say, you said you want to get revenge on a Shrine Maiden, mind describing her in more detail?  Maybe I can also help you find her in exchange for leaving everyone here alone"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 28, 2019, 01:09:10 am
> Feel a little shocked at how she KO'd the whole party
> Looking as determined as we can: "I won't give up on my friends!"

> "That was an impressive spell you used there!  No fighting, no mess to clean up and no one knows what hit them"

> "Sure I'll play your games and 'entertain' you, if you're satisfied you'll leave everyone here alone though!"

> "Ready to dodge?"
> Cast Moonlight Ray

> If we're on the ground (standing) she is still above us (floating) we will end up shooting upwards, hopefully some of our shots will make it above the treeline and attract attention (Don't actively try to miss shots high up in case she notices what we're doing)

> "Say, you said you want to get revenge on a Shrine Maiden, mind describing her in more detail?  Maybe I can also help you find her in exchange for leaving everyone here alone"
//Precautionary thing before I read. Will edit if things change.

>Don't commit to these unless there is general agreement.

//Edit: Okay, time to pick things apart.

> Feel a little shocked at how she KO'd the whole party
> Looking as determined as we can: "I won't give up on my friends!"

> "That was an impressive spell you used there!  No fighting, no mess to clean up and no one knows what hit them" < Try and flatter her by sounding like we were really impressed (to be honest we kind of are!)
//This is okay I suppose. (Parser, this is by no means a go-ahead to parse these actions.)

> "Sure I'll play your games and 'entertain' you, if you're satisfied you'll leave everyone here alone though!"

> "Ready to dodge?"
> Cast Moonlight Ray

> If we're on the ground (standing) she is still above us (floating) we will end up shooting upwards, hopefully some of our shots will make it above the treeline and attract attention (Don't actively try to miss shots high up in case she notices what we're doing)

> "Say, you said you want to get revenge on a Shrine Maiden, mind describing her in more detail?  Maybe I can also help you find her in exchange for leaving everyone here alone"
//Hmm... I'm not sure about this part.

//Making such a high demand in exchange for playing her games seems too risky. She has no obligation to honor that deal. She doesn't seem like an honorable type either.

//While I don't mind throwing Reimu at her, she could probably knock us out and take Alice anyway... We'd still need a way to ensure that her end of the bargain is honored...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Branneg Xy on March 28, 2019, 03:53:24 am
//Precautionary thing before I read. Will edit if things change.

>Don't commit to these unless there is general agreement.

//Edit: Okay, time to pick things apart.
//This is okay I suppose. (Parser, this is by no means a go-ahead to parse these actions.)
//Hmm... I'm not sure about this part.

//Making such a high demand in exchange for playing her games seems too risky. She has no obligation to honor that deal. She doesn't seem like an honorable type either.

//While I don't mind throwing Reimu at her, she could probably knock us out and take Alice anyway... We'd still need a way to ensure that her end of the bargain is honored...

// Edited , enhanced , polished my previous reply for clarity and team-work;at best we,as I was starting to shape it up, could pretend for Rumia to become 1 or more among shook up /slowed down / retreating / injured /low-energy/quite baffled (fit for variabilities ,not to get one-upped and seen-through,not much at the very least)  while letting Elis take off a little space,be less aware, to hamper and throw her off "to an extent" //.

//Highlighting "to an extent" for not underestimating Elis/Allies(Sariel in particular)nor overestimating Rumia(and group and Allies when they come to) even beyond the current characters,situation, :  a strong cooperation,care and precautions for all Makai+Gensokyo related //

// Hold on about Reimu&even Marisa(hold on a bit about Yuuka&Mima depending or not if the time is ripe ) since it is Secondary/Tertiary for her :please,for this term, it is best we only reveal tiny and neutral bits about Reimu to Invading-Type Makai/Makai-Aligned ,including Reimu's Close Acquaintances, Point of Interest //.

// It is clear she has a form of honor with pride as a (Great) Makai Vampire but she is not so honor-bound neither she is naive nor Gensokyo-related nor Rumia&Co-related; SHE HAS A SIDE,JUST 1, of a novelty,entertainment, challenge-seeker ; as pointed out by Evil_Nazgul,if our "company" TURNS inconvenient and/or dismissive and/or uninteresting  she is only to play along fairly briefly. //

// Mainly she has Cooperation/Support(partly but expected to grow);she and associates are revealing to be,just up to  this point, part-Heretic part-Shinki's  part-3rd Parallel Faction ; Interested in Nice Novelities like testing Curious or powerful Gensokyo Residents;in a No-Boundary No-Seal Makai-Gensokyo;a Master Mission,Plan and Objective for powerful magic/magic-like Items ; Alice(ex-Makaian/Only??Child of Shink)i&Grimoire of Alice have become Primary Objectives/Knowledge for her  ,but given enough evolution, to a great Share of Makai and a share of Gensokyo too. //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 28, 2019, 05:05:34 am
> Quick!Back away in flight from out of Elis' immediate reach! Empower the Darkness Sphere and extend Radius to engulf while adjusting flight path to still be close to help out and better check-up the 7 ,especially these poor 6 "victims" ".
//Personally I think we should stand our ground. Give her any distance and she might use it as an opportunity to yoink Alice.

> Anything of some note in the area and people close us or the area around us? Be perceptive but also prepared
//Taking our eyes off her might give her an opening as well.

> Speak up while doing this in a curios manner : " First things first,Elis, I would prefer in exchange to know the nature and effects of your light of Belial Illusion alongside what become of your previous meet-up and my "friends",Remi,Sakuya,Flan and Koa :perphaps you eneded up using this move with them as well or...?"
//If we're going to bargain, it should be for her to leave Alice and our friends alone.

//Everything else is fine as it's only requesting information and not committing to any actions.

>Don't commit to actions until a general plan is reached among the majority of players.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 28, 2019, 07:02:20 am
> Feel a little shocked at how she KO'd the whole party
> Looking as determined as we can: "I won't give up on my friends!"

> "That was an impressive spell you used there!  No fighting, no mess to clean up and no one knows what hit them" < Try and flatter her by sounding like we were really impressed (to be honest we kind of are!)

> "Sure I'll 'entertain' you and even help you find that shrine maiden you were looking for, in return you'll leave everyone here alone"
> "And I'll forget this ambush ever happened, if you stay true to your word"

> "Ready to dodge?"
> Cast Moonlight Ray
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 28, 2019, 07:13:22 am
>Don't parse those actions yet.

> Feel a little shocked at how she KO'd the whole party
> Looking as determined as we can: "I won't give up on my friends!"

> "That was an impressive spell you used there!  No fighting, no mess to clean up and no one knows what hit them" < Try and flatter her by sounding like we were really impressed (to be honest we kind of are!)
//This section is fine.

> "Sure I'll 'entertain' you and even help you find that shrine maiden you were looking for, in return you'll leave everyone here alone"
> "And I'll forget this ambush ever happened, if you stay true to your word"

> "Ready to dodge?"
> Cast Moonlight Ray
//Eh, seems like a valid idea so far, but not sure about the pacing and wording here...

//Maybe see if she's open to bargaining first, instead of just laying down terms immediately and assume that she'll accept them? Like maybe...

>DO NOT PARSE THE FOLLOWING WITHOUT APPROVAL.

>"Honestly, I wouldn't mind entertaining you, but you did sorta just knock out all my friends. You seem like a reasonable and respectful person, though, so maybe we could work out a little deal to ensure their safety once I'm done?"
>(Information only, does not commit to any actions) What do we know of the Moriya Shrine? Do we know that the Moriya Shrine is relatively new to Gensokyo? Do we know how long it's been here, roughly?

//Thoughts?

//EDIT: Also once we're decided on a plan I'm probably going to aggregate everything that was fine in addition to the plan into one post to make Rai's life easier.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 28, 2019, 07:23:37 am
// Agree
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 28, 2019, 07:34:49 am
//Hmm... Actually, thinking a bit there's still one last piece of this puzzle to resolve before we can fully commit to a plan...

//We need a way to ensure that she won't just knock us out and take Alice (or the grimoire) after the bargain we make is done and over with...

>Wait until the aggregate post with the finalized plan is created, ignore all proposed commands until then.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on March 28, 2019, 08:33:40 am
//Okay, so it seems there is a good insurance option after all, so I'm going to go ahead and do this:

//Aggregate Post for Finalized plan (Parse in the order listed):

Branneg:
> Rumia and Elis are the only one un-fainted and the Forest of Magic's Miasma is thinning out,correct?
> List of Spell-Cards,Bombs,Moves and akin to this situation

Tom:
> Feel a little shocked at how she KO'd the whole party
> Looking as determined as we can: "I won't give up on my friends!"

> "That was an impressive spell you used there!  No fighting, no mess to clean up and no one knows what hit them" < Try and flatter her by sounding like we were really impressed (to be honest we kind of are!)

Myself:
>"Honestly, I wouldn't mind entertaining you, but you did just knock out all my friends. You seem like a reasonable and respectful person, though, so maybe we could work out a little deal to ensure their safety once I'm done?"
>What do we know of the Moriya Shrine? Do we know that the Moriya Shrine is relatively new to Gensokyo? Do we know how long it's been here, roughly?

//Any objections?

//Since we're either all going to go to sleep soon if we're not already, give maybe... 10 hours from this post at most for anyone to voice their objections on the matter?

>If no objections, parse the above. If there are any, wait for us to address and discuss the objection.

//Also I swear if there was some huge hint we missed because it was too subtle, I'm never going to forgive myself
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Tom on March 28, 2019, 08:35:16 am
// Agree
Title: Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
Post by: Raikaria on March 28, 2019, 06:26:50 pm
//Aggregate Post for Finalized plan (Parse in the order listed):

Branneg:
> Rumia and Elis are the only one un-fainted and the Forest of Magic's Miasma is thinning out,correct?
> List of Spell-Cards,Bombs,Moves and akin to this situation

Tom:
> Feel a little shocked at how she KO'd the whole party
> Looking as determined as we can: "I won't give up on my friends!"

> "That was an impressive spell you used there!  No fighting, no mess to clean up and no one knows what hit them" < Try and flatter her by sounding like we were really impressed (to be honest we kind of are!)

Myself:
>"Honestly, I wouldn't mind entertaining you, but you did just knock out all my friends. You seem like a reasonable and respectful person, though, so maybe we could work out a little deal to ensure their safety once I'm done?"
>What do we know of the Moriya Shrine? Do we know that the Moriya Shrine is relatively new to Gensokyo? Do we know