Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83012 times)

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #990 on: December 03, 2010, 02:25:16 AM »
Does anyone know if installing the beta installs the whole game again or just the new stuff? I don't have that much space left in my harddrive.

Out of all the new Natscha changes, I think I would prefer the slowdown falloff one. I think it's silly gluing your opponent to the ground from a mile away.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #991 on: December 03, 2010, 02:32:45 AM »
Out of all the new Natscha changes, I think I would prefer the slowdown falloff one. I think it's silly gluing your opponent to the ground from a mile away.
And if the spin-up is lengthened to the pre-buffed time pyros would also have an opportunity to actually axtinguish a heavy that they get the jump on.  After the buff that basically became suicide on an alert heavy that can aim.

I'm also liking the change where the player that a medic is healing doesn't get slowed down by hitscan weapons (this is noticeable with sentries and Sasha), though I wouldn't be surprised if that also applied to Natascha's slow-down effect.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #992 on: December 03, 2010, 03:02:15 AM »
I'm also liking the change where the player that a medic is healing doesn't get slowed down by hitscan weapons
oh man, pocket pyro with degreaser + homewrecker would become awesome for sentry demolition

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #993 on: December 03, 2010, 04:28:59 AM »
According to what I read, the slowdown falloff is on all variants.

With that said I think Natascha heavies could use less beef. I'm for the -25% damage, -25% health.  :V

Herasy

« Reply #994 on: December 03, 2010, 04:01:01 PM »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #995 on: December 03, 2010, 05:28:11 PM »
I was having a problem where I couldn't buy Steam games since two weeks ago and Steam Support wasn't able to fix the problem. I kept getting the same error for two weeks straight when paying. Turns out the when I'm adding the game to the cart I have to make sure that I have '?cc=US' at the end of the address bar and when you browse in Puerto Rico, that isn't there despite Puerto Rico being considered a state when giving my billing address.

Anyways, I bought Poker Night to test it. I think there should be more crossovers where the character socialize rather than trying to kill each other, I really love the dialog.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #996 on: December 04, 2010, 02:45:01 AM »
For those of you thinking about what Natascha variant should be used, consider this:

Variant 2 = 225 HP Heavy

That almost seems wrong.

Also, TF2 Beta somehow runs infinitely better than normal TF2. I have the "Ultimate FPS Pack" installed on normal TF2 that basically gives it terribad N64 level graphics and Beta still runs faster and smoother just on low settings. What.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:59:24 PM by YellowYoshi »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #997 on: December 05, 2010, 05:05:37 AM »
Finally craftted a Sticky Launcher. With this, I have a tradable version of every regular weap in the game.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #998 on: December 07, 2010, 06:48:33 PM »
Thanks to randomly finding advice somewhere, I cleaned out my TF2 folder (read, renamed the default one so it made an entire new folder) and my FPS is around the same as Beta is running. I'm not sure exactly what it was that I had gotten from some of those more crazy servers that was acting as dead weight but this is great. I can actually half-decently snipe now.  :V

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #999 on: December 08, 2010, 06:21:11 AM »
Remotely related, poker night at the inventory is a great game. Loving the dialogue.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #1000 on: December 08, 2010, 06:44:46 AM »
Indeed it is, though as with all games like that there's only a certain amount of awesome you can get out of it before you start hearing repeats.

Also 1000 posts, locking.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson