Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83707 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #810 on: October 26, 2010, 04:55:55 AM »
Ah, rounds like that one.  Where you're an Engineer with a level 3 sentry and it gets all of two kills because your team totally shuts them other side down.

Fun, but very few points. :V

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #811 on: October 27, 2010, 01:05:22 AM »
I think I've determined that the Scout is too damn fast for me to ever play decently. *sobs*

On another note I seem to keep pumping my mouse sensitivity higher over time. I'm up to 3.0 for now.

« Reply #812 on: October 27, 2010, 02:15:27 AM »
I forgot how great Medic can be.  Played a bit on SourceOP's pro rotation server and managed to coordinate the losing team enough for them to come back and score three consecutive curbstompings in a row.

Also Vita-Saw is awesome, no matter what anyone says.  I'm going to edit the game files directly so the Powerjack is a Vita-Saw too.

theshirn

« Reply #813 on: October 27, 2010, 02:21:08 AM »
Get anything decent out of those crates, by the way?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #814 on: October 27, 2010, 03:47:40 AM »
Also Vita-Saw is awesome, no matter what anyone says.

People who mostly play arena probably have a leg to stand on here <_<

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #815 on: October 27, 2010, 03:47:53 AM »
I really need to get into the habit of using the melee weapons. Whenever I'm on my Pyro, I'll swap over to the Axtinguisher from the Degreaser so I can quickswap to it, but I never actually use it :x

« Reply #816 on: October 27, 2010, 04:13:46 AM »
Get anything decent out of those crates, by the way?
Purple paint. :<

People who mostly play arena probably have a leg to stand on here <_<
Okay, that's a fair exception.

I really need to get into the habit of using the melee weapons. Whenever I'm on my Pyro, I'll swap over to the Axtinguisher from the Degreaser so I can quickswap to it, but I never actually use it :x
Most melee weapons rank as the second weakest weapons in the game if you aren't playing with random crits.  Even if I play Pyro I almost always use the shotgun instead of the axtinguisher, because the shotgun has more range in addition to being faster.  That's probably part of why I like the polycount set more than most people.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:16:10 AM by Esoterica »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #817 on: October 27, 2010, 04:19:35 AM »
Yeah, the Shotgun is somethin I gotta get back into habit of usin, too.

Though to be fair to the flaregun, I did make some excellent use of it the other day against a Heavy who was keeping his gun spinning up to try to pick me off at range while I was carrying the Intel. The mini-crits it gives at-range to burning targets are damn handy; I forced his HP down fast enough that he switched to his Sandvich, and I rushed up and ignite/Axtinguished him to death while he was eating. Proceeded to die to a Shortstop Scout just around the corner, though.

« Reply #818 on: October 27, 2010, 04:45:48 AM »
The new blog update has shown me the demo's stickies are really blitzballs.

Herasy

« Reply #819 on: October 27, 2010, 06:28:21 AM »
The new blog update has shown me the demo's stickies are really blitzballs.

Well they are both equally as dangerous if Final Fantasy 10 is anything to go by.

I want one just so I can throw it up into the air while I'm doin nothin

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #820 on: October 27, 2010, 12:57:22 PM »
Hey guys, am I cool yet?

Also, I have a trade for a Fancy Fedora in the works. Should I color it grey or black?

Edible

« Reply #821 on: October 27, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »
pink

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #822 on: October 27, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »
Suddenly I'm imagining the Scout doing the Jecht Shot with a blitzball for the Sandman's alt fire.  :V

Edible

« Reply #823 on: October 27, 2010, 08:33:03 PM »
Demoman should explode in a huge (damaging) ball of flame when killed by a rocket or other explosives.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #824 on: October 27, 2010, 08:59:07 PM »
Demoman should explode in a huge (damaging) ball of flame when killed by a rocket or other explosives.
YER spies should be able to taunt with whatever weapon the person they bodysnatched had.

I mainly want this so I can backstab a soldier with using the Equalizer and then suicide bomb people.  Or taunt-kill snipers.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Edible

« Reply #825 on: October 27, 2010, 09:00:53 PM »
YER spies should be able to taunt with whatever weapon the person they bodysnatched had.

I mainly want this so I can backstab a soldier with using the Equalizer and then suicide bomb people.  Or taunt-kill snipers.

Would literally go out of my way to backstab Heavies and pow-kill everyone all day. :(

Barrakketh

« Reply #826 on: October 27, 2010, 09:15:22 PM »
Would literally go out of my way to backstab Heavies and pow-kill everyone all day. :(
Ah, but they would have to be using their fists at the time because you can't switch disguise weapons with YER.  Most heavies use the KGB or GRU.

The main thing that drives me nuts is that I can't taunt someone without losing a hard-earned disguise, so some form of taunting would be nice.  Being able to kill people with the taunts would just be a nice bonus in the rare event that you managed to backstab someone with the appropriate weapon (most likely to happen with Huntsman snipers and gunslinger engineers since the former usually has their primary out and the latter can have The Gunslinger and Frontier Justice equipped which both have taunts that can kill).
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #827 on: October 27, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »
That would be awesome, and I endorse this idea just because of it.

I totally suck at killing people with taunts though.

Barrakketh

« Reply #828 on: October 27, 2010, 09:41:46 PM »
That would be awesome, and I endorse this idea just because of it.

I totally suck at killing people with taunts though.
Most of the time when I kill someone with a taunt it is either an oblivious sniper (it is easy to smash their head in with a guitar) or a heavy who decides that he can easily eat a sandvich and kill the pyro who ignited him but ends up eating a hadouken instead.

theshirn

« Reply #829 on: October 27, 2010, 09:43:23 PM »
I don't think I've ever taunt killed anyone. :(

« Reply #830 on: October 27, 2010, 10:48:19 PM »
Most of my taunt kills come from snipers and people trying to melee me. Trouble is crits can happen in that instance.

That one time when I hadoukened a medic using the bonesaw and the guy goes over the mic, "wtf was that.
I got hit with some kind of fireball thing."
Classic.

« Reply #831 on: October 27, 2010, 10:51:03 PM »
2fort's great for taunt kills.  Go engie, sentry jump onto the battlements, jump on a sniper's head, use FJ taunt, prepare for awesome.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #832 on: October 28, 2010, 12:15:30 AM »
Oh god I love the Flare Gun. It's just so awesomely fun.

« Reply #833 on: October 28, 2010, 12:28:50 AM »
Oh god I love the Flare Gun. It's just so awesomely fun.
I loved the flare gun until I realized it had 14 DPS compared to the shotgun's 150 :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #834 on: October 28, 2010, 12:30:53 AM »
It's just fun to snipe people unexpectedly or catch snipers unaware and make them panic. Also, the rare instances when you land a burning crit is even more awesome.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #835 on: October 28, 2010, 12:37:45 AM »
Halloween update~

It's time to be a paper bag pyro again.  8)

theshirn

« Reply #836 on: October 28, 2010, 12:40:43 AM »
Added a health penalty to the Rocket Jumper.
Now if you must troll, you'll have a slightly harder time of it. :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #837 on: October 28, 2010, 12:42:34 AM »
I wonder if that means you'll damage yourself while rocket jumping at a much smaller rate or if that's a -X max health thing. Lawld.

Also Sticky Jumper what, I'm imagining Eyelander demos using this with hilarious results.

Herasy

« Reply #838 on: October 28, 2010, 01:24:59 AM »
wee halloween

too bad I can't play :V

« Reply #839 on: October 28, 2010, 02:21:33 AM »
So whats the metal do?

uuuuuuuuuuu Hustler's Hallmark get.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:45:25 AM by Cadmas »