Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83715 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #780 on: October 22, 2010, 10:04:41 PM »
uhhh I played a gunslinger engie on fastlane today, got a decent 51 points

I wouldn't do it unless you already have an engie, as everyone will bitch about not having a teleport

camping gunslinger engie is useless, you have to move constantly=stuff is vulnerable to sapping

throw a dispenser near the wrench engie's nest, more metal for him plus it acts as a sapper marker for you(you might be able to save the nest)

remember, engies are bros, if you aren't going to set up teles and stuff, at least help the other engie who does.

use pistol+shotgun as you'll want to support the mini instead of letting it kill

don't be afraid to fight, you have both short and long range power and good hp, with a mini you can even 1v1 a heavy if you catch him off guard

also don't do it in campy modes, it's pretty much 5cp and arena only.

« Reply #781 on: October 22, 2010, 10:08:21 PM »
Holy... Mokou...

Feel bad for the people that didn't win.

"I entered the polycount contest and all I got all this stinkin' badge."

~Picked up on some rumors about the medic being the secret polycount update for a Halloween event.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:19:21 PM by Cadmas »

Bananamatic

« Reply #782 on: October 23, 2010, 11:20:08 AM »
most points: HEAVY

totally not overpowered
and man we shotgun pyros are such a minority

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #783 on: October 23, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »
Okay, crates are a bullshit excuse to reduce our actual weekly drop rates. I have like five crates now.   :(

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #784 on: October 23, 2010, 05:05:19 PM »
most points: HEAVY

totally not overpowered
Points aren't indicative of class power.  Since the pyro leads the soldier and demo I guess it is about time that we nerf pyros again since we all know how much rape a demo can cause.

And on average kills/hour pyro is right below the heavy.  Nerf pyros IMO :V

and man we shotgun pyros are such a minority
Flare gun doesn't even make the chart.  Besides, most shotgun pyros W+M1 all day long.  Flare gun pyros like to pretend they are snipers (ditto for your average spy using The Ambassador).

Besides, the shotgun is usually used to finish off a target so the flamethrower would constitute most of your damage.

Okay, crates are a bullshit excuse to reduce our actual weekly drop rates. I have like five crates now.   :(
Crates are supposedly on a separate drop timer and don't count towards your item limit.  They are essentially freebies.

And excluding crates, I only found four items for the week  :(
Spoiler:
I'm still hoarding my rates in case Valve ever has a key sale or lets them drop...if they dropped the price to something like 25 cents/key or something I would probably break my "never buy anything from the MANN Co. store" policy.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Bananamatic

« Reply #785 on: October 23, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »
And on average kills/hour pyro is right below the heavy.  Nerf pyros IMO :V

Besides, the shotgun is usually used to finish off a target so the flamethrower would constitute most of your damage.
1) Buff pub players, show them the S button :V

really though, heavy can cause unavoidable deaths in 1v1 situations, pyros are easy to counter with any class

2) checking my stats:
2009 kills from flamethrower(including afterburn kills)
1941 kills from pyro shotgun

also hooray rank 6 in reflected rocket kills on UKCS
still leading in mackerel kills

« Reply #786 on: October 23, 2010, 11:56:43 PM »
Actually the shotgun should be the primary of a good Pyro, while the flamethrower's just used for applying afterburn or blowing stuff around.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #787 on: October 24, 2010, 01:14:32 AM »
Whoooooo! First arrow reflect kill. :toot:

Also crafted the Rocket Jumper.  :)

My father has a "new" laptop and he hasn't been using it much. Thinking I could use it for gaming(and get rid of the need to race my siblings to the computer,) I asked him for it. Oh god it's hideous. The touchpad is scrunched so far to the left that I know if I played team fortress on this the results would be disastrous. Instead of two mouse buttons, it has one button, with no visible border to tell where one key ends and another key begins. It just has an inch-long part (that can't be seen) in between the two buttons that doesn't do anyhting, and when you do click it feels like you're trying to break the darn thing.
What a waste of $700.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #788 on: October 24, 2010, 05:45:27 AM »
Mini-sentry totin', shotgun blastin', pistol slingin' engineer is damn delicious and fun. Though people might get pissy at me if I do it when there's not a wrenchineer around I DUN CARE. I racked up a nice bit of points through all the CP and Arena games I was playing. I'm getting used to tossing down mini-sentries and anticipating when they get offed to toss another. It's quite fun.

Herasy

« Reply #789 on: October 25, 2010, 12:27:36 AM »
Mini-sentry totin', shotgun blastin', pistol slingin' engineer is damn delicious and fun. Though people might get pissy at me if I do it when there's not a wrenchineer around I DUN CARE. I racked up a nice bit of points through all the CP and Arena games I was playing. I'm getting used to tossing down mini-sentries and anticipating when they get offed to toss another. It's quite fun.

The Ninjaneer is viable in offensive situations (Arena, Offensive Payload and Point capturing). I don't know why people get so mad at the gunslinger just because the engineer won't sit in the same spot and whack his gigantic hunk of metal. As long as you still set up teleports and dispensers along with the sentries everywhere you are still helpful to the team. I'm almost always Ninjaneering instead of classic engineer.

Also if you still want a Frontier Justice I can give you one for free, might have to wait around a couple hours after I post this though.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #790 on: October 25, 2010, 12:39:04 AM »
I got one now but thanks for the offer. <3

Holy cow Engineer just took over my stats board. My highest point count was 22 with soldier and now it's 28 with engie.  :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #792 on: October 25, 2010, 02:37:05 AM »
I randomly joined up with an old internet bud who I had forgotten had TF2 and he gave me a ton of extra crap. Sadly nothing new in the pile but it's nice to have stuff. Should I craft the extras to get some metal I guess?

Also I am disappoint right now. I'm mouseless and really want to play.  :ohdear:

« Reply #793 on: October 25, 2010, 02:43:58 AM »
I randomly joined up with an old internet bud who I had forgotten had TF2 and he gave me a ton of extra crap. Sadly nothing new in the pile but it's nice to have stuff. Should I craft the extras to get some metal I guess?

Also I am disappoint right now. I'm mouseless and really want to play.  :ohdear:
Random question: Got any crates?

I just traded my unusual modest pile for eight keys and a bombing run, I need to make sure key #8 gets me something useless too.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #794 on: October 25, 2010, 02:48:17 AM »
Nope, no crates on me. I'd like to point out that I still have yet to get a hat.  :V

« Reply #795 on: October 25, 2010, 02:48:56 AM »
Nope, no crates on me. I'd like to point out that I still have yet to get a hat.  :V
On average, the drop system would give one for every 150some hours of playtime.

Which is now of course lower now that there's a weekly cap.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #796 on: October 25, 2010, 02:49:48 AM »
I've a couple crates to my name.  I'm never buying a key and don't really care about the crafting system, the hats, or pretty much anything else, so if you want them, let me know.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #797 on: October 25, 2010, 03:00:23 AM »

I would see if I could trade some stuff off before crafting, you never know what you can get.

Btw, I feel that despite playing a lot(800 hours holy crap,) that I'm no better than your average pubbie. Any tips for getting better, preferably with support classes(those are the ones I tend to play.)

Also, in order to juggle people, you shoot them at their feet, right(Soldier/demo)?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #798 on: October 25, 2010, 03:01:10 AM »
I've a couple crates to my name.  I'm never buying a key and don't really care about the crafting system, the hats, or pretty much anything else, so if you want them, let me know.
What's your name on Steam now? :V  I'm ready to trade whenever.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #799 on: October 25, 2010, 04:18:20 AM »
Still theshim.  I doubt I'll change my Steam name much, if ever.

I'll probably be around at about 1pm EST tomorrow or thereabouts, if that works.  Feel free to PM me.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #800 on: October 25, 2010, 04:29:29 AM »
Wait, when were keys tradable? Are they now an exception from the no-trading-store-bought-stuff limitation?

« Reply #801 on: October 25, 2010, 04:54:42 AM »
Is like the only way to see servers with custom maps is to download the maps before hand?

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #802 on: October 25, 2010, 01:31:38 PM »
If you uncheck "Simplified server list" on the internet tab it will show a list of all servers, including ones running non-standard maps. You should automatically download whatever you need when you join.

« Reply #803 on: October 25, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »
Well "Simplified server list" has been checked off but all I ever see are original maps, achievement idle maps, and orange.
Fps Banana is full of good custom maps and it seems no one hosts them or I can't see them.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #804 on: October 25, 2010, 01:50:38 PM »
Oh, then I dunno then.  :derp: I have a few servers in favorites that occasionally run custom maps but that's only because they ran standards when I faved them.

« Reply #805 on: October 25, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »
My favs always get deleted. Not sure if that's my brother's doing or updates.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #806 on: October 25, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »
Oh, Cadmas, no, that's not an issue with your computer.

Just about the only servers going right now are Achievement_Idle and trading post servers. You're lucky if you can find a good standard-playlist map and actually successfully connect to it.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #807 on: October 25, 2010, 05:03:47 PM »
Is there even any purpose to Achievement_Idle servers with the drop limit now in place? I can't think of any achievements where you'd benefit from sitting in a room repeatedly dying.

« Reply #808 on: October 25, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »
Most now are just used for trading and getting the unlocks, but the ones with just the rooms are pretty well useless.

Seems people rather spend all their time fashion modeling than playing the game or trying new maps.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:30:01 PM by Cadmas »

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #809 on: October 25, 2010, 05:58:25 PM »
Huntsman
Darwin's Danger Shield
Tribalman's Shiv

This is incredibly awesome. My aiming skills with the bow are light years ahead of my aiming skills with the rifle and this is actually a pretty damn capable mid-range fighter. The Shiv is good for anyone that sneaks into close range and spies that wander around.