Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83715 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #240 on: October 01, 2010, 06:00:03 PM »
Valve gave it out for NOT using an idling program

the idlers raged like mad because they got boned out of their items
unfortunately I wasn't playing back then

« Reply #241 on: October 01, 2010, 06:14:11 PM »
So far the only weapon I've gotten is the spy's pistol which is meh.
I rather have weapons that do more damage than add something that's supplementary.

Other than that Cheaters Lament and a Merryweather.

Also all these dual pistols and crates are cluttering up the backpack. 

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #242 on: October 01, 2010, 06:25:56 PM »
Oh. I thought Cheater's Lament was like 'HAHA YOU GOT CAUGHT CHEATING'

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #243 on: October 01, 2010, 06:56:55 PM »
It's more like "The cheaters are lamenting for not having this hat". Which they did, a lot. People even made servers that banned you for having the hat in your backpack, regardless if you equipped it or not. Kind of weird, banning people for not cheating.

EDIT: Broken Sydney Sleeper is broken
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 07:04:14 PM by Admiral Skye »

« Reply #244 on: October 01, 2010, 07:16:16 PM »
yeah, EvilDaedalus is al/ways the first one to notice these glitchs.

« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2010, 07:48:39 PM »
It's more like "The cheaters are lamenting for not having this hat". Which they did, a lot. People even made servers that banned you for having the hat in your backpack, regardless if you equipped it or not. Kind of weird, banning people for not cheating.
It's not that "cheaters" were lamenting not getting the hat; it's that people wearing halos felt the need to acquire a holier-than-thou attitude to accompany their new headpiece, and would continually talk down to idlers.  Idlers, as well as people that didn't give a damn about the whole thing in the first place (hi o/), got extremely pissed off extremely fast, and the incessant bullshit started flying from both sides.

« Reply #246 on: October 01, 2010, 08:37:18 PM »
lol my brother has already put the spy gun in the "craft this crap away" bin.

Bananamatic

« Reply #247 on: October 01, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »
lol, I also got double killed by the piss rifle
it's a horrible concept anyways

also airshot

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #248 on: October 01, 2010, 08:55:04 PM »
lol my brother has already put the spy gun in the "craft this crap away" bin.
Nah, the new spy gun isn't bad.  Hell, for the average player that uses The Ambassador you're better off with the new gun since the decrease in damage isn't much more and you probably weren't capable of getting a headshot on anything but a stationary sniper in the first place. (And if you were using the revolver it would only take one more shot than you'd need to kill them with The Ambassador, anyway.)

If you're not going to choose the superior weapon (revolver) you could at least pick the better of the unlocks.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #249 on: October 01, 2010, 09:00:49 PM »
I never used the Ambassador, and the only reason I use the Revolver is to kill guys with less than 50hp, kill Razorback Snipers, and defend myself when I wait for my Dead Ringer recharge. This new gun will be helpful for the DR, and with the Saharan set it becomes the Silent Ringer.

« Reply #250 on: October 01, 2010, 09:13:01 PM »
I'm with ya there about the Ambassador being bleh. Like I said I always prefer a more powerful gun over the chance stuff and gimmicks.

Barrakketh

« Reply #251 on: October 01, 2010, 09:36:47 PM »
This new gun will be helpful for the DR
You forgot that the new gun is the only other way to recharge the C&D other than by waiting.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #252 on: October 01, 2010, 10:00:03 PM »
I love the ambassador, even though the regular revolver is probably better. Ammy-critting a spastic is so satisfying. It makes me feel pro. The over-the-top FABULOUS of the gun doesn't hurt either.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #253 on: October 01, 2010, 10:13:51 PM »
Drool, degreaser drop.

Bananamatic

« Reply #254 on: October 01, 2010, 11:10:17 PM »
I guess I should start using stickies

some of these pubbers are almost frighteningly dedicated - not even 3 stickies on the point stop the capping attempt
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:37:32 PM by Bananamatic »

SAS

• The Worst Person In the World
  • I have a deathwish
« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2010, 11:46:35 PM »
HLxstats-mod counts every hit with the Holy Mackarel as a kill.
RAMPAGE!

« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2010, 12:06:59 AM »
So I've found four Degreasers now.

Trading them for new Scout, Spy, or Sniper items.  Or better yet, a Powerjack.

Also, if anyone has spare earbuds I want them, because I traded mine away for a level 97 Vintage Vintage Merryweather. :V nvm rat bastard backed out on me :<
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 12:14:30 AM by Esoterica »

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2010, 12:24:16 AM »
So I've found four Degreasers now.

Trading them for new Scout, Spy, or Sniper items.  Or better yet, a Powerjack.

Also, if anyone has spare earbuds I want them, because I traded mine away for a level 97 Vintage Vintage Merryweather. :V nvm rat bastard backed out on me :<

I won't part with my scout weapons (they're all one of a kind right now, don't have any dupes), but I'll give my spy pistol or spy knife for a degreaser. I'm not really too fond of them to really miss them right now :V

« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2010, 12:29:19 AM »
My brother traded his crates to some pyro. Pyro opened them and got a name tag and the sleepy cap.

Also now got the useless danger shield.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2010, 12:56:49 AM »
I'm only using the Ambassador (and the Targe) until I get their respective achievements.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2010, 01:44:47 AM »
Exactly how much are cans of paint and name tags worth? Also, can they be crafted.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2010, 02:04:48 AM »
Exactly how much are cans of paint and name tags worth? Also, can they be crafted.
Name tags are $5.00 in the store, paint's $2.50 I think.  Both can drop randomly with weapon-rarity.

« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2010, 02:59:33 AM »
Aloha, me again.

...Is it just my computer or do 0 servers come up no matter what criterion I put in?  Even just "Team Fortress 2" and nothing else comes back with no servers.  Anything I'm missing? Should I be looking at the (TF2) site for any news or anything?

Sorry to keep bothering you folk with my newbish questions :o

« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2010, 03:08:51 AM »

isn't that bad, though? It's like bragging that you've gotten arrested for child molestation. Why would you want to admit to doing something you shouldn't have?

I think my sentence structure could use some work  :blush:
You got the hat for NOT using the idle program. Anyone who used it didn't get a halo.

Has anyone gotten a key for the crates through a random drop? Or are those story only?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:11:23 AM by Gofure »

« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2010, 03:31:56 AM »
Has anyone gotten a key for the crates through a random drop? Or are those story only?
Store only, sadly.  I've got three of the damn things.

Also trading is the best thing ever, I traded an Ubersaw for a Magistrate's Mullet and also got a Napper's Respite <3  Might trade the nightcap for the sombrero...maybe.

EDIT: Traded the spy knife for a sombrero, scratch that :V

EDIT2: My hat collection has soared to an all-time high.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:15:00 AM by Esoterica »

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #265 on: October 02, 2010, 04:37:44 AM »

EDIT: Broken Sydney Sleeper is broken
Mein Leben.

« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2010, 06:08:46 AM »
Got the entire Pyro pack now.  That +10% speed boost is amazingly noticeable.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2010, 06:11:21 AM »
Store only, sadly.  I've got three of the damn things.

Also trading is the best thing ever, I traded an Ubersaw for a Magistrate's Mullet and also got a Napper's Respite <3  Might trade the nightcap for the sombrero...maybe.

EDIT: Traded the spy knife for a sombrero, scratch that :V

EDIT2: My hat collection has soared to an all-time high.
Man, and I thought I was being a bit greedy wanting to trade my extra Vintage weapons for Refined Metal. Maybe I should look around some more.

Barrakketh

« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2010, 09:14:26 AM »
Got the entire Pyro pack now.  That +10% speed boost is amazingly noticeable.
Really?  I can barely notice the 7% bonus the medic has.  I don't think I'd give up the Axtinguisher for the Powerjack, either...the Degreaser makes the Axtinguisher much more attractive.

« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2010, 01:08:49 PM »
Really?  I can barely notice the 7% bonus the medic has.  I don't think I'd give up the Axtinguisher for the Powerjack, either...the Degreaser makes the Axtinguisher much more attractive.
At first I was like "big deal", but then I started walking around at Badlands mid and was rather impressed with the extra mobility.

My experiences with axtinguisher + degreaser haven't been too great, either.  You can actually beat a heavy, but against classes capable of moving around enough to dodge a hit, you still need to wait for them to fall after the puff, which completely defeats the purpose.

On the other hand, Degreaser + shotty is god tier :V