Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 282089 times)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2015, 12:29:11 PM »
Link Between Worlds complete! A very nice and faithful remix of the original. It felt a bit short, but for a 3DS title? Awesome. They probably had to pack in the dungeons a bit which would explain why they were shorter, although there were always snippets of the dungeons that felt optional. Admittedly I got tuckered out towards the end and just wanted to get on with things which would explain why I would just get tiny bits done at a time for several weeks and then binged on like 4 dungeons in a single day. I got all the heart pieces and something like 80+ maiamais which was worth it but it got tedious looking for the last 1-2 in each area and I'll be darned if I care to look up a guide and spend 5 hours scouring the worlds for them all. Oh well. Still lots of fun even if it felt a bit watered down/simply redone in comparison to the original.

Next up is Majora's Mask 3DS. I will most likely play it through to the first APOCALYPSE then get scared, scream like a schoolgirl, then close the 3DS and leave it alone for 2-3 months. My mind draws a blank when I try to recall how to get through it and it was enough to dog the rest of my time playing it until I just gave up.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2015, 01:47:34 PM »
Ye gods what have I subjected myself to...?  Currently binging on HyperDimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, and it's a lot of fun, of grindy at times so far.  In the middle of adventures in Leanbox now.  Iffy is freaking ADORABLE when flustered holy crap.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

SpeedySPCFan

• We are all controlled by something greater... MEMES!
  • Game reviewer or something.
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2015, 02:09:19 PM »
Done with STALKER Clear Sky, beat it in 3 days. It was buggy, good fun. And with that out of the way, I'm still playing what I was playing before, but now I'm working my way through DOOM 64 EX.

Ye gods what have I subjected myself to...?  Currently binging on HyperDimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, and it's a lot of fun, of grindy at times so far.  In the middle of adventures in Leanbox now.  Iffy is freaking ADORABLE when flustered holy crap.
How bad is the grinding? I'm interested in the game since it seems pretty light hearted and silly, but I hear a lot about the grinding in it and I'm not so sure about the game with that in mind.
"Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joyned with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf." - Nicholas Kerensky (quote from BattleTech fiction)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2015, 03:38:22 PM »
So far was really only chapter 2(I am in 3 someplace now), but there is a method to make the grind there much less painful so it isnt so bad.  It'll be jarring, but as long as you keep your equipment current and stay a decent level you should be ok in the end.  Equipment is INCREDIBLY important, much more than levels,though you are slightly limited early on,it seems like it will continueto expand so it should turn out fine.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2015, 03:41:49 PM »
The grinding's actually not that bad later in the game. In the first couple chapters it's terrible because almost nothing is worth any exp. Idea Factory is really weird about that, giving out Dragon Quest-tier exp and money early in the game and then later on you're getting hundreds of thousands. Life Rings are extremely useful, btw. They pretty much double your HP. Later on, once you have more, you can swap them out for something else. HP goes into 5-digits before level 99.

Still trying to play FFTA2. I JUST found out how you get the token shop in the auction house. Eight years and nobody told me this. You actually have to play a bunch of times, win or lose, before you can buy tokens. I imagine you can brute-force all the auctions if you buy enough 5s. Clan Points are a renewable resource, and you don't get less when you play a repeated mission.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2015, 03:45:23 PM »
I'm still playing Re;Birth2.  Working on getting the Oracles and knocking out the faction endings while I'm at it. 

How bad is the grinding? I'm interested in the game since it seems pretty light hearted and silly, but I hear a lot about the grinding in it and I'm not so sure about the game with that in mind.

I think they handle grinding pretty good.  I mean as long as you're doing all the quests in the new dungeons, both story and optional, you never have to stop and actively grind.

SpeedySPCFan

« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2015, 08:28:11 PM »
I think they handle grinding pretty good.  I mean as long as you're doing all the quests in the new dungeons, both story and optional, you never have to stop and actively grind.

Sounds pretty good, might I'll pick up some of the games on PC sometime if this is the case. I was worried I'd have to stop and grind all the time. Thanks!
"Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joyned with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf." - Nicholas Kerensky (quote from BattleTech fiction)

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2015, 12:16:03 AM »
Day 1, reached Deck 3. Remembered I tried Normal or Hard back then and gave up because I'd ran out of bullets in robot-filled cargo bays. This time I used resources in a more optimized way and didn't have too many problems there. Looks like I'm set for the rest of the run.

SpeedySPCFan

« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2015, 12:35:19 AM »
Day 1, reached Deck 3. Remembered I tried Normal or Hard back then and gave up because I'd ran out of bullets in robot-filled cargo bays. This time I used resources in a more optimized way and didn't have too many problems there. Looks like I'm set for the rest of the run.

System Shock 2 is a really easy game if you know what to put your points into and you can conserve ammo. The wrench is crazy strong so you can just smack most things with it.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2015, 07:05:34 AM »
I think someone's been using those Wormholes a bit too much - somehow we're at level 2910 right now. Holy fuck.

Anyway, I've completed the original world map in Destiny of Spirits and the first Red Zone continent - all that's left is the... other... two... continents.

Ugh.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2015, 07:17:24 AM »
System Shock 2 is a really easy game if you know what to put your points into and you can conserve ammo. The wrench is crazy strong so you can just smack most things with it.

Between shotgun, assault rifle and grenade launcher, I don't think I'll have trouble with ammo. Using wrench does help a lot early on, though.

That said, I did some calculations and have no idea what I'll spend half of cyber-modules on. Getting Standard Weapons to max is a big investment, but other than that I'll only need Maintenance and Hacking, plus a bit of Research and Heavy Weapons. I guess I'll end up padding the basic stats. Which is far from a waste, thankfully. Really, the game's at its hardest near the start, when you barely have any skills.

How's Max Payne, by the way?

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2015, 08:56:36 AM »

I FULLY EXPECT THE SERVERS TO EXPLODE BUT THE HYPE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE CONTAINED

(this is also what i'm gonna be doing for the next forever and a half)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 08:58:14 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

SpeedySPCFan

« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2015, 02:56:23 PM »
Between shotgun, assault rifle and grenade launcher, I don't think I'll have trouble with ammo. Using wrench does help a lot early on, though.

That said, I did some calculations and have no idea what I'll spend half of cyber-modules on. Getting Standard Weapons to max is a big investment, but other than that I'll only need Maintenance and Hacking, plus a bit of Research and Heavy Weapons. I guess I'll end up padding the basic stats. Which is far from a waste, thankfully. Really, the game's at its hardest near the start, when you barely have any skills.

How's Max Payne, by the way?

Get Standard Weapons to the point where you can use the assault rifle. Try to put at least 2 points into hacking. Maintenance should be pretty high too. Heavy Weapons, you only need the Grenade Launcher. Research is useless except for Deck 3. Later in the game, you'll have quite a lot of points stockpiled, and at that point, get the best Psi healing possible. It can heal half of your health while taking very little Psi energy, it's insane.

It's great so far, great presentation, great story, and fun gameplay.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2015, 04:58:08 PM »
Research is useless except for Deck 3.

The bonus from researching organs actually mattered enough to cut the amount of hits respective enemies needed by one. The difference between 3 and 2, or even 2 and 1 in some cases, saved enough ammunition (and health) to be justified.

But yeah, having more than one point in Research is useless. Other researchable stuff isn't interesting enough.

Later in the game, you'll have quite a lot of points stockpiled, and at that point, get the best Psi healing possible. It can heal half of your health while taking very little Psi energy, it's insane.

Not doing that for the sake of challenge :)

That said, about the only thing I wish I would have done differently in early game would be getting 2 in Repair to get grenade launcher early. It'd help in grand total of three places at best, but still.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2015, 05:28:49 PM »
and you don't get less when you play a repeated mission.
Turns out you do, but you don't get less and less the more often you do a mission. Anyway, the game hates me and won't give me the loot I need. I have a lot of bladed weapons but barely any staves or bows. It's weird and depressing at the same time. It's not like I need to graduate to rank 2 loot. And the damn law bonus gives me Barongs no matter what I do. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS KEEPS HAPPENING.

I think I'm going to play SRW today.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2015, 09:24:03 PM »
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

More like "why is my only class above level 50 Fisher"

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2015, 09:35:06 PM »
Too bad MotK is too spread out in FFXIV to actual do stuff :V

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2015, 04:12:03 AM »
Playing The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky it's something I need to get used to although I wish there was a better way to window mode the game oh well I'm enjoying it really on Steam,
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2015, 08:08:52 AM »
I'm playing Saints Row IV, cause sometimes you just feel like smacking people around with a tentacle bat.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2015, 04:16:12 PM »
Deck 4, ran out of standard bullets, even though I used them only when others would be overkill. Decided to swap shotgun for laser pistol's overdrive mode. Also, the wrench really should see some more use.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 04:31:32 PM by CyberAngel »

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2015, 03:29:33 AM »
Ocarina of Time defeated. Biggoron Sword is borderline OP if not outright OP I swear.  :V

I don't really care about reading guides and getting 100%, so it's bye to Zelda for now and off to another Nintendo series.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2015, 02:07:15 PM »
Finished the Hard run of System Shock 2. Used less than half of healing items. Ammo did need some careful use, though. But assault rifle is strong. Things were almost too easy.

Let's try semi-psionic build on Impossible.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2015, 02:53:44 AM »
Finished Danganronpa 2. I liked it a lot.

Spoiler:
I'm slightly conflicted about the overall resolution. It continued the trend of being carried out just well enough to not be completely ridiculous, but... I think during my thoughts on the first game I said something about how all the story needed was a virtual reality scenario to complete its suite of "worst plot twists ever". And here I thought they were doing so well not introducing any more total shit elements like multiple personalities (I guess I'm accepting it as a given that memory loss is just part of the premise now), and then that happened. To be clear, I didn't hate it, but I certainly didn't love it.

I also kind of had the ending revealed to me pretty early by something Chiaki says in her social link. She says something about her father that calls back to something Alter Ego said in the first game, heavily implying that Alter Ego is her father. And for that to be true, of course she would have to be AI as well. For a while I was assuming she was an android, and the android being constructed in the Monobeast factory almost completely convinced me of that, but the fact that Monokuma had magic powers kind of tipped that it was a simulation. Watching her die was rough, but given that Alter Ego has died twice now and still seems to be around I'm willing to bet she isn't gone for good.

So yeah, I liked it more than the first one overall, and I liked the first one pretty well. The mechanics were a lot tighter, and while I didn't love the ending like I loved the ending of the first one, the smoother experience up to that point makes it the superior game in my opinion. This one definitely had a different ethos throughout much of it, where unlike in the first game where all of the cases are more or less solvable, most of them in the second seemed basically impossible with the clues presented at the start. The fifth and sixth cases were a lot more fair in that regard, but the first four were too much (for me, anyway) to figure out in advance. Once I got used to the fact that this would be a different kind of puzzle, though, that didn't really bother me.

So yeah, overall, B or B+. Wish I could say it was an A or A+, but it's not quite that perfect. That's okay though, the progression in quality is exciting. If they ever make a third one my money's on it being truly great. Glad I played, would recommend except for the fact that you have to use a Vita to play it.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2015, 03:05:02 AM »
Spoiler:
Chiaki was a real person and part of the Future Foundation, she was the one secret agent to make sure things went well. She's dead, just like everybody else

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2015, 03:17:22 AM »
Spoiler:
Chiaki was a real person and part of the Future Foundation, she was the one secret agent to make sure things went well. She's dead, just like everybody else

Spoiler:
I don't think that's true, is it? Are you assuming that Monomi is a real person too then, presumably just disguised? I figured Chiaki's many lines about being "created to serve the Future Foundation" and the fact that she continued to appear after dying made it pretty clear that she was never a person. Her late appearances could be chalked up to hallucinations I guess, but she seemed to volunteer some new information.

And, for whatever it's worth, Wikipedia seems to agree with me.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2015, 07:07:30 PM »
System Shock 2 on Impossible is done. Didn't use much psi stuff, actually, but some things are super useful. Had to learn to melee as many enemies as possible anyway. It was quite a scary surprise to learn that most bodies didn't have any loot all of a sudden. Plus low health meant pipe-wielding hybrids could OHKO me near the start. Still, the game didn't become much harder, but rather more INTERESTING. But there was still enough resources to feel comfortable, nothing impossible about it.

« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2015, 06:15:08 PM »
I'm playing Pok?mon LeafGreen right now.

Four badges, 19 Pok?mon owned in the Pok?dex, and I'm still level grinding for Koga since I underestimated how dangerous he actually was.
My current party is Dragonair, Raichu, Primeape, Starmie, Dugtrio and Charizard.

I'm also waiting for Terraria's 1.3 update to come out so I can subject myself to all the torture Re-Logic has in store.  :]

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2015, 10:18:23 AM »
Oh wow. Neptunia Re;Birth3 is now out, and it has a bunch of DLC for it. The only one that's not free is one tailored to making Stella's Dungeon and XP grinding go faster. So we get all of the Makers, the Oracles, Iffy and Compa, Japanese voice, all three postgame content packs, and a bunch of items.

Too bad my LE's coming tomorrow (or rather, later today since it's past midnight).

Ace Combat is hitting 20 this month, so ACI is having a bunch of challenges to celebrate, as well as a tourney that has custom versions of the three Bone Arrows aircraft - Viper's Fishbed, Omega's Typhoon, and since Reaper is this game's Mobius One, he gets a Raptor.

(EDIT): I love how I can just walk into a 4P Pipeline room with a level 1 F-16XL (so I can get this stupid "kill 160 targets in the XL with 4AGMs") with 3 players around my MR and still wipe the floor with them score-wise. Granted, all three of them went air-superiority, which just makes it even stranger when we couldn't S rank it because of all the planes in the sky at the end of the sortie. Hell, I personally smashed up a few MiG-29s myself because I ran out of ground targets.

If you haven't yet gotten 100% in Destiny of Spirits, I'm sorry to say you've lost your chance. The servers have closed, and since there's no offline version... well.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:15:49 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2015, 08:59:45 AM »

What's that?  Clear the new Heavensward raid within 24 hours of its release?

Yup.

shut up I know it's just story mode fight me

SpeedySPCFan

« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »
Right now I'm currently playing:

Max Payne, MechWarrior 2 (for the LP thread), MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries (for a review), 007 Nightfire PC (for a review), and, Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Max Payne I kind of ignored for a bit though I'll get back to it soon, and Oath in Felghana I've been playing like crazy for the past two days. Really good game.

I finished a few games I was working on though, namely F.E.A.R, F.E.A.R Extraction Point, Blood II, and SHOGO: Mobile Armor Division. Both SHOGO and Blood II have the same problem of the combat being insanely hard at some points due to awful balancing, and Extraction Point feels lazy as it repeats a lot of what F.E.A.R did, except worse. The original though, that game is fantastic.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 03:24:43 PM by SpeedySPCFan »