Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 100535 times)

Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2010, 10:38:15 PM »
razorback should get replaced with a sign "too lazy to spycheck"
I've even had some completely blind snipers which I've managed to stab twice without them noticing.
It's still somewhat useful in arena if the enemy team has lots of spies, since even if a spy shoots at you with a revolver you have a chance to fight back, and teammates will hear the distinct revolver noise.

Still, I'd rather have an SMG or Jarate. :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2010, 10:52:58 PM »
I never play Arena...my style of play is way too suicidal.
Sometimes, I tend to throw myself into a patch of stickies so only one person dies instead of 3+. That is if the demoman is trigger happy :V

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2010, 03:55:44 AM »
Arenas are such a boring maps. Dying once and then waiting around for minutes for a match to end is no fun.

I like flag or cp more.

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2010, 04:07:14 AM »
Arenas are such a boring maps. Dying once and then waiting around for minutes for a match to end is no fun.

I like flag or cp more.
Then kill people before they can kill you.  It's fun to show up in the MVP area in 70% of rounds anyway. :V

Gammeru

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2010, 06:09:18 PM »

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2010, 11:33:10 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqwG87bX3t4
If only I was that good.

I tend to stick to CP/TC/CTF. I don't do all that well in arena, since im bad at the whole "staying alive" business"

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2010, 12:32:21 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqwG87bX3t4

I especially like how his video is identical to this one uploaded a half a year earlier.

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2010, 12:35:02 AM »
I especially like how his video is identical to this one uploaded a half a year earlier.
I thought something seemed off about the video description.

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2010, 04:57:31 AM »
This is The 2fort Zone.

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2010, 05:11:26 AM »
Being one of the first members of the group, I can't help but feel this could deserve some shameless advertising:

For those that aren't aware, there's been a group putting out Touhou models for TF2 for awhile now.

...I feel like I should add more than that, but the site kind of explains itself.  If you want to contact us about bug fixes or help out (not that there's much left in that department), our steam group can be found here.  Feel free to pop into the chat, and if you're looking for membership to the group someone will most likely be willing to invite you if you ask nicely.

Bananamatic

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2010, 04:58:41 PM »
sweet
stood around the corner with the eyelander
pressed G

DECAPITATION

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2010, 05:35:06 PM »
sweet
stood around the corner with the eyelander
pressed G

DECAPITATION
You'd have to be a complete newb to fall for that trick...

I actually died to a Dead Ringer taunt like that before.  I was like WTF is with that kill icon, until I found out it was a taunt-kill.

Bananamatic

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »

I actually died to a Dead Ringer taunt like that before.  I was like WTF is with that kill icon, until I found out it was a taunt-kill.
actually, he didn't see it coming because I hit him just as he came in

also got demoman milestone 3

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2010, 02:33:24 PM »
I need to switch the blood splurt sound from eyelander kills to this

Bananamatic

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2010, 05:02:01 PM »
just got the best spy kill ever
medic knew i was a spy, dead ringer wasn't charged, medic charged at me with a saw

i ran against him, grazed him, turned around and backstabbed :V

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »
just got the best spy kill ever
medic knew i was a spy, dead ringer wasn't charged, medic charged at me with a saw

i ran against him, grazed him, turned around and backstabbed :V
Congratulations, you just discovered matadoring. :V

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2010, 03:13:13 PM »
Taunt-kills like that happen pretty frequently during humiliation.

It's also pretty easy to taunt-kill new/careless snipers, especially on harvest.  You can just rocket jump up to the opposing team's roof outside of their FOV, run behind them, then use the Equalizer taunt.

It's still somewhat useful in arena if the enemy team has lots of spies, since even if a spy shoots at you with a revolver you have a chance to fight back, and teammates will hear the distinct revolver noise.
They don't have much of a chance to fight back if the spy opens with an Ambassador head-shot unless the spy in question has atrocious aim.  At least if you're using Jarate the spy won't get away from your teammates if any happen to be nearby.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2010, 04:18:37 PM »
I'm gonna need a new video card before I can play... Unless I constantly jump or fire/swing a weapon, I tend to run through the ground or over it, continuing as if I were on level ground. It's pretty weird because the game still knows where I am, so if I fall to my death, I don't know about it until I've already died.

Funny thing is that I figured this out while exploring maps and classes alone. I haven't even tried playing with other people since this problem would make it almost impossible to focus on anything. :<

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2010, 08:11:32 PM »
Is everyone part of the MoTK Steam group?

If so, we should have clan matches.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2010, 09:58:37 PM »
They don't have much of a chance to fight back if the spy opens with an Ambassador head-shot unless the spy in question has atrocious aim.  At least if you're using Jarate the spy won't get away from your teammates if any happen to be nearby.

Hey, I never said it was good. :V
Is everyone part of the MoTK Steam group?

If so, we should have clan matches.
That'd be fun, but I don't think we have our own server. :ohdear:

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2010, 10:16:42 PM »
Touhou hijack your local TF2 server.   :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2010, 10:29:43 PM »
Actually...just played Medic for one game and it's not bad at all.
Especially when you are the only one and you decide the game with an uber :V

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2010, 10:33:14 PM »
My brother likes the medic the best.
He doesn't heal too often because most of the time the person he is healing can't aim.

Ubering spies is fun. 

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2010, 01:12:56 AM »
My brother likes the medic the best.
He doesn't heal too often because most of the time the person he is healing can't aim.

Ubering spies is fun.
Especially if your spy happens to be good/lucky.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2010, 01:56:11 AM »
Actually...just played Medic for one game and it's not bad at all.
Especially when you are the only one and you decide the game with an uber :V
If you ever play on 32/33 player servers it can suck if you're the only medic.  Oh so necessary, but no one wants to play the class.  And there are some maps where I greatly prefer to play a specific class since I can generally rape face if I have some medic support (just someone to heal me when I back off) but odds are the rest of your teammates are going to want to be selfish idiots and not pick one.

As a soldier on Badlands I can maintain movement speed faster than a scout (one place where the Gunboats are pure gold), make it to the middle before anyone else, kill the initial scout rush and usually stall/kill the rest of their faster offensive classes coming to the middle point while the rest of my team catches up.  It's hard to maintain that kind of momentum if you can't get some periodic heals (or at least a dispenser), because for dealing with the third and fourth points soldiers are fantastic because of their [potential] mobility if they have some support.

My enjoyment of the medic class is largely dependent upon my team.  If you're playing with a bunch of morons then you need to realize that no matter how good of a job you're doing it's ultimately not going to make a big enough of a difference to your team's overall efforts and you're better off playing a class that can make shit dead since it will probably be more enjoyable for you as a player.

Of course, I'm a jaded player that started off playing medic back when he bought TF2 in August of '09 and has logged about 160 hours (I think a little more) into the class since then.  I don't play the class very often unless I've got a few players on my friend list or some of the server regulars that I know to be competent on my team since doing so otherwise is an exercise in frustration.  People with a headset usually make the game more enjoyable anyway since I find TF2 to be more boring when there's no one to talk with :)
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2010, 05:25:51 AM »
you're better off playing a class that can make shit dead since it will probably be more enjoyable for you as a player.

I make shit dead best with the medic. (Syringe gun and Ubersaw  :V)

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2010, 11:12:22 AM »
If you ever play on 32/33 player servers it's a horrible, horrible experience and it will make you want to throw your computer out of the window.
Fixed.

Bananamatic

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2010, 11:14:13 AM »
Fixed.
I can't stand playing on anything else
mindless mayhem<<<<1v1 fights

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »
I miss hydro and 24 player vanilla servers, which is the only other thing I could bear playing apart from 6on6.

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »
I got two taunt kills in legitimate matches today. :V