Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 224410 times)

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!
« on: May 05, 2015, 05:34:03 AM »
Greeting new recruits,

Welcome to Kantai Collection. For those who don't know know what this game is about, Kantai Collection is a Japanese browser game that has sweeped over Japan and has become a massive hit in over the last year and has in turn gained a large fan base in that time frame.

As of today nearly 3 millions plus users have joined the game and the game has spawned a large doujin commuinty that consists of manga, music figurines and so forth.

There are also several official manga, light novels, an anime, an upcoming arcade, along with plenty of merchandise to boot!

What is the game about?

You play as an admiral and your are assigned to take care of ship girls known as ?kanmusus?. Theses kanmusus are under your command and you are left with the task of taking these girls out to the battle field and train them. They are tasked with taking about a mysterious unknown enemy known as the Abyssal Fleet and mysterious demonic alien like race of ships that have appeared out of no where.

It should be note that the ship girls are also based after ships from the WWII era.

So how do I get into this game?

The first thing you are going to do, is get access to the game which while the requirements might seems surprising, it turns out the whole doesn't take much time at all to do!

First you'll need to get a VPN or set up a region cookie because in order to access the game you'll need a Japanese IP address. Following that you'll need to get an account on DMM, and then go partake in a lottery. It's highly recommended you follow the link on the Wiki for advice on how to prepare for the lottery and what you need to do to access the game.

Kancolle Wiki guide to how to register to play Kancolle and basic how to play
Kancolle Wiki guide to how to get a Japanese VPN to access the game and how to guide on managing your VPN.
Kancolle Staff Twitter (use this to read info regarding lottery and updates)

Most of the game has you managing your ship girls, their equipment, building them, crafting their equipment, modernizing them, and repairing them.

And once you're all set you can send them out to battle against the abyss, against other players fleets, and go on expeditions to collect resources.

Most of the important tutorial regarding how to play the game can also be found on this Wiki. It's not that difficult to do and can be easy to remember what to do since the game resolved around simple mechanics.

Basic how to play Tuorial
FAQ section (important to read)

The Kancolle Wiki and everything you need to know about it.

What's currently going on?

The Lottery Free Server update

As of July  3rd there is now a lottery free server on the Kancolle servers meaning you can now have full access to the game without having to go through the lottery process!! All you need is to register an account, get a VPN or region cookie, hop on the server and you're all set!

Also 30 more Kanmusus got voice updates for the summer now totally up to 50+ kanmusu with Summer dialogue. 

What's coming up next?
Summer event is approaching... nothing much is known as of yet.... except it'll be here around August!

List of Admirals in Office
Totaku
Kasu
Abraham Lincoln
DeltaSierra4
Red Frost
qMyon
HighZealot
Labuto
GPoP
Charoe
Sixten
Yukarin
MewMewHeart
Rune Devros
Calamity
Think Komachi with a Rifle
Zengar Zombolt
Raitaki
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:09:24 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Raitaki

• 雷滝
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: The Spring Event - Operation No. 11 is in session!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 05:37:07 AM »
Please add me to the list ; v;
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Totaku

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 05:56:09 AM »
Please add me to the list ; v;

Done! I'm also going to work on my report on the entire event since I completed it. I'm still mystified at to why my streams are not saving in the proper database on my livestream they show that I have been doing streams and the streams are there, but they're not showing up in the list sadly... when I find the links, I'll probably post them for all your viewing pleasure.

Also as an important notice, the event is scheduled to end at May 18th! So get done with everything you want while you can!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:10:53 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 09:55:24 AM »
70+ attempts at Unryuu so far, no miracle luck here lol but I picked up some cute drop only DDs at least. I did E-6 medium painlessly too. I need them resources for farming which I will probably do constantly for the duration of the event if this kind of rate is prevalent. Compared to grinding for stuff in Monhun this is nothing.

My ship slot limit is to the brink of full now so it makes me wonder... how much money, if any, have others spent on kancolle?

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 10:39:31 AM »
70+ attempts at Unryuu so far, no miracle luck here lol but I picked up some cute drop only DDs at least. I did E-6 medium painlessly too. I need them resources for farming which I will probably do constantly for the duration of the event if this kind of rate is prevalent. Compared to grinding for stuff in Monhun this is nothing.

My ship slot limit is to the brink of full now so it makes me wonder... how much money, if any, have others spent on kancolle?

Just 3 ship slot expansions.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 01:54:54 PM »

Over 80 Canadian dollars probably.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 01:58:12 PM »
still rebuilding a bit before I head straight into E-6. From what I saw it won't be as bad as E-5, hopefully.

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 05:10:41 PM »
[attach=1]

I killed the E4 boss and error catted a second later.  ヽ( ⊙___ゝ⊙ )ノ Gotta do that all over again.

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Totaku

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 05:14:19 PM »

Let's see for me, I spend about $20 every time, usually buying wedding rings, a base expansion and fruniture fairy. Exception of the first two times where I bought repair expansions.

Thus my port currently holds 200 kanmusu..

I can assume easily that I spent at least $200+ on the game in over the course of a year and a half thus far.

Anyways let's try to cover my story of the event or at least some of it:

E-2 Curry Operation Beat down!

When I took my attempt to play through E-2 on the first night, I just tried using a surface assault fleet. As mentioned it took me up north which as I quickly learned would be a longer route. It's manageable but not preffered for fast killing.

In fact Ooyodo's briefing prior to starting the map notifies that the route you take depends on the type of combine fleet you use! So since a surface Assault Squadron took me through a 3 battles mostly with painful fight, I wanted to see what I would fight on the carrier task force set up.

So I used most of my standard carriers (Kaga, Akagi, and Souryuu) along with Kongou, and Haruna and a heavy cruiser for the first team and a batch of moderately trained DDs (mainly the Shiratsuyu sisters + Hamakaze, Urakaze, and Makugumo + Yura or Ooyodo.)

Turned out this was the smarter path to take. You only had to go through 2 enemy battles before the boss node. Which lead to easier victories and the boss fleet mainly consisted of an Armored Carrier Hime along with her moderately tough mooks. At this point she was an extreme pushover.

The final fight however would prove to be more tougher as she would now have a Wo-kai in her team. But thanks to resource conservation, killing the Wo-kai was as simple as snapping a twig thus leaving the boss vulnerable.

Thus resulting in the kill.

The prizes for all the effort?

1 Type 91 AA Director, A WG42, a Comet 601st Air Division, and finally the main prize for beating E-2...

Unryuu-Class Aircraft Carrier Katsuragi

The last of the Unryuu Sisters is here and like the rest of her carrier sisters, Katsuragi is pretty low maintenance. Her combat capabilities are only slightly above that as a CVL upon upgrade but like the rest of her sisters she has a low resource cost making her good to use if you're aiming to conserve resources.

Also she can be trained to level 50 and with the assistance of a blue print, she can be upgraded! She'll actually come with a rare series of planes that are part of the 601st air division which are notably VERY STRONG thus it's worth training her at the very least to obtain those planes.

Also with Katsuragi in the picture, the entire crew of standard Carriers from Japan is now complete!

Also as an extra tip: There's a rare chance you can find Unryuu at Node J of E-2 if you want to get her too!

E-3 The Begal Bay Transport destruction mission

This would be the first of a series of mission that would involve Fleet locking as part of it's gimmick for the event. During this part of the operation you'll be assigning 3 fleets to take on various operations that'll take place almost at the same time. The first mission involves eliminating the transport line along the bay area.

For this operation, according to Ooyodo, it's preffered to use Cruisers and fast battleships along and making sure they are your reserve team. As there will be more fleet locking down the road!

So for this operation I went in light.... very light....

I used Furutaka, Mogami, Zuihou, Yura, and some of my reserve Shiratsuyu girls (Shiratsuyu, Murasame and Harusame.) for htis operation.

The first node is very straight forward as it has you fighting simple easy fleets, course it may take you up the north route where you end up fighting subs instead! Once you complete that route, if you're on the south route, you'll get to choose a path to go either East or North....

DO NOT CHOOSE THE EAST ROUTE!!! As that route is full of Rus that'll downright murder you! You're better going north where you'll end up fighting a Light Cruiser demon or Torpedo cruiser team. That fleet is much easier to survive. compared to the rest of it.

After that comes a transport node where you fight between 3-4 trasnports! This is actually a good place to grind for your weeklies! and get them out of the way as you'll complete them rather quickly.

The boss node itself has you fighting  against a gold transport along with some Tsu-class, a Ta-class, and some DDs.

With a strong enough fleet, the battle is straightforward. I probably choose a fleet that was too light as I has more trouble than I really should have as it left me in a bit of a struggle. But on most occasions I remained victorious.

On the final kill they toss in 1 more tsu-class in place of the spare transport.

Which isn't that much different. The end result basiclly ends up with the transport down and E-3 down!

The prizes for the effort?

The OTO 152mm Triple Extended Machine Gun, the Pugliese-Type Underwater Bulkhead, a Ryuusei 601st air division unit, 4 Screw Yous, and a medal!

The OTO 152mm and the Pugliese Type Bulkhead are both very good pieces of equipment to own as they has some pretty strong benifits.

The OTO is strong and very accurate while the bulkhead protects you with a tiny sacrifice in evasion. These are both pieces of equipment that was used by Italian ships which we'll get to later....

E-4 Ri Lanka Island Assult!

This was a straightforward mission. you're launching a Carrier Force team to to attack the seaport off of Ri-Lanka in order to capture it temporary.

For this operation the Carrier force combined fleet is a must!

Basiclly this fight is.... very straight froward.

The first fleet consisted of Akagi, Souryuu, Shoukaku, and Junyou along with Kongou and Haruna.The Second fleet had Ooyodo, Ayanami, Fubuki, Yuudachi, Ashigara and Nachi in the team.

Kongou, Haruna, Nachi and Ashigara were armed with Type 3 Ammo and Yuudachi and Ayanami had WG42.

The rest were geared for normal combat. The fights here are very straight forward so getting send back is very unlikely... then you'll face off against the boss at the shore of Ri-Lanka.

The Seaport Water Demon

This freakish mutant of an abyssal is armed to the teeth with planes. And will be a threat if you don't have counter measures at the ready!

The Carrier fleet has two reppus each in thier equipment (on the highest slot) and Fubuki was there to perform an AA cut in when necessary. Everyone else was there to do damage and eliminate the threats and because the Seaport Water Demon is an installation, Type-3 Shells and WG42s are her weakness.

In all seriousness though... she was very weak... to the point I tore through her flawless each fight against her... Thus is was a landslide victory... even on the final kill.

Yes it was a 7 out of 7 fights... So really she felt like she posed no threat what so ever.

For the prize for winning this battle I earned the following:

A 381mm / 50 Caliber Triple Gun Mount Kai, a 90 mm Single High Angle Gun, 6 Screw Yous, a medal and....

The Italian Littorio-Class Battleship, Littorio Italia

The first of the Italian Battleship girls has made thier appearance in the game! Littorio Italia or simply known as Littorio is a surpirsingly strong member of the team and to top it off, she has VERY LONG range by default! Littori is pretty capable in the long term to being on par if not possibly a bit better compared to the Nagato class in terms of her strength and capabilities.

However, good ships like these don't come without thier flaws... The equipment she comes with has some accuracy decrease, but with some proper work you can counter this to an extent. But also because of her amazing capabilities she is also VERY HIGH in maintenance to boot. Her resupplying and repair cost are actually slightly higher than that of Nagato and Mutsu making her expensive to keep up. Littorio is still better off in costs compared to the Yamato class, but it's still important to keep an eye on your resources when tending to this battleship non the less...

Littorio can also be upgraded at level 35.... with the price of a blueprint.... and she then become.. Italia (the second half of the ship's name.) with now better equipment and more firepower to boot!

Also I scored this cutie on one of my runs on E-4!

Yuugumo-Class Destroyer Takanami

Takanami is like most other Yuugumo DDs. Pretty simple and straightforward... there's nothing much different about her if you obtained someone like Makigumo or the like early on....However the equipment you earn when you train her makes her worth the time... If trained up to level 30, you'llr earn a few surface and air radars and also a skilled lookout!

Takanami is a random drop that can be found in E-3 and E-4. Most notably in the transport node and Boss node of E-3 and the Boss node of E-4. So if you want her, try those areas, those are where she's most commonly reported to drop.

On an extra note:

The 90mm High Angle Gun functions like a HA gun + AA director combo! So you can use this to help assist in performing AA cutin!

I'll cover the second half of my tale later on but this should do for now...

Also....

[attach=1]

I killed the E4 boss and error catted a second later.  ヽ( ⊙___ゝ⊙ )ノ Gotta do that all over again.

Double check before hand, you may have still earned your rewards. Check for Littorio before deciding if you have to do that map again.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:29:48 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

RuneDevros

• Lost Sky Project
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 05:25:35 PM »
No Littorio and level still shows as not being cleared yet.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM »
Alright, after some double time expeditions, my fuel stocks have recovered somewhat. People recommend a surface task force for E-6, but I've known from experience how well that goes for my resources, so....gonna spend all my bauxite on a carrier task force first. With all those minibosses everywhere, I think I'm gonna actually take the time to sparkle both fleets this time...Stay strong, my buckets and resources o7 (and also iku, tanking 1-1 for the greater good o7)

Also darn Katsuragi's lines are hella long :V

Does docking remove some fatigue or something? I've noticed several times that my subs often lose the orange sad face after docking, even if it's instant.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

Totaku

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 05:57:07 PM »
Does docking remove some fatigue or something? I've noticed several times that my subs often lose the orange sad face after docking, even if it's instant.

The answer to that is a simple yes, taking ships to repair can remove the fatigue once the timer is done. So taking ships in with very low repair time (like subs) can usually mean they'll recover from fatigue FASTER than it takes for fatigue to recover in and of itself!

It should reset it to it's default area. This also applies to bucketing as well since both of those can remove fatigue instantly.
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 06:12:59 PM »
Yesterday I got Kongou Kai Ni while  doing 3-2A grind to take a break from the event and plus I needed to recover my resources:

Presenting the "British born Japanese" and first battle ship Kai Ni of the Tea house fleet Kongou!

Also have a bonus from E-3 easy run for transport kills: Yes the boss of E-3 has a night battle cut-in if that's what you wanna ask.

My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 08:36:36 PM »
Oookay, E-6 boss is stupidly tanky, even on Easy. Before I commit, does anyone know if she has any weaknesses, like how land bases are weak to sanshiki?

RuneDevros

• Lost Sky Project
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 08:54:59 PM »
E4 final run, take 2.

[attach=2]

Yamashiro and Nagato doing some major damage on it during the day battle plus sanshikis on Kirishima and Kongou made this boss easy.

[attach=3]

This time I didn't get error catted out of the match.

[attach=1]

Drop was Mogami. I've gotten 3 Mogamis from this map alone.

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 09:23:27 PM »
Oookay, E-6 boss is stupidly tanky, even on Easy. Before I commit, does anyone know if she has any weaknesses, like how land bases are weak to sanshiki?
She's weak to dying, kappa. She doesn't really have any weaknesses from equipment. Adding AP shells to your BBs can help chip away her health in daytime. Your best bet is a fully modernized Kai Ni CLT or two nuking her in night battle. To put it into context, Kitakami one shot BB Hime in E-6's I night battle node from full health for me one time, and that was a DA, not even a cut in attack. I have no idea about the current state of your kanmusus though.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 09:38:10 PM »
Geh, Kitakami's 5 levels away still (which is still amazing, considering she remodeled the first time right before the beginning of the event), but I can't really spare the resources to level her up right now, so I'd have to either make do without or wait for her to hit 50 just from participating. I think my best bet for now is to try to whittle her down in day battle, considering none of my ships managed to cut-in on her during night battle (not sure if my amazingly bad luck again, or her own luck/equips), and the non-cut in hits were all below 10% her hp.

Middle route seems to be fairly easy. The main threat (not counting node M which you'd have to deal with regardless) is Anchorage Water Oni; no pesky night battles, bunch of useless fleet slots occupied by DDs and transports, and AWO stops attacking if you bring her to orange. Didn't even take any damage until node M. I guess the main setback in this route is that AWO would shoot down some of your planes and make it harder to get AS in the later nodes, but for a carrier task force that's still better than having to deal with night battle imo.

Also, for some reason I put my best guns on Haruna and put her on escort fleet (anticipating night battle), but then during day battle she'd often do 3-dmg shots against cruisers among other things, even during DA proc. ??? She even critted a regular I-class for just 55 once while on green health, what the heck?

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 10:01:36 PM »
What setups are you using on the escort fleet? Aside from Yukikaze/Shigure Kai Ni and similar high luck ships you're better off going for a DA which still does plenty of damage. Ships with low luck have too low of a chance to reliably proc a cut in. Luck should be around the 40-50 range for a cut in setup. The super low scratch damage on weak enemies is just part of combined fleet mechanics I think, it just happens. I'm not sure entirely but I think it has to do with accuracy. It happened all the time for me too with my BBs.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 10:19:21 PM »
It's basically the "highest levels I can manage" set up ; v; I'm doing Isuzu, Verniy, Haruna, Inazuma, Mogami, Kitakami (all at least Kai). Everyone else who fits the escort fleet requirements are below lv40, so I put Haruna in the last slot for the extra day battle damage. And...my god, everyone has 20 luck or less. I never noticed. Maybe that's why ; v; No searchlight, so I guess I have to bite the bullet and rely on the main fleet and heavy RNG.

Edit: Multitasking without making a dozen mistakes is hard.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:26:01 PM by Raitaki »

Shadow

• Forever waiting for tomorrow
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 12:04:03 AM »
After sixteen rather painful sorties and another several dozen points of SAN damage, I broke through E-5.

E-5 presented what I believe is my first true roadblock. Only having a single Type 3 Shell in stock at the beginning, managing to damage the Anchorage Water Demon past half of her health was a feat in and of itself. I had to practically scramble for equipment for the last dance, which luckily yielded me 3 AP Shells and another Type 3 Shell, but it wasn't until the sixth attempt for the final kill that everything proceeded like clockwork. The Support Expedition I sent proved to be a godsend--the Elite Ru-Class sank on the spot (perhaps due to Kirishima's AP Shell?), allowing Nagato to secure the kill during Night Battle:

I think I'm going to allow myself a little breathing room before proceeding to E-6. My Fuel and Steel have taken noticeable dents due repeated repairs, and at least 40 Instant Repairs were used throughout these sorties, too...

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 01:16:04 AM »
Boss 60% dead, with 2 kills...Yeah, it's starting to become doable. The main challenge is keeping my key ships healthy long enough to first kill the rest of the boss fleet during day battle, then to gang up on her during night battle. It seems it takes 2-4 cut-ins to demolish the boss, depending on how much health she starts out with and whether the cut-ins are from my DDs. It really comes down to a lot of accuracy rolls and cut-in procs, and my fleet's been doing pretty well with the former.

Now both fuel and bauxite are approaching oblivion...Soryuu just dropped so the composition quest involving Akagi/Kaga/Hiryuu/Soryuu gave a much needed 500 in all resources...That only really lasts one extra sortie assuming I hit boss node, but nice nonetheless. Aside from Mutsu, Soryuu, Kaga and the Kongou-class drops (no Kongou herself ;_; ) the map drops so far have been pretty mediocre, though. If not for rare drops like Roma and good exp I'd rather farm 2-2, honestly.

How is everyone's progress with the event so far? It'd be kinda weird if I end up clearing E-6 first :V

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 01:19:16 AM »
Boss 60% dead, with 2 kills...Yeah, it's starting to become doable. The main challenge is keeping my key ships healthy long enough to first kill the rest of the boss fleet during day battle, then to gang up on her during night battle. It seems it takes 2-4 cut-ins to demolish the boss, depending on how much health she starts out with and whether the cut-ins are from my DDs. It really comes down to a lot of accuracy rolls and cut-in procs, and my fleet's been doing pretty well with the former.

Now both fuel and bauxite are approaching oblivion...Soryuu just dropped so the composition quest involving Akagi/Kaga/Hiryuu/Soryuu gave a much needed 500 in all resources...That only really lasts one extra sortie assuming I hit boss node, but nice nonetheless. Aside from Mutsu, Soryuu, Kaga and the Kongou-class drops (no Kongou herself ;_; ) the map drops so far have been pretty mediocre, though. If not for rare drops like Roma and good exp I'd rather farm 2-2, honestly.

How is everyone's progress with the event so far? It'd be kinda weird if I end up clearing E-6 first :V
I'm almost ready to do my E-5 easy livestream, BUT I need to train Kumano first and plus I've decided to do Boss Support for E-5 easy for some small insurance.

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 01:50:32 AM »
I did E-6 medium painlessly too.
:derp: :derp: :derp:
I didn't watch their streams but I believe Totaku and HighZealot cleared em on hard modo also. Might as well post event resource damage.

starting the event

and after clearing and "some" farming

110+ Node J runs
+1 cloud boobies

and I still need to burn the rest of my resources for Roma  :colonveeplusalpha:

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 02:01:13 AM »
I'm waiting until Friday at the very least to take on E-6 mainly to build my fuel back up a bit. My job is the main reason why I haven't been able to do much though.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 02:08:44 AM »
I didn't watch their streams but I believe Totaku and HighZealot cleared em on hard modo also. Might as well post event resource damage.

Haven't completed E-6 yet but I am doing it on hard. Was planning to continuing streaming E-6 today but I didn't manage my time well today so I'll try to continue and finish E-6 tomorrow night instead of tonight.

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 02:59:46 AM »
I beat E-4 last week, but haven't touched the event maps in the last 5 days because I've been training Chokai from Level 10 to Level 65. This has let my resources recover a little (see pre-event numbers), although most of the admirals here have overtaken me in terms of progress.

I've been saving my two highest-level battleships and two highest-level carriers for E-5.

Now I hope I am ready to take it on (on Normal mode).

Edit: My first run of E-5 Normal went about as well as I could have hoped. I-58 drew and survived the dangerous night battle attacks, Zuikaku obtained air superiority, Ryujo and Chokai ensured an easy path, and Hiei and Kongo bombarded the hell out of the Anchorage Water Demon with their Type 3 Shells. The boss support expedition took out one of the enemy carriers. In the end, I had I-58 with medium damage, Zuikaku and Kongo with light damage, and none of my other ships took any damage. It was an easy S victory. I don't know how much of it was luck, but I do think I am ready for this.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:45:12 AM by Sixten »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 04:08:47 AM »
E-6 Hard, working on final kill. For some reason I'm having very poor luck with the CV hime. On my last run, she targeted 3 battleships, all 3 went chuuha.

Previous fleet:
Jun'you K2, Nagato, Yamato, Kongo, Haruna, Chiyoda K2 - Sendai K2, Haguro K2, Shigure K2, Yukikaze, Ooi K2 and KTKM K2.

Currently trying:
Tone K2, Nagato, Fuso K2, Kongo, Haruna, Kaga - Sendai K2, Bismarck Drei, Shigure K2, Yukikaze, Ooi K2 and KTKM K2.

Down to 47 buckets and about 10K resources. Hopefully I can get the final kill.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 01:20:22 PM »
E-6 Hard, working on final kill. For some reason I'm having very poor luck with the CV hime. On my last run, she targeted 3 battleships, all 3 went chuuha.

Previous fleet:
Jun'you K2, Nagato, Yamato, Kongo, Haruna, Chiyoda K2 - Sendai K2, Haguro K2, Shigure K2, Yukikaze, Ooi K2 and KTKM K2.

Currently trying:
Tone K2, Nagato, Fuso K2, Kongo, Haruna, Kaga - Sendai K2, Bismarck Drei, Shigure K2, Yukikaze, Ooi K2 and KTKM K2.

Down to 47 buckets and about 10K resources. Hopefully I can get the final kill.

Same situation with final kill except I have 85 buckets but 5k fuel and 12k steel atm, so I'm currently rebuilding before I head back in. I just got myself a second AP shell so hopefully it'll make a big difference later.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »

Man don't you just love it when you get T-crossed at boss node
There goes more than half my remaining buckets
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 04:20:28 PM by Raitaki »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 04:20:22 PM »

Man don't you just love it when you get T-cutted at boss node
There goes more than half my remaining buckets
Ouch.... that damage.