Author Topic: Touhou Remix Music - General discussion and favorite arranges thread  (Read 102496 times)

Re: Touhou Remix Music - General Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 11:11:53 PM »
Are you referring to ToonLink's signature, with the 47 minute file of epic orchestral Touhou music strung together back to back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BAvLYgq5m0

This one? It's fantastic.  :D

On topic, I'm a big fan of Nazz-can/Neutral. Brightness and Darkness are two of my favourite albums. That said, I'm still looking for someone that can remix Border of Life 2 to make as epoch-making as in-game.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 11:17:49 PM »
Are you referring to ToonLink's signature, with the 47 minute file of epic orchestral Touhou music strung together back to back?

nah, It was a post in some random thread that had the epic one I mentioned in. However, good mention there anyway as now its been posted I've stuck it in my faves so I dont lose it again. Thats an awesome mix to do work to (since it never runs out lol)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 01:30:10 AM »
That's one of the few videos I went through the effort of finding a good way to rip a file out of YouTube, and I put it straight onto my mp3 player and burnt a CD with it on it. It's also on my cell phone, too.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 02:05:14 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BAvLYgq5m0

This one? It's fantastic.  :D

It has Yamame's theme, but not O-Life's A Flower Studded Sake Dish on Mt. Ooe mix that was on the same CD? Criminal. That song makes me wish I was still in band. ;_;
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 02:19:54 AM »
Hey, look, we're starting to creep towards classical and orchestral arranges now.

HIJACK

Neutral's Heartfelt Fancy has gotten my brother addicted to Touhou music, because it's so calming and jazzy.

Their cover of Green-Eyed Jealousy sounds like the background music to Tristram in Diablo 1. Also, when I played it at work, my assistant manager said this song would make good 'fucking-music'. At that very moment, in my mind's eye, his head exploded.

South of Heaven has a decent rock cover ofPhantom Ensemble - unfortunately, I'm looking for something more like...

Unknown Little Scarlet by Diverse System. We've all heard a bajillion remixes, arranges, and live versions of U.N.Owen Was Her, but there are two or three simply epic arranges done up in a wonderful little classical package. This is one of them.

Dear Eastern Blood by Scarlatto di Levante is another good example of epic classical arranges - and now that I go through all my favorites on YouTube and look, if I find out that Scarlatto di Levante or Diverse System has done Phantom Ensemble, I'm gonna cry.

This Phantom Ensemble is very near to what I'm looking for - it has the trumpets and the strings, but is severely lacking in the piano. Is it truly so hard to find an arrange of Phantom Ensemble that features all three primary Prismriver instruments?!

TAMusic comes pretty close, but, this is lacking the energy that I'm after - and trumpets. Definitely a keeper come Christmas time, though; and yes I stole that idea from the description of the clip.

Will my quest for Phantom Ensemble never bear fruit?! Am I doomed to wander aimlessly eternally across YouTube, unable to prowl Niconico because of my glaring inability to read Japanese? Woe is my plight to have catchy ghosty orchestry musicy!

And now I activate my trap card, 'Kill Thread Dead'! ;~;
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 03:06:03 AM by Esifex »

Flandrenonymous

• Onee~, what's an Extra Boss?
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2010, 01:12:22 PM »
Butaotome has quickly become one of my favorite remix groups just from their first album.  Machi-Bito wa Kitazu is just stellar for a remix of a song that I wasn't really fond of in Beware the Umbrella.  Not to mention the lyrics make me even more sympathetic to poor Kogasa.

Aside from them, though, I have to mention Yellow Zebra since no one else has (Yes the same Yellow Zebra of Touhou M-1 fame).  Their remixes of U.N. Owen Was Her, Wind God Girl, and Love-Colored Master Spark, amongst others, solidified them in my book.

Also, while I only have seriously listened to Sacred Factor, their latest, EastNewSound deserves mention, even if only for Lucid Dream.  And on an only slightly tangental note...Chata is so much love.   :*

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »
Sacred factor is awesome, For that song and for fractal cage and the 1st anniversary mix of un owen.
Also lucent wish for proof of river and the 3rd eye mix. Both awesome albums, have them on my mp3.

Formless God

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 01:28:10 PM »

Flandrenonymous

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2010, 03:23:21 PM »
Oh God yes.

Seconded.  Adauchisan's annotes on that add so much too.   :V

Formless God

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 04:28:28 PM »
Forgive me for throwing this everywhere but this vocal is just so fucking awesome ;_;

Hartmann's Youkai Girl

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2010, 05:59:24 PM »

Artist: Neko & 雅
Albums: 夢幻軌道
Samples: Tabula rasa ~空白少女

Holy shit. This reminded me of why I fell in love with cytokine PM +/- I am liking this.

OH GOD COSMIC MIND  :* :* :*

This is brilliant.

Has ANYONE uploaded anything from Cytokine - The Tower yet? I heard a sample with short cuts from all the songs on it on a website somewhere, It sounds great. Isn't uploaded anywhere, and seems to be sold out to my absolute lack of suprise.

Formless God

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2010, 06:06:25 PM »
Yes :V

I'm surprised to see the other uploaders passing on this one ._.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2010, 06:47:31 PM »
Now that I've watched that I had a look and a few are on youtube now from that album. The Bad apple mix and Suwako's theme one are good. I haven't actually heard suwako's before If im honest, So I dont have much to go as far as comparing goes on but it does sound good to me. (and I hadn't played any PC98 when I got my mitts on +/-, that didn't stop me enjoying it - just respect what theyve done with it more now lol)

God I love cytokines style. I wish it played in clubs  :V

Spoiler:
Must become pals with a DJ somewhere and touhou hijack an event. Also I'm taking Aki home~

Flandrenonymous

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2010, 06:52:36 PM »
Far as Cosmic Mind remixes go, Emotional Rule and White Lotus are still probably my faves.

Formless God

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 06:57:19 PM »

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2010, 07:57:51 PM »
My favorite group currently has to be WAVE.  They're the ones to go to for classical arrangements.  Both of mt favorite arrangements are off their ARCHIV-EAST album; This arrangement of Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of Sumizome, and this arrangement of Judgment in the Sixtieth Year ~ Fate of Sixty Years.

I'd heard and loved the cherry blossoms one but jesus
Spoiler:
Hijiri
christ the fate of sixty years arrange is crushing lol. Only way I can describe it.

Sorry all my posts are a bit slow but I cant view these threads at home, And I've got an oppurtunity now so I'm going through this thread. Still lots to listen to~

Flandrenonymous

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2010, 07:52:15 PM »
Jumping off my earlier post about Butaotome, I finally pinpointed what I love about their vocalist: the way she sings, it's...imperfect, but in a way that makes it feel genuine and emotional.  Case in point, the other song that they did that makes me appreciate a theme that I really didn't like the original of: 春になれば彼女は (Nico link, fair warning).

Favorite Touhou Arrange. No Compromises.
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2010, 08:08:11 PM »
I'm just a bit curious. What single Touhou remix stands out most to you?
Let me back into CPMC :|

Kinzo the Astro Curious

Re: Favorite Touhou Arrange. No Compromises.
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2010, 08:21:46 PM »
Torpedo OS 0.22.1

T:>pickfave /touhou /r

Attempting to pick fave touhou remix. . . . /

Fave cannot be found
Retry Abort Fail
>A

T:>pickfave /?

Problem is that I Just keep finding new ones at too higher rate to actually have an absolute favourite. Its just not possible. What was my fave two weeks ago will still rank highly but get superceeded by a track I'll find this week.

So far this ranks pretty highly with me at the moment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T49yFFc_i4c And pretty much anything else from The Tower.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2010, 09:16:06 PM »
Currently Floating Darkness, arrange by Tatsh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22V6wXNCQWw

Not by a large margin tough, I just like to listen to it the most.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2010, 09:58:02 PM »

Flandrenonymous

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2010, 10:24:46 PM »
Yeah, the problem with this question is that it's always kind of shifting, at the rate Touhou remixes keep coming.  But if I had to make the decision right this second...

Butaotome's Machi-bito wa Kitazu (remix of Beware the Umbrella).

jigglyppuff8

• Speed Anime Trance 8
  • Alco Dolce
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2010, 10:31:51 PM »
ARM - Foughten Field

This is a really mean question. :<

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »
[東方] Touhou Perfect Blossom would rank highest for me ATM. Just so aweesssoommmeee.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2010, 10:42:55 PM »
This particular arrangement of Gensokyo Millennium ~ History of the Moon. It's a great song with great build-ups, flourishes, and classical musical instruments have always been a personal favorite of mine.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2010, 10:50:17 PM »
This Innocent Treasures remix. Calling it epic is an understatement. I can totally imagine an action packed, high speed duel between several Touhous with this. Or of all the girls facing one powerful enemy using team work to their advantage.

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2010, 11:02:53 PM »
This Innocent Treasures remix. Calling it epic is an understatement.
I agree, Its part of my trio of favourite Touhou arranges, along with this and this

And yeah, like someone else has said, this is a mean question  :(

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2010, 11:09:59 PM »
Every arrange by either Ezel-Ash, or K-waves.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2010, 11:17:17 PM »
For my favourite Touhou arrange to be my favorite, it has to be an arrange of the best Touhou song ever-- and that's Eternal Steam Engine. So this is the best arrange of the best song. K-waves Lab yes <3

Honorable mentions go to WAVE's A,1948.12 Yama of Xanadu and Border of Life. Both are incredibly awesome. Especially the former. YAMA! \o\

Cut by Solais: Whoa, you actually beat me to it! :o

Toasty

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2010, 11:22:54 PM »
I have no doubts. This is my favorite.

Because I like organs, and fugues. It has nothing to do with Satori.