Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran  (Read 150762 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2010, 01:16:42 AM »
Whoops, worded that wrong.

We do have people that don't play for score. That better?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2010, 02:34:56 AM »
Quote from: An inferior
Grazing? Are you mad? I don't play for score, I play for survival! *bombs Cold Sign Lingering Cold

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2010, 04:37:14 AM »
YEAHHH BITCH

Alright. Good going.

Hmm.
Stage 1. No Bombs no death. Good stuff.
Stage 2. One bomb because of a silly stage mistake. Good Chen performance, but you're not focusing. Which is distracting me. Especially since at the distance you tend to stay at, focusing would be more effective.
Stage 3. Good stuff. Though your tendency to stay unfocused starts to show more drawbacks. Alice's last noncard shouldn't have taken more than two whole loops, but I like listening to that song so I didn't really care.
At this point I was wondering why it took you so many tries to 1cc this.
Stage 4. A few silly mistakes, probably because you don't have it memorized from playing it eleventy bajillion times. Except that I cried a little seeing that first death in the stage.
HOWEVER. Lunasa's spellcard tends to be much easier to read than Lyrica's card. Though Lunasa's noncard is a bit harder than Lyrica's. You bombed against Lyrica's noncard anyways, so it might have been better to go after Lunasa during that first card.
Stage 5. Good stuff up until Midboss Youmu. If you're going to redirect it, you might as well direct it upwards.
Moreover, focusing is very good for cards like 200 Yojana.
And seeing those three deaths to Delusion of Enlightenment made me cringe. It's just streaming...
Stage 6. It might be better to bomb a  little earlier during the stage to get as many point items as possible, but you might have just done it to survive. I'm used to the former, so, whatever.
Midboss Youmu was fine. I guess.
During Yuyuko's second noncard, it might be better to stream it from the side slowly so you don't have to turn around every two seconds.
In Deadly Dance, though, I think I'll have to show a replay of a tactic I use to wear down the spellcard armor a bit. I can't describe it very well.
Yuyuko's third card... It's probably best to make as little horizontal movement as possible.
You made some pretty impressive slips in the fourth card, but then you failed it. Nothing to do about it though but figure out where the open spaces will be between the streaming.
Resurrection Butterfly... Alright. You're panicked, it's the final card. Yeah. The dying and bombing is justified, but you should probably figure out how to slip through them up higher.

ebarrett

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2010, 04:44:04 AM »
I see shitting on people's accomplishments is becoming a bit of a fad

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2010, 05:15:50 AM »

Oh dear.

Not that I ever meant to shit on the high point of anyone's Touhou career, 1ccing freaking PCB Normal! Don't you remember how ecstatic you were when you first 1cc'd a Normal mode, unless you're one of those strange STG prodigies?

Dammit, I thought it was a good thing when I decided I was actually gonna watch the replays of people making these normal mode and extra clears for the first time.

ebarrett

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2010, 05:19:34 AM »
Then don't say that you "cringed" and that you "cried" and that it's "distracting you" and all the lecturing and the tone you used throughout.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2010, 05:44:16 AM »
Hello!

Constructive criticism is generally always welcome when replays are posted, and we are grateful for any efforts that get put forth. With this in mind, we advise one choose their words with a bit of care while providing help, lest the intentions behind one's help be misconstrued. There was a non-trivial length of time when people in this forum would shit on the accomplishments of others, and though we believe that era is mostly over, we are still a bit cautious when it comes to monitoring advice.

Fast Fanatic, I believe your intentions were not malicious, and that you instead merely chose a couple of less-than-optimal words, so everyone may consider this no more than a friendly reminder.

Thanks!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2010, 06:50:25 AM »
mang we have a whole board dedicated to it, what do you want  :ohdear:

Now, how many people actually go to that board hmm? Imma go have a look-see.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2010, 06:51:01 AM »
Alright. Good going.

Hmm.
Stage 1. No Bombs no death. Good stuff.
Stage 2. One bomb because of a silly stage mistake. Good Chen performance, but you're not focusing. Which is distracting me. Especially since at the distance you tend to stay at, focusing would be more effective.
Stage 3. Good stuff. Though your tendency to stay unfocused starts to show more drawbacks. Alice's last noncard shouldn't have taken more than two whole loops, but I like listening to that song so I didn't really care.
At this point I was wondering why it took you so many tries to 1cc this.
Stage 4. A few silly mistakes, probably because you don't have it memorized from playing it eleventy bajillion times. Except that I cried a little seeing that first death in the stage.
HOWEVER. Lunasa's spellcard tends to be much easier to read than Lyrica's card. Though Lunasa's noncard is a bit harder than Lyrica's. You bombed against Lyrica's noncard anyways, so it might have been better to go after Lunasa during that first card.
Stage 5. Good stuff up until Midboss Youmu. If you're going to redirect it, you might as well direct it upwards.
Moreover, focusing is very good for cards like 200 Yojana.
And seeing those three deaths to Delusion of Enlightenment made me cringe. It's just streaming...
Stage 6. It might be better to bomb a  little earlier during the stage to get as many point items as possible, but you might have just done it to survive. I'm used to the former, so, whatever.
Midboss Youmu was fine. I guess.
During Yuyuko's second noncard, it might be better to stream it from the side slowly so you don't have to turn around every two seconds.
In Deadly Dance, though, I think I'll have to show a replay of a tactic I use to wear down the spellcard armor a bit. I can't describe it very well.
Yuyuko's third card... It's probably best to make as little horizontal movement as possible.
You made some pretty impressive slips in the fourth card, but then you failed it. Nothing to do about it though but figure out where the open spaces will be between the streaming.
Resurrection Butterfly... Alright. You're panicked, it's the final card. Yeah. The dying and bombing is justified, but you should probably figure out how to slip through them up higher.

I don't care
I don't fucking care
I won
And that's totally good enough for me
:toot:

I started getting agitated to Delusion btw
Dying once was enough to unhinge me
And that always happens
So now you know
If I die at all post Stage 4 then the rest of my lives are quick to follow
Prismrivers suck
I've capped Lunasa's card, I've capped Merlin's card, but Lyrica's is freaking impossible
200 Yojana is a hit-or-miss; I have a ~30% success rate for it
I hate all of Yuyuko's cards
All of them
And I know I nearly died eleventy bajillion times in Repository of Hirokawa
And please elaborate for me my silly mistakes in stage 4
that don't entail the boss fight

(unfocusing gives me a few more cherry points which is my entire motivation for it)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:58:08 AM by Aquandescence »

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2010, 06:56:24 AM »
Okay. Went for a look. It seems the scoreboard is 50% ghosts and 50% active users. That's looking at Lunatic. Didn't bother with the rest.

I don't care
I don't fucking care
I won
And that's totally good enough for me
:toot:

That's the proper attitude. Who cares if you you died three times to something that usually is easy. That's happened on a lot of my initial 1cc's.

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2010, 07:28:43 AM »
I've capped Lunasa's card, I've capped Merlin's card, but Lyrica's is freaking impossible

Hilariously, Lyrica's card is way easier on Hard and Lunatic than it is on Normal.  She's basically a breather in between the tough opening and ending parts of the fight, which rules.

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2010, 12:12:08 PM »
Okay. Went for a look. It seems the scoreboard is 50% ghosts and 50% active users. That's looking at Lunatic. Didn't bother with the rest.

So, what are you waiting for? SUBMIT.

Be scoran like a moran.

Not necessarily on UFO. :V

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2010, 09:50:14 PM »
And please elaborate for me my silly mistakes in stage 4
that don't entail the boss fight
Getting walled post-Lily, requiring a bomb. Dying about 4/5s of the way through.
And I know I nearly died eleventy bajillion times in Repository of Hirokawa
IIRC, you only died once.
Also, I'm sorry if I came across as an elitist prick. Wasn't there a replay critique thread some time ago, though? I think it'd be better so I don't come across as being criticizing if people just wanna say they 1cc'd UFO Extra or something.

« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2010, 08:50:19 AM »
So, what are you waiting for? SUBMIT.

Be scoran like a moran.

Not necessarily on UFO. :V

Get those saucers outta here.  :V
I've claimed third place on MoF Lunatic. SA could take some improvement though. PCB/IN can go die somewhere as far as scoring is concerned though. Huge pile of memorization garbage that.

MoF's my favorite one because i don't like the idea of suiciding for points.

« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2010, 12:07:45 PM »
I've claimed third place on MoF Lunatic. SA could take some improvement though. PCB/IN can go die somewhere as far as scoring is concerned though. Huge pile of memorization garbage that.

MoF's my favorite one because i don't like the idea of suiciding for points.

If you're going for top score, memorization is just unavoidable. The way I see it, if I play a game enough for fun and do some light scoring, I'll memorize it anyway, so I don't find it a big deal. It is unfortunate that MoF rewards full game memorization very early in it's scoreboards, or I'd probably play it more. SA is quite a bit of fun to score in, and probably has the most room for improvement, as was made evident by PondeSuika beating UKT's WR score of 4.5 billion by a few more million points a few days ago. Based on Ponde's run, Moozooh calculated a theoretical limit of ~4.85 billion points, meaning there is still a lot of room to improve (you can see Moozooh's professional analysis of the situation here, it's quite a fascinating read, if you're interested). UFO best rewards steady improvement with steady gains on score, but some people don't like the game so :(

« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2010, 05:07:43 PM »
That's why i usually instead of going for top score go for a decent score.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2010, 09:58:27 PM »
That's why i usually instead of going for top score go for a decent score.

PCB Easy w/ SakuyA 400' 000' 000
PCB Norm w/ ReimuB 502' 000' 000
PCB Hard w/ ReimuB 210' 000' 000'
PCB Lunatic w/ ReimuA 300' 000' 000

Clearly it is I who is the backwards of ass.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2010, 11:39:03 PM »

Sorry, Love. Remilia made me do it.

So that's Suwako, Mokou, and now Ran. This one actually took me the shortest amount of time from the start of practice to beating the boss. Failures abound again (I bombed like 22 times or something ridiculous, plenty of times more than I needed to), but I managed to do pretty well regardless.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2010, 11:53:03 PM »

Sorry, Love. Remilia made me do it.

So that's Suwako, Mokou, and now Ran. This one actually took me the shortest amount of time from the start of practice to beating the boss. Failures abound again (I bombed like 22 times or something ridiculous, plenty of times more than I needed to), but I managed to do pretty well regardless.

how

Reddyne

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2010, 01:53:15 AM »
how
Huh? I didn't get many spell cards and that's before the little multiplier at the end.

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2010, 02:39:58 AM »
You can get more points than that before you even get into the bossfight if you know what you're doing :>  You should POC more!  At least aim for the 800 point extend if you go back and play it again.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2010, 03:06:19 AM »
Huh? I didn't get many spell cards and that's before the little multiplier at the end.

I suck at Touhou, plainly put.
I got almost exactly as many points as you did at my second game over on Ultimate Buddhist.

Reddyne

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2010, 11:33:20 AM »
You can get more points than that before you even get into the bossfight if you know what you're doing :>  You should POC more!  At least aim for the 800 point extend if you go back and play it again.
There's plenty of POC there in the first place. Diving head first into a wall of 4 faeries and still getting away with all the points I could was a common occurrence.

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2010, 10:19:43 PM »
I see.  You didn't post a replay so I don't know how you handle the stage portion, but by the time you finish the fight you should have 800+ point items if you've grabbed them all.  Somewhere along the way you fumbled about 250 items!  Just something to shoot for if you decide to revisit the stage :>

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2010, 10:31:28 PM »
Best run ever, but that didn't stop me from failing.

Red Oni Blue Oni (05/16)
Soaring Guardian God (04/15)

-------------------------------------------
Wizard Fox Thoughts (02/12)
Banquet of 12 General Gods (01/07)
Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser (02/07)

Charming Siege from All Sides (01/04)

Princess Tenko- Illusion (01/04)

Ultimate Buddhist (00/03)
Unilateral Contract (00/01)
Shikigami- Chen (00/01)
Kokkuri-san's Contract (00/01)

Final score is 202M.
Graze is 2, 600.
Point item is ~560.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2010, 10:36:56 PM »
Admittedly, I've only been able to break 800 on Phantasm. Are we sure there's that amount in Extra?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »
Admittedly, I've only been able to break 800 on Phantasm. Are we sure there's that amount in Extra?

I doubt it. I POC to the point of absurdity and I have a knack for not missing any
idkidc but I can't break 500 before Ran period
I'm doubting she drops enough to remedy that

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2010, 11:40:14 PM »
It's possible.  There are less point items than I remember there being, though.  If you do everything right you'll get the last extend after the survival card.  Still, it's good form to get all the point items you can, especially when there are extra lives to be had.

Saying "at least aim for 800" was silly of me.  That's like saying "at least aim for 4.5 billion in SA," haha.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 11:48:05 PM by VgameT »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2010, 04:44:05 AM »
check this out

Vibri

• but the night is long
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2010, 05:31:41 AM »
Oh man you're making Wizard Fox Thoughts so much harder than it needs to be!  Don't try to cross over, just keep tapping over in the same direction.  Ran will follow you, just like she does in the next spell.  Some of the bursts aren't even aimed at you, they're aimed around you.  You basically just have to go "is the point of this wave going to hit me? If so, tap over, if not, stay still.  "Also, for Ultimate Buddhist, you want to be circling around pretty close to Ran (not so close you touch her obviously) so that the red manji is never close to hitting you.  The red bullets are all aimed directly at you so once you get the timing of the switch down you'll be able to capture it every time.

Overall, though, you handled it well.  Well done on Izuna Gongen especially, that spell is way hard.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:00:41 AM by VgameT »