Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran  (Read 150355 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran
« on: October 19, 2010, 07:18:18 PM »
Time for another one of these. Previous thread.

Keep your accomplishments coming! No matter how big or small, if you feel satisfied with something you pulled off, post it here.

EDIT: Thanks to Matsuri for the title.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 02:00:17 AM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments X
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 09:25:39 PM »
Decided to upload that perfect MS stage 6.

Here it is.

Quote from: Phoenixma on Today at 05:52:14 pm
Outside of that premidboss streaming, which shouldn't be an issue now, the problems mainly are Secretly Inherited Art of Danmaku, Night With Overly Bright Guest Stars, and Moses's Miracle.

First two are memorizers basically. Learn them once, never fail them again. As for Moses's Miracle, I tend to make very large gaps for restreaming in the hope that chances of walling will be less.
Yeah, and I guess that pre-midboss strategy is better.  :V

Quote from: Super Zengeku on Today at 05:54:35 pm
Isn't Royalflare all about score running? Surely there is better points in Freezing cards than Gold Medalling (kinda retarded that).

No bombs => Still normal freezing.
Milking for freeze => Surviving spellcards without bombing.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 10:22:51 PM »
Well, i have always been a total jackass at scoring but in Fairy Wars I have had situations like "fuck can't dodge this - bomb - and then bomb some stage portions and get 600000+ points because bombs also freeze. Also Star Sapphires QED ripoff non-spells are good for that.

So i would guess that bombing would be used for scoring but then again, i know nothing of that sorta stuff. Scoring is related to my greatest shmup nemesis after all. :)

But Jaimers, do you really think that No-bombing GFW will be any hard at all? You don't even get that many bombs in that game compared to normal to begin with and if you are still allowed normal freezing then there should be no problems for one who have gotten himself accustomed to the patterns.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 10:54:01 PM »
1DNB Aya fight in practice. Still derped the stage.

Was considering whether to post it here or in the whining thread due to it being a stupid death on the final nonspell.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 10:56:08 PM »
Finally... I have a nice bad (wtf?) runthrough Imperishable Night on Hard.

EDIT: Oh wait... Fuck, where is the replay?

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 11:08:54 PM »
Someone, hold me, because I think I'm about to fall off my chair in amusement...

I just finished PCB's extra with SakuyaA, first try (Total with all chars = 10 tries).

What's worse? That was the first time I got through Charming Siege From All Sides...

I thought that I was going crazy when I finished Easy with like, 5 lives and 4 bombs left (That, aside from stupid-induced-"Oh I'm gonna win this anyways"- deaths) But, after this...

I'm I really beggining to get better in Touhou...?

EDIT:

LINK: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=10659
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:11:46 PM by Sacchi »

Drake

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 11:12:38 PM »
Awesome. Here's the list of things you need to do now:
-1cc Normal
-Ditch SakuyaA
-Beat Extra again
-Beat Phantasm

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 11:40:17 PM »
Daaaw, don't beat him up so quickly

The lack of POC during the pre-Chen makes me sad, though.

But no deaths up to Ran, cool.
Border breaks at every opportunity is depressing, though.
General Banquet... Justified, I guess.
Fox Tanuki Laser... I never knew you could do that.
Charming Siege... Making one mistake will screw over the rest of the card. Nay for border breaking.
Tenko... Haha, timeout. Then again, you only made it past Charming Siege once, so I'll be easy.
Ultimate Buddhist... Okay, first time. Learning the transitions would help.
Unilateral contact... Staying close to Ran is suicide.
Chen... You got it.
Contract... Memorize it. :V
Izuna-Gongen... Justified.

Drake

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 11:45:56 PM »
Wow Sacchi, you actually have a great playstyle even though you have no idea what you're doing half the time. I'm gonna play Extra just for you, because you can easily improve on that run. Hang on just a bit.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 11:57:29 PM »
Damn, I can't tell whether or not to take that post at face value.

Drake

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 12:08:29 AM »
face value

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 12:13:03 AM »
holy shit charming siege

I need to stop playing Phantasm.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 12:16:11 AM »
Awesome. Here's the list of things you need to do now:
-1cc Normal
-Ditch SakuyaA
-Beat Extra again
-Beat Phantasm

-Working on it  :V
-Why ditch 4 bombs + Spread unfocused shot + Homing Focused shot? It's just... So... Magical  :ohdear:
-Planned on it.
-Gonna take a while, both for the training as well for... Unlocking it, damn me and my memory for always leaving Slow Mode on from the good ol' days  :derp:

Daaaw, don't beat him up so quickly

The lack of POC during the pre-Chen makes me sad, though.

But no deaths up to Ran, cool.
Border breaks at every opportunity is depressing, though.
General Banquet... Justified, I guess.
Fox Tanuki Laser... I never knew you could do that.
Charming Siege... Making one mistake will screw over the rest of the card. Nay for border breaking.
Tenko... Haha, timeout. Then again, you only made it past Charming Siege once, so I'll be easy.
Ultimate Buddhist... Okay, first time. Learning the transitions would help.
Unilateral contact... Staying close to Ran is suicide.
Chen... You got it.
Contract... Memorize it. :V
Izuna-Gongen... Justified.

-How am I supposed to go Up the POC in the middle of such a hell?  :ohdear:
-Thanks  :D
-I cancel borders to get others faster, and to give me breathing space, expected from a newbie I guess...
-Still need to understand how to do that card.
-Seeing that card over and over in a replay really helps after the hundreth time  :V
-NAY BORDER BRAKING? Now I hate that card even more >_>''
-I blame Sakuya's weak attack power.
-Once I realized there where "unused lasers", I figured a transition was gonna come sooner or later, that death was more then unexpected  :V
-That was the first thing I thought of actually. That card actually reminds me of my Cirno card I'm doing in danmakufu, gotta finish that someday  :derp:
-Yay <3
-Memorization is not really my best, don't have the best of memories for such a thing. Though everything can change I guess  ::)
-Honestly? I thought that card was pathetically easy for what I was expecting, the aqua balls got me by surprise, but that was just it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:22:55 AM by Sacchi »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 12:40:56 AM »
Herp da derp. Charming Siege is preventing me from being able to demonstrate this crazy stuff right.

For the sake of POC, SakuyaA might have to drop a bomb before Chen to get the 200 extend before that.

Aside from that in my replay, General Banquet is captured, Tenko was rather close, Ultimate Buddhist was good...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:42:44 AM by Fox Fanatic »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 01:13:15 AM »
Herp da derp. Charming Siege is preventing me from being able to demonstrate this crazy stuff right.

For the sake of POC, SakuyaA might have to drop a bomb before Chen to get the 200 extend before that.

Aside from that in my replay, General Banquet is captured, Tenko was rather close, Ultimate Buddhist was good...

Well, thanks. Had a look at it and I'm pretty amazed.

Gonna edit as soon as I finish my new run.

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »
I think I'm getting consistent at reading Peerless Wind God. I still can't dodge it well though.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 01:34:11 AM »
If you do it correctly, you end up with 216 point items before Chen without bomb.
Oh, and Sakuya A needs to border break because the cherry gain is crap.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 05:51:54 AM »
Quote from: Funen1 from last thread
Nereid and Topos, how are you two coming along with VoWG?
I haven't touched it in over a month. :V

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 06:00:15 AM »
I haven't touched it in over a month. :V
Too busy scorerunning IN I see.   :V

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 06:06:04 AM »
I play for score even if it means thrusting Reimu into danger :3
My friends mock me for it but their scores shrivel at the sight

of three hundred ninety million points

speaking of IN
my highest score

was 1.2 billion

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 07:36:30 AM »
-Why ditch 4 bombs + Spread unfocused shot + Homing Focused shot? It's just... So... Magical  :ohdear:

Because she is horribly mediocre! ReimuB and MarisaA is in any sense of the word superior characters. Better damage output, better speed, better characters (lol). Their limited range is not a problem when you start to remember where the enemies come from.

Really, Sakuya is just a character for those who just want the game over with.

But if you really want to you can stick to Sakuya until you are ready to play as a character  instead of an exploit.
And go for the Phantasm clear ASAP. Two years ago when i made my first clear of it was three days after my first Extra clear. Those levels are very similar to each other and Yukari is easier in a lot of ways compared to Ran.

And i'll just go take a look at your replay.

EDIT: Okay. Now i have seen it and i must say that i'm pretty impressed. You seem to break borders intentionally a lot of the time. That is a very good strategy for survival. I used it for my first PCB Lunatic clear and was able to clear out pretty much all the hard attacks meaning that i could 1cc without ever doing any stage practice of it.

But you want to wait till' the last second before breaking your border. Sometimes i saw you break it while you still had 10000+ left.

I also noticed some instances of decent dodging. Something that i'm not used to seeing from initial clears as they are rarely anything but resource-abusing skill-less people just barely making it through. This run however was in many ways better than my original clear though. You captured Chen's 1st card. That is really nice. It wasn't until much later on i was able to do that. Rans version is much easier.

Nice going anyway. And go 1cc Normal if you haven't done so already.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:58:31 AM by Super Zengeku »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 08:01:25 AM »
For the life of me, I can't think of a name for this one. Any help?

Touhou Accomplishments X: IN SPACE

Also, random MS extra run, I 2DNB'd Alice. Both deaths were at the very end of the attack phases (lasers and final), but since I'm now beyond caring about perfects I'll take it to be a good run since it's been months since I played the stage.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 01:11:40 PM »
Where are all the accomplishment lists :ohdear:

This thread has less than usual opening posts. I am worried.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 01:55:03 PM »
I'd post more but I SUCK

draganuv15

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 02:02:49 PM »
Might as well Contribute,
Wriggle Last Word
Mystia Last Word
Reisen Last Word
Eirin Last Word
Yuyuko Last Word

yays i don't sux  :D

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 02:39:33 PM »
Just a quick question: To unlock Phantasm, does it need to be 100-ish (don't remember the exact number  :ohdear:) different cards, or can I, like capture wizard fox thoughts with every character and that counts as 6 captures?

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 02:50:50 PM »
Just a quick question: To unlock Phantasm, does it need to be 100-ish (don't remember the exact number  :ohdear:) different cards, or can I, like capture wizard fox thoughts with every character and that counts as 6 captures?
No, I think you need to capture 60 distinct cards, but character doesn't matter,
so you can capture card 1 with Marisa, card 2 with Reimu, and that counts as 2,
but capturing the same card with multiple characters only counts as 1.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 03:08:47 PM »

Eeh, sorry. I've been absorbed by Etrian Odyssey 2. I don't like to think of myself as drifting from Touhou, but I did in fact lose the major thing binding me to the series, so it's inevitable. I'm far from "retiring" though, don't worry.

And I'll accomplishment list when I get the time and motivation.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ebarrett

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 03:35:08 PM »
Quote from: the e-peen enlargement clinic leaflet

Sorry, I've run out of easy stuff that everyone else believed to be hard about two threads ago.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 06:27:54 PM »
Forgot about the accomplishment list myself.  :derp: I too have been playing other games recently, though those will surely pass in time.

EoSD: Lunatic 1cc, Extra cleared, Stages 1, 2 Lunatic perfected
PCB: Lunatic 1cc, Extra and Phantasm cleared, Stages 1, 2 Lunatic perfected
IN: Lunatic 1cc, Extra cleared, Stage Lunatic perfected
MoF: Lunatic 1cc, Extra cleared (best is 1DNB), Stages 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 Lunatic perfected, "Virtue of Wind God" Lunatic timed-out NDNB
SA: Lunatic 1cc, Extra cleared (best is 1DNB), Stages 1, 2, 3, 4 (Yukari), 6 Lunatic perfected
UFO: Hard 1cc, Extra cleared (best is 3DNB IIRC), Stages 1, 2 Lunatic perfected
GFW: Lunatic 1cc (Route A-1), Extra cleared
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.