Author Topic: ※ Dnh Q&A/Problem thread II ※ for Danmakufu ph3 .1 preX(ry  (Read 243849 times)

Drake

Re: ※ Dnh Q&A/Problem thread II ※ for Danmakufu ph3 .1 preX(ry
« Reply #480 on: April 03, 2015, 06:27:15 AM »
Some rather silly but significant problems with what I posted before:
- The variables are never set to the proper values for whichever script is meant to call InitSounds(), since the common data won't be set
- In the same way, any scripts that import the sounds before InitSounds() is called won't have their values set, which is often quite a few (e.g. player)

So rather than think of a way to get around that I just redid it using the event-based method in my last post:
https://gist.github.com/drakeirving/64833e1ef543fc713a2b

To start this you'd instead just run StartScript(LoadScript(dir ~ "lib_soundhandler.dnh")) in your base script, and include lib_sounds.dnh where you want sounds. To actually play them, use _PlaySE() instead.

Again, benefits:
  • Don't have multiple copies of the sound in program memory
  • Aren't generating a billion references when playing the sound a lot
  • Aren't generating multiple objects for different scripts
  • Aren't even making a hassle programming to reference the same sound across scripts
  • Have pretty much the bare minimum of processing

Unfortunately, it looks like starting a stage from a package doesn't just wipe the existing object IDs, but also the existing script IDs. If you run this from a package script, you get the benefit of only ever having one script that just handles all the sounds for everything else and never launching anything more than once, but once a stage starts the engine drops the script IDs and so you cannot simply use NotifyEvent() to trigger only the sound handler, which would be ideal. The script doesn't close, so you can still use NotifyEventAll() as I've written, but you no longer have any direct access to the script. That being said, if you don't use a package as the base script (stage, plural, etc), you can just toss around the sound handler's script ID and use NotifyEvent() just fine.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:41:55 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #481 on: April 03, 2015, 10:54:32 AM »
Based on the latest posts I too had suggested for my own game with Drake to summon 1 script which boots with StartScript as soon as my package starts, processes all files then starts listening to the @Event to play the sounds. Drake received my original files and he took a closer look at it all.

function_sound.txt is kicked off in my main package. My main package is handling the texture, commondata and such.
const_sound.txt is a file which contains all the vars as enum/identify (i.e let SHOT = 0;  let KIRA = 1; etc). but also the functions to summon a NotifyEventAll

Inside const_sound.txt Drake wrote function PlaySFX(id) { NotifyEventAll(EV_USER,id); } . The function before was the old regular let obj = sound(ry.

Now wherever I want to play sounds, whether it be my Player Script or isolated function_system.txt I can call my sound library by using the above function. All I have to do is #include the const_sounds.txt and that is it.

Extensive testing shows that regardless of what happens in the game (stage load/unload, practise mode, etc) the sound library remains loaded in the memory. Meaning loading times are only existent when the game is booted. This is the perfect scenario so far Drake has managed for me.

I have expanded the usage by adding a PlayMusic(id) (because playbgm is default ph3 function :V I also ran into this) and StopMusic(id). As well as adding function to change the RestartEnable value. I wanted to separate the IDs and make a clear distinction between SFX and BGM.

Feels like a huge weight got lifted off my shoulders, because this was core requirement for my game. Thanks to you all I managed to get one step closer to the completion of my game.

Thank you all.  :getdown:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:00:51 AM by Helepolis »

Agent17

• (Not a) Secret Agent
« Reply #482 on: April 03, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
Hi, is there something to make bullet change when they enter an area (no matter their ID) ?
NMNB : IN (easy).
Normal 1CCs : EoSD, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, GFW, TD and DDC.
Hard 1CCs : TD.
Extra Clear : IN, GFW, TD and DDC.

Drake

« Reply #483 on: April 03, 2015, 04:29:44 PM »
GetShotIdInCircleA2(x, y, radius, TARGET_ENEMY) will grab all the shot IDs in the circle around point (x, y). You can then loop through those IDs and modify them however you want.

Agent17

• (Not a) Secret Agent
« Reply #484 on: April 03, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »
I tried this :
Code: [Select]
let Area = GetShotIdInCircleA2(ObjMove_GetX(obj),ObjMove_GetY(obj),100,TARGET_ENEMY);

while(!Obj_IsDeleted(obj)) {
ObjMove_AddPatternA1(Area,0,0.8,90);
Area = GetShotIdInCircleA2(ObjMove_GetX(obj),ObjMove_GetY(obj),100,TARGET_ENEMY);

yield;
}

but it doesn't work. What should I do to make it work ?
NMNB : IN (easy).
Normal 1CCs : EoSD, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, GFW, TD and DDC.
Hard 1CCs : TD.
Extra Clear : IN, GFW, TD and DDC.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #485 on: April 03, 2015, 05:38:03 PM »
You're not using it correctly.

let ObjArray; //Create a variable

while(!Obj_IsDeleted(obj))
{
//Store Bullet IDs within the radius into the variable. The variable's type is now considered an array.
ObjArray = GetShotIdInCircleA2(ObjMove_GetX(obj),ObjMove_GetY(obj),100,TARGET_ENEMY);

//Loop through the length of that array with "i"
ascent(i in 0..length(ObjArray))
{
//Apply a change in speed, and angle, after 1 frame for all bullets in the array.
ObjMove_AddPatternA1(ObjArray[i],1,0.8,90);
}

yield;
}

You were treating your Area array as a normal variable when you passed it into the ObjMove_AddPattern function, which really just passes an ID of 0. To grab the IDs from an array you reference them by index.

ex: let first_bullet = ObjArray[0];

Remember that the first index in any array starts at 0, and the last index ends with (the total length - 1). So an array of 10 indices would have its last index be 9 since you start from 0. The length(array) function returns the size of an array automatically.

« Reply #486 on: April 06, 2015, 10:08:36 AM »
Could anybody help me please? What an error is this? (I don't find it in Blargel error list)
-----------
ErrorWindow
-----------
_NextChar: (and something on Japanese)
-----------
OK

« Reply #487 on: April 06, 2015, 10:17:42 AM »
Check if you don't have a /* without a */ after. I already get this type of error and (if I remember) it is due to a lack or incomplete */ commenting the rest of the script and cuting  functions/task/other important things.

Drake

« Reply #488 on: April 06, 2015, 10:21:31 AM »
Please either copy the message using ctrl+c, or screenshot the message. What you've posted gives zero information as to what the error actually is.
EDIT: Thanks
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:35:18 AM by Drake »

« Reply #489 on: April 06, 2015, 10:34:44 AM »
>Lefkada
  - Thanks! Error was near, it was a problem with /" and " .
>Drake
  - Sorry please, my fault, this will not happen more.

Miplouf Saigyouki

« Reply #490 on: April 06, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »
Sorry to bother you guys, but I wanted to know if someone had any intention to make a "Array and Bullets Guide", to explain how you can use arrays of bullets to create interactions with any elements.
That would be most definitely useful for many of us, i'm sure. (unless i'm the only guy who is too scared of arrays)

Drake

« Reply #491 on: April 06, 2015, 12:42:15 PM »
Could you specify? I could probably write something when I get up.

Miplouf Saigyouki

« Reply #492 on: April 06, 2015, 12:59:34 PM »
Well it's mostly bullet / laser interactions...

example: When the bullets hit a laser, split bullets in three (a bit like the SCC alice spell)

But really, it's just to see how to do arrays, all i can do with them are just simple things like set shot graphics, positioning, and such... I don't really know much about bullet arrays.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #493 on: April 06, 2015, 01:05:27 PM »
Well it's mostly bullet / laser interactions...

example: When the bullets hit a laser, split bullets in three (a bit like the SCC alice spell)

But really, it's just to see how to do arrays, all i can do with them are just simple things like set shot graphics, positioning, and such... I don't really know much about bullet arrays.

Well, you can iterate through an array and call commands on each of the items inside. You would probably use obj-obj collision for bullets hitting a laser - I did this and the amount of lag due to accessing arrays was phenomenal.

Miplouf Saigyouki

« Reply #494 on: April 06, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »
Hm, I see...
Well then, i guess i'll just go and try for myself.

Thanks anyway.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #495 on: April 07, 2015, 01:49:15 AM »
Well, you can iterate through an array and call commands on each of the items inside. You would probably use obj-obj collision for bullets hitting a laser - I did this and the amount of lag due to accessing arrays was phenomenal.

On a sidenote, Sparen has asked mkm to make array accesses constant-time.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #496 on: April 07, 2015, 01:57:13 AM »
On a sidenote, Sparen has asked mkm to make array accesses constant-time.

Well, although I have not received a reply stating "I will consider it" ... I doubt it will be implemented anytime soon

Drake

« Reply #497 on: April 07, 2015, 04:37:13 AM »
Curious, by what means have you concluded array access isn't constant? Because from my own testing, it very much is. I think it's very likely you're seeing non-constant times from something else.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 04:59:53 AM by Drake »

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #498 on: April 07, 2015, 05:13:41 AM »
Curious, by what means have you concluded array access isn't constant? Because from my own testing, it very much is. I think it's very likely you're seeing non-constant times from something else.

It depends on the size of the array.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

Drake

« Reply #499 on: April 07, 2015, 05:28:50 AM »
Uh, I mean how have you tested this. Because it really doesn't.

« Reply #500 on: April 07, 2015, 07:47:55 PM »
Hi! I was wondering, how sometime (if it's not very often), replays are completly broken and the player starts to do anything (but certainly not what I do in the run) after a random time? Even juste after I record the replay.
It's not the first time I notice that but I have no idea why it happen and why. And how to avoid this? It's really problematic for full games or serious scripts.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #501 on: April 07, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »
Hi! I was wondering, how sometime (if it's not very often), replays are completly broken and the player starts to do anything (but certainly not what I do in the run) after a random time? Even juste after I record the replay.
It's not the first time I notice that but I have no idea why it happen and why. And how to avoid this? It's really problematic for full games or serious scripts.

If it occurs in a package, watch out for CommonData like effect settings and the like. A single rand or the existence/non-existence of a single object can desync the entire replay. Make sure to reset all CommonData that were specific to a game at the start of your main package task (which should run after a script has ended), and make sure you are using replay comments wisely.

Aka Kyuketsuki

• Team αlternative Σnding
  • Making it rain
« Reply #502 on: April 10, 2015, 05:44:08 PM »
It's me again !  :ohdear: I would like to have some help with some maths...

let angle = 0;
let r = 100;
let r2 = 0;

loop(10){
loop(40){

let id = CreateShotA1(GetEnemyX(objBoss) + r*cos(angle), GetEnemyY(objBoss) + r2*sin(angle), 1, angle, 11, 10);
angle += 360/40;
}

r -= 10;
r2 += 10;
wait(2);
}

In this pattern, the bullets spawn from a variable radius, ant it forms a horizontal oval who goes into a vertical one. However the problem is : I want this oval to move depending of the player, so the bullet are aimed at the player. But this oval transformation seems "fixed" and the bullets goes in a weird angle when aimed. How to make this oval rotate at the angle to the player please ?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #503 on: April 10, 2015, 06:54:04 PM »
It's me again !  :ohdear: I would like to have some help with some maths...

let angle = 0;
let r = 100;
let r2 = 0;

loop(10){
loop(40){

let id = CreateShotA1(GetEnemyX(objBoss) + r*cos(angle), GetEnemyY(objBoss) + r2*sin(angle), 1, angle, 11, 10);
angle += 360/40;
}

r -= 10;
r2 += 10;
wait(2);
}

In this pattern, the bullets spawn from a variable radius, ant it forms a horizontal oval who goes into a vertical one. However the problem is : I want this oval to move depending of the player, so the bullet are aimed at the player. But this oval transformation seems "fixed" and the bullets goes in a weird angle when aimed. How to make this oval rotate at the angle to the player please ?

You will need to use rotation matrices

Shadow

• Forever waiting for tomorrow
« Reply #504 on: April 10, 2015, 07:52:46 PM »
This requires some fairly complex trigonometric calculations, as Sparen said. Worry not, I have the answer. I'll provide you two functions here:

function GetEllipticX(let bX, let xLength, let yLength, let gapAngle, let dispAngle){
return bX+xLength*cos(gapAngle)*cos(dispAngle)-yLength*sin(gapAngle)*sin(dispAngle);
}

function GetEllipticY(let bY, let xLength, let yLength, let gapAngle, let dispAngle){
return bY+xLength*cos(gapAngle)*sin(dispAngle)+yLength*sin(gapAngle)*cos(dispAngle);
}

You can use these to form an ellipse centered on the coordinates bX and bY, adjust its minimum and maximum radii with xLength and yLength, and also adjust the angular alignment of the ellipse itself with dispAngle. gapAngle is used to create the actual ellipse, akin to how you use "x+radius*cos(angle)" or "y+radius*sin(angle)". Applying these functions to your code, we would have:

let angle = 0; // Since we're offsetting the angle of the ellipse, the position of the first bullet should stay at 0 degrees to ensure it aims at the player.
let angle2 = GetAngleToPlayer(objBoss); // The angular alignment of the ellipse, aimed at the player.
let r = 100;
let r2 = 0;
loop(10){
loop(40){
let sX = GetEllipticX(GetBossX,r,r2,angle,angle2-90); // Utilizing the GetEllipticX function.
// As the ellipse is supposed to begin in a horizontal position, we subtract 90 from angle2.
let sY = GetEllipticY(GetBossY,r,r2,angle,angle2-90); // The GetEllipticY variant of the above.
let trueAngle = angle+(angle2-90); // Still, using the above offsets the actual angle of the bullet due to the rotation.
// We fix this by adding "angle2-90" back to the original angle.
let id = CreateShotA1(sX, sY, 1, trueAngle, 11, 10);
angle += 360/40;
}
r -= 10;
r2 += 10;
wait(2);
}

I hope that helps~

Aka Kyuketsuki

• Team αlternative Σnding
  • Making it rain
« Reply #505 on: April 10, 2015, 08:33:09 PM »
You will need to use rotation matrices

Still, how to use them, I really suck at maths x)

I hope that helps~

Thanks a lot ! It works perfectly !  :3

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #506 on: April 10, 2015, 09:34:12 PM »
Question regarding replay play back:

GetReplayInfo REPLAY_STAGE_INDEX_LIST should return an array of all indexes used. However, even if I "played through" three stages, it only returns me the last StageIndex  [ 3 ]. I am expecting it to return [1 , 2 , 3]

During the stage jumping, I am not Finalizing until the 3rd stage has ended and the Clear Screen is called. I am though using InitializeStageScene each time a stage jump occurs.

Below a very rough setup how the stuff flows.
task initStage {
InitializeStageScene;
if(replay) { SetStageReplayFile()  SetStageIndex(<index get from replay> }
else { Playerscript(ry... SetStageIndex(1);  }
Kick off STG script...
}

// if stage cleared
task clearStage {
if(stage != 3) { jump stage (index + 1) initStage; }
else { FinalizeStageScene, clear game menu, save replay etc }

}

Edit

Documentation on Wiki doesn't make sense or the usage / explanation is wrong. Either way, I tried many things with Finalize / Terminate / Initialize but none of them seem to return me a proper array of indexes.

Took a look also at MPP and RSS and both didn't even utilize the INDEX method. It seems these two games don't allow replay playback based on stage choice but just fully playback.

I decided to do the same and ditched the stage jumping with Index setting. For my game too, there will be a single replay. The difference between Story and Practise is made inside the replay comment by adding values to the string and later on splitting it with SplitString.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:28:51 AM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #507 on: April 12, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
So over the last 2 hours I have been lit. tearing my hair out with the ANSI - UTF-8 and SHIFT-JIS encoding/conversion.

Within Notepad++ I was happy adding spellcard names in both English and Japanese.
- My Japanese characters turn gibbrish kanji/symbols. Even if I see them in notepad correctly displayed, if I set Character Set to Shift-JIS, they turn to gibbrish.
- Saving file / reloading countless times keeps this problem up
- UFT-8 without BOM is being set each and every time
- Even worse, if I rewrite the kana/kanji manually , save and reload the file it jumps to ANSI even.

And even more worse. This occurred to half the spell cards. Most of them I fixed by reloading/resaving/reencoding etc. But these last few keep on being persistent and ***** annoying.

Am I doing something wrong in regarding to setting to Japanese characters Shift-Jis? Why is it constantly jumping to ANSI?

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #508 on: April 12, 2015, 09:28:48 PM »
So over the last 2 hours I have been lit. tearing my hair out with the ANSI - UTF-8 and SHIFT-JIS encoding/conversion.

Within Notepad++ I was happy adding spellcard names in both English and Japanese.
- My Japanese characters turn gibbrish kanji/symbols. Even if I see them in notepad correctly displayed, if I set Character Set to Shift-JIS, they turn to gibbrish.
- Saving file / reloading countless times keeps this problem up
- UFT-8 without BOM is being set each and every time
- Even worse, if I rewrite the kana/kanji manually , save and reload the file it jumps to ANSI even.

And even more worse. This occurred to half the spell cards. Most of them I fixed by reloading/resaving/reencoding etc. But these last few keep on being persistent and ***** annoying.

Am I doing something wrong in regarding to setting to Japanese characters Shift-Jis? Why is it constantly jumping to ANSI?

I'm not sure what's the problem, but there's a UTF-8 reading library if you just want to save everything in UTF-8.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Drake

« Reply #509 on: April 13, 2015, 04:28:29 AM »
It's more a problem of NP++ autodetection or something than anything else. Without seeing what's happening it's a bit hard to tell.