Author Topic: ※ Dnh Q&A/Problem thread II ※ for Danmakufu ph3 .1 preX(ry  (Read 243873 times)

Drake

Re: ※ Dnh Q&A/Problem thread II ※ for Danmakufu ph3 .1 preX(ry
« Reply #300 on: January 28, 2015, 02:05:48 AM »
How to get a backslash in a string?
Backslash is the escape character, so \\ gets you a backslash character ok nope. You also get quotes with \", and so on.

why I don't think to this ??
so if angle ?90 the object go left and if angle ?90 the object go right. it's right?
Not quite, since that won't work if the object is moving upwards. The angles work like this:

The easiest way to check if an angle is "left" or "right" is to get the cosine of the angle. cos(angle) will be < 0 on left and > 0 on right.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:45:23 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #301 on: January 28, 2015, 02:17:03 AM »
why I don't think to this ??
so if angle ?90 the object go left and if angle ?90 the object go right. it's right?
Not necessarily.

Edit: \ doesn't work.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 03:37:05 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

« Reply #302 on: January 28, 2015, 10:26:15 AM »
It works perfectly. Thanks Drake and Fluffy8x.

« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2015, 10:32:41 PM »
How do i remove the filters with Yukari and Tenshi's face in the Celestial Showdown script?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #304 on: January 30, 2015, 10:49:36 PM »
How do i remove the filters with Yukari and Tenshi's face in the Celestial Showdown script?

AJS purposely did that, I believe. To change it, change the alpha values of the STG_Frame in the system file to 0.

« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2015, 10:54:05 PM »
And how do i do that? I don't understand anything about Danmakufu...   :(
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #306 on: January 31, 2015, 12:08:25 AM »
Well, Helepolis suggested I take talk about the potential use of ZUN sound effects in scripts here, so here I am. I don't know the full story behind whether the sounds on nico commons are rips or not, or if that's even what the japanese danmakufu scripter are using in their games, but it would appear that the use of ZUN's sound effects in games is not taken as seriously as using other types of data, like art, music, and sprites.

However, I recently remembered that there is another MASSIVE library of sounds for games here: http://osabisi.sakura.ne.jp/m2/

It took me a long time to track this site down, but this is the source of game sound effects for MANY Japanese indie and doujin titles. The Exceed series, Suguri, Touhou Labryinth, Phantasmagoria Trues, Magical Singular Day, Danmakufu ITSELF and many more that I'm probably not aware of all use sounds from this library. As many will note, several of those games were sold. It's very difficult for me to read the terms of use (located here I believe) so to avoid any potential translation confusion, perhaps someone here with knowledge of japanese could translate the terms of use? I'm certain that these sounds if useable will be more than enough for many scripters looking for an alternative to official Touhou sound effects.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:18:05 AM by ExPorygon »

« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2015, 07:48:38 PM »
Me again!
I want to make alternative spells depending of which boss is killed (like the prismriver) but I have no idea how to do this.
I try something like that in my plural script where NextStep common data is equal to "LETTY" or "LILY" at the end of the previous spell.
Code: [Select]
task TPlural {
loop(51) {yield;}
let ex = ObjMove_GetX(objScene);
let ey = ObjMove_GetY(objScene);

ObjEnemyBossScene_Add(objScene, 0, dir ~ "Nonspell1Li_N.txt");
ObjEnemyBossScene_Add(objScene, 1, dir ~ "Nonspell2Li_N.txt");
ObjEnemyBossScene_Add(objScene, 2, dir ~ "Spell1_N.txt");
if(GetCommonData("NextStep", "NULL") == "LETTY") {
ObjEnemyBossScene_Add(objScene, 3, dir ~ "Nonspell1Li_N.txt");
} else if(GetCommonData("NextStep", "NULL") == "LILY") {
ObjEnemyBossScene_Add(objScene, 3, dir ~ "Nonspell2Li_N.txt");
}

ObjEnemyBossScene_LoadInThread(objScene);
ObjEnemyBossScene_Regist(objScene);
while(!Obj_IsDeleted(objScene)){
yield;
}
}
But ObjEnemyBossScene_Add is set at the beginning of the boss and not after the spell.
I try to do that in another task but it don't work.

Any idea please?

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2015, 08:08:23 PM »
Me again!
I want to make alternative spells depending of which boss is killed (like the prismriver) but I have no idea how to do this.
I try something like that in my plural script where NextStep common data is equal to "LETTY" or "LILY" at the end of the previous spell.
-codehere-
But ObjEnemyBossScene_Add is set at the beginning of the boss and not after the spell.
I try to do that in another task but it don't work.

Any idea please?
Maybe if you put the check in a separate script?

EDIT: Or even better: Load both scripts and have one of them immediately skip to the end if the condition for the spell is met.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 08:10:26 PM by Rumia w/ a chest-mouth »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2015, 11:14:18 PM »
Well, Helepolis suggested I take talk about the potential use of ZUN sound effects in scripts here, so here I am. I don't know the full story behind whether the sounds on nico commons are rips or not, or if that's even what the japanese danmakufu scripter are using in their games, but it would appear that the use of ZUN's sound effects in games is not taken as seriously as using other types of data, like art, music, and sprites.

However, I recently remembered that there is another MASSIVE library of sounds for games here: http://osabisi.sakura.ne.jp/m2/

It took me a long time to track this site down, but this is the source of game sound effects for MANY Japanese indie and doujin titles. The Exceed series, Suguri, Touhou Labryinth, Phantasmagoria Trues, Magical Singular Day, Danmakufu ITSELF and many more that I'm probably not aware of all use sounds from this library. As many will note, several of those games were sold. It's very difficult for me to read the terms of use (located here I believe) so to avoid any potential translation confusion, perhaps someone here with knowledge of japanese could translate the terms of use? I'm certain that these sounds if useable will be more than enough for many scripters looking for an alternative to official Touhou sound effects.
What are the conditions though for using these sounds? Are they truly free-to-use and allowed to be used when distributing for free or with a sale? We'll need to indeed figure out that link as you highlighted.

Edit:
Apparently as far as I could grasp something: Terms of use is "Free to use" as long as your game is free as well. Pretty much like the material my partner found about Dnh players. So unfortunately this is a no-go source for my game.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:19:53 PM by Helepolis »

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2015, 12:44:09 AM »
What are the conditions though for using these sounds? Are they truly free-to-use and allowed to be used when distributing for free or with a sale? We'll need to indeed figure out that link as you highlighted.

Edit:
Apparently as far as I could grasp something: Terms of use is "Free to use" as long as your game is free as well. Pretty much like the material my partner found about Dnh players. So unfortunately this is a no-go source for my game.
I'm not quite sure this is the case. I've found nothing myself that indicates that your work needs to be free. All of those games that I just listed use those sounds and many are sold, many of them are pretty well known too. This is why I want a proper translation of the terms on that page.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2015, 01:29:31 AM »
How do you allocate more RAM space to Danmakufu. RSS is apparently going to continue (geez it's probably been 2 hours since I started this run) running at 5 FPS forever with this terrible use of memory allocation.

And yes, I believe Danmakufu is using about 1.10 GB RAM. And my processor is not running at full capacity.

« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2015, 08:43:26 PM »
Quote from: Rumia w/ a chest-mouth
EDIT: Or even better: Load both scripts and have one of them immediately skip to the end if the condition for the spell is met.
Good idea. It works. Thanks.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2015, 09:10:09 PM »
Anyone know why GetTransitionRenderTargetName might not get the most recent screenshot of the game that exists?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

« Reply #314 on: February 03, 2015, 09:47:19 PM »
Me again and again.

I make a player shot that pass through enemies an infinite number of time. But I want to do some stuff when it hurt an enemy.
Is there a way to know if the shot is in contact with a enemy and wich enemy?

I usually use the shot deletion but... it's not deleted in this case.

And another really stupid question.
With 
ObjSprite2D_SetSourceRect(obj, x1, y1, x2, y2);What is the size of the sprite I get if I have x1 = 0, y1 = 0, x2 = 16 and y2 = 16? It's 16*16 or 17*17?
And if I have a picture in 16*16, the up-left pixel coordinates is 0*0 or 1*1? And the down-right is 16*16 or 17*17?
I never understand how it's calculated by danmakufu and I always get some artifacts on the side.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #315 on: February 03, 2015, 10:41:39 PM »
And another really stupid question.
With 
ObjSprite2D_SetSourceRect(obj, x1, y1, x2, y2);What is the size of the sprite I get if I have x1 = 0, y1 = 0, x2 = 16 and y2 = 16? It's 16*16 or 17*17?
And if I have a picture in 16*16, the up-left pixel coordinates is 0*0 or 1*1? And the down-right is 16*16 or 17*17?
I never understand how it's calculated by danmakufu and I always get some artifacts on the side.

This is not a stupid question at all. It is one of the most infuriating things in Danmakufu.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »
This is not a stupid question at all. It is one of the most infuriating things in Danmakufu.

Along with the first parameter of object functions and the lack of first-class functions. Take your pick of which is the most infuriating, and please try to answer my question while deciding.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #317 on: February 04, 2015, 12:00:37 AM »
Along with the first parameter of object functions and the lack of first-class functions. Take your pick of which is the most infuriating, and please try to answer my question while deciding.

The first parameter of object functions is annoying? Really?

Although there's a chance someone with the necessary understanding of render targets will respond, there are very few of them, so don't expect much.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #318 on: February 04, 2015, 12:10:36 AM »
@Fluffy8x: I'd kind of like you to expand on what you mean by "most recent screenshot" ... ... It's a bit hard for me to interpret

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #319 on: February 04, 2015, 12:19:07 AM »
@Fluffy8x: I'd kind of like you to expand on what you mean by "most recent screenshot" ... ... It's a bit hard for me to interpret

Sometimes that function gives a screenshot of something else such as the Danmakufu main menu or a previous playthrough. If you want more explanation, then I'll just release 0.03tr to the public.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

« Reply #320 on: February 04, 2015, 12:21:07 AM »
having a little trouble with object lasers, I'm trying to make a laser then move it across the screen.

I did this
let las1 = CreateStraightLaserA1(-2*x1+xOffset,y1-3*x1*tan(theta),theta,2000,width,500,8*20+8%8,40);
wait(20);
ObjMove_SetSpeed(las1,3);
it made a bunch of lasers, each moving to the right

I tried manually moving it,
let las1 = CreateStraightLaserA1(-2*x1+xOffset,y1-3*x1*tan(theta),theta,2000,width,500,8*20+8%8,0);
wait(20);
let newX = ObjMove_GetX(las1);
loop(GetStgFrameWidth){
newX = newX+4;
ObjMove_setX(las1,newX);
}
also didn't work. and I had to change the delay to 0 so it would have a hitbox at any point. I just want one solid laser to move after spawning.

It seems that a laser is just a series of stretched out bullets that continuously spawn from the spawning point, I could just make an object bullet that has those properties and won't disappear when you hit it, but I'd rather learn the right way if at all possible.
my Twitch Stream I play shmups sometimes

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2015, 12:27:50 AM »
Sometimes that function gives a screenshot of something else such as the Danmakufu main menu or a previous playthrough. If you want more explanation, then I'll just release 0.03tr to the public.

I think you're gonna actually have to render every render priority layer TO the render target beforehand... are you doing so?

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2015, 01:44:54 AM »
I make a player shot that pass through enemies an infinite number of time. But I want to do some stuff when it hurt an enemy.
I'm not entirely sure if that's exactly possible, sorry. You may want to send a feature request, as that seems to be a good feature to have.

If your image is 16x16, then you will do ObjSprite2D_SetSourceRect(obj, 0, 0, 16, 16);
If you are getting any artifacts, ensure that your image sizes are saved with powers of 2. Otherwise, it will automatically resize it to a power of 2, and then rescale it back to the original size, creating all sorts artifacts and blurriness.

having a little trouble with object lasers, I'm trying to make a laser then move it across the screen.
A loop will execute in one frame if you don't yield it, so what you're doing, simplified, is actually just setting the X value to 4*GetStgFrameWidth. Add a yield; or wait(1); to your loop, and it will execute the loop one frame at a time, giving movement.

Also, it's probably better to use while(!Obj_IsDeleted(obj)){} for bullets/lasers (and just sticking with ObjMove_ functions, and only manually setting their X/Ys for complicated movements), but as always, it depends entirely on what your intended effect is.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:48:51 AM by gtbot »

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #323 on: February 04, 2015, 03:26:36 AM »
I think you're gonna actually have to render every render priority layer TO the render target beforehand... are you doing so?

Ehh?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2015, 05:00:23 AM »
Ehh?

Aaah, you know.
RenderToTextureA1(GetTransitionRenderTargetName, 0, 100, true);

The "package script" of Danmakufu's script selection menu (I merely hypothesize of its existence) uses this function, so that's why you might sometimes see the main menu when using this function.

That's just my guess though.

Render targets will store the same image until you clear it and render to it once again. One of the tutorials tells the reader to picture it as more like a "canvas", on which you can do two things: 1)) draw things on top, and 2) clear the canvas.

Drake

« Reply #325 on: February 04, 2015, 05:59:25 AM »
Anyone know why GetTransitionRenderTargetName might not get the most recent screenshot of the game that exists?
The transition render target is drawn on by menu scripts. By default you'll get the last view of the title screen or the last view of the pause menu, because they draw to that target. The purpose is to get the last view of any scene immediately before the menu script is called. You would use this in a pause menu to render the "paused" game scene while in the menu, for example. How have you been using it?

Me again and again.

I'm not sure what gtbot is talking about but ObjCol_IsIntersected() and ObjCol_GetListOfIntersectedEnemyID() are what you want.

16*16. The left and top coordinates are inclusive; the right and bottom coordinates are exclusive.
Top-left is (0, 0). The bottom-right corner is (16, 16), but if you want the corner pixel itself for whatever reason it's (15, 15).
So if you wanted a one-pixel rectangle in the bottom-right corner it would be (15, 15, 16, 16).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:03:34 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2015, 06:35:20 AM »
I'm not sure what gtbot is talking about but ObjCol_IsIntersected() and ObjCol_GetListOfIntersectedEnemyID() are what you want.

woosh
somtimes i forget the simplest things

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2015, 12:13:34 PM »
Not a question but more like verification whether I am on the right track. I'm about to implement difficulty scaling in my game but I want to know if I set the core structure correctly.

Basically using CommonData to set the selected difficulty then
// Difficulty scaling, 0 = normal, 1 = hard, 2 = lunatic
task fairyShot00(obj) {
if(GetCommonData("gameDifficulty",false) == 0)  {

}
if(GetCommonData("gameDifficulty",false) == 1)  {

}
if(GetCommonData("gameDifficulty",false) == 2)  {

}
}
To check what the fairy has to use depending on difficulty. Is this a safe and proper way or can it cause complications later on?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2015, 01:44:10 PM »
Not a question but more like verification whether I am on the right track. I'm about to implement difficulty scaling in my game but I want to know if I set the core structure correctly.

Basically using CommonData to set the selected difficulty then
// Difficulty scaling, 0 = normal, 1 = hard, 2 = lunatic
task fairyShot00(obj) {
if(GetCommonData("gameDifficulty",false) == 0)  {

}
if(GetCommonData("gameDifficulty",false) == 1)  {

}
if(GetCommonData("gameDifficulty",false) == 2)  {

}
}
To check what the fairy has to use depending on difficulty. Is this a safe and proper way or can it cause complications later on?

This is similar to the system I use for stage enemies. The main concerns I had were:
-default values - When testing stages (not using a package), I had to manually set the difficulty I wanted in order to test different difficulties
-keeping a standardized default
-having to change code in multiple places - If something goes wrong, you may have to correct it for each and every case.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2015, 01:48:42 PM »
This is similar to the system I use for stage enemies. The main concerns I had were:
-default values - When testing stages (not using a package), I had to manually set the difficulty I wanted in order to test different difficulties
-keeping a standardized default
-having to change code in multiple places - If something goes wrong, you may have to correct it for each and every case.
1) Similar thought, I might need to script in debug option ability to test difficulties for beta testers.
2) Struggling indeed
3) That is indeed troublesome.

I've studied MPP's difficulty scaling and they seem to use the alternative(var)  case(var)  method for this. I guess that is also optional.