Author Topic: ※ Dnh Q&A/Problem thread II ※ for Danmakufu ph3 .1 preX(ry  (Read 243917 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: ※ Dnh Q&A/Problem thread II ※ for Danmakufu ph3 .1 preX(ry
« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2015, 10:59:45 PM »
3: Archive files save the file path to the directory as if the files were not compressed, and the archive file was a folder. Danmakufu doesn't check by filename alone, it checks the file path exactly. You cannot however, compress different archives into one big archive. The tool itself works as a lock to prevent others from touching resources, there is some compression but it isn't anything big.

If it checks the file path exactly, then does that mean that the 'folder' name Danmakufu reads from the archive file is the directory in which the files originated? Otherwise it should not be able to read CSD~system/img/filename.png when filename.png is inside system/imgarchive.dat

Or am I wrong.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2015, 11:33:49 PM »
it acts as a folder, so if you move that archive somewhere it shouldn't have been then those files won't be referenced from the same location anymore. so if you had an img archive and moved it to the root directory of danmakufu, csd~"./mygame/img/ will not work and instead, module~"./img/ will be the new location. If the archive stays in the same location as the folder that held the files you packed then there is no need to change any file paths within your scripts, once AddArchiveFile is used then the engine will treat any path going to "./mygame/img/ as apart of that archive and read from there.

Justin

• Grand High Poobah
  • what is life
« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2015, 12:31:10 AM »
I have returned  :derp:
This time, I've got two issues.
My stage 1 script: (http://pastebin.com/7wfpMXyb) ((Interest around line 228))
The first is this error: すでにEnemyBossSceneオブジェクトが存在します. I see that this has come up before once here, but the issue then isn't the one I'm experiencing now. What happens is that whenever a player suicides before the midboss, the game will give that error and then crash. If one dies after the midboss fight, the game doesn't run the endscene thing (save replay, quit, replay) until the actual boss starts. Do I have too many bosses in one script? I mean, they're called separately, but could this still confuse the engine?

The second issue isn't really a coding issue, although it may be. In Touhou games, we've seen a form of "music syncing," like the midboss popping out at the most exciting part of a song. I did that for the first stage of the game, and it worked fine, until testing it on my friend's computer. The boss came 2-3 seconds late on his computer, but it syncs perfectly on mine. Something is causing one of us to go either too fast, or too slow. I have two dropbox links to show you what I mean (I'm Justin, friend is Cam): http://bit.ly/STG1CamVer and http://bit.ly/STG1JustinVer
 Something I may have narrowed it down to was that he's running Win 8.1, and I'm running Win 7. Just a theory, though.

Well, those are my problems for the time being.  I really hope I can get better at this and start returning the favor by helping others here, eventually.
Until then, thank you!
Current Goals (BC I guess this is a thing):
1CC all 2hu on normal: All clear!
1CC all 2hu on hard: LLS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF
Clear all extras: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA
SA Hard Mode is kicking my butt ;-;

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #273 on: January 16, 2015, 01:24:44 AM »
The second issue isn't really a coding issue, although it may be. In Touhou games, we've seen a form of "music syncing," like the midboss popping out at the most exciting part of a song. I did that for the first stage of the game, and it worked fine, until testing it on my friend's computer. The boss came 2-3 seconds late on his computer, but it syncs perfectly on mine. Something is causing one of us to go either too fast, or too slow. I have two dropbox links to show you what I mean (I'm Justin, friend is Cam): http://bit.ly/STG1CamVer and http://bit.ly/STG1JustinVer
 Something I may have narrowed it down to was that he's running Win 8.1, and I'm running Win 7. Just a theory, though.

If it's an FPS issue, then the only way to guarantee anything is to have your music synced to 60 FPS and your script optimized as well as possible. Of course, you should make sure that the people playing your game have decent computers that are as good as yours or better, and are not having too many programs open while running Danmakufu.

Justin

• Grand High Poobah
  • what is life
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2015, 02:20:46 AM »
If it's an FPS issue, then the only way to guarantee anything is to have your music synced to 60 FPS and your script optimized as well as possible. Of course, you should make sure that the people playing your game have decent computers that are as good as yours or better, and are not having too many programs open while running Danmakufu.
What you mean by syncing to 60 FPS is playing the game at 60 FPS and seeing what happens, yes?
Also, optimization- How so? Should I unload graphics when not needed (i.e the splash icon I have appearing before the stage starts- is simply deleting the object enough?)
As always, I appreciate the assistance.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2015, 02:47:01 AM »
What you mean by syncing to 60 FPS is playing the game at 60 FPS and seeing what happens, yes?
Also, optimization- How so? Should I unload graphics when not needed (i.e the splash icon I have appearing before the stage starts- is simply deleting the object enough?)
As always, I appreciate the assistance.

Assume that the script should run at a constant FPS. Preload all boss scenes, sounds, and textures before playing the music. Short circuit your boolean expressions. Remove unneeded variables. Whatever you can do to make your game run at the intended 60 FPS on lower-end computers.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2015, 03:10:45 AM »
Sparen is basically saying that your friend's computer might not run your game without lag, which would desync the music. He's giving you ways to reduce the potential lag as much as possible.

Justin

• Grand High Poobah
  • what is life
« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2015, 04:00:04 AM »
Assume that the script should run at a constant FPS. Preload all boss scenes, sounds, and textures before playing the music. Short circuit your boolean expressions. Remove unneeded variables. Whatever you can do to make your game run at the intended 60 FPS on lower-end computers.
Sparen is basically saying that your friend's computer might not run your game without lag, which would desync the music. He's giving you ways to reduce the potential lag as much as possible.
Thank you to the both of you!

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2015, 04:30:48 AM »
I asked earlier, but no one seems to be answering: do you need to do something special to post on the official Danmakufu BBS? I can't seem to post a bug report to this thread.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2015, 05:34:20 AM »
I've asked mkm about it some time ago, he said to try using japanese in whatever you post due to the spam protection seeing english as spam, such as including 東方弾幕風. I've tried it, but no success either.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2015, 06:03:25 AM »
I've asked mkm about it some time ago, he said to try using japanese in whatever you post due to the spam protection seeing english as spam, such as including 東方弾幕風. I've tried it, but no success either.

Tried including Japanese first and then only the Japanese, and it still returns a 403.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2015, 06:44:11 AM »
Tried including Japanese first and then only the Japanese, and it still returns a 403.
Mkm's BBS denies all non-Japanese IPs. To get on their board, you need to use a Japanese Proxy or Japanese IP.
I assume you are already in the board and having difficulties to post the msg?

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2015, 07:24:37 AM »
Mkm's BBS denies all non-Japanese IPs. To get on their board, you need to use a Japanese Proxy or Japanese IP.
I assume you are already in the board and having difficulties to post the msg?

Yes. If that applies, then I'd gladly let someone else report the bug.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2015, 07:36:47 AM »
Yes. If that applies, then I'd gladly let someone else report the bug.
Since you said 403 I am confused. If you get a 503 it is due to not having Japanese IP. If you are on the board and unable to post make sure you fill out the e-mail and a "edit post" password. Also http is not allowed but that will throw you an error message to edit out the urls.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2015, 07:44:03 AM »
Since you said 403 I am confused. If you get a 503 it is due to not having Japanese IP. If you are on the board and unable to post make sure you fill out the e-mail and a "edit post" password. Also http is not allowed but that will throw you an error message to edit out the urls.

Yep, all done. Are you sure you didn't misread the 4 as a 5?

Edit: or you could post the report
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:54:26 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2015, 06:05:29 PM »
A reminder that pre6a has been released, fixing a number of bugs in pre6. I assume this is a stable release.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #286 on: January 22, 2015, 12:17:55 AM »
Has anyone been able to report the file I/O bug I mentioned yet? The success of my project depends on it.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #287 on: January 22, 2015, 01:36:20 AM »
Has anyone been able to report the file I/O bug I mentioned yet? The success of my project depends on it.

If you can't use Text File Objects, use a workaround.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #288 on: January 22, 2015, 01:59:12 AM »

If you can't use Text File Objects, use a workaround.

I highly suggest using an array for the time being.

Have you been able to email mkm directly? He allows that as well. You should probably have a subject like 弾幕風ph3バグ報告 otherwise his spam filter kills your report because of English or something. I don't know whether he prefers the actual body of the message in Japanese or English, because all of my bug reports were in Japanese. I assume he doesn't mind either, as long as it's legible.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #289 on: January 22, 2015, 04:30:12 AM »
All of my reports are in english which he has a fair understanding of (has gotten better since I first emailed him a year ago). Also, emails can be named TouhouDanmakufu ph3 blahblah or 東方弾幕風 ph3. I use both.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Oakland/9951/ email can be found on this website (under the profile section)

« Reply #290 on: January 24, 2015, 04:13:27 PM »
Hey everybody !
I would like to know if someone could help me ! I don't really know how to make 3d background...and I really need to make 3d background for my game.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #291 on: January 24, 2015, 05:57:03 PM »
Hey everybody !
I would like to know if someone could help me ! I don't really know how to make 3d background...and I really need to make 3d background for my game.
Oh quite the challenge you're taking here. I think I need to first poll your experience: Did you make any custom effects or worked with sprite objects before?

« Reply #292 on: January 24, 2015, 06:10:04 PM »
Oh yeah of course, I animated myself my sprites, and I made myself my circle effect functions etc...^^

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #293 on: January 24, 2015, 06:44:45 PM »
Ok well there aren't much resources or tutorials to make stages but I will try to explain very roughly.

Building 3D stages in Touhou is like building a cardboard house. Your sprites are your piece of cards and you're "placing them" in 3D in your field. This is how X Y and Z will work for a 3D environment.
[attach=1]

Let's try to first make a floor in 3D. Very very simple:
Code: [Select]
// Load your texture
let floorTex = etc...;

@Initialize {
renderStage;
}
@MainLoop { yield; }
@Finalize { }

// Your sprite, placed in 3D
function makePanel(posX,posY,posZ,angleX,angleY,angleZ) {
let obj = ObjPrim_Create(OBJ_SPRITE_3D);    // <----- Very important to create as 3D sprite!
ObjPrim_SetTexture(obj,floorTex);
Obj_SetRenderPriorityI(obj,20);
ObjRender_SetBlendType(obj,BLEND_ALPHA);
ObjRender_SetAlpha(obj,255);
ObjRender_SetScaleXYZ(obj,1,1,0);
ObjSprite3D_SetSourceDestRect(obj,0,0,512,512);
ObjSprite3D_SetBillboard(obj,false);
ObjRender_SetPosition(obj,posX,posY,posZ);
ObjRender_SetAngleXYZ(obj,angleX,angleY,angleZ);
}

// Main rendering
task renderStage {

// Required to let the engine draw past default 2048. If you make a long stage which has for example textures of 4096 or longer, you need to increase the value.
SetCameraPerspectiveClip(10,4096);

// Camera settings.
SetCameraFocusX(0);
SetCameraFocusY(0);
SetCameraFocusZ(0);
SetCameraAzimuthAngle(0);
SetCameraElevationAngle(16);

// Make a panel at X Y Z position 0 (centre) and flipped around X 90 degrees (floor)
makePanel(0,0,0,90,0,0);
}

ObjPrim_Create(OBJ_SPRITE_3D); is most important code here, because otherwise it won't listen to 3D functions.
ObjSprite3D_SetSourceDestRect Note how the function name contains 3D! On the wiki you can find many functions special for 3D.
ObjSprite3D_SetBillboard Prevents the sprite from "always facing the camera" if you turn the camera around.

The way I set my cameras gives you a slight overhead view of the floor. Play around with the values to discover how the camera works. This is very important for your 3D stage.

So why did I use function makePanel() ?
I am passing 6 parameters to my 3D sprite to flexible create it. This means I can just type the same code over and create multiple walls/floors/ceilings. Otherwise if you want to make 2 floors or 4 walls, you need to type the whole code 4x. This is why functions and parameters are useful.

Try to get the above right and see if you can summon a simple floor. Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:56:30 PM by Helepolis »

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #294 on: January 26, 2015, 12:47:07 AM »
Can anyone explain the details of GetTransitionRenderTargetName? I know what it does at the basic level, but I need to know about the details such as what it captures and what it doesn't.

Edit: what the heck Danmakufu (large image)

Edit 2: How do I respawn a player after she's run out of lives? Or do I need some workaround such as having 0 lives = game over?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:43:40 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #295 on: January 26, 2015, 02:35:32 AM »
Can anyone explain the details of GetTransitionRenderTargetName? I know what it does at the basic level, but I need to know about the details such as what it captures and what it doesn't.

Edit: what the heck Danmakufu (large image)

Edit 2: How do I respawn a player after she's run out of lives? Or do I need some workaround such as having 0 lives = game over?

You don't actually let the player run out of lives. :P

Code from DEC:
Code: [Select]
    case(EV_PLAYER_SHOOTDOWN){//To disable continue system, block comment this case.
if(GetCommonData("Practice",true)==false){//Disables invincibility for practice stages
  if(GetPlayerLife<0){//If equals 0, still have a life left (IE using last life)
    SetPlayerLife(0.123);//Copied from Arby, should prevent STATE_END. In theory.
    ContinueSystem;
  }//I pray this works. Correctly.
}
    }

ContinueSystem() will notify the package if there are continues remaining. The package will pause the game, process the user input, and then notify the stage to either kill the player (trigger end scene) or reset and resume.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #296 on: January 28, 2015, 01:01:47 AM »
How to get a backslash in a string?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2015, 01:33:58 AM »
Hi!

Is there a (simple) way to know in which direction go a move objet (for example a boss object)?

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #298 on: January 28, 2015, 01:36:54 AM »
Hi!

Is there a (simple) way to know in which direction go a move objet (for example a boss object)?

ObjMove_GetAngle
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

« Reply #299 on: January 28, 2015, 01:47:51 AM »
why I don't think to this ??
so if angle ?90 the object go left and if angle ?90 the object go right. it's right?