Author Topic: ※ Dnh Q&A/Problem thread II ※ for Danmakufu ph3 .1 preX(ry  (Read 244009 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: ※ Dnh Q&A/Problem thread II ※ for Danmakufu ph3 .1 preX(ry
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2014, 09:18:52 PM »
If a loop or tasks contains multiple events which are sensitive to yielding/waiting, you should try to break it into a separate task. You could for example create a hitbox task and pass on the obj id to perform collision updates while the fairy is alive. Since you did one for the animation, you could do it for collisions.

Code: [Select]
task fairy {
let obj = Enemy(ry

hitboxHandle(obj);
}

task hitboxHandle(obj) {
while(!Obj_IsDeleted(obj)) {
// perform collision check
}
}

« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2014, 12:14:36 AM »
Probably just an issue that I just can't find due to not looking at it clearly. I tried looking around for the solution and got nothing. The problem is that I can't use EV_GET_ITEM to check for player defined items.
In the Player Script:
case(EV_GET_ITEM)
{
ObjSound_Play(item);
let itemType = GetEventArgument(0);
alternative(itemType)
case(1){
  //Code that runs when collect the item
}

I was looking at the wiki for EV_GET_ITEM, but it doesn't say anything on how to call for UserItemData. The wiki being http://dmf.shrinemaiden.org/wiki/How_to_Write_Scripts#Events_.28.40Event.29.
More code could be added if needed, but everything works except for this part.

Also, rather than making multiple topics, how do you make a player lasers... I looked at other scripts (and tried stealing them as a last resort) and got nothing. This isn't that important because I could just make a line with vertices and add a collision within the points. But it would be a lot simpler if someone could help me with this, or point me to a page on this topic. I'm not very smart when it comes to this, but I got it
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:07:50 AM by Icewave21 »

Drake

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2014, 08:59:32 AM »
What you're trying to do is use CreateItemU1() to make some item from its itemsheet id, then use the GET_ITEM event to grab that ID. This is half right and half wrong.
Basically the issue is that it doesn't make sense to define a user-defined item's behaviour entirely from a player script, so you can't. EV_GET_ITEM in player scripts is only triggered from the predefined items.
We have item scripts for that -- item scripts are just a slightly-specialized script used to generate various items. An item script looks like pretty much all other scripts:

@Initialize{
let dir = GetCurrentScriptDirectory();
LoadItemData(dir~"item_data.dnh");
}

@Event{
alternative(GetEventType())
case(EV_GET_ITEM){
let itemType = GetEventArgument(0);
let objItem = GetEventArgument(1);
}
case(EV_USER+100000){
CreateItem(200, 200);
}
}

task CreateItem(x, y){
let obj = CreateItemU1(1, itemX, itemY, 0);
// maybe do other things?
}

Now this is pretty much all you need, on a really basic level. Load the item data, have a GET_ITEM event, and some user event to call in order to create your item.
You should already have the item data stuff understood. The GET_ITEM event when inside an item script does what you already assume it should: grab the item type (as defined in the item data) from the event arguments and then do other stuff, probably by checking which item type it is and performing some action accordingly. The CreateItem() task should also be pretty clear, especially since as written it just spawns the actual item. I only put it in a task to illustrate that you can (and should, generally).

The special part is the script interaction. To run this script as an item script, you call StartItemScript(path_to_script). Once that's done, the item script initializes and is ready for work. So now the only part left is the user-defined event. It works like any other event, you just have to trigger the event yourself from some other script. This could be from the player script or your enemy script or whatever, but all you do is call NotifyEventAll(EV_USER+100000, *value*) when you want to spawn the item. The item script's event is triggered, it calls CreateItem() which in turn calls CreateItemU1() and makes the item. When the player collects it, the GET_ITEM event is triggered. Hooray, it works.

If you really want to have an item where you can define behaviour from the player script, you can define a barebones item script like above, notify a different user event on collection and then have the player read that event, that's all.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2014, 05:42:38 PM »
Some different problem I bumped in and it felt really odd.

During the sprite adjusting of my floor I noticed something weird. My sprite is 256 wide and 128. So logically I set this code:
ObjRender_SetScaleXYZ(obj,1.0,1.0,0);
ObjSprite2D_SetSourceRect(obj,0,1,256,128);
ObjSprite2D_SetDestCenter(obj);
Now comes the odd part. The floor logically doesn't covers the entire width of my field, so I simply increased the value to 512 for example, so the texture gets repeated, right? Wrong.

The texture is actually stretched instead of repeated as in 0.12m. I started fiddling with various of functions and parameters such as using ObjSprite2D_SetDestRect as well but none of them had effect. This is quite weird as 3D sprites do repeat themselves if I set them (at least, as far as I can remember when I building my 3D stages. So what is the deal with 2D sprites?

Edit
This is embarrassing that I never had encountered this issue. Using SpriteList2D instead of regular Sprite2D will fix this problem. Thanks Drake for pointing it out.

Edit 2:
Apparently SpriteList2D does not listen to any of the SetAngle functions. Not the render, not the Move and also not the XYZ one. The hell is wrong right now.

Edit3:
Posted on bbs of dnh to see what Mkm has to say about it.

Mkm has posted a reply:
>>74 Helepolis氏
>This is a bit strange. With ObjPrim_Create(OBJ_SPRITE_2D);
>I can use ObjRender_SetAngleZ. But with ObjPrim_Create(OBJ_SPRITE_LIST_2D); nothing happens. See image please.
Before ObjSpriteList2D_CloseVertex is called,
ObjRender_SetAngleZ affects the angle of vertices that added by next ObjSpriteList2D_AddVertex.

After ObjSpriteList2D_CloseVertex is called,
ObjRender_SetAngleZ affects the all of OBJ_SPRITE_LIST_2D object vertices.

I assume he means you need to use the CloseVertex function in order to 'transform' the List2D into a "solid" sprite in order to apply the ObjRender functions. Anything called before the close is only applied to the next added vertex? Wiki roughly explains it the same way as well but cryptic. Perhaps some important note needs to be put on the SpriteList2D page / function?

« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »
Damn I didn't use use StartItemScript... I was thinking LoadItemData/ReloadItemData did the same thing... maybe they can add a patch to where they start item scripts if it hasn't already been called.  But I think that could be troublesome in ways I can't see.. Thanks for the help, and next time I'll use the code function

Shadow

• Forever waiting for tomorrow
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2014, 01:12:35 AM »
I've run into a bit of a problem. I'm using an Item Script to handle bullet "breaking" effects, but since this method relies on using EV_DELETE_SHOT_TO_ITEM to retrieve the bullet's ID as it's itemized, it obviously only works when I use ObjShot_ToItem or a player's bomb. Is there a more generalized way of making it so it works whenever a bullet is deleted, i.e. via standard Obj_Delete? Or am I missing something obvious? ^^;

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2014, 09:00:19 PM »
If all you want is the effect, you don't need items to pull that off. Basically what you need is two tasks. I personally handle this within the system script. Task 1 is what you will mainly call. Use task 1 to store all of the bullet ids on the screen using GetShotIdInCircleA2(x,y,radius,TARGET_ENEMY); save that to an array. Then ascent through the array calling task 2 which is where the break effect will play. You can use GetShotDataInfoA1(bullet id,TARGET_ENEMY,INFO_DELAY_COLOR); to set the color, this will return an array. Once you have all of the information you need from the bullet, make sure to delete it. Usually after setting the position of the effect is where I delete the bullet. You would use task 1 in @Event case(EV_END_BOSS_STEP){} will run everytime the boss has finished pattern so call it there.

You can also use events for manual bullet deletion by calling task 2 directly.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:03:27 PM by Infinite Ultima Wave »

Shadow

« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »
If all you want is the effect, you don't need items to pull that off. Basically what you need is two tasks. I personally handle this within the system script. Task 1 is what you will mainly call. Use task 1 to store all of the bullet ids on the screen using GetShotIdInCircleA2(x,y,radius,TARGET_ENEMY); save that to an array. Then ascent through the array calling task 2 which is where the break effect will play. You can use GetShotDataInfoA1(bullet id,TARGET_ENEMY,INFO_DELAY_COLOR); to set the color, this will return an array. Once you have all of the information you need from the bullet, make sure to delete it. Usually after setting the position of the effect is where I delete the bullet. You would use task 1 in @Event case(EV_END_BOSS_STEP){} will run everytime the boss has finished pattern so call it there.

You can also use events for manual bullet deletion by calling task 2 directly.

Sorry, that's... not quite what I meant there. I already have a way of parsing all of this information into the effect task itself; the issue in this case is having the effect appear whenever a bullet is deleted in general, as opposed to solely an end-of-boss-step task that manually spawns the effect through GetShotIdInCircle and arrays. To achieve this, I used to run a background task that updated variables for an individual bullet's position on a frame-by-frame basis (and other miscellaneous information such as color and scale) that ran the bullet-breaking task after a while(!Obj_IsDeleted) loop, but this was... a bit on the "insane and inefficient" side of things, so I resorted to using an "Item Script" (which is more of an "effects script", really) to handle that remotely through events.

My problem right now is that this only works when the bullets themselves are itemized, as this allows EV_DELETE_SHOT_TO_ITEM to be notified and call my bullet-breaking task, but not when the bullets are deleted normally. This poses a problem because some player scripts have deathwaves that solely use Obj_Delete, and I would have to use ObjShot_ToItem everywhere instead of Obj_Delete for the effect to appear, so I was wondering if there was a more universal way of achieving this.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2014, 04:42:50 AM »
From what you're describing it seems like an incompatibility with player scripts. This is one of the reasons I created my own players, because I could not be bothered with such things as you're describing. I suggest building a player script that can support this. There is no way to really get around that. Not unless mkm added an EV_OBJ_DELETE that would call everytime an object is deleted. From there you could just run the same info as you normally would. I would advise you to make a request out to mkm to add such feature in the next version of ph3. To be honest who knows when it will come out, its been 3 months and alot of requests have been sent out to him. Probably has his plate full on that, I'm hoping he can find time to get it out soon for us.

Shadow

« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2014, 05:02:11 AM »
From what you're describing it seems like an incompatibility with player scripts. This is one of the reasons I created my own players, because I could not be bothered with such things as you're describing. I suggest building a player script that can support this. There is no way to really get around that. Not unless mkm added an EV_OBJ_DELETE that would call everytime an object is deleted. From there you could just run the same info as you normally would. I would advise you to make a request out to mkm to add such feature in the next version of ph3. To be honest who knows when it will come out, its been 3 months and alot of requests have been sent out to him. Probably has his plate full on that, I'm hoping he can find time to get it out soon for us.

Hmm... I see. Well, that's certainly troublesome, as I can't find an easy way to circumvent this without falling back to my previous method. I'll try to contact mkm with that feature in mind then. Thanks for the help~

EDIT: A quick glance at ph3's "unimplemented features" changelog on the official site reveals that an "EV_DELETE_SHOT" has already been requested somewhat recently. Time to wait warmly, then...!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:14:06 AM by Shadow »

Drake

« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2014, 06:34:30 AM »
It isn't just you that would like this, Riverbed Soul Saver (which was released just last week) also only has bullet delete effects on itemization, which they only do at the end of boss attacks and during the player bombs.
I was looking for a method to do this but we're pretty limited at the moment to either wrap around Obj_Delete(), or wrap around shot object creation using essentially your previous method on a bullet-by-bullet basis rather than dealing with the drudgery of a huge list of bullet info. You simply can't know when a bullet will be deleted, so you can't trigger extra events or run tasks at those points. It's just going to feel like you're back to 0.12m until we get an engine event for object deletion.

Ultima: Why would you go through that when you could just call DeleteShotAll() or DeleteShotInCircle() using TYPE_ITEM?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:18:21 AM by Drake »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2014, 05:44:21 PM »
Ultima: Why would you go through that when you could just call DeleteShotAll() or DeleteShotInCircle() using TYPE_ITEM?

I'm talking about a way he could've gotten around player scripts that, as he said, deletes shots using Obj_Delete instead of ObjShot_ToItem by having an event that is triggered whenever an object is deleted, or atleast whenever a bullet is deleted.

Drake

« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2014, 10:56:54 PM »
No I mean your way of finding bullet objects in some radius then looping through them to start tasks and getting the shot data info and whatnot. It wouldn't get around the problem they're talking about regardless (you seem to have been mistaken about the problem when you suggested it), and it seems rather roundabout and excessive when itemization already pumps the bullet object and its final position directly to the event. This would also be the proper course of action if and when an EV_DELETE_SHOT event is implemented.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:00:32 PM by Drake »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2014, 03:31:21 AM »
Oh I gave him that advice based on what I do for my scripts. I don't use item scripts for such things. I grab object ids gradually in a circle (similar to how DDC does it) and just pass them through a task that sets the effect object in it's place and with the proper parameters.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2014, 12:18:34 AM »
With the new release of PH3, we got a little neat thing called High-level shader language. Through the given examples by mkm, you can do the following:
Easily turn everything monochromatic
Vanish things at certain points
Most notably making a burn/aura effect that is very processor friendly.
Of course there's more you can do with these, but these are the examples given by mkm.

High level shader language, however, is a different coding language that is compatible with Danmakufu, so it may be in your best interest to learn it, however it is not required, and you can just easily go through the example scripts and mess with them, like I have done.

I can't wait to see what everyone makes with these new capabilities.
(note- I posted this so people know what it is that came with the update, and how to possibly pick it up, so this may answer some questions.)
(Note- If you'd like to, Infinite Ultima Wave has created a Skype chat to help others learn it and you can join by pming Ultima, GTbot, or myself. )
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:55:46 PM by PhantomSong »

« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2014, 12:08:24 AM »
Another question regarding language discrepancies: is there a way to replicate the SetDamageRateEx function from 0.12m in ph3? I'm making an IN phantasm stage, and there are those two kinds of fairies which have orbiting familiars, which have this function applied to them. Thanks!
Normal 1cc's: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB + Phantasm, IN, MoF, TD, DDC
Phantasmagoria Trues Clears: Standard Regular
Goals: Phantasmagoria Trues Unseen Standard 1cc, MoF XNM, MoF XNF

Drake

« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2014, 12:41:03 AM »
Familiars aren't implicitly defined anywhere, so it's just a matter of setting extra hitboxes with ObjEnemy_SetIntersectionCircleToShot() at the familiars' positions. You can't set the damage rate this way but you can always just increase the parent enemy health accordingly.

« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2014, 08:28:29 PM »
I tried that, but it spawned a new problem: when the fairy dies from familiar damage, the core's texture remains forever, even though I specified it to delete and it normally does. Here's the code I'm using for the animation (from TH8's image rips): http://pastebin.com/L5tQHaUE

Drake

« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2014, 11:26:31 AM »
I don't quite understand what you're doing. Is red supposed to be a parent enemy and core is a familiar "enemy"? Why is core being set to red's position? Why is the death condition for red when this looks like the familiar handling task?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2014, 02:16:54 PM »
I am also to be honest quite confused with that code. judging from the parameter you're passing , red is an obj made outside the task (global enemy obj?). The nested task is confusing me.

You might want to post your entire code if possible and explain us what exactly you're trying to achieve.

« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »
Here is the code for the enemy itself. Red in the animation code is the familiar body (like the hexagram part) and I'm using the red wispy animation as its core, which is animated separately. Probably should have mentioned that with my weird naming scheme.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:48 AM »
You're only showing us a snippet of your code. redAnim(enemy); is being called but I cannot trace it anywhere.

I am extremely confused by your bracket placements.

At Line 24 you are deleting the enemy. Then you're calling at Line 28 ten times a function which has to pass the enemy object to the next task? This is impossible because you deleted your object.

Edit: Discussion on irc with Drake made me see what I missread/seen. Ignore the above.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:09:32 AM by Helepolis »

Drake

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2014, 11:38:42 AM »
Okay so dying from "familiar damage" shouldn't really do anything different. All you've done is made several hitboxes for the parent enemy so they should all work the same.

What happens (I think) is that you kill the parent enemy, then in orbit(), ObjEnemy_GetInfo(enemy,INFO_LIFE) <= 0 so the fam object is deleted. Then in redFam() it sees the red (fam) object is deleted and stops, so the ObjEnemy_GetInfo(red,INFO_LIFE) <= 0 trigger isn't hit and so the core object isn't deleted. The coreAnim() task doesn't care either and keeps animating it.

What's more is that since the familiars have significantly more health than the parent, the parent will die before the familiars do (which also leads to the above).

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2014, 11:30:20 AM »
Thanks so much! I never thought of it like that.  :V

Mahou Shoujo Nel!

• Mahou shoujou
  • Well, let the Mahou begin Trinity!
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2014, 11:22:02 AM »
Hey, its me again ,Nel.
I wanted to ask if anyone can help me with the coed of this animation:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/536/B3yqlS.png ?

I tried to Use the AnmLib of GTbot, but due to the lack of english-skills ,i didn't get it...

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2014, 08:58:57 PM »
This is by far the weirdest problem I've come across. I've been trying to make a Seija battle. One problem: I can't access the spritesheet or sound effects. I attached the folder containing everything related to the script I've written. I've no clue what's wrong.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2014, 10:40:02 PM »
It seems like you've modified the files inside the default_system folder that's included with Danmakufu- I highly advise against ever doing that. The default system is there for when scripts don't include their own system or shotsheet, so Danmakufu defaults to using the default_system scripts.

If you wanted to add your own shotsheet or system, you must include the files with your script. If you modify or add the files to default_system, no one else would have the modified files, and packaging default_system with your script is silly.

(Unless you're making a whole game or packaging your script with Danmakufu, you shouldn't mess with default_system)

let bulletwave = csd ~ "../SE/BulletWave.wav"; LoadSound(bulletwave);"../" gets the previous directory, as opposed to the current one, which you want in this case (which is "./", or "GetCurrenScriptDirectory", in this case you'd want to use GetCurrentScriptDirectory~"path"). By the way, to use "../" properly, you'd want to do something like "./../", so that it gets the previous directory of the current directory.

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2014, 11:53:06 PM »
Oh my god. I copied the function_lib out of a different script folder and forgot to edit my pathing. I didn't touch the default stuff, I'm just an idiot. :V

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2014, 12:53:54 AM »
Quick question:

How do I remove Danmakufu's default stuff like the game frame, the player and score numbers, the default enemy lifebar, etc?

Drake

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2014, 02:08:30 AM »
You make a System script. If you make one apply through #System, the one from default_system won't apply. It's really just another generic script that runs the "system" functions you want. There isn't anything particularly special about it besides being automatically run alongside whatever uses it. You can look at default_system/Default_System.txt (and Default_System_MagicCircle.txt) for the default system script. If you only want to change specific things, copy the contents to a new file and edit that. It isn't a good idea to modify the existing scripts without at least making backup copies.