Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 112365 times)

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 1]
« Reply #240 on: July 14, 2011, 03:47:59 AM »
Suggesting is the wrong term, really. More like... implying? Mentioning? I don't know.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #241 on: July 14, 2011, 03:53:47 AM »
Just has been a fairly polarizing player. While his own play has been holding his cards fairly close to the chest, the discussion generated about Just has some telling things going on. I'll also admit Just's lynch will help me more directly get a read on One's alignment, though admittedly I need to do a reread to figure out which way I'll swing there. I'd prefer to save that for after having a flip. Rereads tend to sap my will to play the game, and I'd rather keep myself at 100% during the mafia days (Yeah, I know, something new I'm trying) I'm aware of the disadvantage being I could potentially die tonight.

One has also been a polarizing player, and also has ties to other players he's originated. From an information standpoint, he's a better lynch. I just can't honestly say my scum read on him is stronger than my read on Just.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #242 on: July 14, 2011, 04:03:47 AM »
My Non-Mala reads:

I'm willing to lynch Xix. While he hasn't done anything I found particularly scummy, he hasn't done anything I found particularly good either. His first content post was almost entirely reactionary, and while his case on Mala in his second content post is fairly good, I would appreciate more depth in his other reads. I would like to know if there are any players other than Mala he would be willing to lynch and why, and I would like to know why he changed his mind on Moonin. I'm having a hard time seeing where he's coming from, which makes him suspicious.

I don't find Moonin particularly suspicious, and I would oppose his lynch at this time. While brief and infrequent, the posts he does make have brought up quite a few good points. I would like to see him post more frequently though.

While I am having some trouble parsing the content of Just's posts through the ~☆, I'm noticing he's bringing up a lot of original points on One and a few on Depore as well. I've gotten a neutral read on him now that he's posted; I wouldn't oppose his lynch, but I'm not particularly in favor of it either.

Depore and One are very hard players for me to judge properly, and the strangest thing about them is how divided town is about them. We have Just and Demon Navarus on one side thinking Depore is more town, and Moonin and Iffrita on the other thinking One is better. Frankly, they're both somewhat suspicious. They both had bad votes on Xix, and they both had no vote out for half the day. I found Depore has been consistent in her reasoning, which while as Navarus pointed out is not as good a town tell as I might like, it is better than One's vote for Yuan.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #243 on: July 14, 2011, 05:07:31 AM »
Before I turn in for the night:

Mala, Miya, One, and Depore:

Moonin, Ifrita, and Yuan are unlikely to be lynched today. We need to start compromising if we're going to get a lynch, bringing our votes together until we have a player that the majority of us would be satisfied seeing lynched.

Of Mala, Just, One, Depore, and Xix, which would you each be willing to vote for, and which would you like to see lynched the most?

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #244 on: July 14, 2011, 05:21:17 AM »
Silence!  I'm a princess I can spell however the bleep I- (ok I'll get it right from now on)

85.  Xix at the time read to me as flailing derp town.  The cases that  made him a wagon were also super terrible, Ms. book.  It made me question the motives of the wagoners since bad cases on one of my town reads was just... bad.

Mother's 87.  Hmm, fair enough.  You are the ONLY person with a case though~  The fact that his wagon has now dissolved into thin air only further cements my read of derp town with a bunch of bad cases on him that caused Xix to explode!~ 
I like how you think you can have it both ways on some people though.  Scum is perfectly capable of making "decent cases" and I do not intend to clear Iffrita for being able fo do that! ufu <3  The having it both ways that she has been displaying is outwieghing everything else she's done that people seem to think she looks good for~
Mommy is #1 scum, but no one wants to lynch her with me.  I'm watching you!~

One had the worst easy jump onto Xix in my opinion and I'm even furthered to believe this after his 97.  After his explaination for his Xix case, which apparently doesn't exist, I'm still not buying he legitamitly was voting Xix because he thought Xix was scum.
Now he starts BSing reasons. 123 mob mentality... you're dropping Xix completely because his wagon is disapating and you've realized it was a terrible case with a terrible wagon? ufu  It's almost like you're making excuses or somethi-
Oh wait you are!
129 classic example of scummy deflection.  Your post basically went, "yeah but what about MIYA!  She only posted once!"  Yeah... and are you not taking the content of my post into account when you say that, since quality is much better than quantity.  Whole ordeal is just defense, he's making no attempt to try and find scum during that entire spat with Yuan, so consequently it's scummy.
##Unvote:
##Vote: One

Moonin's 104 was good and I don't find him suspicious now.

Depore: I don't want to pursue right now because she shows conviction behind he actions.  Even if what she's doing is wrong and silly at times, I can see earnest new townie intent in her actions because at least she's trying to pursue something.  When she makes the little remarks about Yuan here, she shows enough conviction that makes me believe she has town intent even if the vote on Yuan is silly~  So the cases people are trying to make on Depore, I'm not buying it.

Just~
First your wrong point about me defending Mala.  Look again.  My suspicion of the Empress was not because she "held onto suspicions of Mala," that's a rediculous misrep.  I voted her because her reasoning on Mala was strange and not making sense the way I read it.  That coupled with her hypocrisy about Depore and Xix made me vote her so thank you for that~  87 did clear up Iffrita's thought process for me about Mala though. 
Speaking of misreps, you seem to be good at them 137.
Why it takes you constant poking and prodding by the other players to get you to speak about people and more poking to get you to say if they are scummy or not is something I do not like about you.  Scummy don't like.
Bet that I will get behind this lynch.

Mikhail!  Have you seen through my guise already!? D:

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #245 on: July 14, 2011, 05:25:31 AM »
Uh...what?

Miya, I have no idea what's going on in your post. I'll ask this before I head to bed though. Did you mean to link my post when accusing Just of misrep? Or, uh, did you mean to start a new section on me and got sidetracked somewhere? I'm kind of confused here...

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #246 on: July 14, 2011, 05:26:01 AM »
Miya, I have no idea what you're trying to say you suspect me for. Elaborate, please.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2011, 05:32:57 AM »
Why don't you something new Nav-tan~☆ Instead of lynching for information let's lynch scummy players for being scum~☆

I think I figured out why a wagon hasn't formed. No one wants to be third~☆ And cut by the princess has taking the  leap. I keep being told I'm misrepresenting. Words have different interpretations. It did look to me like you waited until Iffri-chan moved her vote from Mala to attack her. I maintain that everything I've pointed out is what I believe to be true~☆ Besides my points on you what do you think of what I've actually said? We seem to share alot of opinions.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #248 on: July 14, 2011, 05:39:33 AM »
Votecount the Eleventh - I <3 u too Bard

One (3): Yuan, Just, Moonin, Yuan, Miya
Mala (2): One, Orwen, Iffrita, Xix
Moonin (1): Xix, Mala
Depore (2): Moonin, Iffrita
Just (2): Book of the Past, Mala, Xix, Navarus, Book of the Past
Yuan (1): Orwen, Depore, One
Xix (1): Miya, Just, Moonin, Iffrita, Depore, Mala, One, Mikhail

Navarus (0): Depore, Mala
Book of the Past (0): Mikhail
Orwen (0): Navarus, Book of the Past, Mikhail
Iffrita (0): Miya, Yuan

Not Voting: Depore

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
You have about 18 hours and 20 minutes until Night 1.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #249 on: July 14, 2011, 05:55:42 AM »
@Miya: Oh wait. I think I can kind of tell what you're saying, actually.

It seems more like you're attacking my apparent methods of scumhunting without checking how they are applied or whether or not they actually fit in with your case. I had more reasons for my vote on Xix than him simply "voting an easy target" that would make the same case invalid if used on my Xix vote. You're thinking of Depore's case, not mine. Beyond that, I disagree that Xix was as easy of a target as Moonin, and I even described why Moonin was a bad target when I explained my case. I kind of think that there's more to your case on me than meets the eye which I can't really defend myself against (ie, gut), because otherwise I can't imagine you'd be pushing me as your top scum pick when your case on One seems more substantial.

The Depore point in your first post I can't really defend against other than by saying that I was tunneled on Xix hard at the time.

I still feel the One case is mechanical and am not happy that it is the first case to take a push over 2 votes. Some Depore votes would be nice about now. It bugs me that Miya is giving Depore a pass for having conviction when aggressive newbscum are obviously going to have conviction, otherwise they wouldn't be aggressive. ... That, and I disagree her conviction is truly there in all situations. Even though she maintains an appearance of having a consistent case on Xix, her vote lacks the conviction she has with her cases. Note how easily she was shaken off of Yuan, despite her initial aggressiveness.

Actually, now that I look at it again, Depore's entire Yuan unvote could easily be interpreted as newbscum trying to avoid pissing off a player she judged as being volatile and likely to get on her case in reaction. I'm not okay with it.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2011, 06:18:46 AM »
Iffrita's idea just above: No,  I'm accusing you of sitting on the fence on things you can easily swing either way on and these are what make me think that.
Quote from:  Empress 106
Moonin's post made me realize the players I had as my two alternate suspects in my #87 were the first two people to vote Xix seriously... hm. I strongly believe that Xix's play has been blatantly terribad so far and am surprised people have been giving him passes, but the way the other players jumped onto his wagon is starting to make me doubt myself.
Quote from: Empress 159
I'll concede that I was probably wrong on Xix, if only because a second look at Depore's vote makes me feel like the Xix wagon was a construct being used by scum for an earlygame push. If I turn out to be wrong on Depore I'll probably reconsider. Xix still needs to post some better content, though. I will rage if we end up letting him coast by on all the passes we're giving him.
You either were wrong, or you weren't and watching you do this multiple times is making me see scum intent in you.
Quote from: just above
I still feel the One case is mechanical
What does this mean?

As for this thing: "Speaking of misreps, you seem to be good at them 137."  That was supposed to be edited out so pretend it isn't there because it's stupid.

Just, we do have the same opinions about things.  But to get them out of you was like pulling teeth and that's what concerned me and makes me think you are scummy.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2011, 06:28:52 AM »
The reason that the first post happened in the middle of the day was because Moonin's post made me realize I was probably being too unwilling to consider other possibilities regarding my Xix case. Which I'm pretty sure I was, seeing how my stances are now fairly different. In #106 I was about to go to sleep but wanted to give the town some sort of notion that I was reconsidering, as to help people understand my thought process if I did indeed choose to drop my Xix tunneling the following morning.

Where is the scum intent in the second post coming from? The problem with saying that I was either wrong or I wasn't is that I have no way of telling which is the case until flips come into play. I'm not sure why you think I have clairvoyance as to everyone's alignments, unless you built up that case already under the assumption I was scum. There still seem to be communication difficulties here.

I already explained why I dislike the One case in my #234.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2011, 06:36:38 AM »
Shortened version of the defense of my #106: I realized Moonin had a point about the Xix wagon, but still wanted to believe my side held water. I was about to go to bed and didn't have the time to re-read, so I made a post implying I was reconsidering to tell everybody that I intended to sleep on it.

I don't this was really fence-sitting so much as laying out my thought process somewhat. I might have written out my post poorly when I made it, though.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2011, 07:06:35 AM »
You're all ungrateful. I feel no incentive to finish writing about Xix Mala and Orwen before sleep claims me. Short story being I would vote Mala over Xix and save Orwen to tomorrow. I'm annoyed Mala joined the callouts on Xix-kun and myself then disappeared right after my posts appeared. Not interested in my answers? Her suspicions are all the wagons with her vote being on none of them. Lol? ( ?∀`)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #254 on: July 14, 2011, 07:54:03 AM »
Votecount the Twelfth

One (3): Yuan, Just, Moonin, Yuan, Miya
Mala (2): One, Orwen, Iffrita, Xix
Moonin (1): Xix, Mala
Depore (2): Moonin, Iffrita
Just (2): Book of the Past, Mala, Xix, Navarus, Book of the Past
Yuan (1): Orwen, Depore, One
Xix (1): Miya, Just, Moonin, Iffrita, Depore, Mala, One, Mikhail

Navarus (0): Depore, Mala
Book of the Past (0): Mikhail
Orwen (0): Navarus, Book of the Past, Mikhail
Iffrita (0): Miya, Yuan

Not Voting: Depore

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
You have about 16 hours until Night 1.

Moonin has been prodded. 5 out of 13 players have now received prods. I am growing annoyed.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #255 on: July 14, 2011, 08:08:30 AM »
Cutting myself, wheeee.

Just, if you do have opinions on Xix, Mala, and Orwen, I highly suggest you share them, or at least give a short summary. My main issue with you is that you are pushing a case and vote on someone I think is more than likely town (One), when I think you have pretty good cases on other people that you could be voting for. I'll expand more on this in a bit.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2011, 08:12:47 AM »
In particular, what makes you think that One is newbscum, as opposed to newbtown? I find the overall complete lack of opinion to be more frustratingly bad than scummy. If One was scum, he would at least have buddies who would give him something to work with. It's not like you're all pillars of towniness here.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2011, 08:18:20 AM »
I just gave you an opinion on one of those. Xix is the same reason as before. He has two jokevotes before his flailing panic. Yes I know his vote on Moonin seemed like an attempt to be serious. Wasn't serious enough for me~☆ Orwen just isn't interesting when I glance over him. He seems logical. Regarding One I'm not going to unvote scum doing scummy things because of pressure from other town when I haven't seen One in ages. Who else would you vote for Book?  I have no idea why you think he's town still. He's tried to form an opinion with votes a few times. See his current vote on Yuan. Which you agree with?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2011, 08:26:40 AM »
I'm not a fan of the vote on Yuan, but I can see where it's coming from.
I do realize that One's disappearing act looks quite horrible, and I really wish he would get in here and bloody post something so I can see if my read is still justified.
As for who else I'll vote for, I'll get to that in a bit. I'm probably going to be switching to Xix in my next big post because the thing is, aside from your vote on One, I'm mostly agreeing with the rest of your opinions.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2011, 08:28:48 AM »
Figures I'd come back to enough posts to fill a second gen pokedex.

It'll probably be 5 hours before I finish reading, and another hour before I can post something helpful. By then, I'll be heading for bed.
For now, Still leaning Depore or Mala, but my case is probably outdated.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2011, 08:43:43 AM »
Ugh. Fine I don't want to argue about it anymore. If One-scum posts something decent I'll switch. This would have the added benefit of denying Nav-tan of both his flips and letting him feel my frustration.  (?・ω・`)

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2011, 08:47:13 AM »
Forgot to address this:
He's tried to form an opinion with votes a few times.
Right, he has, and they've been pretty weak votes overall. But I think they look earnest, like he's trying to look for scum intent and is just being miserably bad at it. This is clearly a point of disagreement.

Cut by Just, sure, fine by me. If One fails to impress with his next post I might even change my mind, woohoo. Anyway, my original point was that it felt like you were giving up in #253 (or stalling, as it may be), and I like my fellow players to be active debaters. :3 Stay and talk with us!

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2011, 09:29:22 AM »
I've been... divining a little too much and I'm tired.
People appear to be wondering about why I switched to Moonin after dropping Xix. I dropped my vote after Xix was placed at L-1 and decided that instead of leaving my vote floating around on nobody it would be better to place it on Moonin to try to get a response out of him.
What do I dislike about Moonin, some of you ask? His first vote was a late random vote or so it would appear, anyway. His vote was placed onto Xix, who had the second most votes at the time. He proceeded to continue to vote Xix and, when questioned by Xix about his lack of content, he simply responded with a statement asking Xix to be more gentle with his words. His next post is where he jumps onto One's wagon with a good point involving One's suspicion of Xix being founded on the inability to defend himself from random votes. In #104 he states that he feels like giving Xix a pass due to the "bad intentions" he feels from the votes on the wagon. These bad intentions, I assume, belong to myself and Depore. He says that he regards One's action as a null tell because he believes that One did not mean to place Xix at L-1. What he appears forget though, is that he had been accusing One of having a bad case one Xix. Moonin then proceeded to switch to Depore. Note that this occurs only after several people have questioned Depore's motives.
After his first series of posts, he was questioned about his lack of content to which he replies that he is simply being concise and that he is not withholding information from us. Yet in the previous posts he fails to mention anything about the players outside of who he is voting for. Every post of his from the second post onwards had been in the midst of serious discussion and there were far more people participating than simply One. His most recent post is not very helpful either, hopefully when he returns he will have something more to say.
In summation, I believe that Moonin backtracked (is this the right term for it?) on his stance on One and has been voting opportunistically whilst contributing little to the discussion.
As for Just: His first serious vote was an easy case on One. Despite the fact that he raised valid points on other players at the time, he went for the easy vote and camped there. He does not bother to put any further effort into his One case. He simply tells people that One should be lynched instead whilst poking and prodding several other people.
Depore hasn't said anything of note since I posted #169 and so my case remains the same.
I will not be around for the deadline and so, if I am unable to get a wagon on Moonin started before I must take my leave, I will switch my vote to Just as it appears as though the most likely lynch for today will be either myself, One, Depore or Just and I believe that Just has the highest likelihood of flipping scum.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #263 on: July 14, 2011, 09:35:11 AM »
Cut by Mala. Why Moonin over everyone else? What do you think of his Depore vote? Also, what do you think of Just's recent content?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #264 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:18 AM »
Because he refuses to aid me with my divination I think his actions are the scummiest.
There isn't much I can say about Moonin's vote on Depore. After placing his vote on her he hasn't said much at all. I find it strange how he seems to acknowledge that Depore has a case, yet words his paragraph about Depore to make it seem as though the only reason she voted for Xix was because she disliked Xix's tone.
In regards to Just's more recent posts I'll admit that they look solid. However, the stars tell me that Just is likely to be scum, so I'll believe in them for the time being.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »
Orwen's latest posts give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Enough to drop him for today.

I realize a lot of what I don't like about Depore are the repeated promises to deliver content without actually delivering. Being a new player and being unsure of yourself is okay, but not having opinions is not. Stop playing the newbie card and get in here and make cases (this applies to One too, by the way). Anyway, I'm not sure how to explain it, but I get more scum intent out of Depore's posting than from One's. This post is waffly in terms of scum reads. Depore is more typographically elegant, but hell, I can get more opinions out of One's posts than Depore's. I'll try to clarify this later, but I'd appreciate if people who are comparing the two would read them side by side; I want to see where people agree and disagree.
@Depore:  Depore, could you share your updated scum reads? Don't worry too much about making your cases good enough or being the paragon of scumhunting; as long as what you post makes sense and is decently logical, it should be fine. Otherwise, not providing cases looks like scum stalling.
I could probably support a wagon on Depore, but I want him to post first.

I dislike how Mala has kept her vote parked on Moonin for the longest time, but her recent explanations seems valid enough that I'd only grudgingly support her lynch (say if One was the only counterwagon and I still had a town read on One). The Just point raises an eyebrow, but eh whatever. I'm going to reread her again tomorrow after Moonin posts. Ah, I almost forgot. What do you think of Xix?

I don't like Xix's follow-up post. Is this all you have to offer, after all this time? The content in that post is the case on Mala, and I don't get the same intent from it as I do from say, Orwen's post. It looks like nitpicking at wording. I'd like for Xix to respond to Mala, and I want to see how his case has evolved. The rest of the post reads as filler and padding.

Just is looking better now, but she should still keep talking.

##Unvote
##Vote:Xix

As another note, something about Miya feels off, but I'm not sure what it is yet. Something to do with conviction blah blah. I'll reread her tomorrow when I'm not dead tired.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2011, 10:22:36 AM »
Actually, Mala, here's a better question. In the likely event that neither Moonin or Just will be lynched, whose lynch would you support?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2011, 10:34:42 AM »
Xix? I love the guy. He's so helpful when it comes to divining.
I would prefer to see Depore lynched over Xix. Xix is starting to look better with his more recent post but his early game still consists mostly of... very little.
The main thing that I dislike about him is that a lot of his content is simply answering other's questions and defending himself.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2011, 12:13:47 PM »
O Miya, I was using the power of the moon!

Anyway, I'm glad the Xix wagon is being reanimated, but unfortunately I won't be around until 2-3 hours after the deadline from this point forward.

I kept flip-flopping on my Mala read from could be town---could be scum and back again.

Since Orwen is safe for today, and his recent posts are better (I haven't yet considered their full implications yet), I'd vote

Xin #1
Depore #2
One #3

Well Since I am leaving soon to start the next camp day (GOOOOOO CHESSS!)  I can only pray Xix gets some more votes.  I find it odd that some of the same people that voted him are now protecting him.   Xix = Shadoweh aBGM D1 early wagon 2.0 (I wonder how Just would feel about that).

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2011, 01:11:06 PM »
@Book of the Past: I have no idea who you want my opinions for. So suggest someone. Also if you have a basic layout of what you want answered then that'll help since I obviously can't make cases very well (it is my first time).