Author Topic: Diplomacy the Vanilla Kind (Call America, Germany wins!)  (Read 31885 times)

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
Re: Diplomacy the Vanilla Kind (Call America, Germany wins!)
« Reply #330 on: July 26, 2011, 07:05:15 AM »
Might as well ask this now.  Dorian, Why did you betray me?  And at that, Why did you bring up a personal relationship to try and justify it.  That really wasn't cool.
Well Schezo already summarized my reason, you can use as much of your ?oh my god chainsaw in front of not me? mafia terminology as you want. But same player spot doesn't means same alignment here, that's why I changed my plans.

(All the relationship stuff was random RP.)

I am interested in why Austria didn't finish off Germany while she was weak though.
Same answer here, or do you really want to know why I didn't killed the only potential ally in the case that it comes to an conflict with my former ally?

This should also help to bring some light into the darkness, the comments I add to my orders ITT how I entertained the Mod. Enjoy!

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1901
I'm not sure if you want to know about my proceedings so here is just a quick overview:
Yonowaaru (Russia): I offered him a alliance and he accepted it so far, details aren't completely elaborated.
Shadoweh/Kitten4u (Germany): I offered her a ?cessation of hostilities? and spend a lot of time on IRC with her yesterday, conclusion: That girl is dangerous!
ActionDan (Turkey): He is interested in Greece but don't trust me, I think that will change next turn.
Kasunagi (France): Well he told me that he plans to attack Italy but wasn't sure how, we will see about that.
Colossusketch (Italy): I ask about his plans, didn't get an answer. Now he has my full attention if he like it or not.
PX (England): We arranged an ?Information Exchange agreement?.
Well that's it so far.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1901
Well things doesn't turned out as I expected them to do. However I worked out an alliance with ActionDan, we will see how this turns out. I will also continue my ?info fishing? maybe I get something useful for a change.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Winter 1901
Obvious orders are obvious, I spend a lot of time on Shadowehs IRC channel again, by the way you are now officially invited to join us there. We also finalized our  tactic against Russia, PX offered support in the north, well the buffet is opened.^^

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1902
I'm afraid that there isn't much to say about this turn:
ActionDan (Turkey): Our strategy stands now we can begin with the execution.
PX (England): He was quite vague about his plans, but when he said the truth about France (it implicates that England is political isolated), than he can be useful.
Kasunagi (France): He doesn't answered my question, but his builds are unsuspicious, he is probably just busy.
Shadoweh/Kitten4u (Germany): We are talking more about Mafia than Diplomacy, maybe a good thing cause I don't know how long I can hide my ?scumy intentions?.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1902
There wasn't much negotiations this turn, so let me try to summarize the current situation:
Italy is mostly incapable of acting and will be a easy victim for Dan, France tunnels on England and Germany picked the thinnest bottleneck that was available for her expansion. My Ottoman friend proved himself as solid ally and England depend on our goodwill. Briefly worded IT'S PERFECTO!
The only thing that could rain on my parade is a backstab from Dan, but I don't see why he should do that.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1903
Again not much negotiations, I neglect this game too much since Shadoweh coaxed me to join a mafia game with her aka. enslaved me. Do you have an idea how difficult it is helping her there while plotting her downfall here? However one more turn and the masquerade has an end.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1903
Oh dear what is the difference between AM and PM again, I think i forgot it.
Sorry mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1904
What a mess, well I need to change my plans and to get in a better position to defend myself. Why does he have to replace out in an moment like this? Well now is the outcome open again, we will see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1904
Well I'm not sure if it was the right decision to change my ways that drastic, kinda feels like I deny myself an safe victory, but such an victory would be too boring anyway so whatever.
Shadowkitten gives me an headache, first they were plotting with Kasu against PX then with PX against Kasu and now alone against both. However they will be too busy to deal with me, and I offered Kasu advices if he should think that ?Germanys plans aren't in his best interest? so I have still options to keep them busy.
The negotiations with Conqueror wasn't too long nor successful, Dans paranoia annoyed me already enough and now comes Conqueror and bluntly called my ?measure of precaution? an ?act of aggression?. Well that got him an AEIOU which sand for ?Austriae est imperare orbi universo? that's Latin and means ?Oh my god you suck?, OK it actually means ?It is Austria's destiny to rule the whole world? but that doesn't make any difference here, does it?

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1905
Well there isn't much to say about this turn. PX offered me help but I have no idea if he is serious or not and Kasu plans his Italy invasion for next year so it's questionable how helpful he will be. I assume that I will lose Venice and Trieste this turn but I will maybe get Sevastopol for it, well we will see about it.
Conclusion: The situation is desperate but not serious.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1905
It's pretty much all or nothing for me this turn, they say that hope dies last but that only means that everyone else is already dead. PX gives me an headache, I don't think that he has even the slightest idea in what a mess of a situation his big talking in the game thread put me in.
Apropos talking in the game, Shadoweh said that my performance were amazing, or was it amusing? Well she don't know that it was at last half true, I really wanted renegotiations with Conqueror but he wasn't interested in it at all. In retrospect was his reaction way to confident for my liking, good he was in the better position but not that much better, Kasus and Colossusketchs support would be nice but not enough and PX and Yonowaaru were already lost cases at the time, so when he expects real help then it only laves ?
That's such an irony, isn't it? Well we will see about it.
PS: I hope that it wasn't too melancholic for your taste.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1906
That's not good at all, I spend all my pre-downfall melancholy on the last turn. Well I don't expect Shadowkittens to betray me this year anyway, it isn't the right time for it.
Well I've done most of my proceedings this winter, it was really not that easy to convince Kasu of my ideas but I think that it was worth the trouble. Provided that he really goes with the plan what is always questionable in his case. And I spend the last two days talking with K4U about the sharing of Russia. She doesn't seems to be at the topic yesterday but she and Shadoweh agreed to my plans at the end. My plan is simple, I will give up on Bul and Rum to get Mos an Sev in spring then I hold Mos and Sev while trying to get Rum, Bul and/or Tri back in fall. Don't worry if you don't get it, it will make more sense when you see the actual orders, or at last I hope so. Well we will see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1906
This turn is so messed, up you don't even know. The only think I can say for sure is that Conqueror has either insider infos about my conversations with Shadowkittens or the best timing in the history of ever. Yes that means that I didn't talked with him at all, but no one will believe me so what does it matter? I can not even offer a prediction. Well we will see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1907
Well there isn't anything to say about this turn, there will be more next time but only if our anti Germany conspiracy works and that depends on Italy, it's such an irony isn't it?

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1907
That's now the ?Kronprinz Rudolf? suicide route, well the offer for an anti Germany conspiracy was pretty much an now or never opportunity. Conqueror rejected it now he has to accept the consequence.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:04:07 AM by Dorian G. »
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #331 on: July 26, 2011, 09:33:47 AM »
<05:42:21> ‎"Conq‎"‎: > I really wanted renegotiations with Conqueror but he wasn't interested in it at all.
<05:42:22> ‎"Conq‎":‎ What
<05:42:26> ‎"Conq‎"‎: He never even contacted me
<05:42:27> ‎"Conq‎"‎: >:<
<05:42:32> ‎"Conq‎"‎: What a baldfaced lie.
<05:42:52> ‎"Conq‎"‎: I would have accepted his tendrils like a jilted lover.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dorian White

« Reply #332 on: July 26, 2011, 12:23:02 PM »
Of course I'm a liar, did you ever considered that I expected you to contacted me first? Or that I use the priority you give it to judge your intentions? I mean you had even time for an ?Introduction Speech?, but your so desired ally needed to wait 10 hours more to get a PM? And what a PM it was, generic greetings and questions you send to everyone plus two lines of flavor/RP stuff. Guess what I thought about you at this moment. Good I was already in a bad mood and I maybe overreacted a bit, but that doesn't changes the fact that you were way to quick with your declaration of war.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #333 on: July 26, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »
That really doesn't explain why you turned on me... while I was still in the game.  I hadn't replaced out yet when you moved your forces away from Germany's borders and closer to mine.

And even before that you didn't cut support in Munich, allowing a Russian army to retake one of Germany's home supply centers.  I was quite faithful the entire time.  I could understand if perhaps you had a diplomatic reason for your betrayal, but you left me with this.

To put you in the picture, a friend of mine ask me for the favor to spare Germany till England is done. I'm not pleased with PX utterances in the game thread at all, so I'm more than willing to grant him this favor. That leaves the question how am I supposed to do this without risking our victory. Do you have any suggestions?

Dorian von Habsburg

As for your RP with Conqueror.
PS: Do you put Conqueror in to the picture or shell I do it? Or isn't he interested to continue our cooperation?
About Conq:  Feel free to PM him about wishing to continue the alliance, but I'll inform him of it anyway and ask that he win with you.  Whatever happens afterwards will be up to him however.

.... So do you really believe that Conq was totally new and couldn't decide what was best for himself?

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #334 on: July 26, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »
*hugs Dorian* :3 Tsun~
Breaking you an Conqueror up was surely the most villainous thing we did all game.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dorian White

« Reply #335 on: July 26, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
That really doesn't explain why you turned on me... while I was still in the game.  I hadn't replaced out yet when you moved your forces away from Germany's borders and closer to mine.

And even before that you didn't cut support in Munich, allowing a Russian army to retake one of Germany's home supply centers.  I was quite faithful the entire time.  I could understand if perhaps you had a diplomatic reason for your betrayal, but you left me with this.

As for your RP with Conqueror.
.... So do you really believe that Conq was totally new and couldn't decide what was best for himself?
Are you kidding me, I should have moved all my forces into Germany? Leaving my homeland unguarded and neutralizing the only one who could help me when your replace decides to go for a solo victory, no thanks.
Also, did you ever heard of the word discretion? I thought PX was bad but serious it seems that I told you already to much.