Author Topic: Touhou: A Pokemon Journey  (Read 3003 times)

touhouguy59

• Novelist of Hearts
Touhou: A Pokemon Journey
« on: February 11, 2012, 08:02:46 PM »
Touhou: A Pokemon Journey

Prologue: Journey from Gensokyo
[/u]

Gensokyo. A world that quietly exists beside ours, divided by a mystic barrier. A utopia where humans and other beings such as fairies, youkai, and gods live somewhat peacefully together. Every summer, there is a large feast at the shrine of Reimu Hakurei, the shrine maiden who guards the border of Gensokyo, and the shrine becomes filled with guests from all over Gensokyo. Summer is approaching Gensokyo once again this year.

At a shrine with a red Tojii at the front, people and other people-like beings are gathering. It is nighttime, but the place is lit with paper lanterns. There is food spread out on a long, low-lying table and red and white yin-yang orbs hanging everywhere. The people sit on futons, some of them were already tempted to start eating. But, they knew they had to wait.

Eventually, they were saying, ?Where is she?? or ?When will she get here?? or ?You can?t make the strongest wait much longer!?

Soon, though, a young girl came from the inside of the Shrine. She had ebony black hair with tubes collecting her bangs. She also had a pair of earthen brown eyes. She had on a red and white silk dress, a red and white ribbon in her hair, a pair of white silk sleeves that hung down  from her arms, and a pair of black shoes with white stockings.

?Well, it about time, Reimu!? a girl leaped onto the table.

This girl had a black witch?s hat covering her long blond hair and golden eyes. She had on a black tank top over a white shirt, a white apron covering a black dress, a pair of white socks, and a pair of pitch black shoes.

The first girl, now known as Reimu, giggled.

?Sorry to make you wait, Marisa.? she giggled again before saying, ?You might want to move your foot.?

As the second girl did so, she realized she had stepped into her own food. Marisa lowered her hat down in embarrassment as the whole table just burst into laughter, even her best friend, Reimu.

Suddenly, a bright light flashed from the Hakurei Shrine. Reimu rushed inside to see what was wrong. When she got in there, she saw cracks appearing in the walls. THE BORDER WAS BREAKING! She rushed outside and saw that even the nighttime sky had cracks in it.

?The border is breaking!? the Shrine Maiden exclaimed.

?I saw that this day was coming.? one voice said calmly, despite the immediate danger they were in.

When everyone turned their heads to see who said that, it was revealed to be another girl. She had long blond hair under a pink mob cap and dark golden eyes. She wore a pink and violet dress and a pair of black shoes with white stockings.

?Yukari. What do you mean?? Reimu asked the girl.

The girl, now known as Yukari, answered by saying, ?I mean that I knew that the Hakurei Border was going to eventually break.?

?You knew!?? Reimu yelled at her, restraining herself from smacking her upside with her Gohei, ?And you didn?t tell anyone?!?

?I didn?t know exactly when it was going to break. But, when it did, I did have a plan to transport everyone to safety.? Yukari answered calmly.

?Well, you better do it quick, because I think it?s about to break.? Marisa said nervously.

And indeed, as Marisa had said, the Border had almost broken.

With a wave of Yukari?s hand, a banner with red eyes on it appeared under everyone. And not just on the Hakurei Shrine grounds, but under everyone in Gensokyo. As they all fell through it, the border had broke.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Touhou: A Pokemon Journey
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:13:06 AM »
[redacted]

[ruro]Calling a writer out like this, without their explicit consent to post in a public area like this, is incredibly disrespectful and shaming and needs to be taken to more private channels, like PM. A repeat performance of this will not be tolerated.[/ruro]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 07:48:25 AM by Kusakabe Ruron »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »
[redacted]

Begging your pardon there, cap'n, but no one is obliged to be following anyone else's critiques, and it's a little petty to get upset at a writer for apparently ignoring your advice. If you're admitting that the tone your taking here is in part for this reason, I'd suggest not taking it so personally the next time someone doesn't seem to want to follow your advice on writing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 07:48:45 AM by Kusakabe Ruron »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 01:56:05 AM »
I think what he's really complaining about is that this is a pure reposting with no changes of any kind.

[redacted]

Just think of it as being like this.

[ruro]Sorry your link is all out of context now.[/ruro]

Context: capt. h. was saying that he wanted to see what the border breaking would look like.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:15:38 PM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 07:49:58 AM »
I think what he's really complaining about is that this is a pure reposting with no changes of any kind.
Doesn't change the fact that it's absolutely not appropriate to complain like that to a writer in public the way he just did. This discussion stops here.

Edit: Let me elaborate because I need to be less vague with my promises: Anyone who tries to start this again is getting probated or worse. This thread is for a story, not for bickering. If you have any issues, take it to PMs.