Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 225834 times)

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #510 on: January 25, 2015, 05:00:12 AM »
That's how FF games are. Always have been. As for the fingers, first time I've heard anything about anyone complaining bout that. o_o

Hmm...strange. Then the files SHOULD be working, did you get the Vanilla Pack? You need that for certain. Also, depending on what music type you chose (which you can change at various save points with the flute), you'll get different music. If you chose Extended/Extra, then you won't get the right music if you don't have the Extended Music pack.

Oh, those. Shouldn't have to worry about the bars behind the HP/MP, that's just the current amount of HP/MP compared to max amount. I can't do anything bout those.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #511 on: January 25, 2015, 05:03:57 AM »
That's how FF games are. Always have been. As for the fingers, first time I've heard anything about anyone complaining bout that. o_o

Hmm...strange. Then the files SHOULD be working, did you get the Vanilla Pack? You need that for certain. Also, depending on what music type you chose (which you can change at various save points with the flute), you'll get different music. If you chose Extended/Extra, then you won't get the right music if you don't have the Extended Music pack.

Oh, those. Shouldn't have to worry about the bars behind the HP/MP, that's just the current amount of HP/MP compared to max amount. I can't do anything bout those.

• Well, if it is that way.
  • I swear that I've downloaded and extracted the vanilla pack into the "Music" directory under the directory with the installation.
  • Not being able to do anything about the healthbars is a sign that the engine you are using is flawed and you should have used another.
  • What am I supposed to do after seeing Daiyousei? The enemies near where she had left are too strong to defeat.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #512 on: January 25, 2015, 05:10:00 AM »
2. Hmm...so it looks like this for you then???

3. That's just how 2k3 is handled. You can see other things for the HP/MP/battle bars in the System2 folder (it uses the FFIV one right now). People told me to dump 2k3 and go to VX Ace or XP, but seeing as I was already halfway through the game, that'd been too much of a hassle to change makers.

4. Eh?? You are at Misty Lake, right? The enemies shouldn't be too big of a threat, even if you didn't visit the village. Otherwise, go visit the village and get yourself some equipment, items, and skills. Also, hint for you: Make sure to check out Hakurei Shrine fully. There's some goodies hidden around there.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #513 on: January 25, 2015, 05:17:57 AM »
2. Hmm...so it looks like this for you then???

If it doesn't, then I might as well detest Marisa, Nitori, Youmu, Yuyuko, and Suwako.

3. That's just how 2k3 is handled. You can see other things for the HP/MP/battle bars in the System2 folder (it uses the FFIV one right now). People told me to dump 2k3 and go to VX Ace or XP, but seeing as I was already halfway through the game, that'd been too much of a hassle to change makers.

4. Eh?? You are at Misty Lake, right? The enemies shouldn't be too big of a threat, even if you didn't visit the village. Otherwise, go visit the village and get yourself some equipment, items, and skills. Also, hint for you: Make sure to check out Hakurei Shrine fully. There's some goodies hidden around there.
I was speaking of the 5 insects with poison abilities.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #514 on: January 25, 2015, 05:21:58 AM »
Well, which music choice did you pick at the start of the game?? Vanilla or Extended? That might help a bit.

Oh, those guys? Those guys aren't really that bad. They're the hardest things there, yes, but not that bad.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #515 on: January 25, 2015, 05:33:01 AM »
Well, which music choice did you pick at the start of the game?? Vanilla or Extended? That might help a bit.

Oh, those guys? Those guys aren't really that bad. They're the hardest things there, yes, but not that bad.

• I tried both, and the music doesn't play consistently.
  • What kind of strategy would you suggest then?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #516 on: January 25, 2015, 05:35:15 AM »
1. Huh...that's very odd then. Well let's see. Can you tell me at which points the music isn't playing?
2. The simpliest way is to use Magic Missile or Fantasy Orb to defeat them quickly. Or bring along some Antidotes/Ps from the shop in town. Having Reimu's Yin-Yang Orb weapon helps a lot as that gives First Strike.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #517 on: January 25, 2015, 05:46:21 AM »
1. Huh...that's very odd then. Well let's see. Can you tell me at which points the music isn't playing?
2. The simpliest way is to use Magic Missile or Fantasy Orb to defeat them quickly. Or bring along some Antidotes/Ps from the shop in town. Having Reimu's Yin-Yang Orb weapon helps a lot as that gives First Strike.

Misty Lake, some battles. Human Village plays after a few seconds.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #518 on: January 25, 2015, 05:47:56 AM »
Human Village one is supposed to take a little bit to kick in I believe. But some battles huh? Reimu's theme should be playing at all times for now...

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #519 on: January 25, 2015, 08:42:21 AM »
Human Village one is supposed to take a little bit to kick in I believe. But some battles huh? Reimu's theme should be playing at all times for now...

Actually, it's inconsistent, even with the same BGM.

(BTW do the maids respawn when you re-enter the SDM while looking for keys?)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:48:11 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #520 on: January 25, 2015, 08:52:50 AM »
That's...weird. So it sometimes plays Reimu's theme but othertimes doesn't? This is only in Misty Lake so far, right?

And yes, they do respawn.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #521 on: January 25, 2015, 08:56:55 AM »
That's...weird. So it sometimes plays Reimu's theme but othertimes doesn't? This is only in Misty Lake so far, right?
Actually in most areas.
And yes, they do respawn.
Okay, this is going to be hard.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #522 on: January 25, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »
In most areas??? That's bizarre. That shouldn't be happening at all, it should be playing perfectly. This is the first time I've heard of this actually happening. So it'll play sometimes, but not all the times...but it DOES play sometimes, right? @_@;

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #523 on: January 25, 2015, 08:11:31 PM »
In most areas??? That's bizarre. That shouldn't be happening at all, it should be playing perfectly. This is the first time I've heard of this actually happening. So it'll play sometimes, but not all the times...but it DOES play sometimes, right? @_@;

Indeed. In case I did do something wrong, it would be useful to provide an installer to automatically install everything.

Also, save points don't work, or are you supposed to manually pick "Save" while on it? I completely forgot about that possibility.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #524 on: January 25, 2015, 08:21:52 PM »
The problem with that is I'd have to make a new installer each time I make a new patch, and with how often I make new patches for the game, that'd get really tedious (hence why I don't do it that way. That, and I know that most people don't want to fiddle with installing the game on their computer and whatnot). Still, that's really weird that happens. Ok, some questions to see if I can't discern where this stems from:

1) Does this happen after battles for maps?
2) Does this happen when transitioning between areas?
3) If yes to the above, does this happen if you go back and forth between rooms?

The one for battle makes absolutely no sense as again, I've never heard of this issue with battle music seeing as regardless of the music choice, it should be working flawlessly...

It's manual, you have to go into the menu after stepping on one to save (you can also save on the world map, same thing there).

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #525 on: January 25, 2015, 08:31:14 PM »
The problem with that is I'd have to make a new installer each time I make a new patch, and with how often I make new patches for the game, that'd get really tedious (hence why I don't do it that way. That, and I know that most people don't want to fiddle with installing the game on their computer and whatnot).
Still, if you do it right, then you won't have to make many changes to the installer for each update.
Still, that's really weird that happens. Ok, some questions to see if I can't discern where this stems from:

1) Does this happen after battles for maps?
2) Does this happen when transitioning between areas?
3) If yes to the above, does this happen if you go back and forth between rooms?

The one for battle makes absolutely no sense as again, I've never heard of this issue with battle music seeing as regardless of the music choice, it should be working flawlessly...
  • Yes.
  • Yes.
  • Don't think.
It's manual, you have to go into the menu after stepping on one to save (you can also save on the world map, same thing there).
Would be pretty useful if a dialogue box showed up to ask you if you wanted to save, though, if that's possible.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #526 on: January 25, 2015, 08:39:00 PM »
The problem is though, the game's only 50% done, so there'd still be a lot of changes I'd have to do regardless. That's why it's in the format it is right now, so that whenever new things come out, which they will inevitably do, it's easier to release the patches that way. It's not too bad doing it the way it is right now, just have to download main game, then just the music and put it in a Music folder. That's it. If you can, screenshot your TF folder and let me see if there's anything wrong with it (like how I screenshotted mine). If it's not something related to that, then I don't know what's wrong.

Hmm...have you only tested this at Misty Lake? Have you tested it in any other areas of the game?

It's possible, though again this is following how Final Fantasy does it (you have to manually save in there as well).

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #527 on: January 25, 2015, 08:47:01 PM »
The problem is though, the game's only 50% done, so there'd still be a lot of changes I'd have to do regardless. That's why it's in the format it is right now, so that whenever new things come out, which they will inevitably do, it's easier to release the patches that way. It's not too bad doing it the way it is right now, just have to download main game, then just the music and put it in a Music folder. That's it. If you can, screenshot your TF folder and let me see if there's anything wrong with it (like how I screenshotted mine). If it's not something related to that, then I don't know what's wrong.

Hmm...have you only tested this at Misty Lake? Have you tested it in any other areas of the game?
It can happen in any area.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #528 on: January 25, 2015, 08:49:40 PM »
Then I've no idea what is going on then. @_@;;

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #529 on: January 25, 2015, 09:04:01 PM »
Then I've no idea what is going on then. @_@;;

Well thanks.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #530 on: January 25, 2015, 09:06:34 PM »
The only thing I can think of right now is that your computer may not be up to par to play games super well? I know I had a tester who has issues playing 2k3 or a lot of things on his computer without things having a fit (especially if he plays in full-screen resolution). If the problem persists with it in other areas of the game, do let me know and I'll have to really take a look into the game to see what is really going on. Again, first time I've heard of issues going on here with music like this.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #531 on: January 25, 2015, 09:17:13 PM »
The only thing I can think of right now is that your computer may not be up to par to play games super well? I know I had a tester who has issues playing 2k3 or a lot of things on his computer without things having a fit (especially if he plays in full-screen resolution). If the problem persists with it in other areas of the game, do let me know and I'll have to really take a look into the game to see what is really going on. Again, first time I've heard of issues going on here with music like this.

Wait, might it be due to locale issues or something?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #532 on: January 25, 2015, 10:11:19 PM »
Locale issues? What do you mean?

« Reply #533 on: January 25, 2015, 10:28:32 PM »
I saw this thread come alive again so I thought I'd play around a bit on my "finished" save game file. I went all the way back to Misty Lake (all music playing just as it should), but as soon as I entered a fight there, the battle theme started but the screen went black and the error message "The file mistylake cannot be opened". Clicking OK on the error message sends me back to the title screen. I assume this is a problem Fluffy8x is not having, so maybe there something wrong with the late game version of the map? I'm fairly certain I have the latest patch (July 3rd) too, unless some were posted outside of this thread. All the other areas I tested combat in worked just fine.

Oh and one random bug I'm not sure I've mentioned before: using Keine's Hakutaku form will fully replenish her MP after the fight.

I also have to ask: any ETA on the next beta release yet? :)

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #534 on: January 25, 2015, 10:38:34 PM »
Locale issues? What do you mean?
Did you test on Japanese locale?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #535 on: January 25, 2015, 11:07:56 PM »
@Kaitani: The most recent version is from September so you're pretty far behind. Best to update your game and see if that happens again.

As for that bug with Hakutaku, I'm going to have to really look into that command as it's all sorts of buggy. Might just outright remove it for the time being until I can get it sorted out (or just dump it outright). As for ETA, none yet. Still got a loooot of eventing left to do (Ruins of Vina is well on its way to being done though with the maps) and still don't have much help in terms of updating maps or whatnot. ^^;

@Fluffy8X: No, I never used any locale as I never had to. You don't need Japanese locale to play this game at all.

« Reply #536 on: January 25, 2015, 11:23:08 PM »
Oh, I'll patch up the game and see if it still happens.

As for that bug with Hakutaku, I'm going to have to really look into that command as it's all sorts of buggy. Might just outright remove it for the time being until I can get it sorted out (or just dump it outright)

I have an idea to work around the problem if you can't fix it properly. Make Hakutaku form's MP really low (like 50 at max level) and scale all MP costs for Hakutaku skills so they can still be used. If the system works as I think it does, after the battle is over Keine will have that low amount of MP left, which could be thought as a penalty for activating the special form.

EDIT: "you're pretty far behind" wasn't totally accurate since my update patch was version 1.120 and the latest one is 1.121. :P
But anyway, that did indeed fix the problem. Nice-looking new background picture in Misty Lake battles!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:33:01 PM by Kaitani »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #537 on: January 25, 2015, 11:34:47 PM »
Well, considering that a lot happened between July and September, it's quite a bit. Lots of bug fixes, map updates, etc. ^^;

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #538 on: January 30, 2015, 11:27:07 PM »
Well, the music suddenly worked (I had fewer programs running), and I finally found another barrier key.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #539 on: January 30, 2015, 11:28:35 PM »
Hm...you aren't using AppLocale either, right? The Barrier Keys do require you to search high and low for them, and there are 5 in total (you start with one, the other 4 must be found). They shouldn't be too hard to find though.