Author Topic: Tsukumos modernized  (Read 1943 times)

Stifled Voices

• Nobody needs to say hello to me.
  • I try to speak, but I can't...
Tsukumos modernized
« on: March 18, 2014, 12:15:16 AM »
Remember how the Tsukumo sisters were directly created by the Mallet incident (probably accelerated the 100 year cycle), and found another power source with Raiko's help (Raiko is a tsukumogami drum who got a modern drumset and outside world magic (whatever that means, magic there hasn't been the same since science))?

So the question here is, what would you imagine a modernized Benben or Yatsuhashi be like if they got another instrument from the outside world? What would be their new instrument? Will they wear shoes? How will their clothing style change?

Yes, I know canon will screw me over because the Tsukumos already got a new power source (but why are they using the exact same instruments in the extra stage then?), but I like thought experiments.

Re: Tsukumos modernized
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 04:40:12 AM »
Guitar and Bass? Not exactly the same things, but maybe similar enough to work?

Or maybe there's a secret Biwa and Koto rhytm game that's immensely popular in some circles but unknown to anyone else...?

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 03:57:38 PM »
Music these days is so highly processed that I think they'd be personifications of a synthesizer and a computer program.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 04:12:17 PM »
Guitar and Bass?
Yeah, I was gonna say this, too. Seems like the obvious choice.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 04:59:37 PM »
Yeah, I was gonna say this, too. Seems like the obvious choice.

A multi-neck guitar and a 6-string bass.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 06:15:30 PM »
What do you call one of these: http://i.imgur.com/jTDqBsl.png

Why not something like a keyboard for Yatsuhashi.