Author Topic: Age of Ishtaria  (Read 2877 times)

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
Age of Ishtaria
« on: August 29, 2015, 07:32:18 AM »
Hello! So, does anyone know Age of Ishtaria? It's a Collectible Action-RPG Game.

You summon units and then send them to battle the monsters and clear up the Storm. Accompanied by Meru and Salix, gora!

Gather the same units and you can evolve them into even more powerful units!

When I play I have found this game's similarities to Touhou:
-Set in a magical land, although not secluded like Gensokyo
-Mostly female units, but there are a few males
-Genderbent version of mythical figures from various European lore, making the cast mostly female
-Some units look similar to our fellow girls, coincidence?

Alice or Shanghai

Sanae

Welcoming newcomers, discuss events, scout potential units, share unions, etc.
Collect the units and drive off the Storm!

One can trade, but please no Real Money Transactions, do so in PM.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Re: Age of Ishtaria
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 04:48:25 PM »
Ah yes... I have the game on my phone with some powerful units in tow however I've gotten a bit bored of it and some of storymode battles are how should I say this... NOT FUN TO FIGHT.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 07:07:26 PM »
'these cards have similar hair colors and are moderately close in hair style, COINCIDENCE?!'

yes

a lot of that is general coincidence actually and really loose, no need to try so hard we are all capable of indulging interests other than touhou

fuck if you really want to sell this game you should just continously post pictures of salix and all of her terrible puns

because salix is a gift.

Ah yes... I have the game on my phone with some powerful units in tow however I've gotten a bit bored of it and some of storymode battles are how should I say this... NOT FUN TO FIGHT.

Pretty much every storymode boss is ultimately a gimmick fight. Fuck, almost every boss in the game is a gimmick fight.

It's really just knowing what their gimmick is and how to beat it. For a few it's dumb obvious and others it requires remembering that certain card combinations (Such as pound/pound for the atk debuff) exist in the end.

It peaks at the library's boss if you're there, atleast. No ones as much of an asshole as that guy. Except maybe the school event boss...

It's one of the few things that spice up the game's really bland gameplay in the end.

tldr; replace op with salix pictures, bosses are gimmicks

jackalope best girl everyone else go home

(whoops i revealed my secret shame)

jester147

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:20:17 PM »
fuck if you really want to sell this game you should just continously post pictures of salix and all of her terrible puns

because salix is a gift.
No better release more versions of Ishtar and Metatron and call it a day.

jackalope best girl everyone else go home

(whoops i revealed my secret shame)
Whoops we have a bunny lover here.

Chaore

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 12:35:32 AM »
No better release more versions of Ishtar and Metatron and call it a day.

I wish that wasn't an inevitability. There's so many designs we could do instead, and we're gonna see a lot more ishtars because she's basically a title character.

Whoops we have a bunny lover here.

Shame more relating to playing this game, mind.

I'll imply rabbits are the superior species any day.

jester147

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 01:02:08 AM »
Guys, what do you think about the current UvU? The new summon, the Elite Pack, and others.

How does your Union perform? Mine is currently not good as the members had scattered for only this UvU, don't know if we would be together again in the next one. At least we cwn still hold on our own.

Chaore

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 09:58:53 PM »
The elite pack is extremely...well.

It's more whale advantages :v If they atleast keep the 'limited units' that give special skill boost singular it'd be fair, but as is it's just more whale bait. Not that most of our top needed it.

Possibly worth investing into if they keep them constant.

Titan is... better for the map than lorelei, -really- dumb in practice due to animation lock and double tapping it. A proper guild can just deny you any assault chances while you're low and come back. He's kinda silly.

Unions doing okay, we're looking like we might get a single of the 7* again, might not. Atleast, we should get the full 6*.