Author Topic: On a certain fangame project by a certain developer  (Read 71803 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Re: On a certain fangame project by a certain developer
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2015, 04:05:09 PM »
This is why I steered clear from this thing. I knew something was bad from the start, making a very mediocre game that needed funding that can probably compete against Unreal Tournament 1999.
It's times like this I'm glad to be part of the lighter fanbase of this community.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2015, 01:51:51 AM »
I still dont understand which privacy law is FSS referencing to regarding the requests to show us the email from Ruw. Kinda hypocritical since he tried to smear bad name on a lot of people by showing people PMs and names publicly..

He said that showing emails or PM is not allowed unless 140 days have passed, or the messages are reworded slightly (hence the edits in that video)

I did a quick search on laws regarding email privacy, and it only states not to disclose emails with sensitive information or if the sender personally requested it not to be disclosed.

I asked which privacy law is he referring to in his FSS' facebook, and he seems to ignore it now. Any of you know if there really is a privacy law like he said, or if it is juat another excuse?

« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2015, 02:54:34 AM »
That is the site I found as well, but I got a different impression on the law.
Right above the passage quoted by Saijee, it is written that
"Disclosure of contents of e-mail by the recipient is not a crime, unless there were disclosure of classified material to unauthorized persons."
In short, as long as it does not contain any sensitive info, there is no reason for Saijee to be sued. I think Saijee is just using the slightest hint of restriction as an excuse. Where did he get the "140 days limit" and "okay to disclose as long as it is reworded" he stated in the Facebook page anyway?

EDIT: I wonder if Japan has similar laws regarding disclosure of emails
EDIT2: He also said that the email he got is partially in English, so there is minimum chance of misinterpreting
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:00:22 AM by Eigerblade »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2015, 04:07:06 AM »
Any possible misinterpretation is what he wants to continue being a moron.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2015, 10:18:59 AM »
Wow... just wow

Haven't ventured into touhou related parts of the forum in a while, but I wouldn't have imagined something of this scale happened.

Hope the negative effect on MotK, members here, and RaNGe are minimized.
The community here is awesome and it's disheartening to see this happening to it.

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2015, 10:56:54 AM »
Wow... just wow

Haven't ventured into touhou related parts of the forum in a while, but I wouldn't have imagined something of this scale happened.

Hope the negative effect on MotK, members here, and RaNGe are minimized.
The community here is awesome and it's disheartening to see this happening to it.
I say we're still going strong, maybe stronger than ever.

At first I thought the game had some potential, despite a few things I disagreed with. Then came the crowdfunding incident and his attitude, despite how nice everyone was as possible.

Feeling sorry for those who are getting manipulated into the wrong ideas about this incident.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2015, 12:37:02 PM »
It seems the video has been taken down.

« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2015, 01:52:31 PM »
Guess again.

He just wanted to clear out the negative comments.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
    • flan.moe
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2015, 02:02:05 PM »
Guess again.

He just wanted to clear out the negative comments.

Supposedly a reupload to clear out the names he left in. There's still plenty of names in, though.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:03:36 PM by Flandre5carlet »

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2015, 02:04:40 PM »
I love the disclaimer saying "if you're watching this version, someone other than FSS took the video down".

Drake

« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »
meanwhile as many people have pointed out if you go to the original link it says "this video has been removed by the user" rather than any notice it would use for an actual takedown

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Miky200

• Now until The Moment You Die.
« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »
meanwhile as many people have pointed out if you go to the original link it says "this video has been removed by the user" rather than any notice it would use for an actual takedown
Then he reuploaded it to get rid of negative coments.He should stop oh well.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #193 on: February 08, 2015, 02:37:47 PM »
It seems the video has been taken down.
At first I was hoping he has a realization of what he was doing, guess not... now I'm just hoping someone goes to torpedo his account just to put an end to old yeller here.

« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2015, 02:54:57 PM »
I love the disclaimer saying "if you're watching this version, someone other than FSS took the video down".
And that makes me start to burst out laughing.

Oh well, let's give it another look.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #195 on: February 08, 2015, 03:04:58 PM »
I'd wonder why he didn't do a fake DMCA takedown considering it should be pretty easy on YT from what I remember, but that would be giving him too much credit at this point. :V

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #196 on: February 08, 2015, 03:14:25 PM »
Haha oh wow.

Also, pretty safe to say at this point that FSS is following this thread.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #197 on: February 08, 2015, 03:26:40 PM »
Then he really should be aware that he's just digging himself deeper now. :V

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #198 on: February 08, 2015, 03:41:53 PM »
This guy is more stubborn than a cockroach.

Pywackett-Barchetta

• Icelandic Elf Inspector
  • G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #199 on: February 08, 2015, 03:42:33 PM »
I want to say I can't believe they'd do something that pointless.

I want to.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2015, 03:47:47 PM »
Oh my goodness, are you serious? He couldn't handle the backlash so he reuploaded it?! So instead of actually taking those negative comments into consideration and making a better video to rectify the situation, this is what he'd rather do.

What will reuploading the same crap video accomplish?

« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2015, 03:48:55 PM »
Haha. Someone in a reply to the first comment reposted the comments from the previous video. So much for that.

I'm not sure what FSS expects at this point. That nobody knows they're dishonest and that their inflammatory video isn't going to draw an immense amount of negative feedback? I'd really love to know what the plan is here. I'd think anyone trying to succeed as a company/team/whatever would avoid drawing this sort of attention in the first place. Or at the very least put their grievances (imagined or otherwise) in a more constructive form than this.

But they did what they did. And when they had the opportunity to just delete the video and leave this in the past like most of us were ready to do after our initial outrage, they just put it back up with no significant changes. Guys, this was your opportunity to make yourselves at least sound credible by summing up your 25 minutes of hand-biting by "We have our differences with the people who were involved in TSSB and chose to put that period of our game's development behind us." 25 minutes respectfully condensed down into less than 25 seconds!

Well, whatever. Children will be children.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2015, 03:52:35 PM »
Then he reuploaded it to get rid of negative coments.He should stop oh well.
lol he's gonna have a lot of reuploading to do if he  wants to clean the upcoming negative comment storm, not to mention the dislikes. How desperate, haha.
btw I bet Shinesbright is the one who liked their video

@FSS people lurking on MotK : Guys, stop it, it's pathetic. You have no credibility anymore. Instead of recycling the same crap over and over again, either go on with your new game (lol) or upload an apology video and admit your faults. You're the villains here.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:05:42 PM by Suspicious person »

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
    • flan.moe
« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2015, 03:53:43 PM »
btw I bet Shinesbright is the one who liked their video
Or himself-

« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2015, 03:56:30 PM »
Look, FSS, please stop trying to cover your butts with arrogant PR videos, and just make a simple apology already.

As a former fan, from way before Touhou Smash, this is incredibly painful to watch, and it's really not fair to people who use to support your works.

Bottom line, you pissed off a lot of people. It doesn't matter how strong your argument is, you still upset many people. And you wont leave them alone, because you keep dragging this out.

Just make a simple apology, and be on with it.  Yeesh...

This is like something Sheldon Cooper would do, possibly worse? You're acting like a sociopath.

Keep pushing it, and you might piss off Anonymous. You do not want to piss off Anonymous.  I am giving you friendly advice as a former FSS fan: Don't piss off Anonymous.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:25:39 PM by Lishy1 »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #205 on: February 08, 2015, 04:07:53 PM »
Sadly I think it's pretty safe to say he's gone off the deep end.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #206 on: February 08, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »
Little bonus :
MotK has shown to have no problem deleting or altering public posts as they see fit.

Suuuuuuuuuure, Saijee. Suuuuuuure.
Trying to demonize the other party to look like the righteous one ? Why not. They seriously go from immature to downright malicious... Gotta applaud youtube folks for their fast reaction in this one...

Sadly I think it's pretty safe to say he's gone off the deep end.
More like aiming for a new record.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:44:36 PM by Suspicious person »

« Reply #207 on: February 08, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »
Although all the anons at that /jp/ thread hates what FSS is doing right now, I don't think anonymous will even care about this fiasco.
Seriously though, if they just reuploaded and said that it is to fulfill several requests to remove their names, that would be so much better than saying "our video is taken down by the big bad bullies".

Daya

• Not sure if part of the 1 percent
  • 150 Proof, 75% alcohol by vol, Minimum BAC 0.11
    • The Bunbunmaru Shimbun
« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2015, 04:20:02 PM »
I really hate to make comparisons of this nature, but this is starting to feel like history is repeating itself with the Phil Fish. (I hope this is okay to reference this)

I wanted Tokiko so bad. Maybe with even my RP group's headcanon of an SCP Agent or something (allowable via creative commons).

I can chalk up one thing if they said, 'okay oops' and move on. Ignorance for the most part would have been fine. This is not. I even had to redact my former support with everyone, telling those I said "okay nevermind, don't support these guys, due to x reason" and apologizing profusely.

I feel just dirty from supporting them. I really did, I promoted the ever daylights out of them and had to pass something around to go 'okay here's the posts, here's the problem, read for yourself.'
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:27:37 PM by Daya »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2015, 04:28:59 PM »
I get a feeling they are gonna turn into the devs of Slaughtering grounds, Day one Garrys incident, and The War Z, yes lets censor all negative comments because you don't like them. If I recall they claimed how very important YT comments were to them, well I guess that's a lie because once YT comments started going from praise to criticism we can see what he meant from his YT comment attention. I guess some devs just can't handle negativity, so they actively seek positive comments and try to keep their "fans" on their side to defend them. That's why I hate the word "fan", most people on YouTube who are "fans" just defend the people with out needing to know more because the person they are a "fan" of would never lie to them, right?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~