~Hakurei Shrine~ > Patchouli's Scarlet Library
Welcome to PSL: Hatate's Writer's Lounge ~ Rules, info and general discussion!
<< < (23/23)
Alfred F. Jones:

--- Quote from: Bardiche on October 06, 2019, 10:12:05 PM ---I wasn't referring to the age of the post. Not all people publish their writing because they want others to give them a technical opinion on it. Some just want others to read and enjoy. I'm hesitant to post feedback here because I'm not quite sure if it's... right? No one comes here to say, "Hey, dig your story, but I think if you worked on x and y, it'd become better."

--- End quote ---
Are you referring to only critiquing, technically-focused comments rather than "I loved this story!"-type comments, or are you not drawing a distinction between them? Because I think the only realistic way to say you (as a writer) aren't interested in receiving technically focused comments is by stating it up front, or maybe at the end of the work. But posting on a forum (here in PSL) means that people with accounts can post replies.

Of course, you could always ask to have the topic locked after you're done posting in it here on PSL. (fwiw AO3 does allow for writers to moderate the comments that they receive, as well as allowing writers to prohibit people without an AO3 account from replying. But I don't think they allow writers to prohibit comments on their work altogether.)

On a forum, we just kind of assume that people want feedback. I think this is the first time someone has ever said to me that they're not interested in feedback. I don't think it's wrong, I'm just kind of surprised.
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version