Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347620 times)

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #870 on: July 04, 2015, 06:18:42 AM »
Hehehe, the space invader fits.

« Reply #871 on: July 04, 2015, 08:28:03 AM »
It's got Yukari's ribbons on the ends too.

Thank you for confirming it and making sure it was not just me WANTING to see a gap.  XD

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #872 on: July 04, 2015, 10:15:07 AM »
If Sumireko sent her occult balls in Gensokyo from time to time, maybe one of them got swapped with the lunar capital orb at some point in time inside of Gensokyo. Sudden rumors about the moon landing hoax suddenly spreading sound rather weird too, since only "someone" who knows of both the moon landing and the moon landing hoax could spread it. Maybe there is some kind of "third party" involved this time ? I mean, the lunar capital orb had to end in Gensokyo in one way or another or be brought there...

« Reply #873 on: July 04, 2015, 02:20:03 PM »
Hehehe, the space invader fits.

Also, Tetris and... some spaceship.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #874 on: July 04, 2015, 02:34:30 PM »
some spaceship.
I'm about 90% certain that's the Solvalou, the player ship from Xevious, which was basically the second huge shmup that caught on after Space Invaders.

Komeiji11

• The Gloomy Power of Love
« Reply #875 on: July 05, 2015, 02:18:26 AM »
Wasn't Yukari the one who tried to invade the moon before? Maybe, since I'd assume she know about Sumireko trying to break into Gensokyo being the youkai of boundaries and all (or Maribel-Renko theories), she used that as a chance to switch the moon capital power stone to make travel there easier, someone caught wind of her scheme, and that set off this lunar invasion.

If something like that is the case then maybe this is ZUN's way of expanding on Yukari's backstory (rather than Sakuya's who I feel should be in the game somewhere...)

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
« Reply #876 on: July 05, 2015, 04:13:43 PM »
The only way I can see Sakuya's backstory or anything about her being linked to this game is if one of the bosses has an ability similar to her, like speeding up time using some sort of watch-device. Something that would connect her to the lunarian theory would be neat.

« Reply #877 on: July 05, 2015, 04:49:59 PM »
Without wanting to read too much into the circle cut, it does give you ideas. Like with Sumireko being from the present and Renko being somehow related from the future, and the Lunar Orb further being connected to that. The titular Ultramarine Orb (is that the same thing as the Lunar Orb?) allowing one to remember any detail from the past. Yukari's moon excursion through gaps in Silent Sinner in Blue. Kaguya having time control abilities. The Pointdevice mode allowing you to peek into the future.

There's a bunch of loose ends about time travel, but not enough for me to speculate. I mean, ZUN tends to improvise and bounce around with the settings, but this time around there's really the feeling of a story arc that even shows up through his sketches.

(Uh, or it's just ZUN's way of saying "here's to Touhou continuing into the foreseeable future".)
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

« Reply #878 on: July 05, 2015, 05:34:10 PM »
(is that the same thing as the Lunar Orb?)

If by "Lunar Orb" you mean the Lunar Capital's Occult Ball, then no, they are two different things. The Ultramarine Orb is the drug that Eirin gave the protagonists, the one that allows Pointdevice Mode to work.

« Reply #879 on: July 08, 2015, 11:52:51 AM »
Yo guys, I have been hearing rumors about LoLK being possibly released at Comiket 88 which is in August. That would mean that this game would be released more or less in a month if ZUN douse release it then. Hype?!  :V

I'm worried that if ZUN douse try and rush this game to meet that deadline like the one with the demo at Reitaisai that we might get a game that would need some polish or possibly be incomplete. Good games need time, especially if your fiddling around with new game mechanics like point device mode (yes, I know about after release patching like AAA game studios are doing nowadays, but come on that's lame).

Looking forward to the new music, the outcome of the story, the new characters and the new increased challenge! I am liking how the demo was going  :3

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #880 on: July 08, 2015, 11:55:14 AM »
Yo guys, I have been hearing rumors about LoLK being possibly released at Comiket 88 which is in August. That would mean that this game would be released more or less in a month if ZUN douse release it then. Hype?!  :V
Which is usually when the final products are released if you are aware of the previous games' release patterns.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 03:24:01 AM by game2011 »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #881 on: July 08, 2015, 05:11:39 PM »
I'm worried that if ZUN douse try and rush this game to meet that deadline like the one with the demo at Reitaisai that we might get a game that would need some polish or possibly be incomplete. Good games need time, especially if your fiddling around with new game mechanics like point device mode

ZUN has pushed things forward for needing more work in the past, there is no reason to believe he would release a rushed, unfinished product now.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #882 on: July 25, 2015, 10:05:43 PM »
ZUN's been tweeting a bit more about LoLK's development recently.

Quote from: ZUN
Looks like Windows Update started running while I was away from the computer. When I got back, there was a Purple Screen of Death instead of a blue one.
Works just fine after restarting, though. Eh.
I'll take it as a sign that I should tackle the last of the development pronto!
Quote from: ZUN
Whew, submitted the printed matter. Time to charge through the rest of development!
The timing of Windows 10's release was near-fatal, what with having to write the compatible OSes on the cover.

"Printed matter" probably refers to the CD labels, as was the case with Reitaisai's demo release.
Most of the web demos since MoF (save for TD, the outlier) have been released in the latter half of July, so one would guess the LoLK demo and CD cover will be posted real soon. (woo!!)

I only just noticed this, but Reisen's unfocused shot has the same name as Seiran's final card ("Lunatic Gun" / ルナティックガン). They even kinda look the same. I had thought the card was Seiran's own, but it's probably just the rabbits' standard-issue gun as depicted within the Spell Card system. That's neat.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #883 on: July 26, 2015, 12:10:36 AM »
I'll be patiently awaiting the release of the game's jewel case...

« Reply #884 on: July 26, 2015, 12:27:49 AM »
I'll be patiently awaiting the release of the game's jewel case...

Me too. I can't wait to see how people are going to try to fit Mima into the silhouette.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #885 on: July 26, 2015, 01:46:12 PM »
And we do get even more goodies (Screenshots) from the preorder page here

http://d-stage.com/shop/detail.php?seq=68519

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #886 on: July 26, 2015, 01:58:20 PM »
ZUN decided to put silhouette on Hard Mode. I cannot tell what is what, and the silhouette is cut off.

« Reply #887 on: July 26, 2015, 02:06:01 PM »
Well, from the silhouette, it looks like there's no skirt/dress, so it's probably not Mima or Maribel.

Looks like you fight a boss in the Luna City itself who has mini-yin yang orbs. Maybe one of the sisters?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:07:56 PM by Tiamat »

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #888 on: July 26, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »
Seems like she's holding 2 (flaming?) swords.
The thing in the mid-low part could be a tail or a floating piece of cloth.

The hat seems conical (like Mima's!!11!!!1), reminds me of those hats you see in movies about safari, but with a bow/ribbon like that in Marisa's hat.

Well, from the silhouette, it looks like there's no skirt/dress, so it's probably not Mima or Maribel.

I thought the same, but maybe that thing is some sort of pillar she's sitting on, with crossed legs (it would be weird to see though).

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #889 on: July 26, 2015, 02:27:56 PM »
Those bullet patterns are going to make me have to replay this game thousands of times.

Also, A Japanese-style building is in the background of one of the pictures. Lunar Capital confirmed? (as if it wasn't already)
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Tengukami

« Reply #890 on: July 26, 2015, 03:02:25 PM »
Seems like she's holding 2 (flaming?) swords.
The thing in the mid-low part could be a tail or a floating piece of cloth.

The hat seems conical (like Mima's!!11!!!1), reminds me of those hats you see in movies about safari, but with a bow/ribbon like that in Marisa's hat.

... Really? Two flaming swords?

How are you all seeing this stuff? These silhouettes are like the Rorschach test of the WTC. 

In any event, yeah, the bullet patterns look pretty uh challenging. Can anyone translate what Sanae is saying here?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #891 on: July 26, 2015, 03:15:04 PM »
"Looking at this, I don't think you could entirely call this an urban legend."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:18:12 PM by N-Forza »

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #892 on: July 26, 2015, 03:37:11 PM »
... Really? Two flaming swords?

How are you all seeing this stuff? These silhouettes are like the Rorschach test of the WTC. 

Well, this is what i see:

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #893 on: July 26, 2015, 04:01:49 PM »
^

:V

Tengukami

« Reply #894 on: July 26, 2015, 04:07:15 PM »
"Looking at this, I don't think you could entirely call this an urban legend."

Oh ho ho! Very meta.

« Reply #895 on: July 26, 2015, 04:15:06 PM »
^

:V

Heh, well, I laughed.  That's hilarious.

« Reply #896 on: July 26, 2015, 04:45:56 PM »
Personally, I see a dragon in that silhouette.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
« Reply #897 on: July 26, 2015, 04:48:37 PM »
Could someone screenshot the silhouette cover please? The site wont load for me

Tengukami

« Reply #898 on: July 26, 2015, 05:20:41 PM »
Could someone screenshot the silhouette cover please? The site wont load for me

Here's the screenshots from the cover and heretofor unseen parts of the game.

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
« Reply #899 on: July 26, 2015, 05:23:40 PM »
Here's the screenshots from the cover and heretofor unseen parts of the game.
Thank you! I must say this silhouette's the most confusing one I've seen to date. That, and to think those spellcards screenshotted are on normal mode. Yeesh.