Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347513 times)

Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #330 on: May 10, 2015, 07:05:34 AM »
This game does a MoF stage 4 style difficulty jump in stage 3. :V Feels like StB or ISC with the Groundhog Day looping. The new characters are strong on the lunar theme.

Also, Touhou music still doesn't disappoint. The soundtrack's got this majestic, royal focus to it, with organic scifi undertones. Lots of catchy melodies and playfulness giving me definite PC-98 vibes. Instrumentation is stepped up one more notch from DDC and ISC, there's lots of delightful subtleties and colorful textures.

And another music thing which pleases me personally - the mixing has improved! DDC had strange jumps and sudden stops in dynamics, but this time the palette is more even, so that instruments feel like they're playing together instead of competing for attention.

The early stage themes feel like extra stage themes already. Of course that complements the high difficulty. I almost won't dare to see how bombastic this whole experience becomes in the late game.
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

« Reply #331 on: May 10, 2015, 07:08:05 AM »
really reminded by EOSD and SA with this game.
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

Drake

« Reply #332 on: May 10, 2015, 07:10:49 AM »
ᶫᵉᵍᵃᶜʸ ᵒᶠ ᶫᵘᶰᵃᵗᶦᶜ ᵏᶦᶰᵍᵈᵒᵐ

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Formless God

« Reply #333 on: May 10, 2015, 07:16:56 AM »
Is Stage 1 Lunatic an Extra Stage?

I'm getting rekt

Also Reisen's shot is just a straight type or am I missing something

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #334 on: May 10, 2015, 07:18:30 AM »
Difficulty is a huge step up from the previous games, makes UFO look easy. PointDevice is fun for anyone but Reisen, huge hitbox makes Ringo and Doremy absolute hell. Especially Doremy.

Haven't touched legacy mode yet.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #335 on: May 10, 2015, 07:25:01 AM »
I try Reisen on Pointdevice mode. Hate...the Stage 3 Boss SO MUCH especially when I run out of bomb. It was pure hell. At least I much manage to clear it.

Spoiler:
Her spells revolve around you to stay in the centre of the stage or you might get walled. Her nonspells try to wall you with high speed big bullets. Talk about unfair.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 07:27:17 AM by Kageshirou »

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #336 on: May 10, 2015, 07:25:08 AM »
Is there a gameplay video up yet?
The only one I can find atm. You need a nico account though
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

pineyappled

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Drake

« Reply #339 on: May 10, 2015, 07:35:18 AM »
Videos confirm that the green orb stuff increases graze by 5. What I'm pretty sure it correct, is that the shadow around you while focusing is what puts nearby bullets into the timer. When the bullets are in the shadow for a little while, they give you graze orbs.

Basically this is a really interesting mechanic but it is obviously extremely milky.

Zil

« Reply #340 on: May 10, 2015, 07:36:23 AM »
Everyone and their brother is streaming it on twitch, if you want gameplay.

-

Anyway, the game looks promising to me so far. Lives/bombs seem very limited. Stages look tap stream heavy, though with item collecting they may be more interesting. There seems to be much less RNG in the patterns than in previous games. I don't understand the chapter bonuses but they seem like straightforward kill things + graze. Probably will be a graze heavy game with limited lives/bombs to sacrifice. Better than a bomb spam game, I'd think. I don't see what the reasoning behind point device mode is.

e: the Reisen bomb is dubious, however.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 07:40:39 AM by Zil »

« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2015, 07:45:59 AM »
Just 5cc'd this on lunatic.

All I'll say is that I felt like playing Len'en Absurdly Extra mode all over again!!

Formless God

« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2015, 07:52:11 AM »
Got to Stage 3's last spell on Normal. What's the extend condition? I only got one during the 2nd boss.

It's satisfying as fuck to POC a screen full of point items. Hard to pull off too because you have to be constantly grazing around the middle area. And no more bombing fests here.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #343 on: May 10, 2015, 07:54:46 AM »
dude

what the fuck is this game

3cc'd lunatic, am i pro yet?

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
« Reply #344 on: May 10, 2015, 08:00:10 AM »
Maybe my skills have just gotten very rusty but this is the hardest touhou game I've played in a while. Thank. God. I'm also in love with the themes for Doremy and Ringo, their spellcards are fun but god damn I've spent a lot of time on them on normal alone.

« Reply #345 on: May 10, 2015, 08:30:56 AM »
Let's just take a moment to remember though that TD and DDC's demos used to be harder than their final versions.  Probably Zun's way of making them entertaining instead of piss easy.

Still though, some lunatic spellcards here feel downright impossible.  If anyone finds out a way to capture Doremy's midboss spellcard I'll be very glad hearing how!

Formless God

« Reply #346 on: May 10, 2015, 08:31:47 AM »
Ugh, pointdevice isn't as easy as it sounds. Since you lose power every time you return, it's easy to get to a situation where you don't have enough damage or bombs to do anything. You only get two default bombs plus whatever the bonuses give you instead of 2 free bombs every time you respawn. I sorta gave up at the post-stage 2 midboss part where there are BOTH the streamy ghosts and the sturdy fairies that shoot pink bullets because there's no way in fuck I'm getting through that with 2.00 power.

I don't want it to get easier though.

Also I'm really not sure about bullets turning a darker tint when you approach them; makes them really hard to see. Should've made them glow instead.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #347 on: May 10, 2015, 08:35:25 AM »
From Reddit:

Spoiler:
Character titles + Additional information.

Seiran
        Pale-blue Eagle Rabbit. Moon rabbit. Ability: Power to send bullets from another dimension.

Ringo
        Orange Eagle Rabbit. Moon rabbit. Ability: Power to become strong enough to eat dango.

Doremy Sweet
        Ruler of dreams. Baku (I WAS RIGHT). Ability: Power to create and eat dreams.

Eagle Rabbits: Infiltration troops. Dangerous job with low wages, according to Seiran's profile.

And yes, Stage 3 is in the Dream World, where Doremy lives. It seems that this time around the disturbance has to do with Dreams.

What's with the 2nd boss's ability...?

« Reply #349 on: May 10, 2015, 09:05:22 AM »
Still though, some lunatic spellcards here feel downright impossible.  If anyone finds out a way to capture Doremy's midboss spellcard I'll be very glad hearing how!

Jeez, one day in and we're already throwing around words like "impossible." Hug the bottom corners to cancel most of the bullets as they spawn. Move in her direction. You kinda want full power though, the card timer is tight.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:07:36 AM by Naut »

« Reply #350 on: May 10, 2015, 09:12:06 AM »
From reading the character profiles, it seems more like the main characters are using dreams to get to the Lunar Capital.
Doremi, who supposedly guards the dream world to prevent people from misusing it, tries to stop them but fails.
I failed like at least 15 times at the Indigo Dream spellcard. And that was on normal.
Gosh, this is going to take a while to clear.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #351 on: May 10, 2015, 09:15:01 AM »
From Reddit:

Spoiler:
And yes, Stage 3 is in the Dream World, where Doremy lives. It seems that this time around the disturbance has to do with Dreams.

Spoiler:
Whelp, there goes my plans of making a dream based touhou game  :V

« Reply #352 on: May 10, 2015, 09:16:58 AM »
Dream world? GENGETSU AND MUGETSU AND ELLY HYPE ACTIVATE. just joking about gengetsu. I'm pretty sure this game will be hellish-type hard (harder than SA and UFO) and if we get gengetsu...

« Reply #353 on: May 10, 2015, 09:20:24 AM »
I just tried out the demo today. I was woefully unprepared for the carnage yet to come. I litterally got my ass whopped only at stage one, stage freaking one! I mean I just got EoSD from my cousin working in Japan an I was shocked how I lost all my lives and forced to use a continue. It got even worse in stage 2 when everything I hated about Hong Meiling was amplified by two an stage 3? Well I didn't last long either.
Am imI complaning? No I love it. I was really hopinh for Touhou to go back to the difficulty it had back at UFO or SA. I see a great potential in this game and I will definately look forward to ot. The demo was so heard I wasn't able to enjoy the music.

« Reply #354 on: May 10, 2015, 09:23:50 AM »
Spoiler:
So, could someone change Reisen's species to human for Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom in the wiki? It is incorrectly translated as moon rabbit right now.

Formless God

« Reply #355 on: May 10, 2015, 09:34:39 AM »
I got an extend at 30m (Lunatic) so it's probably score-based this time.

Other than the stage 2 boss, the bullets are really fucking fast in this game.

« Reply #356 on: May 10, 2015, 09:37:54 AM »
Jeez, one day in and we're already throwing around words like "impossible." Hug the bottom corners to cancel most of the bullets as they spawn. Move in her direction. You kinda want full power though, the card timer is tight.

Well duh, every quirky spellcard feels impossible for fellas like yours truly who don't know how to properly dodge 'em :p 

You've any advice for her 1st and 4th spellcards too? 

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #357 on: May 10, 2015, 09:46:08 AM »
Wow. This game. Pretty damn difficult, if I must say!

DDC's Lunatic demo was sort of manageable but this one definitely doesn't mess around... I'd go as far as to say this is the hardest game in the series yet. It definitely has the toughest early game, that's for sure.

...But of course once we learn all the routes and all the tricks get figured out, it probably won't be as bad.

I am having a lot of fun routing this though. And the disable mode allows for unique practice that the other demos didn't offer.

I can't wait to see japanese superplayer routes.

This game is addicting. No seriously. It's so fun.

Drake

« Reply #358 on: May 10, 2015, 09:47:11 AM »
Spoiler:
So, could someone change Reisen's species to human for Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom in the wiki? It is incorrectly translated as moon rabbit right now.
Done. The previous editor seems to have assumed this was an error and swapped terms accordingly, but I think it's likely that ZUN is instead referring back to stuff from CiLR and this is a completely intentional detail.

« Reply #359 on: May 10, 2015, 09:50:35 AM »
        Pale-blue Eagle Rabbit.
        Orange Eagle Rabbit.

Go Go, Power Rabbits!

On the demo: very, very nice. Doremy is truly pattern based, and very hard to boot. And the music is great. And Sanae's focused shot just tears through levels, feels like it has way more power then it had in UFO.

Is there any translation yet?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 10:01:04 AM by Valar »