Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 143875 times)

7TC7

• In best company
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #990 on: November 28, 2017, 11:32:07 AM »
Went for Colorless > Red > Blue > Green

got Bridal Cordelia on my free summon, Genny shortly after and Spring Xander with a Bonus Fae (finally) after i stopped caring and just summoned a whole field.
Spent only 50 of my 100 orbs so I might come back in a few days, because the Fate Children aren't any of the ones I like - Soleil, maybe, but she doesn't seem really worth it. Thought, I also don't know who I'd still want from this Banner now. Any of the reds would be pretty fine probably.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #991 on: November 28, 2017, 01:51:41 PM »
Brave Ike isn't on the banner. He was included by mistake in one of the frames of the stream instead of Ike. The 3 greens are Deirdre, SCamilla, and Hector.

Oh oops, I've been assuming that meant he was included this whole time. Oh well, still worth pulling green I guess.

Edit: I think Fjorm may have a terrible case if overly-balanced-stats syndrome. She has great abilities but she really doesn't excel in any useful areas, stats-wise.

That's not to say she doesn't have a niche, she'll be a great Reinhardt counter, and would have been a great Brave Lyn counter if not for Sacae's Blessing getting in the way again, but I think she matches up pretty unfavorably with the rest of the brave heroes.

Edit edit: On like my 110th stone I finally got my second 5*, which was a second BunCam. - HP/+DEF isn't ideal for the Gronnraven set but it's tolerable. Team Cams on Cams on Cams is now possible!

I just have to decide whether or not I want to cannibalize Halloween Nowi for her Hone Fliers, because the team isn't really anything without it...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:54:16 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #992 on: November 28, 2017, 11:23:39 PM »
I think balanced stats are underrated, especially if this "use whatever defense is lower will continue to be a thing.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #993 on: November 28, 2017, 11:54:24 PM »
Yeah that mechanic looks rad. I'm way into FCorrin's new set, she's definitely going to be the first thing I invest in.

I wrote a long and rambling couple of paragraphs comparing Fjorm to Brave Ike, but it was full of speculation. I'll just say that I think being extremely specialized is naturally advantageous in Fire Emblem and especially in Heroes, but the meta is probably about to open up a lot so we'll see what happens.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #994 on: November 29, 2017, 12:22:44 AM »
Yeah that mechanic looks rad. I'm way into FCorrin's new set, she's definitely going to be the first thing I invest in.

I wrote a long and rambling couple of paragraphs comparing Fjorm to Brave Ike, but it was full of speculation. I'll just say that I think being extremely specialized is naturally advantageous in Fire Emblem and especially in Heroes, but the meta is probably about to open up a lot so we'll see what happens.

I think it depends, you can have specialized stats if one of them is attack. If their attack is low, they're done. I'd say it's easier to be a specialized offensive unit, because you only care about two stat, where as defensive units have to care about pretty much all of them. I also think that balanced stats are better on defense teams, unless your horse emblem and you can leap across the map to nuke people. Not sure what I want to do with Fjorm at the moment.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #995 on: November 29, 2017, 12:45:01 AM »
See I would say the total opposite. Defensive teams more or less have to be extremely specified to not get rolled by the Reinhardts and Brave Lyns and Brave Roys of the game. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, we want the game to be offense-focused because it's a lot more fun than a slow and grindy meta, but the end result is that a powerful offensive character can KO way more of the meta than a powerful defensive character can tank and defeat.

Edit: Alright, got two more 5*s from the banner. Got an Ayra and a duplicate Genny. Not bad.

What should I use my dupe Hector for? I don't use my existing Hector enough to justify merging, but the Distant Counter is obviously valuable. While I'm investing in FCorrin through the refinery maybe I'll give her Distant Counter too.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:08:41 AM by commandercool »

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #996 on: November 29, 2017, 04:13:57 AM »
Oh Shiro is in, now I've got an excuse to save orbs and totally see how I don't get him
Mwahahahahha!

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #997 on: November 29, 2017, 04:38:18 AM »
What should I use my dupe Hector for? I don't use my existing Hector enough to justify merging, but the Distant Counter is obviously valuable. While I'm investing in FCorrin through the refinery maybe I'll give her Distant Counter too.
Distant counters seem super valuable now that all the breaths get the 'hits the lower of def/res at range' effect. If I had the resources, dragon emblem seems like a really fun team to build rn
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #998 on: November 29, 2017, 05:29:22 AM »
Is it just me or did Rehabilitate go from the only good-ish healing spell to probably the worst one? Now that they all heal a ton by default it's no longer needed as the only reliable source of significant healing. It no longer gives a cooldown penalty though so it's definitely not detrimental to use, but the other ones heal so much that I can't imagine the extra healing will be necessary very often.

Then again maybe some crazy HP tank builds are possible now with a lot of weapons providing a significant HP boost. Something with naturally high HP, an HP boosting weapon, and an HP seal could end up with such a huge HP pool that only Rehabilitate can heal it all the way up. I can't imagine that's ever not going to be niche, but who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be really playable.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #999 on: November 29, 2017, 05:54:40 AM »
Depends on the attack of your healer and how dangerous you usually let your HP values drop. Healers definitely got a major boost though, especially since all refined staves can now choose between wrathful and dazzling effects. It's times like this I wish I had an Elise or something, that AOE Gravity looks strictly better than Leo's tome.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #1000 on: November 29, 2017, 07:49:03 AM »
Is it just me or did Rehabilitate go from the only good-ish healing spell to probably the worst one? Now that they all heal a ton by default it's no longer needed as the only reliable source of significant healing. It no longer gives a cooldown penalty though so it's definitely not detrimental to use, but the other ones heal so much that I can't imagine the extra healing will be necessary very often.

Then again maybe some crazy HP tank builds are possible now with a lot of weapons providing a significant HP boost. Something with naturally high HP, an HP boosting weapon, and an HP seal could end up with such a huge HP pool that only Rehabilitate can heal it all the way up. I can't imagine that's ever not going to be niche, but who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be really playable.

Well, Arden is a thing.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #1001 on: November 29, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »
I'm trying to get on the healer hype train, which lead to me spending another 60ish stones for a Genny. Which I was lucky and did get. I was super lucky, I got her and then some, I got Hector for distant counter and Celica for distant def, all 3 with perfect ivs for foddering without remorse (and these three were actually from the same session, others weren't super terrible either). Now that damage isn't something I have to worry about with wrathful staff, now I just have like a million staves to choose between for Elise. I'm leaning towards Dazzling Gravity so I'll probably go for that. Full power gravity buffs to you and your friends here we go!

e: ok cool, just mocked up a defense team that revolves around dazzling wrathful gravity Elise, in this order the team is: GAzura, Elise, Camus, Sanaki. Camus has draw back so that he can both pull Elise out of range and also put himself back into GAzura's  singing range to go hurt/kill somebody. It's important that he's a physical horse unit so that he has the same move distance as Elise to be able to draw back her, but also so that he doesn't go attack anyone off himself since he has a lower attack range than she does. He's also equipped with drag back so that he can potentially drag an enemy unit into Sanaki's range to nuke. It kinda works against Elise's gravity effect, but I figure if it activates then that unit's probably gonna die. Sanaki's just my infantry ranged nuke unit. Infantry, so that she stays behind Elise and Camus. Looking forward to the results and see if it works out well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:34:15 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1002 on: November 29, 2017, 03:33:14 PM »
I'd be curious to see how that works. It depends on a lot of factors (enemies clumping up, no enemy dancers/must kill enemy dancers quickly, the presence of a non-ranged unit for Elise to pick on to trigger the gravity) but it's probably a pretty decent team without the gimmick too so it's not like you're screwed if things don't line up.

Can Elise equip Windsweep? That would probably help with reliability. I wish I had an Elise...

By the way, how does Gravity interact with Armor March? Given how Armor March seems to interact with forests I'm guessing it trumps Gravity, but maybe not.

Edit: Oh dang, you can refine Gravity+ to nullify counterattacks. Well that solves that problem.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:18:20 PM by commandercool »

« Reply #1003 on: November 29, 2017, 06:45:08 PM »
Haven't played since summer banner so it seems like they added a lot. Also this https://imgur.com/JwDptGZ she looks pretty good and the banner makes her look like a big deal

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1004 on: November 29, 2017, 06:58:43 PM »

Hmm, to eat Nowi or not to eat Nowi, that is the question...

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #1005 on: November 30, 2017, 03:38:35 AM »
some thoughts on using the new Elise,

using her effectively means your team quite revolves around her. You have Elise herself, and then the second unit who gets her out of harm's way. Most of the time you want draw back since reposition can be restrictive since she's a horse. The times you want reposition are when you use her to attack a ranged physical unit. If you draw her back against these units (bows, daggers), then she will certainly die in the enemy phase. To be efficient, some kind of distant counter reposition unit would probably be best to get in some damage against them.

Brave Lyn is an issue. If you don't pin her down with gravity, then she'll be all too ready to kill Elise or someone else in your team. She's also unaffected by distant counter so that's a problem too. You need a unit that can successfully bait and kill her asap. Reinhardt isn't an issue, Elise can take him just fine.

Elise is your floodgate, if she doesn't hold the enemy back then you'll be pressed back into uncomfortable positions. But she's also very frail, so you want to bait out units she can't deal with (mostly Brave Lyn and some other physical ranged units) and get them killed quickly. I think a solution is to use either FCorrin or ATiki for their physical bulk (although you'll have to jump through some hoops to try kill BLyn in one round) and have them be the Reposition unit of the two. Alternatively, the new Takumi has the grimoire effect built in so he might be even better since he can get Elise around tight corners by warping in whichever direction you need to pull her towards.

It still isn't really safe to jump in to get a kill since just because they can't move doesn't make the enemy units any less dangerous. But one of your units is tied to Elise leaving you with only two units to use. I think at least one flier is good since you can use them more flexibly to get Elise out of tight terrain spots, this one being your draw back unit. Having these two extras being offensive makes the fight go quicker, but enemy phase builds might be safer.

Infantry teams are a joke, Elise alone can take them with someone pulling her out of the way. Adding a dancer complicates things, but still not bad. As usual, cavalry makes life difficult, you need a BLyn counter.

Colorwise, you probably won't need any red units since there aren't any green threats that Elise can't handle. Hector is slow, Brave Ike is an infantry, and the other green threats are all mages which Elise can handle. Colorless units I think are a big problem you'll face, you need a way to deal with those physical range 2 units. And again, you need a way to handle BLyn safely. And I think honestly as long as you can get rid of her, the rest of your team only make the fight go faster. So bring whoever along as long as you have a plan for BLyn.

tl;dr BLyn is still a problem.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1006 on: November 30, 2017, 03:41:35 AM »
And unfortunately she's a very common problem.

I guess the obvious solution is to use Inigo as your dancer, but I'm guessing you probably don't have him? I'm really not a fan of Inigo, I think he's extremely overrated, but he can get the job done I guess.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #1007 on: November 30, 2017, 03:49:57 AM »
No I don't, and I've only now checked him out and he seems to fulfill his niche really well but that 140bst is really quite painful. I haven't seen a lot of him actually, I've seen more regular Azuras than him.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1008 on: November 30, 2017, 03:56:18 AM »
It seems to be a popular opinion lately that GAzura is overrated and Inigo is the *real* best dancer in the game, but as someone who has both and invested heavily in the optimal Inigo set I don't think he holds a candle. He has a very useful niche admittedly, but GAzura is useful in ABSOLUTELY EVERY situation and he feels like dead weight a lot of the time.

I mean, dead weight is relatively when it comes to dancers in Fire Emblem, they're obviously incredibly useful, so of course any dead-weight-ness is relative. But man, that BST is killer...

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #1009 on: November 30, 2017, 04:18:15 AM »
Really? Because he's ranged and has a build that can counter Rein and BLyn? Counter seems too strong a word, my impression on looking at those defenses is he'll barely live through the experience and dish out some damage in return and that's about it. GAzura's +16 on singing is a really strong sell. And you know she actually has pretty impressive offensive stats.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1010 on: November 30, 2017, 04:35:13 AM »
As someone who runs TARaven Inigo, he pretty handily counterkills all forms of Reinhardt with charged special, but needs bowbreaker to properly kill Lyn before she gets repositioned out. With bowbreaker and moonbow he could probably counterkill Lyn as well, but Cancel Affinity is still an issue, so I usually just tank BLyn with Brave Ike.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1011 on: November 30, 2017, 04:43:52 AM »
Mine has Moonbow and Bowbreaker and he can indeed kill (most?) Lyns, but he walks out of even very favorable matchups in pretty rough shape.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #1012 on: November 30, 2017, 05:06:29 AM »
Eh, well you know how it is, if the counter works then it works, no matter how badly you walk out of it. Could mean he's useless otherwise but being a dancer means he should probably be letting others do the work anyway.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1013 on: November 30, 2017, 05:37:27 AM »
True, although seeing a Brave Lyn and a Reinhardt on the same team is extremely common. And he probably can't handle them both.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #1014 on: November 30, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »
WHOOPS

I uh accidentally left out a conditional to make sure that the margins were defined before letting you create the collage. It wasn't an issue in the first version because you couldn't adjust the margins and I gave you fixed crops. This is like the stupidest issue, it's the most elementary thing to make sure of to not break something. Well I got it fixed so hitting the create button without first adjusting will give you the default crop as before, and if the default crop results aren't good, then you can adjust like usual. Persona! myself in the head.

As for your issue BT I've been trying to get an emulator going to see if I can either get specs similar to your phone emulating or be able to recreate it with something else. You said it was crashing immediately after selecting an image. My current blind guess is that there's an issue in trying to get the full path to that image somewhere along the line or something like that.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1015 on: December 01, 2017, 06:46:21 PM »
Well, I think I've committed to the idea that Halloween Nowi's getting the axe to pass along Hone Fliers. The Camilla squad is as follows:

-Camilla with brave axe
-Spring Camilla with Gronnblade
-Spring Camilla with Gronnraven
-Beach Corrin with Blarblade

I think it's going to end up with Camilla and Gronnraven BunCam getting Hone Fliers and Fortify Fliers, while the two Blade tome users both get Goad Fliers. I just need to decide who gets Hone and who gets Fortify. Should the defensive unit get the offensive buff to further buff the offensive unit and vice versa, or should the defensive unit get the defensive buff so both will end up with slightly more balanced stats? Hmm...

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #1016 on: December 01, 2017, 08:26:36 PM »
Help, I got buncam from the banner but she's attack bane, what do I do?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1017 on: December 01, 2017, 08:42:13 PM »
What's her boosted stat? Resist or speed would be pretty unfortunate, but either way you could probably run a tolerable version of either of her major sets if you want to invest.

The Gronnblade set is going to be hitting so hard that you don't really care what your base attack is (provided you have Hone Fliers, which is admittedly a big if) and the Gronnraven set can benefit from boosted HP or defense since that lets it tank more safely.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #1018 on: December 01, 2017, 10:20:52 PM »
I think it's going to end up with Camilla and Gronnraven BunCam getting Hone Fliers and Fortify Fliers, while the two Blade tome users both get Goad Fliers. I just need to decide who gets Hone and who gets Fortify. Should the defensive unit get the offensive buff to further buff the offensive unit and vice versa, or should the defensive unit get the defensive buff so both will end up with slightly more balanced stats? Hmm...
The game still works off hard counters so I would say go further boost the role that the unit is for. Especially the defensive unit, though in the end it comes down to matchups. Can the defensive unit survive a hit to be able to counter its counters without the fortify buff? So matchups pretty much. Offensively, Camilla is pretty weak though I imagine you're using her for mage killing so that shouldn't matter too much anyway.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1019 on: December 01, 2017, 10:56:22 PM »
HNowi has been eaten. Blood for the boob god!

Just need another 40k feathers to get Quick Riposte 3 and Life And Death 3 for the Easter twins respectively.

The game still works off hard counters so I would say go further boost the role that the unit is for. Especially the defensive unit, though in the end it comes down to matchups. Can the defensive unit survive a hit to be able to counter its counters without the fortify buff? So matchups pretty much.

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. Makes sense.

Offensively, Camilla is pretty weak though I imagine you're using her for mage killing so that shouldn't matter too much anyway.

Maybe some of them are pretty weak. Back East. ;P