Author Topic: Nico Nico Douga Q  (Read 3759 times)

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
Nico Nico Douga Q
« on: October 17, 2012, 04:29:14 PM »
Nico Nico Douga has gone through one of those new updates again. This usually means an interface change, but from what I see, things seem to be way different from usual. Other than the more noticable change in interface, nearly everything seems to be in English now (for foreigners, I think).

A notable feature I find is the translate feature which appears as a "Translate" button next to the video title of a video page. People who know Japanese volunteering to translate the current trends (translated videos have a green border and shaded box) would surely be great news for other people who wish to view and get to know such trends. On top of that, your username appears somewhere at the bottom of the page as translator.

EDIT: Forgot to state this, might not be that important, but the comments databse of a video is now divided into English, Japanese and Chinese comments, and can be changed by clicking the flag at the bottom right corner of the video interface.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:11:29 PM by Prody »
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Power

• The power is within you. :D
Re: Nico Nico Douga Q
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 10:08:26 PM »
Yes a new update on nico.  The only problem I'm having right now is changing my settings so that I can see what the English version is like.  I tried changing my computer settings but nothing has worked.  Do you know how to change it? 

Drake

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 11:20:14 PM »
You just change the language and area at the bottom of the page. It's pretty terrible though, I switched back right away.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 12:07:15 AM »
I don't get why popular sites always somehow manage to make their interface worse.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 12:25:02 AM »
I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a question.

I tried uploading a video of mine to nico nico but it doesn't display any progress bar like on youtube. Like... to know how long it will take for your video to finish uploading through percentages.

Am I doing something wrong or this feature simply doesn't exist on nico nico? I find it to be unthinkable, since any media/file hosting website is supposed to have this.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 01:20:46 PM »
I haven't uploaded videos in a while, but I have no recollections of such a feature. I think all you have to do is wait for a page to load, which might take a while but it'll load eventually.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 03:07:46 PM »
I haven't uploaded videos in a while, but I have no recollections of such a feature. I think all you have to do is wait for a page to load, which might take a while but it'll load eventually.

The problem is that my upload speed is lame. Only 300kbps... and my videos are generally over 500mb big. I REALLY need to check the upload progress, it'll be really hard to just sit and wait for another page to load with such an internet speed, without knowing how much is left until it's done.

Well, maybe they doesn't have this feature because everyone in Japan might have absurdly fast internet speeds, so they never need to wait.

Sweetness and love~ ♥