Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 281995 times)

I can't wait either. I am so doing RegChaos, Berserker Risk(assuming of course that RegChaos doesn't disable Berserker Risk like Classic did, though I don't see why it would). Doubt I'd do Natural on it too because I'd rather be able to get my berserkers stuff like Thief Agility, or Monk Strength, or Two hands, or a magic skillset to exploit the Gaia Hammer or Rune Axe with(I'm planning to play the original version anyway, so I would have underflow available anyway).

I just hope that RegChaos Berserker Risk doesn't end up with a 4 Berserker team.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:21:26 AM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
I can't wait either. I am so doing RegChaos, Berserker Risk(assuming of course that RegChaos doesn't disable Berserker Risk like Classic did, though I don't see why it would). Doubt I'd do Natural on it too because I'd rather be able to get my berserkers stuff like Thief Agility, or Monk Strength, or Two hands, or a magic skillset to exploit the Gaia Hammer or Rune Axe with(I'm planning to play the original version anyway, so I would have underflow available anyway).

I just hope that RegChaos Berserker Risk doesn't end up with a 4 Berserker team.
Oh are they adding new variations on what was done last year? I was just looking into doing something different since Team RNG got into a funk at times. It's more fun to play the game with a different team each time anyhow.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
Yeah, every year they !Mix it up with new/altered play options.  Like I think a few years back Random could give you dupes other than BERSERKER but that got changed.  With the new Chaos option, I wouldn't be surprised if they took out Classic mode.  From the pic on the main site Chaos mode looks like you can get any job assigned even if you aren't at that crystal yet, I can dig it. 

The odds of that are quite low but oh bby.  Didn't Sulla get all the way up to Neo Exdeath with solo 'zerker?  Of course, at that point it's less playing a game and more running a simulation to get past, oh I don't know Sandworm for example  :ohdear:

...guess I should pop the thread up sooner rather than later huh?  I'm sure we can keep it active for the 11 days until registration and an additional 15 until we actually start playing  :V

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Yeah, every year they !Mix it up with new/altered play options.  Like I think a few years back Random could give you dupes other than BERSERKER but that got changed.  With the new Chaos option, I wouldn't be surprised if they took out Classic mode.  From the pic on the main site Chaos mode looks like you can get any job assigned even if you aren't at that crystal yet, I can dig it. 
The odds of that are quite low but oh bby.  Didn't Sulla get all the way up to Neo Exdeath with solo 'zerker?  Of course, at that point it's less playing a game and more running a simulation to get past, oh I don't know Sandworm for example  :ohdear:

...guess I should pop the thread up sooner rather than later huh?  I'm sure we can keep it active for the 11 days until registration and an additional 15 until we actually start playing  :V
We can probably set it up once registration hits because then we can masterpost all the relevant information.

I will, of course, be streaming the entire thing 8D

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Yeah posting once registration hits sounds like a thing.

PS: Preliminary work on drawing up a pattern for the blade for my chicken knife prop was done last night, which produced quite a bit of entertainment. The grip and cross guard were already cut and carved into shape so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that this could be done sooner rather than later.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
Definitely going to try out Chaos this year, especially if Classic mode isn't brought back, and probably even if it is. I completed, what THREE runs last year? But yeah, we should probably wait on making the thread until the 1st.

Speaking of Chaos, if it is what I (and looks like Triangles) think it is, it's going to be hilarious, because you'll be at the mercy of the RNG only once, instead of four seperate cycles. Bring it on!

...On other thread-related matters, I'm currently playing through Tales of Symphonia HD, having the Japanese track is quite nifty, especially now that the skits have voices! It's really too bad they didn't start bothering to voice skits in EN until later. Oh well. I've listened to the English dub plenty of times in the GC version, a change is nice.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
I'm slowly making progress on the world map in Destiny of Spirits - I believe I'm about 140 areas cleared (out of 504, fml), which isn't really helped by the lack of internet connection for a large portion of my time. On the other hand, I will eventually get to a point where I can fire off sorties about as soon as health recovers...

Not that that helps much when healing is real-time unless you buy it. I think I will get to a point where I have to rapid-fire 15-orb Continues (at 53-to-60 cents a pop depending on whether I buy 500 or 1000) just to keep pace.

The absolute murderous part about the red continents is that while usually, you only have either reinforcements or multiple battles, the hidden continents give you battles that have both - multiple battles with multiple reinforcements. And the boss levels? Two back-to-back boss battles. The suggested MO against these guys is to try to save them for their own day, and burn the hell out of any orbs you have to revive constantly.

Literally the only saving grace is that their levels are lower than those halfway across the map (in Africa for us Americans, natch).

I haven't even really gotten time to play Conception II, much less the other games I brought along, and even then I've been spending a lot of time grinding. Haven't even beaten the second main dungeon yet because lol the optional dungeons force me to clear them one floor at a time because lol SP use.

Also, Nep U released yesterday, but since I'm not commanding the vehicle, I can either spend three hours on a round-trip walk or two hours by bus to the nearest Gamestop (since I will be getting a physical edition), hope that our travels eventually stop nearby one that's selling Nep U, or just wait until I get home... many days away.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:24:13 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

triangles

So I found another way to even out the difficulty in Legend of Zelda: Link 2 Hyruleglyphics.....
Forgetting to pick up the post-dungeon heart containers :fail:

I am having quite a bit of fun using items in ways I probably should not, though I am definitely seeing why my friends recommend going back and playing the game on Hero (?) mode so it's a little closer to the experience of a sky high death counter of my youth.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
Also, Nep U released yesterday, but since I'm not commanding the vehicle, I can either spend three hours on a round-trip walk or two hours by bus to the nearest Gamestop (since I will be getting a physical edition), hope that our travels eventually stop nearby one that's selling Nep U, or just wait until I get home... many days away.

Nep U is fun.  I downloaded it yesterday and it's a blast.  The lack of aerial rave throws me off a bit cause I keep trying to chase them down after I throw them.  Uni, Vert, Blanc, and Ram are my favorite characters to play as.  Vert and Blanc are probably my favorite duo just because of Blanc's snark when she's in reserve.

Mitsuhide

• History Nerd
    • The one eyed gamer
Got my hands on Final Fantasy VI for SNES, one of the "awesomest" games of all time!
It's OK I guess. The battles feel a bit awkward. Like they have that meter that gets empty whenever you attacked, but I don't like it very much. Feels completely unnecessary. Should've been like the first final fantasy, that has turns, and not this weird hybrid between the "normal" style and the Chrono Trigger battle system.

And why was the first boss fight so long? At some point it was just pressing A until you win because the enemy barely attacks you when he cannot perform special attacks.
I hope the game gets more exciting as it progresses. Maybe RPGs are just not my thing.

Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2015, 11:11:12 PM »
I'm on my third playthrough of Etrian Odyssey 3 and this time I'm going for 100% completion. I'm using a party of Hoplite/Ninja, Arbalist/Gladiator, Monk/Princess, Ninja/Buccaneer and Zodiac/Wildling. It's pretty much the same party I used on my first playthrough except my zodiac's subclass is different this time around. I was originally going to use my ninja as a TP battery, but decided to go with buccaneer which gives me access to eagle eye and pincushion.
Extra stages cleared : EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2015, 01:27:41 AM »
And why was the first boss fight so long? At some point it was just pressing A until you win because the enemy barely attacks you when he cannot perform special attacks.
I hope the game gets more exciting as it progresses. Maybe RPGs are just not my thing.

If I recall correctly, the first boss was that Whelk? It was intended to give you a tutorial on knowing how not to kill yourself on its attacks. You tried beating the counterattacking part, huh? I believe you do get a useful prize if you do so, but you were supposed to knock down the other part - it has less health, and more importantly, its death wins the battle.

I love that somehow I'm in the top 10 in the weekly ranking in Destiny of Spirits. I would have thought there would be more players trying to do the hell march. 206 cleared as I type.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Mitsuhide

• History Nerd
    • The one eyed gamer
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2015, 11:27:51 AM »
If I recall correctly, the first boss was that Whelk? It was intended to give you a tutorial on knowing how not to kill yourself on its attacks. You tried beating the counterattacking part, huh? I believe you do get a useful prize if you do so, but you were supposed to knock down the other part - it has less health, and more importantly, its death wins the battle.
Yep. Funny thing is, just when I got tired of attacking the shell and thought it might be faster killing the other part, the boss died. Also, I had to attack something, so when the Whelk hides himself in the shell I had no choice! But thanks for the reply. I hope its useful to me on the future.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2015, 12:12:38 PM »
That's the kicker - you actually did have choice.  The ATB system actually does 'tick' when nothing's going on, so the boss would emerge again in just a couple seconds.  The ability to choose not to act (or, if you turned it to Active, to fail to act fast eough) is part of the nature of the ATB, especially since you can rotate between characters who have a full gauge to command whoever you want for priority.

(Also I find it interesting you're referring to the ATB as not the "normal" style and of hybriding Chrono Trigger in, when actually CT borrowed the ATB from FF.  It had been in the series since 4, and there is, as of now, only four main numbered games that definitely do not posess the ATB (Its presence in the MMOs is debateable, and its presence in 12/13 features some noticeable differences from standard, but it's there).  The lack of an ATB is actually the exception rather than the rule by now; even when 6 came out, the system was in literally half the games)

All that aside, guess who sunk down the like 75$ for Splatoon today?  (After shipping, taxes, etc.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:27:56 PM by Garlyle »

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2015, 12:57:40 PM »
(Games you are going to play if your computer will work with them)

If I say I'm planning to try if it's possible for me to play LoVA, will that say anything to anyone? Like if anyone else has a feeling that this Japanese game will be never released outside? (Unless people will get interested in it somehow)

I'm going to see for myself pretty soon.

Mitsuhide

• History Nerd
    • The one eyed gamer
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »
That's the kicker - you actually did have choice.  The ATB system actually does 'tick' when nothing's going on, so the boss would emerge again in just a couple seconds.  The ability to choose not to act (or, if you turned it to Active, to fail to act fast eough) is part of the nature of the ATB, especially since you can rotate between characters who have a full gauge to command whoever you want for priority.

(Also I find it interesting you're referring to the ATB as not the "normal" style and of hybriding Chrono Trigger in, when actually CT borrowed the ATB from FF.  It had been in the series since 4, and there is, as of now, only four main numbered games that definitely do not posess the ATB (Its presence in the MMOs is debateable, and its presence in 12/13 features some noticeable differences from standard, but it's there).  The lack of an ATB is actually the exception rather than the rule by now; even when 6 came out, the system was in literally half the games)

All that aside, guess who sunk down the like 75$ for Splatoon today?  (After shipping, taxes, etc.)
Yeah, that makes sense. I'm not an RPG player, so I didn't know it was normal to have that system. The only other Final Fantasy game I played was the first one and that had turns, and other RPGs I played had them too, so I guess I'm not used to it.
I heard the villain is pretty cool, so let's hope I change my mind after playing it more.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2015, 02:45:08 AM »
I'm on my third playthrough of Etrian Odyssey 3 and this time I'm going for 100% completion.
whyyyyyyy

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2015, 03:36:37 AM »
Still sucking at Isaac Wrath of the Lamb Eternal Edition obviously. Did some more Hard Mode attempts. Beat the Eternal Mom's Heart twice, where one of those went to Sheol to try Eternal Satan, but I died before getting to him. The other one I took to Cathedral since I had gotten Dr. Fetus(which is a lot rarer in Hard Mode) and managed to beat Eternal Isaac, then got to the Eternal Blue Baby. I quickly died to it because I was at low health, but I had the ankh, so i got to try again with Blue Baby. I almost managed to clear but ended up dying near the end.

I really like what he did for Isaac and Blue baby's Eternal versions that are Hard Mode only. I really dislike Eternal It Lives though, and Eternal Mom doesn't seem too different.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2015, 11:53:08 PM »
Playing Sine Mora without using the Capsules or subweapons is actually fairly hard. If you can't somehow recover your firepower tokens after you get nailed, you lose so much potential damage, it's ridiculous. Also, screw the instant death stages.

Getting close to 300 areas capped in DoS, I'm mostly getting blocked by Light and Dark elemental bosses, since the easiest way to deal with them is to wait until a day where the opposing element is powered up. That, and Condor gets the defense buff, which is so damn annoying.

Move eternally forward,

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2015, 07:57:12 AM »
Even in this thread, F O E
And I've got Persona Q in my 3DS. Sheckles status: Kekkled.

I platinumed 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Tengoku-hen yesterday. So I can actually go play something else on my trippoh if I want to. Not sure what, though.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2015, 04:40:49 AM »
After my roommate and his girlfriend singing its praises to me for like eight months I finally got my hands on a borrowed Vita and a copy of the game at the same time and got to play Danganronpa. I like it a lot, but I'm finding it kind of frustrating for a few reasons. I finished the fourth case earlier, and I'm guessing I'm just a few conversations away from the fifth.

Spoiler:
Multiple personality disorder, check. Amnesia, check. Now all we need is for this to have all been inside of a computer simulation/dream/hallucination/drug-induced fantasy the whole time and the set of "worst plot devices ever" will be complete. The game seems to kind of think it's lampshading them and being clever, but that's not really worth as much as just steering clear of them. At least, I don't think it is right now, I'm not done so anything could happen. Still, lame.

I'm so tired of the big fat nerd always being a disgusting incompetent creep. Japan has to know who consumes a lot of their products, right? I kept waiting for the fat guy to contribute one positive thing, but nope, he's just a gross idiot who ruins everything and dies because he's so dumb. Greeeeeat.

All of the characters I liked are dead now, which is both good and bad for the story. On one hand it's great because it means I really want to see the villain go down, but on the other hand it's bad because all of the remaining characters pale in comparison to the ones who died earlier. Maybe that changes later, but there was a window there for a minute where my favorite character was the inanimate laptop, and that seems bad.

Some of the logic puzzles seem like they may have lost a little in translation. Maybe I just hadn't figured out the game's particular brand of logic yet, but there were a couple of debate sections earlier where I genuinely could not figure out which answer the game wanted me to use on which question because more than one of each of them referred to the correct answer.

Also, I think I really hate the Vita. My hands are apparently too big to hold it, because I can't easily press X without also hitting down on the right stick. This game doesn't make use of any of its various gimmicks (which does not bother me, honestly) so the touchscreens just keep getting in the way and causing me to accidentally skip dialogue when I try to wipe a smudge off. It's way too chunky and fragile-feeling to be portable, which makes it not really a handheld at all, just a tiny crappy console. Maybe I would feel differently if I played a game that actually felt like it was developed for the Vita and not just made exclusive for no reason, but this has not been a good first impression.

I mean, that sounds like a lot of complaints, but I still really like the game. It's extremely compelling, I can't put it down. It gets major bonus points for being an exciting new franchise, and for finding a great balance for a visual novel between reading and playing. The actual gameplay is a little on the simple side, I would have preferred a game that was a lot less on rails, but that would have been waaaay more complicated and I understand why it wasn't feasible.

I'm not done with the first game yet and already my takeaway is "I can't wait to get my hands on the second game, where hopefully they've ironed out a lot of these problems and polished everything up".
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

triangles

« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2015, 01:29:53 PM »
Oh right so I beat Link Between Worlds a bit ago.  Fun game but man I'll still stand by my assertion that the difficulty curve needed some help.  I beat the game with zero deaths this was most certainly not the case in LttP or Link's Awakening.  I did rather enjoy it, though I didn't get all the heart pieces or anything (and I somehow missed the final red mail oops) I did feel the need to take a screenshot of one particular moment of silliness..

Who would even bother putting 1 lousy rupee in a chest??  I can chop grass and find 5 rupees  ::)

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2015, 05:13:07 PM »
The sloppy launch of the ever so awaited Moba game from Square Enix everyone was waiting for. I will try again tomorrow, It's always the case of logins in the first hours for every company, but they couldn't restore them up today soo....

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2015, 04:24:30 AM »
FINAL FANTASY FFXIV

TURN 9 IS AN UTTER BITCH

THAT

IS

ALL

ALSO CERBERUS FOR NEVER EVER DROPPING MY ILVL120 NINJA BELT

AND EVERYONE FOR SUCKING AT T7 SO I CAN'T FARM OILS AND SANDS

although I suppose I should be glad that I'm frustrated at things like rng and people being bad and actual difficulty instead of "why am I playing this shitty game again" because ffxiv is anything but shitty

like seriously the wonders of the subscription-based world probably made me give up f2p entirely

(except pso2 pso2 is fucking awesome)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2015, 05:09:33 PM »
FINAL FANTASY FFXIV

TURN 9 IS AN UTTER BITCH
If you were on Adamantoise I'd help you.

also I'm having the exact same feelings about Turn 13 right now augh

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2015, 01:54:47 AM »
I love how the Fairy Fencer F beta opening lasted for all of one day before they filled up all the slots.

Anyway, I'm finally back home, which means I can catch up on all the stuff I missed in ACI. I'm debating on whether I should use my new L15 SP form on my Zipang, or if I should keep it for something better later on.

Neptunia Re;Birth3 is now available for preorder on IFI's store!

124 sectors left in DoS - a fair few of them already on their boss. Dear fucking god I'm scared of the red zones now. To make it in 24 days or less... It's a struggle, especially since I'm still waffling on whether I should spend the $35 to get 1k orbs just for revival purposes, or just to get back into the fray faster.

Also, picked up Nep U, just grinding up Lily while I'm ascending Neptral.

Move eternally forward,

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2015, 12:39:36 AM »
I've been all over the place playing stuff, but a lot of it has been Bloodborne. I actually beat the game last night, and
Spoiler:
got the third ending, Moon Presence took me three tries, Gehrman meanwhile took me... a lot more
. I beat all of the bosses, optional and required, although I didn't do too much with chalice dungeons, so I might work on them a bit with New Game+. My Chikage+10 is not as effective on the bosses as I thought it would be, which is worrisome and probably means I need to invest even more into Skill and/or Bloodtinge. Or find better Blood Gems. Or something.

I've also been playing a lot of Smite over the last few weeks. It's probably the only MOBA that will ever hold my interest for as long as it has. :V
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2015, 06:54:00 PM »
someone help me I beat etrian odyssey untold with five hexers

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2015, 09:32:11 PM »
someone help me I beat etrian odyssey untold with five hexers
*Fistbump*

3 Dancer EO4 here.  Hell ye challenge runs.  (I've gotta try 5 medic yet)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.