Author Topic: Abilities - What would you like to see?  (Read 73486 times)

Zil

Re: Abilities - What would you like to see?
« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2012, 06:46:36 PM »
There is a difference between electromagnetic waves and electromagnetic fields (kind of). Light is a wave, for instance (though it can be viewed as a particle too). Lightning comes from a charge imbalance, which is more of a "field" thing I guess.

Anyway, I'd think manipulating electric current is Tojiko's ability. (Which would of course give her control over about a thousand different things other than just "shooting lightning.")
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:48:22 PM by Zil »

RSFiye

• Studying, studying, studying...
  • ...learning to control this rod.
« Reply #271 on: February 26, 2012, 07:36:21 PM »
Magic, you have no idea how much I hate you right now for showing me that. Ungodly memories from the school that taught me my ways flourish back.[/color]

Seriously, I've been taught generator/motor theory several times and I still can't remember it. *Flails in anger*

Anyways, current is just a measure of how fast electrons move from one side to the other. Voltage is just a measure of the difference in charge that exists at two different points.

Apply a current carrying conductor to two different points of voltage, and ZAP! You caused current.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday%27s_law_of_induction

I'm not talking anymore about this. My knowledge in the field is grossly inadequate, considering everything I learned in A school has been forgotten about.

Irate Researchers

• The Collector of Useless Facts
  • Consider the following...
    • Devart
« Reply #272 on: March 01, 2012, 07:03:46 AM »
The ability to manipulate mathematics.  (anything can be reduced to mathematics.  This is Phantasm material here.)

The ability to cure illness.  (Could use one of these right now)

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #273 on: March 01, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »
Some 5 AM ideas.

Ability to the extent of controlling man-made objects (Something an actually potent Poltergeist might have I suppose?)

Ability to the extent of manipulating states [of matter]. Could do things like turn the ground into quick sand, melt things which normally couldn't (Such as, for random example, trees), etc., all without changing the actual temperature of the matter. (80?F Snowball fight!)

Ability to the extent of manipulating greed. Not sure how this would transfer into danmaku, but I think they'd have some pretty funny dialogue with, well any of the main characters really. Gensokyans are selfish fucks :V
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2012, 04:39:50 PM »
Manipulation/absorbing of strength.
Just imagine it, you could reduce everyone around you to weaklings whilst upping yourself to a really high level of power.
The worst nightmare of all Oni in existence!

Scarlet Bellflower

• I stand around doing nothing...
« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »
Manipulation of purity.
 You're flying through Gensokyo, then suddenly you get attack by an awfully aggressive fairy.
"Touhou is like the 60's in Mississippi, only you play as a white cop against an horde of civil rights protesters armed to the teeth." - A friend.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #276 on: March 06, 2012, 04:20:37 PM »
Manipulation/absorbing of strength.
Just imagine it, you could reduce everyone around you to weaklings whilst upping yourself to a really high level of power.
The worst nightmare of all Oni in existence!
Cirno: EYE CAN TAKE HER! EYE'M THE STRONGEST!

« Reply #277 on: March 06, 2012, 05:48:28 PM »
Manipulation of Energy/Matter.
If you control energy, you control everything? Because everything IS energy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy
I would like to see this kind of girl with that power walking around gensokyo.
Inspired by comic Solar, the Man of Atom. Here some of the feats when you manipulate energy :
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t463356.html

Irate Researchers

• Devart
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2012, 12:24:21 AM »
manipulation of water.

The ability to break barriers.

The ability to cause spontaneous combustion of objects.

iK

« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2012, 02:11:53 AM »
I'm 100% sure that Nitori's power is literally Manipulation of Water.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2012, 06:53:51 PM »
The ability to break barriers.

Reimu can already do this. That's pretty much entirely what PCB Extra/Phantasm was all about; Reimu broke the barrier to the netherworld at the end of stage 4 (iirc, just by touching it), and they have to pester Yukari to fix it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:56:12 PM by 8lue Wizard »

« Reply #281 on: March 08, 2012, 04:27:08 AM »
While I don't doubt Reimu can break barriers, I was under the impression that the reason they pester Yukari to fix the barrier is because Yukari weakened the barrier between the human world and the netherworld. That issue is still unresolved at the moment.

« Reply #282 on: March 10, 2012, 11:39:59 AM »
I was under the same impression as starx. Got a link or something to where you got that, 8lue?

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #283 on: March 10, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »
Ability: The same effect Terry Crew's Old Spice Odor-blocking bodywash has: POOOWWWEEEERRRR!!!!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #284 on: March 11, 2012, 05:37:38 AM »
Ability to swap current thought process with subconscious thought process

Ability to manipulate chance

Ability to move faster than light

Ability to alter time and physical laws (And no, I'm not talking about a Hakutaku)

Ability to liquify any non-living object
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

UndyingHunterKamigama

• Crossover loving
  • 2012 above will happen
« Reply #285 on: March 12, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »
How bout ability to manipulate steel?

The ability to change locations of something? Like if said character places their hands on a section of a tree, a section of the tree would turn to water, while a river close by would trade a section of the water into a piece of the tree.

The ability to reflect attacks?

And the ability to turn the physical body into a weapon. Enhancing the strength or speed, skin camouflage color and such. Or forming blades out of arms.

And how bout the ability to precise. For example, being able to shoot a danmaku bullet between patterns and hitting a target just by seeing the pattern once. Or predicting the outcome of a battle between two characters that he/she knows how they fight.

And for the finale, the ability to change the weight of a target, be it a leaf or a giant totem. For example, turning a leaf you touched and turning it into a mini-anvil or a totem being light enough to flip and toss. Have something to do with gravity for sure.

So I'm a newbie that can't socialize directly and can hide my emotions, so what?

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #286 on: March 13, 2012, 04:20:40 PM »
Ability to move faster than light
That's impossible.

Zil

« Reply #287 on: March 13, 2012, 06:32:21 PM »
That's impossible.
So is everything else that everyone does.

iK

« Reply #288 on: March 13, 2012, 07:15:14 PM »
So is everything else that everyone does.

I don't know man, I SWEAR I've flown for like 2 seconds by thinking really really hard.

Scarlet Bellflower

• I stand around doing nothing...
« Reply #289 on: March 13, 2012, 08:37:04 PM »
That's impossible.

Doesn't Aya do something like that?
"Touhou is like the 60's in Mississippi, only you play as a white cop against an horde of civil rights protesters armed to the teeth." - A friend.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #290 on: March 14, 2012, 01:08:55 AM »
Doesn't Aya do something like that?

Dunno bout canon, but in relatively popular fanon yes. For example, in Touhou soccer 2, she takes a picture of herself kicking the ball IIRC.. and I don't mean as she kicks it but before.

Of course that doesn't make sense since cameras take light from the source as it goes to the camera not the other way around but meh.

« Reply #291 on: March 14, 2012, 02:27:25 AM »
It can make sense if Aya was there where the camera is pointing, traveled back to the camera, then take a picture. In either case though, the camera wouldn't have enough time to focus, so she should be a blur.

That's impossible.

That may be possible now. Supposedly, traveling faster than the speed of light might be possible. I heard this on the radio, now I am unsure if the wiki is helpful or not, but you can see this article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light:

OPERA neutrino anomaly
Main article: Faster-than-light neutrino anomaly

On September 22, 2011, a paper[70] from the OPERA Collaboration indicated detection of 17 and 28 GeV muon neutrinos, sent 730 kilometers (454 miles) from CERN near Geneva, Switzerland to the Gran Sasso National Laboratory in Italy, traveling faster than light by a factor of 2.48?10−5 (approximately 1 in 40,000), a statistic with 6.0-sigma significance.[71] On 18 November 2011, a second followup experiment by OPERA scientists confirmed their initial results.[72][73] However, scientists are sceptical about the results of these experiments[74], which are currently disputed.[75]

Zil

« Reply #292 on: March 14, 2012, 02:31:37 AM »
Wouldn't she just have to take a picture then get to the ball before the shutter opened? It wouldn't even require light speed.

« Reply #293 on: March 14, 2012, 03:25:45 AM »
Well she does end up on her own pictures in the photography games if you get close enough to the boss...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #294 on: March 14, 2012, 12:30:08 PM »
That may be possible now. Supposedly, traveling faster than the speed of light might be possible. I heard this on the radio, now I am unsure if the wiki is helpful or not, but you can see this article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light

Another group of scientists are saying that the CERN experiment had errors, so matter still cannot conclusively travel faster than light just yet. Which does make sense, because physics.

That said, there's a lot about Aya that defies physics, so really nothing can be ruled out where she's concerned.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #295 on: March 14, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »

The Tsuchinoko is a creature that manipulates plants.
And Yuuka has the Manipulation of Flowers. While Flowers are plants, plants aren't strictly flowers.

Very late, but regarding Yuuka only being able to manipulate flowers, not plants as a whole, Yuuka could theoretically manipulate any plant that can grow flowers. They're connected after all, so Yuuka could exert her magic and power via the flower into the rest of the plant. Thus, Yuuka could control many kinds of plants and trees, though not every plant (plants that do not grow flowers are out of her control). So she could count as a plant manipulator, like Suwako.

Also, two interesting tidbits I noticed in her Perfect Memento entry:
"Completely unrelated to her abilities, she uses her umbrella and scatters flower petals to perform graceful attacks. "
"The ability to manipulate flowers is something to the extent being able to make flowers bloom, shift the face of sunflowers towards the sun, or make withered flowers bloom again. This ability is more of an extra;"

This, combined with the 'ultimate magic' stuff from Mystic Square, implies Yuuka might have more tricks up her sleeve than just flower manipulation.

« Reply #296 on: March 15, 2012, 05:01:44 AM »
Another group of scientists are saying that the CERN experiment had errors, so matter still cannot conclusively travel faster than light just yet. Which does make sense, because physics.

That said, there's a lot about Aya that defies physics, so really nothing can be ruled out where she's concerned.

Yeah, what I meant is that saying it as impossible is not very valid. Since, even though the experiment does have errors, the idea of faster than light travel isn't exactly impossible.

« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2012, 07:55:28 AM »
That said, there's a lot about Aya that defies physics

This line, in a thread titled "What would you like to see", and it is ignored in favour of physics discussions.
I don't know whether to be proud, laugh, cringe, or suggest that you can totally move faster than light if you just never drop below that point or have a way to force the energy consumed into acceleration instead of increasing mass.

Irate Researchers

• Devart
« Reply #298 on: March 15, 2012, 07:56:12 AM »
The ability to teleport.

The ability to make a phrase true.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #299 on: March 17, 2012, 11:07:30 AM »
The power to pull out and manifest ideas/concepts from one's mind.