Author Topic: Bigyihsuan's Possibly Impossible Danmaku Ideas  (Read 13270 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Re: Bigyihsuan's Possibly Impossible Danmafuku Ideas
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2015, 04:23:47 AM »
It's been done before. ^_^

Any pics? I think that one came from a free write for English class....
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2015, 02:34:39 PM »
Any pics? I think that one came from a free write for English class....

PDD Stage 5 Boss Spell 1 uses globs of bullets that explode, just not with gravity.
Adding gravity just requires changing the y acceleration of the bullets afterwards.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2015, 04:16:26 AM »
PDD Stage 5 Boss Spell 1 uses globs of bullets that explode, just not with gravity.
Adding gravity just requires changing the y acceleration of the bullets afterwards.

Any link to a video?

Bullet Pattern #3
bullets growing

The boss spawns a nuclear sun on top of it. Then it spawns a familiar that orbits in a circle around it. The familiar spawns many random rice bullets, most of which will "fall" into the "sun." The boss will be moving around during this card randomly.

As the sun absorbs more and more bullets, say 100 bullets, it grows by 5%. As the attack continues, the sun gets larger and larger until it hits the shorter edge of the screen, where any more absorbed bullets will be deleted.

To add difficulty, add more familiars.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Bigyihsuan's Possibly Impossible Danmakufu Ideas
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2015, 08:03:17 AM »
Generally, people treat the "sun" as a separate entity, merely attracting bullets towards the position of the sun.

It's what I thought the idea behind Hell's Artificial Sun in Touhou 11 was supposed to be.

I'd like to see someone actually do Katamari-like stuff though.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2015, 06:57:53 PM »
Maybe you could do some Icarus bullets, they go until the Sun, burns and fall to the ground.
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 03:04:12 AM »
Maybe you could do some Icarus bullets, they go until the Sun, burns and fall to the ground.

That seems like a new idea. Bird bullets come from the sides, hit nuke sun, turn 90 degrees, and speed straight down towards the bottom? Yes.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 04:28:27 AM »
@ both above posts: Sounds a lot like moths and a lamp XD It might... probably even work as a Wriggle spell or something :v It really depends on what bullet graphics are used and stuff like that.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 01:11:53 PM »
BULLET PATTERN #5
a literal wall

First, the boss looks at which side the player is on (up right, down right, up left, down left). A wave of bullets comes from the opposite side of the player and traps the player on one side.

Then bullets spawn from the top, and creep slowly down, until about 25% of the screen is clear. Then a rapid aimed shot forces you to move around the box. Have fun trying to cross it! And the wall bullets can't be erased.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2015, 08:00:46 PM »
BULLET PATTERN #5
a literal wall

First, the boss looks at which side the player is on (up right, down right, up left, down left). A wave of bullets comes from the opposite side of the player and traps the player on one side.

Then bullets spawn from the top, and creep slowly down, until about 25% of the screen is clear. Then a rapid aimed shot forces you to move around the box. Have fun trying to cross it! And the wall bullets can't be erased.

http://youtu.be/qoTaRIdI8o8?t=12m13s
Like this? (based on Darkness1's Mystic Extra Stage)

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 04:09:41 AM »
http://youtu.be/qoTaRIdI8o8?t=12m13s
Like this? (based on Darkness1's Mystic Extra Stage)

No, what I had in mind is bullets moving vertically and horizontally in about 75 percent of the screen, so something like RAN's PCB survival card, but much denser, and with streaming.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2015, 04:41:05 AM »
BULLET PATTERN #6
mastah spahk

Something similar to Yuuka's Twin Spark, and maybe she should use it.

The boss splits, and shoots a master spark each directly downwards. The sparks then rotate towards the top of the screen until the Sparks hit the boss sprites. The player should be near the top edge of the screen.

A second set of sparks then fires perpendicularly upwards from the initial sparks, making the bottom of a square. The sparks then continue rotating, forcing the player to move either left or right. A third set of sparks fires right in the middle of the two pairs of initial sparks, splitting the angle in half.

Rinse and repeat. Add difficulty with more bosses.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2015, 09:24:11 AM »
If this thread is still alive (seeing OP posting), then can i dump my ideas here for anyone to take?

1. Bullets with sprite but that lack hitbox. These are harmless. Then you mix them with ones that are lethal. Would be good for Reisen or Koishi (messin' with the player's mind). Something like this (warning: not for the weak of mind  :getdown:), but the bullets are visible from the start.

2. Invert the shmup genre: now you need to get constantly hit by bullets or you'll die. At higher difficulties, you need to be hit but not so much.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2015, 01:31:03 PM »
If this thread is still alive (seeing OP posting), then can i dump my ideas here for anyone to take?

1. Bullets with sprite but that lack hitbox. These are harmless. Then you mix them with ones that are lethal. Would be good for Reisen or Koishi (messin' with the player's mind). Something like this (warning: not for the weak of mind  :getdown:), but the bullets are visible from the start.

oh god

why

2. Invert the shmup genre: now you need to get constantly hit by bullets or you'll die. At higher difficulties, you need to be hit but not so much.
There was a fan-made Phantasm stage for DDC out there somewhere, where Seija had an attack where the bullets were safe spots...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2015, 03:03:24 PM »
Personally, I am though starting to generate question marks for this thread's existence to be honest.

It first was an idea of actual games (which was all right) then it transformed into minor patterns (which is becoming spammy). I don't mind ideas being generated as a brainstorming session but there is actually nothing being produced. Also, what if someone happens to make an exact or similar idea, while being unaware of this? Yet you ask for credit in your opening post.

May I ask if you're actually planning anything regarding your own development and efforts?

Curious because I've been pondering about this thread for a long while whether it truly belongs in RikaNitori, but couldn't really explain it myself. Especially as there is no development at all.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:28:22 PM by Helepolis »

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2015, 01:59:02 AM »
There aren't any threads around except this one that discuss and share potential game mechanics, bullet patterns, and the like. A place to get inspired if you can't think up of anything.

GAME MECHANIC #7: Tengu cameras as bombs
charge bombs

You know how the Perfect Freezes work in GFW? It's something like it, but moreso towards StB and DS's camera functions.

Two characters, Aya and Hatate.

Their bombs are replaced by a camera photo. Their bomb charges up similar to StB and DS, with bullet cancels and all, but the charge received from cancelling bullets has an exponential curve downwards based on difficulty, so that things don't get too OP. e.g. Taking a picture of a nuke sun gives 10% charge on Normal, 15% on Easy, 5% on Hard, and 1% on Lunatic, for example. To take this further, the charge received would have to go into decimals, like 0.1% on Extra, 0.01% on Phantasm, etc.

Aya has the effects shown above, along with high zoom, long exposure time, large area, but a very slow charge (~1% every second when normally focused, 5% when charging).
Hatate has a 1.5 times charge multiplier to the above (i.e. 15% for a nuke on Normal). Very fast charge (2x Aya), very low zoom, short exposure time, and a smaller/thinner area covered.

Aya could be used for getting rid of bullets from the source, like homing bullets.
Hatate could be used for removing bullets that are right next to her.

And so on, and so on

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
Re: Bigyihsuan's Possibly Impossible Danmaku Ideas
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2015, 06:23:19 PM »
Since this got moved from Range to TARC, I changed the title.

BULLET PATTERN #7 Hitting a Drum With Bullets
bosses with drums

The boss spawns a taiko drum in the middle of the screen. The boss then does either hit the drum, or shoots bullets at it.

When the boss hots the drum, the drum makes a ring of music notes and rests at varying speeds. This repeats for around 4 more times,

After that, the boss shoots a bubble bullet at the drum. The drum then explodes into all sorts of bullets. The drum can also be destroyed by the player. Either way, the boss replaces the drum.

Add difficulty by adding more bullets and more drums.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2015, 04:36:14 PM »
I was idly mulling over how Seiga has Yoshika as her servant/slave, and I read a YouTube comment that said that slave magic is synonymous with options, so I considered Yoshika to be Seiga's option....

Shot Idea #1:Yoshika the option

The main shot here is Seiga. I don't know what her shot would be, but I imagine the bullet walls and homing orbs from TD. You can control her as usual, with the usual controls.

But, as an option, you can have Yoshika to come with you. You control both Yoshika and Seiga, with separate keys. Space bar could be the shot button, Enter/Return to be the bomb button, and left slash to be the focus?

Yoshika as a separate hit box, which shows up when you focus. When Yoshika gets hit, you lose a bomb instead of a life. Yoshika then falls to the bottom of the screen, but can't shoot, but she automatically collects items for you. After a certain amount of time, or when a boss comes in, or when the stage ends, Yoshika comes back to life, causing an explosion that acts like a bomb.

food for thought

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2015, 03:33:08 AM »
I know about the 2-month necro, but since I can't post in RaNGE unless I have something to show, I just have to post in this thread.

After playing LoLK for a bit, I wondered to myself, how far does the graze count go on Danmafuku?

SO I'm still thinking about making a script with primarily streaming, which I assume would use this code:
Code: [Select]
@MainLoop
{
let playerX = ObjMove_GetX(player)
let playerY = ObjMove_GetY(player)
CreateShotA1(playerX, playerY, 2, null, [bullet graphic here], 5) //I assume frames or frames/second?
}
I'll go ask a little bit more in RaNGE about this.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2015, 07:02:05 PM »
Graze count can go as far as you want it to in ph3. This isn't 0.12m.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2015, 09:47:30 PM »
Graze count can go as far as you want it to in ph3. This isn't 0.12m.
Well, let's see what my tolerance is for graze!  >:D