Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 807872 times)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Yeah, that also happened to me on Win8, no idea why it happened either, and the DLL hook launcher didn't help too.
I really should have come back to the thread sooner.

Since patch 1.21b, Tasofro has added an IP check. When you launch the game, it will attempt to connect to their server. If the server detects your IP to be from a blocked region (i.e. China, Taiwan, and some other Southeast Asia countries), the game will boot you out after a minute or two.

There are the usual solutions:
- Do not upgrade to the newest version. Version 1.21 (no "b") is the last one without the check.
- If you want to upgrade, deal with the launch check with whichever method you prefer: turning on VPN, blocking the game in your firewall, or turning off your internet connection. After the check is over, you can play the game as long as you don't attempt connecting the official lobby.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:29:07 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
If the server detects your IP to be from a blocked region (i.e. China, Taiwan, and some other Southeast Asia countries), the game will boot you out after a minute or two.
ಠ_ಠ
Really, Tasofro? Couldn't they just make it so that online multiplayer is disabled if that's the case?

When you launch the game, it will attempt to connect to their server. If the server detects your IP to be from a blocked region (i.e. China, Taiwan, and some other Southeast Asia countries), the game will boot you out after a minute or two.

What's the point of blocking certain countries anyway? Don't tell me the guys at Tasofro are racists.

What's the point of blocking certain countries anyway? Don't tell me the guys at Tasofro are racists.
lots of foreign players trying to connect to a server in Japan --> really laggy games for everyone.
Would've been much nicer to simply prevent foreign connections to the server instead of completely killing the game, though.
It could also be the game crashing without an error message but I dunno.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

lots of foreign players trying to connect to a server in Japan --> really laggy games for everyone.

I figured there must be a different reason than the one in initially feared. But wouldn?t playing from any non-Japanese country have the same effect? So is there any logical explanation why some regions are blocked and others aren?t? I haven?t tried online mode myself so I don?t really know how it works.

I figured there must be a different reason than the one in initially feared. But wouldn?t playing from any non-Japanese country have the same effect? So is there any logical explanation why some regions are blocked and others aren?t? I haven?t tried online mode myself so I don?t really know how it works.
oh I just noticed the part where there's a specific list of blocked countries. Welp.
Do we know what the full list of countries is? Is it just Asian countries?
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
I get the feeling they're trying to cut back on players who run pirated/downloaded copies, but it does seem weird to restrict it like that.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Man, just like the anti-hack stuff they're going at this in all the wrong ways. I mean, it's just like what cuc pointed out. I could just use a VPN, though the free ones usually have shit speed (what I have is pretty much a d20 roll).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:55:13 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

Since patch 1.21b, Tasofro has added an IP check. When you launch the game, it will attempt to connect to their server. If the server detects your IP to be from a blocked region (i.e. China, Taiwan, and some other Southeast Asia countries), the game will boot you out after a minute or two.

This is probably a stupid question, but douse this IP booting affect only the multiplayer or douse it affect the single player as well? If it affects single player then that is just downright unfair DRM practice that really goes against ZUN's wish for Touhou to be enjoyed by all.

Please don't join the dark side TasFro, along with EA and Konami!  :ohdear:

7TC7

• In best company
This is probably a stupid question, but douse this IP booting affect only the multiplayer or douse it affect the single player as well? If it affects single player then that is just downright unfair DRM practice that really goes against ZUN's wish for Touhou to be enjoyed by all.

Please don't join the dark side TasFro, along with EA and Konami!  :ohdear:

I'm getting this message, whenever I try to click on any of the options in VS network: http://i.imgur.com/aopU868.jpg
I assume that is the one, telling me I'm blocked from the network because of my IP. (I am in Europe, so I wonder what they actually have on their banlist).

I've played VS CPU for half an hour now and it didn't boot me, so I guess it's only VS Network that's borked. A shame, since I was finally getting into that.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
That's probably just a generic error message, I get booted out of the game even on practice mode for crying out loud.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
It says your user ID isn't eligible and to make a new one, so it's probably generic, although it's hard to tell.

Many thanks everyone! Got a VPN and the game's kicking like it's new!

cuc

The way ranked matchmaking is supposed to work, you first enable the lobby (γ版), then select 使用プロファイルの選択, which registers your profile at the official server, and assigns a User ID to your profile (tied to your computer hardware). Use 対戦待ちホストを検索して接続 to search for opponents. Additionally, even matches you played by connecting via IP will have their results uploaded to the official server.

Given the reputation of the game's net code, it's probably not a good idea to attempt searching for lobby opponents if you are not located in Japan?

There are 10 ranks, from Easy to Extra+.

I'm getting this message, whenever I try to click on any of the options in VS network: http://i.imgur.com/aopU868.jpg
It says "ERROR: Invalid User ID. Please make a new profile."

Reads like your profile has been damaged? What does your User ID (ユーザーID) look like? Are you seriously unable to even connect via IP?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 01:14:08 PM by cuc »

7TC7

• In best company
It says "ERROR: Invalid User ID. Please remake your profile."

Reads like your profile has been damaged? What does your User ID (ユーザーID) look like? Are you seriously unable to even connect via IP?

Yes, it showed that message whenever I selected any of the options in VS Network. And it randomly took control away from me and sent my cursor back down to Quit (didn't select it, however). Was kinda creeped out at that point.
After what N-Forza said, I just went to profiles and made a new one (kept the old one, though, because I have no idea what is even connected to your profile, aside from button configurations, and didn't wanna loose any kind of progress). Everything works again with the new one, but I have no idea how the old one got damaged.

Here are the two, old at the top, new at the bottom, but I doubt there can be anything inferred from just that.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

cuc

Yes, it showed that message whenever I selected any of the options in VS Network. And it randomly took control away from me and sent my cursor back down to Quit (didn't select it, however). Was kinda creeped out at that point.
After what N-Forza said, I just went to profiles and made a new one (kept the old one, though, because I have no idea what is even connected to your profile, aside from button configurations, and didn't wanna loose any kind of progress). Everything works again with the new one, but I have no idea how the old one got damaged.
Another possibility is that your previous User ID got banned. However I haven't been paying attention to reports since the matchmaking test started, so I don't know if there are other example of people being banned, or what are the possible conditions for that to happen.

cuc

Re: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL
« Reply #1816 on: April 18, 2016, 01:43:49 PM »
Patch 1.30 with balance changes, bug fixes and rank match improvements. (I haven't succeeded in downloading the file as of the posting.)

Two big improvements:

1. Barrier Guard is now performed by pressing back + Flight (instead of Special) when blocking, avoiding the confusion between Barrier Guard and special attack;

2. You can now spectate random online matches.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:46:52 PM by cuc »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
Re: Re: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL
« Reply #1817 on: April 18, 2016, 02:56:34 PM »
Patch 1.30 with balance changes, bug fixes and rank match improvements. (I haven't succeeded in downloading the file as of the posting.)

Two big improvements:

1. Barrier Guard is now performed by pressing back + Flight (instead of Special) when blocking, avoiding the confusion between Barrier Guard and special attack;

2. You can now spectate random online matches.
Patch notes.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #1818 on: April 18, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »
IP check auto-boot still in place?

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #1819 on: April 18, 2016, 05:06:56 PM »
Huh, now I'll actually remember pushblock is a thing. And spectating random matches seems somewhat amusing too.

Waiting warmly for translated patch notes.

EDIT: Woah, what the hell. Mamizou's 4C is now solely a counter hit, and a fast one to boot. Marisa's j5A got changed into some kind of slap, which is not surprising considering how obnoxiously huge that thing was. And Ichirin is no longer pushed back when pounding the opponent into a wall with 5CCCCCC, woo.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:14:04 PM by Critz »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1820 on: April 18, 2016, 10:17:50 PM »
Marisa's j5a nerf has ruined all of the combos I used along with taking away one of the main methods for getting in. Dear god why. Suddenly I have no idea how I'm supposed to play her anymore D:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #1821 on: April 18, 2016, 11:10:18 PM »
62.1% winrate Marisa, never forget.
I guess that now that the game's getting a PS4 port they're triying to balance it a bit more, into a more healthy/competitive stage? Not sure but.

Buff Miko even more ty xoxo

cuc

According to Unabara and Edelweiss's leader Nal (1, 2), with the 1.30 patch, they have replaced this game's special effects engine with a new one. The new engine is written by Edelweiss from scratch for their own yet to be released new game. Unabara had thanked Nal and another developer, Nyahhoi-ya's Takahashi Mizushima for their assistance on special effects.

Needless to say, asking for help from Edelweiss, who have always been supportive of doujin development, and have shown their technical proficiency — including porting their Astebreed to PS4, is one more step in gearing up for the PS4 port.

But for now, the reality is, the prettier special effects have made the game run slower for everyone, and introduced new bugs. For me, the game also freezes past the splash screen.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:44:30 AM by cuc »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
But for now, the reality is, the prettier special effects have made the game run slower for everyone, and introduced new bugs. For me, the game also freezes past the splash screen.
ayy lmao :getdown:

Seriously though Tasofro, get your shit together.

B-B-But I could barely get the game to run at a stable frame-rate on my current English patched version. I had to window that bad boy!

Rest in Pepperoni Half-Grand  :X

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I guess that now that the game's getting a PS4 port they're triying to balance it a bit more, into a more healthy/competitive stage? Not sure but.
They've been doing that all the time, not just because it's getting a PS4 port or anything. The only thing is that whenever Tasofro sees an issue of something being too strong, they found either roundabout ways of nerfing it, or just nerf it to all hell and make it useless. They're not known for the best balance changes :V

Meanwhile, Koishi does a little hop if she does 8A in neutral and also extended the hitbox to her head. This makes it actually possible to connect from beside the opponent now for better combo abilities. They also gave her the ability to cancel confirmed A moves into A storage now, which could lead to interesting pressure abilities.

Also, this tech isn't new or exclusive to 1.30, but I decided to show it anyways since I originally uploaded it to show another Koishi player about her double cross up :V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tXRYG0TNSs

cuc

After more extensive testing, I'm beginning to suspect that most of 1.30's new "bugs" are related to stricter protection schemes, which may now be causing problems to even Japanese players. They seem to have replaced the auto-boot with freezing; the game simply freezes when I'm not connected to the internet; it may also do the IP-check frequently instead of only at startup.

If you are experiencing the problems, and simply want to play a stable version instead of dealing with their escalating schemes, patch 1.21 is here:
Download

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Why is tasofro so crazy????? Why do they care so much?

Also, Sumireko's 8C has become so, so much more useful. It's angled far more to the right instead of flying almost straight down, making it a vastly more useful bullet to just throw out as pressure (something she didn't have a lot of options for before imo), ontop of having ridiculous damage, good chip and spirit damage, etc. It also means I have to pay more attention to my spirit... I'm running out pretty often now which is bad for capitalizing on my hits :T
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Speaking of which, how's the guy that made the patcher and the DLL hook launcher doing, cuc?

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
... This game is a mess. I have no clue what they're possibly thinking anymore.