Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 807947 times)

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
By the way, any of you guys figured out yet just what the heck 深秘的 might mean on the OST album? :V

Well, aren't the first two kanjis ( 深秘 ) part of "Shinpiroku" ( 深秘録 )? iirc, "Shinpiroku" means "Record of Deep Mysteries", and 深秘的 is "fukahiteki" isn't it?
深 alone means "depth" and 秘 "secret".... Mmm. 秘的 (hiteki) means something like "confidential", maybe? I guess we can translate it as "Confidential Deep Secrets"?  "Mysterious Deep Secrets"? I couldn't say at all, sorry (my Japanese is not the best one around, gonna improve it in the future tho. Please, correct me if I'm wrong).

---

By the way, tested the game on Windows 10.
I could patch and open the game without any fix (I'm using a Nvidia card).
Yet the game runs at 05-10 fps (it worked at 60 on Windows 8.1 if you're wondering).

Goddamn Tasofro.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:43:27 AM by Plubio »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Yet the game runs at 05-10 fps (it worked at 60 on Windows 8.1 if you're wondering).

Goddamn Tasofro.
Oh wow, if I really have to use Win10 at some point, I will most definitely dual-boot with Win7 at least. lol
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:50:25 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Nevermind, I restarted the computer and everything's working as it should.
Maybe it was something about drivers.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Well, aren't the first two kanjis ( 深秘 ) part of "Shinpiroku" ( 深秘録 )? iirc, "Shinpiroku" means "Record of Deep Mysteries", and 深秘的 is "fukahiteki" isn't it?
深 alone means "depth" and 秘 "secret".... Mmm. 秘的 (hiteki) means something like "confidential", maybe? I guess we can translate it as "Confidential Deep Secrets"?  "Mysterious Deep Secrets"? I couldn't say at all, sorry (my Japanese is not the best one around, gonna improve it in the future tho. Please, correct me if I'm wrong).

---

Goddamn Tasofro.

EDIT: after a restart everything's working as it should.

Quote from: Plubio

深秘 (shinpi) is an obvious pun on 神秘 (shinpi)... So the whole thing becomes "shinpi-teki".

There is a rule which says that on- readings and kun- readings normally do not mix together when two or more kanji form a word. So unless you're really sure that they do mix, you should turn everything in either on- or kun-.

And then we also have 的 (teki), a suffix commonly used to transform nouns into adjectives (in this case, the noun is "shinpi"). It appears in either "on-teki" or "on-on-teki"constructions, the latter being the case here...

As for the translation, 神秘 means "mystery" and 深秘 would mean "deep secret". But since the latter is a pun,  you could very well take the easy way and translate 深秘的 as just "mysterious" (case in which the pun would be lost in the translation; but then again, the same thing would happen even if you translated it as "deeply secretive" or some other similar thing - being based on homophony, the pun simply doesn't work in English).

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
A lot of the tweaks may be minor, but I'm really digging it (as a Sumireko player), I can consistently wreck my friend's Mokou now. His Kasen is still quite difficult though... her beacon spellcard just puts out so much pressure it's hard to do much whilst it's onscreen due to tiny bullets everywhere x.x And it's only 700 casting cost so it's almost always out
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
I wonder, since ULiL seems to fair well better as a HM sequel rather than an expansion pack, do you think we'll be getting a ULiL expansion in a year or two? I mean, adding in a few more extra characters couldn't hurt the game competitively.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
A lot of the tweaks may be minor, but I'm really digging it (as a Sumireko player), I can consistently wreck my friend's Mokou now. His Kasen is still quite difficult though... her beacon spellcard just puts out so much pressure it's hard to do much whilst it's onscreen due to tiny bullets everywhere x.x And it's only 700 casting cost so it's almost always out

I wouldn't call the changes minor, this is the first big balance patch they came out with and some characters had some very important changes. For me, most notable are Koishi changes because she can finally use her melee attacks on command.

This is huge because this opens up A LOT of options for both confirms and pressure. Of course, because of this, the initial moves have been nerfed (so don't worry about the lightbulb, it's relatively smaller on the initial input. However, the second input is probably the same as before, but also adds a counterhit no matter what, which is hilarious, but honestly Koishi needed all the buffs from piss-poor bottom tier that she was.

Expect a combo video pretty soon :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Oh yeah, I noticed that on Koishi, it's huge. I might actually consider trying to learn her now; she was just so horrendously awkward to try to use for me due to how much her gimmick held her back that I couldn't be bothered.\

Miko's also a lot better because her cape buffs last... I dunno how long, but a lot longer. Maybe until the enemy knocks you down? (I don't play Miko either, so...)

What I meant more is that Sumireko's changes are minor, but my sentence flow was garbage so it didn't look like it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Miko's also a lot better because her cape buffs last... I dunno how long, but a lot longer. Maybe until the enemy knocks you down? (I don't play Miko either, so...)
It lasts until the opponent gets the next occult ball.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
1.11 is out. Seems like it's just bug fixes atm (ie. it fixes Sumireko's alt clothes glitch), however I can't read moonspeak so I can't say.

Ranmilia

• Multiple Intelligencial Yggdrasil Unit
My experience:
1.03 and earlier:  Game doesn't launch normally, but the fixpatch makes it work.
1.10: Game does not launch at all, even with fixpatch.
1.11 Game launches normally.

So, good job, some of the DRM or whatever nonsense was going on seems to have been fixed.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
AppLocale still doesn't work though. :V

Shoot. Still can't seem to get it running, even with 1.11.

In the meantime, any major changes to Mamizou I should know of?

however I can't read moonspeak so I can't say.
Looks like none knows jp and can't translate patch notes.
Does anyone knows where to get translated pn? Except promt and etc.

Miko is indeed much better now. I am not alone if her normals were buffed but overall she feels much better now mainly because of the cape actually being usable now instead of forcing you to rush with it because of how short it lasted before. As of right now I am making some combo list to share... will do once I have it finished. Would make a video but I dont have the means to do so xD...

ZellBell

• i play sometimes
Not that I'm an expert on the touhou fighting games (or japanese for that matter...), but 1.11 does mostly seem to be bug fixes-  :o

- aesthetic changes with the spell change effect, mysterious spot, occult aura, popups etc. (the mysterious spot name popup is shorter and becomes transparent faster)
- fixed crashing on windows vista ( :V)
- fixed a bug from changing the time on the pc
- lots of fixes in regards to network play, including battle statistics, lobby and opponent pairing, being able to save replay even when online match is interrupted
- being able to change window size using ctl-alt-[1-4]
- fixed some problems with colour changes
- fixed Mamizou's capsule opening motion not scaling when in high-air or low-air

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with the game to figure out what other changes are, minor corrections to Byakuren's and Mokou's moves, but they don't seem to be gamebreaking

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Well, I certainly am digging Sumireko's occult being useful, Shinmyoumaru's 6C stab being useful, Futo's arrows spreading into multiple ones on plates and her Gate spell card being useful on 4-5 plates, Byakuren karate chop spell card being useful and Koishi's melee being on-demand. I'm waiting warmly for the full changelog because it also feels easier to jump cancel into j.5A with Futo, so theme might be some hitstun increase on [В] and 8C arrow involved.  :3

What I don't like is the loss of not one, but all occult balls when hit during that purple aura after using the occult special attacks once. I understand buffing the occult specials themselves, but making them all-or-nothing attacks pretty much kills what should be a crucial part of the characters' movesets, especially since the aura doesn't go away. What was Tasofro thinking?

On the other hand, it's nice to see Tasofro actually patch the startup problems, the window resize is sweet and the matchmaking lobby got me extremely interested. Hope there will be a translation patch soon, especially since that would also fix the applocale problem.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
What I don't like is the loss of not one, but all occult balls when hit during that purple aura after using the occult special attacks once. I understand buffing the occult specials themselves, but making them all-or-nothing attacks pretty much kills what should be a crucial part of the characters' movesets, especially since the aura doesn't go away. What was Tasofro thinking?
You get all your occult balls back on a regular basis now (I know one trigger is when occult spots end, too lazy to notice the others) so it's not too bad.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
On the other hand, it's nice to see Tasofro actually patch the startup problems, the window resize is sweet and the matchmaking lobby got me extremely interested. Hope there will be a translation patch soon, especially since that would also fix the applocale problem.
Really, Tasofro should consider removing the system checks altogether because seriously why is it even there it's not even an anti-piracy countermeasure for crying out loud

What I don't like is the loss of not one, but all occult balls when hit during that purple aura after using the occult special attacks once
The new occult system much better and adds more balance in game. Now it resets the occult level if you were hit and disables reusing at some seconds. 
At my point Kokoro's first hit is slow and she needs occult counter which earlier she could use one time per round and gets not such useful daggers.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:16:42 PM by Ezsembler »

Really, Tasofro should consider removing the system checks altogether because seriously why is it even there it's not even an anti-piracy countermeasure for crying out loud
someone there has a real bone to pick with modders imo

Seems the Japanese Touhou community might be pushing Tasfro to keep us damn, dirty gaijin's out of them registry files.  :derp:

Skimming the game files, there seems to be a user agreement requiring people not to mod the game in any way. You have to agree to their terms before you can use their online matchmaking service (which honestly I can't recall if they've ever mentioned before, but the menus are in the game files). It seems that they're worried about cheating.

Would something like an English-language patch (when it eventually gets released) be considered "modding the game"?

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Technically it is since you are modifying something inside the game.

...Which brings us to another question: Why check for things that are outside the game, anyway?

Would something like an English-language patch (when it eventually gets released) be considered "modding the game"?
Depends of whether it's a static patch or something similar to thcrap. The former is considered to be modding since you're changing the game's files, while the latter is not since you aren't touching the game's files at all. However, it seems that this is exactly what Tasofro is going after, which is why the game has problems with certain graphics drivers. This reminds me of Nexon and their anti-hack checks and makes me wonder whether Tasofro intended for this game to be played "competitively", especially with all the character balancing and changes.

I'm guessing that unless the anti-hack checks are removed, we won't even get an in-memory English patch. If they're that against modding, then I guess we're either going to accept it or dive deep into the code.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
I miss the Arcade Mode.

Dahel

• Preparing myself for an incoming failure...
As bad as the "nope, we won't let you translate our game " thing is, IMO 14.5 doesn't need the translation patch as bad as 12.3 and 135.5 where you had a lot more stuff going on (mostly, character customization).
Yes, it's bad news for people who wants a translation of the story mode and the menus. but at least you don't need to search what each card does and how does the religion works on a wiki that hasn't been updated for weeks, or months
Soon