Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 808013 times)

I would argue that Lunarians aren't aliens. The only alien are the moon rabbits which I assume lived on the moon all this time. Lunarians are just humans who travelled to the moon way back in the past and is now living there.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Twilight Frontier finally released a downloadable version of the 1.02b patch.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Playism Release a poll for new Touhou derivatives including games like Touhouvania,Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity,Urban Legend in Limbo,New Super Marisa Land,Touhou Sky Arena and The Nightmare of Rebellion

I comment in the poll for GGPO in ULiL

http://playism-games.com/article/touhou-derivatives-what-would-you-like-to-see
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:10:40 PM by Minato-chan »

Can you please translate updater.exe? Thanks!

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
I'm having a weird problem where the game refuses to start at all; does anyone know any fix for this?

Never mind, got it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:13:44 AM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

cuc

Here's a generic patcher for the non-starting problem caused by Tasofro's DLL anti-hacking, and makes the game run on Windows XP. It should be applicable on future versions of the game.
Made by: 八重雾中渡
http://1drv.ms/1LjpXkq

Run it in the same directory as th145.exe, and a new th145_fix.exe will be generated.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:09:57 AM by cuc »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
@cuc Do we have to re-patch it after every update or not?

cuc

@cuc Do we have to re-patch it after every update or not?
Yes, after each update you should delete the patched .exe and run the patcher again.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJwlRQDqBW8
Holy shit Tasofro. Guess the border between the guard being too hard and too easy to break is thin enough that a 700 meter card that breaks 3 hexes is a bad idea.

On a side note, is there a translation of endings available somewhere on the net in any shape or form?

cuc

There's some interesting stuff on that old diary in general, not including them spending way too much money on MtG cards. Some of the 2007/2008 entries are about the design of SWR and their approach to the decisions they made. More or less confirmed that they had felt players would sit around doing nothing too often, so weather was added as a way of forcing the situation. Apparently it originally had no aspect of luck or randomness associated with it.
I was looking for the source where they said Yukari's train spell card was originally supposed to drop an airplane or a satellite.

The source turns out to be a report on 2010's post-Summer Comiket Nae Radio. This is the same source where ZUN said "Lily Black" was simply Lily White cosplaying as the judge.

Also from the report: ZUN came up with SWR's weathers. NKZ: "When he first told us about it, our heads were full of question marks."

That's it. Every time you see a Touhou fighting game become a playground for some lore-dependent ideas that are wacky for wacky's sake - weathers, Suwako, occult balls - the blame probably lies with ZUN.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:09:09 PM by cuc »

But was it his idea to add this stuff to VS mode?

and makes the game run on Windows XP.

For someone who is as old school as I am that who haven't even bothered to upgrade to a newer OS yet... YES!!!

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
For someone who is as old school as I am that who haven't even bothered to upgrade to a newer OS yet... YES!!!

XP isn't supported anymore by Microsoft. You really need to update.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

That's it. Every time you see a Touhou fighting game become a playground for some lore-dependent ideas that are wacky for wacky's sake - weathers, Suwako, occult balls - the blame probably lies with ZUN.

IIRC, Suwako's flying animation in Hisoutensoku wasn't ZUN's idea, though (but of course he rolled with it after being shown it).  My memory could be off.

Tasfro... ZUN's indirect counsel advisers.

Seriously though, I like the ideas that Tasfro put in their games. When I was waiting for the last few days before ULiL was released, I was a little worried about what they would do to Byakuren with her "turbo baba" urban legend. It could have quite easily become lame if it wasn't handled well (imagine a feeble looking Byakuren plotting along on a scooter).

Nope! Tasfro made her a leather-clad motor head on a bad ass motorcycle. Well played Tasfro!

Byakuren really is the character that is full of suprises. 8)

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
So is Byakuren a motorbike granny or OJ Simpson?

OJ Simpson

Lol wut?  :]

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
After a hell of a lot of play time, local tournaments and translation reading I honestly think this is the best touhou fighter in the series. It's easy to pick up and play, the revamped fighting style feels a lot more fun and less complicated than the others as well. It might just be me but I think through the dialogue, story and character art the game also has a lot more charm to it than the other fighters, it feels more like a classic touhou experience since all the characters feel much more, well, characterized I think? Oh, that and that the soundtrack is absolute bliss in my opinion! So yeah, hands down favorite spin-off and touhou fighter for me.

commandercool

• alter cool
Played a bunch more games over the last couple weeks.

People seem to be tending to gravitate toward Marisa because she's so strong and easy to use. Byakuren and Koishi are relatively untouched because they seem to have a significantly higher learning curve than everyone else.

I still haven't quite figured out how to safely move around with Mokou, but her damage is nuts. Mamizou and Kasen may be my favorites right now.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Koishi

j.5a j.5a j.5a j.5a j.5a j.5a

Just keep doing that because of it's ridiculously wide hitbox.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
Lol wut?  :]
If my memory serves me correctly, earlier on this thread it has been mentioned that Byakuren's motorcycle Last Word references OJ Simpson on a high-speed chase with the police. I could be wrong though.

who could forget the oj simpson bike chase urban legend

If my memory serves me correctly, earlier on this thread it has been mentioned that Byakuren's motorcycle Last Word references OJ Simpson on a high-speed chase with the police. I could be wrong though.
Um... you could just go back a few pages.
But i will explain anyways, as someone who was involved in that conversion. Basically Tengukami posted a Photoshop of Byakuren in OJ Simpson's place, and then i asked what the Last Word was referencing, and she thought that i was asking what the Photoshop was parodying, so she said OJ Simpson.

BTW, the Last Word's referencing a Japanese urban myth known as "Turbo Granny".

Edit: Also, this is kind of unrelated to what we are talking about, but i am glad that O.J.'s in jail now, i hope he doesn't get parole.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:10:24 AM by the old guy »
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
For some reason I thought Sumireko was a tanuki like Mamizou when I first saw her design.

cuc

Patch 1.03 has been released, containing some general gameplay tweaks.

This time, Tasofro has also added an env_check.exe tool that checks whether your system has any DLL that prevents the game from running. This is going to help the tech-unsavvy players... how? Let them delete files whose purposes they don't understand?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:19:05 AM by cuc »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
>env_check.exe
Well, I am most certainly not touching that with a 10-foot pole. Messing with system DLLs is always a bad idea.

By the way, does the patcher you posted still work on 1.03, cuc?

AbdulGalaxia

• space binch
I was playing this game for a while now and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nru4UWIlkw4 this happened, It's really nothing special, but i wonder if tasfro gonna fix it or not. i hope they don't its kind of funny in a sense.

cuc

The only non-gameplay change in v1.03 is they added a camera flash to Sumireko's selfie victory animation. The story script errors (there is at least one more error) should not be fixed.
>env_check.exe
Well, I am most certainly not touching that with a 10-foot pole. Messing with system DLLs is always a bad idea.
Relax, the program doesn't do anything other than give you the paths of the files th145.exe won't like.

Indeed, the patcher still works. However, here is Patcher 1.1, which has removed one further check from the program, and should prevent some other cases of the game crashing.
http://1drv.ms/1Kx7rrl
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:04:03 PM by cuc »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Yeah, I still prefer messing with the game to make it work with the computer over messing with the computer to make it work with the game. :V

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So here's a thing I found with Koishi right before 1.03 happened.

Basically, in 1.02b at least, there was an odd quirk that the opponent can't dash or jump out of meaty projectiles if they are recovering from a regular wallslam (or at least, it was a quirk for Nitori's 5aa6a 2c). When I made this video I didn't know about this until now, however I was told this so this might actually be a thing.

Fortunately this doesn't work anymore as the patch nerfed guard crushes. Opponents that were recently crushed will get a temporary extra hex, and spell cards will only do half as much hex damage if it isn't at full/double power. Also the wallslam recovery glitch was fixed :V
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:02:00 PM by Gpop »