Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 808081 times)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Yeah, I read his tweet too. Hopefully it is intentional and not a bug, 'cause I'm loving it
More from Unabara: they discovered the Mahavairocana combo shortly before going gold (finalizing the master disc). They unanimously agreed it is a fun trick that should stay. However, they may have to balance Mahavairocana around the trick in the future.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
game2011, before you respond, check your personal messages please.
It's going to continue through PMs from now on, then.

Over at Touhou wiki, translation for every single story mode has been completed, all that's left is basically the versus mode scripts.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Urban_Legend_in_Limbo/Translation

Hooray! And they are all so interesting) Now we need endings translation to fully understand the whole story of the game.

Edit: ah, there are still a lot of untranslated story modes. Wrote this only after reading most plot-important ones.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:01:35 PM by Valar »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Spoiler:
Ichirin's thing is that she's big, and thus the 8 foot lady legend. She even has a big vs small thing going with Shinmyomaru.
Wouldn't that
Spoiler:
"big" part be better attributed to Unzan though? I mean, Ichirin doesn't seem all that different in size to the others.

PK

• Border of Whatever
I thought i didn't like the music, but it turns out they are pretty good while playing.

Also, i found a little bug. If you get Ko'd during Sumireko's last spell, she gets stuck and stops firing lasers at you, making it super easy to defeat her (it happened to me in Mamizou's scenario).

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Looks like they released patch 1.02, however Tasofro's website is down atm.

raw patch notes are here:
http://pastebin.com/hD9VDSfg

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
That said, i still do think that Yukari kind of lied a little to Kasen when she implied that the humans where only there for the Youkai.
That might actually make sense : outside of Gensokyo, there are already humans but the scientific knowledge and explanations are not quite youkai friendly, while Gensokyo keeps outside world science and common sense outside, allowing the youkai to exist thanks to the humans fearing them. If you think of it this way, the human village is essentially an Youkai incubator : Youkai NEEDS human, so there HAD to be humans in Gensokyo for Youkai to exist, so it seems correct to me that humans are only there for the Youkai.

That might actually make sense : outside of Gensokyo, there are already humans but the scientific knowledge and explanations are not quite youkai friendly, while Gensokyo keeps outside world science and common sense outside, allowing the youkai to exist thanks to the humans fearing them. If you think of it this way, the human village is essentially an Youkai incubator : Youkai NEEDS human, so there HAD to be humans in Gensokyo for Youkai to exist, so it seems correct to me that humans are only there for the Youkai.

No need for guessing, it's directly said so in SoPm)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
raw patch notes are here:
http://pastebin.com/hD9VDSfg
Can anyone give us a rough summary of it at least?

Can anyone give us a rough summary of it at least?
Mostly bugfixes, like for story mode crash, character bugs and inconsistent damage, etc.

Currently translating them now. In the mean time, you can watch Usamimi Kokoro doing Caramelldansen.

EDIT:
Sorry for taking so long. Here it is, http://pastebin.com/imiAAjic
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:38:27 PM by monhan »

Ozzter

• Just lurking around, don't mind me.
Just read through the notes, didn't look like anything too major. Like monhan said, mostly bug fixes and damage tweaks. Bigger ones I saw were a few self damage changes with Mokou, and that I think it said something about the healing being only a portion now instead of full. Most of the other's were kind minor tweaks and such. Sukuna's occult attack is ungrazeable now though, that'll be something I'll forget about. If I actually knew the skill names I would post it, but also I'm not super confident with my Japanese.

I'll leave it up to someone else to give a more thourough list of the translated changes.
Saying I rarely post is an understatement... but I'm always here...!

Hooray! And they are all so interesting) Now we need endings translation to fully understand the whole story of the game.

Edit: ah, there are still a lot of untranslated story modes. Wrote this only after reading most plot-important ones.

Yeah, I did the plot important ones first. Sorry for confusing you.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Wouldn't that
Spoiler:
"big" part be better attributed to Unzan though? I mean, Ichirin doesn't seem all that different in size to the others.

Spoiler:
Byakurenvy makes her wear that figure-hiding dress for a reason :winky:
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

http://tasofro.net/touhou145/

Tasofro's page is up now. Patch your game, everybody.

Is there a translation of the changelog yet? All I could get out of Google Translate was that the timer now stops when a Last Word is in progress.

http://tasofro.net/touhou145/

Tasofro's page is up now. Patch your game, everybody.

Is there a translation of the changelog yet? All I could get out of Google Translate was that the timer now stops when a Last Word is in progress.

The download link is still down for me.

The download link is still down for me.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bcsk7jih7ee5ac6/th145_update_102.exe

Also, you guys might want to wait until 1.03, as Tasofro introduced a stupid bug with this patch. When you resurrect as Mokou, you gain blue health as well as WHITE health. Which means you can repeatedly resurrect and recover all of your health like that.

EDIT: 1.02b released. Use the auto-updater to get it. As expected, it fixes Mokou's Resurrection.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:05:36 PM by SuperVehicle-001 »

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
Woot, that was fast :>
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

When I was playing ULiL I noticed that Marisa seemed to be the most OP out of the 3 in the story quests.

cuc

/put on my fake-as-tanuki-cash old school hat

The most surprising feature of ULiL is the return of mirroring battle taunts between the protagonist and the boss before the final battle.

In EoSD we had:
Remilia: Looks like it's going to be a fun night.
Reimu: Looks like it's going to be a long night.

Remilia: Looks like it's going to be a hot night.
Marisa: Looks like it's going to be a cool night.

In PCB:
Reimu: You can go back underneath these blossoms, ghost of spring!
Yuyuko: You can sleep underneath these blossoms, red-white butterfly!

Marisa: Take back this unlively spring, dead young lady!
Yuyuko: Take away this pitiful morsel of spring, black mage!

Sakuya: The flower-viewings shall commence on the earth, corpse of the princess!
Yuyuko: I shall make you watch the seal undone, dog of the devil!

Now we have:
Sumireko: The Human World's final night will be
Reimu: Gensokyo's first night will be
Sumireko: Etched into the depths of your genes!
Reimu: Etched until you're sick of the nightmares!

I can do all kinds of reading too much into this (lol Sumireko playable in a main game). but the point is, this was interesting.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:02:20 AM by cuc »

I'm still waiting for Tasofro to buff Miko. On more testing I feel she might fall on the weak side of the tiers... she seems to have several shortcomings this iteration, specially when it comes to her new cape mecanic. Seriously, the cape buff is so short-lived its both funny and sad at the same time.

I agree with the statement that Marisa might be too good for her own sake again...

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
I felt bad about the amount of bullying Sumireko got during the events. Gensokyo isn't that friendly I guess. On the other hand i'm quite worried about her character in general, being an occultist and all feels like she doesn't have much friends thus why she enjoys being in Gensokyo while sleeping.

I felt bad about the amount of bullying Sumireko got during the events. Gensokyo isn't that friendly I guess. On the other hand i'm quite worried about her character in general, being an occultist and all feels like she doesn't have much friends thus why she enjoys being in Gensokyo while sleeping.

Honestly, I like what they're doing with the new characters in both this game and HM. The final boss is defined as "the person who gets beat up by everyone else at the end of story mode", so instead of trying to pretend that they're some super-awesome person who's losing on purpose or whatever, the story just roles with it and makes them someone who who gets bullied by everyone else.

CyberAngel

• Retired
I felt bad about the amount of bullying Sumireko got during the events. Gensokyo isn't that friendly I guess.

She's essentially like each and every self-insert OC in existence. And Gensokyo isn't anyone's personal playground.

That said, her character initialy scared me away from this game's story, but I like how it went by the end.

On the other hand i'm quite worried about her character in general, being an occultist and all feels like she doesn't have much friends thus why she enjoys being in Gensokyo while sleeping.

Read her profile. It's true.

some pretty hilarious stuff making the rounds on my jp feed

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26281138 high speed byakuren
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26276443 boss char vs mokou restun loop

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path

cuc

In more things that need patching news, Japanese fans have pointed out what appears to be some misplaced dialogue in the final route.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/coleblog/archives/52028681.html

The current text is:
    華扇「は?霊夢(あなた)が何でここに?
        例の奴はもうすぐ幻想郷に戻るのに」
    霊夢「悠長に待っていられない事態が発生したの
        今すぐにそいつに会わせて」
    華扇「駄目よ。貴方は今、一時的だけど正式な手順を踏んで幻想郷に来ている
        その状態で人間と闘ったら外の世界で目立たない訳が無いわ」
Here Kasen is saying Sumireko is (or ought to be) going back to Gensokyo, and Reimu is temporarily entering Gensokyo "in the proper way", which makes no sense.

A more logical flow would be:
    華扇「は?霊夢(あなた)が何でここに?
        例の奴は今、一時的だけど正式な手順を踏んで幻想郷に来ている
        その状態で人間と闘ったら外の世界で目立たない訳が無いわ」
    霊夢「悠長に待っていられない事態が発生したの
        今すぐにそいつに会わせて」
    華扇「駄目よ。貴方はもうすぐ幻想郷に戻るのに」

They had already notified Tasofro of the issue.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:36:43 AM by cuc »

In more things that need patching news, Japanese fans have pointed out what appears to be some misplaced dialogue in the final route.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/coleblog/archives/52028681.html

The current text is:Here Kasen is saying Sumireko has gone back to Gensokyo, and Reimu is temporarily entering Gensokyo "in the proper way", which makes no sense.

A more logical flow would be:
They had already notified Tasofro of the issue.

Hmm, while the second part certainly doesn't make much sense the way it is now, I sort of figured that the first part was supposed to be referring to Sumireko bouncing back. After all, she used the balls to escape Gensokyo, and for everyone else that's just temporary. She specifically says this in her route. She's still technically "stuck" in Gensokyo, and Kasen needs Reimu to be waiting there to capture her when she bounces back. I'm not sure why Reimu bouncing back would matter at all in this situation: even if Reimu runs out of time to complete her goal, that's not really Kasen's problem, and I'm not sure Reimu would bounce back at all since she didn't use the orbs.

Or maybe I'm totally misunderstanding everything.

Edit: I thought もうすぐ means Sumireko is right about to go back to Gensokyo, not that she already has. Also it's not past tense.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:31:22 AM by Clarste »

The most surprising feature of ULiL is the return of mirroring battle taunts between the protagonist and the boss before the final battle.

NOSTALGIAAAA!!!  :getdown:

Now for something, completely different.

Has anybody been able to figure out if the coding structure for this game is similar to that of HM's? Just so that we know how difficult it may be to put up a translation patch. If it's the same as HM, the groundwork is already set!  :D

P.S Koishi's final smash will be a challenge to translate, since it's actually part of the final smash animation. Would that be possible to hack into?

cuc

Ahem, I only just realized that Sumireko is wearing a Quimbaya airplane (just google it, or "Quimbaya artifact") pendant. Those pre-Columbian artifacts were a famous "evidence" for ancient astronauts, even though they were simply stylized fish. (For example, see Ancient Aliens Debunked)

It's ironic that according to her vs. mode dialogue, Sumireko does not believe we have any chance of meeting intelligent aliens, meaning the pendant is only part of her spooky occultist getup, not something she believes.

It's doubly ironic that non-alien ancient astronauts do exist in the Touhou universe, in the form of the Lunarians, who might be manipulating Sumireko, and whose powers Sumireko have tapped into with her last word.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:32:41 PM by cuc »