Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 807900 times)

Anyway, I was right. ULiL is amazing. My favorite fighting game, Hisoutensoku was getting boring after having played it with a friend for pretty much 3 years straight. Love it. The story is neat too (even if it's still in japanese).

there an irc channel for this? obviously people are on rizon but idk if ppirc folks are just using sokumaidens or what. nothing ULiL-related shows up using /list.

Im glad to see much more acceptance of this game than poor HM had, altough some was justified, most of it felt more like the typical hate becase X is not Y... like how smash Brawl wasnt like Melee and so on.

I?ve been doing some testing myself and oh boy if this gameplay is much more different than HM?s. So many changes in so many areas, specially on the floatiness ones. Like for example, you can only and strictly only do dash attacks as long as you are on ground (mid height) of the stage. Also, no matter what, as soon as your reach the ground all 5A moves you do get auto-cancelled.

You might want to try sokumaidens, its like the general Irc site for touhou figthing games.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Hey guys, I made a Day 1 Koishi Combo video for this game

It was surprisingly a lot more fun than I thought :V

Updated that thing I made earlier. Now you can see what everything does in the Config menu.

Again, remember to keep Vsync off AT ALL TIMES.

Im glad to see much more acceptance of this game than poor HM had, altough some was justified, most of it felt more like the typical hate becase X is not Y... like how smash Brawl wasnt like Melee and so on.
at launch Hopeless was bad in pretty much every conceivable way; if anything all the games' faults were used to justify an overall low interest level.

I still don't like the thick-edged anime style they switched to for the sprites, though. It's ugly.

Komeiji11

• The Gloomy Power of Love
Just beat Koishi's story and
Spoiler:
Koishi with a cellphone is so cute :3

But some of the dialogue seemed really interesting especially for her. I couldn't tell if she just wanted to scare people or if she didn't want the legend of Merry to be forgotten... makes me wonder if she chose Merry because she can magically appear behind people or because she is a "forgotten doll" and connects with that.

The ending said something about true terror but I haven't learned enough kanji to know what. I just know Satori said the outside world is the scariest of worlds :ohdear:

Random thought: but maybe Koishi's fascination with phones is her way of showing she wants to actually communicate with others?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:58:07 AM by Komeiji11 »

Komeiji11

Meant to mention this earlier but I'd gladly help translating. I'm still learning the language but I feel I could understand a fair bit of the text,

Just finished playing the story mode. The story was quite interesting and I like how it connects to TH 15.
I hope there would be a roll software for ULiL tho  :V

Ozzter

• Just lurking around, don't mind me.
Quick update about the whole spellcard bug with Kasen. I tested against each of her spellcards, and it seems that only the middle one works properly. The top and bottom ones will cause Kasen to only block and dash once they're declared, so if you are playing with Kasen as the AI, make sure you set her spellcard to the middle one if you don't want her AI to bug out. Just a bit of warning for those who don't know.
Saying I rarely post is an understatement... but I'm always here...!

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
There seem to be some character-specificness going on in the combos here. For example, Mokou's j.5A 4AAA 8A(1 hit) 6B 6CCC (dial this shit like it's MKX) seems to work on Reimu and Byakuren but doesn't on Sukuna for some reason as far as I tested. Of course, my execution isn't exactly great but I can do that one consistently enough.

I know not many are hyped for Miko as I did but I made a little combo video for her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7YWIpEPO2g&feature=youtu.be

I know not many are hyped for Miko as I did but I made a little combo video for her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7YWIpEPO2g&feature=youtu.be

Now don't say that. I'm happy for all the cast of the game, and certainly don't mind seeing more of what they can do.
That's actually really nice! Guess Miko doesn't play too differently from HM.

I want to make one for Byakuren, but I think my laptop can't handle recording and making a video for it.

There seem to be some character-specificness going on in the combos here. For example, Mokou's j.5A 4AAA 8A(1 hit) 6B 6CCC (dial this shit like it's MKX) seems to work on Reimu and Byakuren but doesn't on Sukuna for some reason as far as I tested. Of course, my execution isn't exactly great but I can do that one consistently enough.
Not only that, Mokou's basic 6AAAA only connects to characters that lean forward enough when being hit, otherwise to characters like Koishi and Kokoro it won't connect.

commandercool

• alter cool
Mokou seems to have serious reach problems with her A moves, from the very little messing around with her I've done so far. The hitboxes of most of them barely seem to go past her sprite. She's going to take some figuring out and getting used to, but I like her. I like everybody so far actually, nobody seems not fun to pkay with.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I was good with Koishi and Futo in HM but now they both feel nigh unplayable :S To my surprise I actually just learned how to play Nitori instead and I might go for Sukuna next. I'm also interested in Kokoro, and maybe Marisa... I haven't gotten around to it much so I've got lots of testing to do!

Is there a wiki of any sort for data on ULiL (as in, data about the character's movesets and/or combos, which the touhou wiki has never really been used for) or any plans for there to be one somewhere in the non-distant future?

edit:Kokoro is too crazy for me, I'll definitely dabble in Sukuna, Marisa and Futo maybe after there's combos out for 'em I can copy. :T
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:58:35 PM by Selery »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
Ah, Moe Harukawa~ I love her style! I hope she'll be drawing for fightning spinoffs from now on... It's just my small wish, though.
I'm a little bit sad dBu made a rock remix of Lost Emotion. His non-rocky songs are amazing, as proven by Serenade in midnight sun and Scherzo of Fairy Wars. That's too bad...
Sumireko's theme is amazing! I love it~ Figthning games last bossess always have good music.
Can't wait to play it myself~
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Is there a wiki of any sort for data on ULiL (as in, data about the character's movesets and/or combos, which the touhou wiki has never really been used for) or any plans for there to be one somewhere in the non-distant future?
http://shinpiroku.koumakan.jp/

It's still very much a WIP as the game just came out but any help would be great

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
I was good with Koishi and Futo in HM but now they both feel nigh unplayable :S To my surprise I actually just learned how to play Nitori instead and I might go for Sukuna next. I'm also interested in Kokoro, and maybe Marisa... I haven't gotten around to it much so I've got lots of testing to do!

Exactly the same with Futo. Its quite difficult for me to get some nice combo's.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
Fun Fact:  You can press up or down during the credit roll scene to make your character fly up or down. It stops at a certain height though.

Also, I found a bug in Ichrin's Story Mode. When I fought Miko's first Occult Spell, sometimes she just flew away to the top of the screen so I could not hit her until I lost a life and she went back down.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
By the way, I haven't experimented with it much but I think Mokou's LW is about as YOLO as going for instant kills in the Guilty Gear XX games. Anyone know any possible situations where it might be useful or safe?

By the way, I haven't experimented with it much but I think Mokou's LW is about as YOLO as going for instant kills in the Guilty Gear XX games. Anyone know any possible situations where it might be useful or safe?
After a guard break.  :V
And even then, I'm not exactly sure if it'll make it.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
Some Day 1 stuff with Shinmyoumaru, if people wanna see.

I wanted to upload this earlier, but my computer crashed hard all of a sudden when I plugged my arcade stick. And then I tried Lossless compression in OBS which Premiere didn't like at all. Whatever. :V

Komeiji11

Is there a way to control which school legend Marisa uses? I feel like there should be but I don't think there is.

Exactly the same with Futo. Its quite difficult for me to get some nice combo's.

I think that with Futo you dont really need combos, just shoot your opponent from a distance and avoid close combat. Really, her 5c is so good)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 04:51:50 PM by Valar »

The only thing i dislike so far is the fact that stages look empty , i mean the saffari you fight Mamizou in, looks sooooo empty as well as the village of lost emotion.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Is there a way to control which school legend Marisa uses? I feel like there should be but I don't think there is.

Marisa's school legend goes in set turns.
Piano>Painting>Statue>Basketball>Piano....
You can only plan it ahead before using it

http://shinpiroku.koumakan.jp/

It's still very much a WIP as the game just came out but any help would be great
How to contribute though when we can't freely edit it?
Should we just post the combos and such elsewhere, like here?

The only thing i dislike so far is the fact that stages look empty , i mean the saffari you fight Mamizou in, looks sooooo empty as well as the village of lost emotion.
Since you're comparing it to the spectators in HM, then that's obvious. They won't be able to change much even if they can redo the stages.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
How to contribute though when we can't freely edit it?
Should we just post the combos and such elsewhere, like here?
You have to talk to I believe Freudian in #shinkirou at irc.rizon.net. He's the one that creates accounts for the wiki.

Oh, Kasen's story translation is out.

Well, in her dialogue with
Spoiler:
Sumireko she called Kasen a youkai, and our hermit didn't deny it. Probably because she just didn't care about what a girl from the Outside thinks, but still, a nice touch.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Oh, Kasen's story translation is out.

Well, in her dialogue with
Spoiler:
Sumireko she called Kasen a youkai, and our hermit didn't deny it. Probably because she just didn't care about what a girl from the Outside thinks, but still, a nice touch.
Spoiler:
Including stuff that's been said in written works, it's -heavily- implied Kasen is an oni.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore