Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 807979 times)

IDK about that,
Spoiler:
being a world were "the smiles of children are rare", and the bamboo shots, makes it sound like a dystopian future to me.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
That's what I said... it's heavily implied to be in the future. I just don't think it's ever been outright stated which is what the question was about.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

hello, guys, anyone know where to get arts from game?

If you mean the character artwork, they're on the character listing page over at touhouwiki

the koishi changes confuse me, has anyone got the hang of her?
The automatic use of her moves seem even crazier and her run changes just make me miss everything
am i just bad at this  :ohdear:

Komeiji11

• The Gloomy Power of Love
Koishi's changes seem to have been made to fit her urban legend. When she disappears during her dash she reappears shortly right behind your opponent so there's a specific timing to get down if you want to hit the enemy right as you teleport behind them.
Her other moves can actually be triggered by inputting the command a second time so they don't have to be counters now.

Koishi's changes seem to have been made to fit her urban legend. When she disappears during her dash she reappears shortly right behind your opponent so there's a specific timing to get down if you want to hit the enemy right as you teleport behind them.
Her other moves can actually be triggered by inputting the command a second time so they don't have to be counters now.
I was thinking that her change was related to that, still awkward to have your skills trigger whenever you try to dodge in story mode ^^
I was wondering how i was forcefully casting her skills, nice to know its just a simple case of repressing the buttons

Komeiji11

Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't stop imaging a really awesome anime with Byakuren's new theme blaring in the background and her with her hair blowing in the wind and
Spoiler:
taking command of the streets/skies with her motorcycle :V
Spoiler:

>there's no fifteenth character
Oh well, who cares. Game is all kinds of fantastic and that's good enough for me!

Story-wise, tho -
Spoiler:
Excuse me if I'm missing something (I'm still processing all the new lore), but was the hole that Kasen punched through the Hakurei Barrier the one responsible for the appearance of the Lunarians? IN said stuff about them not being able to enter Gensokyo because of the barrier, yet LoLK shows them there.

7TC7

• In best company
Mamizou seems to crash the game for me sometimes. Once while playing as her (while charging her bullet attack) and twice now while fighting her in story mode during her (I think first) spellcard, that also uses those UFO bullets. I could beat her a few times and I also managed to finish her story, so it doesn't happen all the time, but third times enough to let me ask here, if I'm alone with this problem.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Mamizou seems to crash the game for me sometimes. Once while playing as her (while charging her bullet attack) and twice now while fighting her in story mode during her (I think first) spellcard, that also uses those UFO bullets. I could beat her a few times and I also managed to finish her story, so it doesn't happen all the time, but third times enough to let me ask here, if I'm alone with this problem.
I've seen others bring up this same issue, so it's not just you. IIRC one suggested that changing their difficulty from normal to hard fixed the problem? Can't test that myself as I've not yet played the game.

>there's no fifteenth character
Oh well, who cares. Game is all kinds of fantastic and that's good enough for me!

Story-wise, tho -
Spoiler:
Excuse me if I'm missing something (I'm still processing all the new lore), but was the hole that Kasen punched through the Hakurei Barrier the one responsible for the appearance of the Lunarians? IN said stuff about them not being able to enter Gensokyo because of the barrier, yet LoLK shows them there.

That part of Imperishable Night has been retconned by Silent Sinner in Blue, Cage in Lunatic Runagate, and Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth. I am pretty sure the barrier could never prevent Lunarians from entering Gensokyo.

That part of Imperishable Night has been retconned by Silent Sinner in Blue, Cage in Lunatic Runagate, and Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth. I am pretty sure the barrier could never prevent Lunarians from entering Gensokyo.

Then why are they entering Gensokyo now? And how is the Lunar Capital occult ball related to that? Or is all of that stuff still unknown?

Komeiji11

Were there any character omakes by chance? I'm curious how they explained Koishi's and Kokoro's reasons for fighting this time.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
I'm hoping for some tutorials or whatever soon because I have no idea WTF I'm doing with Mokou. :derp:

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
After practicing all the characters, I still don't get how Ichirin's Occult Attack works ._.

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

UTW

Then why are they entering Gensokyo now? And how is the Lunar Capital occult ball related to that? Or is all of that stuff still unknown?

Spoiler:
I believe the barrier does prevent them from coming in. However, to someone like Toyohime, it's no big thing, since she has the ability to link the Earth and Moon and travel between them. Or something. Reisen II also arrived with the help of the Lunar Veil. So it's no big deal entering Gensokyo if you have the means. But what I'm getting from LoLK is that there's someone else on the Moon who wants to wreak havoc in Gensokyo, but doesn't have the means or cooperation of Toyohime (TOTAL speculation).

That's why they apparently needed to interfere with Sumireko and enable her to break the barrier. But what I'm getting about Kasen's part is that she was actively trying to break the barrier from the other side, anyway. I think.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
This just happened.
http://puu.sh/hIWME/4f5d01d6a6.jpg

Not sure what I did but it I ended up "controlling" Byakuren as wel, while she simultaneously flew up and down. After I pushed her to the wall we both went into oblivion.
After doing some attacks she popped from the left side of the screen. Simple reentering the battle fixes it, obviously. But still.  :V

(has to do something with refreshing the field with F1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3t1c49QN_U

After practicing all the characters, I still don't get how Ichirin's Occult Attack works ._.
Throw the opponent to the other side of the screen and activate, I suppose.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:00:35 AM by Quwanti »

So, I've never got super into HM, but Mokou is the game now so I'm getting into the game.
Is there anywhere I can get a tutorial as to mechanics? Written, video anything works.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So, I've never got super into HM, but Mokou is the game now so I'm getting into the game.
Is there anywhere I can get a tutorial as to mechanics? Written, video anything works.
The game just came out, and the gameplay is pretty significanlty different from HM despite both being airborne. A lot of people are still trying to figure out how some mechanics work exactly.

Well, basic stuff on Mokou:
Her attacks deal a lot of damage, but most of them deal some damage to herself too. This damage is not permanent though, and her 5C skill is rebirth: she explodes in a column of fire, dealing nice damage, and resurrects in a few seconds with all self-inflicted damage gone. Her occult attack greatly increases her power, but quickly reduses her health, occult ends on rebirth (or getting hit).

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
Throw the opponent to the other side of the screen and activate, I suppose.

That's her Last Word, sadly.
I meant her Z + X attack.

Also, Sumireko is really fun to play with~

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

If you mean the character artwork, they're on the character listing page over at touhouwiki
i haven't found from 14.5
would be nice, if anyone could find sprites of
Spoiler:
usami

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
Still feel that the roster is a wasted potential.  Number wouldn't have been an issue if they used more new characters who are more associated with urban legends (Aya, Hatate, Sanae, Kogasa, etc.) instead of bringing back characters who don't look like they fit the theme of the game...

Here's hoping for a 12.3-style update!

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
Valar's got the gist of what Mokou's mechanics are all about. I'll try and point out some specific stuff I noticed while I spent all day putting together as many reliable combos as possible for Mokou gave Mokou a quick test run.

First of all, Mokou's major gimmick is in fact her Resurrection game. Mokou's heavy melee attacks, (8Z/6Z/2Z) her forward and charged projectiles, and her forward, up and down specials (6C, 8C and 2C respectively) will decrease her blue health bar by a small percentage, and replace it with white health, which can be recovered back by using her 5C, Resurrection. An important thing to note about Resurrection is that its recovery time is EXTENSIVE. You can't do anything until Mokou's back at neutral height unless you declare a spellcard right after jumping out of the ball of fire. This leaves you wide open for punishment if you use Resurrection without thinking. As a sidenote, 4C doesn't take away any health and gives you great distance from the opponent, so it's a phenomenal spacing tool.

Mokou's Occult mode will increase the damage each of her attacks do, as well as increase the knockback on her heavier melee moves and boost the number of projectiles she fires off in any of her projectile attacks, while decreasing her blue health and turning it to white health passively as a result of being in this mode. It can be turned off at any time by using the occult function again after at least three seconds, but this method of turning off her Occult mode will leave her doing nothing for a full second, so if you plan on doing that, make some distance. Otherwise, just plan out using your Resurrection to get back any health you've lost. An important thing to note is that some combos may not work the same way in Occult mode as they would in Mokou's regular mode. Moves that require the opponent to be quite close to Mokou when she finishes an attack (8Z to 5C) can whiff entirely due to the increased knockback, and combos that require the use of projectiles can drop prematurely due to the extra stun provided by the increased projectile count. Keep that in mind and test your combos both in and out of Occult mode.

I have a few day 1 combos too. Mostly midscreen combos. A is melee button, B is projectile, and C is special. (which is already conveniently on C) jc = "jump" cancel, and moves with j. in front of the input are specific moves pulled off mid-jump.

Code: [Select]
4AAA 2A 2B 3jc j.6A 4C - Stun 100 - Damage 2296/3033 - Pushes the opponent into the corner, and since it ends on 4C, doesn?t require a lot of health loss. My personal go-to combo.

4AAA 2A 2B 3jc j.5A 8C - Stun 96/100 - Damage 2036/2718 - Offers the same distance as ? j.6A 4C, but puts you above the opponent, and will not stun in normal mode, and does less damage overall.

4AAA 8A 8C - Stun 80 - Damage 1691/2113 - Gives you plenty of distance above the opponent. WAIT FOR THE SECOND HIT OF 8A.

4AAA 8A 5C - Stun 48/NO DON?T - Damage 1626/STAHP(!!!) - DO NOT DO THIS WITH OCCULT ACTIVE. 8A has more knockback toward the corner in Occult mode, and Resurrection will completely whiff if you use it. Even then, this is not 100% safe for resurrecting. If you REALLY need to recover, and you feel you?ll gain more than you?ll lose if you screw it up, get that dial A confirm and go for it. Again, wait for the second hit.

2A 5C - Stun 56/56 - Damage 1411/1548 - Get RIGHT up in your enemy?s face for this one. Safer than the above, but it does require you to be hugging the opponent in order to pull this off reliably, so be careful with it.

That's what I've got so far. Still working on spellcard confirms and what exactly the hell I'm meant to be doing with her amulet card...

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

I am not sure how much do you know about Sumireko as I can not read Japanese, but I was thinking about the popular theories of Sumireko being from parallel world or alternative timeline as she is as well the first president of sealing club... Personally I don't think it is impossible for Sumireko and Renko to exists in same world at the same time as Renko is university student and Sumireko is high schooler: They can be still both the first presidents for that club but in a different school.

Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
I am not sure how much do you know about Sumireko as I can not read Japanese, but I was thinking about the popular theories of Sumireko being from parallel world or alternative timeline as she is as well the first president of sealing club... Personally I don't think it is impossible for Sumireko and Renko to exists in same world at the same time as Renko is university student and Sumireko is high schooler: They can be still both the first presidents for that club but in a different school.

This might actually work.
Throwing in my thought, what if
Spoiler:
Sumireko is actually Renko in another universe?
Might by a wild idea, but it might work~

Continuing from the theories of Sumireko being the ancestor of Renko, well, that can work.
It says in the wiki that Renko lives at Kyoto in the near future.
Dunno what album it was stated in, though.
Instead of ancestor, though, something like a close relative might do.

Instead of ancestor, though, something like a close relative might do.

Yeah, that is possible. For my theory I was thinking that if they don't know each other they might be cousins.
Personally I have many cousins that I have only heard by name once or twice so that kind of relation might work in this case as well.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Ozzter

• Just lurking around, don't mind me.
Does Kasen's AI bug out for anyone? ( Or any other character, only happened to me on Kasen ). I was in a match with her as Miko, and sometime through the battle she began to go extremely defensive and not attack at all, just blocking. This is on Lunatic difficulty too, so it must be some kind of bug.

Anyways ULiL is so much better than HM in my opinion. I was a bit skeptic with the whole concrete movesets, but after playing around I quite like them actually. Huge improvement with the movement, lots of changes to characters, and the new ones are pretty fun as well. I really like Miko's changes especially, her occult move is one of my favorites, though nothing can really beat Byakuren on a motorcycle, haha. ULiL really lived up to my expectations at least, can't wait to get some games set up with my friends.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:14:56 AM by Ozzter »
Saying I rarely post is an understatement... but I'm always here...!

You have to play Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom for that answer. But Lunarians were always able to enter Gensokyo.

Yeah, that is possible. For my theory I was thinking that if they don't know each other they might be cousins.
Personally I have many cousins that I have only heard by name once or twice so that kind of relation might work in this case as well.

Merry and Renko are from the future. Sumireko is in the present. Since Sumireko and Renko have the last same last name, Usami, they are most likely related. Maybe Sumireko is Renko's ancestor or something.

Does Kasen's AI bug out for anyone? ( Or any other character, only happened to me on Kasen ). I was in a match with her as Miko, and sometime through the battle she began to go extremely defensive and not attack at all, just blocking. This is on Lunatic difficulty too, so it must be some kind of bug.

Haven't played much AI in the official release, but in the web demo earlier, Kasen stopped attacking whenever she activated a spell card. So that might be why.
Anyway, 14.5 and 15demo both have a ton of bugs right now...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:25:43 AM by Margatron »

7TC7

• In best company

As far as I know, it's after she activates her top-most spellcard. She doesn't know what to do with it and just starts flying around.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel