Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 807952 times)

FLASH

• Still looking for the Hakurei shrine...
  • So close
Spoiler:
Holy **** what?! an outside world fight?! :getdown: with buildings in a city and all?! Never in a Thousand years did i expect to see that in a Touhou Game WOW !
Plot Wise this looks like this game (and LOLK if their story is related) might be some heavy **** even in regards to the whole touhou universe in general, damn! :O

I really love
Spoiler:
Sumireko's
Theme! Very Elegant, Mysterious and Beautiful!

thought number 1:
Spoiler:
i bet People in the Outside World WILL have seen the Danmaku Fight, but they'll all come to think it was just a Mass Hallucination or something or not be trusted by the others, and that's the real "Urban Legend in Limbo" the game is named after!  :D

thought number 2:

Spoiler:
our little Usami Sumireko here Could well be Maribel's ancestor instead, have anyone thought about that? Maribel come from a Bloodline of Mysticysts/ People who can see the Supernatural, this fit very well with Sumireko. And it's not said Anywhere Maribel and Renko aren't related; they could well be cousins or something no?
(Sumireko whould be a Direct ancestor to Maribel, and just an Aunt or something to Renko ?? thus being the OG Sealing club member, and related to Both its 2 later members we already know...? )

it's just an idea of course, i'm not even so convinced myself lol Hopefully Her story reveals or at least Hints at something though!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:19:45 PM by FLASH »

You guys were probably hyped a bit too much if this comes as disappointment) Nice gameplay, good music, interesting story (not that I can read it though) and some fun spells (
Spoiler:
Byakuren on motorcycle FTW
). Expectations met 99%)

Lightseeker

• Aurora
Spoiler:
Kokoro's Last Word is like a jumpscare.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:51:39 PM by Lightseeker »

Komeiji11

• The Gloomy Power of Love
Anyone have any idea on what Nitori's Last Word does?
Spoiler:
From what I could figure out, you have to be pretty close for it to trigger and then she has Nessie shoot mouth lasers at the enemy!
Spoiler:

But I think this game is really fun, combos are kind of beyond me at this point but Koishi is still adorable  :V
Her Last Word definitely has to be my favorite and her story spell card honestly kind of scared me first time seeing it...

Byakuren is now Wario now though. The most entertaining thing ever is watching her ride back and forth on her motorcycle  :V
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:59:48 PM by Komeiji11 »

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
You guys were probably hyped a bit too much if this comes as disappointment
Well,
Spoiler:
the roster could be a bit bigger and use more new faces.  It's smaller than 10.5...

Can anyone translate config menu, please? Thank you

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:03:43 PM by Tsalop »
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Komeiji11

What's everyone think of the music? Favorite for me has to be Byakuren's because it's just so fitting with her and her occult skill  :D

What's everyone think of the music? Favorite for me has to be Byakuren's because it's just so fitting with her and her occult skill  :D

Well from the little time i?ve had with the game, i have to say the music is great!

Some of the best are Kasen's theme, and the final boss theme

It is a shame that the 15th slot was a measly random select -_-"
Even though i don't understand anything in the story, the game is great!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:23:27 PM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
If I weren't dead-tired, I'd dive into translating this right away. The spoilers are tantalizing.

Hm... from her character profile (on the wiki) I get the feeling that we're never going to see Sumire again, or at least not in Gensokyo. Anyone care to correct me (hopeful)?

I'm honestly not fond of the final boss theme. It's a pretty decent theme in it's own right but it's too far from what I think of as a ZUN song. Maybe it'll grow on me. The rest of the music is great, though.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

how're HM players finding this game stacks up compared to HM? what're the biggest changes for better or worse? i dropped HM pretty early so i never got to see what the game became (nevermind that I'm awful at fightans in the first place) but i'd be interested

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
Hm... from her character profile (on the wiki) I get the feeling that we're never going to see Sumire again, or at least not in Gensokyo. Anyone care to correct me (hopeful)?

Sumireko Usami's profile: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Sumireko_Usami

Spoiler:
Yeah, I don't think we'll see her in Gensokyo. But I'm hoping that she gets mentioned in WaHH and maybe FS, even if it's a veiled reference. Considering Kasen's involvement, it's not unlikely.

A possible interaction with Merry and Renko, maybe? Earlier discussions have been about them living in the future, but there's also the possibility of parallel timelines/dimensions, e.g., Yukari and Sumireko are Merry and Renko in another timeline.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
I find it hilarious that ZUN went into great detail to
Spoiler:
put "high school girl" as Sumireko's species.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
how're HM players finding this game stacks up compared to HM? what're the biggest changes for better or worse? i dropped HM pretty early so i never got to see what the game became (nevermind that I'm awful at fightans in the first place) but i'd be interested
We like how it feels more refined as a fighting game in general. However, the way combos work now is a bit off-putting in terms of how little hitstun there is now compared to HM.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
I find it hilarious that ZUN went into great detail to
Spoiler:
put "high school girl" as Sumireko's species.
Not university student like Renko ?

A possible interaction with Merry and Renko, maybe? Earlier discussions have been about them living in the future, but there's also the possibility of parallel timelines/dimensions, e.g., Yukari and Sumireko are Merry and Renko in another timeline.[/spoiler]
Interestingly enough, Yukari and Merry never met each other for now ; seeing how Renko and
Spoiler:
Sumireko
are related... maybe a music CD story'll elaborate on this someday ? *hopeful, hopeful*

Spoiler:
Unless Sumireko is actually Renko's magical girl form, now that'd be a development

Lightseeker

• Aurora
Anyone know what urban legend is Byakuren's occult attack based on?
Spoiler:
I do not know of any stories that involve a woman riding a bike.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
By the way, what did the day 1 patch change?

By the way, what did the day 1 patch change?
I heard it adds auto-patching capabilities.

I don't know what Tasofro did, but even with the fixes the users here posted, it seems my computer has deemed it unrunnable.

Oh well, I regrettably will pass from ULiL even though I want to play so badly. My God, another disadvantage of being poor and the inability to get a better laptop. :( :( :( :(

You're wizard Harry...

When I try to view it, I get a message saying my client doesn't have permission to view this :c Can you fix this/post translated screenshots?

EDIT: Just gonna say this now, netplay is still bad, not sure if it was as bad as HM's since I never found anyone to play with, but it's still kinda laggy, and a match where I had almost no lag, had a small delay...I'm hoping someone makes a ULiLRoll or something  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 05:31:10 PM by Ryan5011 »

And stuffs from others...
Actually...
Spoiler:
She does came back and visit Gensoukyo, Maribel-style, through a dream. In the ending, she is returned to the outside world and the barrier got restored. However, later on she showed up in Gensoukyo, much to Reimu's surprise. Sumireko explains that whenever she sleeps, her mind/spirit transferred into Gensoukyo. She became quite popular with the other denizens of Gensoukyo since she tell them stories about the Outside World. Sumireko herself now spends almost half her day sleeping so she can visit Gensoukyo.
In a sense, no. She won't return to Gensoukyo, but she can still interact with the others. Though this opens up more room for speculation about her origins and what we presume, relations to the members of the Sealing Club that we know before. Rather tricky here, but let's save that for later.

Another thing, I also see how ULiL connects to LoLK now.
The Occult Balls are actually called "Power Stones" that Sumireko used to connect the Outside World with Gensoukyo. However, as you can see in her profile, and in the ending, one of the stone was a bit odd. That stone is the "Lunar Capital" power stone. Apparently, someone from inside of Gensoukyo messed around with it, causing the Urban Legend to leak into Gensoukyo, and they didn't even find it in the ending.

I'm not exactly sure since I think I need to redo them again, but I think the power stone can negate certain thing from being prevented entry by the Great Hakurei Barrier. If this is true though, we'll have some company if LoLK demo is an indication. One of them is probably the culprit who took the stone as well.

When I try to view it, I get a message saying my client doesn't have permission to view this :c Can you fix this/post translated screenshots?

EDIT: Just gonna say this now, netplay is still bad, not sure if it was as bad as HM's since I never found anyone to play with, but it's still kinda laggy, and a match where I had almost no lag, had a small delay...I'm hoping someone makes a ULiLRoll or something  :ohdear:

Fixed the link...

EDIT: What is Sumireko supposed to be doing when you are fighting her as Reimu for the last time? There was a flashing eye icon but for some reason nothing seemed to happen that would hurt Reimu.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:08:13 PM by Tsalop »
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
Actually...
Spoiler:
She does came back and visit Gensoukyo, Maribel-style, through a dream. In the ending, she is returned to the outside world and the barrier got restored. However, later on she showed up in Gensoukyo, much to Reimu's surprise. Sumireko explains that whenever she sleeps, her mind/spirit transferred into Gensoukyo. She became quite popular with the other denizens of Gensoukyo since she tell them stories about the Outside World. Sumireko herself now spends almost half her day sleeping so she can visit Gensoukyo.
In a sense, no. She won't return to Gensoukyo, but she can still interact with the others. Though this opens up more room for speculation about her origins and what we presume, relations to the members of the Sealing Club that we know before. Rather tricky here, but let's save that for later.

Another thing, I also see how ULiL connects to LoLK now.
The Occult Balls are actually called "Power Stones" that Sumireko used to connect the Outside World with Gensoukyo. However, as you can see in her profile, and in the ending, one of the stone was a bit odd. That stone is the "Lunar Capital" power stone. Apparently, someone from inside of Gensoukyo messed around with it, causing the Urban Legend to leak into Gensoukyo, and they didn't even find it in the ending.

I'm not exactly sure since I think I need to redo them again, but I think the power stone can negate certain thing from being prevented entry by the Great Hakurei Barrier. If this is true though, we'll have some company if LoLK demo is an indication. One of them is probably the culprit who took the stone as well.

Spoiler:
That's very interesting. Thank you.

As for the Lunar Capital stone, so it wasn't Kasen who tampered with it / broke the Barrier then? (I can't recall where I read this.)

I have a theory that the stone was also used to break the boundary between dreams and waking life. That can explain Sumireko's visits and Doremy's reaction to seeing Reimu in her physical body.

Spoiler:
Actually, now that you mention it, I don't think it's ever explicitly stated. They live in a world similar to ours but slightly more advanced. It's implied that it's our future because of certain events, a similarity to the Seihou world, and a similarity to Yumemi's world, but I don't think Merry's world is ever outright said to be in the future./spoiler]
IDK about that,
Spoiler:
being a world were "the smiles of children are rare", and the bamboo shots, makes it sound like a dystopian future to me.
Spoiler:
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

I'm hoping someone makes a ULiLRoll or something  :ohdear:
Surprisingly, the built-in PPTP VPN server that comes with Windows 7/8 actually works quite well for this. I tried playing the demo with a friend across the city I live in, and it feels like local gameplay. There's little to no lag at all. The initial connection setup is a bit complicated, but the end result is pretty nice. Someone should try hosting this way across states (or even countries) to see if the latency is acceptable.

Komeiji11

Kind of related to what monhan said, but if I read it right and my Japanese isn't horrible...
Spoiler:
Kasen explains to Mokou simply collecting the seven occult balls leads to the outside world being opened
Spoiler:

but I may have missed something  :ohdear:

hello, guys, anyone know where to get arts from game?